Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 40 NEXT

saluraropicrusa:

Thee Lost One:
Idreon slapped one of his clawed hands on Jocis' shoulder once to get his attention.

" Before we leave, Am I to Protect just you and the package, or am I expected to look out for the entirety of our group? One is notably easier than the other, but I will do as the job dictates." Idreon began reassessing everyone now that he could see them under the sun.

" At least 'Urgal' looks like he can stand up if someone else gets close to you, and the elf in glass can probably take a few blows for you as well now that I get a good look at him..."

Bites-Her-Tail abandoned her attempts to eat her stale cheese, instead trying to make herself look taller next to Idreon.

"Bites-Her-Tail can defend," she said, gesturing to herself with one thumb. "Bite and claw and stab and keep safe!"

Dro'Araaj chimed in alongside Bites-her-tail
"Dro'Araaj suspects that we are all more capable than you judge us, else why would we be so carefully sought out for this task."

Idreon whirls his head to face the Khaajit and narrowed one eye at him.

" My judgement of the lot of you is incomplete... Only an idiot would set his opinion of others in stone within the first few moments of meeting another... though yes, I am so far unimpressed for the most part..."

He tilted his head toward Bites-Her-Tail " Her being a good example... but you are right... I doubt someone who would seek me out would also hire incompetents..."

He honestly hoped the Khaajit's words would be proven right concerning the others, otherwise he was looking to a long hard job... with a substantial payout at least.

Thee Lost One:
Idreon whirls his head to face the Khaajit and narrowed one eye at him.

" My judgement of the lot of you is incomplete... Only an idiot would set his opinion of others in stone within the first few moments of meeting another... though yes, I am so far unimpressed for the most part..."

He tilted his head toward Bites-Her-Tail " Her being a good example... but you are right... I doubt someone who would seek me out would also hire incompetents..."

He honestly hoped the Khaajit's words would be proven right concerning the others, otherwise he was looking to a long hard job... with a substantial payout at least.

"Bites-Her-Tail once fought a whole camp of orcs! Only one to survive. Not even the horses made it." She seemed to become lost in thought after saying this, occasionally bobbing her head or swaying slightly from side to side.

Thee Lost One:
Idreon slapped one of his clawed hands on Jocis' shoulder once to get his attention.

" Before we leave, Am I to Protect just you and the package, or am I expected to look out for the entirety of our group? One is notably easier than the other, but I will do as the job dictates." Idreon began reassessing everyone now that he could see them under the sun.

" At least 'Urgal' looks like he can stand up if someone else gets close to you, and the elf in glass can probably take a few blows for you as well now that I get a good look at him..."

''Firstly, take your claw off right now, these are just robes and if you did that any tighter I would have 3 holes where my shoulder was'' Joncis brushed Idreon's claw off of him ''We will work as a group to protect the package, but if things go to shit, get the package, and possibly myself, to safety, let's just say a group of Bandits would be some of the last people who should get their hands on these artifacts, and I can handle myself, the reason the group was hired is because entire military garrisons could be after us if they knew what these artifacts could be used for, and no, they aren't Daedric, at least I don't think''

''artifac-'' Idreon inquired, Joncis interrupts ''Stop, I've said too much''

The group reached a large patch of grass, with Skingrad's skyline within view,
''Everyone stop, we set up camp here'' Joncis dropped his bag and within 30 seconds summoned a Frost Atronach, got to work on the surrounding trees using flame spells, and used his atronach to move the branches into the area to form 3 walls.
''There, I'll put a blanket over to serve as a roof, this should fit at least 4 people''

''should we keep lookouts?'' Anruin asked quickly, ''no, we're literally 5 minutes from Skingrad, and any bandits or mercenaries that would do us harm have been drafted into what's left of the Cyrodiil army''

''I'm keeping watch anyway'' said Anruin, ''I will too'' Enthir interrupts.

mcpop9:

The Rookie Gamer:
snip

"This is the first time in a very long time that i'v talked to anyone over more than a kill or delivery." She said to him. " Most stay away from me because i look sickly." the dunmer admitted.

"Well, there will be plenty more talking along the way. Maybe we could talk with the others, and see what they're like. But that Argonian in the cloak worries me. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side," Dresden replied.

"Also, just my thoughts: you look far from sickly."

Thee Lost One:

"Hey, Lloden. 5 septims he doesn't last more than 2 weeks."

Derek_the_Dodo:
Urgal shifted out of his seat. No harm in speaking to some of his fellow hired "muscle" He thought, and spoke to the imperial dressed in expensive looking armour with a crest that he recognised.

"I once did a job for the man who forged that coat of arms on his work. He was a good man. I hope you realise what a privilege it is to bear such a crest and bring it the honour that it deserves."

Belkin turned to the Orc, a surprised look on his face. "Wow, really?!...Its just, Dunmer, Bosmer, even Nord, they've all said good graces about my family's work, but a Orc? You guys are naturally born fighters, you've mastered a set of arms and armor in your name, you even have your own Daedric lord for Mara's sake! We really stack up to you guys?" he said, a mixture of Awe and amazement that even an Orc would say that.....maybe that need to be a better Blacksmith was more genetic than he thought!

ruedyn:

"Make it ten and you're on. Even though I'm sure I'll lose. But hopefully we can get a laugh out of him beforehand."

"If you have no worry of bandits, I wonder why you hired a small army of mercs to guard this package." Mazak said to Idreon. Before the man could respond he was already leaving his company, a small cloud of suspicion hanging around him as his curiosity for the package began to increase. "I did not bring much food for this journey, so I will be hunting if there is any trouble." Mazak slipped into the woods, his bow strung and a vial of poison ready for any prey he might find.

SPARTANXIII:

Derek_the_Dodo:
Urgal shifted out of his seat. No harm in speaking to some of his fellow hired "muscle" He thought, and spoke to the imperial dressed in expensive looking armour with a crest that he recognised.

"I once did a job for the man who forged that coat of arms on his work. He was a good man. I hope you realise what a privilege it is to bear such a crest and bring it the honour that it deserves."

Belkin turned to the Orc, a surprised look on his face. "Wow, really?!...Its just, Dunmer, Bosmer, even Nord, they've all said good graces about my family's work, but a Orc? You guys are naturally born fighters, you've mastered a set of arms and armor in your name, you even have your own Daedric lord for Mara's sake! We really stack up to you guys?" he said, a mixture of Awe and amazement that even an Orc would say that.....maybe that need to be a better Blacksmith was more genetic than he thought!

''Not all Orcs are battle crazed warriors'' said Joncis, putting the finishing touches on his makeshift shack, ''My mother studied Restoration with an Orc once, nice woman, but no one was going to trust her to babysit a toddler if you know what I mean''

The Rookie Gamer:
snip

Luna looked around, noticing everyone else was preoccupied with their own conversations. She took down her hood, revealing long black hair and skin, paler than most dunmer. She managed to control the pain from the light hitting her skin. "How about now?" she asked him.

UPDATE: People we really should wrap this up soon, I've been setting up camp here for nearly 20 minutes.

A Gent of Villainous Intent:
"If you have no worry of bandits, I wonder why you hired a small army of mercs to guard this package." Mazak said to Idreon. Before the man could respond he was already leaving his company, a small cloud of suspicion hanging around him as his curiosity for the package began to increase. "I did not bring much food for this journey, so I will be hunting if there is any trouble." Mazak slipped into the woods, his bow strung and a vial of poison ready for any prey he might find.

"This one will join you," Dro'Araaj said walking after Mazak, glancing back nervously at the atronarchs. "perhaps we may stumble on some interesting ingredients."

mcpop9:

The Rookie Gamer:
snip

Luna looked around, noticing everyone else was preoccupied with their own conversations. She took down her hood, revealing long black hair and skin, paler than most dunmer. She managed to control the pain from the light hitting her skin. "How about now?" she asked him.

''Light? What light are you worried about my dear? only 1 of the moons is out tonight'' Enthir said in a hushed tone ''And yes, I know about your little 'secret' so does Joncis, don't even think about slitting our throats in the night because when the Blades get word of that you'll be hunted day and night all across Nirn''

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"Make it ten and you're on. Even though I'm sure I'll lose. But hopefully we can get a laugh out of him beforehand."

"Ha, bet he'll fall on his own claw, you want in on this Enthir?" He says turning around, noticing Luna. 'Pale skin red eyes. Another one I'll have to watch'

Josh12345:
''Not all Orcs are battle crazed warriors'' said Joncis, putting the finishing touches on his makeshift shack, ''My mother studied Restoration with an Orc once, nice woman, but no one was going to trust her to babysit a toddler if you know what I mean''

Belkin responded in kind, all the while pitching his tent. "I know, I know, but...you hear about how Orc's are both well known fighters and excellent craftsmen. To hear that my family crest gets a lot of honour FROM AN ORC.....that holds weight for me. I knew we were good, but THAT good?"

Lloden stood and strung his bow. "I'm going to hunt." he announced to no one in particular, and strode off in the opposite direction as Mazak.

Josh12345:
''Firstly, take your claw off right now, these are just robes and if you did that any tighter I would have 3 holes where my shoulder was'' Joncis brushed Idreon's claw off of him ''We will work as a group to protect the package, but if things go to shit, get the package, and possibly myself, to safety, let's just say a group of Bandits would be some of the last people who should get their hands on these artifacts''

''artifac-'' Idreon inquired, Joncis interrupts ''Stop, I've said too much''

The group reached a large patch of grass, with Skingrad's skyline within view,
''Everyone stop, we set up camp here'' Joncis dropped his bag and within 30 seconds summoned a Frost Atronach, got to work on the surrounding trees using flame spells, and used his atronach to move the branches into the area to form 3 walls.
''There, I'll put a blanket over to serve as a roof, this should fit at least 4 people''

''should we keep lookouts?'' Anruin asked quickly, ''no, we're literally 5 minutes from Skingrad, and any bandits or mercenaries that would do us harm have been drafted into what's left of the Cyrodiil army''

''I'm keeping watch anyway'' said Anruin, ''I will too'' Enthir interrupts.

Watches the atronach and spell throwers set up the camping lodge quickly, stopping his assessment of everything only long enough to stair at Bites-Her-Tail after her somewhat outlandish claim.

" ... That's... Hmm..." ' Crazy ones aren't always obviously dangerous afterall.' he thought to himself, recalling one memorable hit involving an altmer living under one village in a set of old troll caves.

The Boss's orders though concerning package did peak his interest in the contents, but he was a professional. Not his place to push for that information more, and that one slip was almost instinctive but shameful.

" Idreon is my name, call me if anyone needs me, I'm going to see what I can see from the few tree's still climbable."

Ignoring what few judgements other were making of him that he heard the fleeting shades of, he leapt onto the trunk of the nearest tree and quickly clambered up it, resting along one of the upper branches as he surveyed what he could from above. Even the most eagle eyed archers need spotters from time to time.

Urgal was restless. He hadn't expected to set up camp so soon and was itching for a fight or something. He hadn't left the imperial city for months save for wrestling a couple of slaughterfish on the banks of the Rumare. Urgal got the feeling that the team had needed to be put together sooner rather than later and the contents of package itself Urgal had no clue about. Asking questions wasn't a great love of his. As long as he got paid he couldn't care less if he was delivering black soul gems, it wasn't him who was responsible at the end of the day. But still, he just knew that this was the calm before the storm. That someone was hiding in the shadows nocking an arrow.

He got up and walked out of camp a mace in each hand. So long as he could find a pack of wolves or something to test his mettle against he was content.

Belkin finished pitching his tent, calling out "Night guys" to no-one in particular before getting in and sleeping for the night.

Derek_the_Dodo:
Urgal was restless. He hadn't expected to set up camp so soon and was itching for a fight or something. He hadn't left the imperial city for months save for wrestling a couple of slaughterfish on the banks of the Rumare. Urgal got the feeling that the team had needed to be put together sooner rather than later and the contents of package itself Urgal had no clue about. Asking questions wasn't a great love of his. As long as he got paid he couldn't care less if he was delivering black soul gems, it wasn't him who was responsible at the end of the day. But still, he just knew that this was the calm before the storm. That someone was hiding in the shadows nocking an arrow.

He got up and walked out of camp a mace in each hand. So long as he could find a pack of wolves or something to test his mettle against he was content.

Bites-Her-Tail had been sitting quietly, but as soon as the lone Orc of the group started away from the camp, she scampered after him.

"Oh, oh, such pretty maces," she said excitedly, trotting along beside him. "Seen a lot of blood, she thinks." She looked up at him and grinned, eager now to see the weapons in action.

saluraropicrusa:

Derek_the_Dodo:

Bites-Her-Tail had been sitting quietly, but as soon as the lone Orc of the group started away from the camp, she scampered after him.

"Oh, oh, such pretty maces," she said excitedly, trotting along beside him. "Seen a lot of blood, she thinks." She looked up at him and grinned, eager now to see the weapons in action.

Anruin notices the two leaving, but decides to leave them be. 'Welp, better make myself comfortable. Going to be here for awhile' he thinks to himself.

mcpop9:
snip

"You seem a bit pale. It looks nice, some variety in our race. By the way, what was Enthir talking to you about?" Dresden queried.

ruedyn:

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"Ha, bet he'll fall on his own claw, you want in on this Enthir?" He says turning around, noticing Luna. 'Pale skin red eyes. Another one I'll have to watch'

Enthir turned to him ''hmm, the Breton hasn't a clue what he's getting himself into, but I knew his uncle so hopefully he doesn't die too soon, Joncis is a survivor, he'll fight when he needs to but he'll know when to cut your loses, and the Nord, Vargmir, well he didn't show up but I've been tracking him for a while, he wouldn't die without a dozen other bodies surrounding his corpse first ''

Urgal stopped briefly hearing some small praise.

SPARTANXIII:
To hear that my family crest gets a lot of honour FROM AN ORC.....that holds weight for me. I knew we were good, but THAT good?"

"I said your father. You I'm yet to see if your ability matches your name." Urgal smirked an Orcish smirk.

"Obviously he's nothing on an orc smith. but that goes without saying."

saluraropicrusa:

"How about you go on ahead over there and flush out some fox or such for me huh? I'd really appreciate it Bitey. I'm heading in that direction to uh... get the higher ground and... get the advantage on them."

Bites-Her-Tail bobbed her head, and scampered off into the brush without hesitation. After a moment there was the sound of a struggle, and the panicked sounds of a deer. It burst out of the brush with the diminutive Argonian clutching onto its back, clinging almost desperately as the animal bucked to try and get her off.

"Better than a fox! Hurry!"

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

SamtheDeathclaw:

Enthir turned to him ''hmm, the Breton hasn't a clue what he's getting himself into, but I knew his uncle so hopefully he doesn't die too soon, Joncis is a survivor, he'll fight when he needs to but he'll know when to cut your loses, and the Nord, Vargmir, well he didn't show up but I've been tracking him for a while, he wouldn't die without a dozen other bodies surrounding his corpse first ''

"Sorry, spaced out for a minute. I was speaking of the argonian, Idreon. As for the nord, sounds like a tough bastard. Can't wait to meet him. And that breton, I'll admit I wouldn't miss him. Magic always brings trouble."

The Orc laughed.

As much as he tried to keep a straight face and take his work seriously he couldnt help be amused by this mad lizard riding a deer into the distance shouting "YEE HAW!" every so often.

Well I was planning on accidently "losing" her, but I suppose she has her uses. thought Urgal as he strode through the forest after her secretly wishing the noise would draw out a bear to kill.

Derek_the_Dodo:
The Orc laughed.

As much as he tried to keep a straight face and take his work seriously he couldnt help be amused by this mad lizard riding a deer into the distance shouting "YEE HAW!" every so often.

Well I was planning on accidently "losing" her, but I suppose she has her uses. thought Urgal as he strode through the forest after her secretly wishing the noise would draw out a bear to kill.

The joy-ride was flushing out all sorts of fauna, with the wild movements of the buck and its noises, as well as the Argonian's shouts. Eventually though, the deer ran out of energy, and collapsed under her. She seemed somewhat disappointed, standing atop it, blood on her claws. She turned to see if she could spot Urgal.

"Almost dead! Good food for all!"

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

"Sorry, spaced out for a minute. I was speaking of the argonian, Idreon. As for the nord, sounds like a tough bastard. Can't wait to meet him. And that breton, I'll admit I wouldn't miss him. Magic always brings trouble."

''Which Breton?, Joncis or Glass Armor Mcgee?'' asked Enthir ''I had 3 other Bretons lined up and I couldn't tell any apart from the bios I could collect'',

''Hey could you keep it down, I don't want to have to fight off the wildlife'' Joncis shouted from his bed, ''Well, that'll do me, g'night everyone'' Enthir turned to leave ''Hold on, weren't you going to keep watch with us?'' Anruin said
Enthir turned and chuckled, ''I also said was going to visit Akivir someday, and marry an Argonian maid, like most things, I lie'', and off he went to unroll a blanket by the campfire and went to sleep.

Urgal stepped into the clearing to see a bloody grinning argonian sheogorath worshipper standing proudly above a deer... with an ogre standing proudly behind her.

Urgal reacted quickly throwing one of his maces which Bitey ducked at the very last minute, but it hit soundly in its upper torso staggering it briefly but not really doing a whole lot of damage.

Bites-Her-Tail made an odd yelping sound as she ducked the mace, whirling around shortly after to stare up at the ogre.

"Ooooohhh!" She leaped up, gripping the ogre around the head, biting and clawing at it. The beast started to flail its arms, unable to see. Each time it attempted to smack the Argonian away, she'd skitter away and it would hit itself. Bites-Her-Tail seemed to be having quite a lot of fun. The ogre, not so much.

Lloden strode back into camp a few hours later, with a pack stuffed with venison and three rabbits hanging off his belt. He sat down next to Anruin, and set to skinning, spitting and roasting them.

Everyone heard Bites-Her-Tails screeches,
''Ugh, hold on everyone'' Joncis sluggishly stood up and conjured a Flame Atronach ''Go see what that racket's about'' as the atronach nodded and glided towards the yelping, Joncis lay down and tried to sleep again.

The Rookie Gamer:
snip

"Nothing..." She said, truly scared for the first time in her life. with this many people to guard the items, they had to have some power.
"I guess you're right though. It might be good." Luna said. She had opened up to him and had taken a bit of liking to him. I wonder if he'll think differently than me if he ever finds out... she thought. The dunmer ignored the sounds of fight. if anything, she'd wait till everything was done with to see fit there was a meal waiting.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked