Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 40 NEXT

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Who's next?" he asked glancing around at the group.

Lloden stared at the orc for several seconds before laughing loudly.
"You were maiden gra-Balug's lug of a mate? She told me about you. I was in the city at that time, buying spellbooks for... For my wife." he choked out the last word, his laughter dying in the air. He cleared his throat. "She has a very nice selection of spells, and she has a taste for flin I would not expect from an orcish lass. It is a shame she sold off her shop, but I think you being there made her miss her fellow orsimer, as brutal and ignorant they may be." He forced a laugh again.
"As for my stories? Ah, they're all dark things. Demon curses, blood sacrifices, noble parties with fancy wines..." He smiled slightly. "Not something you'd care to hear."

SamtheDeathclaw:

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Who's next?" he asked glancing around at the group.

Lloden stared at the orc for several seconds before laughing loudly.
"You were maiden gra-Balug's lug of a mate? She told me about you. I was in the city at that time, buying spellbooks for... For my wife." he choked out the last word, his laughter dying in the air. He cleared his throat. "She has a very nice selection of spells, and she has a taste for flin I would not expect from an orcish lass. It is a shame she sold off her shop, but I think you being there made her miss her fellow orsimer, as brutal and ignorant they may be." He forced a laugh again.
"As for my stories? Ah, they're all dark things. Demon curses, blood sacrifices, noble parties with fancy wines..." He smiled slightly. "Not something you'd care to hear."

"Anyone in the whole of Tamriel who you haven't either killed, teamed up with or had a drink of flin with Lloden? I never thought that Kul-gra-Balug may have decided to return to Lankzhar Bol... I always assumed that she opened a bookshop in another city somewhere, such was her love for literature."

Lloden had retreated into himself slightly, there was obviously some memory of his wife that he had tried to bury that had been accidentally brought to the surface, stunning the battered Dunmer into staring world wearily into the canopy above, a forced smile upon his lips.

"Ooh mystery mer, be fair Lloden, I just told one of my most embarrassing stories, you have to give us something. I find it hard to believe that in your extensive travels there hasn't been a single instance where you've made a complete ass of yourself."

It was dawn now, Joncis woke up to see a few giant spider corpses littering the outskirts of the camp, ''What happened here?'' he said, getting to his feet and rolling up the blankets ''You just missed it, nothing serious'' Endya said, trying to yank a few of her daggers from one of the corpse's thick shells. Enthir was getting up too, finishing off the leg of a rabbit.
Joncis shrugged and checked to see who else was still awake, ''So should we set off?'' he said, taking some fish and roasting it over the now dwindling fire. ''Let me have something to eat before we head off.'' Endya responded, pulling out one of her daggers from the Spider's eye.

Josh12345:
It was dawn now, Joncis woke up to see a few giant spider corpses littering the outskirts of the camp, ''What happened here?'' he said, getting to his feet and rolling up the blankets ''You just missed it, nothing serious'' Endya said, trying to yank a few of her daggers from one of the corpse's thick shells. Enthir was getting up too, finishing off the leg of a rabbit.
Joncis shrugged and checked to see who else was still awake, ''So should we set off?'' he said, taking some fish and roasting it over the now dwindling fire. ''Let me have something to eat before we head off.'' Endya responded, pulling out one of her daggers from the Spider's eye.

Dro'Araaj finished packing away his blanket and walked over to see if he could salvage the spider's poison glands, he pulled out the knife he normally used to chop ingredients and soon added a couple of the glands to his ingredients bag. That finished he dug around in his bag until he found one of the pastries he had bought in Torval, he scarfed it down and walked back over to the others.

[pretend this happened during the night because I'm lazy and fell asleep]

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Ooh mystery mer, be fair Lloden, I just told one of my most embarrassing stories, you have to give us something. I find it hard to believe that in your extensive travels there hasn't been a single instance where you've made a complete ass of yourself."

"Of course! Just parts of the stories are demon-y." He laughed a little, forcing out old memories.
"I ended up buying a wagonload of skooma once. It was a lot of fun, he started."
The story continued for some time, and afterwards he decided to try and sleep.

[Back to the fuuuuuture!]
Lloden sat up. He had been awake much of the night.
Dar Do was close. Closer than he had expected. But she wouldn't strike until she felt secure. He sighed heavily, and stood up.
He munched on some jerky he couldn't remember where he had picked up and stood near the embers of the fire.

Soon after finishing off some cooked fish the group set off again along the road. The rainforest was less dense, the road was clear now and they didn't have to cut their way through. The air became drier and soon it began to stop feeling like a rainforest. Far in the distance they could see scrublands ''So what exactly happened in that house back in Torval?'' Enthir asked Lloden and Anruin.

[Flashback pink]

Anruin sat near the back of the camp listening to the stories. He decided to move in to tell his own,

"I got a story from my time as a merc." He cleared his throat and began,

"So, me and 2 other guys decided to take this job once, it was to help a farmer protect his farm from some bandits near... Whiterun in Skyrim I think. Regardless, we took this job with these two other guys from another merc band, a nord and an orc archer," He nodded at Urgal when he perked up, and continued.

"We make an agreement and head near the farm. My group got there without instance, and when we got there, the nord was unarmed and unarmored, and the orc had 3 arrows. We asked if they got robbed or anything, and they laughed, turns out the crazy bastards do crap like that all the time. They even bet us that they'd get the higher body count! Like idiots, we agreed thinking 'hey, easy money.'

"Anyways, we try to set up a trap while they go into the house and drink with the farmer, but halfway through the bandits attack! The archer, from the window, snipes down the bandit trying to threaten us into submission, then takes out the guy next to him. They get pissed and rush us, and the 4 or 5 archers start making it seem like it's raining death. The nord sprints out into the opening, and yells 'foos rah' or something, and the arrows fall back a little bit and land on the guys charging. Turns out he's an ex Graybeard.

"That leaves 3 guys for us, and as we were getting over the shock the orc rushes out, throws his arrow at the guy running at us screaming about his 'fallen comrades', takes the arrow out of him, stabs it into the next guys neck, and sweeps the legs of the last guy, stomping his head into the snow. He did that in, like, 10 seconds." Anruin chuckles,

"We spend the night at the farmers house, and when we wake up they're gone and we have to clean up the body." He looks at Urgal,

"And that's how I know your brother."

[Flashback over]

Anruin ignores Enthir's question, and continues walking out, nearly jogging when he emerges out of the woods "Oh thank god we're out of there. Enthir catches up and stands beside him,

"Can you see the city from here? I don't like camping." He pulls out a flask he got from Torval. "Want a hit?"

The forest continued to lighten and over a steep hill the group was now completely out of it and were now in a much drier climate, the occasional tree remained but the ground was now covered in dry grass, ''That was quick,'' Enthir said, ''No, it wasn't'' Joncis said back, Enthir turned to him confused, ''He's right actually, we've been walking for about 2 hours in silence, Gods, you must have a vivid imaginaton.'' Endya told him, sipping from a canister, then refilling from a the river that the road followed.

The group continued along the path, The area was becoming more arid and by midday the nearby river was more like a stream. Soon they were at a fork in the road with a signpost. To the left was just a beaten down path and read Anequina while to the right was a built road that read SHI'GARA -VILLAGE, CLOSE and CORINTHE -CITY, FAR EAST . to the left led to the Sanctuary while up ahead to the right was Shi'gara built at the base of a mountain.

''Let's stop there for food or something'' Enthir said tiredly, ''Alright, but everyone keep an eye out, Between Endya's multiple killcounts, hers and Enthir's possible bounties in Elsweyr, Urgal pissing off a crime family, Anruin's multiple crusades against daedra followers in the past and Lloden's,well...issues for all we know someone here might want us dead'' Joncis warned. ''Well if that's all we have to worry about let's just get in for a little while and then head off again tonight, don't even bother finding an inn'' Enthir said back.

The group continued forward with the path to the right.
Shi'gara was a small farming area, There was an inn and a blacksmiths on a ridge at the base of the mountain, with several farms on the right, growing moon sugar and some exotic vegetables. Near the blacksmiths were some market stalls, mostly for general goods. Some of the shops were controlled by Khajiit Caravans, as they would be one of the few ways to get fresh food or goods to the area without making them yourselves. Enthir and Joncis checked through the merchandise but nothing seemed to interest them. Endya meanwhile went to the blacksmiths. Unloaded about two dozen knives and daggers from straps and belts under her robes and told two Alfiq to sharpen them all.

Lloden stood on the hill above town. He had never been here, which was unusual. He knew the sort of place, though. Not a place Dar Do would attack. He sighed, and glanced around.
Gods take it all. I'm getting paranoid. I don't even know if she wants me dead. Accursed is the kin-killer, they say. She was always fairly devout. We'll find out.
He strolled down into the town, going through the market. He glanced at the produce, but passed it over. He needed some alcohol, but skooma was the drug of choice here.
One of the orc's remarks from the night before stuck to his mind, for some reason.
I have known so many people, but how much of an impact have I ever made? Just a drifter. Sometimes I see them again. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes they come with me, sometimes they forget me. But ultimately, have I made anyone's life definitely better? Lots of peoples' worse, but I can't think of a life I've concretely improved. He sighed. Heavy thoughts.

[Orcish Flashback]

ruedyn:

"And that's how I know your brother."

Urgal felt strangely smug He faces his enemies head on, despite being an archer more accustomed to keeping their distance. I daresay he has learned much since that day where we killed the giant. Leaving the stronghold, I was worried he would blame our father, blame me, blame the code of Malacath and abandon it as so many Orismer do for an easy life of thuggery, thievery, piracy, or a whole number of other dishonourable paths.

"I'm pleased you and Kaglar defended a man trying to make an honest living from those shylocks, but tell me, was this the occasion that you were referring to when you said he saved your life? Or have you and him encountered each other on other escapades?"

[Orcish Flashback over]

Urgal looked around, or rather glanced at the village, and saw everything that there was to see instantly, what with it being so small. He walked into the small, poorly lit inn to see it's only two occupants; A tired looking barkeep with whitish grey fur who barely glanced up when Urgal entered, and a slender young Khajiit with ill fitting clothes toying tentatively with the strings of a lute, more out of curiosity as opposed to having any sort of aim to play a tune. He sat down at the bar and surveyed it, picking out a dusty old bottle of Cyrodilic Brandy which he supposed must be better than any sort of moonbooze that was the standard here.

After filling and emptying the small wooden cup twice, another worn out tired old traveller stepped through the doors and sat down next to the orc.

"Brandy Lloden?" Urgal grunted, offering the bottle.

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Brandy Lloden?" Urgal grunted, offering the bottle.

"That Cyrodiilic swill?" he sighed. "Hopefully after this we head into dunmer lands and I can get a proper drink." He laughed, and called for a cup anyways. "So, your brother is alive. How do you feel about that?" He smiled grimly. "You seem determined to find him."

Joncis stepped away from the barman and sat down near Iloden, ''Ok, apparently Orcrest has fallen and Dune is under siege, the ruins of Arenthia are a buffer zone between the Dominion and Valenwood, North Elsweyr has more or less fallen apart. No word on the other provinces. Dro'Araaj must be worried about his family, I can't imagine how he could stay cheery right now'' he said quietly, on the other side of the room was a family of Khajiit with several bags at their feet. They seemed to be refugees.

Glancing at the refugees, Lloden stood sharply and went over. He untied his pouch of coins and dropped it next to them. "I don't expect I'll have much use for it. You do, though. It's yours." He turned on his heel, glanced around and made his way back to the bar.
There's a stash near Gideon if I desperately need money at some point. But mostly, I'm not going to outrun Dar Do long enough to need much money.
He sighed, and took a swig. He had a couple dozen coins in his pocket, still, but it made him feel a bit better to give it away.
captcha: together again. Soon, captcha. Soon.

SamtheDeathclaw:
Glancing at the refugees, Lloden stood sharply and went over. He untied his pouch of coins and dropped it next to them. "I don't expect I'll have much use for it. You do, though. It's yours." He turned on his heel, glanced around and made his way back to the bar.
There's a stash near Gideon if I desperately need money at some point. But mostly, I'm not going to outrun Dar Do long enough to need much money.
He sighed, and took a swig. He had a couple dozen coins in his pocket, still, but it made him feel a bit better to give it away.
captcha: together again. Soon, captcha. Soon.

''What's wrong with you? You're hardly ever charitible.'' Endya said, coming through the door while putting some sharpened daggers into a holster on her waist.

Josh12345:
''What's wrong with you? You're hardly ever charitible.'' Endya said, coming through the door while putting some sharpened daggers into a holster on her waist.

Lloden laughed. "Ah, you know how it is. People get soft when they start settling down. Not everyone can manage to be stone cold all the time like you, madame."

Dro'Araaj watched as Lloden walked over and gave the refugees some money, sighing he walked over to them and checked them over for injuries, using his healing magic where it was needed, he then walked back over to the bar and ordered a drink.

Nothing you can do for them, or the many others like them. Is there even a point in trying?

He downed his glass and called for another, he forced a smile and turned so he couldn't see the refugees, the last thing he wanted was a reminder of what could happen to his family, and if he couldn't change anything what was the point in getting upset about it.

Derek_the_Dodo:
Urgal felt strangely smug He faces his enemies head on, despite being an archer more accustomed to keeping their distance. I daresay he has learned much since that day where we killed the giant. Leaving the stronghold, I was worried he would blame our father, blame me, blame the code of Malacath and abandon it as so many Orismer do for an easy life of thuggery, thievery, piracy, or a whole number of other dishonourable paths.

"I'm pleased you and Kaglar defended a man trying to make an honest living from those shylocks, but tell me, was this the occasion that you were referring to when you said he saved your life? Or have you and him encountered each other on other escapades?"

['Nother flashback]
Anruin smiled faintly,

"That's a different story, one I'm not willing to share today. I'll tell you at the next campfire." He gets up and walks to his tent.

[flashback over]

Anruin strolled around the markets, noting nothing of interest, until he saw a man in a black hooded robe working on a garden. Anruin approached him,

"A bit hot for that isn't it?" The man looked up, an Imperial with red eyes,

"Anruin?" He asked before taking a drink out of a strange, red potion. Anruin froze and stared at him.

"Amiel? You were bitten by a vampire..." Anruin drew his blade,

"No, wait! Step into my house first if you're going to kill me, otherwise that Senche that's been watching us might step in." Anruin looked over his shoulder, and sure enough one was prowling around, "Fine, but no funny business." they went inside.

After a bite to eat at the inn, Joncis and Enthir left and waited on the others near the fork in the road. The path would be long but at least they won't have to hack and slash their way through this time, Endya was following them, suddenly she was pulled in behind one of the farm houses.
2 Dominion soldiers were there, one of them was the Khajiit that got away in Torval ''You're under arrest, we've been following your group since you left the city'' the Altmer said, Endya rolled her eyes and prepared a knife. ''The last time someone tried this his two friend ended up dead in an alleyway'' she said menacingly. The Khajiit took out a mace and was ready to strike...

Josh12345:
snicker snack

Lloden was following Endya out when she was grabbed by the dominion goons. He sighed, and followed them. He drew his silver sword.
"Hold up there, friends. Not sure you know just who you're-" He started, distracting the goons, when Endya rammed her knife into the khajiit's eye socket, twisted it out and buried it in the altmer's chest. "-messing with." Lloden finished with a sigh. "Do you have to be so brutal, m'lady? Surely there are less painful ways to kill them?"
They followed the rest of the group out of town, chatting amiably about the most efficent way to kill a khajiit.

SamtheDeathclaw:

"That Cyrodiilic swill?" he sighed. "Hopefully after this we head into dunmer lands and I can get a proper drink." He laughed, and called for a cup anyways. "So, your brother is alive. How do you feel about that?" He smiled grimly. "You seem determined to find him."

SamtheDeathclaw:

Lloden laughed. "Ah, you know how it is. People get soft when they start settling down. Not everyone can manage to be stone cold all the time like you, madame."

"I wish we could all be as generous," Urgal said pouring Lloden another cup "I'd take a glass of flin over this, and certainly over moonjuice any day. First bar we find if and when we get to Morrowind, Lloden I'll let you show off some more of your generosity."

Urgal swished the fiery liquid around his mouth before gulping it down.

"I made it my quest to find Kaglar again one day the moment I left home at the start of my new life. Since then, I've kept him close to my heart, but... I've betrayed him."

He toyed with the round burnt amulet,

"I was very young, and very angry. I didn't realise how the world worked and told myself I would break mountains down to find him, no one would stand in my way, I would stop him becoming... any number of things that haunted me, that he may turn to after being unceremoniously banished from his home. But I betrayed him with my complacency, I lost the passion that I had when I thrust my hand into the fire to retrieve this very amulet. The burns healed and I sat around taking easy money for odd jobs in the imperial city, forgot what it was to be an Orc, to live on the edge of society and shun the comforts of civilisation, to fight for survival against the hardships thrust upon us. To live."

He detached the orcish arrowhead from its place just above the black disc and placed it firmly into Llodens hand.

"And now I hear tales from Anruin, Kaglar seems to keep his pride and his natural sense of honour, and all that is left is to see him for myself. But this arrowhead, you yourself can see Lloden; is made with such a high class of Orichalcum Ore and craftsmanship, aimed with such precision as to miss by a whisker, in the middle of a heavily fortified Dominion dock albeit almost deserted. It can't have been anyone but Kaglar. And I'm left as confused about his status and disposition as ever. Was it a warning? A threat? Some sort of message? Whatever it is, it has fuelled my ambition, and reminded me of why I fight, and behave in the manner that I do, with Malacath guiding me..."

Urgal trailed off. He had meant to give Lloden a short answer, and was surprised that he had used him as a wall to bounce his thoughts and feelings against. Urgal moved towards the exit.

"We'll talk later elf, let's get back to the road."

[before murder death times, obviously]

Derek_the_Dodo:

"We'll talk later elf, let's get back to the road."

Lloden turned the arrow over in his hands. It was well crafted, obviously expensive. Unless Kalgar was a smith, it was likely that he wasn't so honorable as Urgal thought. He handed it back, and stood to leave.
Kaglar sees his brother. He fires an arrow at him. A warning? Maybe. A message, I think, though. It's orcish. It was a good shot, and it was within inches of killing him. There's a lot to be read here. He was telling Urgal, all at once, that he hadn't abandoned orcish ways, that he harbored no ill will towards Urgal, but would kill him if need be. But I don't know him well enough to say that for sure. Just thinking.
He followed Endya out of the inn, with Urgal close behind him, when Endya was grabbed.

Anruin sat and listened as his old friend spoke. He had laid out some bread reserved for guests, and Anruin pecked at it hungrily.
"So, you're the leader of this town?"
"Yes, and no residents here were infected by me. My potions help me control my urges."
"Good. Have Thalmor bothered this town often?"
"They have. They become my thralls, and do farm work."
"Sadistic, but they deserve it." Anruin sighed. "You sound innocent. Perhaps I'll come back and visit when I retire. Seems like a nice enough place to live." Anruin got up to leave, before turning around,
"One more question, are the other members of the group vampires?" Amiel paused,
"Yes."
"And is she still alive?"
"...Yes"
"More work when I'm done then." Anruin left and rejoined his group, and remained silent near the back.

The group were gathered at the fork in the road and moved left this time. The dusty path seemed alive, even though it wasn't an official road they passed a caravan soon after joining it, to the right was a small mountain and to the left was the lightened forest and steep valley of the xylo river. Further upstream forest was gone and it seemed became much more arid.
By evening the group came across a cave. ''By tomorrow we'll be at the Sanctuary,'' Enthir said, sitting down on a rock, ''We should clear out that cave nearby. It could be filled with bandits or animals''Endya told them, readying her weapons ''I'll go too, in case it's more than just a pile of rats'' Joncis said, checking if the others felt up for it ''anyone else?''

Josh12345:
The group were gathered at the fork in the road and moved left this time. The dusty path seemed alive, even though it wasn't an official road they passed a caravan soon after joining it, to the right was a small mountain and to the left was the lightened forest and steep valley of the xylo river. Further upstream forest was gone and it seemed became much more arid.
By evening the group came across a cave. ''By tomorrow we'll be at the Sanctuary,'' Enthir said, sitting down on a rock, ''We should clear out that cave nearby. It could be filled with bandits or animals''Endya told them, readying her weapons ''I'll go too, in case it's more than just a pile of rats'' Joncis said, checking if the others felt up for it ''anyone else?''

Anruin raised his hand, blade drawn.

"I'll go."

Josh12345:
''I'll go too, in case it's more than just a pile of rats'' Joncis said, checking if the others felt up for it ''anyone else?''

Lloden nodded, and strung his bow. "I'll help out."

As the group headed into the cave, they noticed mining equipment scattered around the floor, among it were some silver ore, Enthir picked up a few and began to transmute them into gold. Further down the passage they into a clearing. along the narrow walkway were ore veins and down a large ramp further underground led to 3 passages to the left, right, and centre.
On the ground were half a dozen bodies , the workers still had shovels and buckets in their hands.

''Could it have been poisonous air from the mine?'' Endya asked, covering her nose with part of her robes. ''I think it was something else'' Joncis said, prying a bloody pickaxe from one of the miners. ''See? Blood, from the looks of it some tried to fight'' down the ramp towards the 3 tunnels was a body of a bandit. Enthir inspected the body, gashes around his back, looks like a few of the miners could fight. ''We'll split up to clear the tunnels, no point in camping out if bandits are lurking around.'' he said. ''I'll take the centre, Joncis will take the left and whoever can put up with Endya take the right passage'' Enthir cast a ball of light and began to walk, Joncis cast his flame atronach, its glow alone lit the corridor, while Endya took a torch.

Josh12345:
Endya took a torch.

Lloden followed silently after Endya. He was on edge. In caves, his bow was mostly useless. He had two swords now, of course, but he was still barely decent with them. If he and the lady were surprised, he wouldn't be terribly useful.

Anruin fell in behind Enthir,

"Hey, what do you think did this? Bandits usually try to clear the bodies. My gues goes towards Goblins." He spoke quietly, but enough for him to hear.

ruedyn:
Anruin fell in behind Enthir,

"Hey, what do you think did this? Bandits usually try to clear the bodies. My gues goes towards Goblins." He spoke quietly, but enough for him to hear.

''Well, goblins aren't normally found this far south, but I'd imagine the bandits would try to at least clear their friend away.'' Enthir responded quietly, Enthir stopped. leading Anrion to knock into him. Enthir knelt down and searched the miner's body, he found a note:
Khar'ja,
I think we're onto something here, one of the men were digging and struck at one of these walls. Fascinating, it seems to be ancient, as if the ground had swallowed this place whole. I'll have this sent tomorrow unless anything new crops up.
Der'ja

''Swallowed whole? interesting'' Enthir mumbled, stepping over the body and continuing down the passage.

Endya and Iloden continued down the passage, over time it seemed to grow wider, the two could now walk side by side now. Further down the passage they came across a small clearing and some skeletons. It seemed to be a burial tomb, Endya saw a scroll lying on the ground and pointed towards it. As Iloden went to pick it up his arm was grabbed by a skeletal arm. within seconds the other skeletons began to move and turn. Endya yanked Iloden's bow from his back and smacked it into one of the skeletons, its skull was sent flying and the rest of the body fell apart. She began to hurl daggers at them as a dozen more came out from their coffins ''Get up!'' she barked at him, throwing a dagger at the arm, smashing it and freeing Iloden from its grasp.

Josh12345:
snip

"Swallowed whole? He must've fallen into another cave system. What was in there must have done this." His musing caused him to fall behind slightly, but he quickly picked up the slack.
"So, what type of creature lives in tunnels besides Goblins? Dwemer?

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
snip

"Swallowed whole? He must've fallen into another cave system. What was in there must have done this." His musing caused him to fall behind slightly, but he quickly picked up the slack.
"So, what type of creature lives in tunnels besides Goblins? Dwemer?

''Dwemer aren't this far south either, Ayleid maybe? The note mentions a structure, I'm betting it's some sort of ruin that's been preserved down here'' As they continued walking, their path led into a sort of burial chamber, which Joncis and the others were entering ''You find anything?'' Joncis asked, with Dro'Araaj, Vargmir, Urgal and Astoph filing in next to him.

Lloden sighed.
Why did I even think about getting surprised? That's up there with "what could possibly go wrong. He wrenched his arm free and drew his silver sword. He swung, the skeleton clattering apart as he struck it.
Then he realized.
Shit. He turned and looked. The skeletons were distractions. Something was here. He knew it was. He just had to see it.
Behind you, fool! The shout echoed in his head, and he turned quickly, his blade up to block.
It met a pickaxe being brandished by another skeleton, larger and more agile than the others.
Lloden stepped back, and flicked his sword. The skeleton's pickaxe went flying, and he brought the sword down, hard, on it's skull.

SamtheDeathclaw:
Lloden sighed.
Why did I even think about getting surprised? That's up there with "what could possibly go wrong. He wrenched his arm free and drew his silver sword. He swung, the skeleton clattering apart as he struck it.
Then he realized.
Shit. He turned and looked. The skeletons were distractions. Something was here. He knew it was. He just had to see it.
Behind you, fool! The shout echoed in his head, and he turned quickly, his blade up to block.
It met a pickaxe being brandished by another skeleton, larger and more agile than the others.
Lloden stepped back, and flicked his sword. The skeleton's pickaxe went flying, and he brought the sword down, hard, on it's skull.

Endya finished off the remaining skeletons and gave Iloden back his now dented bow. ''C'mon, let's find out what exactly this place is'' she said, continuing down the passage way ''Before you ask no I don't know what ancient civilisation this is, but through process of elimination its either ancient Bosmer, Ayleid or Khajiit. let's just try to get through here without any more jump scares.''

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked