Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . . . 40 NEXT

Josh12345:
''Well then why in Gods' names did you bring them back here?! Now the Imperials will follow us now where they would have instead gone through the front entrance. Besides, what makes you think they won't kill us? I'm a Blade and we have 3 Scrolls with us! You're not calling the shots here, get that through your thick skull!'' As Enthir shouted out at him, Joncis, meanwhile, grabbed the attention of Dro'Araaj and reached for a few potions. ''Perfect. Enthir, calm down, admittedly that was a stupid thing for Anruin to do, but its a small team and if we're lucky the others won't notice them leaving, if not, we retreat back up the tunnels.'' He turned to Anruin and handed him some potions ''Run out to them and drink these, they'll make you all invisible long enough so they don't actually SEE you entering the cave. No GO! Before they reach the entrance!'' he ordered, almost forcing him to down one of the potions and kicking him out of the tunnel and into the battlefield.

"We can hear you! Ears." Areldur said to Enthir,
"And potions aren't necessary. It looks like the temple is collapsed, with our general still inside. Until further notice, I'm in charge, and I plan on ending the fight. We would appreciate it if a Blade was with us on our attempt to parley. So appreciative, we'd let you pass to your destination without incident." Medora raised a skeptic eyebrow, and Joto chuckled, walking over to Araaj.
"So what is this ones story, hmm?" The khajiit asked, putting an arm on Araajs shoulder, "Mercenary, or have the imperials finally ended their silly prejudices and let you join with, what did Ary call it, Blade?"
Areldeur continued his negotiation with Enthir, and Anruin got up off his arse. It was then Anruin noticed something, the longer a potion remains in your mouth, the more its' ingredients taste becomes apparent. He spit it out quickly, the aftertaste of Giants Toe still in his mouth.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
''Well then why in Gods' names did you bring them back here?! Now the Imperials will follow us now where they would have instead gone through the front entrance. Besides, what makes you think they won't kill us? I'm a Blade and we have 3 Scrolls with us! You're not calling the shots here, get that through your thick skull!'' As Enthir shouted out at him, Joncis, meanwhile, grabbed the attention of Dro'Araaj and reached for a few potions. ''Perfect. Enthir, calm down, admittedly that was a stupid thing for Anruin to do, but its a small team and if we're lucky the others won't notice them leaving, if not, we retreat back up the tunnels.'' He turned to Anruin and handed him some potions ''Run out to them and drink these, they'll make you all invisible long enough so they don't actually SEE you entering the cave. No GO! Before they reach the entrance!'' he ordered, almost forcing him to down one of the potions and kicking him out of the tunnel and into the battlefield.

"And potions aren't necessary. It looks like the temple is collapsed, with our general still inside. Until further notice, I'm in charge, and I plan on ending the fight. We would appreciate it if a Blade was with us on our attempt to parley. So appreciative, we'd let you pass to your destination without incident." Medora raised a skeptic eyebrow, and Joto chuckled, walking over to Araaj.
"So what is this ones story, hmm?" The khajiit asked, putting an arm on Araajs shoulder, "Mercenary, or have the imperials finally ended their silly prejudices and let you join with, what did Ary call it, Blade?"
Areldeur continued his negotiation with Enthir, and Anruin got up off his arse. It was then Anruin noticed something, the longer a potion remains in your mouth, the more its' ingredients taste becomes apparent. He spit it out quickly, the aftertaste of Giants Toe still in his mouth.

''We WERE planning on sneaking past, but apparently the Bosmer has different plans.'' Enthir said angrily, motioning them further into the tunnel. While inside, Joncis walked over to them and said, ''don't mind him, a few from our group may or may not have been caught in the avalanche, and there's a battle brewing just outside our only point of exit.'' He checked outside, the battle continued to rage on and was nearing its end, with the Imperial side down to about 50 thralls and all 6 necromancers, while the Dominion had about 3 dozen men with barely any co-operation between them, Joncis turned to Ereldur and asked ''Sorry, but a few questions out of the way before we know you won't attempt to kill us. First, how did you know Enthir was a Blade? Dominion forces have been trying to kill him or the other one since Arenthia- yes, we were at that calamity.
Secondly, the rest of the army want this place torched, why wouldn't you kill us? No witnesses clause and everything.
And lastly, well, you ARE Dominion soldiers, you're army doesn't exactly endorse racial equality or the most kind-hearted of individuals'' he said, asking the last one desperately trying not to sound intentionally racist before sitting on a rock while pulling out some fish to eat.

Endya, Vargmir and Urgal were still perched behind the rubble. Endya peeked her head out to get a glimpse of their surroundings: There was a small path that led out of the courtyard as the battle continued, only a couple of monks were left and about 20 Dominion soldiers remained. The High Priest was trying to reach shelter before a lightning bolt sent his body hurling into the nearest pillar.
''Alright, let's go!'' Endya shouted, running for the escape, she shot two knives into the Dominion's closely-knit formation, and as two bodies hit the floor Urgal sprang up to join the 2 monks left standing and picked up one of the staffs. It was glowing green and had a sharp emerald bottom, almost as if used as a spear for close-combat.
Urgal took a short glance at it ''hmph, magic'' he mumbled, before chucking it like a javelin into the torso of a soldier. He laughed as he began to pick up more.
Meanwhile Vargmir pulled out his massive battleaxe and slowly made his way towards where Astoph was, swinging his axe while doing so at any troops unfortunate enough to cross his path, sending several a few metres to the side (and up) doing to.

Josh12345:
''We WERE planning on sneaking past, but apparently the Bosmer has different plans.'' Enthir said angrily, motioning them further into the tunnel. While inside, Joncis walked over to them and said, ''don't mind him, a few from our group may or may not have been caught in the avalanche, and there's a battle brewing just outside our only point of exit.'' He checked outside, the battle continued to rage on and was nearing its end, with the Imperial side down to about 50 thralls and all 6 necromancers, while the Dominion had about 3 dozen men with barely any co-operation between them, Joncis turned to Ereldur and asked ''Sorry, but a few questions out of the way before we know you won't attempt to kill us. First, how did you know Enthir was a Blade? Dominion forces have been trying to kill him or the other one since Arenthia- yes, we were at that calamity.
Secondly, the rest of the army want this place torched, why wouldn't you kill us? No witnesses clause and everything.
And lastly, well, you ARE Dominion soldiers, you're army doesn't exactly endorse racial equality or the most kind-hearted of individuals'' he said, asking the last one desperately trying not to sound intentionally racist before sitting on a rock while pulling out some fish to eat.

"He is carrying the correct sword, whether he is current or ex-Blade doesn't matter. His presence can change the outcome of negotiation." Areldur cleared his throat, continuing on.
"We owe your Bosmer, and as you can see our army is broken. We couldn't do much anyways. As for our army, I can hardly change things, can I?" He leaned closer and spoke quietly.
"And what of Arenthia? My family lived there, what has happened?" His composure was broken slightly but was regained quickly.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

"He is carrying the correct sword, whether he is current or ex-Blade doesn't matter. His presence can change the outcome of negotiation." Areldur cleared his throat, continuing on.
"We owe your Bosmer, and as you can see our army is broken. We couldn't do much anyways. As for our army, I can hardly change things, can I?" He leaned closer and spoke quietly.
"And what of Arenthia? My family lived there, what has happened?" His composure was broken slightly but was regained quickly.

Joncis stopped with the fish and looked at Enthir ''well, to be honest I wasn't there when it happened, it's, well Enthir can probably tell you'' he said quietly. ''Good eye on the sword though.'' Enthir moved his eyes around. No one else was there, he had to explain ''Alright, we'll work together. When that battle is over, we will be able to finish off the Imperials. Sorry, but this is a battle the others in your army won't survive... now, a few weeks back, some Justiciars entered Arenthia, claiming to look for spies. In doing so, they burned down the town. Most of the trees uprooted and headed to Falinesti or Silvenar and any that weren't living at the ground level were probably safe. Sorry if any of your kin were but I didn't see any mer living down there.'' he finished, taking a step back in case something sets any of the soldiers off.

ruedyn:

"Hah, the day the imperials forget their prejudices is the day that this one becomes the tenth of their divines," Dro'Araaj said, smiling at the friendly khajiit, "Besides being a mercenary pays better than serving their emperor."

He noticed Anruin spitting out the potion, and shook his head, if the elf thought the taste of that was bad he ought to try sampling raw ingredients with a heightened sense of smell. he turned back to the khajiit, "This one is called Dro'Araaj, what is your name my friend?"

Josh12345:
snip

Areldur sighed, with both relief and frustration at his army. Burning Civilian provinces you own was about the worst thing you can do.
"Thank you, my family was near the top. I was hoping you could call for Parley, it's the only way we can save my men. We will need to do it soon though."

IFS:
snip

The younger Khajiit chuckled lightly,
"This one is Ra'Joto, good to meet a kinsman. Even under these... Um... what's the word, circumcision? Circa something." Joto smiled,
"So how much are they paying you? I might want to get in on this..." He spoke quietly, casting glances at Areldur.
"We number 10 men, counting this one. 5 like us, 2 Redguard, a Nord, and an Orc. What are our chances of getting in?"

Endya was clutching two of her knives when she was surrounded by several soldiers. She jabbed the one closest to her in the neck while ducking a sword slash. and threw one of them at an attacker before jumping to the floor as a blast of green took out the remaining soldiers. She reached the exit and pulled one of the staffs from the chest of a Dominion trooper. ''One of the others will probably enjoy this.'' she mumbled, hooking it up to a strap on her back.
Vargmir finally reached Astoph who was either unconcious or dead. He grabbed Astoph by the arm and threw him onto his back. Fending off Dominion soldiers while doing so. ''Hurry up!'' Endya shouted, picking up a few arrow pouches and throwing their contents. Urgal picked up the last staff he could find and met up with Endya ''The monks are all dead. Where' Vargmir'' he shouted, Endya pointed to the far end of the courtyard. Urgal through the staff towards the crowd of the last dozen or so soldiers that were trying to kill Vargmir. This time the luminous sphere at the end smashed into the ground on impact and a blast of energy was causing the ground to shake. The walls were shaking again and debris fell from the ceiling ''In the tunnel!'' Endya screeched. She pulled Urgal in before a pillar crushed him. Sealing the two of them from Vargmir and Astoph as more of the courtyard caved in on itself.
''Shit'' Endya mumbled. picking up a torch and lighting it, revealing another narrow tunnel. It was just her and Urgal now.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
snip

Areldur sighed, with both relief and frustration at his army. Burning Civilian provinces you own was about the worst thing you can do.
"Thank you, my family was near the top. I was hoping you could call for Parley, it's the only way we can save my men. We will need to do it soon though."

IFS:
snip

"This one is Ra'Joto, good to meet a kinsman. Even under these... Um... what's the word, circumcision? Circa something." Joto smiled,
"So how much are they paying you? I might want to get in on this..." He spoke quietly, casting glances at Areldur.
"We number 10 men, counting this one. 5 like us, 2 Redguard, a Nord, and an Orc. What are our chances of getting in?"

Enthir took a look at the mer for a moment then explained. ''truth be told, they wouldn't listen to me even if I wanted to call for parley, the Imperial province is under..... new management for now, one that couldn't give a skeever's ass about the Blades unless they uncovered some game-changing stuff''

ruedyn:

"Circumstances, and as for our pay it is not this one's place to discuss it, though this one will say that it is never enough, as this one is sure you have learned," he glanced at the group that Joto was referring to, they all looked fairly capable, and certainly they had managed to survive thus far, he turned back to Joto and began to speak in the khajiit language, "You would have to speak with this one's employer regarding that, if you have a good reputation then you might stand a chance."

IFS:

ruedyn:

"Circumstances, and as for our pay it is not this one's place to discuss it, though this one will say that it is never enough, as this one is sure you have learned," he glanced at the group that Joto was referring to, they all looked fairly capable, and certainly they had managed to survive thus far, he turned back to Joto and began to speak in the khajiit language, "You would have to speak with this one's employer regarding that, if you have a good reputation then you might stand a chance."

''How in the name of all that is holy did the Dominion allow 2 Redguars, a nord and an Orc into their ranks? Better yet, WHY? They either would join the Pact or Covenant what with Hammerfell barely securing it's own borders and Falkreathold being steamrolled by the Imperials'' Joncis chimed in inquisitively.

Josh12345:
Enthir took a look at the mer for a moment then explained. ''truth be told, they wouldn't listen to me even if I wanted to call for parley, the Imperial province is under..... new management for now, one that couldn't give a skeever's ass about the Blades unless they uncovered some game-changing stuff''

"Of course. Why would things be easy?" He sighed, with even more frustration, rubbing his temples.
"Can we at least TRY to jump in? Or at least send a message to the rest of the mercenaries, they could help if you want to kill them." Areldurs brain was going fast thinking up battle plans.

IFS:

Joto smiled at his new friends slyness, and replied back in their tongue.
"This one is sure it's better than Thalmor wages. They have a tendency to not negotiate. I won't bring it up yet, but where is the next city you're going to? I could go there with my friends, and we'll apply."

Joto turned to Joncis,
"Because, they don't want their ranks on the front lines when the arrows are coming down. Shut up Arry, you know it's true." Joto laughed, and Medora chuckled lightly.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

"Of course. Why would things be easy?" He sighed, with even more frustration, rubbing his temples.
"Can we at least TRY to jump in? Or at least send a message to the rest of the mercenaries, they could help if you want to kill them." Areldurs brain was going fast thinking up battle plans.

IFS:

"This one is sure it's better than Thalmor wages. They have a tendency to not negotiate. I won't bring it up yet, but where is the next city you're going to? I could go there with my friends, and we'll apply."

''Our plan seems solid enough but if you want to go and get yourself killed by all mea-'' ''For fuck's sake Enthir can you stop being so jaded for a minute'' Joncis shouted over.

ruedyn:

Dro'Araaj thought for a moment, "This one does not remember where the next stop is, and he is not sure he has the right to tell you regardless, his employer is far too secretive, he would be better off if he announced his business to the world, no one would believe him and he would be left alone," he sighed, "This one would recommend you speak with him about it, perhaps he will hire you to help us get to the next city."

Josh12345:
snip

"Your plan is to wait for my friends to die so you can sneak attack. Why in fucking Oblivion do you think I'd go along with that?"

IFS:
Dro'Araaj thought for a moment, "This one does not remember where the next stop is, and he is not sure he has the right to tell you regardless, his employer is far too secretive, he would be better off if he announced his business to the world, no one would believe him and he would be left alone," he sighed, "This one would recommend you speak with him about it, perhaps he will hire you to help us get to the next city."

Joto looked back at his friend doing his version of yelling at someone, i.e talking slightly louder at Enthir.
"It can wait." He reverted to their tongue and continued,
"So, I think we can do some scouting, if you'd like? I need to pull the guys out anyways, the Thalmor can screw themselves."

Endya and Urgal continued through the tunnel until they reached a point in the tunnel where light was pouring in from one of the walls. Endya took the staff and blasted it open. They were outside. ''Evening already?'' Endya said, looking around, they were a few metres off the ground. Urgal was ready to jump down when Endya grabbed him by the shoulder. ''Look'' she said, pointing towards the massive battle that was going on ''Shit, the Empire is here too!?'' she said, kneeling down in an attempt to not attract attention. ''Looks like they are almost done, only about 20 Aldmeri left'' She said as any trying to retreat were picked off by the necromancers on the small ridge overlooking the battlefield. Only about 30 of their thralls remained but they were going to win this battle.

Enthir took a look outside ''the battle should be ending soon. Eat whatever you can now, this may be your last meal'' he said quietly before turning to Areldur ''Best to catch them off guard or we won't have a chance. Besides your friends were killing us earlier so who's to say they won't try again. Sucks, I know, but its either this or us all dying''

Josh12345:
Enthir took a look outside ''the battle should be ending soon. Eat whatever you can now, this may be your last meal'' he said quietly before turning to Areldur ''Best to catch them off guard or we won't have a chance. Besides your friends were killing us earlier so who's to say they won't try again. Sucks, I know, but its either this or us all dying''

Areldur looked around lamely, but could find no other solution, other than to just go berserk. And he couldn't do that. He sighed and sat down on a rock, burying his face in his hands.

*Pretend this is after IFS post.* Joto sighed, content, and decided to pull out a lute, and played. To the group, it was light dinner music, but too his friends in the battlefield, it was a signal. A khajiit turned to a Redguard driving a greatsword through some Imperials.
"Do you hear that?" The redguard stopped and listened, and ran to the Nord, who was fighting a group of Imperials with a pair of Ebony daggers. The redguard chopped them all in two.
"The retreat song is being played. Spread the message." The nord nodded, and sprinted off, while the original Khajiit and the Redguard ran to the song, quietly. The Nord ran to the Orc, an exceptionally large one, fighting with an imperial officer. It was clear he was playing with him, breaking limbs savagely with his axe, deliberately dulled. The orc ran to the song as the Nord continued the secret retreat.

ruedyn:
Joto looked back at his friend doing his version of yelling at someone, i.e talking slightly louder at Enthir.
"It can wait." He reverted to their tongue and continued,
"So, I think we can do some scouting, if you'd like? I need to pull the guys out anyways, the Thalmor can screw themselves."

"Talk to Enthir, not this one," Dro'Araaj said, pointing out his employer, "This one would be glad to have another khajiit along, so if he is asked he will put in a good word, but he can promise nothing more."

Endya was watching the battlefield intently as Urgal drank some water and cleaned his maces, ''They're... all retreating. Urgal look, all of the Dominion soldiers are running off. This could be our chance.''the soldiers ran off with most of the thralls giving chase.

''They aren't coming back here are they?'' Enthir asked the Khajiit.

Josh12345:

Joto looked at the battlefield. They successfully retreated, leaving 10 confused Thalmor. Joto smiled.
"To check out the noise. After that, we go where we must. Tell me, are you hiring?" Arendur was too busy engrossing himself with some fish to notice.

The retreating party was moving quickly. Then an arrow hit on of the Reduards.
"Fuck, they're following. Arlo, Lenskir, kill them quickly and catch up!" One of the Redguard and the Nord nodded, and cut off the thralls. Arlo was quickly shot down, and Lenskir used the body to move, holding his fallen friend as a human shield. When he got close enough, his daggers made quick work of them, and he ran to the sound to catch up.

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

Joto looked at the battlefield. They successfully retreated, leaving 10 confused Thalmor. Joto smiled.
"To check out the noise. After that, we go where we must. Tell me, are you hiring?" Arendur was too busy engrossing himself with some fish to notice.

The retreating party was moving quickly. Then an arrow hit on of the Reduards.
"Fuck, they're following. Arlo, Lenskir, kill them quickly and catch up!" One of the Redguard and the Nord nodded, and cut off the thralls. Arlo was quickly shot down, and Lenskir used the body to move, holding his fallen friend as a human shield. When he got close enough, his daggers made quick work of them, and he ran to the sound to catch up.

Enthir looked at him puzzled, then answered ''We have some business to take care of, private, meet us in Corinthe if you want, we'll meet you there in a week'' He said, looking over the destruction, only about a dozen thralls were left defending the necromancers while the rest chased the thalmor ''now seems like as good a chance we're going to get, we all ready?'' Joncis asked.

Josh12345:
[Enthir looked at him puzzled, then answered ''We have some business to take care of, private, meet us in Corinthe if you want, we'll meet you there in a week'' He said, looking over the destruction, only about a dozen thralls were left defending the necromancers while the rest chased the thalmor ''now seems like as good a chance we're going to get, we all ready?'' Joncis asked.

Jotos smile turned into a full out grin. It was about then that the Mercenary got to the camp.
"Joto, where to?"
"Corinthe. We have a week." Joto turned back to the group.
"This one has to leave with them, we will meet you there. Good luck." And with that, they all marched off, hounded by the scoffing of Arendur.
"Mercenary, never TRULY reliable. Tell me, Joncis. You are a Breton, so I assume you are a mage. What is your area of expertise?"

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
[Enthir looked at him puzzled, then answered ''We have some business to take care of, private, meet us in Corinthe if you want, we'll meet you there in a week'' He said, looking over the destruction, only about a dozen thralls were left defending the necromancers while the rest chased the thalmor ''now seems like as good a chance we're going to get, we all ready?'' Joncis asked.

Jotos smile turned into a full out grin. It was about then that the Mercenary got to the camp.
"Joto, where to?"
"Corinthe. We have a week." Joto turned back to the group.
"This one has to leave with them, we will meet you there. Good luck." And with that, they all marched off, hounded by the scoffing of Arendur.
"Mercenary, never TRULY reliable. Tell me, Joncis. You are a Breton, so I assume you are a mage. What is your area of expertise?"

''Well, as well as common sense. As in, less soldiers means less bloodshed, which means an easier fight, I was raised in Wayrest and educated there. My father's the steward and helps the king, as in the man currently in charge of the Daggerfall Covenant. I was taught all the basic stuff and then some, among that was military strategy and tactics, so even if I haven't had as much first hand experience basically I'm the only one here -aside from Enthir, who has done the crap necessary to professionally lead a battalion in the military'' He said modestly ''that answer your question? Oh, I also have mastered conjuration and restoration magic, and I'm currently training in Destruction magic''

Josh12345:
''Well, as well as common sense. As in, less soldiers means less bloodshed, which means an easier fight, I was raised in Wayrest and educated there. My father's the steward and helps the king, as in the man currently in charge of the Daggerfall Covenant. I was taught all the basic stuff and then some, among that was military strategy and tactics, so even if I haven't had as much first hand experience basically I'm the only one here -aside from Enthir, who has done the crap necessary to professionally lead a battalion in the military'' He said modestly ''that answer your question? Oh, I also have mastered conjuration and restoration magic, and I'm currently training in Destruction magic''

"Actually, that completely ignores my question in favor of a new one." He listened to his addendum.
"THAT answers my question. Still, you are a son of a rival nations Steward. Hardly a prime target, but I'd suggest being less open about it. As it happens, I've trained many in destruction magic. Would you like a few tips?"

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

"Actually, that completely ignores my question in favor of a new one." He listened to his addendum.
"THAT answers my question. Still, you are a son of a rival nations Steward. Hardly a prime target, but I'd suggest being less open about it. As it happens, I've trained many in destruction magic. Would you like a few tips?"

''Ice runes NEVER work, and lightning is best for long range'' He said jokingly, ''So we ready to strike?'' he asked ''I am'' said Enthir ''Anyone else?''

Josh12345:
snip

Areldur chuckled lightly, and raised his hand.
"I'm ready." Anruin raised his as well, and so did Medora.

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

''Ice runes NEVER work, and lightning is best for long range'' He said jokingly, ''So we ready to strike?'' he asked ''I am'' said Enthir ''Anyone else?''

Dro'Araaj nodded, "This one is," he said, checking his diminishing supply of potions, he would need to make more soon, good thing he had bought all those ingredients earlier.

Enthir left the cave first and walked openly towards the necromancers ''HALT!'' the hooded Imperial said, stepping off the ridge and moving towards Enthir

''What the- Enthir?'' she said to herself. ''that's not good.'' Urgal said ''well at least HE'S alive!'' Endya responded.

''What are you doing out here?'' the necromancer barked loudly ''Well, I just wanted to see what all the commotion was about.'' he said completely straight-faced ''I'm a Blade, I was told to scout south by General....Armenius'' he pulled out his sword as proof ''Oh, well then head south, we could do with some good ne-'' Enthir removed the sword from the Imperial's abdomen.

Joncis was looking out the cave when he saw the body drop to the ground, along with the thralls he was controlling. ''That's our queue,'' he said, sprinting towards the group and shooting a blast of lightning at the crowd. ''Chezik, yolas!'' he shouted, and immediately his flame atronach made it rain firebolts.

Enthir ducked and made his way to cover behind a rock as the thralls tried to dodge the firebolts. ''Stop him!'' a robed necromancer shouted, as a barrage of Fire and Lightning was sent in Enthir's general direction.

Endya and Urgal watched the carnage unfold ''Get down there, I'll cover them from here'' ''but ho-'' ''Just get down there!'' she shouted back, grudgingly, Urgal jumped from the opening about a metre down onto a pile of rocks, where he was able to scale down with relative ease. He pulled out 2 maces and ran for the necromancers. ''First time, here's hoping magic has auto-targetting'' Endya said to herself, shooting a blast of green energy into the battle.

Joncis had reached the battlefield and was able to blast away a thrall before a stream of green light coming from the mountainside landed a hit on one of the necromancers, blowing his arm clean off''WHAT was that?'' Joncis shouted.

Lloden sat against the wall, watching the proceedings without interest. It seemed like Anruin was bringing more new people to the group.
Because this worked out so well last time.
He sighed, and leaned his head back against the wall, thinking of happier times. The few of them he'd had, anyways.

Josh12345:
snip.

Dro'Araaj was startled by the light, and he moved towards the back of the group, "Perhaps the gods have taken to smiting our enemies for us, it would be surprisingly useful of them to do so."

He glanced at where the light had seemed to come from, trying to see if he could find its source, or at least a warning if it fired again.

Anruin took to the front of the group, slicing things as they came. He figured the green light was friendly, perhaps the trapped group made it out.

Areldur was curious, though not enough to pursue the thing. He was covering Joncis, using wards and healing magic, occasionally renewing his Stone Skin spell.

Medora didn't care about the light, so long as it kept helping them. She stuck around Araaj, making sure nothing got close to him.

Endya tried to get a better grip of the staff and fired again. This time it hitting the ground, sending a few thralls flying. ''Damned contraption'' she mumbled.
Urgal kept running towards the necromancers, and as the green blast flew over his head he was unlucky, one of the imperials turned around and saw him. She shot an ice spike at him, which he tried blocking but only ended up with his mace taking the hit and falling out of his hand. Figuring he had nothing to lose, he threw it at the necromancer, lodging it into her skull. He kept running, yanking it out while doing so and jumping past the other imperials and into the battle below.

Joncis held up a ward that was holding off most spells. Enthir joined him and was finishing off some of the thralls. Suddenly another blast of energy hit, knocking Joncis to the ground. When he got to his feet he shot some lightning as Urgal landed from on top of the ridge next to him ''No time, just shoot'' he said, picking up a few swords and running off ''Enthir! Urgal's alive.'' Enthir was getting to his feet as well ''what?'' he stammered ''Urgal just ran past me.''

Endya holstered the staff on her back and scaled down the rubble. As she reached the bottom, she pulled out two daggers and began sprinting towards the others. The first she threw, killing a necromancer and the other she used to deflect an arrow from a nearby thrall.

Joncis ran up the hillside from the right to help Endya, 3 of the 4 necromancers that remained were throwing all they had between them at the two of them, while the fourth seemed to be trying to call the other thralls back. Joncis dodged a few of the spells and then settled on holding up a ward. Endya was confronted by a necromancer with a shield and an ice spell and was suddenly cornered. Without so much as a second thought Endya slashed at the Imperial's throat but he dodged it, knocking her back with his shield and knocking her to the ground.

''Endya!'' Enthir shouted. Running up the slope and pulling out his sword, he knocked the shield out of the Imperial's hand and conjured his atronach to hold him off. Enthir picked up Endya and got her out of immediate danger '' -So glad that you're alive'' he told her, she smiled for a moment, then took the staff from her back and handed it to him. ''I found this underground. Very powerful, probably some use to you'' Enthir gripped the large wooden staff. He ran his hand down its smooth centre before reaching the emerald bottom ''It also works as a spear'' she added.

The necromancers seemed to have regrouped by now, Enthir's atronach was finished and their other forces- supposedly done with the Dominion army, were arriving back from the other side of the mountain.

''Shit'' Joncis mumbled, dropping his ward and getting to Endya and Enthir. ''More on the way,'' he blurted out, giving an approving nod to Endya. The three of them burst from cover and used whatever they had in their arsenal. Endya threw a dagger at record speeds, jamming it in the Imperial's chest, causing him and his thralls to slump to the floor.
Joncis went to rejoin Anruin, the Dominion soldiers, Dro'Araaj, Urgal and Iloden in holding off the new thralls while Enthir tested his new staff. He concentrated for a moment to line up a shot while running as a green burst of energy shot from the front of the weapon. It made contact with a necromancer's torso, knocking him back several metres while on fire.

Joncis kicked a thrall back and got Urgal to his feet ''We're almost through this'' he told him, handing Urgal back his mace. The thralls dropped like flies with their masters and as more fell the fight began to turn ''Let's help those two over there''

Enthir threw his staff like a javelin into the torso of one of the necromancers and pulled out his sword to engage with one of the thralls that came to aid the remaining duo of necromancers. Endya ran up and yanked the staff from the belly of the corpse and smacked an incoming thrall with it. For a moment Endya felt some satisfaction of using a hand-to-hand weapon, before it was yanked out of her hands.
''Duck!'' Joncis shouted. Enthir did as instructed as the blast of light hit the remaining necromancers, sending them hurdling into the mountains. As their bodies smacked against the rockface the remaining thralls dropped to the ground.

The battle was over and the group all converged some distance away from the bodies ''Now what?'' Urgal asked impatiently. ''We need to head south, we'll never be able to reach the desert at this rate'' Enthir told them, getting to his feet. Joncis checked the supplies, food shouldn't be an issue, neither should strength of the group. ''But we have enough manpower, assuming Anruin's new friends are willing to accompany us t-'' ''Manpower? Tell me again how many of the original team from the Imperial City are still here'' Endya responded humorously. ''...five.'' he muttered ''yep, there would be a few more but two of your friends are buried under mountain rubble'' She told him bluntly.

''So where to? Shi'Gara?'' Enthir asked them. ''No. Have you seen the size of that backwater'' Endya said back knowingly. ''To the south-east is Corinthe. Dominion presence is low there and there should be more than enough sellswords to recruit from that city.''
''Then it's settled, let's get to Corinthe.'' Joncis mumbled, taking some of the bags and leading the group off.

Urgal however, didn't follow them. ''I'm not going'' he shouted over. ''This is getting too..... big for me. I now have leads on where my brother could be, also I now own a mace of Malacath's to try out. More important to me than sorting your crap out'' Enthir rummaged through his pocket and pulled out a hefty bag of gold and tossed it towards him ''Your pay.'' Enthir called over. Urgal gave a bit of a smirk before shoving it into his satchel ''Fine doing business with you''

He said, setting off to the west and towards the forests. ''At least someone here has self-preservation tendencies'' Joncis said quietly to himself, as the group headed south-east, towards the dry scrublands.

Meldora and Anruin stood still, the group left without them. Aredlur sat with his knees tucked underneath his chin, slowly rocking back and forth. The two elves simply watched, silent. Nobody noticed the two collapse, Meldora saving Araaj from a sword thrust, Anruin turned into a pincushion by a necromancer and his pet archers. They acted as they normally would during the brutal final moments of combat, making sure the group survived. When it was over, they found a nice tree, lightly charred from an errant fireball. There they sat, for what seemed like hours.

Anruin broke the silence with a prayer he remembered the old Nord say, the old Attack Dog of Akatosh.
"Lord Akatosh lends you his might. When your own strength fails you, trust in the Nine."

And with this, the two products of last minute necromancy turned to ash. Areldurs' head drooped, and he began to cry in the field of his fallen brothers. He didn't feel mighty. After a long while, he got up, and moved to a small village he knew about. He wanted to go to the city of Arenthia, make sure his family was well. He lied about their position, but he had hope. They had to be alive, HAD to be.

Lloden looked at the small, broken group with sad eyes. He saw Anruin crumble gently into ash, and the others make plans to head south. He strode over to the tree, and drew his silver sword. He lay the blade against his lips, and said a quiet prayer to no god in particular.
He unbuckled the sheath, place the sword back in it, and leaned it gently against the tree. His road ahead would be difficult and dark, and it make it out the other side he would need to surrender to the darkness within him. To keep such a token would be the end of him and his plots.
He blinked angrily. He had grown too attached to this group, its laughing disregard for rules, its constant flux as the group splintered smaller and smaller. The great brute, Vargmir. The vampire, Luna. The potionmaster, Dro'Araaj. Their brave leaders. And Anruin. The first he met, and the only one to stay with him the whole trip.
He turned to go, a funeral marching about his heart. He couldn't bring himself to say goodbye. He hoped to meet them all again, in this life or the next.
"The gods keep you all." he whispered, slipping away from them. "The gods and the demons. I don't think even that will be enough."

And here the story of Lloden Vedas ends, for us. He slips away from his erstwhile companions to seek his own vengeance, too long in the making. Whether he ever finds his daughter or not, whether he murders his father or not, these things we do not and can not know. He makes no further marks on the history of Tamriel, this much is for certain.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked