Age of the Necromancers (Game Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Simon ran around the corner to see an horde of zombies standing around a broken bike and some blood. Now the zombies looked at them and began to walk toward them. Victor grabbed his gun. "Idiot!" Simon grabbed his arm. "If you shoot only more will come and you will just waste your ammo. There are other stairs in the building lets take them, follow me." Simon ran toward an nearby escalator. "Come on Victor we got to move." He began to run up the escalator.

Looking over his shoulder as he ran he found no zombies were following him. Shane ducked into a nearby music store and hid behind the small isles. Peeking out slightly he could definitely see some in the stores opposite him, and the sounds of the horde were still very loud below him. But they seemed... pre-occupied. He shook uncontrollably and breathed heavily, knife in hand and ready to fight if necessary.

Victor sincerely didn't appreciate being called an idiot. But he knew that this was not the time or the place to worry about such things. Nodding sternly, Victor took off with Simon up the other set of stairs, putting his pistol back in its holster while he was moving. Reaching the top, there was a zombie directly to their right. "Watch yourself!" Victor said, lunging at the zombie with the blood-stained axe. It cut through the flesh like butter, and the even-more-mutilated zombie slumped to the floor. "We need to find where that scream came from, and fast. I hope we aren't too late..."

They both arrived at the second floor."Watch yourself!" Victor said as he killed an infected. "We need to find where that scream came from... "Simplest way is just calling out to that person." Simon grabbed his crowbar ready to strike. Then he charged at an nearby zombie who was shambling toward them he hit it with an broad sweep of his crowbar. and he finished it when the zombie hit the ground with an swift strike to the temple. He turned around to see another zombie shambling toward him. He turned his crowbar around and hit the zombie with the sharp part of the crowbar. He got stuck in the zombies head, and it took him a second to free the crowbar the dead zombie hit the ground. Simon ran back to Victor. "I think I saw an small blood trail up ahead."

Shane began to hear voices. "I think I saw a small blood trail up ahead."
"Dammit shit" Shane said to himself. He hadn't even realised he was bleeding. He checked his sleeve and saw it was dripping blood. "No. No please no". He didn't know if the infection was through the air or if it could affect open wounds. He thought it was just a broken arm at worst. But that was the least of his troubles believe it or not, as two zombies also smelt his blood and made their way inside the store.

Dogmatic99:

"Hmmm. what do you think Edgar?"

"Groogluhh." moaned Edgar.

"Oh you worry too much, you're just like my mother! Hold on out there!" Fallow called back to the other side of the door as he fumbled with the collection of locks on the door. Opening it he surveyed the party for the first time. The two at the back certainly seemed impressive, perhaps he could take them for himself at some point. Though for now he thought it would only be right to treat a fellow necromancer - at least he assumed they were a necromancer - with the respect and courtesy they deserve.

"Please come in, come in, take a load off. Afraid I can't offer you any refreshments unless toxic bile is to your taste. Edagr! Fetch our guest some bile!"

The Cloaked Figure laughed. Motioning for his minions to stand guard outside.

"I admire your hospitality. I come bearing a request from Lord Terror. He wishes for someone to scout a warehouse for him. It seems there is an artifact buried there, and another Lord dispatched a lackey to get it before he could."

The Cloaked Figure bowed low.

"If you'd be so kind as to neutralize this minion and recover the artifact, Lord Terror will reward you greatly."

Starting Location:Location City, Paradise Inn

Cyrus awoke to the sound of a fan blowing air around the small apartment room he had holed up inside, and the soft noise of moaning from a city ravaged below. The soft rise and fall of his canine companion brought a little peace of mind to Cyrus, yet for some reason he was still uneasy. The room was almost pitch black, except for the red light that indicated the fan was on it's highest setting. The blinds were drawn across the two sliding-glass doors that led out onto the balcony, so that no light could filter out into the night and let others know there was still life inside the hotel. Cyrus threw back the sheets on his king-sized bed and silently slid out onto the floor, trying his best not to wake up his dog. Cyrus quickly walked across the floor to the bathroom, and made sure to almost completely shut the door before flicking on the lights above the mirror. The lights flickered into life, illuminating the room and bathing Cyrus in bright white light. Cyrus felt somewhat more calmed now that he stood in the light and could see his surroundings, which allowed Cyrus to think of crawling back into bed and closing his eyes once again. The door leading into Cyrus' room was securely locked shut with three locks, and blocked off by a dresser that was not moving at all if you tried to push the door open from the outside.

"Look at what you've become Cyrus, you're hiding out in a hotel, and you're afraid of the shadows." Cyrus said aloud to himself, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair. Cyrus tried to smile, but it felt forced and he quickly gave up the effort. The door to the bathroom pushed open and Cyrus' dog poked it's nose into the bathroom and came to sit beside it's master.

"Oh, hey there. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up... Let's go back to bed." Cyrus said, scratching behind the dogs ears and flipping the light off before walking back into the main room. Cyrus sighed and walked over to his bed, falling down and covering himself up almost immediately as his dog laid in the bed next to him. Sleep soon came to take Cyrus, carrying him away from this awful nightmare he now lived in.

Spector29:
David, your death is a matter of time. Will your skills fail you when the objects of your quest are not as you wished them?

i know that death's comes for me Spector but he will to wait until i have done what needs to be done and that is finding my family and killing who ever took them from me and I've been dodging death since i was 16 years old. [look up Character's past on sheet]

Spector29:

The Cloaked Figure laughed. Motioning for his minions to stand guard outside.

"I admire your hospitality. I come bearing a request from Lord Terror. He wishes for someone to scout a warehouse for him. It seems there is an artifact buried there, and another Lord dispatched a lackey to get it before he could."

The Cloaked Figure bowed low.

"If you'd be so kind as to neutralize this minion and recover the artifact, Lord Terror will reward you greatly."

Reward, now that caught his attention. More to the point Lord terror himself was aware of him. "Well if Lord Terror asks it how can I say no?" Said Fallow bowing in return. "But I shall have trouble finding this artefact if I don't know what it is."

At this he set about readying himself for the outing, picking up a collection of scalpels, straightening up his suit, that sort of thing. He always insisted on looking his best when getting up to necromantic mischief. "Come, walk with me, talk with me." he said sounding more like his old self. Back when he frequented board rooms instead of labs and ruins. He motioned for the cloaked figure to follow him as he stepped outside his room, Edgar held the door for them. "We can discuss the details on the way. Where is this warehouse by the way and will these two be coming?" He gestured at the two towering hulk like zombies that had been left to stand guard. "f this lackey works for another lord they should put up quite a fight. "Don't suppose I could rent them from you?"

Hearing footsteps and growls inside the store Shane went prone to avoid the zombies, trying not to wince in pain as he put pressure on his arm. Crawling to the edge of the aisle he peeked up to get a good look at the zombies. One was searching the other side of the store while the other was deathly close to him. It shuffled right past him and toward the checkout counter. Shane crawled back in response to avoid the freak but the smell of his blood was too much for it. It turned around and made its way towards him slowly. Shane continued crawling backwards on the floor away from the zombie. Shaking as he grabbed his knife the zombie lunged at him and he drove it into the monster's neck. It wasn't enough however as it kept snapping its jaws and trying to bite his face. Panicking as he was mounted by the beast he wedged the knife out of its neck and stabbed it in the chin. He had just enough force to flip it over and get on top. He pulled the knife out of its chin and drove it straight into its skull, piercing its brain. One was dead, but the other still remained and no doubt knew of his presence.

Floris2123:
snip overhead voice: "The Captain" has entered the game god help the Necromancer's souls.

two zombies comes up unnoticed from behind them, then a voice shouts from behind the zombies "DUCK!!!!" they drop to their knees just before the two zombies heads drop and roll on the ground infront of them, they turn round to see a man with an eye patch and wearing all black standing infront of them with a samurai sword he sighs and sheathes his sword "that was close one, you two alright?" said the man offering a hand to help them back up.

Simon was waiting for Victors answer when out of nowhere someone screamed."DUCK!!!!" Simon jumped to the ground. Maybe some was about to fire with a gun or something like that he wouldn't want to be hit by that. When he tried to look up an zombie head was rolling past him. He stood up and turned around to the man. His jaw dropped as he saw the first one eyed man in his life bedsides himself."that was close one, you two alright?" The man looked a bit off he had an katana, 2 pistols a shotgun and black clothes. He looked like the kind of person who had been through wars or something similar. Simon helped Victor up from the ground. "Yeah I am fine thanks for the save. Hey listen there is time for introductions later, right now someone is being chased by zombies over there we have to help him." Simon grabbed his crowbar and ran towards the store where the blood trail led to.

The hissing and growling of the other zombie gave away its position. Shane stood up and saw it clambering towards him. He reached down and tried to pull his knife out of the dead zombie's head but it was stuck. He pulled and yanked with all his strength but his weapon was trapped in its head. Shane tried reaching into his backpack/rucksack to get his other knife but the zombie was already upon him, pinning him to the wall and trying to sink its teeth into his flesh. Shane grunted and screamed as he tried to defend himself, but he was far too weak. He could only hold this thing off of him for so long but he needed help. With nothing left to lose he yelled at the top of his lungs "Somebody fucking help me please!". He kneed the zombie in the groin repeatedly but it made no difference. All that training from his only cousins, Brian and Lee, and now he was going to die in a run down mall that sucked even before the apocalypse.

Simon was running toward the store when he heard someone scream for help."Somebody fucking help me please!". Simon ran as fast as he could. When he ran around the corner he saw an survivor being pinned against the wall by an zombie. Simon ran toward the struggling survivor, and he hit the zombie against the side of his skull with the crowbar, being careful not to hit the kid the zombie was shoved back a step. He swung again at the now staggering zombie, splitting open its rotten skull as the zombie collapsed. He then turned to the survivor only to see that his arm was bleeding. His eyes opened in shock as he asked."Kid have you been bitten?" He looked at him with cold eyes. If he had been bitten there was only one thing left to do. He would hate himself for having to kill such a young person, but there was no other way if he was infected.

Floris2123:
Simon was running toward the store when he heard someone scream for help."Somebody fucking help me please!". Simon ran as fast as he could. When he ran around the corner he saw an survivor being pinned against the wall by an zombie. Simon ran toward the struggling survivor, and he hit the zombie against the side of his skull with the crowbar, being careful not to hit the kid. He swung again at the now staggering zombie splitting open its rotten skull as the zombie collapsed. He then turned to the survivor only to see that his arm was bleeding. His eyes opened in shock as he asked."Kid have you been bitten?" He looked at him with cold eyes. If he had been bitten there was only one thing left to do. He would hate himself for having to kill such a young person but there was no other way if he was infected.

Shane felt like his arm was about to give way. He may have been over reacting that it was broken, and it probably wasn't cut as deep as he thought it was but it couldn't hold this pressure. Suddenly a man appeared out of nowhere and killed his undead aggressor. He slumped against the wall and held his bleeding arm as he looked up at his saviour when he suddenly asked coldly "Kid have you been bitten?" Shane still felt in shock but he quickly responded "What? No no I didn't get bit I cut myself. Look please I'm not infected don't kill me dude." This guy felt looked like he was going to kill Shane anyway. Shane was terrified and near tears but he tried to hold his nerve.

"What? No no I didn't get bit I cut myself. Look please I'm not infected don't kill me dude." Simon looked relieved as he smiled at the bleeding survivor."Relax I won't hurt you I was simple asking if you were bitten. Now let's take a look at that wound shall we?" Simon crouched besides the kid as he waited for him to show his wound to Simon. Simon had a little bit of experiencing with patching people up, but he had learned it all from a few lessons in high school so he wouldn't be much help with an deep cut. He wanted to become a doctor before his father died after that, well they just didn't have the money. But it wasn't the time to be thinking about things like that. He looked at the kid with an worried look, his cold expression from earlier had completely disappeared. he also watched the door in case more zombies would try to find the source of the smell of blood. Simon was almost covered in zombie blood, and his tired expression and eye patch made him look allot older then 21.

Floris2123:
"What? No no I didn't get bit I cut myself. Look please I'm not infected don't kill me dude." Simon looked relieved as he smiled at the bleeding survivor."Relax I won't hurt you I was simple asking if you were bitten. Now let's take a look at that wound shall we?" Simon crouched besides the kid as he waited for him to show his wound to Simon. Simon had a little bit of experiencing with patching people up, but he had learned it all from a few lessons in high school so he wouldn't be much help with an deep cut. He wanted to become a doctor before his father died after that, well they just didn't have the money. But it wasn't the time to be thinking about things like that. He looked at the kid with an worried look, his cold expression from earlier had completely disappeared. he also watched the door in case more zombies would try to find the source of the smell of blood. Simon was almost covered in zombie blood, and his tired expression and eye patch made him look allot older then 21.

then david and victor come running in "don't worry i got the door you just tend to the kid" he was about to say something else but then a zombie comes running out of nowhere and straight and the kid and Simon but then david appears infront of it, stabs it in the gut and spins round while pulling out his sword and cutting it's head off and then said "next!" and then sheathes his sword and goes over to the door

Dogmatic99:

Reward, now that caught his attention. More to the point Lord terror himself was aware of him. "Well if Lord Terror asks it how can I say no?" Said Fallow bowing in return. "But I shall have trouble finding this artefact if I don't know what it is."

At this he set about readying himself for the outing, picking up a collection of scalpels, straightening up his suit, that sort of thing. He always insisted on looking his best when getting up to necromantic mischief. "Come, walk with me, talk with me." he said sounding more like his old self. Back when he frequented board rooms instead of labs and ruins. He motioned for the cloaked figure to follow him as he stepped outside his room, Edgar held the door for them. "We can discuss the details on the way. Where is this warehouse by the way and will these two be coming?" He gestured at the two towering hulk like zombies that had been left to stand guard. "f this lackey works for another lord they should put up quite a fight. "Don't suppose I could rent them from you?"

The Cloaked Figure laughed. "The warehouse is near the edge of town, and yes, these masterfully crafted titans will be guiding you."

"I take it you're ready to leave at any time?"

Ryan

Void had shown you the way to a warehouse near the edge of town. Shouldn't you be going?

"Oh yes, of course, of course, of course." Fallow rambled. "In fact we can go now." He said as he patted himself down making sure he had everything he needed, like a normal man who was just going out to the shops. Wallet, keys, scalpels. "Yes, yes I am ready to go! Edgar!!! Do we have anything to make a packed lunch?!"

"Uuuurrgghh!!" Edgar moaned back from behind the group as they made their way down the hallway.
"Damn! Then we shall have to stop by the convenience store on the way back, you two look like you can carry your share of groceries."He said to the two towering zombies behind him. "Anyway, let's go."

The warehouse had clearly seen better days. At least Fallow assumed, he had never actually set floor inside one before, he had always had a poor person to do that kind of thing before. So he could only assume it was the norm for all the windows to be smashed in and for birds to have started nesting in the rafters. Fallow had to admit the way the sunlight played off the cobwebs and struck the pigeon dropping gave the place a certain rustic charm.

"Rightoh! Let's get to work." And at that the party set about methodically searching for their prize. At least as methodically as a group can function when it is comprised of a mad man and a trio of cadavers.

Following along behind Simon, Victor crouched down next to the injured young man. He hurriedly opened his satchel and pulled out the bloodied first aid kit that he had found earlier in the van. Before he opened it, he reinforced Simon's inquiry about the injury. "Never mind if you have been bitten, has the wound been contaminated? The virus could well be spread through blood contact." He lifted his arm and looked at it. It was a very minor wound, but even the slightest papercut could lead to infection.

A zombie rushed toward the kid and Simon. Simon cursed but before he could even grab his weapon "Cyclpos" had taken care of the zombie with an katana. Simon was impressed by his fighting skills and Cyclops walked over to the door he said he would guard it. Victor crouched besides the kid and said. "Never mind if you have been bitten, has the wound been contaminated? The virus could well be spread through blood contact." Simon wasn't happy to hear this news. He thought that he had to get something to protect his mouth and eyes. Lifting up his shirt to protect his shirt worked fine it was even designed for that. Now to find some glasses.

Victor seemed to be handling the situation. "Good luck doc I will go to the door and help there." Simon was relived that they seemed to have an experienced medic or doctor or whatever he was. And since the wound was only minor wound, Victor probably wouldn't need his help. Simon walked over to the door. He walked to the one eyed man and offered his hand to him. "My name is Simon." Simon said with an smile which could be vaguely seen through his new mouth protection. After the man introduced himself Simon asked. "So where did you loose your eye?" Simon grabbed his crowbar and looked to the outside there weren't any zombies attacking right now but that might change fast. A couple of zombies were walking close to the store. It would only be a matter of time before they smelled the blood.

Shane winced in pain as the this new guy looked at his wound. "Ahh shit. I dunno, I slipped on some blood but my sleeve covered my arm." Shane felt stupid asking the next question and tried to avoid eye contact. "Umm, ha-have any of you seen my bike... you see my bike it er, the wheel slipped on the blood trail and thats how I fell. S-Stupid I know but... am I gonna be okay?" Shane was worried. These same thoughts had run through his own mind. At least this old guy knew what he was doing. That and the nut with the crowbar and the one eyed samurai wannabe. 'Best not piss these guys off' Shane thought to himself 'I nearly got myself killed in a day and these dudes have guns, probably best trying to stick with them.

Floris2123:
Simon walked over to the door. He walked to the one eyed man and offered his hand to him. "My name is Simon." Simon said with an smile which could be vaguely seen through his new mouth protection. After the man introduced himself Simon asked. "So where did you lose your eye?"

david took his hand firmly and shake and said with a little smile "name's David Captain David Woon, MI6" Simon then asked "So where did you loose your eye?" Simon grabbed his crowbar and looked to the outside there weren't any zombies attacking right now but that might change fast. A couple of zombies were walking close to the store. "it was 9 years old when some mafia boss asshole and I had a duel I managed to take him down with me but i lose my eye in the process I survived because lady luck was on my side the bullet went through my eye destroying it but somehow it missed my brain it was because of the angle the guy shot at me from and you?" he said and then put a hand on Simon's crowbar telling him to lower it and then pulls out a pistol

"name's David Captain David Woon, MI6" MI6? Well that sounds promising. "it was 9 years old when some mafia boss asshole and I had a duel....it missed my brain it was because of the angle the guy shot at me from and you?"Simon looked back at David."Hunting accident. I was hunting a lynx with my little brother.." He looked a bit pained before continuing."He made an mistake the lynx knew we were there it attacked him. I jumped in front of my brother the lynx impaled itself on my machete, but the sheer force of the beats knocked me on the ground.. Damned thing still lived scratched my eyes out with its paw. And gave me several smaller scars on my chest and arms. I then managed to get my rifle between him and me and shot his head off. The doctor say I have to be happy that I hadn't bled out by that point. Took the ambulance 20 minutes to get me out of the forest."

David then grabbed his gun and it looked like he wanted to fire it. Simon looked at David and shook his head." We can't use our guns here. First of all the make so much noise that all the zombies in and out the mall will come to us. Second we don't have that much ammo and we can't waste it if we don't have to." Simon looked outside when he got an idea."I have an idea how we can taker care off all the zombies. It is quite simple actually I attract all the zombies and get them into a store we don't need. After that we close those giant iron shutters trapping them inside. After that we can set the store ablaze or just kill the zombies one by one. What do you think of that idea?" Simon looked at David.

Floris2123:
snip

"ok that not bad plan but it could go wrong very quickly or i that put this silencer on my gun and you open the door slightly so i can stick my hand and i shoot those two coming this way in the head what'd you say Simon want to have fun?" "alright let's do it" said Simon then david pulls a silencer and try to put it on his gun "come on.......you....stupid thing.......get on there........ah there we go ready?" i must be mad to agreed with this thought Simon nervously.

"Or i that put a silencer on my gun you open the door slightly so i can stick my hand and i shoot them in the head what'd you say Simon want to have fun?" "alright let's do it" david pulls a silencer and try to put it on his gun. "come on.......you....stupid thing.......get on there........ah there we go ready?" Simon's remark about ammo was ignored. While he didn't think it was an good idea he didn't want to anger an crazy armed MI6 agent. "Well if you are sure you can take care of them then let's do it. If we clear the mall and board it up we have an good spot to stay for a while. You wouldn't happen to have an silencer for a hunting rifle would you?" Simon might have found a group that was if they were willing to help him on his mission.

Floris2123:
snip

"i agree this a good place to rest up and you're in luck here" pulls another silencer and gives it to Simon "let's do this open the door" Simon opens the door and david sticks his hand and shoot both zombies and they both fall forward "thank god these doors go both ways help me carry them in" said david and then they open the doors the other way so none of the zombies notice the doors have opened and then David and Simon drag the bodies in and closed the doors "now i know this is a weird question but where in the bloody hell am i!? i mean I've walking for ages and I've probably crossed counties somehow and when i entered this mall there was no sign to tell me where i am and to be honest i couldn't really look around because i heard you and victor fighting zombies nearby and i ran to where you were" he asked

Spector29:
(Signup for a reserve spot! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.383666-Age-of-the-Necromancers-Zombie-RP)

Location city awaits you. What you do within it's borders is your decision alone. All of your destinies are to die, but the circumstances will be unique.

Will you be felled by a Necromancer, hungry for power? Will he be felled by another?

Will you rise up in death, and fell many?

Cyrus, your death is a matter of time. Will you honor your family's memory?

Travis, your death was a matter of time. Your story ended before it had begun, we shall hope others will not follow the same path.

Simon, your death is a matter of time. Will you search for brother's fate, even if you may hate the answer?

Fallow, your death is a matter of time. Will your madness be your success, or your undoing?

Shane, your death is a matter of time. Will your brothers ever forgive you? Even in death?

Victor, your death is a matter of time. Will that light of goodness ever be extinguished from your soul?

David, your death is a matter of time. Will your skills fail you when the objects of your quest are not as you wished them?

Ryan, your death is a matter of time. You've chosen to help Void in her quest to reunite with Adam. How will you use this to your benefit?

Time waits for no one. Time knows all. Time will show you the answers, what will you do to earn them?

you know i got the perfect song for this in time by mark collie

Dogmatic99:

OOC: thanks i just thought that this deserves a theme song and when Spector said: "your death is a matter of time and Time waits for no one. Time knows all. Time will show you the answers, what will you do to earn them?" i thought "time?" "you can outran the devil if you try but you will never outran the hands of time" "that it!! in time!!"

Spector29:
Snip

Spector29:

"i agree this a good place to rest up and you're in luck here"As David gave Simon an silencer. Simon smiled as he attached it to his gun."let's do this open the door" Simon opend the door and david sticks his hand and shoot both zombies and they both fall forward "thank god these doors go both ways help me carry them in" said david and then they open the doors the other way so none of the zombies notice the doors have opened and then David and Simon drag the bodies in and closed the doors "now i know this is a weird question but where in the bloody hell am i!? i mean I've walking for ages and I've probably crossed counties somehow and when i entered this mall there was no sign to tell me where i am and to be honest i couldn't really look around because i heard you and victor fighting zombies nearby and i ran to where you were""You don't know what country this is? Well this is ***************** of course what other country could this be?" Simon looked to both zombies and then back to David. "Let's take a few more out." Simon walked to the door and opened it. He aimed at an zombie that was standing still, he made a clean head shot and the zombie dropped. As expected of zombies the other zombies didn't notice a thing. Simon smiled as he closed the door again. "Want to go for the melee weapons next?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked