Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (signup thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I'm going to have to do the same as Shapier and pull out, sorry.

I don't think I can be in it but if you need a side character feel free to use this

Name: Kaltos Eisen

Career Path: Pilot

Chapter or Order: Imperial Navy

Weapons: Auto-Gun, Las-Pistol, Knife

Armor: Mark XII Carapace Armour and Type 5 Pressure Helmets which are equipped with respirators intended for low-oxygen, high-altitude drops or for deployment in hostile environments. High powered Vox Caster attached to back

Appearance:
Blue eyes
Bald

Build: Thin and somewhat lean. His muscle size is what one would expect from somewhat who has passed basic training and then sat in the pilot's chair for the rest of their career.

Height: 5'11

Bio:
Kaltos Eisen Grew up on the verdant world of Elysia, Home of the famous Elysian Drop Troopers. This was for a large part his inspiration to join the Imperial Navy. Flying was simply in his blood however fighting was not. This led to a complication, how does a Craven but stern devotee of the God-Emperor server his Lord without getting shot, dismembered or otherwise strewn across some backwater planet? The answer lied with the Imperial Navy, after all, being several thousand feet above the combat zone and traveling in excess 1100 kilometres per hour while inside what amounts to an armored box with guns does wonders increasing a man's life expectancy above fifteen hours.

So began Eisen's training in the imperial navy as a Valkyrie pilot. On paper Eisen is no one of vast importance or skill. He did modest tours of duty across several campaigns and generally did what his job ask of him too. Take a squad of dog-faced Guardsmen from point A to point B as fast as possible, with all their limbs still connected and then pick up the remainders once the hard-fighting was done.

What most would attribute to skill lie solely in one field, Luck, pure blind luck. Despite whatever is thrown at him he always has the natural ability to beat the staggering odds of survival for an Imperial servant. His dice hand is true, He gets the best card hands and can pass through fields of flak so thick you could get out and walk to the Drop Zone. On his profile he has been shot down only twice and both times he has crash landed safety behind friendly lines (or on them much to the chagrin of the Guardsmen manning the trenches). He has a high Talley of enemy kills (mostly Ork) without so much as seeing one up close. His luck persisted when he caught the eye of a Planetary-Governor who employed him as part of his "Bodyguard Cadre" as a glorified taxi service.

Eisen's luck may have started to change however as he has seemingly caught the interest of the Inquisition because of the only thing that can catch the attention of the Inquisition, the warp. As a part of the Navy Eisen is exposed to the horror's of the warp almost routinely. Every Cruisers warp jump exposes the crew to the foulness of Choas. People are somewhat protected because of the Gellar-Field that protects the starship and its occupants from the hostility of the psychically-reactive Warp. However the whispers of the warp may seep into men's dreams turning them insane as Eisen found out when he awoke to a crazed Ensign placing a knife at his throat before a lieutenant plastered his brains across the cold metal walls. Eisen however does not suffer from this. His sleep is peaceful, dreamless or centered around the raunchy fantasies of you're average twenty-six year old male. His innate resistance to the warps covert taint was enough for the Inquisition to acquire him from the planetary-Governor (as one doesn't simply say no to the Inquisition) for their own employ.

Personality:
Eisen's personality is nonchalant. He reacts to all the stress of being a servant of the emperor (and a target for a Xeno or heretic) with a blend humor and melancholy. He emotionally invests in group camaraderie as well as in the bottle, no different from you're average guardsmen.
He revels in the Guard-Navy rivalry, the back and forth vocal sparring between pilot and Guardsman squad being one of the highlights of his career.
He is also extremely craven, as a pilot he prefers to keep his enemies at 13,000 feet or more.
He is an avid gambler. He is also a devout servant of the emperor.

Abilities:
Modest with a gun
poor in hand to hand
Pilot
Communications (Vox Caster)
From further supplement Inquisitor training Eisen can drive any Vehicle mounted on the Chimera or Leman chassis with ease and with his own brand of professionalism

I have Skype but you'd reach me better through Steam to be honest, add me through there if you feel the need.

Lemme know if anything needs changing. Also added some personality

yeah, there was a LOT of 'making it up on the fly' here ^^;;

Mcpop. About your acolyte character.... I was reading up about psykers yesterday and an Alpha Plus is the most powerful level. Like snap a Battle Titan in two levels of power. Beta is the highest psyker level obtainable by a human while still being considered sane (wiki). And since she doesnt seem to be on Chaos' side. A powerful Delta level can crush a man against a wall and that seems like a really powerful level already. I think you'll need to revise that part. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I advise revision for the sake of lore and god powers.

Tiger Sora:
Mcpop. About your acolyte character.... I was reading up about psykers yesterday and an Alpha Plus is the most powerful level. Like snap a Battle Titan in two levels of power. Beta is the highest psyker level obtainable by a human while still being considered sane (wiki). And since she doesnt seem to be on Chaos' side. A powerful Delta level can crush a man against a wall and that seems like a really powerful level already. I think you'll need to revise that part. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I advise revision for the sake of lore and god powers.

Inquisitor Ravenor was only a Beta I believe even with the power chair that boosted his abilities like whoah. The psyker levels aren't actually set in stone. Authors seem to change them on the fly. SOmetimes Ravenor is beta sometimes he is Alpha plus and I think he was once a delta. It's a confusing ranking system

When can we look forward to this getting started?

Tiger Sora:
snip

Alpha plus has only two real examples, Snapping a titan in half and summoning a legion of daemons.
But I think Mcpop took that into account when writing the character.

I'm eagerly awaiting to find out whose in :)

Spoon498:

As am I good sir as am I.

warrcry13:

Spoon498:

As am I good sir as am I.

Me three.

Ryans Solution:
snip

warrcry13:
snip

Spoon498:
snip

i heard Mcpop won't be online for a day or so, though i missed the reason why

Lunar Templar:
snip

As in today and tomorrow, or just today?

Ryans Solution:

Lunar Templar:
snip

not sure to be honest, they didn't really say past 'a day or so'.

the irony is, he was all 'hurry the hell up with your character sheet' on skype XD and now its done and we're waiting on him XD

Lunar Templar:

Ryans Solution:

Lunar Templar:
snip

the irony is, he was all 'hurry the hell up with your character sheet' on skype XD and now its done and we're waiting on him XD

Oh noes Mcpop hasn't added me on skype does not bode well for me. I can be patient just hope this doesn't fall through like the last rp I was in which was my first ever.

warrcry13:

Lunar Templar:

Ryans Solution:

Oh noes Mcpop hasn't added me on skype does not bode well for me. I can be patient just hope this doesn't fall through like the last rp I was in which was my first ever.

i wouldn't worry yet, he and i are in another RP is why I'm on his already

Lunar Templar:

warrcry13:

Lunar Templar:

i wouldn't worry yet, he and i are in another RP is why I'm on his already

Ah good good. I've had to switch books because of this RP. I was reading Eisenhorn again, but that makes me wanna do this more. So I have switched to the Necroscope books. (Haven't read them before.)

Update for all: I lost internet and should be getting it back sometime this week. I didn't abandon the rp. I should get it back sometime soon, so untill then, I apologize for the delay. I had planned to start yesterday.

Currently I'm on a shitty tablet and I won't be able to start the rp on it. Ànd its neighbors internet/wifi.

mcpop9:
Update for all: I lost internet and should be getting it back sometime this week. I didn't abandon the rp. I should get it back sometime soon, so untill then, I apologize for the delay. I had planned to start yesterday.

Currently I'm on a shitty tablet and I won't be able to start the rp on it. Ànd its neighbors internet/wifi.

Alright thanks for the update I can be patient to find out who gets in.

mcpop9:
Snip

Skype update:
Actually checking Skype my username is Tiger_sora, I've only used it once so it wasn't built into the memory banks.

@mcpop9: Hope you get back online soon, I'm looking forward to this one. (Also really hope I get in...)

-waiting patiently-

Pandalisk:

Spoon498:

Tiger Sora:

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Alrighty, for the sake of a good selection I made a second sheet for your liking:

Ryans Solution:

Evrant:

Athol:

Lunar Templar:

warrcry13:

Redryhno:

here is the list of accepted players and their sheets.
Framed, you can rp both if you want to. your choice.
to the rest of everyone, thanks for submitting.

Oh I am excited I got in wooooo! Looking forward to it.

Oh hey, this is back!.

Looking forward to the opening post!

EDIT: were me, Spoony and Tiger not accepted in or are we in our own post section because were cool?

sweet! when can we startz?

Pandalisk:
Oh hey, this is back!.

Looking forward to the opening post!

EDIT: were me, Spoony and Tiger not accepted in or are we in our own post section because were cool?

its the character limit. had to post half the list there and the other half in my second post.

Yay I got in... for a minute I was starting to get worried there

It will most likely start tomorrow and i shall create a group as it'd be on site and easier than forcing people to get skype.

mcpop9:
snip

Should we expect morning, afternoon, or night?

mcpop9:
-snip-

If we have a say in start time, I'd vote for afternoon (Pacific Time) as thats about when I get off work.

Ryans Solution:

mcpop9:
snip

Should we expect morning, afternoon, or night?

I get home around 3pm US eastern, so expect somewhere around 4 or 5 pm US eastern.

mcpop9:
snip

I think were only about an hour out of synch then.
So my first step is to stop stop playing borderlands around 3 or 5pm... if only things were that simple.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked