The Lucky Ones,A Superhero/Fantasy RP with an idea (Closed,Running.)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

The Lucky Ones

An Rp With idea

Hello there folks, In this RP I will be using a new mechanic that will hopefully force you to play roles you aren't used to playing. You will be using a dice chart (In the spoiler below) to give you a basic template of your characters, which you will then flesh out further and give more character to the roles you are given by fate. Some parts of the chart are optional, which are distinguished by being labeled as such in brackets beside the aspect.

You probably noticed, and by probably I mean definitely, the super power chart at the end of the list itself, which I will now explain. Since this RP is the test for the dice chart idea, I have decided to make a super hero RP. However, I have made a slight twist to this.The setting is a fantasy setting, much like Medieval Europe, with a system of "If you have the power to take something do so". The origin of the powers is unknown, and therefore considered to be witchcraft, wizardry, divine gifts or all of the above. As such, the people who have been gifted with them, known as "Scions", are a mixture of hated, feared and worshipped by the populace.

For those of you who do not themselves posses a set of advanced Dice, Follow this link:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
Voukras will be Co-Gming and assisting me with nitpicking and figuring out if any of you have disregarded the idea this RP centers around and just made a character from scratch. Remember, this RP is about trying you out in roles you're not used to.

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:

For those of you who do not themselves posses a set of advanced Dice, Follow this link:

You could set up a user group with a dice roller - it might make the the game flow easier and you won't have to worry about people faking their rolls.

Just a suggestion

hiei82:

You could set up a user group with a dice roller - it might make the the game flow easier and you won't have to worry about people faking their rolls.

Just a suggestion

The dice chart is only necessary in the creation process, and I'd like to try and trust my players. It's still a good idea to make a group for OOC matters however, thank you for telling me to do so.

Wanted to post this before I forgot all my Dice rolls and such XD. To be edited when I think of the right stuff.
Updated Update: Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Apologies i'm not familiar with "Dice Rolling" and the table is alien to me but i gave it my best shot at figuring it out. I assumed that 1-4 for male or female meant i use that "d4" dice once?. And for example 1-8 options for build meant i used the "d8" dice? and for occupation i use the "d20" dice once, instead of twice like for my age?.

If i have it right i really like this idea, its quite fun. For supernatural abilities i noticed that there are 19 options on that link so i'll just use the dice to solve my inability to pick for me! :D

A Ten year old, magic, pessimistic, ginger girl. Glorious xD
I'll leave that there so i can remember what i got. Will edit Bio shortly

This is what I got somehow. These things always end up with the improbable...

I think that power makes her a God? Urhm... That makes her pretty OP.

And now she can become big and small. Awesome.

I'll edit it with details momentarily. Done!

I hope that's alright.

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:

I'll edit it with details momentarily.

"May be hard to chose among the infinite possibilities offered, impeding the efficiency"

Y'know its OP when a limitation is basically summed up by "I can't decide how i want to destroy you" xD

Pandalisk:

cut

"May be hard to chose among the infinite possibilities offered, impeding the efficiency"

Y'know its OP when a limitation is basically summed up by "I can't decide how i want to destroy you" xD

I know <.<;;

I'm putting things into her personality so she doesn't abuse it to hell and back. Literally.

I promise on my life if I get accepted I won't abuse this either, that'd be dumb and boring.

I might play it for laughs though...
It'd be hard NOT to play it for laughs...

Pandalisk:

cut

I know <.<;;

I'm putting things into her personality so she doesn't abuse it to hell and back. Literally.

I promise on my life if I get accepted I won't abuse this either, that'd be dumb and boring.

I might play it for laughs though...
It'd be hard NOT to play it for laughs...

As long as she doesn't turn my head into a marsh mellow too often i'd be content!.

I'm not quite sure what to write about my back story really, it has to be "hidden" apparently. How do i write about something i'm not actually allowed to reveal? xD

"and then this happened, i can't tell you what happened, why it happened, how it happened or how it changed my life, but by GOD!, IT HAPPENED!"

Pandalisk:

Pandalisk:
cut

As long as she doesn't turn my head into a marsh mellow too often i'd be content!.

I'm not quite sure what to write about my back story really, it has to be "hidden" apparently. How do i write about something i'm not actually allowed to reveal? xD

"and then this happened, i can't tell you what happened, why it happened, how it happened or how it changed my life, but by GOD!, IT HAPPENED!"

No promises

I think it might mean that she might not know about it herself, or something along those lines? Like you know what it is but the character doesn't?

Edit; Rerolled because OP told me too. Not as odd as the other one at least.

'Nother edit: Made a few additions to the sheet, didn't know we already had the power.

Pandalisk:

Pandalisk:
cut

No promises

I think it might mean that she might not know about it herself, or something along those lines? Like you know what it is but the character doesn't?

Turning my head into a marsh mellow goes against your Monkish background and principles!...Or do monks have a sweet tooth for confectionery goods or something?
I just noticed your characters a little girl too, this RP is going to turn into a girl scout convention at this rate. It'll be like sailor moon

Ah maybe, a primitive, intelligence-hating people from the marshes wouldn't take too kindly from someone whose powers come primarily from being able to read books either.

Pandalisk:

Pandalisk:

No promises

Turning my head into a marsh mellow goes against your Monkish background and principles!...Or do monks have a sweet tooth for confectionery goods or something?
I just noticed your characters a little girl too, this RP is going to turn into a girl scout convention at this rate. It'll be like sailor moon

Ah maybe, a primitive, intelligence-hating people from the marshes wouldn't take too kindly from someone whose powers come primarily from being able to read books either.

If it wasn't for the name, I'd think my character may have been in an anime. Also, why the hell are they letting little girls become knights? Have they run out of badasses?

ruedyn:

Pandalisk:

No promises

If it wasn't for the name, I'd think my character may have been in an anime. Also, why the hell are they letting little girls become knights? Have they run out of badasses?

Maybe the Reack kingdom think if they use little girls the Monks won't even bother fighting because it's not right to harm a lady? sly dogs.

The name if from Russian Anime!, that has to exist right?

Pandalisk:

ruedyn:

Pandalisk:

Maybe the Reack kingdom think if they use little girls the Monks won't even bother fighting because it's not right to harm a lady? sly dogs.

I don't think a russian loli would exist. I also don't think she would be a loving person.

ruedyn:

Pandalisk:

ruedyn:

I don't think a russian loli would exist. I also don't think she would be a loving person.

Your survival background may be a gateway for you to become a knight. Like you're imitating a very respected nobleman for as long as possible, one which is known for his small figure and quietness.

ruedyn:

I may have re rolled on the power, but I didn't think an omnipotent knight would be fair.

Also the name took forever to load off that site.

I'll edit it with details momentarily. Done!

I hope that's alright.

FARD, I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to rewrite and reroll your power. I should have mentioned it in the OP but whenever you get something that is technical omnipotence, you have to reroll. I'm afraid that I just can't trust anybody with that power and it kinda of detracts from the storyline. Also for people who are only using one word for their personalities, I'd like a paragraph at least.

well this might be fun so here goes nothing:

okay this looks like something that could be fun to RP as. Just quick question how would the tharblae react to man with skeletal monster minions?

nuba km:

okay this looks like something that could be fun to RP as. Just quick question how would the tharblae react to man with skeletal monster minions?

It's not personal strength, so it'd likely be frowned upon.

nuba km:

so only frowned upun but not exactly something that would cause someone to go into hiding?

Hope my character sheet is okay :) It took me a few power rolls to get something that didn't make me God xD

nuba km:

nuba km:

so only frowned upun but not exactly something that would cause someone to go into hiding?

Tharblae Civilization tends to both respect their dead and fear the Scions. You may have a reason to hide.

Stalydan:

Hope my character sheet is okay :) It took me a few power rolls to get something that didn't make me God xD

This is waaaaaay too short, try expanding upon the background and personality.

WTF my char is nutty as hell so far xD I kinda like it

Pandalisk:
Apologies i'm not familiar with "Dice Rolling" and the table is alien to me but i gave it my best shot at figuring it out. I assumed that 1-4 for male or female meant i use that "d4" dice once?. And for example 1-8 options for build meant i used the "d8" dice? and for occupation i use the "d20" dice once, instead of twice like for my age?.

If i have it right i really like this idea, its quite fun. For supernatural abilities i noticed that there are 19 options on that link so i'll just use the dice to solve my inability to pick for me! :D

id say mine and yours would get along well sense where 2 little girls XD

well here is version 1, any complaints or advice?

Veldie:

Pandalisk:

Good sweet Jesus another small girl xD
And your the second insane character, this will be some troop.

The will of the dice is....strange.

Pandalisk:

Veldie:

Pandalisk:

with the Insanity and pessimistic of are chars all shall feel the power of the crazy little girl team or die xD

The dice are indeed strange i was worried i would get a old person i didnt expect a little girl XD

Veldie:

Pandalisk:

Veldie:

with the Insanity and pessimistic of are chars all shall feel the power of the crazy little girl team or die xD

The dice are indeed strange i was worried i would get a old person i didnt expect a little girl XD

Its really hilarious how many low numbers the dice are granting us. I feel a ten year old is semi-alright to RP because at least a ten year old is somewhat mentally developed but a seven year old? I look forward to seeing you RP that truly!. My little brother is thirteen and he's still an idiot like.

Pandalisk:

Veldie:

Pandalisk:

Its really hilarious how many low numbers the dice are granting us. I feel a ten year old is semi-alright to RP because at least a ten year old is somewhat mentally developed but a seven year old? I look forward to seeing you RP that truly!. My little brother is thirteen and he's still an idiot like.

The hard part is thinking of a nice detailed bio xD so I just have it as if she wrote it lol

Im going to enjoy acting like a immature child and trying to irritate everyone like any tyke would lol

KronosTalon:

Wanted to post this before I forgot all my Dice rolls and such XD. To be edited when I think of the right stuff.

Sorry, just passing through, need to say something. Just, um...Quim is British slang for Vagina.

Uhm... I've never played a roleplaying game like this, but I'd like to give it a try. I hope you'll accept me into this. Please try to guide me whenever I screw something up.

So that would be my character. Please give me some feedback on if I did something wrong. I am aware that this was supposed to be about "superheroes", but i'd like to play my character as chaotic neutral.

Also, since I am a newcomer, can someone please explain me the general flow of the game? how do we proceed once the characters are created?

Also, how realistic is this intended to be?

Thanks, I hope you guys will guide me on this roleplaying experience.

FARD, I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to rewrite and reroll your power. I should have mentioned it in the OP but whenever you get something that is technical omnipotence, you have to reroll. I'm afraid that I just can't trust anybody with that power and it kinda of detracts from the storyline.

Fair enough, I can't say I'm really suprised. Rerolled and edited the sheet as appropriate. Hope it's good now.

Stalydan:
Snip

This is waaaaaay too short, try expanding upon the background and personality.

Okay, added a bit more to it now :)

PrinceOfShapeir:

KronosTalon:

Sorry, just passing through, need to say something. Just, um...Quim is British slang for Vagina.

Hmm.. Well thanks for the heads up XD. I think I may head back to the name generator XD.

Snip

Okay sounds awesome and unique just two things.

Can we choose our own names or do we roll for them?

I'm having struggling to understand that D&D dice site in the linked OP.

Question: Would describing the Tharblae as Ancient Celtic/Germanic Dothraki be accurate (just so I can picture the culture)?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked