Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . . . 40 NEXT

Anruin poked his head out of the cellar door, "So you guys good, or will I need to get involved?"

Urgal strode through the door tall, with a smirk on his face. He had picked up his maces and had had a chance to put on the lower part of his armour, but his chest remained bare.

"I suggest you elves leave unless you want us to finish Anacotar off."

The early morning sunlight was just becoming clear over the horizon, soon the town would be dense with its populace heading about their day to day business and the guards couldn't be too keen on a violent skirmish. However, he could tell that these were not exactly moral mer, and all too pleased to look for a reason to see some action.

Who does that remind you of? thought Urgal as he unhooked his maces.

Derek_the_Dodo:
Urgal strode through the door tall, with a smirk on his face. He had picked up his maces and had had a chance to put on the lower part of his armour, but his chest remained bare.

"I suggest you elves leave unless you want us to finish Anacotar off."

The early morning sunlight was just becoming clear over the horizon, soon the town would be dense with its populace heading about their day to day business and the guards couldn't be too keen on a violent skirmish. However, he could tell that these were not exactly moral mer, and all too pleased to look for a reason to see some action.

Who does that remind you of? thought Urgal as he unhooked his maces.

''This is taking too long'' Joncis said, leaving, he came back with the struggling mer from the house, ''Get out of here or he gets shot,'' he said, readying a thunderbolt. The bodyguards took a step backwards, then Joncis pushed the hostage towards them. They grabbed him, then moved back towards the manor ''Well, that was unnecessarily tense'' he said, going back into the house.

By now it was morning and Joncis was awake, ''Ugh, Endya, Get up'' he said, throwing a bit of fod towards her in the bed. ''It's early morning, we should head down to the harbor once the others are awake'' he said, looking down towards the coast. Seeing people loading cargo onto the ships or moving them onto nearby carriages. ''We should be in Torval this time tomorrow.'' Endya said, putting on her shoes and long-flowing robes.

Enthir was woken up by a group of Bosmer speaking outside of his room, he left with Vargmir still in bed and checked above deck to see where they were: the middle of the ocean ''Yes ma'am, we'll be in Torval by tomorrow, don't worry'' one of the sailors said ''I hope you're right for your sake, the last prediction you made sent us off course by nearly 3 hours'' the Altmer replied rudely.

Joncis picked up his things and made his way down to the harbor, he ordered 7 tickets and waited near the ship, it would set sail in an hour, so that gave him time to browse around the nearby market stalls. Endya meanwhile was checking to see who was awake, Astoph and Dro'Araaj were still in bed while Lloden was nowhere to be found ''Hurry up people, you weren't hired to sleep in!'' she barked.

Anruin had gone to the local temple. There were some people around to set up funerals of the men his group had killed. He tried his best to ignore it, but he did feel guilty. After awhile he got up and walked to the dock, meeting up with Joncis.

"So when this boat leaving?"

ruedyn:
Anruin had gone to the local temple. There were some people around to set up funerals of the men his group had killed. He tried his best to ignore it, but he did feel guilty. After awhile he got up and walked to the dock, meeting up with Joncis.

"So when this boat leaving?"

''In about 40 minutes now, I assume Endya's still getting the others out of the house?'' he said, glancing at a few spell tomes.

Josh12345:
''In about 40 minutes now, I assume Endya's still getting the others out of the house?'' he said, glancing at a few spell tomes.

"I figure we'd hear the yelling if they were dragging ass. They're probably on their way now."

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

"I figure we'd hear the yelling if they were dragging ass. They're probably on their way now."

''Hmph, knowing them they've probably found a settlement to slaughter, oh,wait, you're not there to strategize so they would probably be dead or in cages'' he said, laughing quietly to himself.
Endya took a bucket of water and poured a bit onto Astoph ''Get up! I haven't heard a peep from you but I assume you can take orders,'' she shouted, dousing the others with it, ''I'm not missing the ship just because some of you are too lazy.'' Dro'Araaj narrowly avoided the water while Urgal moved out of the way so the water only reached his arm, ''Cat, I assume you'd want to say goodbye to our host?''

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

''Hmph, knowing them they've probably found a settlement to slaughter, oh,wait, you're not there to strategize so they would probably be dead or in cages'' he said, laughing quietly to himself.
Endya took a bucket of water and poured a bit onto Astoph ''Get up! I haven't heard a peep from you but I assume you can take orders,'' she shouted, dousing the others with it, ''I'm not missing the ship just because some of you are too lazy.'' Dro'Araaj narrowly avoided the water while Urgal moved out of the way so the water only reached his arm, ''Cat, I assume you'd want to say goodbye to our host?''

"Milady..."
He gets up, draining the water from his hood
"A simple prod would have done it"

Dro'Araaj yawned and got out of bed, he had stayed up quite late studying Eraamion's notes, and was still very tired. He put on his armor and cloak, checking to make sure all his belongings were in his bag and intact, said goodbye to Eraamion, who told him to stay longer next time so they could compare notes, then set out to the docks.

Once there he wandered the market stalls, browsing the wares, he spotted the kid from the shrine extorting a shopkeeper, threatening him with his families name. Dro'Araaj waited until the kid had finished, and tripped the kid from behind, swiping the pouch of gold as he fell, muttering an apology and walking off before the kid realized what he'd done.

He met Joncis at the docks, and offered him the pouch of gold, "This ought to pay for our tickets, consider it a gift from those elves we nearly killed last night," he said, a mischevous grin on his face.

Random Fella:

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

"Milady..."

''Well I didn't know if you weren't some kind of mute... or had a silencing spell on you for a while like the orc'' she said, bringing the bucket back upstairs ''Get something to eat then head down to the harbor'' she said.

Josh12345:

Random Fella:

Josh12345:

"Milady..."

''Well I didn't know if you weren't some kind of mute... or had a silencing spell on you for a while like the orc'' she said, bringing the bucket back upstairs ''Get something to eat then head down to the harbor'' she said.

"Of course, Mi'lady"
He said in a quite unpleased tone, grabbing a loaf before exiting toward the harbor.

[Capatcha = need a bigger boat... I think it's a sign xD]

Josh12345:

"Hmph... So I got the money from the shrine bounty, and it should cover expenses for a bit, but shouldn't we start using Blade or my guilds' safehouses? It's certainly cheaper and safer."

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

"Hmph... So I got the money from the shrine bounty, and it should cover expenses for a bit, but shouldn't we start using Blade or my guilds' safehouses? It's certainly cheaper and safer."

''Enthir's the one to talk to about that, I'm not a Blade'' he said quickly, ''ah, Astoph, did you see what happened to Belkin?, after you all escaped the shipwreak, Belkin wasn't with you, I didn't see a body or anything'' he said, hoping to find an answer.

Josh12345:
snip

Anruin sighed at the sudden change of subject, but turned to Astoph and listened.

Joncis looked up at the clock ''it leaves in 20 minutes, I'm heading up there, anyone else coming?'' he asked, handing Astoph and anruin their tickets, then moving up on deck on the ship.
Endya was now ready to leave, while the others were eating or going through their things. She looked out towards the north and could see Cloudrest, barely visible and perched on a mountain, but easily the highest mountain in Alinor, home.

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

''Enthir's the one to talk to about that, I'm not a Blade'' he said quickly, ''ah, Astoph, did you see what happened to Belkin?, after you all escaped the shipwreak, Belkin wasn't with you, I didn't see a body or anything'' he said, hoping to find an answer.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
snip

Anruin sighed at the sudden change of subject, but turned to Astoph and listened.

Astoph turns to Joncis
"I saw him walking away half way through that, either he couldn't handle it, or had something else he needed to do, but I'm not entirely sure."
He answers, scratching his chin

Random Fella:

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
snip

Astoph turns to Joncis
"I saw him walking away half way through that, either he couldn't handle it, or had something else he needed to do, but I'm not entirely sure."
He answers, scratching his chin

''I don't know, maybe getting murdered by bandits isn't high on his priority list, but Enthir's going to be mad, us losing someone already, but he has about 7 more with him so we should be fine'' he said assuringly.

Endya, Urgal and Lloden set off down the hill, saying goodbye to Eraamion, she met up with Joncis and the others ''10 minutes, we should head onto the boat'' Joncis nodded, passed her a ticket and they made their way onto the ship, with Urgal following behind them.

Josh12345:
''I don't know, maybe getting murdered by bandits isn't high on his priority list, but Enthir's going to be mad, us losing someone already, but he has about 7 more with him so we should be fine'' he said assuringly.

"He can't blame you, you weren't even there when he disappeared," Dro'Araaj yawned again, and started to board the ship "This one is going to find somewhere to sleep on the ship, wake me if we get attacked by pirates or sea serpents or something."

The way things had been going it would be a pleasant surprise if their ship wasn't attacked by something, hopefully he could sleep enough to be well rested by the time they reached Elsweyr.

IFS:

Josh12345:

"He can't blame you, you weren't even there when he disappeared," Dro'Araaj yawned again, and started to board the ship "This one is going to find somewhere to sleep on the ship, wake me if we get attacked by pirates or sea serpents or something."

The way things had been going it would be a pleasant surprise if their ship wasn't attacked by something, hopefully he could sleep enough to be well rested by the time they reached Elsweyr.

''Ok, I'll join you, I haven't slept at all since I was on the last ship, it's Endya's shift now'' he said with a grin, ''Get me a room'' Endya called over, distrusting of the others that were hired.

It was morning now, and Enthir and Vargmir's ship had docked in Torval, as they got off, Enthir looked around to see the city, outside of it was a dense rainforest and running through Torval were several tributaries that led into the Xylo river. All forms of Khajiit were there, in the marketplace were Alfiq and Senches moving around, and outside of the Mane's Palace were several Pahmer guards, Enthir at first mistook some of them for a few for lions or housecats but in fact many were rarely seen outside of Elsweyr ''Alright, Endya should be around here somewhere, probably the shops''

Joncis' ship just pulled in, to him the weather was hot and humid, ''I'm actually starting to miss High Rock weather'' he said, taking off a layer of his robes, as well as the sleeves of his shirt, they weren't enchanted and they weren't doing him any good ''Suck it up, it's a rainforest.'' Endya said, looking around, the others following closely behind her off the boat. Joncis spotted Enthir in the shopping district, he almost tripped over an Alfiq to get to him ''Enthir?!'' he shouted, grabbing his attention, ''What did I miss? You weren't in Falinesti, by the way that woman has TERRIBLE housekeepers'' Enthir said, seeing Endya in the distance, the two shook hands and got back up to speed ''Where's the rest of your group? The Breton said you had recruited over a dozen people but all I see is a burly Nord'' she said accusingly ''Oh, Enthir? Belkin deserted, sorry'' Joncis said jumping in. ''Well that made what I'm about to say much easier, Arenthia..... burned down, Thalmor did it, only me and Vargmir got out and the Vampire tried to kill me'' he blurted out ''Wait you recruited a vampire?'' Endya asked, ''Don't be like that, the nord's a Lycanthrope, well, WAS, anyway, aside from one of the Argonians high-tailing it north everyone else is dead, I think that was the Thalmor's strategy to clear away the northern forest, that way the Imperials can't just sneak in without getting more holes in them than cheese''

Joncis left them and wandered the marketplace, he heard a Bosmer and Khajiit talking ''Be careful Tserat, don't get killed out there,'' the khajiit said, ''Don't be like that, this will be over soon'' What were they talking about? ''Is there any conflicts I should know about?'' he asked a Senche that was selling vegetables ''You're slow, 2 nights ago we took back Alabastar, what you men would call 'Leyawiin', but we lost Rimmen in the process, the lizards have lost Gideon and the Redguards are trying to hold onto Rihad, basically, who isn't at war?'' Joncis was shocked at this, how long was he on the boat? ''..and you don't seem to care?'' he asked, the tiger-shaped cat laughed a bit ''We Pellitines look out for our own, as long as no one burns our skooma plantations or bombs Senchal I couldn't care less.'' he said.

Dro'Araaj walked off into the market place, looking for some of his old contacts. He soon located one of them, an Ohmes-Raht named Vasha, they spoke in the khajiit language, Ta'agra, in hushed voices so that others could not listen in.

"Araaj? you have been away for many years, this one would have thought you dead, were it not for the letters you send," Vasha said.

"Have you been getting them to Dro'Araaj's family?" Araaj replied, "Do you have any news from them?"

"Vasha has delivered the letters, as promised, your family is doing well, your son has been making a name for himself as a respected merchant, he is on business in Senchal at the moment, your grandson M'Shan turns three in a few weeks and one of your daughters, the Alfiq, you must forgive Vasha he cannot remember her name, has found work as a mage working for the dominion as a healer," Vasha dug through some papers as he said this, eventually finding the one he was looking for and handing the scroll to Araaj "Here, from your son."

Dro'Araaj digested all this, smiling with pride at the news of his family, packing the scroll away to read later, then spoke "Thank you Vasha, her name is S'jirra, This one would ask that you make sure she is safe from the fighting."

"Of course, but you have other concerns my friend, some hunters were asking about you just a week ago, an orc and an argonian, the argonian never said a word but he terrified this one, and they hired some help, a few bosmer mercenaries, Vasha told them you weren't here but this one doesn't think they've left the city yet, how long do you intend to stay?"

"Not long, this one is here as part of a job," Dro'Araaj replied.

"If you need transport then some of your son's company are in the city, Vasha is sure they could lend you some of the Senche they employ."

Dro'Araaj nodded, he would have to discuss this with Joncis and Enthir, steeds would make their journey much easier. He counted out a number of coins and handed them to Vasha, as well as a few scrolls addressed to his children "Thank you Vasha, can this one trust you to deliver these?"

Vasha pocketed the coins and placed the scrolls in his bag with the other papers "Always, what sort of courier would Vasha be if he failed to deliver a message, but be careful Araaj, those hunters are looking for you."

Dro'Araaj nodded and walked on throught the market, stopping at a few stalls to purchase more traditional Khajiit clothing, a braided shawl of many colors, and to stock up on ingredients. Mostly he wandered the city, taking in the sights and smells of his homeland.

Anruin walked off the boat and stretched. He felt his chin and noticed his stubble was coming back. He let out a small smile. He liked his old beard, but had to shave it off due to work.

He walked to the bounty board for some extra money,

'Okay what do we have here. Rat slaying? Pfft, that's for new guys. Bandits? I feel I've pissed off more than enough of those. 10 wolf teeth? Who the hell wants that? And why so specific?' Anruin scratched his head, nothing for his line of work. He sighed, and decided to go to the local guild hall.

When he arrived he saw it was in its' usual form, gothic and unwelcoming. He did look favorably on his 2 years spent here however. 'Ah, so many vampire dens, so little time.' He took a deep breath and walked inside.

He was welcomed by a robed altmer, whom he recognised, "Yakov? You're still alive?" He smiled warmly, "Yes, surprisingly. Though if I remember correctly, you were the one who couldn't handle that werewolf."

"One time." Anruins smile faded, "He isn't here right?" As Yukov was about to answer, a redguard whose height was of Vargmir-ian proportions with ebony armor and a blade of silver walked in, and eyed Anruin. "Half-brother. I see your sword is missing" Anruin looked around uncomfortably

"I was captured awhile ago, they took my sword."

"And the backup silver?"

"The Blacksmith messed up."

The redguard sighed and applied his palm to his face. "Go get a training blade from the armory. I'm going to see if you still have any skill." Anruin gulped as the redguard left.

"Avik still upset over you leaving huh?" Yukov sighed. "I assume you remember where the armory is?" Anruin quietly walked in its direction.

Lloden strolled through the streets. Torval. Hm. He had only been here once, but he still remembered the place. It would be hard not to.
He listened to the gossip in the market, and grimaced. So it goes. He stepped into a tavern and knocked back a few glasses of flin. It was poor stuff, for peasants running from Morrowind, but it was the only drink without moonsugar the tavern sold.

Enthir and Endya moved towards the tavern, talking to each other ''Were these all the scrolls in the Imperial Library?'' Endya asked. ''They were the only ones I could get, the Tharn Family and Mannimarco probably would have found out about their absence by now, Though with the war starting they'd have to push through half of Elsweyr to get to us. Right now our biggest concern is the Dominion.''

SamtheDeathclaw:
Lloden strolled through the streets. Torval. Hm. He had only been here once, but he still remembered the place. It would be hard not to.
He listened to the gossip in the market, and grimaced. So it goes. He stepped into a tavern and knocked back a few glasses of flin. It was poor stuff, for peasants running from Morrowind, but it was the only drink without moonsugar the tavern sold.

''Oh, Enthir, You probably didn't know but Lloden and I have past history, was this your idea of a joke?'' she said, while ordering 2 mugs of brandy, the Tojay at the counter was perplexed, Skooma tended to be the default drink there. ''Believe me if I intended it to be a joke it would have been someone you actually knew, also when the Khajiit and Bosmer get in I would like a word with the 3 of you'' Lloden looked up, pointing at himself ''Not you, with Endya.''

IFS:
Dro'Araaj walked off into the market place, looking for some of his old contacts. He soon located one of them, an Ohmes-Raht named Vasha, they spoke in the khajiit language, Ta'agra, in hushed voices so that others could not listen in.

"Araaj? you have been away for many years, this one would have thought you dead, were it not for the letters you send," Vasha said.

"Have you been getting them to Dro'Araaj's family?" Araaj replied, "Do you have any news from them?"

"Vasha has delivered the letters, as promised, your family is doing well, your son has been making a name for himself as a respected merchant, he is on business in Senchal at the moment, your grandson M'Shan turns three in a few weeks and one of your daughters, the Alfiq, you must forgive Vasha he cannot remember her name, has found work as a mage working for the dominion as a healer," Vasha dug through some papers as he said this, eventually finding the one he was looking for and handing the scroll to Araaj "Here, from your son."

Dro'Araaj digested all this, smiling with pride at the news of his family, packing the scroll away to read later, then spoke "Thank you Vasha, her name is S'jirra, This one would ask that you make sure she is safe from the fighting."

"Of course, but you have other concerns my friend, some hunters were asking about you just a week ago, an orc and an argonian, the argonian never said a word but he terrified this one, and they hired some help, a few bosmer mercenaries, Vasha told them you weren't here but this one doesn't think they've left the city yet, how long do you intend to stay?"

"Not long, this one is here as part of a job," Dro'Araaj replied.

"If you need transport then some of your son's company are in the city, Vasha is sure they could lend you some of the Senche they employ."

Dro'Araaj nodded, he would have to discuss this with Joncis and Enthir, steeds would make their journey much easier. He counted out a number of coins and handed them to Vasha, as well as a few scrolls addressed to his children "Thank you Vasha, can this one trust you to deliver these?"

Vasha pocketed the coins and placed the scrolls in his bag with the other papers "Always, what sort of courier would Vasha be if he failed to deliver a message, but be careful Araaj, those hunters are looking for you."

Dro'Araaj nodded and walked on throught the market, stopping at a few stalls to purchase more traditional Khajiit clothing, a braided shawl of many colors, and to stock up on ingredients. Mostly he wandered the city, taking in the sights and smells of his homeland.

Joncis caught up with Dro'Araaj, telling him about the war ''Do you have any friends or family in Riverhold or Rimmen?'' Dro'Araaj stared back at him, no answer ''Well they are under Imperial control, you got back Leyawiin though, that's good'' he tried to keep his speaking positive, but when is it ever when taking about a war? ''Alright, here's the story, Arenthia was burned down shortly after we left, apparently it was part-Thalmor Blade hunting and part War prep, Aside from one of the Argonians(who is no longer with us), Enthir and Vargmir, everyone died, Belkin left us literally the day the war started so that's in no way suspicious, Anequina's being steamrolled and Dune is barely holding, Rihad in Hammerfell is under siege, Skyrim and Morrowind so far are untouched and Gideon in Black Marsh has been conquered. Massive mouthful I know, but As well as that Enthir wants to meet you in the tavern along with Anruin.'' He said, catching his breath then beginning to walk with him.

Josh12345:
Joncis caught up with Dro'Araaj, telling him about the war ''Do you have any friends or family in Riverhold or Rimmen?'' Dro'Araaj stared back at him, no answer ''Well they are under Imperial control, you got back Leyawiin though, that's good'' he tried to keep his speaking positive, but when is it ever when taking about a war? ''Alright, here's the story, Arenthia was burned down shortly after we left, apparently it was part-Thalmor Blade hunting and part War prep, Aside from one of the Argonians(who is no longer with us), Enthir and Vargmir, everyone died, Belkin left us literally the day the war started so that's in no way suspicious, Anequina's being steamrolled and Dune is barely holding, Rihad in Hammerfell is under siege, Skyrim and Morrowind so far are untouched and Gideon is Black Marsh has been conquered. Massive mouthful I know, but As well as that Enthir wants to meet you in the tavern along with Anruin.'' He said, catching his breath then beginning to walk with him.

Dro'Araaj sighed, Vasha hadn't said where S'jirra was working as a healer, just that she was working for the dominion, and he knew one of his other daughters, S'thasa, lived in Riverhold. He felt pangs of guilt and worry, as to what might happen or had already happened. He tried not to let his worry show on his face, and pushed the thoughts from his mind, nothing I can do, no point in worrying .

"Which tavern, the one by the docks? Dro'Araaj will meet him there," he said to Joncis, he glanced around, and spotted a bosmer in the crowd, who seemed to be staring at him. The bosmer turned and darted off through the crowd, Dro'Araaj pulled up his hood, covering more of his face.

"We might have other problems while we are here, a contact of mine warned me about some hunters in the city."

IFS:

Josh12345:
Joncis caught up with Dro'Araaj, telling him about the war ''Do you have any friends or family in Riverhold or Rimmen?'' Dro'Araaj stared back at him, no answer ''Well they are under Imperial control, you got back Leyawiin though, that's good'' he tried to keep his speaking positive, but when is it ever when taking about a war? ''Alright, here's the story, Arenthia was burned down shortly after we left, apparently it was part-Thalmor Blade hunting and part War prep, Aside from one of the Argonians(who is no longer with us), Enthir and Vargmir, everyone died, Belkin left us literally the day the war started so that's in no way suspicious, Anequina's being steamrolled and Dune is barely holding, Rihad in Hammerfell is under siege, Skyrim and Morrowind so far are untouched and Gideon is Black Marsh has been conquered. Massive mouthful I know, but As well as that Enthir wants to meet you in the tavern along with Anruin.'' He said, catching his breath then beginning to walk with him.

Dro'Araaj sighed, Vasha hadn't said where S'jirra was working as a healer, just that she was working for the dominion, and he knew one of his other daughters, S'thasa, lived in Riverhold. He felt pangs of guilt and worry, as to what might happen or had already happened. He tried not to let his worry show on his face, and pushed the thoughts from his mind, nothing I can do, no point in worrying .

"Which tavern, the one by the docks? Dro'Araaj will meet him there," he said to Joncis, he glanced around, and spotted a bosmer in the crowd, who seemed to be staring at him. The bosmer turned and darted off through the crowd, Dro'Araaj pulled up his hood, covering more of his face.

"We might have other problems while we are here, a contact of mine warned me about some hunters in the city."

Joncis followed him through the town, almost being cut off by a group of massive Senche ''Well I'm assuming we'll be gone by tomorrow, we'l have a long journey ahead of us and will probably stop in a village someplace along the way, we're heading directly north for about a day'' he said, keeping an eye out for Anruin, hoping he hasn't accepted another job.

'Block, dodge, parry, reposte.' The actions were carried out as fast as he could manage. Aviks speed always surprised him, and Yukovs' 'motivation' certainly wasn't helping. Anruin opened his mouth to yell something in the same vein as 'Shut up' but was interupted by a stab in the chest. It was at this moment that he was glad they were using wood. Yukov sighed and walked out, handing Anruin a healing potion to help with the undoubtedly bruised area.

"Best 2 of 3?" Avik gave a wry smile. Anruin sighed, "No, friends are probably waiting for me. Probably at either a tavern or a battlefield."

Yukov spoke up "There's a relatively new tavern in town, I'll take you." Before Anruin could object, Yukov started pulling him along.

When they made it there, they were probably the strangest looking pair around. Anruin was still wearing his guilds semi famous mithril armor, and Yukov was in his usual silver robes with an orange fringe, and 3 scrolls on his belt. His amulet of Arkay was the most notable part of his outfit however. His chestnut colored hair tied back in a ponytail bobbed as he moved.

"So, where are your friends?" Anruin shrugged and looked around.

ruedyn:
'Block, dodge, parry, reposte.' The actions were carried out as fast as he could manage. Aviks speed always surprised him, and Yukovs' 'motivation' certainly wasn't helping. Anruin opened his mouth to yell something in the same vein as 'Shut up' but was interupted by a stab in the chest. It was at this moment that he was glad they were using wood. Yukov sighed and walked out, handing Anruin a healing potion to help with the undoubtedly bruised area.

"Best 2 of 3?" Avik gave a wry smile. Anruin sighed, "No, friends are probably waiting for me. Probably at either a tavern or a battlefield."

Yukov spoke up "There's a relatively new tavern in town, I'll take you." Before Anruin could object, Yukov started pulling him along.

When they made it there, they were probably the strangest looking pair around. Anruin was still wearing his guilds semi famous mithril armor, and Yukov was in his usual silver robes with an orange fringe, and 3 scrolls on his belt. His amulet of Arkay was the most notable part of his outfit however. His chestnut colored hair tied back in a ponytail bobbed as he moved.

"So, where are your friends?" Anruin shrugged and looked around.

Endya saw him and called over ''over here'' the two of them took a seat and ordered drinks, Enthir said ''When you have the time, I want to talk with you, Dro'Araaj and Endya'', taking a drink, ''We should be leaving tomorrow, and I assume you know about the war? If you don't Joncis can fill you in''

Enthir saw Anruin and Dro'Araaj sit around the table and explained ''Listen, war has officially broken out, and over half of the group are races from an 'enemy' army, myself and Joncis included, Elsweyr may have only joined the Dominion because the didn't want to get picked off by the Imperials so easily-- and look how well the north of their province is doing anyway but, well, for anything official like getting into towns or onto ships we'll need you 3 to take charge'' Endya, Anruin and Dro'Araaj looked at one another ''Enthir, is this really necessary? I could probably do it on my ow-'' ''Endya, you do realise you were arrested by Dominion forces in Valenwood remember? chances are you aren't off the records yet, besides Dro'Araaj would be best suited, it's his homeland anyway''Joncis looked over and explained quietly ''and at least Anruin will be useful if neither of you are around.'' Enthir nodded and continued ''Basically we could be arrested on suspicion because we are men, so pretending you 3 are in charge, at least while we are in cities, would probably be for the best''. he finished, drinking from his cup.

Yukov looked at Anruin.

"No, you aren't coming."

"Oh come on, your leader just said you need guys who can pass for Dominion. Altmers like me are obviously calling the shots, having one of them that happens to be a priest is like having the damned skeleton key!" Anruin sighed,

"We're having trouble with funds as is, more people would just make it more difficult. Besides, you're this chapters healer, you're needed here."

Yukov leaned in weary of the others, "We both know everyone in our guild is a mage, they could just give someone else the antidote and, boom! new healer." The Altmer re joined the group,

"Mind if I come along, at least to the next town? Besides, we have reports of hunters in the area and our guild is familiar with their tactics. Having one of us could save you a few dead mercs."

ruedyn:
Yukov looked at Anruin.

"No, you aren't coming."

"Oh come on, your leader just said you need guys who can pass for Dominion. Altmers like me are obviously calling the shots, having one of them that happens to be a priest is like having the damned skeleton key!" Anruin sighed,

"We're having trouble with funds as is, more people would just make it more difficult. Besides, you're this chapters healer, you're needed here."

Yukov leaned in weary of the others, "We both know everyone in our guild is a mage, they could just give someone else the antidote and, boom! new healer." The Altmer re joined the group,

"Mind if I come along, at least to the next town? Besides, we have reports of hunters in the area and our guild is familiar with their tactics. Having one of us could save you a few dead mercs."

"Hunters, followers of hircine?" Dro'Araaj said "Do you know where they are staying?"

He didn't like fighting hunters, but he liked them following him even less, and he would rather ambush them than be ambushed by them.

IFS:
"Hunters, followers of hircine?" Dro'Araaj said "Do you know where they are staying?"

He didn't like fighting hunters, but he liked them following him even less, and he would rather ambush them than be ambushed by them.

Yukov spoke up, "Yes, they're at a shack down the road out of town. Our guild tends to leave them alone due to wildlife population, but judging by your necklace I'd say they're after you this time?"

ruedyn:

IFS:

Yukov spoke up, "Yes, they're at a shack down the road out of town. Our guild tends to leave them alone due to wildlife population, but judging by your necklace I'd say they're after you this time?"

"Has the tale spread that far?" He replied, standing up, and grabbing his staff, "This one will return shortly, he has some hunting of his own to do, if any of you wish to join you are more than welcome to."

With that he began to walk towards the door, when he reached it he glanced back to see if anyone was going to follow him. According to Vasha there were two hunters and a few mercenaries, nothing he couldn't handle, though he would like to even the numbers a little.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here