For my records, if you would vote AND post please.
A Devil May Cry RP.
17.2% (5)
17.2% (5)
A Megaman X RP
10.3% (3)
10.3% (3)
A Fallout RP
72.4% (21)
72.4% (21)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: I've got three interests as well, but they don't all start with M!

Sometimes, I gets bored too, and I'm a guy who likes to think up and write up stuff. So, if prodded, I'd like to start something up. The thing is, I've got options, but I'd rather only commit to one at this here time. The reason for that is equal parts time, dedication to other RPs and such, and just unforeseen circumstances. So, I'm here to tempt whoever's reading this into whatever strikes your fancy. Thusly...

{1} Devil May Cry: Solstice Arise

Dante hates winter in New York. It's cold, it's miserable, and the barrier between the human dimension and anywhere else is at its weakest, thanks lovingly to that bane of humanity: Cultists. Year after year, he has to worry not just over devils walking into this world, but creatures from beyond reality or even the human subconsciousness. Dark monstrosities are at work, and the Devil Hunter now learns that this winter, the alignment of the cosmos is actually in perfect order, which means the curtain's coming down and we'll all be hip-deep in demon assholes, unless... Oh ho ho...unless we acquire some hotshots to spread the work around. Dante may be a scene-stealer, but he's all about saving the world. Question is...are you one of the guys fighting to save it...or damn it? That's up to you to decide...

{2} Maverick Hunters: After The Colony Drop

We have a situation. Zero is down, X is wounded, and we cannot confirm the total destruction of Sigma. We're still running damage control from the space debris and need to activate some additional forces. If you're receiving this message, then you were recommended for the Light Drop program, a new Maverick Hunter shakedown unit to assemble and organize a new team of Reploids for this line of work. Our situation is grim, but salvageable. This is an interpretation of the time after the game, Megaman X5, in a manner potentially more entertaining. There is more than one faction at work and your can originate from there, but dependent on who you are, you may be concealing certain truths, a double agent, playing it straight, or something else entirely. Remember, this is shortly after X5 (that being the high-point of the series), so the games after that have not happened. Message ends.

{3} A REALLY Wild Wasteland... (Fallout)

As you might have guessed, I like Fallout. I like it enough so that I've done some strange things with it, such as with the Enclave. (Anyone who's seen me reprise the role of anyone down at the Meta-Bar knows what I'm talking about.) This is a not-entirely-serious take on the stranger Oh-Crap-WTF stuff to carry on in the series. The time is somewhere not too far from Fallout 3 and New Vegas time. The area is Kentucky and the surrounding area therein. The reason for this is that this is where it all starts once more. Dependent on who you are, you could be in a severe situation or being the one dishing it out. That the Enclave are going to be loose - with some bizarre guys topping their list, no less - is actually the LEAST of your worries...once the others get moving. Raiders, Mutants, Deathclaws, MORE! (And yeah, if you can convince me, you could play any creature you can justify being if that's your pleasure.)

Pick one, please. Anything I don't decide on will likely be up for grabs next time.

EDIT: I AM going to give this a couple days, at least. Plenty of time for votes still.

Fallout please!

Running around and punching things to death was always fun.

*sigh* My kingdom for a Star Wars RP. But since I have little GM experience of my own and my story writing skills leave something to be desired, well beggar's can't be choosers as the saying goes. So my vote goes for the Fallout RP

sage42:
*sigh* My kingdom for a Star Wars RP. But since I have little GM experience of my own and my story writing skills leave something to be desired, well beggar's can't be choosers as the saying goes. So my vote goes for the Fallout RP

I'm sorry, but my Star Wars RPing skills are relegated to player status, as I've seen better people tackle GMing it than I.

Damn. These are all awesome. Fuck it. Megaman.

FalloutJack:

I'm sorry, but my Star Wars RPing skills are relegated to player status, as I've seen better people tackle GMing it than I.

Find these people and force them to make one!

Shadowstar38:
Damn. These are all awesome. Fuck it. Megaman.

FalloutJack:

Find these people and force them to make one!

Phil doesn't come to the Escapist, that I know of.

>:( Looks like we won't be having a Devil May Cry RP. In New York of all places too! *storms off and punches a cat albeit very gently*

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?! HUH?!

Really though, if it not only stuck to the semi-comedic style of the games and the action style then it would really be a blast.

Hey, here's the REAL question: How long should I keep this poll up?

FalloutJack:
Hey, here's the REAL question: How long should I keep this poll up?

3 day

As a Fellow Fallout fan who's also Dm's Fallout 2 PnP Campaigns i say Wild Wasteland RP because can get serious and Histerical all at the same time, hell in my second campaign i have a friend of mine who play's a wasteland hippie (with a massive fro) called the Bro who was experimented on by a npc i made, which made his hair, bodily liquids, and eye's change to ANY color (among others he does not know) every other day his hair grows back within a day and also may randomly change genders every other week and must role a hotness check too see how good he/she looks and also tries to convert people to broism(don't ask)and is a thief.

As much as I do love DMC, it's hard to really top Dante and co. And also with your background being more in Fallout, along with the general consensus, I picked Fallout.

JokerboyJordan:
As much as I do love DMC, it's hard to really top Dante and co. And also with your background being more in Fallout, along with the general consensus, I picked Fallout.

That isn't the reason I picked the name FalloutJack, you know.

I'd say Fallout. If for no other reason than it's the only series of the three that I know anything about.

I'd like to see a DMC RP, but since the consensus is leaning towards the Fallout RP quite heavily and it sounds like you've got it well planned, I'd say go for that! Also it'd be fun to try playing some mutated creature that has gained 'Hulk level' intelligence.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked