The Lucky Ones,A Superhero/Fantasy RP with an idea (Closed,Running.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Ok is it me or is most this group made up of little female children XD not the posters but the chars god save this world from the wrath of super powered little girls

ProtoChimp:
Can we choose our own names or do we roll for them?

I'm having struggling to understand that D&D dice site in the linked OP.

You go to the 'behind the name' site and 'roll' a random name there.

And the dice site is pretty simple to work out; the Nbr column refers to the amount of die of that type (you just use this for age [2d20]) to roll.
Modifiers are for actual D&D combat and don't matter here (that's stuff like '+5 Damage').
Find the die with the right number of sides (ie build=d8) and click roll. Then look in 'results'.

Veldie:
Ok is it me or is most this group made up of little female children XD not the posters but the chars god save this world from the wrath of super powered little girls

At least mine is an adult male now. Might make him a pedo for the lulz.

This looks fun, hope you like my character. I have always loved randomly generated characters for RP.

TrilbyWill:

ProtoChimp:

You go to the 'behind the name' site and 'roll' a random name there.

And the dice site is pretty simple to work out; the Nbr column refers to the amount of die of that type (you just use this for age [2d20]) to roll.
Modifiers are for actual D&D combat and don't matter here (that's stuff like '+5 Damage').
Find the die with the right number of sides (ie build=d8) and click roll. Then look in 'results'.

Okay, um still a little confused, maybe I shouldn't join since I still dont get it, but is this guy right?

Pandalisk:
Apologies i'm not familiar with "Dice Rolling" and the table is alien to me but i gave it my best shot at figuring it out. I assumed that 1-4 for male or female meant i use that "d4" dice once?. And for example 1-8 options for build meant i used the "d8" dice? and for occupation i use the "d20" dice once, instead of twice like for my age?.

If i have it right i really like this idea, its quite fun. For supernatural abilities i noticed that there are 19 options on that link so i'll just use the dice to solve my inability to pick for me! :D

A Ten year old, magic, pessimistic, ginger girl. Glorious xD
I'll leave that there so i can remember what i got. Will edit Bio shortly

KronosTalon:

PrinceOfShapeir:

KronosTalon:

Wanted to post this before I forgot all my Dice rolls and such XD. To be edited when I think of the right stuff.

Sorry, just passing through, need to say something. Just, um...Quim is British slang for Vagina.

Hmm.. Well thanks for the heads up XD. I think I may head back to the name generator XD.

*sigh* I'm an idiot, where's the name generator?

Stalydan:

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:

Stalydan:
Snip

This is waaaaaay too short, try expanding upon the background and personality.

Okay, added a bit more to it now :)

OniaPL:
Uhm... I've never played a roleplaying game like this, but I'd like to give it a try. I hope you'll accept me into this. Please try to guide me whenever I screw something up.

So that would be my character. Please give me some feedback on if I did something wrong. I am aware that this was supposed to be about "superheroes", but i'd like to play my character as chaotic neutral.

Also, since I am a newcomer, can someone please explain me the general flow of the game? how do we proceed once the characters are created?

Also, how realistic is this intended to be?

Thanks, I hope you guys will guide me on this roleplaying experience.

Answers to your questions: Me and my Co-GM will set the scene, and you'll decide what you would like your character to do from there. Superheroes is a misleading title, the original idea is what would happen if we released super powered beings loose in a Feudalistic continent and allowed people to have their fun with the populace. you post something, someone else posts something, story progress so on a so forth. Realism is hard to say. There are no monsters and no magics, technology is at the pre-said levels and Gods don't really have any physical interaction with the world. I'd like it if you could combine bio and background, and actually expand upon your personality. I doubt you could be summed up in one word, so neither should your character.

TrilbyWill:

Question: Would describing the Tharblae as Ancient Celtic/Germanic Dothraki be accurate (just so I can picture the culture)?

I hate to say that my gaps in that area of History/Civilization are pretty darn big, so you'll have to give me an idea of what you mean.quote="Stalydan" post="540.384154.15228354"]

Stalydan:
Snip

This is waaaaaay too short, try expanding upon the background and personality.

Okay, added a bit more to it now :)

[/quote]
As I said for OniaPL people's personalities are more complicated than one word, please expand upon your character's.

ProtoChimp:

Snip

Okay sounds awesome and unique just two things.

What are you having trouble with? And the rolling for names if optional.

Also if you'd be kind enough to link your power wiki article like Trilby Will has, I'd be grateful.

I hate to say that my gaps in that area of History/Civilization are pretty darn big, so you'll have to give me an idea of what you mean.

Well, the ancient Celts have a pretty similar culture to Game of Thrones' Dothraki, and the ancient Germanic people had a similar reputation (they're the origin of the word 'barbarian').
Basically, barbaric hordes (who all have a thing about styling their hair) who group together into clans/tribes based on families (ie Clan MacWhatever) and location, and run around killing the people and pillaging the towns.

TrilbyWill:

I hate to say that my gaps in that area of History/Civilization are pretty darn big, so you'll have to give me an idea of what you mean.

Well, the ancient Celts have a pretty similar culture to Game of Thrones' Dothraki, and the ancient Germanic people had a similar reputation (they're the origin of the word 'barbarian').
Basically, barbaric hordes (who all have a thing about styling their hair) who group together into clans/tribes based on families (ie Clan MacWhatever) and location, and run around killing the people and pillaging the towns.

Pretty much. It's all about glory on the battlefield and respecting your elders and betters, who are usually your Superior in terms of military.

[Answers to your questions: Me and my Co-GM will set the scene, and you'll decide what you would like your character to do from there. Superheroes is a misleading title, the original idea is what would happen if we released super powered beings loose in a Feudalistic continent and allowed people to have their fun with the populace. you post something, someone else posts something, story progress so on a so forth. Realism is hard to say. There are no monsters and no magics, technology is at the pre-said levels and Gods don't really have any physical interaction with the world. I'd like it if you could combine bio and background, and actually expand upon your personality. I doubt you could be summed up in one word, so neither should your character.

Hey, thanks for the answers.

I edited in some personality information; it's kind of intended to just give people the general view and grasp of the character. Hopefully it's sufficient; didn't feel like writing an essay and trying to explain every angle.

I kind of integrated the "Excitement" background into the bio, or so i thoguht. The excitement being the excitement caused by his newfound powers as he was a child, and now trying to get the most use out of them in an attempt to unlock the secrets of his mind and body. Of course the excitement should come through in his lust for whatever that satisfies him, resulting in him being a wanderer and not staying still for long.

Oh well. Give the personality part a look at some point (if you have the time), and tell if it's fine. Thanks.

OniaPL:

[Answers to your questions: Me and my Co-GM will set the scene, and you'll decide what you would like your character to do from there. Superheroes is a misleading title, the original idea is what would happen if we released super powered beings loose in a Feudalistic continent and allowed people to have their fun with the populace. you post something, someone else posts something, story progress so on a so forth. Realism is hard to say. There are no monsters and no magics, technology is at the pre-said levels and Gods don't really have any physical interaction with the world. I'd like it if you could combine bio and background, and actually expand upon your personality. I doubt you could be summed up in one word, so neither should your character.

Hey, thanks for the answers.

I edited in some personality information; it's kind of intended to just give people the general view and grasp of the character. Hopefully it's sufficient; didn't feel like writing an essay and trying to explain every angle.

I kind of integrated the "Excitement" background into the bio, or so i thoguht. The excitement being the excitement caused by his newfound powers as he was a child, and now trying to get the most use out of them in an attempt to unlock the secrets of his mind and body. Of course the excitement should come through in his lust for whatever that satisfies him, resulting in him being a wanderer and not staying still for long.

Oh well. Give the personality part a look at some point (if you have the time), and tell if it's fine. Thanks.

I meant don't make Bio and Background different sections. They're the same thing.

Sorry to double post but I just realized something else. I also need some real gosh darn character descriptions. The rolls don't cover what your wearing, an extra details you may want to mention, ect. ect. and also it doesn't give me an idea of you ability in descriptive writing.

TrilbyWill:

Pretty much. It's all about glory on the battlefield and respecting your elders and betters, who are usually your Superior in terms of military.

Unrelated to the posts I quoted but thank you both for the help, also sorry I wasn't getting the dice roll thing, dyslexia getting the better of me.

Edit: Still needs more and a good clean up but I gotta go to work. Definately gonna finish this today.

Sorry to double post but I just realized something else. I also need some real gosh darn character descriptions. The rolls don't cover what your wearing, an extra details you may want to mention, ect. ect. and also it doesn't give me an idea of you ability in descriptive writing.

iv been editing my char as day goes on and wondering how it is you seemed to quote everyone else and worried its bad or its going good xD

ProtoChimp:

Will update this in about an hour.

Gonna have to say something that lets you imitate the power of gods counts as "Technical omnipotence". Please reroll.

Veldie:

iv been editing my char as day goes on and wondering how it is you seemed to quote everyone else and worried its bad or its going good xD

I think I'll have to ask you reroll your character, along with some others, because of the over abundance of teenage and below girls.

I think I'll have to ask you reroll your character, along with some others, because of the over abundance of teenage and below girls.

Shouldn't the people who got it after be forced to first plus I been working on it all day lol me and another player found a connection even and iv been thinking up stuff for her all day and it would be better to go for others who haven't detailed there chars yet I been adding lots and such and its a pain to write up a entire char just to erase it like that xP not arguing with you but trying appeal because iv grown attached to my char I made :D

I can reroll power tho if you like

Snip

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Temporal_Rewind should I re roll or should I stick with time rewind?

ProtoChimp:

Snip

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Temporal_Rewind should I re roll or should I stick with time rewind?

I'd presume that's a bit too strong since you can just rewind time until things go as you want them to go. xP

Veldie:

Shouldn't the people who got it after be forced to first plus I been working on it all day lol me and another player found a connection even and iv been thinking up stuff for her all day and it would be better to go for others who haven't detailed there chars yet I been adding lots and such and its a pain to write up a entire char just to erase it like that xP not arguing with you but trying appeal because iv grown attached to my char I made :D

I can reroll power tho if you like

These reason I'm asking you to reroll is because you're much too young for your roleplaying to be credible, and your background cant' work properly with your age. Also out of the characters I would like people to reroll your's is one of the weakest. I'll be asking others and in fact I have been, but I'm not sure I can trust you to roleplay well with the character that you have.

ProtoChimp:

Snip

You can have it but I'm gonna need to stick a limiter in there. Voukras suggested that you age more rapidly proportionally to the amount of time you go back. So if you were to jump back a day, you'd age a year. I like this idea.

TrilbyWill:

I have to say you're another person I have to ask to reroll.

What parts specifically would you like me to re-roll?

ProtoChimp:

Snip

You can have it but I'm gonna need to stick a limiter in there. Voukras suggested that you age more rapidly proportionally to the amount of time you go back. So if you were to jump back a day, you'd age a year. I like this idea.

That sounds fantastic, and it can fit great with my character, alright I'm good, I can finish up my character now :)

ProtoChimp:

Snip

I'd like to add that ProtoChimp should not travel back in time more than a few seconds, at most minutes unless we say otherwise. This isn't really because that would be extremely powerful, that's an issue too, but the main issue is that it would be almost impossible to roleplay. If ProtoChimp goes back in time how is that going to reflect on posts that have already happened? We'd either have to edit all affected posts or do all the posts again from the point he traveled to, to the present. That would be pretty much a nightmare. So that's why I'm going to have to ask you, ProtoChimp, to limit your ability in those regards as well. Sorry.

TrilbyWill:

Age, Gender and Power, you cool with that?

Voukras:

ProtoChimp:

Snip

I'd like to add that ProtoChimp should not travel back in time more than a few seconds, at most minutes unless we say otherwise. This isn't really because that would be extremely powerful, that's an issue too, but the main issue is that it would be almost impossible to roleplay. If ProtoChimp goes back in time how is that going to reflect on posts that have already happened? We'd either have to edit all affected posts or do all the posts again from the point he traveled to, to the present. That would be pretty much a nightmare. So that's why I'm going to have to ask you, ProtoChimp, to limit your ability in those regards as well. Sorry.

I re rolled and got this as a back up http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Inner_Beast

I'm not sure I could really trust myself, so I go on your decison which od you think is best?

TrilbyWill:

I'm cool with that.
I might re-roll the whole sheet.

TrilbyWill:

TrilbyWill:

I'm cool with that.

I'm supremely cool with you doing that, thank you.

ProtoChimp:

Voukras:

ProtoChimp:

I re rolled and got this as a back up http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Inner_Beast

I'm not sure I could really trust myself, so I go on your decison which od you think is best?

I'm personally cool with this. Sounds like an interesting power. How about me and Voukras decide the terms of your beast and get back to you?

TrilbyWill:

I'm cool with that.

I'm supremely cool with you doing that, thank you.

ProtoChimp:

Voukras:

I'm personally cool with this. Sounds like an interesting power. How about me and Voukras decide the terms of your beast and get back to you?

Sounds good thank you.

ProtoChimp:

Voukras:

ProtoChimp:

It's up to you. Like I said, if you really want temporal rewind you will have to restrict your time travel to short voyages into the past. Stuff like dodging blows, using it as a social safety net (like accusing someone of a crime to see his reaction than rewinding time so that it appears nothing happened), being point man and checking if a zone is safe, rewinding if need be etc.

You would need to be careful to not travel back in time too much, or else you'll mess up the continuity of the posts and you should avoid inadvertently controlling another person's character when you travel back in time unless you specifically ask for their permission or get their input before posting (I'm talking about situations like interacting with a player's character in order to learn new information then rewind time so that apparently your interaction did not take place, this does not mess up post continuity but would constitute auto-ing). If you screw up what will probably happen is that your posts will get retconned or ignored and you will make us sad.

Inner Beast is an okay ability, you can pick it up instead of Temporal Rewind if you wish.

um sir strange of the house you seemed to have accidently skipped over my character sheet.

EDIT: My bad, DM.

I edited my character sheet. Now there's less girls =D

Arcanist:
Garret Josiah

Profession: Scribe

Superhuman Ability: Clairvoyance - The ability to see into the future, as well as seeing otherwise unobservable events. Naturally, his powers have limits - omniscient heroes are no fun. He can only see a few seconds into the future with true reliability, and his visions become vague and incomprehensible the further he casts them into the future - his ultimate limit being two days.

Background: Garret's seen it all. Growing up as a scribe to the Jeenda, a prominent family in the Reaak Kingdom, he's hardly a stranger to greed, cruelty, and political intrigue - but nothing could have prepared him for the day at the ripe age of 17 that he published a treatise condemning the actions of another powerful family - the Bavvard - at the behest of his employer. Furious, the Bavaard family used their many connections to the king to have Garret arrested, any copies of his treatise burned, and moved to usurp his employers as formal rulers over the county.

The night before, however, Garret had a strange premonition in a dream - his first ever - that warned him that great danger awaited him if he stayed in the Reaak Kingdoms. As he fled, he had another vision, this one of the present, showing his former employers being dragged away in chains. Disillusioned with his homeland and fleeing for his life, he ran to the Iyuo Mountains, where he stays to this day.

Today he trains in hand to hand combat and meditates with the monks of the order to hone his powers, ever vigilant for the inevitable Bavvard assassin - or for the opportunity to take his revenge.

Personality: Deeply pessimistic after being ran out of his homeland, he hides his fears and insecurities behind a thick veneer of sarcasm. Still, he has a strong sense of justice and will help the oppressed and downtrodden where he can. Often comes across as mildly paranoid.

Other information - 5'11" and of average build. Black hair, Brown eyes.

Put it in spoilers, extend personality and physical.

ruedyn:
I edited my character sheet. Now there's less girls =D

Awww without even being asked. Thanks buddy.

nuba km:
um sir strange of the house you seemed to have accidently skipped over my character sheet.

I'll read it, but the run on sentences and improper capitalization/grammar physically hurt me to read.
Alright read it. Sort out your capitalization and grammar, extend physical and personality and bit and it's a fairly good application.

Voukras:

It's up to you. Like I said, if you really want temporal rewind you will have to restrict your time travel to short voyages into the past. Stuff like dodging blows, using it as a social safety net (like accusing someone of a crime to see his reaction than rewinding time so that it appears nothing happened), being point man and checking if a zone is safe, rewinding if need be etc.

You would need to be careful to not travel back in time too much, or else you'll mess up the continuity of the posts and you should avoid inadvertently controlling another person's character when you travel back in time unless you specifically ask for their permission or get their input before posting (I'm talking about situations like interacting with a player's character in order to learn new information then rewind time so that apparently your interaction did not take place, this does not mess up post continuity but would constitute auto-ing). If you screw up what will probably happen is that your posts will get retconned or ignored and you will make us sad.

Inner Beast is an okay ability, you can pick it up instead of Temporal Rewind if you wish.

That does sound super interesting, but call me boring I just don't want to mess up my first rp, I'll stick with Beast. Although now I am torn, I'll probably be doing beast.

nuba km:

I'll read it, but the run on sentences and improper capitalization/grammar physically hurt me to read.

Yea, I am dyslexic, but if the lack of capitals were they should be is your main issue that is something I can take care of easily before any post. Other things may not be taken care of as easily.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked