Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

What the hell is happening out there? Thoughts raced across Calvin's mind. First the sudden stop and now gunshots. Were they being attacked? Who'd want to attack a prison convoy? Surely any remaining enemies would have set up a surprise for them inside the prison. The guards had all turned around, staring outside looking for whoever had killed the other two. This was an opportunity that was too good to miss. The nearest guard's keys were hanging off a loop on his belt. If Calvin could get the cuffs off, he'd be golden.

Slowly, he started inching his hands towards the guard. Pickpocketing had never been his strong suit, but he was pretty good with locks, and should be able to get the shackles off with little fuss. He pinched the loop with his thumb and forefinger, and started to lift it, hoping against hope that the keys wouldn't rattle.

They did, though fortunately it happened at the same instant as a thunderclap, so the noise was drowned out. A quick rifle through the keys later and he had the one to his cuffs. Making sure the guard was still turned around, he unlocked the cuffs and flexed his wrists. Now all he had to do was wait for the right moment to present itself.

Fortunately, opportunity didn't need to present itself, as one of the other prisoners stood up and promptly killed all the remaining guards in under 10 seconds.

The one who killed the guards turned to his friend. "Still think I should wait?"
No I suppose not, now get me out of these damned things so I can find out what's happening.

All righty then, thought Calvin as he stood up. He jingled the keys. "Somebody call for a locksmith?"

Byron thought about how to answer these comments when Oliver's associate started shooting up the place. The man was quick, deadly and lacking any sort of mind, as no one in their right mind would actually snap their own thumbs to get out of the handcuffs. But surprisingly his plan had worked and now they could all make a run for it.

Now all he had to do was find a pair of keys before Oliver told the whole bus who he really was. If it came to that Byron doubted he could do much with his hands tied. Just as he was about to inch of his sit to find the keys in the pocket of the guard which had been shot next to him he heard a man say.

"Somebody call for a locksmith?"

Without hesitation, Byron called after the man.

"Actually I would really love it if you got me out of these binds, mate. You know they've been cutting my blood flow and shit."

Stefan didn't wait long to make his move, going for the guard who had been standing closest, he ripped whatever might classify as a key from the dead guard and began to undo his own hand cuffs. It was fairly easy for him, they weren't much different than the once he'd use in Sweden and they weren't on too tightly either. Soon, he took the gun from the fallen guard as well as the stun baton in his left hand. It would be idiotic to stand up, how could he know if whoever shot the guards dead didn't want him dead as well.

The poor sod of a guard who he had just pilfered by instinct was bleeding out from a bullet hole in his chest, courtesy of the big fellow. He felt sick to his stomach again, but with adrenaline pumping through him, he managed to stay perfectly perceptive, he spoke out to Oliver, Byron and Jacob.

"We can't be certain they're friends. I'd advice to stay low and for the love of everything. Please don't bloody shoot at me."

He wanted to jest, but he was perfectly serious. He threw the key in Oliver's direction, right over the seat. He presumed it would work for them as well. His wet clothing was pretty damn sticky and it felt awful to move in, but at least he wasn't wearing handcuffs anymore. He put the stun rod down briefly to pull the ear translator out for now. Only to pick the rod up again once he had put it aside. The pain in his ear did not subside quickly, but it felt much better.

"Question is, what do we do now?"

Without a doubt, Edmond was as pleased with the quick draw gentlemen as he was with himself. "They did have a plan, so obvious", his thoughts fled from his mind as he took in the situation. Working bus, several fresh dead bodies, armed gunmen seeking freedom, and near perfect seclusion from any civilization. "Back in business would be an understatement". Only one obstacle remained for the doctor as he lifted his shackles to the key bearer. "If you wouldn't mind?"

"Actually I would really love it if you got me out of these binds, mate. You know they've been cutting my blood flow and shit."
"If you wouldn't mind?
Calvin held his hands up, as though overwhelmed "Please people, one at a time"
"Ah, Mr Black, so good to have the attention of a celebrity" Calvin grinned and undid his cuffs. "I see that sticking together is a prized trait in your family." He then turned and undid the cuffs of the man with dreadlocks. "Here, pass these along. I'm gonna go see what happened outside." Picking up the pistol of one of the dead guards, he walked down the aisle and out of the bus.

Jacob stood there knowing that the pain would get allot worse soon. "No I suppose not, now get me out of these damned things so I can find out what's happening. Looks like you dislocated your thumbs instead of breaking them." He said looking relieved "You should be able to snap them back in place, we'll get you to a doctors later." Jacob smiled because of this message. He picked up the keys form an dead guard but saw that Oliver already had a key, he walked over to snow. He opened her handcuffs a bit awkward. "Now we are even." He said with an big smile on his face. "My hands kinda hurt so I think I will sit down for a moment." He was still holding the pistol as he sat back onto the bench.

He then thought to what he had heard earlier there was an doctor on board, he stood back up and walked over to the man. He felt the pain slowly getting worse. He smiled at the man obviously hiding his pain, and opened the mans hand cuffs and said. "Could you snap them back for me, my thumbs I mean. My friend says I dislocated them so I could really use your help doc."

"If you wouldn't mind?"

Byron walked over to the man that held his hands lifted.

"There you go mate. I would stay and help the rest but I really want to see what is so bloody fascinating outside. They might need some help. Oh and by the way. I would suggest if you can find any guns you would get ready to use them as it won't be long until the other two buses turn around to come and pick us up."

He picked a shotgun from the guard and follow Stefan outside.

"Oy, Stefan was it, I would keep your translator in your ear if I were you. If you don't speak French and these guys start talking you won't understand anything they're saying. Better safe than sorry. As for what we do now is see what their up to."

"Ami ou ennemi?" Byron shouted from behind the bus' door waiting for a response.

Approaching the doctor hands raised, the gunmen had broken his own thumbs to grasp freedom. "What dedication!", he marveled. "Let me help you with that", taking hold of his outstretched hands, Edmond undertook the task.

Stupid, damn it. He thought to himself. Obviously he might need the damn translator, picking it up from the ground again he carefully put it in his left ear instead. At least it didn't hurt this time. It just felt uncomfortable. He nodded slightly at Byron, but remained in a crouching position, he never did go outside, not yet at least. He was reluctant to proceed. Anyone who set their mind on freeing a bunch of criminals might not have the best intentions for Almberg specifically. At least the adrenaline kept the fear out. He took a deep breathe and calmed himself slowly, risking a peak out the window.

He realized that the man who had walked out hadn't been shot yet. At least not by anything loud. Maybe they really were being saved by someone. Suddenly, his previous statement about locked up criminals seemed really out of place and he wanted to laugh nervously at his predicament. Now he wasn't just an convict, he'd be an escaped convict. Though something told him that even if he turned himself in willingly, he'd be shot dead. What a miserable situation to be in.

"Ami ou ennemi?"
"There's nobody out here mate", Calvin called to Byron. "Or if there is, they've hidden themselves well." Black and one of the other inmates had stood up and made to come out. Rain fell in great rippling sheets from the maelstrom above and pounded against Calvin's head, plastering his hair flat to his scalp. He gripped the stolen pistol a bit more tightly. He didn't like this. Why would someone randomly attack a busload of prisoners?
"Come out and take a look for yourselves"

"What dedication!" The doctor said looking impressed? Jacob wasn't sure."Let me help you with that" He snapped them both back fast and efficient. Jacob face remained an mask, the pain was allot less he was able to handle this still he was very happy. He smiled brightly at the doc. "Thank you very much friend." He stretched out his fixed hand. "My name is Jacob Williams. What is yours doc?" Jacob thought he might make an new friend. Which would be mutually beneficial.

Byron stepped out from behind the bus door and turned to look at the bus. It was full of bullet holes and its tires were shoot. But he looked around and Calvin was right it was quiet. Like nothing ever happened. Maybe they retreated or maybe they were still there but they had plenty of chances to kill all of the convicts if they wanted to by now so Byron turned his attention to their new problem. Getting the hell out of here.

"Well, there's no way we're leaving on this bus. Hey Calvin you know there were two other buses, how long do you think until they realize what happened and turn around?"

Catching the key Steffen had thrown him he quickly unlocked the handcuffs and quickly ducked down on the floor again. Fuck not again! He was having flashbacks of when he was kidnapped, but he had to do something. Shaking from fear he crawled along the floor to avoid the ongoing gunfire until he reached the drivers compartment. He hoped he'd be able to find some sort of camera so he could rig up something that could be used to see clear outside. He found nothing. Dammit!

He switched to thermal to see what was happening outside. He saw two people were heading outside. From the size and shape he could tell it wasn't Jacob, better you than me. He decided to stay holed up in the driver compartment until whatever was happening had finished. It seemed safe enough and it was dark enough to hide in, in case whoever those people were they were hostile.

Caspian watched as one of the other prisoners on board skillfully took down all the remaining guards, and then various other prisoners began helping themselves to their own means of escape; some acquiring firearms to investigate the earlier distrubance, whilst others were helping one another with removing the handcuffs. He spotted a set of keys being passed.

"Whoever has the keys currently on them, would they be so kind as to unlock these cuffs, they are making my hands ache quite badly." Caspian remarked in a slightly annoyed tone, as he tried to massage his wrists with difficulty.

"Mustakraken, Dr.Edmond Mustakraken" Greeting Jacob's hand with his own, "charmed"

A brief bit of chaos was all that was need to liven things up a bit...Abigail made mental note not too piss that big fellow off anytime soon.

"Somebody call for a locksmith?"

"Hey, handsome over here!" She finished with a sharp whistle and raising her hands in the air.

Whilst waiting for the fair haired fellow with the Irish twang too reach her, she tried to see the assailants through the window. Trouble being what with the rain and everything it was more or less impossible to make out anything.

The brute walked past her too the guy with dreads.

"I could really use your help doc."

""What dedication! Let me help you with that."

Grace flinched as thumbs popped back into their sockets "Hey Doc, can you sort my ear out when you get five?" Pointing to her left lobe "If I wanted to speak french I'd of learnt it by now." She quipped.

Abigail noticed people gathering by the bus door, tooling up with whatever the could scavenge from dead and the dying.

"Ami ou ennemi?" Bellowed the one she had dubbed 'Brown Spikes' for lack of knowing a name.

"I hope they're at least somewhat friendly" Ran through he thoughts quickly followed by the annoyance brought from the translator.

Abigail glanced over too see her new friend Geist.

"Whoever has the keys currently on them, would they be so kind as to unlock these cuffs, they are making my hands ache quite badly." As he attempted too rubbed his wrists.

The Irishy guy and a few others had started moving off the bus and into whatever lay before them in the rain.

"Mr Whoeverhasthekey guy ladies first remember!" Abigail laughed "Guess we won't be doing time after all Geist."

"Well, there's no way we're leaving on this bus. Hey Calvin you know there were two other buses, how long do you think until they realize what happened and turn around?"

Calvin turned to face Byron. "In this rain? They won't hear the missing bus and I guess we have until they guy in front checks his back mirror and realises that there's supposed to be a set of headlights there. So who knows, could be 5 minutes, could be 40. We should wait and see if anyone else is coming, see what they think."

Staying low, Stefan worked his way to another corpse meanwhile, this guard had a bullet shot straight through his head. At least he died quickly he thought for a moment grabbing another key and making his way to Caspian. No matter how much of a bastard he might be, he didn't deserve to be shot dead because nobody uncuffed him, not really asking for permission, Almberg would try to uncuff him with the keys.

"Remain still and keep your head low."

That was all he said for now, his Swedish accent quite showing through and his voice having that authorative practiced feel to it, as if everything was routine. He took another nervous look out the window and kept his gun clenched tight in his right hand. The adrenaline was slowly being replaced by fear, expecting a round to go straight through his head any second wasn't really a pleasant thought.

After that, he would pass him the key, not really needing it anymore, at least the man could uncuff the fiery headed girl then.

The...?
No wait?
Ok these were people Robin needed to hang out with more.
She'd left the vehicle, taking cover behind it.
"So anyone care to get me out of these?"
She showed her handcuffs.
"Also if anyone of you happen to have found a pair of glasses, they might be mine and without them, I'm not exactly the most useful."

"Stand still and keep your head low." The man with a Swedish accent said in a low voice; and from listening to the conversation that was happening out by the front of the bus, discovered his name was Stefan Almberg.

"Why thank you very kindly sir, and I apologise if I sounded rude to you earlier; its just these handcuffs were digging into my skin, which was irritating me." Caspian remarked, thanking the man when the handcuffs slipped off his wrists and onto the floor of the bus. He then recieved the key and headed over to where Abigail was sitting, her hands already positioned correctly. After turning the lock several times, the handcuffs soon joined the others.

"There you go Miss Abagail. But we're not out of the woods yet, best be careful." Caspian said, trying to sounding reassuring to Abi. He then scanned the remaining armaments that were left on the guards corpses. Pretty much all of them were equipped with a pistol and a stun baton; but a few had specialty weapons, one of which caught Caspian's attention. It was a standard issue MP5, but had been modified with a silencer and a foregrip.

"Hmm, not as good as the Spectre, but it should suffice." He remarked, picking up the gun and examining it briefly.

"I'll keep watch from the back, in case they send anyone to check up on us." Caspian said to all those who were remaining on the bus. He then made his way to the back of the bus, and opened up the window, and had the gun ready.

Almberg grunted slightly, as he lowered his head again. It was stupid to step outside. Though the bus felt very little safer. Could they run for it? Probably not. Whoever had fired the shots had the skill of a true marksman. Which raised the question why nobody was dead yet. Perhaps that would be found out soon enough.

"At least we'll know they mean to kill us all as well if they start shooting up the people who left the bus, eh."

He wasn't speaking to anyone particular, leaning against a vacant seat, he remained low, taking a moment to reassert himself. He was calming slowly. It had been well over a month since he had held a gun and he honestly felt rather rusty. If he was going to survive like this, he'd need to get used to this again and he probably would in due time, but right now, everything felt like shit. The ache in his right ear had dulled considerably though. At least that was a good sign.

A loud, high pitch ringing echoed throughout the bus. One of the communication devices on the dead guards became to beep and glow red. After 4 seconds, the ringing died down, and the device changed from red to a light purple. The voice on the other end of robotic. Likely a low model artificial voice machine.

"You managed to take out the other guards faster than the other buses managed. And with fewer fatalities on your side. I am slightly impressed."

Byron was looking around the bus investigating his surroundings. Hmm modded rounds those people who shot the bus were really pros he thought. Suddenly he heard an artificial voice coming back from the bus. Startled by the noise he shouted back at the bus.

"Who the hell is that?"

He ran as fast as he could back inside the bus.

Stefan was already in the aisle, so reaching the guard wasn't hard. He decided to carefully pick up the device. Maybe this was the sign he had been waiting for after all. He wanted to ask the voice who it was, though it felt rather arbitrary. Instead he asked what was on his mind.

"Are you planning to deal with us as well?"

He took a slight breath. Awaiting the response. He vaguely heard Byron shout, though he blocked it out for now. Let someone else deal with that, he thought.

Calvin heard a high, clear siren from inside the bus. He raced back inside, wondering what had caused it. "Did we trip some kind of alarm?" he hadn't seen any such systems on the bus. On entering the bus, he observed one of the communication devices on a dead guard had lit up and a voice was coming out of it.

"You managed to take out the other guards faster than the other buses managed. And with fewer fatalities on your side. I am slightly impressed."

Calvin looked around at the others, unsure of what to do. "Maybe we weren't attacked after all., he thought, "Maybe we were rescued."
He shifted his gaze back to the corpse, waiting to see what the speaker would say.
It was the man who had been covering the door when he and Byron had gone outside who broke the silence.
"Are you planning to deal with us aswell?"
Calvin stood with baited breath, waiting for the response.

"Of course little lady", Edmond responded presenting the most cheerful appearance he could as he interacted with the earpiece. Matchstick was she called herself if he recalled correctly, a fitting name. "I am Dr.Mustakraken, and..." He began to address his fellow passengers, "If anyone else would like to have their earpieces removed or are in need of some assistance let me know, who knows how long our situation will remain this way". Casting his gaze upon the now deceased guards he began to acquire any tech they may have had in their possession. While the weapons that lie before him were enticing, appearing as a threat to outside forces was not what the doctor had in mind.

"If anyone else would like to have their earpieces removed or are in need of some assistance let me know, who knows how long our situation will remain this way." Dr.Mustakraken announced to his fellow passengers, suggesting he could help with the earpiece removal. Whilst Caspian found the device to be useful, he figured that he could find something a little more sophisticated once they left; perhaps it could be intergrated into his wrist computer, wherever it was at the moment.

"If the offer is going doctor, I'd much appreciate it; this thing is kind of bugging me." Caspian responded with a smile.

Throughout the short ordeal of taking out the guards, Calcifer had done nothing but sit calmly. Why do the work yourself when others were more willing to. Not to mention lives. "Doctor"? Calcifer held up his hands and clacked the cuffs. "If you'd be so kind, the legs as well".

'Someone who can talk on the guards comms. Clearly the leader of whoever shot up the front of the bus, or something like that. But a person with skill and means.

"Thanks for getting me out of those."
She said to Jacob.
Then the voice came on over the speakers.
"Don't suppose there's any spare weapons going on are there? This seems like a good day to be armed."

Stefan kept his thumb on the activation stud to the guard's communications device, though he did not click it again. His stare was focused on the faint purple light the device was emitting. Still, what the man had said, provided it was true. Meant that no guards would be returning for them for much longer than they originally had expected. They really had a chance at breaking free. But even if this man with the fake robotic voice didn't want them dead, he obviously wanted something from them. It was rather unsettling. Uncertainty gnawed at Almberg's gut. He couldn't discern anything from the fake voice, being artificial as it was.

Was it right that he escaped though, he wondered. Certainly, whoever wanted them all gone wouldn't play fair. It would be retarded for Stefan to turn himself in based on principle and the fact he was innocent. They say innocent men don't run, but he wasn't so certain that really applied.

"Whatever they're planning. We're not getting away without getting tied up in something here. Even if they don't want to kill us."

Almberg hadn't really meant to speak. He merely blurted his thoughts out loud. Though right now, he didn't really care. He hadn't pressed the stud either. He made a note to thank the man who freed him if he ever got to meet him. If his intentions were good, that is. Breathing out slowly, he kept crouching and waiting.

"There you go Miss Abagail. But we're not out of the woods yet, best be careful." Caspian said, trying to sounding reassuring to Abi.

"Nice one!" Came out a little bit too enthusiastically for her liking but it was good too have her hands free again.

Before too long the dreadlocked doctor came over to her answer her previous request.

"Of course little lady" The Doctor said a some what awkward kind of cheeriness, as he removed the annoying translator. He proceeded to introduce himself properly before offering his services to the others on board

She gave him a quick peck on the cheek "Ta, Doc!" as he set off.

Shaking out her arms she went too the nearest down guard too see if there was anything of use not already taken.

The guard was badly singed from the big fellows party trick, the smell of burned flesh still lingering about in the air around him.

First items of interest she came upon was a small book of matches from some strip club judging at the silhouette of a pole dancer on the front, She let out a short amused laugh as she pocketed them "Matchsticks for Matchstick..." shortly followed under her breath.

Almost giving up finding anything of any defencive value she checked a boot as a last hope.
Eyeing up her find Grace figured it was not quite the jack pot she was hoping for, but its better than nowt. A bone and chrome stilleto blade, flicking the blade open to inspect the edge her thoughts were interrupted by a a ringing tone followed by a monotone almost robotic voice.

"Ok then..." Looking towards where the voice had emitted from "...Any chance of getting some answers to whats going on?" She spoke out towards the Ex-cop crouching over another guard as he said something more to himself than to others.

As if on que the machined voice came back...

"Are you planning to deal with us as well?"

"That depends soley on several factors. The most important of which is, what are you willing to do to survive? You have quite a few unsavory characters there with you, but they are your best resource right now. What I ask of you next may overstep a few of your morals"

"...Any chance of getting some answers to whats going on?"

"I would love to young lady, but time i off the essence. And it might not be the best idea to stand around talking while you're stranded on a road used primarily for law enforcement."

"I would love to young lady, but time i off the essence. And it might not be the best idea to stand around talking while you're stranded on a road used primarily for law enforcement."

"Point taken." She got up from her plundered corpse and started making her way towards where Ex-Cop. Sliding past some of the other would be inmates that were cluttering the aisle.

"Hey 'Cop', you got a name?" before he could get a reply in she added "The names Abi', how about we get this freak show moving?" Her tone had somewhat lost it's merriment that had wrapped each word before and the more focused side of her was coming to the fore.

"That depends solely on several factors. The most important of which is, what are you willing to do to survive? You have quite a few unsavory characters there with you, but they are your best resource right now. What I ask of you next may overstep a few of your morals"

Stefan kept glaring at the device. It was rather obvious the man on the other end knew who he was. But he was right and survival was more important right now, morals would have to wait until they were out of this at least. He shook his head lightly and spoke into the guards' comm.

"I'm sure you have our cooperation, sir. At least, you have mine. What do you need us to do?"

He looked up from from the device as Grace approached. Nodding slightly at her question. His mind felt a little swamped, so it took him a few seconds to actually speak again.

"Hey 'Cop', you got a name? -- The names Abi' how about we get this freak show moving?

"My name is Stefan, Miss Abi and I believe you're right. But we'll need our mysterious friend. We don't want to walk blindly out here if what he..or she said is true, about it being roads used by law enforcement. We wouldn't get too far without his help, I bet."

He offered her a slight smile, but deciding against dropping his gun to shake her hand. The grip felt too reassuring to just let go and he was holding both his stunrod and the device in the other hand, even if his manners screamed otherwise. He slowly stood up, device in hand, he took in his surroundings, quickly noticing most people were inside again.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked