Age of the Necromancers (Zombie RP)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I wanted to make a RP about Zombies, that people actually joined. This is a hybrid of ideas from the very first RP I've ever did on The Internet. Now the game has begun.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.384246-Age-of-the-Necromancers-Game-Thread

The Story:

The Necrominion was a book. A dark book, full of recipes of death. Most people dismissed it as a work of fiction, even if something about the book unnerved them. A curious few tried to recreate the monsters the book described. They all failed. They lacked the Aptitude to bring these creatures to undeath.

Adam didn't. She warned him to stay away, to put the book down, or better, destroy it. He promised he would. He didn't.

He was surprised when his creature, his Zombie, was actually functioning. And evil entered his heart.

Now the world is unstable. In his evil, Adam made copies of the book and spread it everywhere. Many failed, but many had the Aptitude to cause havoc, even unto this day.

There are five Lords of Terror. Adam sits at the top, on a throne of the dead. Others scramble below for power and influence.

They are powerful. Can you kill one?

Once you do, will you replace them?

The Basics:

There are two groups, Necromancers and Survivors. There is no organized structure to anything, the governments fell due to many politicians having Aptitude and ambition.
If you want, you can form up and make a community. Many of the Lords are evil enough to attempt to overrun any kind of formal resistance. Or if you want, you can hunt them down.

Every survivor will win if all the Lords of Terror are dead.

A Necromancer will win if they take Adam's place as Lord Terror.

Oh, and you all start in Location City, which is very large. Your choice if you want to leave.

The Zombies:

There are many different types, based on the resources you have.

The basic zombie is somebody affected by the corrupted blood of the Necromancer. It shambles at about the speed you walk. If you take it's head off, it's done. You can make them unusable to a Necromancer in other ways, though. If you want other zombies, be creative. Use five zombie bodies to create a Tank-like zombie or something.

The actual infection is to get ether a Necromancer's blood or a zombie's blood inside a living being. If it's a zombie, the necromancer controlling the first zombie gets the new one. If the Zombie is feral, so is the new one.

I'll bust you if your design gets too stupid though.

Applications:

One last thing: If you take a Lord's place, I'll update the OP and write a short Bio on your character.

Accepted Characters:

Okay, I have to bite, how does pvp work exactly in this?

Alright, I love the idea but I've got a few questions to throw out there before I put up a sheet.

1. If you make a survivor character in the beginning, would he be able to come into possession of a necrominion and change over into a necromancer half-way through the rp?

2. What starting gear would be considered acceptable to have? Would it be more realistic to have survivors with a boat-load of guns, or will guns be limited in this rp?

3. Will Survivor characters be hunted down by Necromancers or the Lords of Terror?

4. Just how much of the world's population has been turned into zombies? Will this be more of a loner rp where our characters may, but not necissarily have to meet up with any others? Or will it be little communities where people have grouped up and fortified to defend from zombie attacks?

drmigit2:

Well, that depends. Necromancers can control a zombie directly to fight, but that leaves them open. Otherwise, Zombies are fairly easy to kill.

"Bob lunges at Alice with his machete, taking care not to be seen."

Alice would then need to respond with how/if she survived. If it makes sense, the fight continues until someone can't justify why they're not dead.

I assume people will be fair about taking damage.

pyroguy86:
Alright, I love the idea but I've got a few questions to throw out there before I put up a sheet.

1. If you make a survivor character in the beginning, would he be able to come into possession of a necrominion and change over into a necromancer half-way through the rp?

2. What starting gear would be considered acceptable to have? Would it be more realistic to have survivors with a boat-load of guns, or will guns be limited in this rp?

3. Will Survivor characters be hunted down by Necromancers or the Lords of Terror?

4. Just how much of the world's population has been turned into zombies? Will this be more of a loner rp where our characters may, but not necissarily have to meet up with any others? Or will it be little communities where people have grouped up and fortified to defend from zombie attacks?

1. It's VERY unlikely, as Necrominion discovery is a GM thing. I'll toss out the opportunity from time to time, so I doubt a survivor will *stumble* on one

2. If you can justify why a suburban man/woman has a boatload of guns, then I'll allow it. I'll allow anything if you go to sufficient lengths to justify it.

3. Necromancers can do whatever the hell they want, but probably, yeah. Especially if one gets a Necrominion, because a Survivor would be a prime canadate for Infection. The Lords will only chase down Survivors if they personally piss one off, because The Lords will be busy trying to kill other Necromancers.

4. Most of it. I only have one community planned, but it's just a target for a Lord's mission. Beyond that, I encourage PC-Survivors to team up. Just be wary once I throw a random event to spice things up.

Spector29:

drmigit2:

Well, that depends. Necromancers can control a zombie directly to fight, but that leaves them open. Otherwise, Zombies are fairly easy to kill.

"Bob lunges at Alice with his machete, taking care not to be seen."

Alice would then need to respond with how/if she survived. If it makes sense, the fight continues until someone can't justify why they're not dead.

I assume people will be fair about taking damage.

pyroguy86:

1. It's VERY unlikely, as Necrominion discovery is a GM thing. I'll toss out the opportunity from time to time, so I doubt a survivor will *stumble* on one

2. If you can justify why a suburban man/woman has a boatload of guns, then I'll allow it. I'll allow anything if you go to sufficient lengths to justify it.

3. Necromancers can do whatever the hell they want, but probably, yeah. Especially if one gets a Necrominion, because a Survivor would be a prime canadate for Infection. The Lords will only chase down Survivors if they personally piss one off, because The Lords will be busy trying to kill other Necromancers.

4. Most of it. I only have one community planned, but it's just a target for a Lord's mission. Beyond that, I encourage PC-Survivors to team up. Just be wary once I throw a random event to spice things up.

One last question, how exactly do the necromancer characters work? Apparently you need a necronomicon to make zombies, but none of us start with one? Or are we supposed to inject someone with blood to turn them into a zombie? I don't get where a necromancer's powers are coming from.

To be a Necromancer, you gotta have The Aptitude. The Aptitude comes in many forms; you could be possessed, out for revenge, or just plain evil.

You need a Necrominion to make OTHER zombies. Anyone with The Aptitude can control a single zombie. The Necrominion teaches you how to upgrade your Aptitude, basically.

(The Aptitude is the same thing as the "Motivation for Becoming a Necromancer" line in the App.)

Alright there we go, I look forward to seeing if I get into this rp. Let me know if anything needs changing.

EDITED

Would you make the compass and Knife separate objects, please? I can't grasp the concept of a Knife-compass right now. lol

Otherwise accepted. Shall I throw something at you to respond to, or do you want to make your own introductory post?

Son of a witch! Tonight I planned on starting my own zombie rp thread, and boom this pops up right in front of my face. I wish you hte best of luck and heck? I might join later...
Note the irony of both our avatars in use at the moment is not loss on me.

Raynoson:
Son of a witch! Tonight I planned on starting my own zombie rp thread, and boom this pops up right in front of my face. I wish you hte best of luck and heck? I might join later...

Hah, I see what we did there.

Sorry man. If it helps, I had this idea a long time ago, but was too shy to Post it on The Escapist.

Spector29:

Raynoson:

Hah, I see what we did there.

Sorry man. If it helps, I had this idea a long time ago, but was too shy to Post it on The Escapist.

It doesn't but it is appreciated and understandable, anyways no worries in general, stay frosty my friend.

Indeed. So long, good sir. Hope to see you join sometime in the future.

Spector29:
Would you make the compass and Knife separate objects, please? I can't grasp the concept of a Knife-compass right now. lol

Otherwise accepted. Shall I throw something at you to respond to, or do you want to make your own introductory post?

Edited, and I'll throw up my intro post when everyone else is accepted and you've got your opening post up haha. I look forward to this rp greatly.

My character sheet.

Any commentary is welcomed.

I've left him kind of basic so that there is room for him to develop or change if he doesn't meet all the criteria.

Also have a quick question where special zombies are concerned. Is it possible to pass on the infection to animals?

Floris2123:
My character sheet.

How'd he get the crowbar? Hunters usually don't have that kind of stuff on-hand.

Dogmatic99:
I've left him kind of basic so that there is room for him to develop or change if he doesn't meet all the criteria.

Also have a quick question where special zombies are concerned. Is it possible to pass on the infection to animals?

First Necromancer, setting the bar high. Fallow and Adam would get along well, if they weren't passively and actively trying to kill each other.

A zombie can't infect an animal without killing it, but a Necromancer is allowed to use animals creatively to make new zombies.

Floris2123:

Spector29:

Floris2123:
My character sheet.

How'd he get the crowbar? Hunters usually don't have that kind of stuff on-hand.

He bought it last year when he was taking apart some wooden boxes to use as fire wood.

EDIT: Fair enough. Accepted.

Spector29:

Floris2123:
My character sheet.

He bought it last year when he was taking apart some wooden boxes to use as fire wood.

Two Necromancers and a survivor, and we can start. Or three more survivors, whatever.

Signups will always be open, though.

Hope this is okay, I'll edit it if it's not good enough, although I think it's a little too corny. I'll change it if it sucks.

Shane is accepted.

Should I make a new thread for the game proper?

EDIT: I made an incredibly easy puzzle in the OP. You'll get some backstory on Adam if you solve it correctly.

I took a different approach with the zombie idea. I hope it is okay.

Pssh, Nice guy be a Lord of 'Terror'? Good luck.

Since you're starting out with a boon, I'm going to be extra hard on you. Is that okay?

Spector29:
Pssh, Nice guy be a Lord of 'Terror'? Good luck.

Since you're starting out with a boon, I'm going to be extra hard on you. Is that okay?

Considering if my head zombie dies, I insta die, I am not sure if I have that much of a boon. On top of that, she is not particularly strong. I mean yeah, she can use a gun but I literally just have a human friend with a lethal bite. How much harder?

Yeah, but you're essentially running a gimped Survivor and Necromancer.

I'll just actively throw you in front of other players, probably.

Spector29:
Shane is accepted.

Should I make a new thread for the game proper?

EDIT: I made an incredibly easy puzzle in the OP. You'll get some backstory on Adam if you solve it correctly.

Yeah I reckon you make a new thread link it on this one. Is the puzzle hidden in the words or did I just miss it?

It's an interface spoiler. The only hint I can give you is that something in OP is a lie.

And no, it isn't a Lord of Terror's bio.

Spector29:
It's an interface spoiler. The only hint I can give you is that something in OP is a lie.

And no, it isn't a Lord of Terror's bio.

Ah, sorry sorry. I'm the kind of guy who used a guide to beat the first puzzle in Arkam Asylum... maybe I'm not the best person to have in this RP now that I think about it...

You'll be fine. Gameplay(?) will be fairly straightforward.

The puzzle is just some extra fun for everyone while we wait for a few more sign-ups.

Spector29:
You'll be fine. Gameplay(?) will be fairly straightforward.

The puzzle is just some extra fun for everyone while we wait for a few more sign-ups.

Is it going to be in a thread or an open user group? If we start a user group and keep it so we all receive messages from the chat it can be very very efficient.

Verses a Thread, which is easier to notice and something I feel confident in running.

Uno more Necromancer.

Spector29:
Verses a Thread, which is easier to notice and something I feel confident in running.

Uno more Necromancer.

Ok, I am super excited for this. Sorry for flooding the thread and your inbox but one last question and then I'll shut up. If our character dies can we build a new one. Say Shane dies could I write a new survivor/necromancer?

I suppose that depends on how many people want to join at that point. We'll see, I guess.

Name: Dr. Victor Gray

Description: Dr. Grey is a middle-aged, glasses-wearing man who has a love for the goodness in humankind, wielding a P.h.D. in anthropology and a minor in medicine. His hair is dark brown (though beginning to turn grey), his eyes are green, and he is approximately 5'4". He tends to be very caring and happy to be helpful, and has a front of being largely carefree, though he is actually quite worrisome.

Why s/he's still alive: His home was invaded while he was eating dinner with his wife and six-year-old daughter, and he watched as they were both mauled by the zombies in front of him. Mortified, he fled to the basement, locking the door and remaining there for several days. Once the stored canned food began to run low, he emerged and began fortifying his home for zombie defense.

Starting Location: His home, consisting of a basement and two stories, and is completely boarded up.

Starting Equipment: Besides all of the miscellaneous items in his home, he carries a fireman's axe and a pistol on his belt, and has a satchel with various medical supplies and some room for carrying found items. He usually wears a collared shirt with jeans under a white medical coat that he wears to let others know that he can try to help.

Other: Every few days he leaves his home to go scouting for food or for survivors. He knows that his talents could be useful in a group. He tries his hardest not to think about his wife and child, or what happened to them.

I will survive! :3

And by the way... did you mean "Necronomicon" rather than "Necrominion," or are you trying to change it up?

The Necrominion!? i say we call ash, anybody got his phone number? no? -sighs- oh well i guess i'm playing my "survivors meet a new guy" card, i don't know if i can do this don't really care so yeah -plays card- overhead voice: "The Captain" has enter the game god help the Necromancer's souls."

"Character Sheet Uploaded"

Name:Captain David Woon but prefers to be called "The Captain".

Description:6,9 feet tall, Eye patch covering left eye got it when he was shot in the eye, an sword scar over left eye, mid length wavely dark brown hair, recently shaved bread and mustache

Why he's still alive:Skill, Rage and not want to die just yet take your pick on which is keeping him alive.

Starting Location:His house in the UK on the I.O.W , he had just come back from an MI6 mission and he is looking forward to see his family again, however when he gets home he sees the door has been forced open, he pulls out one of his pistols and goes inside, when he looks around he notices the windows are boarded up and there's blood everywhere, he rushes upstairs hoping his family is alright but all he finds is a zombie in his room he kills it quickly then he wonders where is his wife and kids!?

Starting Equipment:

Past: parents killed in a gang shootout he was 16, two years later everyone that's was involved those who ordered it and carried it has been killed by "someone" but no one knows him only that he leaves a calling card all the time "a skull with black angel wings" he was nicknamed the avenging angel of death, then went to japan and joined the army there few years later he's a captain he kills an corrupted officer who was about to kill a family but he kills the officer first, he then escaped japan barely and went to the UK and joined an elite force in the SAS skip two years and shit goes to hell again because half of his team went rouge and killed the rest of the team, david's the only one still alive and then goes a vengeful rampage killing the men went rouge.

Other:david has left his house now in search of his family with his sword tied to his belt, his colt 1911 pistol holstered under his arm at ready and his shotgun on his back lock and load he will find his family and kill those who take them from him.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked