Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 . . . 40 NEXT

SamtheDeathclaw:
I win.

"You know I'm not with these guys. The blood on my blade says so. And when did anybody say anything about ME hunting vampires? Wait, is he..." he turned to look at Anruin
'How close to death was I when I let you into my home?' he looked back, the look of uncertainty hidden well on his face, but his eyes betrayed him.
"Anyways, I came to check this place out when we noticed more people coming through our village with coffins. We thought you might be with these guys, till I saw Anruin. He wouldn't fall in with guys like that, he always hated necromancy."

ruedyn:
Well, you don't have to be so smug about it. :(

"That's not all he did, of course. Just the first thing we talked about him hunting, and the one that sticks with me." Lloden studied the man, but flicked his eyes around the room, studying the battle still raging. He could try and join the fray, but he was tired and bleeding from a few dozen wounds. He sighed. All shallow, but still hurt.
"He's something of a hardliner, I guess. All black and white views as far as I've seen. Still, not a bad person." He sighed again. I sigh too much nowadays.
"I wonder what this bunch is doing here. After all, it's not the sort of place you just choose to live in. Or maybe necromancers are just insane." He saud laconically.

SamtheDeathclaw:
The victory was glorious, I am simply reveling in it.

A small smile returned to his pallid face.
"Necromancers love caves, especially ones near small, mostly defenseless villages." he had tried his best to ignore the blood from the cuts, but that voice in his head was bothering him. He took another gulp of his blood potion.
"I don't have any healing potions, but the cat was throwing them around earlier. Or you can try your luck with one of these." he gestured to his bottle.

ruedyn:
Still smug.

"I think I'll pass. I have some herbs somewhere I can make a poultice out of. I.. Think I'll do that really quick." he said, eyeing the vampire's teeth.
"And what of vampires? Do they love small, defenseless villages too? Or are you trying to beat it with willpower?" he scoffed softly.
From one of his pouches- Thank the eight that Mora kept them on my belt when he changed my clothes for no reason- he pulled a large, fleshly leaf. He sighed, and began to chew it. Once it was well chewed, he pushed some onto the worst cuts. Disgusting, sure, but it worked.

SamtheDeathclaw:

"I'm beating it with these." he pointed at his half empty bottle. He stuck his tongue out in disgust.
"Eugh, sticking leaves in your wounds? I'm sure you know what you're doing, but letting your cat buddy take care of that might be a better idea." he took another casual glance at the she-orcs progress. She managed to get on her feet, but her weapon was gone. She was on the ropes at best, and only half through his army. Llodens group was doing well, almost done with the necromancer forces. They'd have to fight their leader soon though, as he could easily raise the skeletons again.

ruedyn:
I will find you. And I will kill you.

"It stops the bleeding." He shrugged. "Araaj can take a look at it later. He's pretty occupied right now, it looks like." A soft laugh. The group was gaining strength, the skeletons and other undead falling fairly quickly. Araaj was frantically healing and buffing and helping, though. Not a lot of time to look after a few scrapes.
"Hm. Bottles of blood? Or a substitute? I've seen something similar. Not any better than drinking it straight out, though. So I would guess you've found a way to fake it?"

SamtheDeathclaw:
Liam Neeson is too awesome for this.

"Yes, the ingredients are rare though. It's the only reason I stayed in that collection of huts they call a village. Although, they endear themselves as time goes on." his smile turned grim.
"The other man in the armor, his name is Skrad. He was our mercenary and part time lawman. I trained him, somewhat. He had some skill."

ruedyn:
I really like that line okay? :|

"Ah, I am seeing. Wait, the man I just fought? I haven't seen any other that I remember lately."
He glanced around. Something still felt off about the place. Something just in the back of his head. But he couldn't pin it down.

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:
I really like that line okay? :|

"Ah, I am seeing. Wait, the man I just fought? I haven't seen any other that I remember lately."
He glanced around. Something still felt off about the place. Something just in the back of his head. But he couldn't pin it down.

"Yes. The-" "AUGH" "-late she orc I don't know however." He glanced towards where she screamed. A necromancer had stabbed her in the eye with a summoned sword. She still hung off of it, limp. The vampire grimaced slightly.

ruedyn:

"Yes. The-" "AUGH" "-late she orc I don't know however." He glanced towards where she screamed. A necromancer had stabbed her in the eye with a summoned sword. She still hung off of it, limp. The vampire grimaced slightly.

He glanced at the woman. He had barely noticed the fight was still going. His limbs felt leaden. He doubted he could draw his sword even if he wanted to. Preternatural rage takes a lot out of you.
"You, know, we had a vampire on the crew. Nice girl. 'course, she died. You ought to come with us. You might actually make it for a few days." He laughed a bit, then slumped against the wall, sliding down it. He sat on the floor and let his shoulders fall.
Gods, I'm tired.

"And now two are unconscious. Probably makes me look suspicious. Better tell their leader, if only so I can keep my head." He turned back into his bat form, flying off to meet him,
"Enthir, correct? two of your numbers are unconscious. If you can afford it, you might want to send a healer over there." He flew back to his old perch near the top of the cavern, directing his undead troops.

There were simply too many thralls to fight at this point, it will either be a test of endurance or the group will be overrun. Enthir pulled out a scroll and threw it to Joncis, ''I've been saving that one for a rainy day,use it, it'll kill their thralls'' Enthir held up a Ward while Joncis read out the incantation. Endya stopped aiming at the thralls and now directed her attacks at the necromancers now. Joncis raised his hands and upon finishing reading a blast of green energy emitted from the scroll, before it turned to ash. The energy surged through the room as thralls fell to the ground and even their atronachs perished.
The Necromancers were alone now.

While they tried in futility to re-resurrect their thralls, Joncis ran towards a small group and unleashed a flurry of thunder at them, Enthir focused on the centre, fending off the few enemies that brought weapons to the fight, while Endya skirted around the side, stabbing the occasional necromancer and reaching the stairs, were behind a door their leader was holed up inside.

Lloden leaned against the wall. Evidently, the vampire had decided he was unconscious. He was not, but nevertheless. He felt like he could barely move.
Remind me not to do that ever again. He sighed. Joncis had done some fancy magic he'd never seen, and all the thralls collapsed in on themselves. Very dramatic, really.
He wondered if they would expect him to move.
He hoped not.

Dro'Araaj found his way over to Anruin and Lloden, he downed one of his few remaining potions of restore magicka and set about healing them, Lloden was strangely resistant to his magic, though the wounds still closed after a bit of difficulty. Certain that the elves were healed he walked off ot retrieve his staff and pick his way through the dead necromancers to see if their corpses possessed anything of value.

As the last remaining necromancers were being finished off, Endya pulled out a lockpick and began to work away at the door.
The others met up with her as she opened it, inside was a table with the body of a miner on it, and a dead necromancer. From the look of it the blow to the mage's head was self-inflicted, on him was a note:
Damn them, a flare of light and suddenly the miner collapsed to the ground. All the other subjects have turned to ash. Our research is ruined and simply from hearing the fighting outside those men will surely get in. I'm not going down as their dog, I won't. I'm sorry.
Indara.

''Coward. Didn't even try to go down fighting'' Endya muttered. On a bench to the left of the room were a few notes, Enthir took a look at one, ''From the looks of it they planned on attacking the village to the south''
Indara,
Progress is coming through well, we have half of the tomb converted now and ready to strike, all we have to do is sort out those miners before they make contact with the tomb and we'll be ready to pillage Shi'Gara. If you want we could strike now. Just ask.
Dar'Intar

Among the notes were letters on army movements:
Indara,
The Dominion forces are moving east and south, trying to defend Corinthe and Torval. This makes Shi'Gara an easy target, everything north of the desert's been lost to the Men, (except for Dune)
There has, however, been unusual movement north by a small battalion, there's nothing up there except the old monastary on the mountain. Probably nothing to worry about,
Do'Sanghi.

''When was that note written?!'' Endya asked, alarmed. the date on the top left said yesterday.
''Let's hope that's not our monastary'' Joncis mumbled. ''But that's just it. Years ago the Knahaten Flu ravaged Elsweyr, of the 16 kingdoms of Elsweyr only 2 survived: Anequina and the Pellitine. Most remaining cities now are either built upon the ruins of these old kingdoms like Senchal and Torval are, but others are exactly that, ruins. These people are based in one of these ruins. The ancient stronghold on Do'Rajiin, built on a mountain. Where else in the area fits that description?'' Endya responded, moving for the door ''C'mon, we need to move.''
''Don't bother, we're all exhausted and if we go marching now we won't stand a chance. Rest for now, then in the morning we'll head there'' Enthir, told her, holding her back by her hood. Reluctantly, Endya followed the others back to the miner's camp to rest and eat.

Anruin slowly got up,
"Thanks Dro. I'll go find Enthir."

Amiel wasn't used to getting brushed off, but he understood. The spell was quite impressive, but he didn't know enough about magic to try and place it. He flew to Enthir again.

Both 'men' showed up at roughly the same time. Amiel began, "Though it was lovely working with you guys, my village needs me. I'd suggest burning this place down." and with that, he flew off. Anruin gave his report, then went off to check up on the rest of the group.

At dawn the group left the cave and headed north, the landscape continued to get drier and in the distance was a building carved into a small mountain, Endya pointed up at it ''That's where we're headed'' she lead the group off the beaten path and towards it, treading through the tall, dry grass as they went.

Josh12345:
At dawn the group left the cave and headed north, the landscape continued to get drier and in the distance was a building carved into a small mountain, Endya pointed up at it ''That's where we're headed'' she lead the group off the beaten path and towards it, treading through the tall, dry grass as they went.

"Are we leaving the package there?" Dro'Araaj asked, the structure didn't look like much, but he was willing to bet that it was far better defended than it looked. Being small and in the middle of nowhere would make it an excellent hiding place for whatever it was they were carrying.

IFS:

Josh12345:

"Are we leaving the package there?" Dro'Araaj asked, the structure didn't look like much, but he was willing to bet that it was far better defended than it looked. Being small and in the middle of nowhere would make it an excellent hiding place for whatever it was they were carrying.

''That's the general idea'' Endya responded.
As the group neared it the Monastary appeared bigger and it was perched about 2/3 up the mountain, with a small river trickling down from the top of it .At the foot of the mountain there was a path that winded up it and led to a large cave, When inside it seemed as if the cave was carved into it. Endya was about to round the corner but stopped the others and got behind a rock. There was a gate, past it led to the monastary. About 50 Thalmor were inside and a large battering ram was being thrown against the gate.
''Damnit, they know.'' Endya mumbled ''What could they possibly know about this place that means breaking into it?'' Joncis asks, ''Well, besides what we're carrying, that area is easily defensible and in a strategic position, they could want this place for that alone'' Endya responded, ''Well talking about it won't get us anywhere, we need a plan'' just as Enthir finished, the gate fell to the ground and the Thalmor flooded in, only a few stayed behind to load up the battering equipment.

''Take these ones out, the others won't be coming back any time soon'' Enthir whispered.
Endya threw 2 daggers, both hitting their targets. The two soldiers fell to the ground as the other 4 walked up to inspect the bodies. Joncis jumped out and shot bolts of thunder, the sheer force knocked them into a wall, while one ducked but was stabbed by Endya before he could counter-attack. ''Ok, let's go''

The group followed the cavern as it spiralled upwards. Light streamed in through cracks in the rock and illuminated their path. Up ahead the cave came to an end and they could hear the clashing of swords. Enthir took the lead and saw it.To the right was a skyline showing Elsweyr, to the south was dense rainforest, to the North were the grasslands, far in the east was the sandy desert and to the left, on the mountain was the large stone entrance to the Sanctuary, where a battle was taking place. About a dozen monks were being pushed back further into the sanctuary by the Dominion soldiers, with arrows and lightning shooting out in every direction. ''Plan?'' Enthir asked ''Wait for them to weaken each other and then finish off the Dominion soldiers'' Endya said ''No, the Khajiit would probably lose'' Joncis shouted back ''Well what do you propose?'' Enthir popped out of cover and shot two red spheres of energy at the soldiers, 2 of the soldiers began attacking other Dominion troops.
''C'mon!'' He shouted, Joncis ran out as well, shooting fire at the bulk of their forces while Endya picked off the Archers, narrowly avoiding an arrow in the knee chest while doing so.

Dro'Araaj readied his staff, and began to lob fireballs at the dominion soldiers, the staff seemed to be running low on charge, but would hopefully last through this battle, if not then he still had his claws. He began to run towards some of the more scattered soldiers, keeping them between him and the archers, then his staff fizzled.

He discarded it, grabbing a potion of invisibility from his bag he downed it and vanished, he moved into a group of soldiers pushing into the khajiit monks and by the time his invisibility dropped three of the soldiers were writhing on the ground, clawing at their missing throats. He grabbed a sword from one of the dead soldiers and ran another through the back with it, a few turned to attack him, but their distraction allowed the monks to dispatch them easily.

He turned his attention to the rest of the fight, he doubted that he would be effective against that number of soldiers, but there wasn't much else for him to do. Sighing irritatedly he pulled a flask of poison from his bag and began to apply it to his claws.

Anruin summoned his 3 creatures, taking a lot out of him, but he could still manage to match at least 3 Thalmors.
"Scampers, support Endya with fireballs. You, buff our magi's mana. Mal, we're rushing them." Scampers and the seducer nodded and ran to their jobs, while Anruin and Mal ran out to slaughter the troops.

Joncis skirted around the side and joined Dro'Araaj ''Who are you?'' one of the monks asked, jabbing a spear into a Thalmor ''We're the group, we have the Package.'' the monk's eyes widened and dragged the two to cover, he pointed towards a staircase ''Take your group up there, on the left and then down another staircase. You'll find a small room with a cupboard. Behind it is a path .Seal the panel behind you and Dro'Trena will tell you what to do next.'' Joncis nodded and whistled to the others, he climbed the stairs and took advantage of his position by taking potshots at the soldiers. Enthir fought fiercely through with Urgal and Astoph, with Joncis defending them, while Endya simply ran through the centre as Vargmir steamrolled through.
As they reached the top of the staircase Enthir looked back, only a few of the Dominion soldiers were left but reinforcements had arrived from the cave, about 30 more troops joined the fray while only half a dozen of the monks were left.

They didn't have long.

Lloden sighed and fingered his swords. He was still very sore from all the fighting the day before. He sighed, and slid the silver sword out. He saw Anruin and his demon pushing through the centerline of the thalmor. He barely noticed any of the others, but they were an impressive team. He slid around the detachment of thalmor, finding most of them simply ignored him.
Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, I am thinking. They weren't expecting us. He lunged in once he was sufficiently around the thalmor for them to start eying him curiously. He easily slid through the crowd, his sword flashing this way and that, entirely without his input.
What did you even do when you weren't with me?! A question to his own soul. He really was mad.

Seeing Joncis and other run up the stairs, Lloden started backing that way. He went on the defensive, his sore muscles complaining with every parry. He eventually fought through out to the other side, and sprinted up the stairs after the group.
Something caught his eye.
There, in the back.
A girl.
He froze.
A young altmer girl, serving the officers.
A tug on his arm. Vargmir yanked him up the stairs.
"Up." He nodded at the hallway above them to emphasize his point.
Lloden turned back to the mob, but couldn't find the girl again. He didn't know if it was her or not. But he didn't have time to fight his way back to her and find out she wasn't his daughter.
He clenched his teeth and resumed the climb.

Dro'Araaj followed Joncis up the stairs, once they reached the top he looked back over the battlefield, things were not looking good. He did a quick count of the corpses, then turned to Joncis "Now might be a good time to see how good you are with necromancy," he suggested, gesturing at the bodies of the fallen. They were outnumbered and needed to change that, besides the bodies staying dead didn't help anyone, why not use them?

IFS:
Dro'Araaj followed Joncis up the stairs, once they reached the top he looked back over the battlefield, things were not looking good. He did a quick count of the corpses, then turned to Joncis "Now might be a good time to see how good you are with necromancy," he suggested, gesturing at the bodies of the fallen. They were outnumbered and needed to change that, besides the bodies staying dead didn't help anyone, why not use them?

''Oh right, necromancy, that thing I never do.'' He conjured an Atronach and ordered it to defend the staircase ''Hurry up, Anruin!'' Endya shouted down.

The group headed left and down a small hallway as the monk instructed and came to a dusty old room with brooms and buckets lining the floor. Joncis creaked open a closet and slid open the back panel, behind which was a small flight of stairs and some unlit torches. ''Last one in close this over, I doubt they know we even went this way'' he said, climbing through the panel with Enthir close behind him.

Anruin ordered Mal to continue killing, and for Scampers to follow him. The seducer was still following Joncis.

Anruin ran to the staircase, and followed them catching his breath. He closed the hidden door after everyone was in.

"So, what now?"

ruedyn:
Anruin ordered Mal to continue killing, and for Scampers to follow him. The seducer was still following Joncis.

Anruin ran to the staircase, and followed them catching his breath. He closed the hidden door after everyone was in.

"So, what now?"

Joncis and Enthir led the path with glowing orbs they had conjured, while Endya stayed near the back with a torch. The group continued down the narrow stone corridor as it led further down into the mountain. Eventually they came across torches that were already lit, and there was a large open space up ahead.

Enthir stopped the group before the corridor ended. ''There is something you should probably know about before we go any further'' Enthir confessed, nudging Joncis, ''Alright, none of you have tried to murder us yet. You weren't meant to know about what we were carrying but since some of us could die it's probably best you know now'' He said, pulling out the wrappings that covered the Elder Scrolls. Joncis unwrapped them at held one up.
''This is an Elder Scroll.'' Enthir said quietly, ''Don't make a grab for them or the enchantments will level half of the mountain, only me and Enthir can hold them until these Khajiit fix them'' Joncis told them quickly, ''They are tools of great power, most who attempt to read a scroll are blinded or driven mad by it. But those who live past it say they saw visions of the past and future. They are unbreakable, indestructible and VERY powerful.'' Endya said, almost as if she had prepared to give out the definition of it. ''Each Faction wants them, including the Dominion. I managed to smuggle these 2 out of the Imperial City, they seemed to want to stockpile them for some reason, not sure why, I mean they hardly will help dragging Nirn into Coldhar- nevermind, not important''Enthir finished. ''Personally, I'd have them delivered to my cousin in Wayrest and help win the war, but these things are too powerful. They need to be put somewhere no one will abuse them, for all we know tampering with them could make us disappear like the Dwemer. Everyone alright with that?''Joncis added, putting them back in his bag, as they moved closer to the open area.

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

"So, what now?"

Joncis and Enthir led the path with glowing orbs they had conjured, while Endya stayed near the back with a torch. The group continued down the narrow stone corridor as it led further down into the mountain. Eventually they came across torches that were already lit, and there was a large open space up ahead.

Enthir stopped the group before the corridor ended. ''There is something you should probably know about before we go any further'' Enthir confessed, nudging Joncis, ''Alright, none of you have tried to murder us yet. You weren't meant to know about what we were carrying but since some of us could die it's probably best you know now'' He said, pulling out the wrappings that covered the Elder Scrolls. Joncis unwrapped them at held one up.
''This is an Elder Scroll.'' Enthir said quietly, ''Don't make a grab for them or the enchantments will level half of the mountain, only me and Enthir can hold them until these Khajiit fix them'' Joncis told them quickly, ''They are tools of great power, most who attempt to read a scroll are blinded or driven mad by it. But those who live past it say they saw visions of the past and future. They are unbreakable, indestructible and VERY powerful.'' Endya said, almost as if she had prepared to give out the definition of it. ''Each Faction wants them, including the Dominion. I managed to smuggle these 2 out of the Imperial City, they seemed to want to stockpile them for some reason, not sure why, I mean they hardly will help dragging Nirn into Coldhar- nevermind, not important''Enthir finished. ''Personally, I'd have them delivered to my cousin in Wayrest and help win the war, but these things are too powerful. They need to be put somewhere no one will abuse them, for all we know tampering with them could make us disappear like the Dwemer. Everyone alright with that?''Joncis added, putting them back in his bag, as they moved closer to the open area.

Dro'Araaj got over his surprise quickly, managing to look more impressed than dumbfounded, "Explains why they smell so old," he muttered, then shrugged, "this one has no problems with that, he wouldn't want to know the future anyways."

Josh12345:
"Everyone alright with that?''Joncis added, putting them back in his bag, as they moved closer to the open area.

Lloden scowled.
"I'm familiar with them. Evil things. They catch pieces of time and never let them go. Tear holes in time everywhere they go. And hiding them away is useless. If they desire to be used, they'll stop being here and be somewhere else instead. You can't control them, and it's folly to try." He sighed. "Commendable folly, but folly nonetheless."

Josh12345:

Anruin sat there quietly. He had nothing to say, except,
"You have an enchantment that can level a mountain on that thing. Why didn't you tell us earlier? Belkin probably would've stayed, and Luna would not have betrayed us. This secret has cost more lives than saved." Anruin glared at him. Outside, Mal was cutting giddily through Thalmor.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

Anruin sat there quietly. He had nothing to say, except,
"You have an enchantment that can level a mountain on that thing. Why didn't you tell us earlier? Belkin probably would've stayed, and Luna would not have betrayed us. This secret has cost more lives than saved." Anruin glared at him. Outside, Mal was cutting giddily through Thalmor.

Endya was in shock ''What leaps of assumption did you reach to assume that? First of all, the Imperial left for Gods-knows-what reason, these were with me when Joncis rescued you from those bandits'' Enthir jumped in ''And the Dunmer tried to kill me because within the space of an afternoon her secret of vampirism was well known through half of the group, and she blamed me for it, then she tried to kill me and planned on hunting whoever else knew and wasn't in Arenthia during the fire. Including you, but you would know about that wouldn't you, you gathered a few of your cronies up, one was actually a spy by the way, to try and hunt a few people here down because of their impurities, well its not your place to do so. tough.''

''I was wondering where all that pent up energy was going,'' Joncis whispered to Dro'Araaj ''Also I'm suprised you didn't find out sooner, I probably would have ended up telling you about it anyway if.... THIS hadn't happened'' he said, using his hands to outline Enthir's complete onslaught at Anruin.

Josh12345:
Endya was in shock ''What leaps of assumption did you reach to assume that? First of all, the Imperial left for Gods-knows-what reason, these were with me when Joncis rescued you from those bandits'' Enthir jumped in ''And the Dunmer tried to kill me because within the space of an afternoon her secret of vampirism was well known through half of the group, and she blamed me for it, then she tried to kill me and planned on hunting whoever else knew and wasn't in Arenthia during the fire. Including you, but you would know about that wouldn't you, you gathered a few of your cronies up, one was actually a spy by the way, to try and hunt a few people here down because of their impurities, well its not your place to do so. tough.''

"The imperial left fearing for his life. He didn't know the importance. You told me, a vampire hunter, that there was a vampire in the group without saying why she was needed, or any sort of encouragement that she wouldn't kill us all, for Maras sake I saw her eyeing our necks up in the middle of a fight! And don't bring my goddamn order into this, yours is the one fucking this whole thing up! IT IS EXACTLY MY BUSINESS, YOU LYING, SAD EXCUSE FOR A BLADE!" By the end of this he was holding Enthir by the shirt. He let go and backed up into the corner of the room, rubbing his temples and exhaling slowly. The seducer stopped buffing Joncis, and retreated to Anruin.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

"The imperial left fearing for his life. He didn't know the importance. You told me, a vampire hunter, that there was a vampire in the group without saying why she was needed, or any sort of encouragement that she wouldn't kill us all, for Maras sake I saw her eyeing our necks up in the middle of a fight! And don't bring my goddamn order into this, yours is the one fucking this whole thing up! IT IS EXACTLY MY BUSINESS, YOU LYING, SAD EXCUSE FOR A BLADE!" By the end of this he was holding Enthir by the shirt. He let go and backed up into the corner of the room, rubbing his temples and exhaling slowly. The seducer stopped buffing Joncis, and retreated to Anruin.

Enthir merely smirked ''I. Am. Shaking from that, listen, you don't have to be here if you don't want to, trouble is right now the thing keeping us together is a narrow path and a battalion of Thalmor that you'd have to fight through alone,'' ''Besides I checked Luna's stuff while we were in the Imperial city, she was carrying a vial of Corkbulb solution, its used as a sort of mouthwash that would dull ones' fangs but destroy the smell of blood. Hmph, looks like Cosnan had taught me a few things'' Joncis slipped in, raising his arm to the seducer ''for a daedra hunter you do have quite the connection with them don't you''

Pages PREV 1 . . . 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked