21.5% (14)
21.5% (14)
Alternate Timeline
24.6% (16)
24.6% (16)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Avatar RP:(TLA,LoK) Open/Not Started/get your silly sheets in

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

...I'm pretty sure there was already an RP in this time frame, but hey, a slightly alternate timeline sounds like fun.

Saddle orgy, Alright, I'd laughed at it.

I made a sand bender sheet a while ago for the last Avatar thread, considering that one tanked within a few days, I think I could dredge it up.

*Edit* And from the depths of RP hell, Genji will rise again to maybe participate in another Avatar RP!

A quick question: has the Fire Nation invaded/declared war yet?

drmigit2:
I made a sand bender sheet a while ago for the last Avatar thread, considering that one tanked within a few days, I think I could dredge it up.

*Edit* And from the depths of RP hell, Genji will rise again to maybe participate in another Avatar RP!

Was that the one from a year and a half ago by chance? I think I recognize the sheet. Might be able to see what I tried to do back then.

TheBlueShotgun0:

No, three days at most after Roku's death, and I'm manipulating canon a bit so it may be a while before that event happens, besides it takes months to get everything put back together anyways since I'm going with the idea that Sozin's scared shitless of Roku still and actually broke down on military thingys, but left him to die when he saw the opportunity to make the world a better place in his eyes. Things are still relatively peaceful everywhere.

VuvuZelaMan:

drmigit2:

Was that the one from a year and a half ago by chance? I think I recognize the sheet. Might be able to see what I tried to do back then.

No, about a month or two ago. I actually was not rping here a year ago, really got started about 8 months ago now.

drmigit2:

VuvuZelaMan:

drmigit2:

No, about a month or two ago. I actually was not rping here a year ago, really got started about 8 months ago now.

Ah, I see. Seems the avatar RPs come up fairly often, I guess.

Anyway, I have a bit of a concept in my head -- some kind of generally benevolent wanderer using a sword. Not sure which bending I should go with, if any (all of them have a way to work), and that decision would fill in a fair bit of the background with a bit of work.

EDIT: The idea mostly came from the half-remembered character mentioned above (would've been a secret Airbender), and a comment from the wiki mentioning that a samurai-like sword would be very good for a waterbender.

Here's my char.

This will probably be incomplete for a bit, but I decided that a waterbender better fit the concept.

I find it very hard to get her off the island.

Redryhno:

TheBlueShotgun0:

No, three days at most after Roku's death, and I'm manipulating canon a bit so it may be a while before that event happens, besides it takes months to get everything put back together anyways since I'm going with the idea that Sozin's scared shitless of Roku still and actually broke down on military thingys, but left him to die when he saw the opportunity to make the world a better place in his eyes. Things are still relatively peaceful everywhere.

Alright, and thanks for the swift reply. And now, drum role please...

The bio turned out a little longer than anticipated, but there it is. Let me know if there's anything you want changed.

I'm in another RP, but I love Avatar and would kick myself quite a bit if I didn't at least try to get into this. I'm still pretty inexperienced though...

EDIT: Crap, might've made Zuko. Doing it again -_-

EDIT 2: Okay, don't think he's aping anyone now... hopefully.

Minor edit: Changed the look slightly, nothing of importance.

CrazyGirl17:
...I'm pretty sure there was already an RP in this time frame, but hey, a slightly alternate timeline sounds like fun.

Speaking of alternate timeline, there is very little expansionist tendency for the Fire Nation lately. I'm playing with the idea that Sozin actually took Roku's "advice" and dismantled the "bringing prosperity to the barbarians" movement, and just recently started it up (two days ago) so the movement is just now coming back, so it'll take a few weeks for the news of the new movement to get back here. About the same amount of time it'll take you to get to the shore where they'll be disembarking. Other than that it seems good, except for the dual dao swords, not trying to burst the style of the character,but if she's experienced(which I'm assuming with her merc background) would she really need the swords too?

drmigit2:
snip

Again, not trying to burst the style of the character, but are you sure you want to be a Sandbender instead of an Earthbender? Other than that, it seems sound.

Shadowstar38:
snip

Alright, I like the pirate. I don't like Waterbenders very often, but you're in.

TheIronRuler:
Here's my char.

Alright, everything up to the dragon part is good, drop it, they'll show up later in the story for you Firebenders, but I do like the anger thing, it makes it that much better.

VuvuZelaMan:
This will probably be incomplete for a bit, but I decided that a waterbender better fit the concept.

snip

Alright, basest sheets are better than nothing. Now work my puppet!

TheBlueShotgun0:
snip

Alright, only 2 things I have a problem with:
1. Not really a problem, but I'd rather not have a bunch of sword-wielding benders running around, if you could either switch to another weapon other than a sword, or just use bending, your choice, it'd be alot more diverse than, stabbity stab stab.

2.Your height, I'm going to say about 6 feet is max height, so shrink yourself and that's it. Bender Brothers can be pulled into the story too.

The rest of my potential talking props:You've got plenty of time to submit a sheet, but get it done soon, and I expect what is it...21 people(?) that voted on the poll. At least the 11 or so that voted for this time zone I really do expect to post a sheet or at least say they can't join in. Don't sit on the sidelines lurkers, get your asses in the ring so that I can kick you out again!

Redryhno:

Alright, only 2 things I have a problem with:
1. Not really a problem, but I'd rather not have a bunch of sword-wielding benders running around, if you could either switch to another weapon other than a sword, or just use bending, your choice, it'd be alot more diverse than, stabbity stab stab.

2.Your height, I'm going to say about 6 feet is max height, so shrink yourself and that's it. Bender Brothers can be pulled into the story too.

Both fixed now. He still knows how to use a sword, if that's ok, but now he's primarily bending.

ruedyn:
I'm in another RP, but I love Avatar and would kick myself quite a bit if I didn't at least try to get into this. I'm still pretty inexperienced though...

I'll forgive the Sun Warrior thing because I just posted the dragon thing, but I don't want any dragons in Firebender backstories, they'll come into play later on for your guys, I promise, kinda...if we get that far.

Another thing, height thing I posted about up there, and although I'm messing with the timeline a bit, no Irohman, I love the guy, but COMPROMISE!:

1.Make your fire breath more specific in length and breadth, say a one inch stream of fire going out fifteen feet, or full mouth that goes out five feet but much wider.

2.While I am changing a few things with the time, flying fire feet is one thing I'm going to say is a few decades away at the least. Sorry, but Airbenders have to have that huge advantage in my mind still.

Redryhno:
I'll forgive the Sun Warrior thing because I just posted the dragon thing, but I don't want any dragons in Firebender backstories, they'll come into play later on for your guys, I promise, kinda...if we get that far.

Another thing, height thing I posted about up there, and although I'm messing with the timeline a bit, no Irohman, I love the guy, but COMPROMISE!:

1.Make your fire breath more specific in length and breadth, say a one inch stream of fire going out fifteen feet, or full mouth that goes out five feet but much wider.

2.While I am changing a few things with the time, flying fire feet is one thing I'm going to say is a few decades away at the least. Sorry, but Airbenders have to have that huge advantage in my mind still.

Thanks for not making me redo the bio. I changed the height, got rid of the fire feet, and now he didn't dragon dance.

ruedyn:
snip

Actually, I really would like you to change the bio, there's a reason for that as the Firebenders in here don't know the original firebending ways, and having a Sun Warrior-raised person at all, regardless of rather or not they know the dragons or dragon dance, Sun Warriors are going to be slightly less overgrown than TLA's time period, but still believed lost.

Redryhno:

ruedyn:
snip

Actually, I really would like you to change the bio, there's a reason for that as the Firebenders in here don't know the original firebending ways, and having a Sun Warrior-raised person at all, regardless of rather or not they know the dragons or dragon dance, Sun Warriors are going to be slightly less overgrown than TLA's time period, but still believed lost.

;_;

Okay I will. It might take awhile though.

There you go, If you have any trouble with it, PM me alright? I don't want to clutter the RP with comments (more than I already did)

All righty, have a good night folks.

VuvuZelaMan:

Yay, I'm done! And I modified the initial concept, since it would help more if someone was a healer. What does everyone think?

VuvuZelaMan:

VuvuZelaMan:

Yay, I'm done! And I modified the initial concept, since it would help more if someone was a healer. What does everyone think?

I like it :D. Not my opinion that matters though is it.

ruedyn:

VuvuZelaMan:

VuvuZelaMan:

I like it :D. Not my opinion that matters though is it.

No, I'd say your opinion matters. If nothing else, it's always nice to know that others like it.

This looks interesting, so here's my submission. Any feedback would be appreciated!

EDIT: Oops, forgot to spoiler.

VuvuZelaMan:

VuvuZelaMan:

Yeah! hat was cool!

Kay, finished bio. Really hope I'm not copying a pre-existing character.

Dr. wonderful:

Yeah! hat was cool!

Thank you.

As a side note, I think the bio (especially the 'having Kara end up in Earth Kingdom' bit) went through about seven different forms before that one ended up sticking.

ruedyn:

EDIT: Crap, might've made Zuko. Doing it again -_-

EDIT 2: Okay, don't think he's aping anyone now... hopefully.

I think he's different from any other Avatar character. Couldn't tell you for sure, though. I do like the concept in any case -- little kid just trying to help his family makes a breakthrough on some ridiculously difficult aspect of bending (especially if that's pushed earlier in the story, IMO).

Arcanist:
This looks interesting, so here's my submission. Any feedback would be appreciated!

EDIT: Oops, forgot to spoiler.

I'd hate to see how big this post would be without a spoiler tag on the forum.

I do like the more 'superhero' feel you've given it, but is there any reason in particular why you chose his nickname to mention a bird?

VuvuZelaMan:
I do like the more 'superhero' feel you've given it, but is there any reason in particular why you chose his nickname to mention a bird?

Ah, that's more backstory I haven't added yet, as I felt it wasn't too relevant. The gangs he fights don't like him very much(obviously) and so have taken to trying to smear his name in the community. One of the first insults they came up with was that he was a coward because he favored hit-and-run tactics in his early days, calling him 'as flighty as a baby sparrow.'

People didn't quite buy it, but they did seize on the bird motif in a more positive way, hence the nickname.

Arcanist:

VuvuZelaMan:

Ah, that's more backstory I haven't added yet, as I felt it wasn't too relevant. The gangs he fights don't like him very much(obviously) and so have taken to trying to smear his name in the community. One of the first insults they came up with was that he was a coward because he favored hit-and-run tactics in his early days, calling him 'as flighty as a baby sparrow.'

People didn't quite buy it, but they did seize on the bird motif in a more positive way, hence the nickname.

Ah, nice turnabout. Almost wish I'd gone with a nickname for Kara.

Note that this is my first time attempting a RP on these forums. I've been RPing in various places for about ten years now, but it's been a while since I've done so on a forum not specifically dedicated to a single RP, so it might take me a bit to adjust.

Thanks for your input, lemme see what I can do...

Apollo45:

Note that this is my first time attempting a RP on these forums. I've been RPing in various places for about ten years now, but it's been a while since I've done so on a forum not specifically dedicated to a single RP, so it might take me a bit to adjust.

That bio is a work of Art.

Seriously, there is no way to describe it, well done.

*sigh*
Fixed the char, now with 0% dragons!

Round two of the hate comes full-circle, begin!

ruedyn:
snip

Alright, that works now.

Dr. wonderful:
snip

I'll take everything but the assassin bit, a bit toned down maybe? Maybe not a travelling circus of Acrobatic Assassins(if solely for the fact that anyone with half a brain is going to start connecting the dots if they heard of this travelling circus and the murders in a, more or less, peaceful and prosperous world, and deny them entrance at least on the basis of superstition, or going so far as conducting their own investigation into the weirdness)
Compromise?:
You can keep the travelling circus, I find that fine and all, nothing to pick a bone with there, but maybe....this is harder than I thought for some reason...it's a circus of smuggling and under the table dealings,everything up to, but not including, assassination/murder, until someone(?)that came to the circus wandered into the wrong place and Hao was presented with a choice between killing an innocent and running off with said innocent? Just an idea to get your idea bank working if it needed it or not. Otherwise I find it fine and dandy. And it's always nice to see someone with weapons other than swords for once.

VuvuZelaMan:
snip

Alrighty, it works, and they may or may not need healing as this thing goes on.

Arcanist:
snip

Good, but you do know that the whole plot won't be taking place in Ba Sing Se, right? Just because it seems he intends to stay there no matter what. Other than that I'll accept it.

Apollo45:
snip

I'm slightly uncomfortable accepting this sheet, because of the Energybending, and although you intend to not develop it beyond a better understanding of people unless "plot device needed" is reached, there's still the chance that you might reach for it at some point if you forget, or get desperate...or something. Another thing is that your bending thing doesn't exactly follow what we do know about it, passing on knowledge, close/open bending gate, etc.. Something I can suggest, to make the Energybending and the like a more interesting thing is to make it simply augment your natural abilities, and he is just a very empathetic person. I'll allow it regardless, except for one more thing, I'm saying that 6 feet is the tallest any of the PC or most NPC's will be. This is just to try to encourage some variety in heights around here(a bunch of 6'5" 200 lb. manly men gets boring after a few rp's, and besides this is Avatar-world and time period, 5'10" is considered being huge, 6 foot is almost unheard of at this point in time.) Love the Lemur though, one of the best things of the Avatar-verse is the wide array of animals and companions/pets/etc.

CrazyGirl17:
snip

Alright, I know I used that word alot here, it looks fine, but just to let you know, I would prefer it if you'd at the least attempt to make bigger posts in this rp, making them short won't do much more than make me twitch, but it won't make it where your character meets an untimely end. Besides, I love the fact that there's more than one other female, of course.

Redryhno:

Arcanist:
snip

Good, but you do know that the whole plot won't be taking place in Ba Sing Se, right? Just because it seems he intends to stay there no matter what. Other than that I'll accept it.

Na, he's good to leave. He's done tons of good(people aren't afraid to walk the streets at night, for example) and local gangs are really starting to make him their number one priority, so even he's starting to feel the heat. If he feels he can do more good elsewhere, he'll leave, though he'd probably drift back at some point.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked