Order And Chaos: A Superpower RP (Started, Closed)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

"Our organization, Seraphim, searches for superheroes and offers them a job at our industry. They can work for money if they want, or they can work because they just want to help people. But they have to be dedicated about their work, because there's a lot of villains roaming around the country. I'm Christopher Adelbert, head of Seraphim, and we want to offer you a job putting down those villains. But it won't be easy. Some of them are too powerful for one hero. Some of them work together to create a powerful duo or even trio or more. And others are enough to sneeze at and they'll be blown away. Assuming you've got enhanced breath, at least. Should you refuse, we'll leave it at that. But know this. There will always be evil doers, villains, scum who want to ruin other people's lives for their own selfish gain. And we want you to stop them. We need you to stop them. If you'd like to come in person, our address is as follows."

An address was displayed along with a phone number. Seraphim had enough on their hands trying to assemble heroes to deal with all the villains who were terrorizing the city, so they had to put up an ad for them. In TV, on the Internet, everywhere and in every way they could think of. They had a few interested ones, but most just seemed to want to go their own way, which was unfortunate, but such was life. Christopher believed it was better to gather the heroes under one roof and organize them into a group who could go on missions when there was the need for it. He didn't trick anyone into joining, because he knew well enough that they'd rebel if they found out, and having former members of Seraphim attack the organization with all the secrets they'd learned would be catastrophic. No, he'd allow the people to choose. It was easier to earn the trust of someone who was honestly offered to come join them and not tricked in any way.

What did Seraphim offer that the heroes wouldn't be able to do on their own? Being a hero might be easy when normal humans can't attack you, but they need sleep like anyone else. And should the villains learn of their dwelling place, they'd be easily killed in their sleep. Seraphim offered a safe haven for anyone who joined, along with all the people they could meet and join in on missions. There wasn't a safer place for heroes, Christopher thought. He'd been in this business for a long time, and the heroes who had joined weren't disappointed. He had mages who were specifically trained in protection spells, taking turns to ensure that there isn't a weak spot or a downtime on them. He had scientists working at all times to make sure their computers and equipment were unharmed, because he'd had his share of technological problems, either due to just the equipment failing or villains harming them in some way. And he also offered anyone who joined a chance to simply live there. He'd had some heroes join and not go out on missions unless it really interested them, so he basically offered them a home and a job should they choose to accept.

The year is 2012. The city this organization is located in is New York. No matter where Seraphim looks for heroes in the world, the heroes will be found so that they can be offered to join Seraphim. They do not wish harm upon the heroes, only hoping that they can make the world a safer place to live in.

Welcome, one and all, to this superpower RP that I've created. I'm your GM, Lambi, and I'll try my very best to make this RP a fun one.

If you're not sure what kind of powers you want your character to have, feel free to look it up here. Just don't pick anything too overpowered, whether as a single power or a combo.

List of banned powers:

- Teleportation
- Telekinesis
- Gravity manipulation
- Invisibility
- Telepathy
- Clairvoyance
- Any kind of luck based power
- Magic, though only if it's just explained as magic. If you specify what your magic power does, it's alright. I don't want to see just a magic solution pulled out of your character's ass. They have to know what they're doing and be able to do specifically that.

Another thing I'd like to add is that while the Seraphim organization is stationed in New York, the RP will not only be taking place in New York.

I'm thinking about having around eight - ten people, with a balance of heroes and villains. I'm not going to disallow having six heroes and four villains or vice versa, but I'd like to see no less than three or four of both.

I do hope that you all have fun, and will enjoy the RP.

If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

My own character:

I'm still working on the personality and background, but I'm getting it up so I can find out if the concept is sound.
Otherwise I'm hammering out details on the rest, and should finish him tomorrow or the day after.

I have a hero and villain concept - both posted below. I'm willing to play either as needed for game balance, though I would prefer to play the hero character (as the villain character may be a little to villainous even for me)

For the love of god reserve.

I'll be back.

EDIT: Changed one of the powers as per suggestion and replaced it with a passive ability.

EDIT 2: Got rid of the ageing problem.

Sheet is finished. Give it a looksee.

I'm making a character for anyone else to use, or to be used as an NPC for anyone who can't come up with a character.
Is that acceptable?

Ryans Solution:
-snip-

I'm sorry, but your character's power is just really overpowered. Even if he's a hero, you're still talking about changing the air that everyone breaths into water or ice. I just cannot allow such a power, no matter the alignment.

PrinceOfShapeir:
-snip-

Really like your character. Can't see anything wrong with it.

Outcast107:
-snip-

No. Just...no.

First off, lets look past the fact that your character is basically the Joker with sorcery powers and dressed as Harley Quinn. Your character's power, no matter how you look at it, is luck based. One of the powers I banned was any kind of luck based power. You also forgot to mention a second power when you said Trix has two powers.

Secondly, your weaknesses aren't really weaknesses. Sure, I can somewhat see how talking to oneself makes you more vulnerable, but getting laughed at is something that belongs in personality rather than weakness.

Thirdly, your bio states that he lost his mind when his family tried to get him to change his mind and he snapped because of that. Unless his mind was really frail and weak, that wouldn't be something to drive one over the edge. If that is even the real reason he lost his mind, since you mention another reason.

Fourthly, and this should really be taken as a friendly advice, you need to work on your grammar. It's not impossible to read your sheet or even all that hard, but you do need to work on your grammar.

All those things can be fixed if you so desire to use this character.

hiei82:
-snip-

Lets start with your hero. I don't like his immortality, even if it's really only in the sense that he never ages. I do like the way he has super strength, but seeing as his knowledge of technology is related to his immortality, I'm afraid it won't cut it.

As for Hellion, I really can't see much wrong. She could need more weaknesses, honestly, and you need to make her bio bigger and more detailed. I'm also not fond of the part where the demon wants her to destroy the world. While it would probably be something a demon would say, I'm pretty sure not every demon wants that. If you could change those things about her, I might consider.

Also, use paragraphs more. Because honestly, even if the bio wasn't too large for your hero, it was still a bit tiring to read.

Dr. wonderful:
-snip-

I don't take reserves. If you want to join, make a sheet and I'll look over it.

To everyone else, I'm going to take a break for the moment before I read more sheets.

Lambi:
snip

Eh it's fine. I'll just kindly show myself out.

Sorry for the excessive use of pronouns, but I came up with the name last and I'm perfectly willing to change anything you find screwed up. I'm aware of how widespread he is, but I'm unsure of what you're looking for in supervillains at the moment.

Edit:Damn, another demon possessed finished before me. Well, demon-like

Escapist ate my first post.
Woo, a remake.
Reposted later on.

I went for a technological approach to a villain. Hope you like!

Lambi:

Ryans Solution:
-snip-

I'm sorry, but your character's power is just really overpowered. Even if he's a hero, you're still talking about changing the air that everyone breaths into water or ice. I just cannot allow such a power, no matter the alignment.

Isn't this a bit over-cautious? I think they were just trying to explain how their powers work. If you snip out the hydrogen/oxygen explanation and just say 'can create and dismiss ice' it accomplishes the same thing, and no one would see that as overpowered, as long as no ice bombs exploded from lungs. Put a restriction on the power, instead of just dismissing it. An instant kill like that is bad, yeah, but Iceman doesn't do it(regardless of if he could), so just don't let them. I think this is just a perceived op from the wording. A thought.

EDIT: I've completed the bio. Take a look.

There you go, really proud of this one. Tell me if there is anything I need to change or could adjust.

Lambi:

hiei82:
-snip-

Lets start with your hero. I don't like his immortality, even if it's really only in the sense that he never ages. I do like the way he has super strength, but seeing as his knowledge of technology is related to his immortality, I'm afraid it won't cut it.

As for Hellion, I really can't see much wrong. She could need more weaknesses, honestly, and you need to make her bio bigger and more detailed. I'm also not fond of the part where the demon wants her to destroy the world. While it would probably be something a demon would say, I'm pretty sure not every demon wants that. If you could change those things about her, I might consider.

Also, use paragraphs more. Because honestly, even if the bio wasn't too large for your hero, it was still a bit tiring to read.

Sorry about the paragraph thing - I'll try to clean it up a bit.

Hero: Okay, I'm just gonna skip over Hero as the immunity to aging thing was the linchpin to the whole character concept. Guess I'll make another superhero and post it later.

Hellion: Not sure how to meet your requests here. I could detail out her creation of Lexcorp Transys Technology, but I think that would be a particularly boring read, and I don't want to add anything to the early years because... well, it's already too dark for my taste (Side note: sad that the child beatings is the part of the world destroying super villain I have problems with huh?) Any suggestions on where to expand would be welcome.

As for her goal, I'm also not sure how to change it. I can't imagine demons have a lot they want - only more souls for the abyss. I suppose I could change her goal to "corrupt souls", but that's such a nebulous goal I can't really envision it - not to mention it would make her fire powers a detriment to her goal (i.e. killing people hardly causes corruption). Again, any suggestions that fit your world/plot design would be appreciated.

Any commentary is welcomed.

Keltrick:

Lambi:

Ryans Solution:
-snip-

Isn't this a bit over-cautious? I think they were just trying to explain how their powers work. If you snip out the hydrogen/oxygen explanation and just say 'can create and dismiss ice' it accomplishes the same thing, and no one would see that as overpowered, as long as no ice bombs exploded from lungs. Put a restriction on the power, instead of just dismissing it. An instant kill like that is bad, yeah, but Iceman doesn't do it(regardless of if he could), so just don't let them. I think this is just a perceived op from the wording. A thought.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Sorry, I guess I shouldn't post an RP thread when it's already night and I'm feeling tired. If he can change or restrict his power, I'll consider it.

Ryans Solution:
-snip-

You hear that? I'll consider your character if you restrict his power.
I should have also mentioned that your sheet looks kinda bare bones. Yes, you did say you needed to work on the personality and background, but your appearance, for instance, isn't descriptive enough. I'd recommend seeing how some of the other sheets handle it and try to work out how you should describe your character in more details.

hiei82:

Hero: Okay, I'm just gonna skip over Hero as the immunity to aging thing was the linchpin to the whole character concept. Guess I'll make another superhero and post it later.

Hellion: Not sure how to meet your requests here. I could detail out her creation of Lexcorp Transys Technology, but I think that would be a particularly boring read, and I don't want to add anything to the early years because... well, it's already too dark for my taste (Side note: sad that the child beatings is the part of the world destroying super villain I have problems with huh?) Any suggestions on where to expand would be welcome.

As for her goal, I'm also not sure how to change it. I can't imagine demons have a lot they want - only more souls for the abyss. I suppose I could change her goal to "corrupt souls", but that's such a nebulous goal I can't really envision it - not to mention it would make her fire powers a detriment to her goal (i.e. killing people hardly causes corruption). Again, any suggestions that fit your world/plot design would be appreciated.

That would be nice. I don't know how new you are to RPing, but as a general rule, paragraphs are always good to have in your post so it doesn't run the risk of just being a wall of text.

Well, it's just that a more detailed backstory makes for a better backstory. Your character's backstory is okay, but it could be better. You could mention her creation of TT, and you could also fill in the blanks in between whatever has happened.

Well, the demon could have given her power in return for her destroying a large amount of humans, not all of humankind. Or he could have asked her to show him that she's worthy of the power by killing a lot of people. I just think it's a bit too much to say all of humankind instead of a large portion.

Sounds like a fun idea, I'd love to join and have a character that I hope works well for the purpose.

Been a while since I did a forum RP though so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to tell me if anything needs correction

Lambi:

hiei82:

That would be nice. I don't know how new you are to RPing, but as a general rule, paragraphs are always good to have in your post so it doesn't run the risk of just being a wall of text.

Well, it's just that a more detailed backstory makes for a better backstory. Your character's backstory is okay, but it could be better. You could mention her creation of TT, and you could also fill in the blanks in between whatever has happened.

Well, the demon could have given her power in return for her destroying a large amount of humans, not all of humankind. Or he could have asked her to show him that she's worthy of the power by killing a lot of people. I just think it's a bit too much to say all of humankind instead of a large portion.

I'm fairly well involved with the escapist RP community (even have my own game running). I was just writing it up at midnight and didn't think about the walls of text at the time.

I'll start adding such things as time permits - I have a long drive today (blag)

I was going more for the Faustian bargain concept - given powers so that she COULD do some goal, not because she met a goal - it's a way to give you some control over my character and point it in the right direction as needed. I mostly went with the destroy everything, because I can't really think of to many things a demon would want. It was meant to be a long term goal, not anything with immediate effect (e.g. when she is old and dying, having conquered the world, she would take the world with her into the abyss - simple because she cannot have it.)

I'll start thinking of other goals a demon might have after I finish my second attempt at a hero (this one not old as dirt)

hiei82:
I'm fairly well involved with the escapist RP community (even have my own game running). I was just writing it up at midnight and didn't think about the walls of text at the time.

I'll start adding such things as time permits - I have a long drive today (blag)

I was going more for the Faustian bargain concept - given powers so that she COULD do some goal, not because she met a goal - it's a way to give you some control over my character and point it in the right direction as needed. I mostly went with the destroy everything, because I can't really think of to many things a demon would want. It was meant to be a long term goal, not anything with immediate effect (e.g. when she is old and dying, having conquered the world, she would take the world with her into the abyss - simple because she cannot have it.)

I'll start thinking of other goals a demon might have after I finish my second attempt at a hero (this one not old as dirt)

Ah, okay. I apologize for not knowing that.

I see. What I meant was that he would give her powers to destroy a large amount of humans, not because she'd done so before contacting the demon. Sorry if the wording made you confused. The demon could have other minions who could just as well do her job instead of making her do it. We never know. I just don't think a demon would put the responsibility of destroying all of humankind to a human. It seems a bit cheesy, if you ask me. A large portion of humans could do. He might be having other humans do the same somewhere else.

These are just ideas you can use if you so desire.

Lambi:

I see. What I meant was that he would give her powers to destroy a large amount of humans, not because she'd done so before contacting the demon. Sorry if the wording made you confused. The demon could have other minions who could just as well do her job instead of making her do it. We never know. I just don't think a demon would put the responsibility of destroying all of humankind to a human. It seems a bit cheesy, if you ask me. A large portion of humans could do. He might be having other humans do the same somewhere else.

These are just ideas you can use if you so desire.

I see what you mean. The way I viewed it (from the demon's perspective), he doesn't have high hopes for her success, but it's a winning bargain for him either way. If Sandra succeeds, billions of souls will disappear from the earth, many pouring into the abyss. If Sandra fails, he has caused a lot of pain and suffering in the process, got a good show, and gets to keep her soul as a consolation prize - and all for the low low cost of giving one mortal some fire power.

Meanwhile, Sandra got the powers she needed, and only has to do what she was going to do anyway - conquer the world and when she is done destroy it. Her soul was going to hell anyway, so she may as well make it a fun ride.

Either way, Sandra is a "Go big or go home" kind of thinker thanks to her giant-sized ego, so even if the demon didn't want the whole planet, she's still gonna try for it.

Edit: Also, new hero posted above.

I got a couple of questions
1. what exactly is the plot of the rp, if just hero vs villains till one group remains or will there be a over arcing plot that complicates things?
2. is there anything major happening in this world or is it just regular villains doing crime and heroes stopping them?
3. If magic exist do most mythical creatures exist as well?
4. Can the character be non-human/humanoid?

nuba km:
I got a couple of questions
1. what exactly is the plot of the rp, if just hero vs villains till one group remains or will there be a over arcing plot that complicates things?
2. is there anything major happening in this world or is it just regular villains doing crime and heroes stopping them?
3. If magic exist do most mythical creatures exist as well?
4. Can the character be non-human/humanoid?

1. It's not just going to be heroes vs villains. As it is, Seraphim sends the heroes out to deal with villains, but that's not the only thing that might happen.

2. It wouldn't be fun to spoil it here, would it?

3. I don't see why not. We have a gargoyle character, after all.

4. Same answer as number 3.

Lambi:
snip

I think I was drunk when I wrote my character so I'm gonna go back and edit it now, maybe write a new one.
I honestly don't even remember being on a computer last night.

After looking through some files in my history from last night it appears this is the least OP one I wrote, considering two of them were blatantly Alex Mercer and Jackie Estacado. And there was sentient rage virus, he had to be burned.

Starting over now. He'll be up in a couple hours.

Nevermind, just realized the new one is the punisher with bullet time.
I guess I'm dropping out then.

updated character sheet.

Expect a sheet soon
Please still be open

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked