Age of the Necromancers (Game Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Victor

You find a very bloody, but unopen, first aid kit.

(Imagine what you find inside an unopen kit.)

The child's mutilated corpse stirs...

Spector29:
Snip

Ryan expected as much. Necromancers were never to be 'friendly' especially with one of their own. It was a struggle, a kin to kin battle trying to reach the top of the throne. He looked at the totem, and then wondered... why did Void not want the totem? Was there another plan he had going, perhaps just to show Adam he shouldn't be 'king'? Again Ryan was deep in thought.

"War .. it seems like Adam wants to secure his position, and knows better then to just sit there feeling prideful. I would of designed zombies to suit a purpose too, which is why..."

His eyes met Eric's, the zombie he controls who's in perfect condition with no decay or wounds on him- expect he had hollow eyes. This totem would really be a way for Ryan to investigate the dark arts on a whole new manner, and see how it works.

".. Hmm." Ryan laid it out on the steel table. It glowed, pulsing even.. and had some sort of flesh over it. Ryan could tell the material it was crafted out of, the only real question was the magic itself, or it's power. How did it come to be like a transmitter?

Temporarily ignoring the kit, stirring body. Mortified, he sees that it's become a zombie. Even though it was a child once... Victor had to make himself believe that is wasn't anymore. Raising up the axe before the body could gain ground, he chopped down once, slicing through it's chest. still it continued crawling toward him, and he was forced to again chop at the body, this time cleaving all the way through the soft, rotten flesh.

Gagging, Victor grabbed the first aid kid and fled out of the van. Trying to keep thoughts from his head, he decided to go ahead and try to search the mall.

Victor cautiously opened the door to Dillard's, trying not to make a sound. Wasting no time, he headed to the men's department, hoping to acquire some less bloodied clothes. He knew he wouldn't find a replacement for his coat, but a new shirt every once in a while never hurt. But first, he looked around for zombies or anything else useful, though he didn't hope to find any such tools in a department store.

Ryan

The bulb at the top of the Totem pulsed slightly.

Victor

Your entrance was not stealthy. The cameras saw everything, so someone in the security room may have seen you. Or anyone else who knows the mall intimately.

Spector29:
The bulb at the top of the Totem pulsed slightly.

Ryan thought about the totem.. and then he thought about Void's laughter through the zombie. Why did it change tone, and still why did... Ryan couldn't think all that straight. His mind was filled with questions about how these zombies can come in different types, and how Adam made such dangerous zombies.

Ryan

THE BULB AT THE TOP OF THE TOTEM PULSED SLIGHTLY. IT SEEMED IT COULD BE CUT OPEN.

Spector29:
Why U Shout At Me Snip

Ryan was so much in thought, he didn't notice the obvious fact that the bulb at the top was pulsing too. This caught his eye after finally paying attention and Ryan shifted up with his arms spread out. Then he decided the top needed to be opened.

He stood back and had his zombie Eric start cutting the tip, using an operating knife. He watched carefully, making sure his zombie was taking the time to properly cut it. What would he find, who knows... but it would explain how it kept glowing.

Ryan

The bulb was apparently tightly sealed, because as soon as it was free, a grey brain-like object plopped out of the cut. it seemed to be part mush, and gave off a very bad smell.

Spector29:
The bulb was apparently tightly sealed, because as soon as it was free, a grey brain-like object plopped out of the cut. it seemed to be part mush, and gave off a very bad smell.

"... ?!"

Ryan came up to it, still being cautious but traced his fingers alongside the mushed-up gray object. Was this someone's brain that Adam was using in order to get across to other zombies with control? He has never seen something like this before, and further study would be good. However it was quick small, maybe it wasn't a brain but...

".. Could this be, what I think it is..."

Seeing no zombies, Victor went to pick out a shirt. He settled on one that was light blue with a blue-and-purple built in tie, just because. Hanging his coat on the hanger, he quickly changed, leaving his old, bloody shirt in a pile on the floor.

After putting his coat back on, he continued to the mall's main floor. It was only one story high; a small mall, but it did have a food court, which was where he was headed, to hopefully find some plastic pizza that was so popular before the apocalypse.

Hurrying down the hall, he thought he heard something move in a nearby store.

Spector29:
I'ma keep Derping it up

It was, it was a brain. Ryan may of taken classes understanding how things like this could happen- heck you can get electricity through a potato if done right, but this...? Seemed like necromancy was a skill level of it's own. No longer did it have to revolve around just zombies, it can be used to invent tools like this.

".. .. But, still... why did Void want me to sabotage Adam's totem. What was the point if... ............ wait."

Void's feminine laugh.
Adam's history before becoming on top.
That girl who left to prepare..

Was Void ... did she have a relationship with Adam? ... Is-

".. .. It appears I was in their affair, being used to show Adam he was in the wrong..?"

The slumped zombie in the corner stirred. Was it trying to listen in?

Spector29:
The slumped zombie in the corner stirred. Was it trying to listen in?

Ryan used some of his medical tools stashed in the lower shelves to dissectthe brain, seeing if anything about it is human or something else. In the meantime, he thought about Void, and trying to remember the stories revolving around that woman who was with Adam. What was her name... he wondered. If he figured it out, it could serve him well to research her bio in his curious attempts to learn all he can about necromancy and the Lords themselves.

The brain was clearly rotted. It was obvious that separating the brain from the Totem has caused the Totem to stop working. Maybe examination of the other parts of the Totem would yield more information.

The corpse in the corner stirred again, expecting to hear something.

Spector29:
The brain was clearly rotted. It was obvious that separating the brain from the Totem has caused the Totem to stop working. Maybe examination of the other parts of the Totem would yield more information.

The corpse in the corner stirred again, expecting to hear something.

As Ryan experimented, putting the brain to use seeing how it powers the totem and how it affects his zombie (which hasn't shown any effects yet), Ryan thought more and more about the Void character. Their affair reminded him of his ex girlfriend, which caused him to stop operating on the brain.

He remembered the days when he and his ex were close. It was an on and off relationship but what they had- no one could replace or take it away from them. She was hispanic, her hair black like the night sky, her laughs enjoyable because you knew she really meant them... her kisses, her tears... . Ryan clenched his fists remembering the days she clung to him and talked about the future, what happened with them.

The last day he saw her before she died... she told him that they were moving away but no matter what to keep in touch with her. She would eventually come back to see him, maybe start again officially. Her lips were tender, her eyes sincere. The last thing Ryan said to her was just mentioning her name, unable to say don't go. That's when it hit him-

".. Maria."

The zombie in the corner stood up, angry.

"You called?" A feminine voice came from the creature.

Spector29:
The zombie in the corner stood up, angry.

"You called?" A feminine voice came from the creature.

Now this made Ryan flash his face, a bit startled only because he didn't expect this.
Yet, this was the perfect opportunity to question this zombie. "So.. you're Maria."

"May I ask... why you chosen to be this 'Void' character? Why you want to go against Adam and how you came to be so skilled in necromancy? .. I don't plan on telling the world about you, but I didn't think of all people, you would actually be a Lord. The rumors didn't go revolving around your disappearance but rather what came to be."

Void's laugh was pained now.

"I didn't want this, you know. When I left Adam, I didn't know what to do. He'd obviously kill ether himself or everybody else if he kept playing with that book, and I wanted to leave before I got hurt too. Maybe it was selfish of me." Void's minion sneered.

"But I never came up. No one thought to investigate what happened to Lord Terror's long lost lover. Shay already knows I'm alive, though probably not that I'm Void. Techron and Occulus probably don't care."

The zombie looked sad, as sad as a zombie could.

"I just want to see Adam again, but he seems so paranoid now. So I am Void, and I'm communicating with many people to try and find out how to see him again."

Spector29:
"I just want to see Adam again, but he seems so paranoid now. So I am Void, and I'm communicating with many people to try and find out how to see him again."

Getting a zombie to speak intelligently was one thing, but to express one's own emotions through a corpse?
Ryan stood there just observing this zombie, taking in everything it had just spoken to him.

"So .. taking away his totem would draw Adam's attention? That doesn't seem to be the best way of doing things."

But Ryan wasn't the type of guy to rub things in or say 'tough luck'. He felt she could use more help.. but he also wanted something out of it. So he came up with the perfect deal in all of this, one that seemed fair and reasonable.

"Tell you what Void, I help you reach Adam to try making him sane again since I have studied a lot of psychology and in return you teach me all you know about necromancy. Besides... studying on the patients here in the mental hospital is going to eventually get them all killed from traumatizing stress levels or composed to diseases, or from a break in perhaps."

The zombie had an evil look in his eye.

"About that, I also wanted to give you a warning. Not just Adam noticed you knocking down the Totem, Occulus is coming. I suggest you move, quickly."

The zombie slumped to the ground.

One eye opened, "Also, deal accepted. But first, you need a Necrominion. A warehouse on the outskirts of town should have one buried there, apparently some crazy necromancer killed a bunch of others and buried them. She'd dead now, though."

The eye closed. A rumbling could be heard, faint in the distance.

UPDATE TIME

Fallow

Thump. Thump. Thump. There was a banging on the front door. A Zombie with what looked like balls of bone and skin instead of hands was hitting the frame gently, as if trying to not knock anything out of place. Behind him stood a humanoid with a deadly aura, and behing him stood two towering creatures, looking like they were made entirely of muscle with a thick bone coating.

Fallow looked at the motley collection of flesh and evil through the peep-hole in his rooms door. "Oh my, well this should be interesting. Do we have anything that we can use in case things get ugly, Edgar?"

"uuurrrgghhh" Edgar appeared holding a torn cable that had been on the lab floor, it still sparked with electric life.

"Ah I see what you're getting at. Excellent improvisational skills Edgar." Turning back to the door, Fallow coughed to clear his throat. "Yes! Who is it? If you're the Jehovahs we don't want any!"

A deer ran off where Simon had heard the noise and had pointed his gun at. I was spooked by a deer? I guess I am really on the edge. Simon refilled his water bottle and the flask. He stood up and continued his travel to the city. After about another hour of walking and avoiding the undead he arrived at his destination. The edge of the forest overlooking the city. He saw the flaming buildings the zombies it was chaos down there. "Great." Simon looked around. Now to think of a good point to use as an base of operations. I mean I want to find my brother and then leave. But I am sure it won't be that easy so I need a safe place to return to with supplies. The police station? no that was most likely overrun. A gun store? No those would already have been raided. A mall? It was big and most had heavy doors and such. Well it seemed the best choice given the choices he had.

He grabbed his crowbar and searched his mind for the fastest way to the mall. He remembered and few back alley's which he would take because there would be less zombies. He looked for an gap between the zombies. he ran toward the alley hitting 2 unfortunate zombies against their head, they were standing in his way. He ran into the first alley way. Only 1 more to go. He smelled something off. He grabbed his crowbar tighter as he saw there was 1 zombie in the alleyway. After 2 hits this zombie was also very dead. He once again searched for supplies. Simon began to feel lightly fatigued. but nothing mayor. After searing the undead he found nothing of use. "Well this was an waste of my time." Simon grabbed his crowbar as he walked to the edge of the alley spotting the alley on the other side. He decided to give his crowbar a name. But be would think of one later.

Simon prepared himself and then ran like hell sliding over an nearby car and running past the zombies. Some of the zombies began following him. There was also an zombie in the alley way, he was now caught between the zombies behind him and in front of him. With the adrenaline racing through his body, he didn't couldn't think straight so he did something rash. He ran toward the one in front of him and side stepped on the last moment making the zombie miss his grab. He quickly ran past it as he headed for the mall. He saw an side door but it was locked, "NO NO NO!" just as he was about to have an panic attack he saw an zombie security guard. It was slowly moving toward him. He lifted his crowbar up.

3 strikes later the guard was dead and he had his key's. Unfortunately he only had 1 key for the door. But seeing as he was now followed by 20 zombies he opened it and closed it as fast as he could. He ran into the nearest shop. which turned out to be an book store. He tried to catch his breath for a few seconds. After about 5 minutes he had caught his breath. He then looked around the store. There is nothing for me here. He walked back out of the book store rifle ready to shoot at a moments notice. He then stood face to face with another survivor. He was shocked for just a second, but then he pointed his rifle at the man. "Are you infected?" Simon's looked at the man with an cold look. If the man was to reach for his gun Simon would kill him without giving it a second thought. Only one thing mattered to him now.

Shane decided to leave the store. He wasn't gonna starve to death after he promised his dad he was going to survive.
"Alright, I still got my bike so I can ride. I just gotta be fast". He noticed there were still a few zombies outside, however they were focusing on some pigeons perched on a nearby tree.
"Dumbass zombies" he chuckled to himself. With what little strength he had he slowly made some space in the centre of the barricade and opened the doors. He sat on his bicycle hoping to quickly ride out of the high street.
"Okay, moment of truth". He readied himself and rode out of the store, backpack on with only his two empty water bottles, can opener, spoon and butcher knives-which he still hasn't had need for thankfully.

He brought some unwanted zombie attention as he rode but on his bike he was far too quick for them. Riding through town he kept thinking were was the best place to find food. He remembered a fast food joint by his college, but that was ages away.
"What about that crappy mall? I'm pretty sure it was round here." And he was right, not even very far from the sporting goods store. He rode with anticipation. Maybe it was infested, maybe survivors hunkered it down into a fortress, who knows. He decided to check out the back alleys first, bad idea. There must have been at least 20 zombies trying to break into the doors.
"Best find another way in." He rode around the front of the mall, where he expected to find hundreds of zombies there were surprisingly few. He made his way to the front doors and awkwardly worked his bike into the entrance. One of the zombies outside noticed and started dragging its rotting carcass towards him. Leaving his bike halfway trapped in the door he through on of his knives at the zombie, only to get it in the chest, leaving almost no effect. But it stumbled and he took this opportunity to get beside it and kick its knee and, snapping it and bringing the freak to its knees. He then kicked its face to the floor before jumping on its head. Blood splattered all over his shoes and legs and he went speechless. This was his first kill. It was disgusting, the brains of this... former person were all over the pavement. And it was so easy. It didn't even seem fair to the zombie, it was already all broken and undead anyway. He cast such thoughts out of his mind for now and pulled his knife out of its chest and went back to forcing his bike into the store.
Gracelessly he and the bike fell into the store. He began riding his bike inside trying to find the food court or an indoor fast food place.

Woah, three PCs together in one place? You all better get acquainted soon, because fun is on the way.

Fallow

The figure in the middle laughed, causing the others along with him to laugh as well.

"No No, not anything like that. I'd like you to come down here, I'm in a bit of a predicament."

Startled by the man, Victor put his hands up beside his head. He was still holding his axe, but he tried his best to lot look aggressive, holding on to it with nothing more than two fingers and a thumb. Victor looked carefully at his aggressor. He was quite rough, but he looked rough, with scars on his face and a missing digit. Victor saw the slightly crazed and wildly determined look in the man's eye, and though he wasn't completely sure the man was stable, he had to cooperate.

"I'm clean," Victor said, trying to expose some of the key points in his skin such as his neck to try and prove it. "See?"

Simon looked at the man. No obvious signs of sickness, no wounds and he looked like an more educated person not the type to join an looter group or be aggressive. He poses no danger if I don't provoke him. Simon lowered his rifle."I believe that you are clean. I just had to make sure you wouldn't attack me on sight." Simon looked around before he placed the rifle over his shoulder."My name is Simon what is yours?" He looked at the man with an curious look. He grabbed his crowbar which was covered in blood, and some pieces of rotten flesh from zombies which he began to remove with his hands.

Shane rode through the main floor of the mall. He was so confused. "Why are there no zombies on the main floor? Are they at another place in the mall or something? There was dozens outside." Even with his low strength he couldn't fight the urge to pop a few wheelie's while going through the deserted shopping centre. He saw a hanging sign with a few directions, one with an arrow pointing up towards the food court. With delight Shane drove his bicycle through the empty building, humming the song "Bicycle" by Queen.
Halfway to the food court he decided to challenge himself and decided to try a wheelie all the way to the food court-stupid decision. On his way his back wheel slid over a pool of blood on the floor and his bike went crashing forward while he fell on his side and smashed his left elbow on the hard cold floor.
"Ahh god dammit, fuck!" He shouted in pain not thinking of what attention he may be bringing.

"My name is Victor Gray. I-" Victor began, but he was cut off as he heard curses being yelled from just down the hall. He snapped his head to face the direction from which he had heard the scream. Well, he thought, [/i]whoever that wasn't doesn't sound infected...yet.[/i] As should have been expected after such a racket, several zombies exited from miscellaneous stores, hearing the cry of injured meat and shambling to be the first to reach it.

Without thinking twice, Victor took off running towards the voice. If he wasn't too late, he would help him defend himself, whoever he was.

"My name is Victor Gray. I-" Victor's introduction was cut short by an loud crash. Followed by an scream, a human scream. Victor began to run toward the sound."Hey wait!" Victor didn't listen. Simon decided that it might be safer if they sticked together. And if there was another survivor maybe they could work together to defend the mall, or at least raid it together. Zombies appeared and were drawn to the loud noise. "Dammit." I guess we will have to hurry to help that person before he was eaten by the zombies. Simon grabbed his crowbar and ran in the same direction as Victor. He remained a few meters behind him. He was ready to swing with his crowbar in case zombies appeared close to him.

Spector29:

The figure in the middle laughed, causing the others along with him to laugh as well.

"No No, not anything like that. I'd like you to come down here, I'm in a bit of a predicament."

"Hmmm. what do you think Edgar?"

"Groogluhh." moaned Edgar.

"Oh you worry too much, you're just like my mother! Hold on out there!" Fallow called back to the other side of the door as he fumbled with the collection of locks on the door. Opening it he surveyed the party for the first time. The two at the back certainly seemed impressive, perhaps he could take them for himself at some point. Though for now he thought it would only be right to treat a fellow necromancer - at least he assumed they were a necromancer - with the respect and courtesy they deserve.

"Please come in, come in, take a load off. Afraid I can't offer you any refreshments unless toxic bile is to your taste. Edagr! Fetch our guest some bile!"

Shane continued to writhe in agony. He tried moving his arm but everytime he did it just caused him more pain. "Please don't be broken" he cried. A broken arm could be a death sentence in this world. He stood slowly and realised what he had done. His heart was in his throat as he had realised what he had done. Zombies were coming from all directions. He tried to lift his bike but he had to drop it as the pressure was too much on his arm. Shane ran up a nearbly escalator to the second/top floor of the mall. He could see more zombies on the top floor but they didn't seem as aggregated to his presence. He readied his still blood soaked butcher knife, the red liquid still wet but close to staining the weapon, as he ran through the hallway, keeping his arm bent as to decrease the pain.

Screeching around the corner of the food court, Victor immediately became aware of the zombies that were beginning to swarm the area. After seeing how empty the rest of the mall was, he was quite surprised at how quickly they gathered. Looking around, he saw no survivors; just a now-beat-up-bike and a bloody skidmark where it had apparently slipped in a bloody puddle. The zombies has been attempting to scramble up the stairs when he arrived, though now that he showed up, they turned their attention to him.

Though he was not happy about using what little ammo he had, he pulled his pistol out of its holster and pointed it at the small horde, aiming to thin them out before he tried to get past them to see if there was still a survivor.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked