Alternate Timeline
24.6% (16)
24.6% (16)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Avatar RP:(TLA,LoK) Open/Not Started/get your silly sheets in

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Dr. wonderful:
snip

I'll take everything but the assassin bit, a bit toned down maybe? Maybe not a travelling circus of Acrobatic Assassins(if solely for the fact that anyone with half a brain is going to start connecting the dots if they heard of this travelling circus and the murders in a, more or less, peaceful and prosperous world, and deny them entrance at least on the basis of superstition, or going so far as conducting their own investigation into the weirdness)
Compromise?:
You can keep the travelling circus, I find that fine and all, nothing to pick a bone with there, but maybe....this is harder than I thought for some reason...it's a circus of smuggling and under the table dealings,everything up to, but not including, assassination/murder, until someone(?)that came to the circus wandered into the wrong place and Hao was presented with a choice between killing an innocent and running off with said innocent? Just an idea to get your idea bank working if it needed it or not. Otherwise I find it fine and dandy. And it's always nice to see someone with weapons other than swords for once.

All right, but I'll compromised.

Thanks for the idea, but if I used it, I'll have to give up Chji-blcoking...and you know what? Screw Chi-blocking, this guy is strong enough not to use it, plus what the point of using it, if the character dosen't use it?

I'll start on making the changes.

There you go, but I have to give Hao a sidekick because of the changes, Thankfully, she's more of an talking animal companion (unfortunate choice of words) then a a brand new RP character, so act as if she just an extension of Hao who is willing to say the things that Hao won't.

Redryhno:

Apollo45:
snip

I'm slightly uncomfortable accepting this sheet, because of the Energybending, and although you intend to not develop it beyond a better understanding of people unless "plot device needed" is reached, there's still the chance that you might reach for it at some point if you forget, or get desperate...or something. Another thing is that your bending thing doesn't exactly follow what we do know about it, passing on knowledge, close/open bending gate, etc.. Something I can suggest, to make the Energybending and the like a more interesting thing is to make it simply augment your natural abilities, and he is just a very empathetic person. I'll allow it regardless, except for one more thing, I'm saying that 6 feet is the tallest any of the PC or most NPC's will be. This is just to try to encourage some variety in heights around here(a bunch of 6'5" 200 lb. manly men gets boring after a few rp's, and besides this is Avatar-world and time period, 5'10" is considered being huge, 6 foot is almost unheard of at this point in time.) Love the Lemur though, one of the best things of the Avatar-verse is the wide array of animals and companions/pets/etc.

You got it. I'll adjust the height to something more within the time period. The reason I went 6' 2" was because the extra bit would help him with climbing, but that's not a big issue. And I totally agree on the manly men part.

As for the Energybending, I like your augmenting natural abilities idea. I was going off of the whole soul-combat thing Aang and Ozai did and extrapolating that if you can get that close to someone's spirit it would make sense that reading them from a distance wouldn't be far-fetched, but I'll change it around to what you said. And you've got my word nothing more will become of it unless you guide it that way. You're the DM, right? So if I get out of hand feel free to bitch slap me into submission. The entire idea was, as I said, more of a way to allow him to grow up with the Air Nomads without being able to Airbend.

Edit: Fixed it up. Let me know if that's alright or if you were thinking something else with the Energybending.

Redryhno:

CrazyGirl17:
snip

Alright, I know I used that word alot here, it looks fine, but just to let you know, I would prefer it if you'd at the least attempt to make bigger posts in this rp, making them short won't do much more than make me twitch, but it won't make it where your character meets an untimely end. Besides, I love the fact that there's more than one other female, of course.

Um... thanks? And don't worry, I'll try to make my posts a bit longer.

CrazyGirl17:
snip

That's all I'm asking, nothing more.

Thoughts so far? Anything to nerf or expand upon?
Edited after some more research

Is it too late or too full to sign up?

I'm interested if you have the space.

Gabanuka:

Nope, not too late to submit a sheet, not at all. Go on ahead and post one, I'll tell you exactly how OP and stupid your guy is and then we'll have a fun time of it anyways.

Redryhno:

Gabanuka:

Nope, not too late to submit a sheet, not at all. Go on ahead and post one, I'll tell you exactly how OP and stupid your guy is and then we'll have a fun time of it anyways.

Seems fair, give me an half an hour. Maybe a whole.

Redryhno:

VuvuZelaMan:
snip

Alrighty, it works, and they may or may not need healing as this thing goes on.

Thanks. I figure even if the healing isn't needed for the group, it might help in dealings with other people. Plus, the original idea I had would've been redundant. Is there anything that could use elaboration?

And done.

Edit: Changed the age. Seems like there are way to many young people in this RP

Sooooo now what?

To avoid a long content post I am obligated to post this:

I think we should discuss this RP history, yes it takes place three days after Roku's death and 12 years before Aang is told he's the avatar.

Man, oh man 12 years to cause some crap before being forgotten to the sands of time.

Not sure if I'm in the RP officially but:

I'm guessing we aren't allowed to do anything too world changing. Unless we're on a different time line.

Dr. wonderful:
I think we should discuss this RP history, yes it takes place three days after Roku's death and 12 years before Aang is told he's the avatar.

Man, oh man 12 years to cause some crap before being forgotten to the sands of time.

Eeyup, and guess what? There's going to be at least one timeskip if this doesn't fail

Gabanuka:

I'm guessing we aren't allowed to do anything too world changing. Unless we're on a different time line.

And yes, I'm tweaking the timeline a bit, so what you're doing can easily be world changing

Redryhno:

Gabanuka:

And yes, I'm tweaking the timeline a bit, so what you're doing can easily be world changing

Kewl. Dibs on next Firelord.

Redryhno:

Dr. wonderful:

Eeyup, and guess what? There's going to be at least one timeskip if this doesn't fail

AND we're starting out in Ba Sing Se.

Why do I feel as though we're going to be chase by guards thorughout the city?

Whew! Finally got rid of that writer's block.

Gabanuka:

Redryhno:

Gabanuka:

Kewl. Dibs on next Firelord.

Dibs on becoming next Earth Queen via the subtle art of cabbage bending.

Muffin Button:

How is the most powerful form of bending known to man, so strong that it surpasses even the Avatar's seemingly boundless strength, subtle?

Pappytech:

Muffin Button:

How is the most powerful form of bending known to man, so strong that it surpasses even the Avatar's seemingly boundless strength, subtle?

Okay, the not-so-subtle art of cabbage bending.

Oh god, I wish I still had that character sheet of a waterbender guy I made once. Basically he mixed Jian sword fighting with waterbending. I'd go into more detail, but he is forever lost.

EDIT: Whoops, quoted into a double post in lieu of an edit. My bad.

VuvuZelaMan:

CrazyJew:
Oh god, I wish I still had that character sheet of a waterbender guy I made once. Basically he mixed Jian sword fighting with waterbending. I'd go into more detail, but he is forever lost.

Do you know what thread the character sheet was originally posted in? The Escapist should still have the post somewhere in your post history (and if it was on another forum, I'd think they'd do it too).

Let me know what you think. This is my first attempt at role playing/character creation in many years. I am of course open to expanding and/or altering things.

CJ1145:
snip

Yay, an Airbender! Finally, something that's closed in so many other rp's is actually open and no one picks it really. You've brough Gyatso into the mix too, so that's cool, makes it easier for me to do if/when he comes into the mix. You're in on default of being the only Airbender sheet offered up.

Muffin Button:
snip

Your post is good, but presents a few problems. Nothing you can really change if you wanted to, and although I'd rather this not be one girl fifty guys thing, how to insert you into the story is a bit problematic since you're - let's face it - from a backwoods sort of place. And while I know the important things of the outside world are known, certain nuances may be lost on her. I'll think about this, but that's the best I can say with any degree of certainty.

Gabanuka:
snip

Your sheet, on the other hand, seems a bit strange. Yes, it's pre-war, and I don't remember if I put it in a post or not(so I'm not counting off points for that) that Sozin called off the "prosperity to the barbarians" movement because of Roku, but since he's dead now around twenty or thirty years later, he doesn't see anything keeping him from achieving it, so he's just now starting to gather everything again for that. Second, this is still a time of peace and harmony, no one has any dislike of any particular type of bender(other than personal grudges), and so he wouldn't be shunned for being a fire bender, just encouraged to find a master outside the water tribe because of the obvious reason being:
-They don't have any Firebending teachers at the Poles to amount to anything really.

Easton Dark:
snip

Ah, another Northern Water Tribe guy here. Let's see, nothing's really out of place except for the not wanting to take lessons with the local master, but that can be overlooked, nothing that can be changed, looks good.

Pappytech:
snip

Yay, another non-bender, you guys are so refreshing to see show up from time to time. Go ahead and work on the bio as much as you want, I like the character enough as it is to consider them without that pesky where were you born stuff. Props for another animal friend being around too.

JokerboyJordan:
snip

You, I'm afraid is not up to snuff....nah, I don't feel like bringing you down that much. So I'll just get into the sheet.

Another animal, finally people are seeing some of the great things about being here in the Avatar world, another Earthbender is nice to see too. Again, you're up for consideration as it is. Just time to see that bio whenever you get around to it, of course. Nothing's out of place, so no need to change anything. The Jemmenite ring is a nice touch though, never goes hungry that way. Bumi would be proud....and then laugh as he rides Omashu's mail system to his broken back that haunts him the rest of his life.

Redryhno:

Your post is good, but presents a few problems. Nothing you can really change if you wanted to, and although I'd rather this not be one girl fifty guys thing, how to insert you into the story is a bit problematic since you're - let's face it - from a backwoods sort of place. And while I know the important things of the outside world are known, certain nuances may be lost on her. I'll think about this, but that's the best I can say with any degree of certainty.

Could always add a few years knocking around the earth kingdom into the backstory, which would bring her a bit more up to speed with things. I was thinking of expanding on the backstory anyway.

The reason I did not choose an Airbender is because there is no way in hell I could of done it justice.

I thought it would be easier for me, I have a tendency to write overpowered characters and with a bender?

Oh man, that is a recipe for disaster.

So, I chose a non-bender...well, a Earthbender who can't bend. Either way, I just want to get in with this group.

@Dr.wonderful:
Wasn't criticizing people for not doing it, just really surprised since most of my experience has been that everyone loves Airbenders so much any rp that involves Avatar that doesn't have giant blue cats or poisonous gas, or that hated James Cameron copyright, the thing is inundated with Air sheets. A bit of a mixed blessing on my part, since I love the concepts of Airbending more than any other, but kinda sad that there wasn't another one until the second page of sheets, but then again, I didn't have a huge amount of half-assed sheets. An older character in general pushed me over the edge too, because as much as I loved the younger main characters, you can never get enough of Iroh, Piando, Pakku, Tenzin, or Lin.

And the few non-bender sheets are nice for variety too, I'd like to have a mix of everything in this is all, and that includes sheets like yours and Pappy's.

Hope this helps a bit. Could be given a special delivery to Ba Sing Se if you want an easy way to bring her into the story.

Tiger Sora:
snip

Lol. The Hundred-Years War hasn't even started yet, Roku's just recently dead(three days at the most), and Sozin's just now started up the war machine after Roku told him "NO" a few decades earlier, so no one outside of the Fire Palace really knows about the movement starting up once more, and there's only a few dozen people that even know Roku's dead, and they're being held for "recently suffering a traumatic experience of seeing the Avatar go plop on the volcano", translation, Sozin doesn't want to waste the chance he has.

And this is running off of an altered timeline, so the PC's are going to come into contact with some important people and do some maybe important things. It all kinda depends on a few factors, but another Earthbender is always nice to have. You can have pets/companions too if you'd like. Probably something I should've put on the sheet to begin with, but hindsight and all.

Sorry for the bit of a ramble here, I'm a bit tired so I'll leave it at that.

Anyone still wanting in:
It's not too late to put up an application, I'd like to have a balance of benders and non-benders. So Airbenders are at 1, Earth at around 4 or 5, Water at about 4, and Fire around 4 as well. There's only two non-bender sheets I believe, and I'm looking for around ten people total when I make the decision in about 24 hours. Anyone that doesn't get in, I'll pm you why I didn't care for your sheets as much as others, so maybe you can improve upon them. Or better yet, start up your own Avatar rp! Make it LoK, make it so far in the future Firebenders are now sending rockets into space with the help of Airbenders and Earthbender engineers! Or way back during Kyoshi's reign and have her kill Chin(secretly the ancestor of everyone's favorite Cabbage Merchant).

And I'm rambling again, so I really have no idea what I just said, but you may or may not get the general idea...drugs are great things.

No...keep on rembling, you have a lot of great ideas,,,

Fuck, I'm tired too. Catch you on sunday...26.....maybe around 2:00

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked