Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 40 NEXT

Dro'Araaj stood back and watched as Anruin yelled at Enthir and Enthir responded, he sighed with irritation, then spoke loudly and assertively, "Look this is not the time to argue this, personally this one wouldn't care if we were carrying the emperors newborn son AND the reincarnation of Lorkan with us, right now there is a lot of angry Thalmor behind us so Dro'Araaj in his age and wisdom suggests that we continue moving!"

He exhaled, then proceeded to turn and continue down the tunnels.

Josh12345:
Enthir merely smirked ''I. Am. Shaking from that, listen, you don't have to be here if you don't want to, trouble is right now the thing keeping us together is a narrow path and a battalion of Thalmor that you'd have to fight through alone,'' ''Besides I checked Luna's stuff while we were in the Imperial city, she was carrying a vial of Corkbulb solution, its used as a sort of mouthwash that would dull ones' fangs but destroy the smell of blood. Hmph, looks like Cosnan had taught me a few things'' Joncis slipped in, raising his arm to the seducer ''for a daedra hunter you do have quite the connection with them don't you''

"Joncis, she has diseases. I'd suggest removing your arm. Secondly, they are tools. Some are effective for killing, some healing, some support. As long as they don't harm us, I couldn't care less about them." Anruin turned to face Enthir,
"I could easily fight my way through, but this is more important than my complaints. After this is done, we'll decide whether or not you are guilty for the murders of Luna, Dresden, Bites-her-Tail, and everyone else. In the meantime, we have a war to fight." and with that, he dispelled Mal, figuring he was wounded, and his element of surprise was worn through. He followed Dro'Araaj through the tunnels, holding one of the torches.

Endya grabbed Anruin by the scruff of his shirt and shook him ''This is pointless. Lay off him. You weren't there when it happened so don't go pointing fingers when you don't know what actually happened...''
letting go of him, grabbing a torch and moving up the tunnel ''....and I agree with the Khajiit, both of you are arguing over the deaths of several people, who may or may not have been a direct result of Enthir existing and who no one here really had any attachment to anyway. When there are clearly bigger issues at hand at the moment, so suck it up and get moving''she finished, leading the group out of the tunnel and into a courtyard.

Light streamed in from the top but they were still surrounded on all sides by the mountain. In the centre of this courtyard was a large stone pillar. Similar to the one found in the cave last night. Etched into the rock were positions of the lunar lattice, and at the top of the pillar 2 circular rings were carved into it. An old Khajiit was sitting on a throne at the back of the courtyard. 2 Senches were guarding him. ''What is it?'' he said quietly.
''We're here to deliver the Elder Scrolls'' Enthir told him, coming to the foot of the throne before being stopped by one of the Senches. The Khajiit grinned for a moment, but his face turned back to its original calm, serious position''Hmph. Well what do you intend for us to do with them?'' Enthir stood there for a moment, thinking of how to word this properly ''To keep them guarded from the enemy, surely you understand tha-'' ''Surely you understand that we are under attack as we speak. The only thing standing between us and death is the backpanel of a broom cupboard. This place's greatest defense is its remoteness, what force would want to scale a mountain in the middle of no where and inspect a derelict ruin without orders to do so? We can't offer protection, not anymore now that the Dominion knows of us''
Joncis stood back near the tunnel with the others ''In hindsight, we should have known this wouldn't work. I mean why place the scrolls in a sanctuary that's currently being invaded?''

Josh12345:
Endya grabbed Anruin by the scruff of his shirt and shook him ''This is pointless. Lay off him. You weren't there when it happened so don't go pointing fingers when you don't know what actually happened...''
letting go of him, grabbing a torch and moving up the tunnel ''....and I agree with the Khajiit, both of you are arguing over the deaths of several people, who may or may not have been a direct result of Enthir existing and who no one here really had any attachment to anyway. When there are clearly bigger issues at hand at the moment, so suck it up and get moving''she finished, leading the group out of the tunnel and into a courtyard.

Light streamed in from the top but they were still surrounded on all sides by the mountain. In the centre of this courtyard was a large stone pillar. Similar to the one found in the cave last night. Etched into the rock were positions of the lunar lattice, and at the top of the pillar 2 circular rings were carved into it. An old Khajiit was sitting on a throne at the back of the courtyard. 2 Senches were guarding him. ''What is it?'' he said quietly.
''We're here to deliver the Elder Scrolls'' Enthir told him, coming to the foot of the throne before being stopped by one of the Senches. The Khajiit grinned for a moment, but his face turned back to its original calm, serious position''Hmph. Well what do you intend for us to do with them?'' Enthir stood there for a moment, thinking of how to word this properly ''To keep them guarded from the enemy, surely you understand tha-'' ''Surely you understand that we are under attack as we speak. The only thing standing between us and death is the backpanel of a broom cupboard. This place's greatest defense is its remoteness, what force would want to scale a mountain in the middle of no where and inspect a derelict ruin without orders to do so? We can't offer protection, not anymore now that the Dominion knows of us''
Joncis stood back near the tunnel with the others ''In hindsight, we should have known this wouldn't work. I mean why place the scrolls in a sanctuary that's currently being invaded?''

"So the next thing to do is figure out how to leave," Dro'Araaj said, "Are there other passages out of here? Or are we forced to wait and see if they pass us over?"

He doubted that the khajiit had access to teleportation magics, if they were forced to fight here then at least they could funnel the Thalmor down a narrow passage, unless the Thalmor just collapsed the cave entrance and let them all starve.

''Well what can you offer? If not protection then at least another way out.'' Enthir demanded angrily ''We can lift the protections from the Scrolls, down this way, I will pray to Alkosh, and with luck he will... purify them.'' He said, getting up and moving towards a chamber to the right of his throne. ''Once they reach their final destination, you won't want them backfiring on their protectors. There is also another route out this way, so I suggest they come as well''

As Enthir and the High Priest entered the chamber, one of the Senches stayed to keep watch in the courtyard while the other led Endya down the corridor to the escape. It grunted towards a door. Endya opened it for the massive cat as it lumbered its way through the doorway. A large tunnel ripped through the back of the bedroom which took a sharp turn. Endya could see footprints. The monks that didn't fight must have escaped this way.

Enthir stayed by the entrance as the High Priest performed a ritual. The Elder Scrolls were placed on an alter in the centre of the chamber surrounded by a pond of water. When the Khajiit finished the the Elder Scrolls flashed for a second, before he picked them up and handed them back to Enthir ''See? No explosion. Give me a map'' Enthir handed him one from his side pocket and marked a spot in Black Marsh ''That would be the next location to try. It's not affiliated with us but... well you'll see for yourself'' Enthir took the map, glanced at it for a moment, then placed it back in his pocket ''Thank you, Where will you go now?'' Enthir asked, ''The plan is for the other monks to set up a sanctuary somewhere else, then relocate once they send word. That or head for Senchal. I hear it's safe for now from the Cyrods'' ''I wish you luck''Enthir said, turning to leave. ''There is one other thing. Out in the desert, directly east of here one of our Sanctuaries was holding an Elder Scroll safe. If the Dominion knew about us here they'd surely be targeting that one as well'' Enthir looked at him, then asked ''So you intend for us to carry 3 of them around?'' The Khajiit stared at him ''You might be the last soul I tell that to. It's either that or the Dominion. Your choice'' Enthir nodded reluctantly, and then left
the chamber.
Joncis and the others were still in the courtyard, when they saw light coming from the tunnel they entered through. A few moments later more footsteps could be heard ''I think they came down here!'' A Dominion guard shouted, ''Get down, or they'll see you'' Joncis whispered, getting behind the statue in the centre. signalling everyone to hide.

Lloden ducked down behind a decorative wall. He was sore, still. And the faint lingering pain of his wounds bothered him. He really hated being healed sometimes. The faded pain was extremely annoying, if less painful.
The thalmor were coming. He carefully, silently, drew his silver sword and prepared himself to use it. He sighed.
Can we do anything without battling something?!

Dro'Araaj crouched down behind a wall, his claws were still coated in poison, but hopefully they could sneak past the thalmor without fighting them. He grabbed his last bottle of invisibility potion, ready to down it if needed.

Anruin ducked behind a pillar, silently preparing a fury spell. He finally stopped suppressing his laughter, and a silent chuckle emerged from his lips.
'An old hag thought she could intimidate a man who fights the forces of hell daily? Silly wench. Perhaps I'll see if Mal can do-' his mind went to a halt.
'Did I just wish death on someone using a daedra?'

A crowd of Dominion soldiers made their way into the courtyard and spotted the Senche. Bolts of lightning flew through the air as the massive cat bolted towards them. The magic merely bounced off the creature's armor and arrows seemed to have no effect on it, until one was jammed straight into its paw, causing the cat to fall to the ground, with the momentum of the speed smashing it into a wall and crushing a few archers.
Enthir walked out of the chamber only to be greeted by the soldiers, Where he only barely had time to put up a ward before ducking behind a nearby pillar.

The soldiers surged through the area. Joncis conjured his atronach and started to fling lightning bolts in their general direction. Enthir pulled out his sword and began to fend off the soldiers trying to cut off the exit.

Endya and the guard meanwhile could hear the fighting down the hallway. Endya drew out a knife and prepared herself. Down the secret escape however, the two of them could hear footsteps ''they'll never see us coming'' said the voice of a gruff Bosmer. The Senche ran down the tunnel and took a quick turn left. A few moments later Endya could hear shouting. ''He can handle himself'' she mumbled, heading back towards the courtyard.

Dro'Araaj hid in the shadows as a group of thalmor passed, then silently moved after them, his poison silenced those affected by it, so they could not cry out as he killed them, and several bodies had hit the ground by the time any of the ones at the front of the group noticed something was wrong, and by that point he had darted off, heading towards the courtyard.

Lloden drew his silver sword, and stood against the wall, waiting. He heard the shouts after khjiit's attack, and grinned to himself.
Clever cat.
He watched a few thalmor pass, heading for the throne. He lunged out with his sword towards the middle of the group, and struck down two before the rest even had time to react. He would hold the rest, come what may. He parried and struck easily, almost weightlessly. He wasn't killing many- he was mostly fighting defensively- but only a few of the group made it by him to the throne, towards the mages.

Joncis crouched against a pillar as arrows and magic smashed through the area. He looked around to see Astoph and Vargmir holding off about a dozen Imga near the throne room, he rushed to join them but was knocked to the ground by a stray lightning bolt. An altmer dressed in glass armor with a scar lining his cheek aimed his glowing hand at Joncis' face ''Give us the Scrolls'' he ordered. Joncis reached for his pocket as the Altmer grinned. As he looked up to his men to come closer, Joncis seized the opportunity by tripping the officer to the ground with one of his legs and scrambling to his feet attempting to reach the exit.

Enthir was trying to hold the exit open as Dominion soldiers closed in. He slashed his sword through a few Bosmer before being forced to draw up a ward to stop incoming fire. Enthir was backed against the stone archway and caught a glimpse of the fighting. ''We need to go, NOW!'' he shouted, ripping a bow from one of the Altmer and smashing it over its head.

Endya came out of the archway on the other side of the courtyard and immediately ducked from a row of arrows coming her way. She scrurried towards Dro'Araaj and Urgal, the former was using his staff to clear a way to Vargmir and Astoph. ''The exit has soldiers in it too, we need to all leave now!'' she barked, drawing her knives and jamming them into the backs of several Imga.
Joncis got to her and the others immediately after they finished them off. ''Enthir.'' he told them breathlessly, pointing towards the exit, where he was barely holding off the group of soldiers. The Dominion officer threw a bolt of lightning at Endya, where Astoph jumped in the way of, his armor making it fly towards one of the pillars, cutting off the soldier's entrance. With all of his strength, Joncis held up a ward to protect them ''Go! Araaj, give me whatever you have to keep me up''

Anruin stayed behind the pack, deciding to use his bow.
'How retro' he thought, a wry smile on his face. He managed to snipe down a few, but for the most part he was taking potshots to keep them at bay. the less work the guys up front have to do the better.

He ran out of arrows quickly, and decided to join the front of the pack, kneeing the groin of a surprisingly brave Altmer, who thought he could take them all out? Comedy. His neck became a sheath for the silver blade for a second, before it flicked back out, Anruin giving a vicious slash to a particularly daft Bosmer, who had the same idea as the last guy.

"I'll clear out an exit!" Anruin called, before dashing off. He opened his assault with bashing his shoulder onto a stocky Bosmer, regaining his balance quickly before aiming another slash at the neck of an Altmer mage. The result wasn't pretty, and another Bosmer decided perhaps running into the wood chipper shaped like Anruins friends might be better. Anruin grabbed him by the neck, and swung him in the direction of an arrow. He used the body of the bleeding bosmer to advance, slowly onto the archer. When he got close enough, Anruin decided to pull an Endya and threw a dagger at the archer. The hilt bonked him on the nose, and although not the intended action, Anruin used it anyways, pushing his mer shaped shield to the side, running his silver blade through the archer. It was about then that he noticed he was cut off from his group, and the enemy were moving to his position.

Anruin decided to cut his loses and run back to the group, the Thalmor hadn't regrouped yet.
"New plans?" Anruin asked, taking a position next to Lloden.

ruedyn:

"New plans?" Anruin asked, taking a position next to Lloden.

"Kill them." Lloden grunted, catching his breath as the Altmer regrouped. "Nice job with that archer. He was an asshole."
There was a broken shaft of an arrow protruding from Lloden's calf, and several sword wounds on his arms and legs, but nothing too major.

SamtheDeathclaw:
"Kill them." Lloden grunted, catching his breath as the Altmer regrouped. "Nice job with that archer. He was an asshole."
There was a broken shaft of an arrow protruding from Lloden's calf, and several sword wounds on his arms and legs, but nothing too major.

"Eloquent." Anruin muttered, sending his blade to bid hello to an unfortunate altmers heart.
"I'd suggest seeing Araaj about those, or do you still have that aversion to modern medicine?"

ruedyn:
"Eloquent." Anruin muttered, sending his blade to bid hello to an unfortunate altmers heart.
"I'd suggest seeing Araaj about those, or do you still have that aversion to modern medicine?"

"Not worth the time. More rats to kill." Lloden said with a chuckle.
His silver sword was more crimson at this point, and corpses littered the path in front of him. However, as he raised his blade to charge the group, his sword slipped out of his hands and he stumbled into the wall.
He grunted. "Yeah, maybe that's a pretty good idea."
He set off to track down the cat, wherever he had ended up.

Joncis was back on his feet and holding a ward steady by Enthir, ''Where's that monk?'' he shouted, dropping the ward for a second to dodge a sword and swipe the attacker to the ground using his leg. Endya pulled a dagger from the neck of a dead Alfiq and shouted, ''Doesn't matter right now, we need to get back to the other side and reach the escape tunnel''
The High Priest could be seen jumping down from the second floor of the courtyard with half a dozen Dagi, who all unsheathed their daggers as they fell and pounced onto the nearest soldier.
As the group forced their way back through the courtyard Enthir could see the High Priest on the other side, the two looked each other in the eyes for a moment, then the old Khajiit smashed his staff into the ground and a green blast of energy engulfed them.

As the dust cleared, there was rumbling. Cracked began to emerge from the rock and the statue in the centre was falling into the ground, in front of them their exit was starting to collapse ''MOVE!'' The group darted for the exit, as did a few soldiers. The scarred Altmer shot a bolt of lightning at Joncis, he ducked from it, before Enthir levitated a bucket to conduct the blast, which exploded in the air.
More rocks fell from the walls as the Enthir and Joncis just barely made it inside. The support fell just after them, sealing them and anyone with them inside.

Josh12345:
Joncis was back on his feet and holding a ward steady by Enthir, ''Where's that monk?'' he shouted, dropping the ward for a second to dodge a sword and swipe the attacker to the ground using his leg. Endya pulled a dagger from the neck of a dead Alfiq and shouted, ''Doesn't matter right now, we need to get back to the other side and reach the escape tunnel''
The High Priest could be seen jumping down from the second floor of the courtyard with half a dozen Dagi, who all unsheathed their daggers as they fell and pounced onto the nearest soldier.
As the group forced their way back through the courtyard Enthir could see the High Priest on the other side, the two looked each other in the eyes for a moment, then the old Khajiit smashed his staff into the ground and a green blast of energy engulfed them.

As the dust cleared, there was rumbling. Cracked began to emerge from the rock and the statue in the centre was falling into the ground, in front of them their exit was starting to collapse ''MOVE!'' The group darted for the exit, as did a few soldiers. The scarred Altmer shot a bolt of lightning at Joncis, he ducked from it, before Enthir levitated a bucket to conduct the blast, which exploded in the air.
More rocks fell from the walls as the Enthir and Joncis just barely made it inside. The support fell just after them, sealing them and anyone with them inside.

Dro'Araaj had been supporting Joncis as he held up the ward, and retreated with them into the passage.

"Well now what?" He asked, cleaning the blood and poison from his hands with a rag, "There another way out or does this one have to start digging?"

Lloden had jumped on top of a dominion soldier, who looked up, stunned. Lloden pressed his elbow into the man's throat until he stopped moving, then stood dizzily.

IFS:

"Well now what?" He asked, cleaning the blood and poison from his hands with a rag, "There another way out or does this one have to start digging?"

Lloden gestured wordlessly at his wounds, which had only become more and more painful as time went on.

Anruin made it through, barely. You could barely slip a piece of paper between his back and the rubble, but he was alive. It seemed the Divine were trying to tell him something. He would ignore that for now, instead walking over to the rest of the group.

He sighed and took stock of what he had.
A bow.
No arrows.
A sword.
Potions of cure disease.
Anruin frowned.
"We need to start moving again soon."

SamtheDeathclaw:
Lloden had jumped on top of a dominion soldier, who looked up, stunned. Lloden pressed his elbow into the man's throat until he stopped moving, then stood dizzily.

IFS:

Lloden gestured wordlessly at his wounds, which had only become more and more painful as time went on.

"Ah," Dro'Araaj said, he hadn't noticed Lloden's injuries when the battle had been raging around them. He walked over and began to treat his injuries, removing arrowheads and closing wounds with his magic. LLoden's injuries stubbornly resisted his magic, but that only meant he needed to use more to get the same result.

He stepped back, his magic drained but most of Lloden's injuries healed, "Why is it that you resist magic so much, this one would think you were an atronarch with how little magic affects you," he said.

IFS:

He stepped back, his magic drained but most of Lloden's injuries healed, "Why is it that you resist magic so much, this one would think you were an atronarch with how little magic affects you," he said.

"Curses. Bloody things. Especially from daedric princes. Thanks for wasting your magic on an old codger like me." He grinned. Or perhaps it was, more appropriately, a grimace. One could never tell.
Lloden dug around in his pack- how it had survived everything so far with relatively little damage, he would never understand- but didn't find what he was looking for, a root from S'tros M'kai.
He swore quietly, then shrugged. It wasn't that important.

ruedyn:

"Right behind you, woody." he said, then inspected his companions.
They were all ragged at the edges, bleeding from small wounds. Some of their clothes were torn in places, and all of them were dirty. Lloden couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

''The tunnel leads down this way'' Joncis said, pointing down a passage.
As they moved through the tunnel the dust cleared and they could see the body of the pahmer along with about two dozen Dominion soldiers. ''Brave cat.... Endya, did he say how long this would take?....... Endya?'' Enthir looked around, ''Wait, quick headcount'' Joncis said as the dust settled.

Endya, Urgal, Vargmir and Astoph were on the other side, still in the courtyard. As the dust settled, most of the soldiers were either crushed or killed, with others dying from the ground they were standing on collapsing. ''Over there, an exit'' Endya mumbled. A small set of stairs led underground from where the High Priest smashed his staff. ''Any survivors would have went that way, and it could be OUR way out.''

SamtheDeathclaw:

IFS:

"Curses. Bloody things. Especially from daedric princes. Thanks for wasting your magic on an old codger like me." He grinned. Or perhaps it was, more appropriately, a grimace. One could never tell.
Lloden dug around in his pack- how it had survived everything so far with relatively little damage, he would never understand- but didn't find what he was looking for, a root from S'tros M'kai.
He swore quietly, then shrugged. It wasn't that important.

ruedyn:

"Right behind you, woody." he said, then inspected his companions.
They were all ragged at the edges, bleeding from small wounds. Some of their clothes were torn in places, and all of them were dirty. Lloden couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

"Daedric curses, this one knows a thing or two of them," Dro'Araaj replied, indicating the tooth, he then turned towards Joncis, Enthir, and Anruin.

"Lead the way, this one is anxious to be free of this place."

IFS:
90% of your post was quote o_O

Anruin nodded, holding his torch up. He wasn't sad to see Endya go, he personally found her annoying, and he was sure she felt the same way.

''Let's not assume the worst yet, they could have survived on the other side'' Joncis said, as they moved through the tunnel, ''Maybe, but unless the Dominion forces have been decimated I don't see them all escaping'' Enthir said back quietly.

As they continued down the tunnel, they encountered more bodies in Dominion uniform. This time though, they were missing their weapons and their bodies were already beginning to decompose ''These must have been the first wave of infantry, these bodies are bound to be at least a week old. Also look at their holsters. No weapons. The Khajiit must have scavenged them after the battle'' Enthir said, kneeling down next to a body and pointing to points of interest.

Endya and Astoph stuck to the back while Vargmir and Urgal pushed through to the newfound exit near centre of the courtyard, what was left of the enemy that put up a fight-- a few injured archers, were quickly picked off and among the dead included most of the Dagi warriors.
As they made their way down the stone slab steps they noticed a small trail of blood. At the bottom of the steps was a long poorly-lit corridor, where at the end was a dead Aldmeri soldier. He was laid out on the ground as if ready for burial ''Hmph, good to know they aren't completely faceless canon-fodder''. Just as the group rounded the corner into another corridor, Endya saw a ramp that led down into what seemed like another courtyard. The group could hear fighting when suddenly the ground seemed to shake below them. ''What in Oblivion?'' Endya mumbled.

Rumbling could be heard above them, ''Let's move faster in case this place collapses around us'' Enthir warned. Further down into the tunnel the group went there was a small draught of air seeping from a hole further up the tunnel. As they came closer Enthir and Joncis could hear fighting. ''Could be survivors from the courtyard!'' Joncis shouted. He rushed towards the opening only to find a battlefield. Dominion troops were trying to fend of a Battalion of Imperial soldiers, many were thralls, and safe near the back were about 6 necromancers commanding them.

''Shit, how have the Imperial forces came this far south?'' Enthir shouted. ''Quiet! Neither of them have seen us yet...There was probably little to no resistance along the valley here, and most of the northern Dominion forces seem to be commited to Dune right now whereas the rest of the north was steamrolled'' Joncis told him, analysing the dry battlefield, The Dominion forces are clearly outmatched but seem to either be holding out on reinforcements or are preparing to retreat. He turned to them and asked''So, plan?'' ''We wait for one side to destroy the other, then cut through, oh, and wait for Endya..'' Enthir stated, moving away from the exit ''Best to avoid that entrance. If we're spotted we're going to be in for a thrashing''

Josh12345:
Snip

"What is it with you two and Endya? I'd almost think you have a romantic interest. Watch out for bats and dust if that is the case. Also, it's my job to kill necromancers. See you guys in a little bit..." Anruin dashed off before anyone could say anything.

The Dominion didn't stop Anruin, and they treated him as one of their own as he cut down undead with his blade. He even had a small group with him, a mage, an archer, a spearman, and a cavalier.

Enthir stared at him for a moment, then answered ''We've known each other for as long as I've been a Blade, is it wrong that I'd prefer her alive? Also keep in mind her sex life probably died before we met so that probably gives you an idea of how old she is.''

Before he could finish, Anruin ran off to join the fray ''Nobody follow him, Gods did I have to spell that one out too? He's going to get himself killed.'' Enthir said angrily ''Look on the bright side, if he does die then you won't have to put up with him, besides I think he found some friends.'' Joncis told him, pointing towards the small group assisting him, oblivious to what Anruin's actual motives were.

Anruin was starting to realize how powerful the necromancers were. Their tactic of turning the armies dead against them was turning out to be quite effective. His cavalier friend had his horse taken out from under him woke Anruin up from thiks realization, and he made his way to him. The Bosmer was fine, as he was quick to assure Anruin, and he took out a short sword, ready to rejoin the battle already. The wizard (an Altmer with a permanently bored expression) used some healing on him, just to make sure. The spearman (A female Altmer) and the archer (a khajiit mercenary, from the looks of him) were holding the undead off. It seemed to Anruin that they were probably around the back, resurrecting the fallen.
"We should take care of those necromancers." Anruin mused, and the group agreed. The now ex-cavalier and the spear-woman took the lead, holding undead at bay. The archer and wizard were preoccupying themselves with the burning and shooting, respectively, of the enemy ranks. Anruin kept in the middle, using an old spell of courage. It had been awhile, but he had recently learned using magic was like riding a horse, one never forgets completely.

Lloden slumped against the wall. He hurt. All over. Just a sort of dull ache, all through him. It was distracting. He could barely manage to keep himself here mentally normally, but now with the ghostly reminders of his wounds...
He drifted away. He figured they'd wake him if he was needed. He daydreamed of happier days, and quietly rued ever having shown up at the inn, all the way back in the Imperial City.
He sighed. It had been a hell of a ride. But he wasn't sure he would do it again. They'd lost everyone along the way. Now, it was down to about five people. He counted who was still alive and with them.
Two other hirelings and Joncis, and Enthir. There were more, somewhere in the cave. But somehow, he didn't think they'd been seeing them again.
That was all. Out of a group of over a dozen at the start. It made him sad to think about.

''Lloden?'' Joncis asked, going over to tend his wounds. ''I know it looks bad now, but we can get through this. Besides a few rockslides aren't going to take out Endya, without her, Dro'Araaj and I would have never been able to take on an entire platoon of Aldmeri.'' he told him, looking over to see how Enthir was doing ''I'm fine, we just need to wait for that battle to conclude'' he mumbled as the battle raged on.
The Imperials were gaining but their corpses were being blown apart by the Dominion pyromancers. From the looks of it their top generals were killed from arrow shots and most of the Dominion side was a disordered mess, and Anruin was right in the middle of it.

Endya inspected the walls for tremors and held her hands out on the stone. ''Well, the walls aren't rumbling so it's not an earthquake or the structure collapsing in on us. It must be something else'' she said, moving up into the courtyard they arrived at a sort of balcony. The area was lit by several chandeliers and candles, below them the remaining monks were fighting off the Aldmeri invaders. The khajiit were weilding strange staffs similar to the High Priest's. ''We need to help the cats.'' Urgal shouted. ''Don't, do you really want to get involved in THAT mayhem?'' Endya barked, holding him back by the shoulder as one of the staff's blasts rebounded off a shield and exploded on a nearby wall.

Josh12345:
''Lloden?'' Joncis asked, going over to tend his wounds. ''I know it looks bad now, but we can get through this. Besides a few rockslides aren't going to take out Endya, without her, Dro'Araaj and I would have never been able to take on an entire platoon of Aldmeri.'' he told him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just brooding." Lloden forced a laugh. "I tend to do that." He waved the healing away. He wasn't hurt in a way that magic could help. He silently cursed his father, for everything. But it was looking more and more like he wouldn't get his vengeance. So Lldoden swore to himself. If he survived this insane job, he would go and burn his father's home to the ground. He had waited too long.

Lloden watched the battle raging outside without interest. The Imperials looked to be gaining ground, and Anruin was fighting on the Dominion side. That couldn't bode well.
Why are the Cyrodiilics even here? Is our package that well-known? It certainly wasn't known to us.
He sighed, and leaned his head against the wall.

Things were starting to get confusing on Anruins end. Nothing but a flurry of slashes and dead. He was sure of one thing though, the cavalier was dead. Or at least Anruin hoped so, he looked like a pin-cushion at this point. His hopes were dashed when the gravely injured man grabbed his ankle.
"Win this. Please." the mer rasped, before finally kicking the bucket. Anruin planned on following that advice since the beginning, but was starting to doubt himself. They had so many forces...
He shoved that out of his head. Every time he thought that way he ended up injured. This was the hour for confidence.
"Behind me!" The mage called, and the group complied. The mer released a chain lightning spell, dropping a cluster of Imperials. The archer took this chance, and took a shot at a nearby officer, ordering his troops for what could've been the death blow against Anruins new allies. The arrow didn't outright kill the man, but arrow-gut doesn't do any favors for speeches and yelling. Especially when the arrow had powerful poison applied to it. The khajiits face turned into a smirk as he went about his old job, shooting people who got too close. He was especially needed now, now that the cavalier was no longer covering the spear-woman. She did her job well, despite this. Anruins orders were starting to sound incoherent to even himself, and he took a second to stop, and look around. They had managed to cut a large hole in the enemy line, but the Thalmor weren't capitalizing on this. In fact, it seemed like they were doing nothing. A memory occurred to Anruin suddenly, wizards are the officers amongst the Thalmor. Anruin looked to their mage, and decided to ask him,
"Who is in charge of our forces?" the mage turned to him, and simply said,
"Our general is in the temple, we are waiting for him to get out to give us orders." Anruin held in his sigh. Of course he was. Probably dead, too.
"Retreat!" Anruin called, to the surprise of his group. They weren't doing well per-se, but they were alive. They complied regardless, figuring what choice did they truly have.

The group followed Anruin, and Anruin marched towards his groups position. He figured the Thalmor wouldn't turn on them just yet, as they didn't seem to know what was happening in the temple. On the way back, when they were out of the battlefield, Anruin decided it was time for introductions.
"What are your names? I figure I've shed blood with you all, you at least owe me that." Anruin said with a slight smile. The khajiit went first.
"Ra'Joto." He said, faintly. He was probably still in shock, Anurin figured. The mage was next.
"Arch-Mage Areldur." He looked bored as usual, taking in his surroundings. The spear-woman hesitated, but after a moment of silence and walking, she piped up with,
"Medora. My name is Medora." It was about then that Anruins group found his old one, and Anruin walked up to Enthir.\
"You were right, far too many of them. I'm sorry." Anruin practically whispered the last part.

ruedyn:
Things were starting to get confusing on Anruins end. Nothing but a flurry of slashes and dead. He was sure of one thing though, the cavalier was dead. Or at least Anruin hoped so, he looked like a pin-cushion at this point. His hopes were dashed when the gravely injured man grabbed his ankle.
"Win this. Please." the mer rasped, before finally kicking the bucket. Anruin planned on following that advice since the beginning, but was starting to doubt himself. They had so many forces...
He shoved that out of his head. Every time he thought that way he ended up injured. This was the hour for confidence.
"Behind me!" The mage called, and the group complied. The mer released a chain lightning spell, dropping a cluster of Imperials. The archer took this chance, and took a shot at a nearby officer, ordering his troops for what could've been the death blow against Anruins new allies. The arrow didn't outright kill the man, but arrow-gut doesn't do any favors for speeches and yelling. Especially when the arrow had powerful poison applied to it. The khajiits face turned into a smirk as he went about his old job, shooting people who got too close. He was especially needed now, now that the cavalier was no longer covering the spear-woman. She did her job well, despite this. Anruins orders were starting to sound incoherent to even himself, and he took a second to stop, and look around. They had managed to cut a large hole in the enemy line, but the Thalmor weren't capitalizing on this. In fact, it seemed like they were doing nothing. A memory occurred to Anruin suddenly, wizards are the officers amongst the Thalmor. Anruin looked to their mage, and decided to ask him,
"Who is in charge of our forces?" the mage turned to him, and simply said,
"Our general is in the temple, we are waiting for him to get out to give us orders." Anruin held in his sigh. Of course he was. Probably dead, too.
"Retreat!" Anruin called, to the surprise of his group. They weren't doing well per-se, but they were alive. They complied regardless, figuring what choice did they truly have.

The group followed Anruin, and Anruin marched towards his groups position. He figured the Thalmor wouldn't turn on them just yet, as they didn't seem to know what was happening in the temple. On the way back, when they were out of the battlefield, Anruin decided it was time for introductions.
"What are your names? I figure I've shed blood with you all, you at least owe me that." Anruin said with a slight smile. The khajiit went first.
"Ra'Joto." He said, faintly. He was probably still in shock, Anurin figured. The mage was next.
"Arch-Mage Areldur." He looked bored as usual, taking in his surroundings. The spear-woman hesitated, but after a moment of silence and walking, she piped up with,
"Medora. My name is Medora." It was about then that Anruins group found his old one, and Anruin walked up to Enthir.\
"You were right, far too many of them. I'm sorry." Anruin practically whispered the last part.

''Well then why in Gods' names did you bring them back here?! Now the Imperials will follow us now where they would have instead gone through the front entrance. Besides, what makes you think they won't kill us? I'm a Blade and we have 3 Scrolls with us! You're not calling the shots here, get that through your thick skull!'' As Enthir shouted out at him, Joncis, meanwhile, grabbed the attention of Dro'Araaj and reached for a few potions. ''Perfect. Enthir, calm down, admittedly that was a stupid thing for Anruin to do, but its a small team and if we're lucky the others won't notice them leaving, if not, we retreat back up the tunnels.'' He turned to Anruin and handed him some potions ''Run out to them and drink these, they'll make you all invisible long enough so they don't actually SEE you entering the cave. No GO! Before they reach the entrance!'' he ordered, almost forcing him to down one of the potions and kicking him out of the tunnel and into the battlefield.

Urgal and Vargmir jumped down anyway to join the fight, and were immediately forced behind some rubble near the wall. Endya sighed and took the stairs down, with Astoph whipping out his sword that appeared to have similar qualities that his armor had. As a bolt of green energy missed a Dominion soldier, Astoph blocked it with his sword and it was sent whizzing off in the other direction .Endya, meanwhile was slicing up any that crossed her path.
When they reached the landing, Endya ducked from a green bolt as it hit Astoph full blast in the chest, throwing him on the ground ''...His armor probably sustained the hit'' she said to herself, before joining Urgal and Vargmir behind the stone rubble ''Stay down this time, until we have them whittled down we shouldn't fight back''
The battle seemed to be one of attrition at this point, with the half dozen or so monks firing energy at the battalion from their staffs, and any attempt at strategy from the several dozen Dominion soldiers failing miserably.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here