Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 40 NEXT

IFS:

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:

He reached out towards her.......and helped place her hood back on her head.

"I have a lot of questions I want to ask right now!" he said in a confused, yet serious, tone, "But I'm not about to get any answers if I let you burn alive now, am I?"

Luna nodded, shaking. She brought the cloak up around herself and the pain was gone. "I-I don't burn in the sunlight like southern Vampires do. I sit in pain and it becomes visible. My healing magic won't work also." She said, visibly afraid of him. "Though i've never once fed on an innocent!" she said, but knew it was a lie. "Only once..."

Dro'Araaj had been watching the exchange quietly, but now he felt the need to speak.
"You look hungry, if you need to feed the feel free to use this one. It will not be the first time Dro'Araaj has been fed upon and his magic and potions can heal any injuries and diseases that result, besides Khajiit's fur will hide the bite marks."

"You sure you're up for that? I always thought Vampire bites would always lead to Vampirism itself!" responded Belkin, calling on what little he really did know.

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:
"Religious as well as moral, but I see your point. Until this is over, the three of you will be safe... Come on out boys." Anruin shouts to the corner of the bar. 2 men hop up and introduce themselves to Joncis, a short redguard and an Altmer. "Just know that if any of you harm innocents my life debt will be null and void, and we'll be the last thing you see."

"What were you plotting? You set your dogs to hide in the shadows in case the barbarian got out of hand?"

"Didn't know of you until a few moments age. They were for restraining Bitey, mostly. You'll notice they have daggers. If we were to fight you, they'd have brought bows so you couldn't get too close, a method we also use for werewolves."

Urgal heaved a deep breath and let it go, he had only just noticed that he had a mace in each hand. Politics politics! My brother saved this bosmer for whatever reason so to strike him down would dishonour him. Though he was growing ever wary of the companions, especially the altmer who looked like he might cast a fireball any minute.

Urgal strode after Anruin.

"I don't care to have such a surprise. They need to leave. Now."

SPARTANXIII:

"Huh...that's interesting...in a way" Belkin said to himself before noticing her still shaking. "Hey, don't worry. You're the first Vampire who didn't actively try to kill me, so you're pretty much Ok by my standards" he said to her, trying to calm her down....not that it would work much, but still.

Luna tried standing up, her legs were weak from panicking. "We can talk more inside." She said, ignoring the others and walking to the Inn, entering it and making for the darkest corner. She could feel eyes of the group members who knew about her being drawn to her. The Dunmer didn't care.

It was the female Dark Elf. She was the Vampire. Vargmir wondered whether she had caught his scent yet. Seemed as though everyone was okay with her. She wasn't hurting anyone.

He didn't like it, but now he knew. Best not to cause a scene.

The Bosmer was a hunter, and he seemed to be fine with the Vampire. He let out a low growl, a sigh, and rubbed his temples.

This wouldn't last. This would come to blows eventually, and he was staying out of it.

Vargmir hated Vampires, and hated idealistic hunters. He was big, but he wasn't dumb.

He knew who to watch now, and would watch them.

His rumble of a voice whispered, "Talos..."

SPARTANXIII:

IFS:

mcpop9:

Luna nodded, shaking. She brought the cloak up around herself and the pain was gone. "I-I don't burn in the sunlight like southern Vampires do. I sit in pain and it becomes visible. My healing magic won't work also." She said, visibly afraid of him. "Though i've never once fed on an innocent!" she said, but knew it was a lie. "Only once..."

Dro'Araaj had been watching the exchange quietly, but now he felt the need to speak.
"You look hungry, if you need to feed the feel free to use this one. It will not be the first time Dro'Araaj has been fed upon and his magic and potions can heal any injuries and diseases that result, besides Khajiit's fur will hide the bite marks."

"You sure you're up for that? I always thought Vampire bites would always lead to Vampirism itself!" responded Belkin, calling on what little he really did know.

"Were that the case this one would be a vampire several times over by now," then he turned to Enthir "Dro'Araaj is familiar with many forms of vampirism. If addressed early enough the condition is easily cured, and the infection is not garunteed from a single bite. Dro'Araaj has healed many of the illness, even cured one who was fully infected, Khajiit would be sure to use magic and potions to both reduce the risk of infection and to cure any illness that results." He then turned toward Luna "Of course if she does not wish to feed then this arguement is pointless."

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:

"Huh...that's interesting...in a way" Belkin said to himself before noticing her still shaking. "Hey, don't worry. You're the first Vampire who didn't actively try to kill me, so you're pretty much Ok by my standards" he said to her, trying to calm her down....not that it would work much, but still.

Luna tried standing up, her legs were weak from panicking. "We can talk more inside." She said, ignoring the others and walking to the Inn, entering it and making for the darkest corner." She could feel eyes of the group members who knew about her being drawn to her. The Dunmer didn't care.

Belkin decided to sit by her, he promised the other guy that he'd protect her through here, and he'd carry out that duty to the letter. He could sense the tension about the place, as well as a few new people here as well. It seemed as though the new people knew about her as well, given how they trained eyes on her. He just looked at them through his Helmet's Visor, nervous as to what was happening at that point.

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Planning to off me? I see no reason we should deny reinforcements otherwise. Or does my word to not kill any of you not mean anything? Would you prefer I swear on my title? My Parents? Perhaps the Divines themselves?!"

''Any family? '' Joncis asked the Redguard,
''I'm an orphan, I learned how to fight from the local bandits''
''Hmph, and how old are you?'' Joncis asked the Altmer.
''I'm 217 and in prime fighting condition'' the woman responded.
''.....Kynareth Altmer are ugly'' Joncis mumbled, in her anger she tried to throw an ice spike at him, which Joncis easily deflected and it barely missed Enthir's shoulder ''Having a good time are we?'' Enthir asked.
''Well yes and no, the Nord, Redguard and Altmer all conveniently have arrived here,'' he then walks up and whispers into Luna's ear ''Oh, and Anruin found out you were a vampire, now everyone else except those with you know you're a vampire, that didn't take long, sucks to be you, get it? sucks? .......I'm gonna die now aren't I? ''

Luna could tell there was something else like her in the bar with them. it wasn't another vampire, but another unnatural being. She decided best not to draw attention to herself. She also ignored the one who came up to her.

SPARTANXIII:

Belkin decided to sit by her, he promised the other guy that he'd protect her through here, and he'd carry out that duty to the letter. He could sense the tension about the place, as well as a few new people here as well. It seemed as though the new people knew about her as well, given how they trained eyes on her. He just looked at them through his Helmet's Visor, nervous as to what was happening at that point.

"Well you said you had questions, i'm here now." She said looking down, making sure to cover her glowing eyes from sight.

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Planning to off me? I see no reason we should deny reinforcements otherwise. Or does my word to not kill any of you not mean anything? Would you prefer I swear on my title? My Parents? Perhaps the Divines themselves?!"

"It's not you I'm worried about, I think you place a little too much faith in the loyalty of your men. You expect them to travel with us, and not try anything? They're hunters, it's what they do, it's what YOU do, the only thing stopping you from betraying us is a threat from the blades, some gold and your debt to my brother. They leave. I don't want to fight them."

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

"It's not you I'm worried about, I think you place a little too much faith in the loyalty of your men. You expect them to travel with us, and not try anything? They're hunters, it's what they do, it's what YOU do, the only thing stopping you from betraying us is a threat from the blades, some gold and your debt to my brother. They leave. I don't want to fight them."

"If they disobey orders they both know they'd be dropped out of the group, and they both know that means death."

"And the gold and threats mean nothing."

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:

"If they disobey orders they both know they'd be dropped out of the group, and they both know that means death."

Joncis comes of the inn and intervenes ''Listen, these were among the candidates for the mission at first, AT FIRST, I don't think Enthir would like an additional 2 people tagging along like this, I sure don't, it's different with Vargmir, he's like a walking 'don't-mess-with-me-or-you're-dead' signpost, these two have connections with you and a group within a group is recipe for disaster''

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:

"That's not good enough! I don't know them, I don't know you, and I swear I will not travel with those who would do any one of our group harm!"

Urgal's shouting attracted the attention of the redguard who came to stand by Anruin's side in his defence. "Ha! you've trained them well. Tell me redguard, if you have a voice of your own. Here before you stands a worshipper of the mighty Malacath. I know for a fact that you are sworn to destroy all daedra worshippers. What say you and I walk beyond the city gates and settle our differences one against the other in the glorious field of combat?"

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

"That's not good enough! I don't know them, I don't know you, and I swear I will not travel with those who would do any one of our group harm!"

Urgal's shouting attracted the attention of the redguard who came to stand by Anruin's side in his defence. "Ha! you've trained them well. Tell me redguard, if you have a voice of your own. Here before you stands a worshipper of the mighty Malacath. I know for a fact that you are sworn to destroy all daedra worshippers. What say you and I walk beyond the city gates and settle our differences one against the other in the glorious field of combat?"

The redguard turns to Anruin. "Here is my blade. Go ahead Anhwen." "I accept your challenge then heathen."

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

Joncis comes of the inn and intervenes ''Listen, these were among the candidates for the mission at first, AT FIRST, I don't think Enthir would like an additional 2 people tagging along like this, I sure don't, it's different with Vargmir, he's like a walking 'don't-mess-with-me-or-you're-dead' signpost, these two have connections with you and a group within a group is recipe for disaster''

Joncis continues to mumble while Anruin and Urgal argue''Still here people....... ach,for the love of Mara sometimes I don't even know if I turned myself invisble sometimes or it's just my-'' ''What in the name of Akatosh are you blithering about boy'' Enthir shouts to him through the door. ''Nothing!'' Joncis shouts back, ''forget it, have fun killing each other!'' he walks back into the inn and asks the owner ''how many can sleep in each room?'' ''3'' she replies ''ok then, here's 50 gold, 5 rooms each for the night'' the owner takes the gold''alright you have the.... entire 3rd floor until tomorrow afternoon''Enthir walks over to Joncis ''You do realise there's 16 of us right?'' Joncis smirks a little ''well from where I can see between Belkin trying to sleep with Luna -- don't deny it he's being a little too kind to her, the Redguard and Orc that are killing each other outside and Bites-Her-Tail who will probably get her own room, one of us isn't surviving the next few hours so I'm going to go claim my space now'' Joncis walks up the stairs and takes room 301, first door on the left, and rests on the bed in the next section over, near the balcony. Enthir joins him shortly afterwards, taking the bed closest to the door.

Lloden was sweating buckets, his arms aching. A few arrows had dulled from hitting the butt, but most were fine. He sighed, and unstrung his bow. He walked slowly back towards the inn, arriving in time to see Urgal challenging the stranger to single combat. He sighed again. I haven't sighed this much since that job out in Daggerfell. A bigger bunch of fools I've yet to see.
Out of the corner of his eye,he studied the newcomer. Looked friendly enough, for such a big man. Hairy and big. Wild. A good man to have at your side when surrounded, methinks.

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

The redguard turns to Anruin. "Here is my blade. Go ahead Anhwen." "I accept your challenge then heathen."

"Let the best Orc win." Urgal smirked.

And with that Anhwen and Urgal walked through the citys gates to a point beyond earshot and out of sight of the guards.

SamtheDeathclaw:
Lloden was sweating buckets, his arms aching. A few arrows had dulled from hitting the butt, but most were fine. He sighed, and unstrung his bow. He walked slowly back towards the inn, arriving in time to see Urgal challenging the stranger to single combat. He sighed again. I haven't sighed this much since that job out in Daggerfell. A bigger bunch of fools I've yet to see.
Out of the corner of his eye,he studied the newcomer. Looked friendly enough, for such a big man. Hairy and big. Wild. A good man to have at your side when surrounded, methinks.

At this point Vargmir had dressed, now in a full set of scaled armor. He was leaning against the wall, by the tavern door, arms folded, watching the tensions build. His large battleaxe, the size of the average Bosmer, was leaning up beside him.

The Orc had challenged the Redguard, the Redguard accepted.

He caught the Dark Elf Lloden's eyes and gave him a quick nod.

"A fight."

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:

Derek_the_Dodo:

"Let the best Orc win." Urgal smirked.

And with that Anhwen and Urgal walked through the citys gates to a point beyond earshot and out of sight of the guards.

Ahnwen prays while trying to keep up with the orc. 'I don't want to die, why did that damn bosmer allow this? He knows I can't keep up with an experienced orc by myself. Damn that bosmer, and damn the grandmaster. Blackmailing scum.' She tries not to cry.

The Pinray:

At this point Vargmir had dressed, now in a full set of scaled armor. He was leaning against the wall, by the tavern door, arms folded, watching the tensions build. His large battleaxe, the size of the average Bosmer, was leaning up beside him.

"A fight."

"The first of a great many, I am thinking. Shall we go watch the honorable fools?" Lloden laughed. He called for one more flin for the road, and strolled after the duo.

Dro'Araaj had been waiting on Luna's answer but having heard the commotion outside he decided to go watch the fight. After all someone might need healing.

The Pinray:

SamtheDeathclaw:

"A fight."

''Hey!'' Enthir shouted down to the two of them, ''what?'' Anruin responded ''come up to our room, 301, it's got a perfect view of them hacking away at each other!'' '' Enthir you aren't seriously going to let them kill each other'' Joncis asked ''Well right now the Altmer and Redguard aren't part of the group yet, and if the Orc goes down, you, me and the cat can always patch him up, if the Redguard goes down, it'll teach Anruin not to hire his own henchmen when he's meant to be our follower'' ''Enthir they probably both heard all of that, so did the cleaning staff next door probably'' Enthir now kept quiet for a bit.

SamtheDeathclaw:

The Pinray:

"A fight."

"The first of a great many, I am thinking. Shall we go watch the honorable fools?" Lloden laughed. He called for one more flin for the road, and strolled after the duo.

Vargmir let out a gravelly snort, his equivalent of laughter, "Aye." He was starting to like the Dunmer. He had some humor to him. Someone Vargmir could like.

He grabbed his axe, slung it upon his shoulder, and followed Lloden, leaving his pack at the tavern.

Nobody would touch it. If not for the smell then for the man they saw drag it in.

Josh12345:
''Hey!'' Enthir shouted down to the two of them, ''what?'' Anruin responded ''come up to our room, 301, it's got a perfect view of them hacking away at each other!'' '' Enthir you aren't seriously going to let them kill each other'' Joncis asked ''Well right now the Altmer and Redguard aren't part of the group yet, and if the Orc goes down, you, me and the cat can always patch him up, if the Redguard goes down, it'll teach Anruin not to hire his own henchmen when he's meant to be our follower'' ''Enthir they probably both heard all of that, so did the cleaning staff next door probably'' Enthir now kept quiet for a bit.

Vargmir stopped and looked up at the window Enthir was shouting through. He turned to Lloden and jabbed his thumb toward the window in question.

Josh12345:
snip

"Yeah, no. I don't plan to let this go farther than a few cuts and some bruises."

The Pinray:

Vargmir let out a gravelly snort, his equivalent of laughter, "Aye." He was starting to like the Dunmer. He had some humor to him. Someone Vargmir could like.

He grabbed his axe, slung it upon his shoulder, and followed Lloden, leaving his pack at the tavern.

Nobody would touch it. If not for the smell then for the man they saw drag it in.

"So, excited to join or little band of couriers? Day two and we're all at each other's throats. Bites-Her-Tail is being quiet today, or else I think someone would be down an extremity or two." Lloden chuckled. He enjoyed traveling with such varied companions, truly. "Yes, I see the fool. Better view from out there, though."

A cold wind blew across Urgal's face. It was the first time he had challenged anyone to combat in quite a while. It was necessary though. They refused to back off, the hunters. He, Bitey and Luna were at risk as long as they were still nearby. The Redguard woman was facing him wearing as much of an intimidating scowl as she could muster.

"You just wouldn't leave us alone would you. Wouldn't be content to leave us free to worship whatever gods we want."

He loosened a mace and held it in his hand, feeling its weight.

"You hide in the shadows, waiting for a vulnerability, as opposed to facing your challenge honourably."

His hand clasped the other one tightly.

"But now we face each other, on even terms."

He raised his voice into a bellow.

"Malacath! I send this one with pride, for she fought honourably!"

SamtheDeathclaw:

The Pinray:

"So, excited to join or little band of couriers? Day two and we're all at each other's throats. Bites-Her-Tail is being quiet today, or else I think someone would be down an extremity or two." Lloden chuckled. He enjoyed traveling with such varied companions, truly. "Yes, I see the fool. Better view from out there, though."

"Hm." Vargmir shook his head. "Just here for the coin. Too many hot tempers." He continued with Lloden, deciding not to got the the balcony, either. he'd rather watch the fight up close, as well.

Bites-Her-Tail. A translated Argonian name. Vargmir had never traveled with an Argonian. A crazy Argonian by the sound of it.

This was getting better and better.

The Pinray:

"Hm." Vargmir shook his head. "Just here for the coin. Too many hot tempers." He continued with Lloden, deciding not to got the the balcony, either. he'd rather watch the fight up close, as well.

Bites-Her-Tail. A translated Argonian name. Vargmir had never traveled with an Argonian. A crazy Argonian by the sound of it.

"Oh, but it's ever so much fun. I'm not even sure why I came though. Don't need to the coin. Just bored in the 'perial City." A laconic smile. "So what's your massive, earth-shattering secret? Seems like we all have one." He laughed.

SamtheDeathclaw:

The Pinray:

"Oh, but it's ever so much fun. I'm not even sure why I came though. Don't need to the coin. Just bored in the 'perial City." A laconic smile. "So what's your massive, earth-shattering secret? Seems like we all have one." He laughed.

Off in the distance''I don't'' ''Sshht Joncis, you're ruining the fight, that Redguard is FUCKED''

SamtheDeathclaw:

The Nord raised one of his bushy brows as he and the Elf arrived at the fight.

Looks like he's one of those Orcs. Loud, boastful, and a Malacath devout.

He nodded slowly, listening to Lloden. "You'll see soon enough."

At this point Vargmir had no doubt that his secret would come out. The way this group was, he doubted it would stay secret long.

The Pinray:

At this point Vargmir had no doubt that his secret would come out. The way this group was, he doubted it would stay secret long.

"You know, I fought an orc like this once. All shouting about honor and strength and Malacath. He had much less to say once he found an arrow in his throat." I was hoping we could have at least one person who wasn't trying to keep a big secret, but evidently not. He looked the big man up and down. "You worship Dagon. No! You destroyed an entire town when you were drunk." Lloden laughed again. He liked laconic Nords. They just let him talk and talk.

The Pinray:

SamtheDeathclaw:

Dro'Araaj smiled at the nords statement, he knew the smell of a werewolf anywhere but saw no point in revealing it to the others.
The way the fight was going it seemed Urgal would have little need of his talents, while the redguard would likely end up beyond his healing abilities.

SamtheDeathclaw:

"You know, I fought an orc like this once. All shouting about honor and strength and Malacath. He had much less to say once he found an arrow in his throat." I was hoping we could have at least one person who wasn't trying to keep a big secret, but evidently not. He looked the big man up and down. "You worship Dagon. No! You destroyed an entire town when you were drunk." Lloden laughed again. He liked laconic Nords. They just let him talk and talk.

He snorted again. He was liking this elf. A real talker. Someone to speak so he wouldn't have to.

"I worship this." He gave the battleaxe slung on his shoulder quick shake.

He ignored the second statement, seeing as it was partially true.

SPARTANXIII:
snip

(Sorry, too much is going on, its been an hour since your last post. Not trying to abandon you.)

Luna was waiting for Belkin to respond, but he didn't She instead followed the sensation of the other one like her in the group.

The Pinray:
snip

SamtheDeathclaw:
snip

This led her to the nord and and elf. The elf had nothing on her, but the nord was new. She walked up next to him and the elf, beginning to watch the fight as well.

mcpop9:

SPARTANXIII:
snip

(Sorry, too much is going on, its been an hour since your last post. Not trying to abandon you.)

Luna was waiting for Belkin to respond, but he didn't She instead followed the sensation of the other one like her in the group.

The Pinray:
snip

SamtheDeathclaw:
snip

This led her to the nord and and elf. The elf had nothing on her, but the nord was new. She walked up next to him and the elf, beginning to watch the fight as well.

"Ah, and the lovely young old lady joins us! How do you do, madam?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or