Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (signup thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I'm just curious if you could provide me with a reference in the 40k universe when any loyalist inquisitor ever used any sort demon host or weapon to help achieve his goals. I would like to read that story.

As a WH 40K I would be glad to! Gregor Eisenhorn was an inquisitor with a very tragic story:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Eisenhorn

Ohlawdylawdy:
May I ask what type of inquisitor your character is? Is she a puritan (no demon weapons, purge whole planets from the slightest hint of chaos, etc.)or a radical (no problem with demon weapons, ends justify the means, may even use demon hosts as companions...) or is she somewhere in between?

She's somewhere on the latter end. But her reputation is by any means necessary she'll get the job done. torture, brokering deals, ANYTHING to get the end results. Ofcourse she burns whatever she leaves behind during or after the job.

mcpop9:

Ohlawdylawdy:
May I ask what type of inquisitor your character is? Is she a puritan (no demon weapons, purge whole planets from the slightest hint of chaos, etc.)or a radical (no problem with demon weapons, ends justify the means, may even use demon hosts as companions...) or is she somewhere in between?

She's somewhere on the latter end. But her reputation is by any means necessary she'll get the job done. torture, brokering deals, ANYTHING to get the end results. Ofcourse she burns whatever she leaves behind during or after the job.

Good, that means she's the fun kind of inquisitor. Another question, would you accept a demon host into your entourage? I'd love to RP one.

Ohlawdylawdy:

mcpop9:

Ohlawdylawdy:

Good, that means she's the fun kind of inquisitor. Another question, would you accept a demon host into your entourage? I'd love to RP one.

Hmm... i don't know... its not going to go down well with all of the Sisters, i know my inquisitor wouldn't be against it. If you're willing to risk damage and possibly death by another rp'er then i say go for it.

mcpop9:

Ohlawdylawdy:

mcpop9:

Hmm... i don't know... its not going to go down well with all of the Sisters, i know my inquisitor wouldn't be against it. If you're willing to risk damage and possibly death by another rp'er then i say go for it.

Well I doubt that a sister would go against the direct of an inquisitor not to shoot her valued "prisoner". ;)

Give me a minute and ill post my character sheet.

Awesome you made my day I'll submit a character sheet for an Interrogator.

Name: Solomon Militiam/ Languorem

Career Path: Demon Host/ traitor marine/ demon prince

Chaos God: Nurgle

Weapons: None, currently bond in the body of Solomon. Languorem is still able to use powerful psychic abilities and take incredible punishment for a non mortal but is limited while bound inside a mortal. If unbound he wields a horrible plague blade called Unending Suffering.

Armor: None, wears the filthy rags of the mortal Solomon. However, in his true demon prince form Languorem his demonic corrupted flesh has molded with his old terminator armor and parts of the armor are still visible.

Appearance: similar to the appearance of a lord of change, Solomon is a regularly built Caucasian male. He is obviously stricken with some kind of horrible sickness, having oozing wounds and all sorts of boils covering his flesh.

Use his this picture as a reference:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251624_99110102094_CSMNurgleDPrincemain_445x319.jpg

Build: Bloated from the possession of Languorem.

Height: 5'11

Bio: Languorem was an original member of the Death Guard traitor legion and was a member of the Death Guard's first company, and like most of his legion followed the war master Horus and his primach Mortarion during the Horus Heresy. After the defeat of Horus the traitor legions fled to the eye of terror and broke apart into separate war bands, each led by a chaos champion. During this time Languorem made his mark by becoming a very successful chaos lord and leading his plague marines in 5 of Abbadon's Black Crusades. During this time Languorem received multiple gifts from Nurgle and eventually transcended to become a demon prince. After his ascension he continued to lead his war band for 3 years, until a group grey knights slaughtered his war band and banished him to the warp. Languorem spent thousands of years traveling the warp until he was summoned into the mortal Solomon Militam.

(Mcpop9 you can decide how we meet, how long we've traveled together, etc.)

Edit: sorry, zoned while reading and misread your post.

Ryans Solution:

Ohlawdylawdy:
As a WH 40K I would be glad to! Gregor Eisenhorn was an inquisitor with a very tragic story:

your steering them wrong...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Excuse my laziness I just googled Gregor Eisenhorn and clicked and linked the first link.

Ooc - do not have Skype do not intend to use it.

Ic -
Name: Cassius Mardak
Career path: adeptus mechanicus
Chapter or order: skitarii
Weapons: Godwin pattern bolter with hellfire rounds, left arm houses an in built Melta gun, bionic eye replacement for long range analysis
Armor: articifcier armor (counts as powered armor)
Appearance: Cassius is a massive bulk of flesh and metal made one. Surgically grafted into an armored suit, he is covered head to toe in armor and bionics. What little is left of his face stares unblinking towards his targets, while his mind impulse bionic cluster interacts with his strategy routines and implanted weaponry. His aror is painted red and silver like the magos he was altered to serve.
Build: armored
Height: 7'4 feet tall
Bio: Cassius was born on mars, the subject of the tech-priests bio science division to create tech guard officers capable of developing new combat strategies on the fly. He was engineered to be a skitarii tribune, to lead the armed forces branch of the mechanicus. As a praetorian, he was assigned to the elite warriors, with his advanced tactical analysis patterns leading the mechanicus to victories. He is utterly dedicated to upholding the will of the omnissiah, and will react swiftly and violently to any that might blaspheme against the machine god. Ave machina

Ohlawdylawdy:

Ryans Solution:

Ohlawdylawdy:

your steering them wrong...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Excuse my laziness I just googled Gregor Eisenhorn and clicked and linked the first link.

The only real problem with the wiki is the lack of policing.

*Looks at other submited sheets*

Geez...my poor Guards(woman) is feeling like a pretty small fry 0_0

Athol:

She has her place....between the real heroes and the bullets with her laser pointer.

Athol:

the small ones are some of the most important of everyone.

Redryhno:

Athol:

She has her place....between the real heroes and the bullets with her laser pointer.

my acolyte (her sheet will be posted soon, along with my inquisitor's.) stands at 5 ft 3 and isn't a real fighter. She's shy and is tormented nightly by chaos forces influencing her dreams. She's the weakest of the group and least courageous until her emotions are toppled.

everyone can make a difference.

mcpop9:

Athol:

the small ones are some of the most important of everyone.

Redryhno:

Athol:

my acolyte (her sheet will be posted soon, along with my inquisitor's.) stands at 5 ft 3 and isn't a real fighter. She's shy and is tormented nightly by chaos forces influencing her dreams. She's the weakest of the group and least courageous until her emotions are toppled.

everyone can make a difference.

Don't worry my character is basically an ugly human who can survive a bolter round. He is no match for most people in our party unless he somehow escapes his hosts body.

I guess being a semi mindless combat automaton has its advantages.

mcpop9:
Snip

Ok if they're off limits I'll just have to correct the bio.

Hope this works.

Spoon498:

Hope this works.

Ok, you're accepted by the sheer uniqueness of the sheet. not a soldier, not a spehce marine or anything of the sort. quite simply a janitor. welcome to the first accepted member.

Redryhno:

Athol:

Hey get it right! She's got two laser pointers...and an automatic bread knife!

I've done what needed to be done for many hours. Everything should be in order.

Thanks man, I look forward to contributing in any way I can :) I do so enjoy good stories. And the 40k universe is one of my favorite settings. So dark, so sad, and to me so hopeless.

Athol:

Same here. Well at least with my Imperial Guardsmen with an enlarged laser pointer, and small paper clip ;)

And Athol I like your character. That's why I play IG. Being a normal human in the 40k universe is ridiculous! Space Marines act all tough but they run around in tank armor! Not to mention have two hearts, spit acid, increased stamina ect ect... Being human in a world with tyranids, necrons, orkz, Dark Eldar, Chaos demons, and all sorts of others makes craziness makes me feel
very humble and far from the top of the food chain. Which makes it even better when regular humans, The imperial guard face these foes and bring them down with sheer relentlessness. Plus It reminds all those space marines exactly what they are fighting for or why they fight. For the common mans survival. I hope that character gets to play.

Spoon498:
And Athol I like your character. That's why I play IG. Being a normal human in the 40k universe is ridiculous! Space Marines act all tough but they run around in tank armor! Not to mention have two hearts, spit acid, increased stamina ect ect... Being human in a world with tyranids, necrons, orkz, Dark Eldar, Chaos demons, and all sorts of others makes craziness makes me feel
very humble and far from the top of the food chain. Which makes it even better when regular humans, The imperial guard face these foes and bring them down with sheer relentlessness. Plus It reminds all those space marines exactly what they are fighting for or why they fight. For the common mans survival. I hope that character gets to play.

I whole-heartily agree. Your sheet was pretty original even among the sisters of battle and space marines. It'll be a pleasure serving with you!

Plus if my sisters of battle character gets accepted rather than my imperial guardsmen, they could most definitely swap stories lol

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

Spoon498:

I whole-heartily agree. Your sheet was pretty original even among the sisters of battle and space marines. It'll be a pleasure serving with you!

Plus if my sisters of battle character gets accepted rather than my imperial guardsmen, they could most definitely swap stories lol

I'm not going sheet by sheet, i'm going player by player. So if you get choosen, you can choose to rp both or one.

Reading up until the last line I was jumping around thinking about Eldar Pathfinders but alas hopes are crushed.

Eldar forever alone. :(

Well, you finally get to meet the Inquisitor and her Acolyte. I know a few of you have been wondering if they even existed, but here they are. Tomorrow i'll make choices on the sheets.
The deadline is midnight tomorrow.
and to add a little spice to things:

Did you draw those?

Soviet Heavy:
Did you draw those?

no i didn't, but i like to use pictures because they're easier to identify the characters and their personalities. i wish i could draw like that though. The lower one seems to be closer to my reach.

http://mcpop9.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4ojjjx
http://mcpop9.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4mfjwa
http://mcpop9.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4p3ulc
these are about a year ago and are a bit below my current skill level.

I'll put up a sheet soon!

Ah faith and begora, midnight as in New York time? i'll try and get it done in half an hour but if not it'll be a hour or so after :s

I'm sorry, after reading those two sheets I cannot remain in this RP.

Well, that's a horrible loss on our part. We're sorry for ruining your time here.

Name: Xak Tsaroth
Height: 8'7"
Appearance:
Closer to a walking tank than a man, nearly 3 meters tall and not much less across. An Astartes was designed for killing- the appearance alone cowed one with fear. But to see one move- nothing human shaped should be so fast, so powerful. The psychologists called it transhuman dread. It froze a man, stuck him to the ground, caused his mind to lock up, made him lose control of bladder and bowel. Something huge and warlike gave pause: something huge and warlike and moving at the speed of a striking snake, that was when you knew that gods moved against men, and that there existed a scale of strength and speed beyond anything mortal, and that you were about to die.

Xak Tsaroth himself has been blessed by his dark god, becoming not male or female, but something in between. A hermaphrodite, the swell of his breasts contained within a tremendous shell of powered armor. Within this hideous warp-exposed exoskeleton is a body twisted with corruption, grotesquely mutated and morphed with Chaos. And it is a sight from the worst nightmares.

Traits:
A servant of Slaanesh, She Who Thirsts. From Slaanesh flows unending, unlimited pleasure; The eyes which gaze out of that skull seem deadened and numb, the pupils so wide and dilated that scarcely any iris was visible. These were eyes that had seen too much and never quite recovered. It was a condition that was like the opposite of blindness- rather than seeing nothing, these were black eyes that could see everything, and could never look away.

Xak Tsaroth's hearing is one thousand times as keen as a normal person. This sensory input affects his whole mind, causing extreme emotional reactions that make all other sensations pale and worthless. The more riotus the color, the louder and more discordant the noise, the more extreme the emotional reaction provoked. At such a level of sensory perception, nothing can stir him other than the din of battle and the screams of the dying.

Augmentations
-second heart
-third lung
-ceramic-ossified bones (with the ribcage fused into one solid piece like a breastplate)
-inhuman musculature
-blood that seals wounds in seconds
-an organ that lets them sleep parts of their brain while the others remain alert
-a pre-stomach decontamination organ
-nerve bundles connecting the spine and stomach wall, to read opponent's memories by eating their brains
-night vision
-a synthetic ear that not only improves balance but can filter and enhance certain sounds
-an organ that allows the marine to enter suspended animation
-an organ that provides adaptive skin that darkens in high levels of sunlight and protects from other radiation
-a blood-filtering organ that provides immunity to poison
-taste enhanced to such a degree that they can identify chemicals and track targets by taste alone
-an implant that allows the marine to sweat a thick mucus that coats the skin and offers resistance to extreme heat, cold, and vacuum.
-an organ that gives the marine the ability to spit highly corrosive acid poison
-a gene-seed that can be extracted and used to create more space marines

Equipment:
Underneath the powered exoskeleton is implanted a something resembling a film of black plastic, directly beneath the skin of the torso- the Black Carapace. It hardened and sent invasive neural bundles into the body, with interface points tied directly into his armor. This allows the space marine to link with the suit and move it subconsciously, without being hindered at all. The armor is effectively their second set of skin and the electrical fibre bundles underneath the armour their second set of muscles. The Black Carapace also allows the user to monitor their biological functions and that of the suit which is flashed straight to the mind just like a thought.

Weapons:
Primary weapon is a Bolter, which functions as a fully automatic armor-piercing rocket launcher that fires 20mm caseless "bolts". Other main weapon is the Doom Siren; fitted to his back, the device is an arrangement of tubes which amplify the war cries of the bearer into a devastating sonic attack which spreads out in front of the charging marine.

At different frequencies the Doom Siren can have different effects. It produces noise variously disorientating, stimulating and murderous. High decibels can deafen, while throbbing bass notes are strong enough to burst eyeballs and rupture organs as the victim vomits torrents of blood and viscera.

But these are nothing to the powers of Slaanesh, inspiring and entwining the noises of it's servants. The noise carries all who hear it on a journey of the senses. It drives them to laugh and then cry, builds a terrible anger and soaring elation. Faces become rapt in stunned disbelief, eyes wide as the power and majesty of the dissonant sounds penetrated the skull and spoke ectsacy to the soul. But not everyone can appreciate the wonder of what they are privileged to witness- many men are tortured in the throes of agony. Dizzying colours flash in the air, uncontrollable laughter and the intoxicating rush of emotions. The enemy shudders in pleasure, but there is panic in their eyes as their mouths stretched wide in silent screams, bones cracking as they distended. Hideous, soundless shrieks issued from their throats, realising the they could actually see the music as it reached out from the speakers and slithered among the men like a living thing. Friends turned and fought each other with fists and teeth. Others fall upon one another with carnal lust, and the heaving victims soon draw into a pile, convulsing in agonised throes of death and desire. An orgy of killing and sensational excess follows, blood running in rivers as the power of the noise drew a monstrous thirst and myriad colours. Soldiers club their allies death with their fists and eat their flesh or drink the blood from their veins, or set themselves on fire for the sensation of being burned alive.

And the rapid-fire bolts and offensive blasts continue in devastating explosions. Sonic booms rip human beings apart with an ear-splitting concussion, while the few able to fight thrash helplessly as their bones snap and heads explode beneath the barrage of noise. The music of the apocalypse.

But though the war from range is dire, the one close is far worse. In close combat, his mind ceases to reason and becomes a mere receptacle for sensations ignited the dance of destruction. Xak Tsaroth gives himself over to the sensation and becomes enraged- unbelievably, incomprehensibly, all-consumingly enraged and massacres whole legions. With the augmented muscle, powered armor, and the weight of chaos behind him, the marine would rip humans apart with his bare hands and open tanks with passes of his claws. The Traitor Marine is like an earthquake or a storm. Enemies have little hope of escaping and are helpless to stop it. There is weeping and gnashing of teeth; and prayer, thinking the end of the world has come.

Personality:
Brutally strong and has a fascination with war, genocide and pain and the methods of inflicting it. As with all followers of Slaanesh, the only focus of admiration is senseless indulgence. This ranks him among the most violent, sadistic, and debauched creatures imaginable. Because the Chaos Space Marines have all dedicated their souls to Chaos, they know that their souls will ultimately be consumed by the Ruinous Powers, unless they can earn the rare promotion to become Daemons in their own right. The Dark Gods do not truly care for their servants, and would gladly see them tortured for all eternity within the Immaterium simply for their own amusement. Xak Tsaroth does not care, seeing such as a new experience. He fights for everything that was once forbidden to indulge in as the ascetic servant of the Emperor and the selfless guardian of Mankind. Pleasure, wealth, but above all else the power to rule their fellow men in the name of Chaos.

Background Story:
An Astartes from the Relinquishers space marine chapter, whose ranks had allied with the Sky Brothers and endured weeks of hard fighting in the swamps of Tyrfa. The forest was dark and twisted. No light shone through the canopy above, the wet muddy floor was totally dark and wrought with strange alien foliage. The enemy numbered in the millions and were entrenched deep in the misty glades, past mazes of razor sharp rocks and daemonette-infested forests. But the Sky Brothers fought with valor and the guidance of the immortal God-Emperor, and the cultists who held the world were reduced to utter destruction. From an abundant multitude, scarcely a thousand survived to flee offworld. The Sky Brothers emerged triumphant, and the company were hailed as heroes.

But the company did not leave the war untouched; something about the cultist worlds had twisted and corrupted them. On Rhyutis, they uncovered the lost secrets of Chaos and became the heirs to an ancient and evil legacy. Succumbing to the lure of the Warp, the traitor marines and the great fleet under their control abandoned the Imperium and swore fealty to Chaos.

With their army of followers, the Traitor Marines returned not as saviors, but as conquerors. War raged on the Sky Brothers homeworld, and Xak Tsaroth fell upon his former allies with a wrath as never before. Colonists died by the millions, their corpses choking the crimson-red cities and grasslands. The loyal Astartes gained victory after victory, until they destroyed the servants of Ruinous Powers.

But many Chaos marines survived, fleeing to the embrace of the Warp, sent to other worlds to spread the will of destruction.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here