Battlegrounds : A Pokémon Role-Play { Closed } - Day Two: On the Road to Jade Forest

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Here goes my attempt.

Grim327:
@CounterAttack I have a question. How long until you start the RP; a few days, or a few weeks?

I'll start up Battlegrounds when I have a good number of acceptable characters. It could take any length of time.

Ask and Ye shall receive

I hope i didn't go too overboard with the bio. I apologize for any mistakes in spelling, i'm a bit tired.

Let me know if anything needs to be changed. I'll be on planes for the vast majority of tomorrow but I will be back home on Tuesday.

axle 19:
Let me know if anything needs to be changed. I'll be on planes for the vast majority of tomorrow but I will be back home on Tuesday.

Why does your character have a nine-inch blade? I've noticed a lot of characters with knives among their possessions, but very little as to why they would even have them.

CounterAttack:

axle 19:

Why does your character have a nine-inch blade? I've noticed a lot of characters with knives among their possessions, but very little as to why they would even have them.

Apologies. I'm an avid knife collector and the length of a knife is measured from haft to tip for me. The actual blade of the knife is only five inches long with the other four coming up in the grip.

As for why my character has it? It serves multiple purposes: Skinning tool, to cut tinder to prepare a fire, to be used a potential source for ignition for said fire, and if all else fails a self defense tool.

CounterAttack:

axle 19:

In my case he needs them to create firewood out of branches, and to eat with (the swiss one only), among other utilities. He would not use them as a weapon, though.

EDIT: Removed some unecessary phrasings.

As an aside, we appear to have an awful lot of, well... 'downer' characters. Concerning.

I don't think my guy's a downer. I think he may have grown up in a Tim Burton film, but I've never held that against someone before and I wont start now! :p

Ok, Here is an updated version of the character I'm working on. Since I'm new to this kind of entertainment, please tell me if I'm doing it right and do I have any chance to actually be accepted, if it's not a problem of course.

Also to anyone wondering, you can't use "é" in spoilers due to how the spoiler coding works. Instead you have to use &/#233; (without the / included) in place of an "é" in order for a "é" to show up when you open the spoiler. Kind of annoying, but it looks a lot better than what I believe is Hanzi littering your sheet.

Hjalmar Fryklund:

CounterAttack:

axle 19:

In my case he needs them to create firewood out of branches, and to eat with (the swiss one only), among other utilities. He would not use them as a weapon, though.

EDIT: Removed some unecessary phrasings.

Similar situation here, the idea was to have a useful tool for survival.I can get rid of it if you like.

elementsoul:

Also to anyone wondering, you can't use "é" in spoilers due to how the spoiler coding works. Instead you have to use é in place of an "é" in order for a "é" to show up when you open the spoiler. Kind of annoying, but it looks a lot better than what I believe is Hanzi littering your sheet.

It looks like kanji to me. Specifically some kind of common Mandarin symbol.

Hjalmar Fryklund:

elementsoul:

Also to anyone wondering, you can't use "é" in spoilers due to how the spoiler coding works. Instead you have to use é in place of an "é" in order for a "é" to show up when you open the spoiler. Kind of annoying, but it looks a lot better than what I believe is Hanzi littering your sheet.

Specifically it's actually Traditional Chinese characters. I was using Hanzi as a short in place filler despite it being technically incorrect since it's a simplified form of Traditional Chinese. Kanji itself is a Japanese character language adopted from Hanzi.

elementsoul:

Hjalmar Fryklund:

elementsoul:

Specifically it's actually Traditional Chinese characters. I was using Hanzi as a short in place filler despite it being technically incorrect since it's a simplified form of Traditional Chinese. Kanji itself is a Japanese character language adopted from Hanzi.

The more you know!

Another thing that seems to pop up when writing in spoiler brackets is when I add a "´" after an "s." I added "text" in front of it.

If I don't put any characters in front of it, it looks like this:

Third draft. Hopefully I didn't bork my English so badly this time.

Now for some questions:

What effect would PP have on the RP?

Do we actually make use of Pokémon´s abilities like No Guard or Rock Head?

What effect would an attack´s accuracy have on the RP?

Hjalmar Fryklund:
-sheet snip-

I just have one question. What does 'mesoformous' mean? Google can't find anything to explain it and it's not recognised as a word in my Firefox dictionary.

Now for some questions:

PP has next to no effect in battle. Pokémon can use most moves without any issue: exceptions would be moves with either 5 or 10 PP in the games, which would naturally need to be limited. Besides, I imagine the player-characters will visit Pokémon Centers often, so PP won't really be an issue.

Abilities are, of course, used in the role-play. They can be mentioned depending on the writer.

Given the somewhat more free-form as opposed to turn-based nature of Pokémon battles, accuracy only really has an impact if you specify that your attack misses. Some moves naturally have low accuracy, of course, so keep that in mind. The same applies to moves like Double Team, which make your Pokémon harder to hit.

Sergey Ivanov

Edited, to include further details I was unable to add previously due to time.

CounterAttack:

Hjalmar Fryklund:
-sheet snip-

I just have one question. What does 'mesoformous' mean? Google can't find anything to explain it and it's not recognised as a word in my Firefox dictionary.

I made a quick dictionary read and found that I had translated the term incorrectly. The proper word is "mesomorphic."

Now for some questions:

PP has next to no effect in battle. Pokémon can use most moves without any issue: exceptions would be moves with either 5 or 10 PP in the games, which would naturally need to be limited. Besides, I imagine the player-characters will visit Pokémon Centers often, so PP won't really be an issue.

Abilities are, of course, used in the role-play. They can be mentioned depending on the writer.

Given the somewhat more free-form as opposed to turn-based nature of Pokémon battles, accuracy only really has an impact if you specify that your attack misses. Some moves naturally have low accuracy, of course, so keep that in mind. The same applies to moves like Double Team, which make your Pokémon harder to hit.

All good to hear. That leaves one question I forgot about earlier:

Will the RP retain the four-moves-limit?

Overall though, I think I want to do one final draft and let you judge that one. So here goes:

EDIT: Removed a double-negative.

EDIT 2: Deleted the second question, it was already answered in the OP.

Well, here's my completed sheet. Hope it's of sufficient quality to get in.

Hjalmar Fryklund:

Yes, each Pokémon will only have four moves and one Ability at any given time. As an aside, you cannot switch between Abilities.

CounterAttack:

Hjalmar Fryklund:

Yes, each Pokémon will only have four moves and one Ability at any given time. As an aside, you cannot switch between Abilities.

But don't some pokemon have 2 abilities? Or is just possible for a pokemon to have one ability or the other?

HappyCastor:
But don't some pokemon have 2 abilities? Or is just possible for a pokemon to have one ability or the other?

It's one or the other.

Another side note: For character sheets that do not have their Pokémon's abilities listed, the Trainer will need to specify their Ability in-character, preferably by scanning it with their Pokédex.

CounterAttack:

HappyCastor:

It's one or the other.

Another side note: For character sheets that do not have their Pokémon's abilities listed will need to specify their Ability in-character, preferably by scanning it with their Pokédex.

I updated the sheet with the ability. Sorry, it was around 1 am when i made the sheet and must of forgotten it.

CounterAttack:

HappyCastor:

It's one or the other.

Another side note: For character sheets that do not have their Pokémon's abilities listed will need to specify their Ability in-character, preferably by scanning it with their Pokédex.

I'll do it in character, actually.

I hope I'm not too late, but I'm still gonna submit this anyway.

I really, really hope this is okay. If it's not, lemme know and I can try and fix it.

CounterAttack:

Hjalmar Fryklund:

Gotcha. As an aside, I edited my sheet (third time now) to get rid of those Traditional Chinese characters. Wasn't aware that they showed up again when you make edits.

You get a cookie if you see what I did there for the inventory. ^^ I hope that my character is acceptable!

@Hikari: Boy howdy, do I love me some donuts!

Kuroneko Aisha:

You get a cookie if you see what I did there for the inventory. ^^ I hope that my character is acceptable!

Is the image that you linked to something that you have drawn yourself? I am only asking since it doesn't match up all that much with your description of the character´s appearance.

Clearly a lot of effort has gone into putting everything together. This looks very fun, and I would be honored to be allowed to participate in it. Here is my character application.

Hjalmar Fryklund:

Kuroneko Aisha:

Is the image that you linked to something that you have drawn yourself? I am only asking since it doesn't match up all that much with your description of the character´s appearance.

Image wasn't drawn by me. I used it as more of a starting point for her, rather than using the actual picture. Think of it as just using her body, and taking the rest from there in text. Was the rest of the profile acceptable? ^^

Hope this is acceptable. ^^

Pm0n3y:
@Hikari: Boy howdy, do I love me some donuts!

Ding! *Gives a cookie* ^^

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked