24.6% (16)
24.6% (16)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Avatar RP:(TLA,LoK) Open/Not Started/get your silly sheets in

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Redryhno:

Gabanuka:
snip

Your sheet, on the other hand, seems a bit strange. Yes, it's pre-war, and I don't remember if I put it in a post or not(so I'm not counting off points for that) that Sozin called off the "prosperity to the barbarians" movement because of Roku, but since he's dead now around twenty or thirty years later, he doesn't see anything keeping him from achieving it, so he's just now starting to gather everything again for that. Second, this is still a time of peace and harmony, no one has any dislike of any particular type of bender(other than personal grudges), and so he wouldn't be shunned for being a fire bender, just encouraged to find a master outside the water tribe because of the obvious reason being:
-They don't have any Firebending teachers at the Poles to amount to anything really.

All right, that seems easy to work around. I was going to do a few rewrites anyway since I had a few new ideas.

I stand by the fact that children would mistrust him, given that they probably has never seen a firenation citizen. AS or the 4 nation thing, do with that as you will, personally its interested me ever since Iroh mentioned he learnt from waterbenders.

Redryhno:

Ah, another Northern Water Tribe guy here.

Originally was going for a non bender from the fire nation.

Don't hate me :D

Redryhno:

Tiger Sora:
snip

Lol. The Hundred-Years War hasn't even started yet, Roku's just recently dead(three days at the most), and Sozin's just now started up the war machine after Roku told him "NO" a few decades earlier, so no one outside of the Fire Palace really knows about the movement starting up once more, and there's only a few dozen people that even know Roku's dead, and they're being held for "recently suffering a traumatic experience of seeing the Avatar go plop on the volcano", translation, Sozin doesn't want to waste the chance he has.

And this is running off of an altered timeline, so the PC's are going to come into contact with some important people and do some maybe important things. It all kinda depends on a few factors, but another Earthbender is always nice to have. You can have pets/companions too if you'd like. Probably something I should've put on the sheet to begin with, but hindsight and all.

Sorry for the bit of a ramble here, I'm a bit tired so I'll leave it at that.

Anyone still wanting in:
It's not too late to put up an application, I'd like to have a balance of benders and non-benders. So Airbenders are at 1, Earth at around 4 or 5, Water at about 4, and Fire around 4 as well. There's only two non-bender sheets I believe, and I'm looking for around ten people total when I make the decision in about 24 hours. Anyone that doesn't get in, I'll pm you why I didn't care for your sheets as much as others, so maybe you can improve upon them. Or better yet, start up your own Avatar rp! Make it LoK, make it so far in the future Firebenders are now sending rockets into space with the help of Airbenders and Earthbender engineers! Or way back during Kyoshi's reign and have her kill Chin(secretly the ancestor of everyone's favorite Cabbage Merchant).

And I'm rambling again, so I really have no idea what I just said, but you may or may not get the general idea...drugs are great things.

I noticed you sort of skipped over mine without replying. Was it so bad that it didn't even warrant a response? =(

I might post some alternative character ideas later if another Earthbender doesn't interest you.

Quick Question, what are the status of the Air Nomads at this point? I kind of want to do a Air Nomad Character (Jury's still out on whether s/he is an Airbender or not). The character bellow assumes that I am.

Also, this is my first roleplaying thread so I apologize in advance if I screw something up.

xaszatm:
Quick Question, what are the status of the Air Nomads at this point? I kind of want to do a Air Nomad Character (Jury's still out on whether s/he is an Airbender or not). The character bellow assumes that I am.

Also, this is my first roleplaying thread so I apologize in advance if I screw something up.

Air Nomads are still thriving, Roku just died so Sozin is amassing his army but he hasn't invaded yet.

Gabanuka:

xaszatm:

Air Nomads are still thriving, Roku just died so Sozin is amassing his army but he hasn't invaded yet.

So does the character work?

xaszatm:
snip

So does the character work?[/quote]

Yeh it works, though Air Nomads are very opposed to killing so you may encounter a few problems there.

I to have a question: How's this working content wise? Are we keeping to the safe for kids style of the show (which was still pretty mature) or are we allowed to sit around the campfire contemplating which nation is best in bed?

Gabanuka:

xaszatm:
snip

So does the character work?

Yeh it works, though Air Nomads are very opposed to killing so you may encounter a few problems there.

I to have a question: How's this working content wise? Are we keeping to the safe for kids style of the show (which was still pretty mature) or are we allowed to sit around the campfire contemplating which nation is best in bed?[/quote]

Oh, he doesn't kill. He's a sword dancer, not an assassin. He knows how to fight with the swords, but mostly uses them to dance.

xaszatm:

Oh, he doesn't kill. He's a sword dancer, not an assassin. He knows how to fight with the swords, but mostly uses them to dance.

Then you're fine

Gabanuka:
snip

Well, it doesn't look like I need you to change anything else, I'll let everyone know my decisions soon.

Navvan:
snip

No, I didn't skip you, I just didn't feel like editing my last round of hate for only one sheet was all, so decided to wait for more. Looks fine, I'm making my final selection later today.

xaszatm:

Well, to answer your first question, the Air Nomads are still alive and strong, they've got all their temples and everything's hunky-dory. Now onto the sheet!

First would be your name, I'm not sure if you put it there as a place holder until you found one that you felt fit, or if that's his actual name. If it's the latter, I'm going to have to (forcefully) request that you change it to a real name.

Next would be that you left off the Gender/Age part of the sheet, but since you covered it in appearance there's not a demerit.

Now, Equipment. I get that you want to do the Sword Dance concept, but first would be the fact that the Jian swords you have are kinda a Fire Nation specific weapon, but I'll let that slide. In terms of canon, the world,and aesthetics would the "air swords" be more appropriate? Just an idea, not a request to change it to them. Your character, your writing.

Then you have your deer horn crescent knives...which I'm going to have to say no to unless you come up with a good explanation for having, since you either have to find a stag of sufficient length to cut them down, in which case if you then let him go, you might as well be killing him, or you're having to actually kill the (Avatarverse)deer to cut them out at the roots, both methods go against the Air Nomad's basic philosophy of no killing if at all possible.

The bio looks fine, since I always felt that the Nomad's had their temples on the mountains and then communities far below them where they drew Airbenders from outside of the Nomad-born ones, or something like that.

Now, another thing I forgot to add onto the sheet, but by the time I remembered it was too late and there were five sheets in already. You can have animal friends/pets/companions, but as an Airbender, it's a required field for your Sky Bison to at least have a name and gender. That's a skip on both my part and a bit less on yours. So yeah, pretty up the sheet a bit and you'll be moved to the considered camp.

Redryhno:
snip

Actually all Air-Nomads are benders, their race is so spiritual and small that they sort of developed that was.

Also can I get an answer on the content thing? Sorry if its nagging but it'd be nice to know.

Gabanuka:

snip

Sorry, I actually meant to address that in your part of the last post, but forgot since I actually wrote up yours and the other guy's last.

In terms of content, think of old Disney, jokes on multiple levels for all ages, both innocent and lewd, but not enough evidence to say one or the other for sure. Yes, they'll be alcohol, but not in tea houses and most restaurants(there's a reason they're called "tea houses" and not bars,pubs,sake house,etc.) and the tea houses will be much more common, so it'll only be there if you go looking for it.

Redryhno:

Gabanuka:

snip

Sorry, I actually meant to address that in your part of the last post, but forgot since I actually wrote up yours and the other guy's last.

In terms of content, think of old Disney, jokes on multiple levels for all ages, both innocent and lewd, but not enough evidence to say one or the other for sure. Yes, they'll be alcohol, but not in tea houses and most restaurants(there's a reason they're called "tea houses" and not bars,pubs,sake house,etc.) and the tea houses will be much more common, so it'll only be there if you go looking for it.

That seems fair. Are we on old Disney when it comes to violence? Given some of the things in ATLA and the end of Korra the show gets pretty violent.

Gabanuka:
snip

Well, if you think about it, old Disney was pretty damn violent, but yeah, I'm letting that be up to the individual players in their posts, but mine will be all across TLA and LoK, from that kinda innocent stage at the beginning of Aibender all the way to the slug-fest it became in parts of Korra and the somewhat dark stuff near the end of Airbender with Katara and her little vengeance-sode, it'll be all over the place with mine, but player choice so long as their stuff is concerned.

Redryhno:

Gabanuka:
snip

Well, if you think about it, old Disney was pretty damn violent, but yeah, I'm letting that be up to the individual players in their posts, but mine will be all across TLA and LoK, from that kinda innocent stage at the beginning of Aibender all the way to the slug-fest it became in parts of Korra and the somewhat dark stuff near the end of Airbender with Katara and her little vengeance-sode, it'll be all over the place with mine, but player choice so long as their stuff is concerned.

Alright. I'll make a note to throw my brother off a cliff into a heard of stampeding wilder-beasts while his young son watches.

I've finished my characters bio, left out flesh that can be used latter. But it's still there.

I originally thought that this rp would take place in the years before Aang awoke from the ice and had created a backstory that I thought was just amazing. But had to change and cut a lot of things because of the spot in time the rp is really in. Ohh well.

Seems legit.

And got my bio... well, not exactly done, per se, but certainly started! I'll likely be fleshing it out more, but it would probably be a good idea to get something posted before final selections, right?

Redryhno:

xaszatm:

Well, to answer your first question, the Air Nomads are still alive and strong, they've got all their temples and everything's hunky-dory. Now onto the sheet!

First would be your name, I'm not sure if you put it there as a place holder until you found one that you felt fit, or if that's his actual name. If it's the latter, I'm going to have to (forcefully) request that you change it to a real name.

Next would be that you left off the Gender/Age part of the sheet, but since you covered it in appearance there's not a demerit.

Now, Equipment. I get that you want to do the Sword Dance concept, but first would be the fact that the Jian swords you have are kinda a Fire Nation specific weapon, but I'll let that slide. In terms of canon, the world,and aesthetics would the "air swords" be more appropriate? Just an idea, not a request to change it to them. Your character, your writing.

Then you have your deer horn crescent knives...which I'm going to have to say no to unless you come up with a good explanation for having, since you either have to find a stag of sufficient length to cut them down, in which case if you then let him go, you might as well be killing him, or you're having to actually kill the (Avatarverse)deer to cut them out at the roots, both methods go against the Air Nomad's basic philosophy of no killing if at all possible.

The bio looks fine, since I always felt that the Nomad's had their temples on the mountains and then communities far below them where they drew Airbenders from outside of the Nomad-born ones, or something like that.

Now, another thing I forgot to add onto the sheet, but by the time I remembered it was too late and there were five sheets in already. You can have animal friends/pets/companions, but as an Airbender, it's a required field for your Sky Bison to at least have a name and gender. That's a skip on both my part and a bit less on yours. So yeah, pretty up the sheet a bit and you'll be moved to the considered camp.

The name is currently a placeholder for now. I am thinking of using my Burmese name (Zayar Aung) for that, but don't know if that would fly for a "real" Avatar name.

For the equipment, what are "air swords"? Baguazhong, the airbending martial art, is known for its extreme weapon diversity. The two weapons that come to mind when I think of swords exclusive to the style is baga jian (Which is a really large weapon, unfit for the two-sword style dances) and the deer horn knives.

Speaking of the deer horn knives, I'm fairly confident they aren't actually made out of deer horns.

So, would these weapons still be banned?

I will add the Bison to my character sheet.

Pappytech:
snip

Muffin Button:
snip

Navvan:
snip

JokerboyJordan:
snip

CJ1145:
snip

Dr. wonderful:
snip

ruedyn:
snip

VuvuZelaMan:
snip

TheIronRuler:
snip

Shadowstar38:
snip

CrazyGirl17:
snip

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...here's the final cut, I expect to have the OP up within the next few hours, so keep an eye out for Book One: Earth on the forums. And I intend to make a Skype group, so PM me your Skype name, and if you don't, I'd encourage you to get it for general shenanigans that will infuse the rp, as well as just easier communication if you want to screw with each other. If you don't have it, then it's not going to be a requirement, but it is an added thing, and you don't have to do it if you really don't want to.

Everyone else, I appreciate your interest, but these are the final cut to start. If you want to have an Avatar rp, then I encourage you guys to form your own coalition to take this one down by making a better one yourselves.

Redryhno:
snip

Well damn. Could you tell me what was lacking in my character, for future reference and all that.

Okay, good to know... now I just need to get Skype...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked