I'm currently working on drawing up an RP, a re-boot of one I tried to do years ago. It's been so long since it got file-erased, and what with the forum being packed full with users who are new since then, I figure I'll give it another try (forum games and RP was all one section back then, and not nearly as trafficked as it is now.)
This thread is the announcements of auditions I'm holding for the bad guy in this game. I want anybody interested in the part to post on here with links to any credentials one might have (i.e., links to any forum RPs you've been a part of in the past, as I'm looking for experience here.)
My requisites are simple, but strict. Any person wishing to act the part of head villain must have played in, and provide links to, at least three (3) other forum RPs in the past. Must also have the "Regular" forum badge OR have achieved at least the rank of Gone Gonzo, but, with everybody going absolutely post-crazy since this site's newly re-invigorated popularity, I doubt that will be a problem.
At any rate, if anyone wants the part, post your credential linkys on this thread, I will read up on your RP experience, and message you.
You want to run the RP together with another user who will act as the main villain in the story? You are also having auditions for a role already written out so that the person will write the villain for you in your RP that you run as you write the other aspects of the world.
This seems nice and all that jazz, but there is little information to go on. You are also advised to hear of a user's reputation before accepting them, as some I know tend to be hard to manage. I encountered some of these during my travels, but I'm feeling uncomfortable talking about them here in the open. Don't trust me? Ask some of the people leading the charts with their grand RPs (Sadly I'm not one of them) and ask them for a short list of people they do not recommend working with, for your own safety. Some may appear to be all nice and dandy, but looks can deceive. I can send you me credentials via a PM, unless you insist on me posting it here.
I type good and know enough not to grab my enemies' heads and smoosh them into the ground with unstoppable necro-lectric plasma energy, instagibbing them in round one.
This is not a legitimate audition, I just wanted to post in the RP forum. Sorry.
... I don't see the appeal, myself.
Now, I transform into a werewolf! And this isn't even my final form!
Well, color me interested. I must say, I would like a little more information on the matter so I know a little more about exactly what I'm asking people to color me over.
I'm a strong believer in quality over quantity. I've run the Evangelion game here, which has a page on 1d4chan and that the players regularly tell me is one of the best games they have ever seen.
Fucking hell, I was only there for the last 20% of it and I still hold it up as one of my favorite RP's I've ever been in. Seriously, there needs to be a sequel.
That said, roleplaying should be a collaborative process, so I'm apprehensive about someone putting all manner of prerequisites for others to apply.
Well, I tend to run villains in all the RPs I play, so this seems to fit well. Before I go ahead and gather all of the RPs I have been in, I have to ask what the role would be and what exactly I would be doing. I think it would be more than fair to ask that much.
I'm gonna give this a shotski, 'cause I'm a pro at villainy.
You know me from the meta-bar, of ccourse, and I'm actually in CJ's Titans Together RP as well, but I've not used the Escapist for roleplay nearly as much as other places, so here's my credentials in proper. These are links to my accounts, which you can look into basically all of my posts/topics to find that I'm pretty damn good.
Anime High School: Lord Massacre's Account - I've been a member here since 2004 when this place was originally on Ezboard. Originally, I was asked by the owner (Ryu) to come aboard because I had some experience and he needed such people around. By that time, I had been running another (now closed) forum known as the Dark Dominion, a place of evil. Fun stuff.
Persona Heaven: Nyarlathotep's Account - The main admin of this place has gone through several Persona-related boards and I was on this one and it's predecessor. On the previous one, the first character I used ended up probably the strongest on the board. Another were the only ones (thus far) to earn the use of Eldritch Abominations as Personas.
.hack//DIVERGENCE: Lord Canti's Account - Though the main-plot board's activity has been slow, being meant for just a small gaggle of players in a serious in-a-coma plot, I've done alot of good stuff here. Nighthand, the main admin and GM, referred to me as 'most dedicated player'.
Aside from that, I want to point out that I specialize in villainy in my writing. I've done ancient evil, over-the-top evil, corporate evil, monstrous evil, Dr. Evil (mad science), insane evil, well-intentioned extremists, evil incarnate, driven to evil/insanity (delusional evil), and even stupid evil (with my portrayal of Great Gazuga, Lord of the Cleansing).
Well I am going to start of with my bad points, then move on to my good points:
1. I am dyslexic meaning my spelling and grammar are far from perfect, but I try my best.
2. I am not that descriptive, this means my post are often relatively short.
1. I try to avoid clichés like the plague, you won't catch me with a elemental control character. I have used powers ranging from being an octopus to conjuring miniature wings undo objects to being able to fuse and defuse with a animal to become varying degrees of a hybrid.
2. I have only ever left 2 RPs before they died, 1 because I felt I did a lack luster job at creating a character and the other because my post were being ignored by the Co-GM.
3. I have bucket loads of free time because I work hard when work is supposed to be done.
4. I have studied why RPs have died from multi-pal perspectives so I know what to look out for , what to do and what not to do.
5. I am very flexible in how participants solve the problems I but them up against, as I merely create the set-up for a problem and not create it with a specific solution in mind.
6. Once a good idea for a character starts brewing in my head I normally spent the next 30-60min expanding on that concept.
As for number of RPs, I am in three currently(though I think one may have died) and am GMing one of those three. I have also taken part in a large number of RPs both good and bad, pretty regularly for at the very least a year.
1) You want to run the RP together with another user who will act as the main villain in the story?
2) You are also having auditions for a role already written out so that the person will write the villain for you in your RP that you run as you write the other aspects of the world.
3) This seems nice and all that jazz, but there is little information to go on.
4) You are also advised to hear of a user's reputation before accepting them, as some I know tend to be hard to manage. I encountered some of these during my travels, but I'm feeling uncomfortable talking about them here in the open. Don't trust me?
5) Ask some of the people leading the charts with their grand RPs (Sadly I'm not one of them) and ask them for a short list of people they do not recommend working with, for your own safety. Some may appear to be all nice and dandy, but looks can deceive. I can send you me credentials via a PM, unless you insist on me posting it here.
1) Yes, it's an old practice, one that can have good results if the two people work well together and the villain consistently recognizes and respects the authority of the GM.
2) Not quite. It is my practice to allow those players who drive the story and help manage to write out not only their own character, but their role as well, to drive events in whatever way they see fit. In this way, the overall story develops more fluidly and naturally. It's very interesting when the bad guy has free reign over the bad stuff. For my part, I will play a role as well, leading the players on the campaign, and generally oversee the consistent obedience of the rules.
3) I am deliberately withholding information, for a couple reasons. I like, as much as possible, for the events of the story to be a surprise for everyone involved. Also, many details are, at this point, up in the air. No point divulging information and shaping expectations if the information might change in the future. The auditions for lead baddy are only a small part of the process, and it'll be a while yet till this thing actually starts.
4) I know. I've learned THAT the hard way....
5) That's... a really good idea, thank you.
I've got two possibilities in mind right now, the two of you will be hearing from me privately either later on tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
When I have a couple more possibilities, I will close the head bad guy portion of auditions and open auditions for the party that will move through the campaign with me.
I should, keep that word in mind, SHOULD have my mind made up on head bad guy within about a week. At that point, the winner will hear from me privately with further instructions. No, I have no idea how long it will take me to decide on the campaigners. That all depends on turnout.
(Off-topic, Captcha: Commercial-Free TV, an ad for dish network. God damn ads in captchas! Why is this site such a media whore now?!?!?!?!)
While I do not meet your three rp requirement, I have participated in and run two rps.
star Brigade (which is in the process of taking on new members)
Star wars: total war (continuation of star wars: cold war)
I would link to them but I'm awkward typing on an iPad. Besides you can find them easily.
A skill that I think would be useful is my capacity for controlling multiple characters simultaneously. Both star brigade and total war dealt with multiple npc characters, which I often ended up controlling for the sake of driving the plot forward when members were stumped or needing prompting.