21.5% (14)
21.5% (14)
Alternate Timeline
24.6% (16)
24.6% (16)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Avatar RP:(TLA,LoK) Open/Not Started/get your silly sheets in

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Ok guys, sorry I didn't get back to you when I said I would, but a few things came up and to make a long story short, I haven't slept yet. But anyways, consider this open for applications. Everything after this I'd appreciate if discussion on sheets were kept to a minimum or pm's. Also, it's been decided by a majority that it will take place during the Post-Roku/Pre-Aang area of time. So it's going to start in the Earth Kingdom in Ba Sing Se. No one knows Roku is dead yet, that's about the one thing no one can know at the start. I'll let you know later on, since I"m going to say the Earth Kingdom Avatar temple is South-West of the city near the Serpent's Pass in the mountains.

The meet-up will be determined once I've chosen the sheets and decided how best I can get you all in a small enclosed space for the Fire Nation to fry alive. And since the Alt. Timeline was the one with the next highest votes, I'm going to change up a few things. It may be nothing major or just a matter of canon manipulation, but things'll be a bit different. Big things like Roku, Cabbage Man, or the Dai Li will still be the same, but you'll see as the story goes on.

I want a game during the great war that the Fire nation launched against the world. I want to see Air benders around as they haven't been destroyed (yet!) and Fire nation forces advancing on Earth Nation soil, attacking the water tribes, etc.

I say Korra present and Post-Amon, even with that there will still be a lot of tension between normals and benders, would be interesting to see how it plays out in RP form. :)

Korten12:
I say Korra present and Post-Amon, even with that there will still be a lot of tension between normals and benders, would be interesting to see how it plays out in RP form. :)

But the spoilers, oh god the spoilers, save those that didn't see the show.

TheIronRuler:

Korten12:

But the spoilers, oh god the spoilers, save those that didn't see the show.

That's true... But couldn't he have just a spoiler tag? So say: Anyone joining this RP, know that there will be full spoilers.

Hell yes! I've been Waiting for this one.

I think we should have it post Korra. Like, far enough into the future where Tenzin has gotten the Air temples back in order and we can have people pick Airbending without too much explaining. That also somewhat avoids spoilers from the lastest season.

I think we tapped the well as far as Fire Nation being the bad guys. And that is likely what we'd be getting more of if it's pre Aang.

Anyway, enough of this rant. Anything post Aang will work for me.

Alternate timeline, that way we can avoid spoilers for Korra, have the air temple and even do the Fire nation war if we so inclined.

Dr.Wonderful, YOU ARE A MAD GENUIS.

Shadowstar38:
Hell yes! I've been Waiting for this one.

I think we should have it post Korra. Like, far enough into the future where Tenzin has gotten the Air temples back in order and we can have people pick Airbending without too much explaining. That also somewhat avoids spoilers from the lastest season.

I think we tapped the well as far as Fire Nation being the bad guys. And that is likely what we'd be getting more of if it's pre Aang.

Anyway, enough of this rant. Anything post Aang will work for me.

You can't do that as it would mean that all of the air temples are inhabited by Tenzin's kids.....
Bleh. Air-bending will come to an end.

TheIronRuler:

You can't do that as it would mean that all of the air temples are inhabited by Tenzin's kids.....

Cant you just teach airbending to anyone who isnt a bender of something else?

I vote Post-Roku/Pre-Aang. It would be cool to play out the early stages of the war, as the rest of the world learns about the Air Bender genocide, as the Water tribes go into isolation, and as the Earth Kingdom starts losing ground. I don't thing this part of Avatar history is even fully fleshed out, so it would be very free flowing.

Dr. wonderful:
Alternate timeline, that way we can avoid spoilers for Korra, have the air temple and even do the Fire nation war if we so inclined.

Also this. I'm a sucker for alternate timelines.

Shadowstar38:

TheIronRuler:

Hahaha.... Oh wait, you're serious.
Bending is earned through the right of birth - If you're a member of a bending family, you have a chance to become a bender (A pretty high one). Some may be kids of two benders but aren't ablr to bend, but there are no kids of non-benders who have no benders in their gene pool. Early benders were wise sages that learned of it in the time of legends (Remember people learning water bending from the moon and the two earth bending lovers? There are also the dragon worshipping fire people and.... hmm, can't remember where air bending came from).

No Iron, a bender is someone who's been opened up to bending. There are enough non-bending families, Toph's for one,(though we can't say for sure about her ancestors.), to argue that it's an individual ability, not a family trait. Now they have to have the "spark, breeze, wave..."running out of metaphors for the elements so I'll just say the "stones", to bend in the first place, but just because they're from a non-bender family doesn't mean they can't bend, just there's a pretty low percentage of people from non-bending families that it seems that way. As canon for the rp, no matter what we do, bending's an individual's talent, not a family thing.

The Bison taught the Air Nomads by the way, Badgermoles Earthbending, Dragons Firebending, and Waterbenders decided the moon was pretty.

And can we please keep the clutter to a minimum? I intend to keep using this thread for sheets and the like, and I'm a lazy SOB who doesn't like to scroll to find something. Also, I'm going to request that Skype be downloaded. I was once one of you, believing that Skype was just a crap download, but now I see the light and have come to peace within myself.*cue dramatic music and humble pose.*

P.S.: Who the hell voted and didn't post? because I'm reading 15 votes and only six posters, who do you have to rip the spine out of before they start listening to instructions around here? *grabs nearest sinner, rips his skin off and proceeds to eat his brains with a spork*

TheIronRuler:

Shadowstar38:

TheIronRuler:

Hahaha.... Oh wait, you're serious.
Bending is earned through the right of birth - If you're a member of a bending family, you have a chance to become a bender (A pretty high one). Some may be kids of two benders but aren't ablr to bend, but there are no kids of non-benders who have no benders in their gene pool. Early benders were wise sages that learned of it in the time of legends (Remember people learning water bending from the moon and the two earth bending lovers? There are also the dragon worshipping fire people and.... hmm, can't remember where air bending came from).

Air Bisons.

Anyway, The only time I seen people actually learn their respective masters, are the examples Ironruler posted, and Toph learning to, "see" and Zuko, and Aang freaking badass dragon dance.

I voted for the pre-Aang period as well, so don't rip out my spine or eat my brains please.

Red, we've been over this: Every time you try to eat my brains, I introduce you to another fandom that will slowly rot your soul away. Do not make me tell you about Urasawa man, cause I'll freaking do it.

Anyway, I guess I'm the only one who voted for Post-Republic City founding/Pre-Korra. Because damn I loved the look and feel of Republic City, and it'd be fun as hell running around early 1930's mobsters, setting up speakeasies and the like.

Pappytech:
Red, we've been over this: Every time you try to eat my brains, I introduce you to another fandom that will slowly rot your soul away. Do not make me tell you about Urasawa man, cause I'll freaking do it.

Anyway, I guess I'm the only one who voted for Post-Republic City founding/Pre-Korra. Because damn I loved the look and feel of Republic City, and it'd be fun as hell running around early 1930's mobsters, setting up speakeasies and the like.

Not to mention pro-bending's beginnings, more or less. And the first Equalists coming into the light. And who doesn't want to be hired guards for a Cabbage Corp. shipment?

And I remember, your brains are in no way tasty, which is why I immediately go to spine ripping and pineapples up your rectum.

Tough call. I'm gonna go with either:
a)Aang-Present/Pre-Ozai overthrow
b)Post-Republic City founding/Pre-Korra
c)Korra Present/post-Amon
or
d)An Alternate Timeline (which would entail what exactly?)

Basically, I'm up for whatever, though if I had to give a conclusive answer, um... no clue, sorry.

Heh, I remember ages ago my first rp I ever tried to run was about the whole 4 elements thing. I fleshed it out a great deal and kept a lot of things tribal based, and bothered to use the Zodiac astrology of an Asian relation.

What I ran in to as issues were powers (why can't I control the water in someone?) and other related things. Then fast forward a few years Avatar (TLA) pops up and explosion of what I imagined and more so comes to life. I don't bother trying to host any more Element Rp's related directly to the four, because it feels a bit stale and overused, along with annoying feeling that I have to keep using ideas from the series =/ (it's complicated).

I wish you the luck of the ancients, and hope the best that yours turns out to be better then mine ended. (D**K bending effectively came in to play and basically made issues arise like an active volcano).

I think it would be great to have it take place in Republic City, just before or even during the Equalists start causing trouble. But really, as long as it stays true to the spirit, ha ha, of the original material, I'm game to try out for it.

Though, I'm honestly unsure if I would be a bender, and if so which element, or a non-bender. Both really have their pros and cons to be honest. Benders are not end-all, be-all. Look at Sokka. Or Asami. Both have talents that their bender friends just don't have.

[EDIT]: As Pappytech pointed out in an earlier post, another reason why I would LOVE for it to be in Republic City: 'Prohibition-Era' style in just about everything. The clothes, the speech, the attitude. All with that Avatar flair. It would be AWESOME.

Whatevers comes along, I wouldn't mind NOT being a bender. I'll do like the more Acrobat/ Chi-blockers type thing.

Basically, Nightwing.

1. Yeah, agreeing with Texas on that one; Prohibition era shenanigans are always the best shenanigans, especially when mixed with just the right amount of magic/fantasy. There's a reason why Baccano! continues to be my favorite anime series. In fact, I daresay that such a scenario would surpass even Rainbow Dash levels of awesome.

2. Also agreeing with the good Dr. on not being a bender. I don't really care what time period/universe this is going to be set in, dibs on playing the cocky swordsman with Rock Lee speed levels.

Pappytech:
1. Yeah, agreeing with Texas on that one; Prohibition era shenanigans are always the best shenanigans, especially when mixed with just the right amount of magic/fantasy. There's a reason why Baccano! continues to be my favorite anime series. In fact, I daresay that such a scenario would surpass even Rainbow Dash levels of awesome.

2. Also agreeing with the good Dr. on not being a bender. I don't really care what time period/universe this is going to be set in, dibs on playing the cocky swordsman with Rock Lee speed levels.

Now, I don't remember but, did anyone ever call someone 'doll' or 'dame', or talk about gams at all in Korra? I doubt it, but really, wouldn't it have fit in great? Really, there needed to be more classy skirts and shady businessmen.

Speaking of, I call dibs on the soft-spoken, neat-freak of a suit. Assuming that it takes place in Republic City. Otherwise... I'll come up with something.

Just so you guys know, I plan on bringing in the Cabbage Man no matter what timeline we use. He's just one of the background characters I'll be bringing back with this rp. He deserves it after how much pain and suffering he went through on any one episode...So I'm going to put his family, ancestors, descendents, etc. through even....more...yeah, that makes sense...right?

Edit: I forgot the first reason I posted. I'm a moron. I'm going to leave this poll up until around midnight or 2 in the morning over here, so about 6 - 8 hours more, and the timeline will be set and the sheet should be up about that time, so keep a lookout, I'll name this like Pre-Aang or Roku's Demise or something. Nothing will change, same thread, new name, and the sheet will be on the first new post I do as well as the OP.

Redryhno:
Just so you guys know, I plan on bringing in the Cabbage Man no matter what timeline we use. He's just one of the background characters I'll be bringing back with this rp. He deserves it after how much pain and suffering he went through on any one episode...So I'm going to put his family, ancestors, descendents, etc. through even....more...yeah, that makes sense...right?

Of course it makes sense! Cabbage Man, and by extension, his record-player selling descendant, are ICONIC to Avatar. They are practically REQUIRED, just like any and all cabbages must have HORRIBLE THINGS done to them.

To be clear, I want to do a good guy Chi-Blocker. If we're really going to do Post-Roku/Pre Aang then I have to be ready to make a character that can be included in ALL of the timelines which means I got to brush up on AvatarLore.

Time to go to the Avatarwikia.

FOR ROLEPLAYING.

Dr. wonderful:
To be clear, I want to do a good guy Chi-Blocker. If we're really going to do Post-Roku/Pre Aang then I have to be ready to make a character that can be included in ALL of the timelines which means I got to brush up on AvatarLore.

FOR ROLEPLAYING.

Just to try and shorten your search, everything I've ever found on Chi-Blockers say that Ty Lee was the first one, though I would be willing to accept one if the bio was good enough and it wasn't too OP, we all know how powerful Ty Lee was, even though she didn't have bending or ranged weapons really.

Redryhno:

Dr. wonderful:

FOR ROLEPLAYING.

Just to try and shorten your search, everything I've ever found on Chi-Blockers say that Ty Lee was the first one, though I would be willing to accept one if the bio was good enough and it wasn't too OP, we all know how powerful Ty Lee was, even though she didn't have bending or ranged weapons really.

Chi blocking is a circus technique Ty Lee learned of... I do think that the only non-benders would be just plain warriors (Like Sokka).

Redryhno:

Dr. wonderful:

FOR ROLEPLAYING.

That easy, he dosen't used Chi-blocking for every fight, and or every bender. His main form of attacks are Escrima Sticks, and he more intresting in showing off being a Entertainer. He is not a jerk but gets jealous over his three brothers, Mother, and Father are Earthbenders. In fact, I'm making him a acrobat because how else is he going to learn how to learn Chi-Blockings? Speaking of Chi-Blocking:

While at the San Diego Comic-Con 2011, Bryan Konietzko stated that chi blocking was not an art unique to Ty Lee, rather that it was ancient and "cloaked in secrets".

That is very new to me.

So, I was thinking on why he learn chi-blocking. He learn in the Circus for the exact purpose of what? You really don't need to learn the charka points when you above the crowd on a tightrope. So, I was thinking on giving him a trouble past, Maybe he learned Chi-Blocking as a further training on being an Assassin for the Circus? Which would explain why he dosen't used Chi-blocking in most fights, because it remind him of his old life? So he sets out not to take lives as humanly possible, using Escrima Sticks in an efforts to stick with it.

Man, I can't believe I want to RP this guy so badly, its hurts.

EDIT: "to stick with it." Even when I'm trying to contemplate my Character past, I still managed to include a pun. That's terrible.

Dr. Wonderful - your workaround is not very good. If it's just knowledge of chakra points, the sage Aang met knew of them as well. You don't have to be a circus man either.

Which is why I'm reading the Wikia now, but damn did it get bigger!

I should also rewatch the (original) series, now that I have Nexflix

Dr. wonderful:
EDIT: "to stick with it." Even when I'm trying to contemplate my Character past, I still managed to include a pun. That's terrible.

Keep it up and we may have to punish you.
I'll stop now.

But in all seriousness, would it be possible for an unmastered chi blocking user to only be able to disrupt ki flow momentarily? Would that suffice as a workaround.

post aang/pre korra just to see who in high hell is toph's husband.

Actually, I was planning for him to be able to stop someone chi flow for a 40 seconds. 120 secs at most.

The whole point, though was to disable someone and then kill them in their moment of weakness. Which is why I (kind of) like the Assassin Background.

I could see that sort of thing working, and the background definitely works. I have the start of a few ideas in my head, but I wouldn't be able to hammer those together quite yet.

Ok guys, sorry I didn't get back to you when I said I would, but a few things came up and to make a long story short, I haven't slept yet. But anyways, consider this open for applications. Everything after this I'd appreciate if discussion on sheets were kept to a minimum or pm's. Also, it's been decided by a majority that it will take place during the Post-Roku/Pre-Aang area of time. So it's going to start in the Earth Kingdom in Ba Sing Se. No one knows Roku is dead yet, that's about the one thing no one can know at the start. I'll let you know later on, since I"m going to say the Earth Kingdom Avatar temple is South-West of the city near the Serpent's Pass in the mountains.

The meet-up will be determined once I've chosen the sheets and decided how best I can get you all in a small enclosed space for the Fire Nation to fry alive.And since the Alt. Timeline was the one with the next highest votes, I'm going to change up a few things. It may be nothing major or just a matter of canon manipulation, but things'll be a bit different. Big things like Roku, Cabbage Man, or the Dai Li will still be the same, but you'll see as the story goes on.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here