Order And Chaos: A Superpower RP (Started, PM if interested)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

PrinceOfShapeir:
You'd be mistaken. I am a Christian, actually. What I don't approve of is liars and hypocrits, the people who claim to be Christians but give as much of a crap about that whole Do Unto Others thing as I give about the crap stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

Let me guess, you didn't actually read the whole sheet?

At first I skimmed it and admittedly, it is not as anti-christian as I thought it was, but it is not much of a stretch to say that someone on the escapist is not pro-theist. Especially when they make a bible that is essentially a cross between the one ring of power and the villain from the Care Bears movie.

Lambi:
Not really. Go ahead. I just have so many sheets now that I don't know if I'll accept both or either, but I see no problem with you two having characters with shared backstory.

Entirely understandable, especially with the amount of interest you've managed to generate. I do apologize for my habit of editing the sheet, but I might have to go over it again (especially after the shared backstory elements are hammered out).

On that note, I seem to have failed to explicitly denote the source of Lynn's power precisely, and I have fixed that mistake here.

avouleance2nd:
I'll just read over you sheet to see if anything comes to me do you have any ideas as of yet?

I had thought it possible for one of the people Lynn helped out to be someone of importance.

drmigit2:

PrinceOfShapeir:
You'd be mistaken. I am a Christian, actually. What I don't approve of is liars and hypocrits, the people who claim to be Christians but give as much of a crap about that whole Do Unto Others thing as I give about the crap stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

Let me guess, you didn't actually read the whole sheet?

At first I skimmed it and admittedly, it is not as anti-christian as I thought it was, but it is not much of a stretch to say that someone on the escapist is not pro-theist. Especially when they make a bible that is essentially a cross between the one ring of power and the villain from the Care Bears movie.

I am aware of this. I also really, really do not care.

David Woon:
hey lambi what do you think of my sheet so forward?

It's bad. It's very bad.

While the name is alright, you could be more original with it. The personality is described terribly and is not helped with the caps lock at the end of it. The appearance needs to be described better and the picture with it should only be there to help if the appearance is well described. The alignment should only be one of those things, not "this or this or this". You shouldn't describe a power as "It's like this character's power" because not everyone might know what that power does. I also don't look kindly on powers that make another character do something just because you say it does, like that power that makes a person go mad the worse their crimes are. The powers in general aren't described well. His weaknesses are...decent. They're okay, but the family kidnapping one isn't anything special. And you should finish the bio before posting the sheet.

Aside from all those problems, I also have a problem with your grammar. You don't seem to know when to use commas, you do seem to know how to spell at least, but your grammar needs work. Serious work.

Now, if you'd like to add the bio to your character, you can do that. But you still have all the problems I listed to work out before I even consider accepting you.

Any word as to mine?

Arcanist:
Any word as to mine?

Yours is good. Nothing wrong I see with it.

Still waiting on word for mine as well

I think most of the people here are waiting on word, I'm just waiting to see the final picks meself.

I'd also like a word
However if you can't give one I'll assume the lack of immidate rejection means it's ok for now

May I aks if I can be a person who uses meele weapons and guns without any powers? Just want to get an idea if I can before making a sheet.

avouleance2nd:
I'd also like a word
However if you can't give one I'll assume the lack of immidate rejection means it's ok for now

Silence only implies consent in court, Avouleance. And even then it's a pretty huge gray area.

I have two sheets in the making. They should be ready soon.

Added in the bio, just re-posting so you can see.

Korten12:
May I aks if I can be a person who uses meele weapons and guns without any powers? Just want to get an idea if I can before making a sheet.

I imagine so, I did after all.

CpT_x_Killsteal:

I'm not going to do the Bio tonight. I already have a great one formed in my head but I currently have the flu and I'm tired. Will pick this up tommorow.

P.S. I've never done an RP before so please be VERY detailed about what I've done well and bad.

I'm not the GM but I admit, your character sheet is pretty solid. I also think the blood thing is pretty neat.

If we're all asking for opinions, I suppose I'll make a request as well.

Dr. wonderful:

I'm not the GM but I admit, your character sheet is pretty solid. I also think the blood thing is pretty neat.

It's familiar from a tv show/manga from Japan, same powers. Lets see what's the bio is gonna look like.

PrinceOfShapeir:

avouleance2nd:
I'd also like a word

Silence only implies consent in court, Avouleance. And even then it's a pretty huge gray area.

I only wish God has a hidden commandment that moses forgot, "Don't be a dick", whenever I see some of your replies.

And to stop you from your snarky answer - I don't care.

PrinceOfShapeir:
I also really, really do not care.

To the GM - Same here. I'm eager to hear your opinion.

Hello everyone, I'm not new to the escapist but I am new to the forums. I kind of stumbled on the role playing forum and being someone who enjoys a good story I thought it'd be fun to get into. And this was more of the interesting ones that I found.

Lambi There's already a lot going on in this thread I was wondering if you could give a condensation of everyone who is currently playing, or rather, who actually has characters ready to go. Also maybe How many more people you have open slots vs how many people are showing interest at the time? There seems to be a bit of chaos. Or maybe I'm just having a hard time following whats going on.

I'm going to go work on my character right meow :)

TheIronRuler:

Snip

I'll admit I wasn't expecting you to come to my defence.
Guess I was wrong sorry about that and thanks.

Would you be interested in the shared back story thing?

Spoon498:

Snip

I've been roleplaying for years now and I got to Epic poster so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have or offer any help I can.
Feel free to PM me on this site or if you'd like I'm available on Skype.

TheIronRuler:

Dr. wonderful:

It's familiar from a tv show/manga from Japan, same powers. Lets see what's the bio is gonna look like.

PrinceOfShapeir:

avouleance2nd:
I'd also like a word

I only wish God has a hidden commandment that moses forgot, "Don't be a dick", whenever I see some of your replies.

And to stop you from your snarky answer - I don't care.

PrinceOfShapeir:
I also really, really do not care.

To the GM - Same here. I'm eager to hear your opinion.

You do know it's against the rules to insult people, right? Just making sure. Anyway, my point was that Avouleance really should not assume that Thor is okay just because Thor hasn't said anything yet.

PrinceOfShapeir:

Snip

Then allow me to explain the logic behind the assumption
Reading through the other posts it seems that sheets that the gm object to have flagged up very quickly and their problems pointed out. This hasn't happened to my sheet yet.

My character has already been acknowledged by the GM in response to whether or not I could set up shared back story in which he/she said they weren't sure if I would be accepted, if the character had been fundamentally flawed then I'd have received a clear no.

Finally I'm confident enough in my ability to create and balance characters that I doubt I've made any obviously stupid mistakes.

But of course you're right I couldn't be sure, I'd like to take the opportunity to ask if you can see any clear flaws that would cause my character to be rejected? Or for you opinions in general.

I'm going to start on telling my opinions on some sheets right now. Be patient, I'll get to your sheet if you don't see it here.

Lunar Templar:
-snip-

For starters, you need to use capital letters more. It looks much better if you'd do that.

Secondly, I have problems with her alignment. If she doesn't care about humans and their affairs, why even be involved?

I don't really see a problem with dragons, but her cursed flame I have a problem with. I'm not sure I want to have someone who has the power of flames that can't be extinguished by natural means.

avouleance2nd:
-snip-

Your sheet just looks awful. It hurts to read due to lack of any kind of grammar. If you do not brush up on your grammar, I cannot allow you to join. And I know that I mentioned that you and Vuvzelaman could make your characters with shared backstory, but while your sheet has such terrible grammar, I can't allow you to join.

Withmir:
-snip-

I'll say it right away that I don't want any kind of light manipulation. I probably should have mentioned that in the OP, but ah well. A bit late to mention that now.

Redryhno:
-snip-

Same goes for darkness manipulation, whether it's just minor or major.

Souplex:
-snip-

Your sheet is way too short to even consider allowing, plus time manipulation is not something I want to see.

TheIronRuler:
-snip-

Same to you regarding the time manipulation, plus I have some problem with your other two powers being something your character's had since birth.

Shadowstar38:
-snip-

Your character's possession power irks me. I can understand that you might only use it on NPCs, but I still don't like it. I'd rather it not be there.

drmigit2:
-snip-

Your character doesn't sit well with me. How can someone multitask so well with little problem? And I can't say I like that mech suit.

Lambi:
snip

Alright. I'll go ahead and remove that power. Should I also get rid of the reduced ageing effects? I only ask because you had a problem with someone who was totally immortal, and I dont want to risk it.

Shadowstar38:

Lambi:
snip

Alright. I'll go ahead and remove that power. Should I also get rid of the reduced ageing effects? I only ask because you had a problem with someone who was totally immortal, and I dont want to risk it.

Maybe if you change it to just being able to take more damage than a normal human. Otherwise, it should look good.

Lambi:

-snip-

Powers can't be acquired from birth in your universe?

Lambi:

Lunar Templar:
-snip-

For starters, you need to use capital letters more. It looks much better if you'd do that.

Secondly, I have problems with her alignment. If she doesn't care about humans and their affairs, why even be involved?

I don't really see a problem with dragons, but her cursed flame I have a problem with. I'm not sure I want to have someone who has the power of flames that can't be extinguished by natural means.

yeah, i know, weird habit i have while typing

i can lose the the cursed flame, it was just a neat sounding ability anyway, but I'll probably fill that gap with more control over her 'blue napalm'

Arcanist:
snip

Lambi:
snip

Just noticed that there was another electric hero with a lot of similarities to Ohm (my hero 2.0); a hero who was posted well before Ohm was - to prevent overlap, I'm withdrawing her and will implement a different Hero (if I can think of another one)

Sorry for not noticing Arcanist; I promise I wasn't trying to steal your thunder

Sorry for the pun, I just couldn't... resist!

I'll just shut up now ^_^

Lambi:

Snip

I've re-read the sheet and made some changes to the grammar as well as adding a fair bit of punctuation however I can't honestly see the problem being as severe as you say.
Would you mind giving me specifics of what you mean? I'd wonder if it might just be a question of style since I'd usually stand by my use of grammar. If you could be more specific about what's wrong I might be more able to make corrections.
Hopefully we can resolve this.

hiei82:

Arcanist:
snip

Lambi:
snip

Just noticed that there was another electric hero with a lot of similarities to Ohm (my hero 2.0); a hero who was posted well before Ohm was - to prevent overlap, I'm withdrawing her and will implement a different Hero (if I can think of another one)

Sorry for not noticing Arcanist; I promise I wasn't trying to steal your thunder

Sorry for the pun, I just couldn't... resist!

I'll just shut up now ^_^

Don't worry, I think I can find the capacity to forgive.

Any comments on my sheet? The name can be subject to change.

Hope you like it. :) If I need to edit, I can.

skip it, after the comment on page 4, I'm not gonna bother now

Attention, everyone:

I will not be giving any more judgments. Anything I've said up until now stands. I'll wait until either Friday, or until I have enough sheets, then I'll start accepting people. Until then, no further judgments.

Lambi:

Attention, everyone:

I will not be giving any more judgments. Anything I've said up until now stands. I'll wait until either Friday, or until I have enough sheets, then I'll start accepting people. Until then, no further judgments.

But... What if someone doesn't know if their's need to be edited and gets not accepted because of it?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here