I Am Gladiator! (Closed, Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Belkin saw the way that Gaius was now trying to defend himself, using the sword as a way of blocking any swinging or just trying to barge any pokes out of the way. He rushed the now defending Asieren, using his shield as a battering ram. When he reached him, he swung his shield at him, aiming for the head and chest. He then jabbed his sword at the dazed mans chest once before moving to back away.

Antonius' strike hit home splitting the champion's forehead wide open. As blood poured down his face Vorgis let out an ear splitting roar of pain. In one fluid motion he rose to his feet, spinning round wildly and slamming his ham sized fist into Antonius' jaw. The imperial was staggered but before he could react the champions hand was in his hair pulling him closer and just like that Antonius found a rock like fist slamming into his face again and again.

The executors whip was a blur as it wrapped itself around Vorgis' wrist. "Vorgis! Control yourself, you are a gladiator not an animal!" he motioned to the two nearest gladiators "Take him to the medicus!" With great difficulty they managed to drag Vorgis back to the lower entrance to the manor. Above the din Marrick clapping his appreciation.

"Well done, well done you put on a very good show. my beautiful, wife murdering dog! Help yourself to water, executor, see he is rewarded as promised."

Gaius stumbled back, embarrassed as he was so easily dazed. He let out a blood-curdling roar before charging forward. However instead of tackling him he slashed his sword against his inside of his knee and quickly bashing his forearm against Belkin's sword bearing arm. He didn't like swords, axes are much better. Perhaps there was an art to it, he himself found an art to using hos massive battleaxe almost as quick as Belkin used his sword.

Belkin was stunned by the attack on his leg, feeling foolish to let such an area get attacked. His arm hurt, sure, but it was the crippling blow that did it to him. Belkin decided to attack with his shield again, this time using it as an extension to his arm as a means of just hitting Gaius with punches. With every hit, the edge of the shield made it hurt a bit more, while also keeping him away at the same time. He made sure not to his any areas which could really hurt of possibly even kill his opponent, while at the same time keeping his sword prepared in case he tried to slip through.

Antonius' strike hit home splitting the champion's forehead wide open. As blood poured down his face Vorgis let out an ear splitting roar of pain. Antonius smiled his strategy had worked. Then the champion was standing before him in an instant as he hit his jaw. The pain was so intestine that Antonius staggered. He was grabbed by his hair and pulled back, he could then feel the barbarian doing a number on his face. He tried to defend himself but he couldn't withstand that much force. He then heard the voice of the man who saved him, "Vorgis! Control yourself, you are a gladiator not an animal! Take him to the medicus!" Antonius stood there his face covered in his, and Vorgis blood, he felt the pain on his face as he just managed to remain standing.

He heard the noise of someone clapping looking up he saw his master standing there he had enjoyed this blood fest very much. He said "Well done, well done you put on a very good show. my beautiful, wife murdering dog! Help yourself to water, executor, see he is rewarded as promised." Antonius smiled while he wiped the blood of his face. He had coughed up some blood earlier and his nose was bleeding but that was about it for his blood. His face did feel very sore as he walked over to the water stand his smile grew with each passing step. He had shown that asshole that he wasn't a weakling and that was all that mattered. He looked around to see most of the faces of the experienced gladiators fixed on him. Some of them had even dropped their jaws. Yeah look at me! I made your invincible champion bleed! He refocused he was too energetic because of the fight right now he needed to calm down.

He arrived at the water stand the slave looking a bit scared now. He grabbed allot of water and quickly washed his face and drank quite allot. He also grabbed allot of food knowing he wouldn't get such an chance again. He then stepped back looking around, most of the gladiators had returned to whatever they were doing before. He smiled but then he changed his expression back to his normal confident expression. He then turned his head to the executor and began to walk toward him. And now for my reward.

Gaius' victory was short-lived, as Belkin was clearly hurt he recovered quickly. Jabbing Gaius with his shield certainly hurt Gaius but it irritated and infuriated him more. It was a risky move, but Gaius was nearing closer and closer to the wall, so he grabbed both sides of the shield and used all his strength to push it up and hit Belkin in the chin before throwing it to the side and threw his shoulder into his face attempting to tackle him to the ground, practically bear hugging him.

As Vokrash was finishing his spar with another gladiator he heard the crack of a whip and yelling. He looked up to see what the commotion was and he saw the Imperial with blood wiped all over his face with a smile that was growing by the moment. Vokrash started to head over to the Imperial as he was walking towards the executor. As the Imperial got within shouting distance of the executor Vokrash bumped into him and said "Be more careful, the next time somebody might not be there to stop him. This place is not about being top dog, it's about survival" as he blended back into the crowd of people.

Belkin was dazed by his own shield hitting him in the chin and then being thrown away for him to defend himself against Gaius charging him to the ground. He had lost track of his sword from the sudden velocity sending him down to the ground, now being bear hugged by the man. He quickly got to work on trying to free himself, punching the soft areas of his torso so he could stun his opponent enough to loosen the grip on his arms before rolling over so that he was now on top, able to start punching into him.

As he held Gaius's head back with the palm of his hand to keep him controlled, he started looking around for his sword and shield. What he instead saw was the Empire soldier from before, standing victorious and bleeding while his opponent was being led off. "So it seems the Empire dog has the teeth to fight back after all" he said to himself, completely distracted by the event.

SPARTANXIII:
"So it seems the Empire dog has the teeth to fight back after all" he said to himself, completely distracted by the event.

Gaius wasn't paying attention and took this opportunity to repeatedly punch Belkin in the chest, ribs and stomach with his massive fists. Breaking his guard Gaius punched him in the chin, taking advantage of the bash with the shield and forcing himself up. Gaius pinned Belkin to the wall and held his forearm against his neck while punching him in the face and kneeing him in the stomach with incredible power and speed.

Rowan looked to be gaining ground in the fight. His strikes were being blocked, but each time the two wooden swords clashed, Jamukha winced in pain. Rowan was sure the Amon'tyr was finished, when out of the blue Jamukha ducked under the strike meant for his head and rolled behind him, landing a blow to his knee. Kneeling on the ground, Rowan smiled once more. His attacks had weakened Jamukha, that much was obvious. The pain of blocking had significantly lowered his own striking power, so the blow to Rowan's knee was not half as bad as it should have been. Taking advantage of the lessened impact, Rowan decided to feign weakness while allowing Jamuhka to create an opening he could exploit. After all, he was still at the disadvantage of having his foe at his back.

"A loud bark is useless without the teeth to back it up." he heard the Amon'tyr say from behind him. At that moment, Rowan dropped to both knees, ducking slightly to make the target smaller for his opponent, and spinning in the dirt, sent a wicked slash towards Jamukha's lower dominant side. The blow struck true, and Rowan rose to his feet just as Jamukha recoiled in pain. A swift and powerful kick to his chest, and Jamukha was belly up in the dirt. Once more, Rowan spun his wooden sword in his hand before pointing it down at the boy's throat.

"My teeth are long and sharp, my friend." He tossed the sword lightly into the air, grabbing the hilt so that the blade faced the dirt before kneeling, stabbing the ground for stability and reaching a hand to help Jamukha to his feet. It was an honorable fight, and Rowan felt a great deal of respect for such a ferocious fighter. Besides, the friends he made in practice might just be the ones to save his life on the sands.

"As long and sharp as yours."

Belkin couldn't react to the flurry of blows that hit him as he was assaulted, only managing to gain a hold of the situation when he was being pinned to the wall by Gaius's huge arm, being punched in the head all the while, the force of which causing him to start bleeding from the mouth and nose.

Knowing how the situation would end up if he didn't try it, Belkin immediately sank his teeth into the arm that was holding him back, only enough to just pierce the skin, the pain of which caused the Asieren to let go. Sensing the moment to attack, Belkin started swinging his fists at the Asieren's face, swinging time and again with all his might.

Gaius the sharp stinging pain of Belkin's teeth of his forearm. The pain would have given Belkin the chance to escape and advance anyway, but his teeth crossed an old scar of his, causing immense pain. Gaius stumbled back and held his arm in pain while the Pingla swung fist after powerful fist in his face. Gaius tried to block nut Belkin was too fast, so instead he sent a desperate kick in his direction knocking his stomach and giving himself some breathing room.

He stepped back and got himself in a fighting pose, but his lips were cut and his eyes and cheeks bruised. He taunted Belkin to come on.

Meanwhile on his balcony Marrick pinches at the bridge of his nose with thumb and forefinger. "And they're biting each other already." He sighs to himself. "Executor!"

And like a machine, The executor is to his task. His whip moving like an angry snake as he sets about breaking up the two men. Despite their superior height and build he does not hesitate. separating the two like ill behaved children. "Cut that out! You two pick up your weapons and find new parters." He turned to Gaius, grabbing his arm. "Let me see." He tuts over the wound like a displeased mother hen. "You'll get worse in the arena. Splash some water on it and get back to training. I'll send Durro to get you a bandage, that should see you for now." And with that he stalked off, muttering to himself bitterly.

Belkin was about to lash out at Gaius when a whip crack was sent between the two men. "Cut that out! You two pick up your weapons and find new parters." spoke the Executor as he turned to Gaius and checked his bite wound. Belkin was bitter about this, but he kept calm about it given his injuries, deciding instead to spit out some blood at the ground near Gaius and the Executioner. He then set about trying to find his sword and shield, so that he could start against someone else for a change, give him time to heal.

Antonius was walking when someone bumped into him."Be more careful, the next time somebody might not be there to stop him. This place is not about being top dog, it's about survival" The man walked away. Antonius curiosity was peaked he had thought everybody hated his kind maybe not it seemed, it was the older man. Antonius had seen that they were the oldest among the new recruits. Well who knows maybe we will get along. I mean he has known all kinds of Empire gladiators I am sure of it. Antonius walked after the man called Vokrash. He began walking faster until he had caught up to the man. "Thank you for the advise my good man. My name is Antonius what is your name?" He put his hand forward ready for an handshake. Might as well try to make friends with him.

"I am Vokrash". He put it bluntly and looked straight into Antonius' eyes but did not extend his hand for a handshake. "And that is one of the stupidest things I have seen a new recruit do in years. You may get praise from Marrick, but that won't do you any good when every gladiator wants to see you dead. Almost everybody already hates you just because of what your people have done to us. You will not survive like this. I am not here to be your friend Antonius, I am here to ensure you survive until you step into the arena. Then it will be up to you". With that Vokrash left Antonius, still with his hand outstretched.

"Cut that out! You two pick up your weapons and find new parters." Spoke the executioner as he grabbed Gaius' arm. "Let me see." He tuts over the wound like a displeased mother hen. "You'll get worse in the arena. Splash some water on it and get back to training. I'll send Durro to get you a bandage, that should see you for now." And with that he stalked off, muttering to himself bitterly.

Gaius felt humiliated. "Belkin" he barked loud enough only for him to hear. "Biting me like a dog? I didn't figure you for a bitch." He smirked to himself. "Still, you're the only one here who doesn't seem like scum to the core. And even if my respect means nothing to you you still have it." Gaius picked up his weapons and walked off to splash water onto his wound. It wasn't bad, just opened an old wound. Durro came soon and handed him a bandage. Gaius looked at the small boy who was intimidated by his stature. Gaius tried to smile in a friendly way and said "Well, I suppose their are two people here that aren't pure scum." He leant down "Down tell your master now though." He lightly patted the boy's soldier and walked off to find another sparring partner.

"I am Vokrash" He did not shake his hand. "And that is one of the stupidest things I have seen a new recruit do in years. You may get praise from Marrick, but that won't do you any good when every gladiator wants to see you dead. Almost everybody already hates you just because of what your people have done to us. You will not survive like this. I am not here to be your friend Antonius, I am here to ensure you survive until you step into the arena. Then it will be up to you". With that Vokrash turned around and walked away. Antonius lowered his hand looking at the now walking away Vokrash.

I guess everybody does hate me like I previously though. Silly of me to think otherwise. Antonius walked off with an new sense of just how alone he would be here. He walked over to the executor. "Thank you very much for saving me back there. I know it wasn't out of the kindness of your heart but still you have my gratitude. And I heard Marrick say something earlier about an reward what kind of reward would that be?"

"Thank you very much for saving me back there. I know it wasn't out of the kindness of your heart but still you have my gratitude. And I heard Marrick say something earlier about an reward what kind of reward would that be?"

The executor gave Antonius a look that would turn most men to stone. "That is not for the likes of us to know." He intoned. "Now you've rested long enough. You and Vokrash like old women at market when you could have been training, now find a shield and get to it!" His whip making it clear that the matter was not up for debate.

"Biting me like a dog? I didn't figure you for a bitch." It was rich to hear those words come from him. The Asieren should have realised by now that it would get this brutal in the arena, he was just doing what it took to get him off the wall and back in the fight, if the blood coming from him wasn't a clear enough sign. It was, however, the next part that stuck with Belkin.

"Still, you're the only one here who doesn't seem like scum to the core. And even if my respect means nothing to you you still have it." 'Well' thought Belkin, 'Seems as though I've made an ally here already'. The funny thing was, even if it did mean very little to him at that moment, Gaius had gained his respect as well. He may have started out like an oaf, but he had stuck out long enough to have actually survived for a while if it came to an actual fight.

By now he had found his sword and shield from earlier, and he brought them with him. As he passed by Gaius again as he headed to where the water was, he simply said "Good Match" to him. He got to the area where the water was, kneeling before it and using the water to clean the blood from his face.

"That is not for the likes of us to know." He said while giving him an cold look. I get an reward and I am not allow to know what it is...Still me having amused the 'master' would probably be a good thing.. "Now you've rested long enough. You and Vokrash like old women at market when you could have been training, now find a shield and get to it!" His whip making it clear that the matter was not up for debate. He turned around and walked towards the shield pile grabbing a shield. He then walked back onto the training zone. He looked around for a challenger but didn't see one. He walked over to an wooden training dummy standing there. Well this brings back memories. He grabbed his wooden sword and started training. He switched between this training and doing push ups and the likes of that. I will need all the muscle I can get.

"Good Match" said Belkin. Gaius nodded simply in response before he left to find another sparring partner. Looking around he found the Empire soldier training. He now had a target whom he had no respect, and probably never would. Not saying anything he stared a hole straight threw him, figuring he would get the message.

Antonius was training for about a minute before he noticed someone staring at him. He turned around to see Gaius staring at him. Great another brute.. Antonius walked over to Gaius with his sword and shield, he knew he had the advantage because these were his weapon of choice there weren't his he guessed. "Do you need something?" He asked when he stopped in front of the taller warrior.

"Do you need something?" said the Empire man.
"I was told to fight." Gaius grimaced at the man and looked down on him with disdain.

"I was told to fight." The brute had an mean smile. Antonius looked at the man he anticipated what kind of moves he could be expecting. Allot of charging and using brute force and maybe a few sneak attacks...Nothing I can't handle. "Well then a fight you shall have." He did a few steps back and grabbed his sword and shield tight. He was ready to counter his moves as he took an defensive stance. He had fought against this kind of man a thousand times before, while he wasn't the weakest of the he certainly wasn't the strongest. Too bad they didn't have their real battle gear then the brute would have stood no change against his superiors equipment.

"Well then a fight you shall have." Both men took battle positions. The legion took a defensive stance. Gaius had learned from his previous opponent however and had worked out a battle strategy. He poked his sword at the other man's shield and slashed, but not constantly. He wasn't great with a shield but Gaius realised it had its uses, as he held it up to his chest. His legs back and his chest forward.

Antonius watched while the warrior slashed his shield a few times it was almost like he wasn't taking this seriously. Antonius kept blocking the feeble attacks and waited for a change to counter. And when he used the same slashed he used before Antonius bashed his hand with the swords away. And slashed with his sword at the same arm, there were not many possibilities with which he could block or evade this attack.

Gaius knew he was going to take a hit, and when his foe slashed at his arm he used the shield like a battering ram, knocking the other man backwards. His arm was hit, but the impact was lessened. He bashed his shield higher and higher forcing his enemy to block and finally slashed viciously against his knees.

The other man used his shield as a bettering ram still he had managed to hit his arm. He kept bashing his shield against Antonius who was forced to block higher he felt pain coming up in his arm, his foe was just stronger then him. He kept his eyes also checking low for any surprise attacks. This seemed like the move an barbarian would make. And he was right he blocked the attacks with his sword. and then smiled time for a nasty move. He seemed to throw his body backwards as he lifted his left leg up tensing all his muscles. And before the barbarian could prepare for an counter he went with an full power straight kick to the stomach, also an Pankrantion technique one of the few kick techniques. This of course left him a bit open but then he had already blocked both of his blows. The pay off would be worth the risk.

As Vokrash walks away from Antonius he begins to head over to the training dummies as he has nothing better to do. As he arrives he sees Gaius and Antonius sparring with one another. That one does have spirit thought Vokrash as he began his training exercises.

Typhon was jarred out of his quiet meditation by the command to form up and receive his shield and sword. Not being at all familiar with the shield, he knew it would only hinder his ability to fight, and he was only slightly more familiar with the sword. Too bad they don't have any staves here... He thought. At least I know how to use one of those. Although just because I have the sword doesn't mean I need to use it as my primary attack... With that realization, Typhon placed the shield back on the table, but kept the sword in his left hand.

He noticed the other Vaan walking up to him as he scanned the field for a partner. May as well pair up with someone whose style will be familiar to me...

"I am Lahar. Lahar Que'ol, I see you are also a War Walker, do you wish to duel?"

"I am always willing to spar with a fellow Walker." Typhon responded, as he started toward an unoccupied portion of the field. "I'm Typhon De'skel." With that, he assumed a relaxed, but ready combat stance. I'll let him make the first move. I want to see what he's made of.

Gaius' slash to the knees didn't work as it was blocked by the other fighter. He was then kicked in the stomach. Gaius reacted to this by quickly jabbing his wooden blade into his foe's stomach, almost as revenge. Gaius was barely affected by the kick and stood up tall before giving him another quick bash with his shield, not to hinder but to give some distance between them.

He felt the wooden sword being stabbed into his stomach it hurt but not as much as he would have accepted. He seemed to not have that much experience with either swords or shields. He then got an quick bash with an shield forcing him back. He did one step but then he hacked with full power onto his opponents shield hopefully distracting him. While he blocked his vision be shoving his sword and his shield for his face he brought his shield down aiming for his opponents knee. And bash with an shield to the knee would slow him down and also sting quite allot.

Sweet victory turned into a bitter defeat as Rowan's wooden sword crunched into Jamukha's exposed side. The young Amon'tyr staggered to the side, taking in one sharp, painful breath at time. His eyes began to blur from the pain, and his fingers twisted in agony around the hilt of his own sword. Before Jamuu could even think about recovering, Rowan's foot collided with his chest like a stampeding horse.

Weightless, Jamukha hung in the air, looking up at the sky. Time slowed and for a moment he could see everything around him. The Imperial getting his face bashed in by the bleeding giant, the two Vaan beginning their own duel, and two of the other Asieren and Pingla slaves rolling around on the dirt like a pair of rabid animals. Was the Pingla seriously biting him? And then time started back up again, and Jamuu crashed back first into the ground.

Dazed and out of breath, Jamuu tried to move, and found that he was hopelessly defeated. When a hand was offered to help him up, Jamuu had no choice but to swallow his pride and accept it. His whole body screamed in pain as he was helped up from the dirt. He hadn't felt this bad since the Imperials had first captured him.

"At least you fight with dignity." Jamuu said between harsh breaths. He looked around at the other fighters. "The Imperial gets his face bashed in and thinks it a victory. The Pingla fights like a woman, biting and scratching. This lot will be devoured by the sands." Jamuu had his doubts if he would even last the week here.

"You may call me Jamuu." He said to Rowan, as he walked towards the water basin to drown his throat before continuing to practice

The fresh gladiators continue the training until the sky begins to darken and dusk settles in. As the light begins to fade the executor calls an end to the days training. Vokrash and the seasoned gladiators help themselves to a final helping of drink and make their way back to the manor through the slaves entrance. The raw recruits are informed that they are to be shown around the slave areas of the manor. "I do not have time to escort you to the medicus every time one of you grazes a knee." The executor growled.

And so one room at a time they are shown where they are allowed to set foot within the manor. Which doors are meant for slaves and which are meant for free men. They are shown the way to the armoury where they meet the arms master. A cheerful pig looking man with one hand. He goes by the name of Gable. He is the keeper of all of House Marricks weapons. The walls are lined with wooden practice weapons and their steel counterparts. They range from swords to axes. Gauntlets to spears. Some of the weapons of note are a pair of Axes hanging from a leather satchel labelled Vokrash and a great sword, its scabbard bares the name Vorgis.

After this they are taken to the medicus. A stark white room lined with simple beds, most of them stained with blood. It his here they are given the mark. At the back of the room is a chair and a brazier. One by one they are brought to it and their left arms branded with the "M" of house Marrick. Some of them curse the pain, others try to resist but in the ends each of the new slaves is marked. They are told how this marks them as slaves but they are yet to earn the mark of the gladiator.

Finally they are taken to their cells. This leads them through the cells of Marrick's female gladiators. Each is in their own cell and they are, all of them far more raucous than the men. Their moods risen by the news of newcomers. They shout and leer at the new slaves. One of the, a bear of a woman who looked as if she could give Gaius a run for his money reaches out from between the bars of her cell and gropes at Lahar's rear. cackling at him to come and join her.

When they arrive at the male cells they find it follows the same lay out. The seasoned gladiators have made their way to their own personal cells. This gives them some of their own space, with their own bed, a shelf and a chamber pot but they can still see into each others cell through the iron bars. The recruits are brought to a large communal cell, adorned with only a few straw mats and one chamber pot between them all. "Only gladiators get their own cell." says the executor as he hers them into their shared quarters, looking the door behind them. "Rest while you can, your training begins in earnest tomorrow." and with that he was gone, leaving the new recruits to make themselves comfy in the fading light of their cell.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked