Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (signup thread)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

40,000 years into the dark and grim future, war is never ending. A struggle between man and its foes, they could be anywhere and they are everywhere. Chaos forces pushing its way into the material world, Orks assaulting worlds unprovoked, Eldar attacks randomly spread out, the Tyranid and Necron threats hanging in the air, The Tau empire and the Imperium of man fighting for control of worlds and the secret decay of the God Emperor himself are all issues of the time.

In recent years, war has become relatively quiet. war still rages, but things have calmed down within the Imperium. This has allowed the Inquisition to seek out threats to the Imperium of Man inside the Imperium itself, to purge chaos from its borders.

Our Adventure begins with an Inquisitor who has gathered members of the Imperium of Man that are much like herself, Resistant or immune to the touch of the warp. Unbeknown to all of our gathered party save for the inquisitor, their fates are awaiting them in the Eye of Terror.

Welcome to the future, this rp will be about a ship and a gathered party being flung into the Eye of Terror. Such as the reason everyone gathered is resistant to the warp. You have been gathered from all parts of the Imperium and such is the wide range of people gathered here.

Here's the Sheet:
OOC
Do you have skype?:
Will you be willing to get it?:
Account name if you have it:
SKYPE IS NOT NEEDED. it improves chances of getting accepted though.
In Character
Name:
Career Path:
Chapter or Order:
Weapons:
Armor:
Appearance:
Build:
Height:
Bio:

Few things to note:
No godlike weapons
You're not the best of the best or you would have been exempt from this selection.
This is only the human race and its sub races, no other factions/races allowed.

I'll post my sheet today or tomorrow.
any questions, post here.

Ryans Solution:
snip

Thank you.

This is definitely interesting, expect a sheet tomorrow.

Also a few questions:
Are the Space Marines off limits or just certain chapters?
Would we have to include how we were contacted or how an inquisitor would know about our characters being resistant or immune from the warp?

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
snip

You don't need to include how you've found out and no, space marines aren't off limits. The only chapter i'd consider off limits are the Grey Knights.
But it wouldn't hurt to have a bit of backstory as to how you got there. Be it through being labeled a threat because of your ability or because you have crossed paths with the inquisition somehow.

mcpop9:
snip

Are Xeno weapons, equipment, and technology off limits? I wouldn't mind having a tau pistol.

Ryans Solution:

mcpop9:
snip

Are Xeno weapons and equipment off limits? I wouldn't mind having a tau pistol.

if you can give a valid reason why your character would have possession of and use it, then ok. Just make sure you can explain it to an inquisitor

mcpop9:
snip

Is being [attached to / part of] Ordo Xenos a good enough reason?

Ryans Solution:

mcpop9:
snip

Is being [attached to / part of] Ordo Xenos a good enough reason?

Ok, good enough. you can have it since it is re-engineered.

-null-
Please see latest post

Always wanted to make a Adepta Sororita
Hope you enjoy and any suggestions or criticisms are welcome :)

Always wanted to rp in the WH 40K universe. Shall create a great character for this, one of my finest works (I shall attempt I should say).

Edit: Done!

Redryhno:

I'll wait on gm approval of class before I do the bio and powers

continue. you're good so far.
love this captcha, "more cowbell"

LET THE GALAXY BURN.

Sounds awesome, but I'm a Chaos guy through and through...I'd ruin the game.

I got a similar problem to the guy above me. Eldar through and through, I can do Imperium but it depends if WAOA 4 kicks off soon to whether I can play or not.
One questions before I demo a sheet. How fast will this thing be going?

I'll have "The Mad Machaiah" sheet up either in the next few hours, or tomorrow; pending on whether or not I can withstand jet lag from the flight I just got back from.

OOC
Do you have skype?: Yes.
Account name if you have it: Corsair6500

mcpop9:

Any estimate into when this RP will start?

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

mcpop9:

Any estimate into when this RP will start?

i'm lookin for at least 5 rp'ers and i'd like to get one or two more sheets than that for a good selection.
and 5/8 sheets are female (mine included.)

VeneratedWulfen93:
I got a similar problem to the guy above me. Eldar through and through, I can do Imperium but it depends if WAOA 4 kicks off soon to whether I can play or not.
One questions before I demo a sheet. How fast will this thing be going?

it won't be scheduled, you get on and rp till you get off. I do have a faster paced posting rate when i'm into it, but most of the time it may be a few minutes between posts for me. The rate of the rp will change depending who's on and how the plot advancement is coming along.

EDITED and COMPLETED

Alrighty, for the sake of a good selection I made a second sheet for your liking:

mcpop9:
*poke *poke

I've done a bit more to my sheet. Does this work for you?

OOC
Do you have skype?: Yes
Will you be willing to get it?: Done
Account name if you have it: AtholAnderson

mcpop9:
Snip

I've finished the bio of my character. Post #12 is where its at.

It's a bit of a read, but a little extra gravy never harmed too many people.

OOOOOOH Warhammer RP. SO whats the the stuff. Can we be Inquisitors or are we the Inquisitors Team/crew? Also as for Psykers how high of a rating can we be? I'm not about to roll out an Alpha+ psyker that would be insane. I also have skype. Are Inquisitors off limits? Are untouchables off limits. Not to be confused with Pariahs. Until I know some of these I will be perusing the Lexicanum to help build my character.

warrcry13:
OOOOOOH Warhammer RP. SO whats the the stuff. Can we be Inquisitors or are we the Inquisitors Team/crew? Also as for Psykers how high of a rating can we be? I'm not about to roll out an Alpha+ psyker that would be insane. I also have skype. Are Inquisitors off limits? Are untouchables off limits. Not to be confused with Pariahs. Until I know some of these I will be perusing the Lexicanum to help build my character.

Inquisitors are off liits as it would be nigh impossible to trial another inquisitor and untouchables and piriahs are off limits as well.

as to when we'll start, i'm very bust and will most likely start this friday or saturday.
and thanks to all those who improved their sheets or submitted another one.

mcpop9:

Inquisitors are off liits as it would be nigh impossible to trial another inquisitor and untouchables and piriahs are off limits as well.

Our Adventure begins with an Inquisitor who has gathered members of the Imperium of Man that are much like herself, Resistant or immune to the touch of the warp. Unbeknown to all of our gathered party save for the inquisitor, their fates are awaiting them in the Eye of Terror.

To quote you from your last post and comparing it to your first, its highly conflicting.

To be immune to the warp one needs to be an untouchable or a pariah. Not even the Emperor Himself is immune to it.

So I need to know what it's going to be, are we allowed to be or not. Because if so I'll need to rewrite my characters bio to fit with these new rules.

mcpop9:

warrcry13:

as to when we'll start, i'm very bust and will most likely start this friday or saturday.

ALright understandable how about an Interrogator? AKA a Novitiate Inquisitor an Inquisitor in training if you will. THey have been known to be sent by their Inquisitor to work their own projects. Also Interrogator's are not anywhere near as untouchable as an Inquisitor.

Tiger Sora:

To quote you from your last post and comparing it to your first, its highly conflicting.

To be immune to the warp one needs to be an untouchable or a pariah. Not even the Emperor Himself is immune to it.

So I need to know what it's going to be, are we allowed to be or not. Because if so I'll need to rewrite my characters bio to fit with these new rules.

Actually all he said in the post was that the people gathered are resistant to the Warp, immune may be a bit of an exaggeration, but there's multiple Imperium medals and the like that convey that you're immune or at least highly resistant to Chaos.

Redryhno:

Tiger Sora:

Actually all he said in the post was that the people gathered are resistant to the Warp, immune may be a bit of an exaggeration, but there's multiple Imperium medals and the like that convey that you're immune or at least highly resistant to Chaos.

Well not knowing what the intent of the words is why I'm asking him. They seem to conflict with the latter orders which is why I need to ask Mcpop to get to the truth. Though your probably right.

Tiger Sora:

Redryhno:

Tiger Sora:

Well not knowing what the intent of the words is why I'm asking him. They seem to conflict with the latter orders which is why I need to ask Mcpop to get to the truth. Though your probably right.

Red is right. no one is going to be "completely immune" from the warp in the group. Resistant to the point where its highly unnatural and considered a threat to the imperium because they might be in contact with chaos already is the most i'll go. But resistance from a weakest form

The acolyte i'm going to have as my second will be tormented by chaos powers in her dreams. I want the idea od turning to the forces of Chaos to be a threat to eveyone, even if its only a little compared to to others allot.
I apologize as i'm horrible with explaining things.

warrcry13:

mcpop9:

warrcry13:

Inquisitors are off limits as it would be nigh impossible to trial another inquisitor and untouchables and piriahs are off limits as well.

ALright understandable how about an Interrogator? AKA a Novitiate Inquisitor an Inquisitor in training if you will. THey have been known to be sent by their Inquisitor to work their own projects. Also Interrogator's are not anywhere near as untouchable as an Inquisitor.

yes, thats acceptable.

Are you still accepting applicants?

Spoon498:
Are you still accepting applicants?

yes, verymuch. a day or two and we'll start.

May I ask what type of inquisitor your character is? Is she a puritan (no demon weapons, purge whole planets from the slightest hint of chaos, etc.)or a radical (no problem with demon weapons, ends justify the means, may even use demon hosts as companions...) or is she somewhere in between?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked