Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 40 NEXT

Derek_the_Dodo:
snip

Anruin noticed the necklace, "Is that yours?"

mcpop9:
Luna had gather anything that she had left laying around and it wasn't much. She had set off, shadowing the group that had advanced towards the city.

Josh12345:
Joncis was amazed ''Wow, you can just sniff it and tell it's Anruin's? Well at least we know they're awake'' Enthir takes the arrow from Dro'Araaj and examines it ''We also now know there aren't any undead patrolling Skingrad, they have a few set rules in every undead soldier, one of them is to kill on sight any civilian-- or other weilding with a weapon, which would be bad for them, and good for Mages like Joncis. If undead were guarding Skingrad those two would have been killed by now''

Luna approached from the direction of the camp. "I hate Undead. if we run into any, i won't hesitate to strike them down if they show aggression to our little group. Burn them, cut them; it makes no difference to me."

"Dro'Araaj knows many spells to repel the undead, even one or two that will set them aflame," he said proudly.

IFS:

"Dro'Araaj knows many spells to repel the undead, even one or two that will set them aflame," he said proudly.

"You and me both." She said, holding her hand up and creating a flame in it. "Magic is such a wonderful thing isn't it?" Luna began. "It has the power to sustain life, give things life." She said, making the flame dance around her hand. "But also the power to destroy." she said, clenching her hand and putting the flame out. She then quickly hid her hand in the shadows of her cloak before it could give away the fact it looked like it was burning.

IFS:

mcpop9:
Luna had gather anything that she had left laying around and it wasn't much. She had set off, shadowing the group that had advanced towards the city.

Josh12345:
Joncis was amazed ''Wow, you can just sniff it and tell it's Anruin's? Well at least we know they're awake'' Enthir takes the arrow from Dro'Araaj and examines it ''We also now know there aren't any undead patrolling Skingrad, they have a few set rules in every undead soldier, one of them is to kill on sight any civilian-- or other weilding with a weapon, which would be bad for them, and good for Mages like Joncis. If undead were guarding Skingrad those two would have been killed by now''

Luna approached from the direction of the camp. "I hate Undead. if we run into any, i won't hesitate to strike them down if they show aggression to our little group. Burn them, cut them; it makes no difference to me."

Joncis has a quick think, Flames would probably be best, but frost could slow them, and would would my necromancy do to an undead? He snapped out of it and responded''Nice, but none of the other factions use undead, so we probably won't find any until they start attackig each other.''

ruedyn:
snicker snack

Lloden walked in, bundle of arrows under arm, and glanced around the well-furnished in. A table was overturned there, a chair knocked over here. But overall, less damaged than he had expected from a drunken orc.
"If you're here to cause more trouble than just get out!" the innkeeper shrieked, noticing the arrows under his arm. "Those damned fools spent all morning firing those arrows off a roof, scaring all my customers away!"
Lloden smiled, and tossed her a few coins. "Not here for trouble, ma'am. We'll be leaving before the day's out." Or we're supposed to be. We're all scattered and we may not get back together before it's time to go. Lloden sighed mentally.
He had no trouble finding the pair, and dropped the arrows on the table.
"Yours, I take it?" he grinned, and called for a cup of flin. "Been up to no good, then?"

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:
snicker snack

Lloden walked in, bundle of arrows under arm, and glanced around the well-furnished in. A table was overturned there, a chair knocked over here. But overall, less damaged than he had expected from a drunken orc.
"If you're here to cause more trouble than just get out!" the innkeeper shrieked, noticing the arrows under his arm. "Those damned fools spent all morning firing those arrows off a roof, scaring all my customers away!"
Lloden smiled, and tossed her a few coins. "Not here for trouble, ma'am. We'll be leaving before the day's out." Or we're supposed to be. We're all scattered and we may not get back together before it's time to go. Lloden sighed mentally.
He had no trouble finding the pair, and dropped the arrows on the table.
"Yours, I take it?" he grinned, and called for a cup of flin. "Been up to no good, then?"

"I have nothing to do with those," he said forgetting the previous conversation "If it had been me, the bottle on the wall wouldn't still be there. And thanks, this saves me the trouble of going to the fletcher."

mcpop9:

IFS:

"You and me both." She said, holding her hand up and creating a flame in it. "Magic is such a wonderful thing isn't it?" Luna began. "It has the power to sustain life, give things life." She said, making the flame dance around her hand. "But also the power to destroy." she said, clenching her hand and putting the flame out. She then quickly hid her hand in the shadows of her cloak before it could give away the fact it looked like it was burning.

"Right, but it also has the ability to run out very quickly if you waste it on missed spells or even the wrong spells. That why I just use my blade on it" replied Belkin, taking it out of its sheath and slicing it in the air, an audible *Swoosh* coming from it. "I've not seen a single zombie, or anything else for that matter to be honest, survive from having its head lopped off."

ruedyn:
"I have nothing to do with those," he said forgetting the previous conversation "If it had been me, the bottle on the wall wouldn't still be there. And thanks, this saves me the trouble of going to the fletcher."

Lloden chuckled. "Believe me, if I knew they were yours, I'd have left them there." He took a swig from his cup, and sighed. "Haven't had such good flin since I left Vivec." He took another. "Have you been in here causing trouble all morning? It's almost afternoon now."

Enthir grabbed everyone's attention ''OK, we're going to Skingrad now, let's go!'' Joncis was already up and on the road ,you're a bit eager aren't you?'' Enthir shouted, ''well I haven't taken a shit in nearly a day!'' Joncis called over, already nearing the gates. The guards gave him no trouble and let him pass, he headed for the closest inn, ''toilets that way?'' he pointed to his right, the innkeeper nodded, as she cleaned up the damage from last night.
Meanwhile Enthir and the rest of the group set off, with him and Dresdan at the front, and Luna allocated to babysitting (i.e. Making sure Bites-Her-Tail doesn't savage one of the guards)

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

Lloden chuckled. "Believe me, if I knew they were yours, I'd have left them there." He took a swig from his cup, and sighed. "Haven't had such good flin since I left Vivec." He took another. "Have you been in here causing trouble all morning? It's almost afternoon now."

"Really? Where has the time gone... Morrowind eh? Been there a few times. Had to stay in the underworks though, so I wouldn't know of it's greatness.

ruedyn:
"Really? Where has the time gone... Morrowind eh? Been there a few times. Had to stay in the underworks though, so I wouldn't know of it's greatness.

"I didn't stay long. I expected my father to be aft-" he cut himself off. "Anyways, it was a nice enough place. People will still rob you, but they're polite about it." A forced laugh. "Why'd you go to Vivec? Not a city many outlanders choose to go to."

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:
snip

Anruin noticed the necklace, "Is that yours?"

Urgal had ignored the question up until now, just staring at his drink. He took the amulet off from around his neck and showed it to Anruin. He figured it couldn't hurt. "The amulet is of my clan, but it's my brother's, Kaglar, since you asked. Best archer I've ever seen. Our father exiled him from our stronghold over a decade ago for breaking the code of Malacath, that was the last time I saw him. I went searching for him shortly after, but Tamriel... Tamriel is a big place. I don't know if he's dead, turned bandit, or... or what." Urgal sighed and took another swig.

"The Code of Malacath may seem strange to other races, but it's what we are. Malacath made us, we will die with his honour guiding us and die before we break our honour. Orcs are a race of exiles, to be an Orc is to be an outsider, and the code is all we have to guide us. Without it, we may as well be goblins, or ogres. Only in the past hundred years or so have we even been regarded as anything more."

"I regret that Kaglar broke the code, I realise that now. But he did what he thought was best, he probably saved my life, and he is still my brother. Still an Orc. I will find him again. One day."

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"I didn't stay long. I expected my father to be aft-" he cut himself off. "Anyways, it was a nice enough place. People will still rob you, but they're polite about it." A forced laugh. "Why'd you go to Vivec? Not a city many outlanders choose to go to."

"We heard some vampires were harassing locals there, so our group was sent to go kill them off. Pretty mundane actually."

SPARTANXIII:
"I've not seen a single zombie, or anything else for that matter to be honest, survive from having its head lopped off."

A sparkle was caugt in her eyes as she smirked. "And thats why i'm a battlemage." Luna said pulling her cloak back to reveal the sharpened Elven blade, sheathed. "My baby has lasted me well over a hundred years. and doesn't show signs of stopping anytime soon." She said, keeping an eye on the deranged argonian.

ruedyn:
"We heard some vampires were harassing locals there, so our group was sent to go kill them off. Pretty mundane actually."

Derek_the_Dodo:

"I regret that Kaglar broke the code, I realise that now. But he did what he thought was best, he probably saved my life, and he is still my brother. Still an Orc. I will find him again. One day."

"An Orc archer? Can't say I've met many of those. And none of them were from a clan. But you're right. Tamriel is a big place. However, a clansman turned bandit? I've never heard of such a thing. Your code is quite persuasive, I hear. Not many choose to abandon it." He sighed and downed his flin. He turned to Anruin. "Wait, when was this? I remember rumblings about a vampire infestation when I was there, but that was nearly forty years ago now."

Derek_the_Dodo:
snip

Anruin paused for awhile "... Your brother was alive last I saw him. Not sure now, but last I saw him he was with some mercenaries. Saved my damn life, and I won't act on your daedra worship out of his memory."

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:
"I've not seen a single zombie, or anything else for that matter to be honest, survive from having its head lopped off."

A sparkle was caugt in her eyes as she smirked. "And thats why i'm a battlemage." Luna said pulling her cloak back to reveal the sharpened Elven blade, sheathed. "My baby has lasted me well over a hundred years. and doesn't show signs of stopping anytime soon." She said, keeping an eye on the deranged argonian.

"...............Come again about the One Hundred Years?!" replied the confused Imperial, now wondering why the hell she said the blade lasted her a Hundred years, when she looked barely in her 20's, if a bit paler......oh dear god, please don't say that it means....

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

"An Orc archer? Can't say I've met many of those. And none of them were from a clan. But you're right. Tamriel is a big place. However, a clansman turned bandit? I've never heard of such a thing. Your code is quite persuasive, I hear. Not many chose to abandon it." He sighed and downed his flin. "Wait, when was this? I remember rumblings about a vampire infestation when I was there, but that was nearly forty years ago now."

"It wasn't a real infestation, so I can't claim glory for that event. It was a young couple praying on the homeless."

SPARTANXIII:
snip
"...............come again about the One Hundred Years what?!" replied the confused Imperial, now wondering why the hell she said the blade lasted her a Hundred years, when she barely in her 20's, if a bit paler......oh dear god, please don't say that it means....

"Calm down, its a disease that runs in my family. We appear not to age. It gets confusing to others. Besides, if i was a vampire, why would i be walking around in the light?" she asked him.

ruedyn:
"It wasn't a real infestation, so I can't claim glory for that event. It was a young couple praying on the homeless."

"Ah, I see, sera. On behalf of those you and yours saved, I thank you." Not all vampires were menaces, he knew, but the few who weren't rarely chose to live in cities, and were far too cunning to be caught by the sort of hunter Lloden had often met. "So, you were a vampire hunter, then?" Well of bloody course he was. Conversation never hurt, though.

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:

''Put that away Luna!'' Enthir told her, ''We're coming up to the eastern gate now'', there weren't any guards at the gate, instead, archers were stationed at the walls, at least half a dozen to each side. ''Where do you suppose we'll find those 4? Joncis is at the inn but that's all we know''

SPARTANXIII:

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:

"...............Come again about the One Hundred Years?!" replied the confused Imperial, now wondering why the hell she said the blade lasted her a Hundred years, when she looked barely in her 20's, if a bit paler......oh dear god, please don't say that it means....

Enthir interjects''she's a dunmer, that's an excuse, I had a fling with one once, looked about 30, turns out she was my grandfather's age''

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:
snip
"...............come again about the One Hundred Years what?!" replied the confused Imperial, now wondering why the hell she said the blade lasted her a Hundred years, when she barely in her 20's, if a bit paler......oh dear god, please don't say that it means....

"Calm down, its a disease that runs in my family. We appear not to age. It gets confusing to others. Besides, if i was a vampire, why would i be walking around in the light?" she asked him.

"Hah, Dro'Araaj wishes he could bottle a disease like that! Imperial ladies would pay a fortune for that."

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"Ah, I see, sera. On behalf of those you and yours saved, I thank you." Not all vampires were menaces, he knew, but the few who weren't rarely chose to live in cities, and were far too cunning to be caught by the sort of hunter Lloden had often met. "So, you were a vampire hunter, then?" Well of bloody course he was. Conversation never hurt, though.

"That's a part, I also hunt werewolves, daedra, and necromancers. I thought I made a name for myself. Ever heard of the 'Attack Dog of Akatosh'?"

SamtheDeathclaw:
"An Orc archer? Can't say I've met many of those. And none of them were from a clan. But you're right. Tamriel is a big place. However, a clansman turned bandit? I've never heard of such a thing. Your code is quite persuasive, I hear. Not many chose to abandon it."

"I'm probably just jumping to conclusions... but Kaglar..."

Urgal finished his drink.
"You see, I left of my own accord, but to be exiled from your own stronghold, to never be allowed to return. Where would you turn? what would you do?"

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:
snip

Anruin paused for awhile "... Your brother was alive last I saw him. Not sure now, but last I saw him he was with some mercenaries. Saved my damn life, and I won't act on your daedra worship out of his memory."

Urgal stood up knocking over his bar stool and smashing his tankard in the process. There was a renewed vigour in the Orc despite his inebriated state. He had all but given up the search and now this bosmer was saying that he had seen him alive?

He grabbed Anruin clumsily by both shoulders with unintended strength and said unnecessarily forcefully. "When was this? Where are they now? Who are these mercenaries? Are you sure it was him?" Urgal caught himself, stood up leaning against the bar and tried to regain composure.

ruedyn:
] "That's a part, I also hunt werewolves, daedra, and necromancers. I thought I made a name for myself. Ever heard of the 'Attack Dog of Akatosh'?"

"Hm. Not that I can remember. I spend a great deal of time hunting in the wilderness, so I don't hear about many things." I did, actually. He was a nord though. Interesting man. Helped me take out that shrine near Dawnstar. Lloden cracked an involuntary smile at the memory. He was as old as I am now, though. Long since dead, I'm sure.

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:
snip

Belkin was suspicious to say the least. A disease that causes people to still appear youthful? Plausible, but why hadn't it been mentioned in the greater world. As for the sun aspect, yeah, she was actually IN the sun, but that hooded cloak she wears still keeps her in the shade. The whole thing stank, but...there was nothing there to really SAY Vampire! He'd just have to keep calm and be weary.

"A disease where you don't age...aren't you the lucky female?" Belkin said in a genuine tone, curious as to what would be said next.

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:

mcpop9:

Enthir interjects''she's a dunmer, that's an excuse, I had a fling with one once, looked about 30, turns out she was my grandfather's age''

"And aren't you the UNlucky one?" replied Belkin.

Derek_the_Dodo:
Snip

"I remember their destination was Valenwood, the name I don't quite recall however. And yes, I'm sure it was him. He even still spoke of his younger brother fondly."

SPARTANXIII:
"A disease where you don't age...aren't you the lucky female?" Belkin said in a genuine tone, curious as to what would be said next.

IFS:

"Hah, Dro'Araaj wishes he could bottle a disease like that! Imperial ladies would pay a fortune for that."

"Don't appear to age AND get mistaken for a vampire multiple times is really what all the ladies want. Go out to have a drink at an inn and wind up having some crazed man pin you to the bar top, holding a silver dagger at your throat is every woman's dream." She said then rolled her eyes.

"I suppose that's fair, and most people only remember my Nordic predecesor. Shame about his passing, but I'll continue his legacy till my last breath."

'wonder if this is the dunmer he helped take out that shrine. Probably not, world isn't that small'

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:
Snip

"I remember their destination was Valenwood, the name I don't quite recall however. And yes, I'm sure it was him. He even still spoke of his younger brother fondly."

''Ah, there you two are'' Joncis sits down across from the two of them with a bottle of Colovian Brandy, ''the others are coming into the city now, were either of you shooting arrows? any harder and you would have killed Bites-Her-Tail''

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:
Snip

''Ah, there you two are'' Joncis sits down across from the two of them with a bottle of Colovian Brandy, ''the others are coming into the city now, were either of you shooting arrows? any harder and you would have killed Bites-Her-Tail''

"It was the orc, not me. By the way is the bottle still up there?"

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:

IFS:

"Don't appear to age AND get mistaken for a vampire multiple times is really what all the ladies want. Go out to have a drink at an inn and wind up having some crazed man pin you to the bar top, holding a silver dagger at your throat is every woman's dream." She said then rolled her eyes.

"I was just being courteous, you didn't have to turn it into an attack against yourself....granny!" said Belkin, smirking to himself.

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:
Snip

Urgal paused. At least this is something. Valenwood. There isn't a decision to take between heading off by myself or continuing through with the escort job as we're headed for Valenwood anyway. All these years and now definite news. It's a long shot, but I just might be able to find him. I need all the information that I can get from Anruin though.

"And the mercs he's with? Who are they? When did you last see them?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or