Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

The Doctor handed Oliver a clear vial containing the sodium pentothal, AKA truth serum. He had looked into using it during interrogations in the past, results tended to be varied, it wasn't something he could rely on completely.

He held the small vial up to light.

"Sodium thiopental, better known as sodium pentothal, known even better as truth serum." He turned to face Edmund, "Doctor, this is not some espionage thriller. In my experience sodium pentothal has been unreliable. It may make it harder for the person it has been administered to, to lie, but it doesn't wholly prevent them from telling the truth either."

He gave the vial back to the Doctor.

"Might I suggest we start the old fashioned way, most men break once you bring up their family or people they are close to"

Byron was looking outside the car's window. He was thinking of all the ways he could deal with his brother once he catch up to him. But suddenly he heard Calvin in the background.

"That could be what we're after. Think it's worth following them?"

"Well it certainly looks the part. Alright we'll tail them but do it nice and easy, don't want to attract too much attention. Stay a couple of cars behind them and we should be fine. Oh by the way as a backup plan what do we do if they spot us and riddle the car with bullets?"

Byron proceeded to ready his pistols, just in case.

"Well it certainly looks the part. Alright we'll tail them but do it nice and easy, don't want to attract too much attention. Stay a couple of cars behind them and we should be fine. Oh by the way as a backup plan what do we do if they spot us and riddle the car with bullets?"

"About 3 or 4 car lengths should suffice. As for if they catch on to us," Calvin pulled his revolver out from under his arm and some incendiary rounds from an inside pocket. "These are incendiary rounds. Swap out some of the bullets in there for a few of these. Shoot that transport with one and the whole thing will go up in flames. Not exactly subtle but it'll distract them if need be and the mess they're sure to cause will help us slip away unnoticed. Hopefully it won't come to that though."

He handed the revolver and bullets to Byron. A militia man came out of the cafe and climbed into the transport and pulled away. Calvin waited for a few seconds, then slipped the handbrake and drove out after another car had pulled in front of them. He was careful to keep the transport in view.

"Be careful. Those rounds can be kinda sensitive."

Mr.Brains here was aware of the drug he was given, but unaware of the tampering done to it. All the same, his points were valid enough for him to pocket away the drug for another time. No doubt these gentlemen have done their fair share of torture, it may be possible to not have to stoop to excessive physical harm with the three of them involved.

"I expect that much from an interrogation, and of course working together we will complete this task, but as a licensed doctor I refuse to deal any extensive harm to a helpless patient. Although now that I think about it, was my license revoked after my arrest? Hmm that's a matter I'll have to look into later, but regardless we should plan an approach to this drug dealer. I'm usually the supplier and where we can find him is unknown to me. I'm fairly certain any protection he has will be dealt with easily."

Depending on how smoothly the interrogation goes there be a chance to discover his lab or stash. If they were to find it there may be a nice profit in goods or drugs to be made, you could never have enough spare narcotics or spending money.

"Be careful. Those rounds can be kinda sensitive."

"Don't worry, I myself use explosive rounds and I know how to handle them." he started putting the bullets carefully into the revolver, "However, please warn me if your about to blow up that transport just so I can be half a kilometer away before any of the bombs or munitions they have inside blow us to hell too."

Byron had finished loading the revolver and put it on the dashboard. "There you are, mate, now let's just hope we won't need to use it."

As Almberg and Caspian continued their drive, the GPS lead them into a more sparsely populated area of town. Only the occasional pedestrian walked down the street, and a handful of cars were parked at each building.

The target was fairly obvious. The 3 story building with armed guards stationed at the doors and on the roof was hard to miss. Their was a 2 story building on either side of the complex, and an employee door on the side of the building one could spot while driving around a few times. Two guards where stationed on the front and the back, with only a single patrolman walking near the side door. Two guards had entered the 2 story building to the left. The building to the right looked empty, but one could never know.

Multiple ways of tackling the problem presented itself. When Mantis sent a rough schematic of the building through the computer, both men knew it was time to decide which they would employ.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The truck being followed by Byron and Calvin on the other hand, went to a far more industrial side of town. It was the kind of place to put factories and office buildings. Few militia patrolled the streets. The works of stray painted art on buildings and abandoned apartments let them know this was definately gang territory. How long it would stay that way with a unit of Militia men rolling though was anyone's guess.

The truck was finally stopped outside of a fenced in complex. The driver waved at a man in a suit, and the gates were opened by hand by two other men. Both the truck and the men disappeared into a loading bay.

The security in the complex itself was incredibly lax. The fence was basic steel, with no electric sensors visible.

Calvin stopped well back from the compound. "It'll be safer if we get out and walk from here." He parked the car behind a derelict building. There were loads of them around, they would provide ample cover. He holstered his revolver and walked around to the back of the car. He took his rifle out and slung it over his shoulder. This neighborhood was a crime scene, he wouldn't have to worry about someone calling him out about an exposed firearm.

He had another look at the steel fence. He couldn't see a gap anywhere. But he also couldn't see any sensors. Perhaps the wires could be cut. "Check the glovebox and see if there's a set of boltcutters in there. We may need to make a way in," he said to Byron. Failing that, there were some apartment buildings beside the compound from which one could jump into the compound itself and another person could provide cover. "And check to see if there's any silencers."

Byron checked the glove compartment. There were a pair of wire cutters inside but nothing else of use. "There you go" Byron said whilst chucking the cutters to Calvin. "Unfortunately, there are no silencers in the car, but don't worry my sniper rifle has a silencer on it if you want to take someone down just tell me."

Byron went around to the back of the car and opened the it. He removed the suitcase from it and carefully he started assembling his sniper rifle. He looked around. Several of these buildings provide a clear view of the compound so one can keep watch while the other one sneaks in. However, Byron thought he would see what Calvin had planned.

"So how do you suppose we do this ?"

"So how do you suppose we do this ?"
Calvin thought for a second as Byron assembled his rifle. "Well I'd prefer it if one of us was to enter on the ground level. That way the other can keep watch from one of the nearby buildings. Also, cutting the wire means there's a ready-made exit for when we're finished. If the person was to jump in, getting out could be a pain."

He took another look at the compound. "First we should decide who's gonna do what. Considering your rifle is silenced, do you want to give me cover?"

"Sodium thiopental, better known as sodium pentothal, known even better as truth serum." The truth serum, Jacob had used it before in his opinion it didn't do much. Still using it might have some effect, if only a little.

"I expect that much from an interrogation, and of course working together we will complete this task....I'm fairly certain any protection he has will be dealt with easily."

Jacob smiled at the last remark, he was fairly certain it was an remark about his skills. Jacob started the car and began to drive towards their destination. "I am sure we will be able to resolve the matter of how the 'integration' will go once we have him. Still I think that some torture, or some non painful torture is the best option we have. But I guess we could try to bribe him first. who knows maybe he will be dumb enough to take the offer. Still we have to make sure he tells the truth."

"First we should decide who's gonna do what. Considering your rifle is silenced, do you want to give me cover?"

Byron looked around for a minute. He stopped when he say a 6 story building which overlooked the entire complex.

"Alright Calvin, I'm going to make my way up this tall building to your right" he said pointing at the building 50 meters away from them. "Once I get up there, I'll set up and give you the all clear to begin cutting the wire. I will also try to take out anyone who stands in your path but once they're down it's your job to hide the bodies. Oh and here..." he chucked Calvin an earpiece. "This is part of my equipment, excellent quality earpiece which can't be hacked. If you need anything switch to Channel 8 and talk. I just don't like those wrist things."

Without any further instructions Byron started making his way inside the building. The building was run down, with apartment doors destroyed and rotting. Paper and dirt littered the floor and there was an unimaginable stench inside. Finally he made his way onto the roof. Quietly he assembled the bipod down on the small stone sidewall.

"Calvin, come in." Byron spoke into the earpiece. "I have a clear visual of the entire complex. You are clear to proceed."

Almberg took in what he could about the building, noting the two side buildings and the employer's entry specifically. He brought up the schematic on his wrist communicator, studying it thoroughly. Though it would take a while to memorize it all. This all happening when they first saw their target, of course.

"We're gonna have to put the car aside far away. But it seems we have plenty of choices for an approach. I'm not so sure we'll be able to avoid contact with a guard like this though. There appear to be plenty of places we could hide bodies though, should it come to it. I just hope they don't do regular reports. Ideally, I think we have an hour after we kill the first guard. Probably less before someone realizes something is wrong...What do you think?"

Stefan shared his thoughts, still observing the layout of the buildings. This would be a challenge, just as he had predicted.

"Calvin, come in. I have a clear visual of the entire complex. You are clear to proceed."

"Ok Byron, I'm gonna start cutting the wires." He knelt and placed the edges of the cutters against the wires. He tensed up and gripped the handles, wondering if there could be hidden sensors. His hands began to shake a bit. If I don't do it now I'll be all day wondering if there's something I didn't account for. He gritted his teeth, and closed the cutters, waiting for sirens.

The sirens never came. He breathed a sigh of relief and continued cutting, making a hole big enough to crawl through. He shimmied through it and crouched down against a nearby building. Maybe the quiet approach might be best. He pulled a throwing knife from his belt. He took a look around the side of the building, though nobody was looking his way. He was a bit unsure of what to do, but remembered the man in the suit on their way in.

He flipped the earpiece to channel 8. "Come in Byron," he hissed into the mic. "I'm inside now, can you see me? I think the guy in the suit we saw coming in might be worth following. If you see him, can you tell me where he is in relation to me and if he's heading anywhere?"

"I'm inside now, can you see me? I think the guy in the suit we saw coming in might be worth following. If you see him, can you tell me where he is in relation to me and if he's heading anywhere?"

"I see you. Give me a minute." Byron started scanning the complex. He saw the person Calvin was talking about. However he was not alone. Along with him there were 5 other heavily armed body guards. The man seemed to be talking to someone. " I found him. He is to the right of your position. Around 100 meters, however I advise against I direct approach. He is heavily guarded. 5 heavily armed guards with him and I see numerous snipers in the buildings surrounding them. It looks like some sort of exchange maybe. You see that small to your right? It looks like the way is empty. If you can get in there you have a chance at eavesdropping on their conversation. "

"There appear to be plenty of places we could hide bodies though, should it come to it. I just hope they don't do regular reports. Ideally, I think we have an hour after we kill the first guard. Probably less before someone realizes something is wrong...What do you think?" Stefan asked as he analysed the schematics of the building that their objective was in. Caspian meanwhile was gathering his gear from the car, attaching it to the holsters on his person, then looked at the schematics himself.

"Whose to say that we actually have to kill them, we could always just render them unconscious, then hide them in those locations you were talking about. Might also be a good idea that if we acquire a communicator from one of the guards, we can remove the chip and insert it into our own so we can keep tabs on them and listen in on their conversations. They may have some information that could be useful to us."

You see that small to your right? It looks like the way is empty. If you can get in there you have a chance at eavesdropping on their conversation."

"Alright, I'll try and get a bit closer."
Calvin started edging slowly along the empty path towards the small building. He got to the door and slowly turned down the handle. It was locked. Bollocks, thought Calvin. Taking out his picks, he had the door open after a few seconds with a soft click. Opening it, he saw that Byron had indeed been right about what he had seen. There did seem to be some sort of exchange going on, which Calvin could see through a window on the opposite side of the room, and two men were arguing. One was the man from the gate, the other looked to be a militia commander, going by his uniform.

There was however, something Byron hadn't seen. A guard was sitting in a chair with his back to Calvin, listening to music, judging by the fact that he had a set of headphones in his ears. After closing the door and looking through the far window to confirm nobody was looking that way, he crept towards the guard. He flipped the knife in his hand so that it was in throwing position, with him holding it by the blade, then reconsidered. If I throw this at him, it might not kill him instantly, and I can't have him crashing around screaming for help.

He flipped the knife back over and gripped the handle tightly. He paused behind the guard, checked again to make sure nobody could see him, then stood up, clapped his hand over the guard's mouth, and pulled him off his chair. As they went down towards the floor, Calvin stuck the knife into his neck, just below the jaw. "Shh shh shhhhhhh" whispered Calvin as the man's frantic breaths died down.

After pulling the knife out and wiping it on the man's shirt, he moved to the window and crouched below the frame. He cocked his ear upwards and listened. The argument was still going on. "Byron, come in," he whispered into the earpiece, as loud as he dared. "I'm gonna turn on the microphone on my wrist communicator. Listen to yours and see what you think of what these guys are saying." He turned the mic on and held his hand up closer to the window.

"... and Black wants these sent off to Lyons. We need the guns, these crooks are well equipped. So why don't you stop being the leech that you are and just give them over like you're supposed to. These didn't even come from your base, your officials just seized them from someone else, you've got no damn right to ask for money." Calvin took a peek out of the window. The suited man was speaking to the commander, who promptly answered.

"Claude, we're not finished here and you're asking me to put my men at a disadvantage. I think we're entitled to a little kickback. You want them so bad, surely you can't let your people sacrifice themselves for the sake of a few euros."

He'd heard all he needed to hear for now. He spoke into the headset. "Come in Byron, did you get all that? Up close the guy in the suit has the look of an official about him. Do you know of anyone in your brother's party called Claude?"

"Come in Byron, did you get all that? Up close the guy in the suit has the look of an official about him. Do you know of anyone in your brother's party called Claude?"

"Yes I got that. Wait..." he stopped. "Calvin, there's a guard heading towards your location, looks like he wants to go inside. You better find a place to hide. If he finds you he's going to raise the alarm. You have around 30 seconds to hide. Give the word and I'll take him out, however his buddies might see that." Byron relocated himself so that he could get a clear shot if Calvin could not find a place to hide in time.

Shit!, Calvin thought. I'll have to hide the body too. He hadn't hit the man's jugular, so blood hadn't gotten everywhere. Not seeing anywhere better, he dragged it to one side of the door and placed it so that once opened, the door would hide the body. No sooner had he finished and taken his hiding place beside it then the guard entered the room. The guard sat down at his desk and started going through drawers, looking for something. He must have come across what he'd been after, because he took a form from the desk uttering a "Hah!" of triumph.

Calvin got out his knife again and tensed up, hoping against hope that the guard wouldn't see him. The guard set the form down on the desk, then got up and crossed the room to the window and let the blinds down. Sunlight came in through gaps in the slats, creating thin golden lines on the wall against which Calvin was crouched. Then the guard turned-and saw him. "What the..." And then he saw the body, a look of dawning comprehension spreading across his broad face.

Calvin didn't wait. Flicking his wrist, he sent the blade spinning towards him. If the guard hadn't twisted in what he thought was the direction that would help him avoid the knife, it would have been a complete miss. Unfortunately, this was not a clean kill, and the knife hit him right in the middle of his neck. He looked more surprised than anything else, and could only make a horrible gurgling noise as blood sprayed out from his neck and out onto the wall.

Calvin padded over to him and pulled the knife out. It was always best not to leave evidence. He then stood stock still, waiting for the sounds of others coming in. He heard guards talking. "Did you hear that? Sounded like water going down the drain." "Probably just Jason drinking on the job again", answered his companion. "I swear, he's got a new bottle of whiskey in his desk every week, it's a wonder he hasn't pickled himself by now"

Thank god for alcoholism, Calvin thought. "Byron, you there? I took the guard out, but that's the second one I've killed so far. Are those two still arguing out there, or should we pack it in by this point?"

"Byron, you there? I took the guard out, but that's the second one I've killed so far. Are those two still arguing out there, or should we pack it in by this point?"

Byron looked again where the men where supposed to be. Unfortunately for him they had moved off towards what seemed the biggest warehouse in the complex, presumably their main base.

"See I knew you were the right man for infiltration. But no, they have moved off towards the large warehouse at the end of the compound. I presume Claude would like to make sure the armaments are still usable. It would help us if we knew more about the deal but if you feel like you won't make it then just tell me and I'll create a distraction enough for you to get away. However if you choose to go for the warehouse I have a plan which might just work. But you need to decide quickly before someone inspects the building and sees the blood on the floor. So it's your call Calvin."

Byron then aimed his sniper rifle at the men still outside the building. There were two of them and it seemed like they were waiting for their friend. One of them pulled out a cigar and started smoking it.

"Calvin come in." Byron said. "The two guys seem to be waiting for their buddy you just stabbed. There's no way you would be able to go anywhere with them outside. So I'll take them out and as soon as you hear their bodies land you will pull them inside."

Byron steadied himself. Deep breath. His heart raced. He knew if he missed Calvin would be compromised and most likely killed. He put his scope over the man with the cigar. Squeezing tightly on the trigger he held his breath.

*Pheew* *Pheew*

Both men dropped.

"Clear."

"Clear."

Cautiously, Calvin opened the door. The guards lay crumpled on the ground. Alright, let's get these two out of sight. Grunting slightly from the effort, he dragged the corpses into the room. After exiting and making sure nobody was watching, he closed the door over. I wish I could lock it again, he complained inwardly.

He spoke once more into his earpiece. "Byron, I'm considering going into the warehouse. You said you had a plan for me. Let's hear it."

"Byron, I'm considering going into the warehouse. You said you had a plan for me. Let's hear it."

"Alright, the warehouse is around 200 meters to your right. If you turn right and go to the building in front you can break through the window. Once inside that building make your way to the other side of the building cutting through the apartments. Once on the other side you will have to run from car to car for cover until you can make a run for the warehouse. Once you made it to the warehouse you will have to go around the back and sneak in. Now this is the easiest route. I can count three patrols as well as a couple of snipers on the roof of a couple of buildings. Two of these patrols you will dodge if you cut through the building and the snipers can only see you when your moving from car to car. So while you move through the building I will take out the snipers. Once they are out I will tell you when to make a run for those cars, so you can dodge the last patrol. However once inside you're on your own. So are you up for it ?"

"You know I'd much rather not kill them, indeed. But knocking them out is risky and might compromise our mission. I agree that we should do something with their communicators, though. Which path though..eh. Here."

Stefan highlighted the building which the two guards went into, having gotten out of the car and leaned agains it, he showed Caspian is map, tapping the building with his finger.

"We deal with the guards, reintegrate the communicators and proceed to the main building. The patrol route seems long enough and it will take a while before any questions will be asked as to missing guards. Got any other routes in mind, Caspian?"

Almberg studied the map still, but the building which two guards had made their way into was a good bet for access into the main building. They could handle two guards discretly, he supposed. Snag their communicators and thus hitting two birds with one stone.

"The patrol route seems routine, meaning we can wait until the second pass and then make our move. Which in turn means we get the most time out of it all."

"So are you up for it ?"

"Yeah, why not, worst case scenario, I'll start a fire and leave while they're confused."
Staying low, Calvin began shuffling towards the building on his right. He moved as quietly as possible, but grimaced every time his boots made a crunch on the gravel. After reaching the building that would let him cut through the apartments, he contacted Byron.

"Byron, I'm cutting through the building. Take out those snipers and let me know when to make my move."

"Byron, I'm cutting through the building. Take out those snipers and let me know when to make my move."

"Got it." Byron responded. He took aim at the first sniper. He was overlooking the warehouse and could see Calvin as soon as he stepped out from the apartment block. He hesitated for a second before throwing a look around. The sniper he took aim at was in clear view of his buddy who was a couple of rooftops away. Calmly Byron aimed for the man's buddy and waited until the original sniper turned around.

*Pheew*

The man dropped. He fell forward right off the roof in a large bin beside the building. Crap, I hope they didn't hear that. Better take out the other one before he turns around Byron thought to himself. So taking aim at the sniper he steadied himself. Deep breath and...

*Pheew*

The sniper was down. Silence fell. Byron waited for the alarm to go off but luck had been on his side and the guards were oblivious of his actions. He looked to where the final patrol was and messaged Calvin.

"Sorry about that mate, the guy fell." Byron said. "Alright I see the last patrol and by now I assume you made it to the other side. From when I stop talking count ten seconds to yourself and make a run for that warehouse. You should be clear. Go!"

Calvin started counting down in his head. 10, 9, 8, Jesus, he shoots the lookout and the man falls into a bin, you can't make that stuff up. I really hope they didn't hear that. 3, 2, 1. Right, time to go.

Bent almost double, he made a run for the nearest car, edging around it so that the car was between him and the path that the guards were walking. Crouching behind the car, he heard the guards go by. The cars were all parked beside one another, so rolling from one to another wasn't too much of an issue. Shortly after, he reached the warehouse, and skulked around to the back, where he saw a set of metal steps leading to a door about 15 feet off the ground. He scaled them quickly, his boots making soft clanking noises with each step.

After picking the lock, he radioed Byron. "Byron I'm about to head in, I'll keep the mic on the wrist communicator on so keep your ears open." Taking care not to make noise, he opened the door slowly and entered.

As the 3rd team began moving closer to their destination, the car's computer began feeding them information on the target.

Brain Duran

Weight: 185 lbs Height: 6'2 R: White

General Appearance: Blue eyes. Black hair. Scar on left side of the chin

Arrests: Drug trafficing. Narcotics. Illegal weapon possession.

Hangouts: East side of Goulet. Also the location of his residence.

Psychological profile: Brain is known to be an expert liar. Though interviews with him have reveal he has a number of tells in his body language, such as the way he shifts in his seat, or the momvement of his hands.

When presented with hard evidence, Brain with attempt to drift of subject and distract his interrogators. He also seems confidant he can buy people off. Standard methods of interrogation have been largely unsuccessful. More "unorthodox" methods are advised opon next arrest.

"You know I'd much rather not kill them, indeed. But knocking them out is risky and might compromise our mission. I agree that we should do something with their communicators, though. Which path though..eh. Here." Stefan said as he brought up the map of the building were they had seen two guards enter earlier.

"Its only risky if the take down is done poorly. A single, precise strike in the right place can knock a man out cold for a while. Something also to consider about making a take down is noise; the longer it takes, chances are that the person will make more noise, which makes for more attention, something we don't want to be doing."

"We deal with the guards, reintegrate the communicators and proceed to the main building. The patrol route seems long enough and it will take a while before any questions will be asked as to missing guards. Got any other routes in mind, Caspian?" He asked as Caspian began looking through the schematics of all the connected buildings on his wrist computer, which had downloaded plans for all the buildings in the local area.

"We could try taking out the guards then slipping into the building through the side door; then quietly make our way up to the 2nd Floor, whereby we can climb out a window to get across to the main building. How does that sound?"

As soon as Calvin entered, Claude took the center of the room to speak to the men around him. The gang members around the room wore clothes with shades of blue, with black stripes.
thee more common looking thugs stood in contrast to Claude and his own sharply dressed body guards.

"Alright people. Listen close. I want to get out of this shit hole as soon as possible"

A member of the militia stacked the last of the weapons shipment on the back of an unmarked truck, likely to be driven by the gang members.

"Mr. Black's men have been kind enough to "donate" some high grade gear to us. I need all of you numbskulls to spread these out to whoever your best shooters are. And for God's sake try to be low profile about it"

The militia moved out the door they came in and back to their vehical. They could be heard driving off as Claude continued to talk.

"So, without further ado, I'll make my leave. Enjoy the toys boys"

Claude and his men moved out threw the front door. With them gone, only 8 gangsters armed glocks and m16s were left. The door to the warehouse was opening up, and the truck's engine roared to life.

"Alright people. Listen close. I want to get out of this shit hole as soon as possible. Mr. Black's men have been kind enough to "donate" some high grade gear to us. I need all of you numbskulls to spread these out to whoever your best shooters are. And for God's sake try to be low profile about it. So, without further ado, I'll make my leave. Enjoy the toys boys"

Calvin looked down at the figures from the gantry. The gang member's colours weren't any that he recognised. Perhaps Byron might know, he thought. Stepping back into the shadows, he called Byron.

"Byron, did you get all that? It looks like the trade was to be with some gang members, but I don't know who they belong to. Do you know of a gang whose colours are blue with black stripes?"

"Byron, did you get all that? It looks like the trade was to be with some gang members, but I don't know who they belong to. Do you know of a gang whose colours are blue with black stripes?"

Byron was having a quiet smoke on the roof of the abandoned building, when Calvin messaged him.

"Sorry to say but that doesn't ring a bell. I guess that the guns were loaded in this truck that just sped past me, right?" Byron threw his cigar on the floor and put it out.

"In any case, listen up. We need to find out where that truck went so we can follow it. I have two ways of doing this. First is you start a shootout with the gang members and bring them out in the open so I can take most of them out meaning you will interrogate the last man standing and make him tell us where they went. Second option is you do your quiet sneaking, which you are so good at, to capture one guy and bring him back here for interrogation. It's your choice."

"In any case, listen up. We need to find out where that truck went so we can follow it. I have two ways of doing this. First is you start a shootout with the gang members and bring them out in the open so I can take most of them out meaning you will interrogate the last man standing and make him tell us where they went. Second option is you do your quiet sneaking, which you are so good at, to capture one guy and bring him back here for interrogation. It's your choice."

Calvin cast about the warehouse. He spied a ladder which led down to the ground floor. Descending it quickly, he crouched down behind a crate by the wall. He drew his revolver, wincing at the click when he pulled the hammer back. Hopefully he wouldn't have to start any fires, but it was best to be prepared. He went to take a look around the crate- and saw one of the gang members staring at him.

Without thinking, he raised the revolver and fired. Wow, I'd forgotten how strong those incendiary rounds are, he reflected as the man flailed around, ablaze and in agony. He ducked down as the others started shooting at him. Pausing to contact Byron. "The whole stealth thing didn't work out. Fair warning, I'm about to start a massive fire, so these guys are gonna come running out. Make sure you leave one alive for me to get. There should be 7 coming out."

There was a fuse box on the wall that he could shoot from behind the crate, which was fast being worn away by enemy fire. He took aim, and squeezed the trigger. The box exploded in a shower of sparks, and after being combined with the phosphorous in the bullet, fires began raging inside the warehouse. The gang members bolted for the door, with Calvin in hot pursuit.
"They're coming out, start shooting!"

"They're coming out, start shooting!"

"Finally I was starting to feel a wee bit redundant." Byron said while moving his sniper rifle in front of the warehouse door.

There were 7 men. All armed with glocks and M16. However they did not expect a surprise attack. So without any further hesitation Byron started unloading his magazine into them.

*Pheew* *Pheew* *Pheew*

His 3 bullets found their targets. Three of the men dropped. Two had bullets through their skulls while the third had a bullet that went through his neck. The henchmen scrambled for cover spraying bullets as they did so hoping they would hit their hidden assailant. Fortunately for Byron, the silencer made sure that his position was not compromised as also the henchmen were too busy looking for cover rather than looking for a mussel flash.

"Alright 4 remaining. I'll leave one alive for you." Byron calmly said into his earpiece.

Two of them had already taken cover behind the cars that Calvin had been sneaking around.

*Pheew* *Pheew*

Byron picked both of them off when they stuck their above the cars. Then out of nowhere the alarms went off.

"ALERT! ALERT! INTRUDERS HAVE ENTERED THE COMPOUND! ALL UNITS TO THE NORTH GATE! ALL UNITS TO THE NORTH GATE!" blared a man on a loudspeaker.

"Shit. Your little fiasco alerted the entire base. Listen there's two enemies remaining kill one and get the other one hostage."

Byron quickly picked up his sniper rifle and strapped it to his back. He knew that he could not take out the entire compound from the roof all by himself. He also knew that he could not take the stairs to exit the building as that would take too long. So he grabbed a grapple from his belt and attaching one end of the grapple to his belt and one side to the railing of the building Byron quickly descended the block.

He rushed to the car and threw his sniper rifle in the trunk. Getting inside the car, he set it on drive and went crashing into the chain fence, breaking through. Driving towards the warehouse door he planned to pick up Calvin and the hostage before the entire base attacked them.

"Calvin you got 30 seconds before I get there to bail you out. So get that hostage now!"

Coming out of the warehouse, Calvin was momentarily dazzled by the sun outside. Seeing 5 of the gang members' heads explode brought him back to his senses. He saw the remaining 2 had taken cover behind the cars he had skirted around earlier. He sprinted towards them. One of the gang members leaned around the car he was cowering behind and fired a few rounds off from his Glock, one of which hit Calvin in the chest, Enough to stagger him, but not harm him.

"You little shit!" Calvin grunted as he vaulted over the car and shot the man. Like his fellow inside the warehouse, he died screaming, engulfed in flames. The other clearly sensed what was going to happen to him, so he broke cover and ran. "Oh no you don't" Calvin muttered as he drew a knife from his belt, sending it whirling through the air. It embedded itself behind the man's knee. A good target, enough to incapacitate, but not kill. He caught up to him and grabbed him in a headlock. "You're coming with me, asshole" he snarled into the man's left ear.

Byron pulled up. Calvin flung the door open and shoved the gang member inside. Climbing in after him, he slammed the door as Byron took off in a cloud of smoke and screaming tyres. Bullets thunked into the car and shattered the rear window. Through all the noise and chaos, and with everyone either trying to figure out what had happened or trying to put the fires out, they weren't pursued. After 25 minutes of frantic driving, they came to a halt in a lay-by that thankfully had some tree cover on the edge of a quiet road. Calvin got out and went around to the back door, where the gang member lay sprawled across the seat, along with Byron's rifle.

Grabbing him and roughly pulling the knife out of his leg, Calvin dragged him out of the back seat and shoved him against the boot. Getting a proper look at him, he saw the gang member was an olive-skinned youth of about 20. He pushed the knife up against his throat. "What's your name?" he growled. "Mark" came the nervous reply. "Well Mark, my associate and I are now going to ask you a few questions, and if you answer them correctly, we might let you die painlessly."

He withdrew the knife and flipped it over so he was holding the blade and offered the handle to Byron, who had just gotten out of the car. Calvin faced Byron and addressed him. "Perhaps you'd like to start the proceedings?"

Stefan listened to Caspian, it would be more wise to heed his advice when it came to this. He didn't really doubt that the man had done something like this far more than Almberg himself had. Even if he wasn't entirely without experience, it wouldn't hurt.

"I'll let you lead this, Caspian, I think we'll stand a better chance then. But aye, Second floor window sounds good. I believe the third floor on the main building should be our target afterwards, if not, we'll have to work our way down from there."

Almberg managed a faint smile and moved away from the car, walking slowly towards their destination. Turning around only to nod at Caspian.

"If you're done, let's get going. We're as ready as we're gonna get I believe."

"Perhaps you'd like to start the proceedings?"

"Sure." said Byron taking the knife from Calvin and pointing it at Mark. "Now you see this knife? This knife is only going to hurt you if you lie to us, understand?"

Mark gave a shaky nod. He was clearly in pain and was losing quite a bit of blood from the gash on his leg.

"Good" Byron said lowering the knife. "Now do you know where they took the weapons ?"

"Weapons? I d-d-don't understand what-" Mark started stuttering.

Out of nowhere Byron bought the knife and stuck it in Mark's hand impaling his hand to the car's trunk. Grabbing him with both hands he shouted: "Watch my lips asshole, cos I have no time to translate, where are the weapons being taken?!"

Mark was screaming in pain. "Aghh, you'll pay for that. Wait until my gang gets here. They'll kill you both!"

"They don't care about you! THEY LEFT YOU TO DIE! No one's coming, after we are done with you we will melt your bones in an acid bath. How does that sound?"

"Please, I beg you n-no don't kill me please! I'll tell you!"

"Where?" Byron twisted the knife.

"Lyon, they were heading to Lyon" Mark finally cracked.

"See wasn't that hard." Byron pulled the knife out of Mark's hand and gave him a hard punch knocking him to the floor. "That's for threatening me."

While Mark was picking his teeth off the floor Byron turned to Calvin and handed him back the knife. "See what else he knows, then do what you want with him, I'll go for a smoke." Byron whispered to Calvin before going a bit further into the forest for his smoke.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked