43.6% (17)
No
17.9% (7)
17.9% (7)
Only a few(explain)
35.9% (14)
35.9% (14)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Feudal America - A super-power RP set in modern USA (Interest thread)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

In cooperation with Pyroguy86.

Welcome to America - a land where a new feudal system had developed in recent months. This is a story set in a world that had survived what some now call "The Collapse". That event happened almost six months ago, when simultaneously around the world a few people were bestowed with superhuman abilities. Some were able to fly; others could read minds and a few lifted cars without any trouble. As time went on, more and more people exposed themselves and their powers to the world, and the internet became a hub of information concerning these new humans.

Shortly after that, people with these special abilities began to abuse them for their own good. Ordinary citizens feared for their lives and property as supers did what they wanted. Ordinary police fought against these criminals but failed against them most of the time. Super human policemen fought against the rogue supers as if they were taken straight from a comic book, with costumes and names included. The government called in the military to keep the peace and protect people from the super-humans - but also to protect them from themselves, as normal humans rioted in the streets.

Slowly but surely, the hole the government, military and police had left was filled by bands of super-humans who offered to protect cities, towns and districts in exchange for certain rights. It was the beginning of America's first Feudal era, where local war-bands of these special people protected others from similar bandits. Some were fair while others exploited the weak. Some were democratic or autocratic, going as far as establishing various monarchies around the mainland.

Life became harder and terrible accounts of massacres in different cities were always in the air. As time went on, a hierarchy was established with the bands of "heroes" taking charge or territory and resources, trading it with each other and even threatening others for some.The weak became vassals to the strong or were destroyed, and small domains were established. The government, holding as hard as it could to power is now comprised of several military units occupying cities and military bases around the country, relying somewhat on their special squad of super-human soldiers and police officers.

You are a mere citizen living in a small city of approximately one and a half million citizens on the east coast of the USA in FL. You were under the control of a group of super-humans for almost five months, living according to their demands and trying to feed yourself and your family. Some jobs became obsolete as the world was plunged into ruin, so you were reassigned to a different one. Other jobs became even more important from before, and that benefitted some people greatly. A few days ago you started feeling strange and saw something new in you - You also had a power. This new wave of super-humans, though you are not aware of now, will shake the very foundation of the USA's new society as it plunges again into what was called "The Collapse". Will you come out of this dark era victorious? Will you become a King in his own right, ruling over a kingdom spanning from The Atlantic to the Pacific? It's all up to you.

We will be following these rules:

There is also the character sheet skeleton:

I want to ask the community something -
Should we ban certain powers from the RP? I've debated about this topic with others and we have yet to decide what to do. Your input can help!

I wouldn't say bans are necessarily, any power can be balanced with enough effort and I don't think stifling creativity is a good idea. If a power really is over powered then just block the sheet it's accomplishes the same thing.
Also expect a sheet soon.

Writing a sheet now. Though if you think my power is overpower just say so. Though I believe to have a way to keep it in check if it is overpower.

Personally, I think the only powers that should be banned are any form of mind control(because it takes power away from players) and any form of time traveling(because it messes with the continuity of the posts). Other than that, most powers are simply a matter of balancing.

Here is my Sheet. If you need anything change let me know or of if you don't like my character (Or my not that great spelling/grammar) that's fine to!

I have to ask if my char can be a descendant of one from a similar RP called Cannon Fodder.

drmigit2:
I have to ask if my char can be a descendant of one from a similar RP called Cannon Fodder.

oh, this, oh so much this would love to see a less hindered version of her

drmigit2:

The character can be similar in nature. What was the other RP? Bear in mind that super powered people only appeared in the world six months ago.

Arcanist:
Personally, I think the only powers that should be banned are any form of mind control(because it takes power away from players) and any form of time traveling(because it messes with the continuity of the posts). Other than that, most powers are simply a matter of balancing.

@Arcanist:
Alright the sheet looks good except for one problem both Iron and myself both have. How will your character be able to successfully use his power during combat? From what your weakness describes, there doesn't seem to be anyway for your character to be able to function as a super during a combat situation. Other than that though, the sheet looks really well-made and it's thoughtful.

Outcast107:
Here is my Sheet. If you need anything change let me know or of if you don't like my character (Or my not that great spelling/grammar) that's fine to!

@Outcast107:
Alright me and Iron both have a few problems with your sheet. First and foremost is the grammar. We noticed quite a few grammar mistakes in here, and to be put bluntly the grammar is awful. Another thing we've got an issue with is your power. How can that power be balanced out? Your character could simply call down a lightning bolt and strike someone down before they had a chance to react, or he could simply call up a tsunami or a tornado. Please find a different power and edit the grammar.

pyroguy86:

@Arcanist:
Alright the sheet looks good except for one problem both Iron and myself both have. How will your character be able to successfully use his power during combat? From what your weakness describes, there doesn't seem to be anyway for your character to be able to function as a super during a combat situation. Other than that though, the sheet looks really well-made and it's thoughtful.

Well, when I say that his powers are disrupted by noises and lights and so on, I mean things that would REALLY fuck a person up would cause a lapse in his powers, i.e. sound loud enough to blow out his eardrums, lights bright enough to blind, ect. It's more a logical extension of how his powers work - he needs to concentrate to use them, so serious lapses in this concentration will disrupt them.

If your concern is that his powers just aren't strong enough, don't worry - by the time he's introduced in the RP, he'll have the capacity to do more useful things(like lift cars).

Arcanist:

pyroguy86:

@Arcanist:

Well, when I say that his powers are disrupted by noises and lights and so on, I mean things that would REALLY fuck a person up would cause a lapse in his powers, i.e. sound loud enough to blow out his eardrums, lights bright enough to blind, ect. It's more a logical extension of how his powers work - he needs to concentrate to use them, so serious lapses in this concentration will disrupt them.

If your concern is that his powers just aren't strong enough, don't worry - by the time he's introduced in the RP, he'll have the capacity to do more useful things(like lift cars).

Eh then nevermind then. I do not have enough time to correct my grammar with my work hours. I know My grammar sucks heh, but hey at least I try. Anyways peace and hope the rp goes well.

TheIronRuler:

drmigit2:

The character can be similar in nature. What was the other RP? Bear in mind that super powered people only appeared in the world six months ago.

The RP was set in an alternate earth, with multiple races and whatnot. The way I would implement it would be that at some point, life on earth died off and then restarted and lead to the new humanity (our humanity). This allows for both worlds to work together essentially.

As for the powers deal, I can pretty easily work with it.

I don't plan to actually partake in the thread, I just recently realized my love of creating characters. I'll just make him, and someone can come along and change him if they feel like it.

Someone else can make the bio, can't be arsed.

Arcanist:

pyroguy86:

@Arcanist:

It's hard to gauge the level of noise etc. around in accordance to his power level. What is strong enough to upset him and his powers? It's hard to realize. Also, in a middle of a battle you work on instinct and you have little time to concentrate to use your powers. You can be a support character and stay away from the fight. I'll keep the sheet under consideration. I need to have another chat with my GM friend.

drmigit2:

TheIronRuler:

drmigit2:

The RP was set in an alternate earth, with multiple races and whatnot. The way I would implement it would be that at some point, life on earth died off and then restarted and lead to the new humanity (our humanity). This allows for both worlds to work together essentially.

Why do you want the ancestorial connection? Can you do the char without it?

ruedyn:
I don't plan to actually partake in the thread, I just recently realized my love of creating characters. I'll just make him, and someone can come along and change him if they feel like it.

I have to admit that this had been one of the most arrogant things I had seen on this sub-forum.

TheIronRuler:

It's hard to gauge the level of noise etc. around in accordance to his power level. What is strong enough to upset him and his powers? It's hard to realize. Also, in a middle of a battle you work on instinct and you have little time to concentrate to use your powers. You can be a support character and stay away from the fight. I'll keep the sheet under consideration. I need to have another chat with my GM friend.

I think you're interpreting it a little too narrowly. His weakness is more to point out that if somebody with the appropriate powers made a concerted effort to break his concentration, they could. It's not like every errant noise or bright light would disrupt them, and even if they did, he could just recenter himself and try again.

And when I say he needs to concentrate, I don't mean he needs to make a single-minded effort to control them. It's more like he's aiming a gun - he's devoting most of his attention to the task, but he's still quite aware of his surroundings and can act accordingly.

TheIronRuler:
I have to admit that this had been one of the most arrogant things I had seen on this sub-forum.

...Sorry? I'm just in an RP already, and trying to join another. I had the idea for the character, but I don't have any time for this one. Thought I'd give him away is all :(

ruedyn:

TheIronRuler:

...Sorry? I'm just in an RP already, and trying to join another. I had the idea for the character, but I don't have any time for this one. Thought I'd give him away is all :(

You're giving it away, assuming that us poor sods can't make our own character. First of all, power makes no sense. What you described is making particles move faster or slower, something that can be utilized in making a fire, an explosion... It's not just that, it's Controlling ATOMS.

TheIronRuler:

Arcanist:

pyroguy86:

@Arcanist:

drmigit2:

TheIronRuler:

Why do you want the ancestorial connection? Can you do the char without it?

ruedyn:

I mean I totally could, it is just that it would make me happier if I could have him find the guy's old clothes and take the mantle. I have to ask which time period this is in though.

drmigit2:

I mean I totally could, it is just that it would make me happier if I could have him find the guy's old clothes and take the mantle. I have to ask which time period this is in though.

Well... Lets just say that somewhre, in a different earth, there was this superhero called insect man. In today's universe, Peter Parker became Spider-man with similar powers.
This is modern day, lad. 2012. He can decide to have the same name and costume, I don't see much of a reason or viable connection here. You're welcomed to make the same character, but it's up to you.

Ok, here's my attempt. I'm not sure how the power level of this character stacks up to what you're expecting, but it should be able to be scaled up or down to fit in with what you're going for.

Powers you generally don't want in an RP would be anything omni-related. Anything that let's a player control another player and anything that involves mind reading, unless it doesn't work on other heroes. Anything that can instantly kill someone is bad too. Such as boiling blood or something. Powers should have limitations, but hell, that's all just opinions.

Might have to give this a try. Been looking for a Superpower RP, sadly, the last one I saw the GM seemed a bit of a prick, so it wasn't very appealing.

Also, Question. Are physiology superpowers fine?

EDIT: Made the needed changes.

EDIT 2: Fine tuning details I missed.

What do you think?
Any opinions welcome.

Arcanist:

TheIronRuler:

I think you're interpreting it a little too narrowly. His weakness is more to point out that if somebody with the appropriate powers made a concerted effort to break his concentration, they could. It's not like every errant noise or bright light would disrupt them, and even if they did, he could just recenter himself and try again.

And when I say he needs to concentrate, I don't mean he needs to make a single-minded effort to control them. It's more like he's aiming a gun - he's devoting most of his attention to the task, but he's still quite aware of his surroundings and can act accordingly.

Your weakness is hard to guage and isn't effective. What would have happened if you had gone deaf? What would then break your concentration, if loud noises and explosions won't do the trick? You ought to find a different special weakness or a different powerset altogether.

Lunncal:
Ok, here's my attempt. I'm not sure how the power level of this character stacks up to what you're expecting, but it should be able to be scaled up or down to fit in with what you're going for.

That's... a super-man super-power. No, seriously. If we for a moment take away the problems with that (Young arms turning into bloody stumps, for example) we can see that the power can work... but, your weakness makes it too easy for me to have a car fly your way and you clapping not as hard as you need, which would result in you being squashed. Additionally, the eardrums on the people around you (and probably you) would burst. Now... if we take this away from the power we still have the issue of the power being way too unreliable and without a proper way to guage how it will work in different circumstances. Try and re-think your special weakness, or go back to the drawing board. Your character is good, really. I do want people to play some older characters, but I guess this age is fine (though I don't see plenty of females working in a business company).

Your professional background is kind of vague, I would recommend you thinking over having her already attached in a romantic connection (I don't expect everyone to hook up in the RP. Do you?). Living in a city like this for 6 months is insane. Crime is rampant and the local heroes could only help when they actually witness the crime, and sometimes they just don't give a shit (Or do the crime themselves).

You can give arguments for your side, I'm all ears. Return with some questions or a revised sheet.

Ganath:
Powers you generally don't want in an RP would be anything omni-related. Anything that let's a player control another player and anything that involves mind reading, unless it doesn't work on other heroes. Anything that can instantly kill someone is bad too. Such as boiling blood or something. Powers should have limitations, but hell, that's all just opinions.

Might have to give this a try. Been looking for a Superpower RP, sadly, the last one I saw the GM seemed a bit of a prick, so it wasn't very appealing.

Also, Question. Are physiology superpowers fine?

I agree with you. I do think that such a power can work, you can first send me the description and its weaknesses.

Shadowstar38:

Oh god a young genius. Oh well, that's not as uncommon in the comics as I wanted it to be. Hell, look at Spier-Man.
...Anyway, back to you:
I would love it if you had upped the age a bit. He can still be a young genius, but maybe he's already a 29 year old manchild that is so confident in his skills at his work that nobody besides his family can stand him? Oh well, it's just a spin.

Back to reality - His powers are kind of vague but if you put them in the restrictions you describe it can work somehow. The different color to his eyes is... kinda giving me the chills, but it's a personal preference. A power shield and throwing power orbs of destruction is fine, though I won't take the power sword. Why? You don't know how to wield it. I don't want you accidentally cutting up one of your teammates.

What I find hard to work with is when you lose your devices. What happens to the raw energy? Would it harm you? How intense would it be? Will there be friendly fire as a result?

The rest? I don't like it that he has hand-to-hand experience, due to two reasons:
1. It seems forced, only so that he wouldn't be a whimp when fighting against another super in close quarters.
2. The justification seems also forced. There's no indication in the personality section that he would help other, weaker kids against bullies. Plus, he would have been tiny in comparison to the school-yard bullies if he was a young genius. His weakness also doesn't suit it.

avouleance2nd:

What do you think?
Any opinions welcome.

Avo - she needs to live in the city or be in the city during the beginning. Alright?
Good.

Decide between detective poweress an veterinary knowledge, and for fuck's sakes please give a good reason why she's good at either field. Comics don't make you a detective, Batman can tell you that.

Power seems fine, but it has the same problem as wolverine's. WHEN exactly do you die, if at all?
You extend your power further and make it so that you can absorb other people's injuries. Now... If you come into contact with a villain, and he's already injured (and so are you), where does the pain and physical injury go? Your way, or his way? you can be a walking healing station, but it does seem a tad OP.

I don't like her having experience fighting with farm equipment. Using it, fine, but killing people with it? meh.

No to having the injury fly in the air, No to resurrecting the dead and No to seeing auras.

I got the jokes in your Sheet and I liked most of them, but this supposed to be a somewhat dry application so we will know exactly what we are dealing with. Clean it up, edit it, and send it back our way.

Redryhno:

Hey Red, Wazzup?

Umm... Could you try and be a tad more specific about what exactly you can control, and why the hell such a power would be mighty useful against a guy who can rip an asphant road open with his bare hands?

TheIronRuler:

Oh god a young genius. Oh well, that's not as uncommon in the comics as I wanted it to be. Hell, look at Spier-Man.
...Anyway, back to you:
I would love it if you had upped the age a bit. He can still be a young genius, but maybe he's already a 29 year old manchild that is so confident in his skills at his work that nobody besides his family can stand him? Oh well, it's just a spin.

Back to reality - His powers are kind of vague but if you put them in the restrictions you describe it can work somehow. The different color to his eyes is... kinda giving me the chills, but it's a personal preference. A power shield and throwing power orbs of destruction is fine, though I won't take the power sword. Why? You don't know how to wield it. I don't want you accidentally cutting up one of your teammates.

What I find hard to work with is when you lose your devices. What happens to the raw energy? Would it harm you? How intense would it be? Will there be friendly fire as a result?

The rest? I don't like it that he has hand-to-hand experience, due to two reasons:
1. It seems forced, only so that he wouldn't be a whimp when fighting against another super in close quarters.
2. The justification seems also forced. There's no indication in the personality section that he would help other, weaker kids against bullies. Plus, he would have been tiny in comparison to the school-yard bullies if he was a young genius. His weakness also doesn't suit it.

I went through and edited what you pointed out in the original post. Also, I should of clearified this, but by blade I meant the size of a kitchen knife. But for simplicity's sake I threw that out.

TheIronRuler:

Hey Red, Wazzup?

Umm... Could you try and be a tad more specific about what exactly you can control, and why the hell such a power would be mighty useful against a guy who can rip an asphant road open with his bare hands?

That's because it's not, he's more of a bank robber,getaway driver, mastermind, watch from the sidelines while you sleep kind of guy and then rip you apart when you least expect it. as for what he can control, it has to have at least mechanical parts, so no rooting through computer files,since they don't have anything physical on them really(besides the hardrive and the fan, nothing else really has moving parts in that thing), but cameras, cars, blenders,guns(maybe, not sure if that's OP or not) and lamps are fair game since they have both.

TheIronRuler:
That's... a super-man super-power. No, seriously. If we for a moment take away the problems with that (Young arms turning into bloody stumps, for example) we can see that the power can work... but, your weakness makes it too easy for me to have a car fly your way and you clapping not as hard as you need, which would result in you being squashed. Additionally, the eardrums on the people around you (and probably you) would burst. Now... if we take this away from the power we still have the issue of the power being way too unreliable and without a proper way to guage how it will work in different circumstances. Try and re-think your special weakness, or go back to the drawing board. Your character is good, really. I do want people to play some older characters, but I guess this age is fine (though I don't see plenty of females working in a business company).

Your professional background is kind of vague, I would recommend you thinking over having her already attached in a romantic connection (I don't expect everyone to hook up in the RP. Do you?). Living in a city like this for 6 months is insane. Crime is rampant and the local heroes could only help when they actually witness the crime, and sometimes they just don't give a shit (Or do the crime themselves).

You can give arguments for your side, I'm all ears. Return with some questions or a revised sheet.

I've completely changed the power into something else that will hopefully be more acceptable. While I might have been able to change the shockwave thing into a more controlled version of what it was, I think I most likely would have simply ended up with a weaker, less versatile version of Shadowstar's character's power.

As for the relationship thing, I can add one if you really think it's necessary, but honestly I wasn't intending for Sarah to hook up with anyone in the RP anyway. I just thought it made more sense for her character this way, as finding a partner would not be very high up on her list of priorities either when she was surviving after the collapse or now that she's got super powers.

So here's my revised entry. Feel free to tear it apart as you wish.

TheIronRuler:

Valid points

I'll be re-working the sheet sometime tomorrow but I've got a few replies to specific points her before I do. However there's a thing or two I think are too important to the character to remove but I'd be willing to talk re-working but I'd like to avoid outright removal of features.

1-City works fine she's roaming after all and she'd probably head towards a city to find out what's what.

2-Can do
I'll go the detective rout. As for reasons how about if we just go the practice route, it was something she read about so it became her major hobby, and she's been doing it over a decade.

3-She could do with a more defined regeneration weakness
How about these, she can't heal for fire at least not any better than a normal human. Also she can't heal from injuries that are still affecting her so to speak, so for example you'd need to remove a bullet before she could heal from it. Finally as for actually killing her I think it's a matter of speed, anything that would be an instant kill so decapitation, explosions also drowning and suffocation if she's not removed from the water. Then there starvation dehydration or suffocation since they're a lack of energy more than anything. Extreme cold and heat would also screw her over. Finally she can't heal while still being hurt in the same way nor could she heal while being attacked.

4-Well since her power is by choice, in that situation she could just chose only chose to send her injuries to him. I should probably have been specific about her exact re-generation rate. She's not going to be getting shot or hacked up and then be back in the fight for then end. The injuries she's holding will last for at least a good day or so she is still making a sacrifice by healing someone. Also even if she's only holding the injury for a few minutes she'll still take the full effect, this combined with her range limitations could be seriously debilitating meaning she need to be conscious of position.

5-Your totally right about the weapons the way she is she just doesn't need anything, she'd be fine unarmed. They'll be removed.

6- The auras fine, those aren't necessary. Does that also include the bio-sense on touch?
But the raising the dead thing I'll make a stand on, for a few reasons one she isn't raising them for ever and isn't even technically healing him, all she's doing really is sharing her life for a time. Which actually gives me an idea of a different way it would work.
While she's remains in contact with the dead person she losses all of her regeneration powers as they're all being burnt up sustaining the dead person. This essentially makes her much more vulnerable to attacks while doing this. Also as soon as she loses contact the opportunity is lost, the other person crumbles to dust.

7-If the jokes ever cause problems or make things not clear I'll be happy to explain more would you mind giving specific examples?

See new post for sheet.

Shadowstar38:

EDIT: Made the needed changes.

Much better, though the small knife bit can still be in the sheet if you want to (I was just getting these strong emotions when I imagined a guy with an energy sword and energy shield around him. Very Halo-usque emotions. Very bad ones.), a knife doesn't seem overpowered.
Why is he still an intern with +5 years under his belt? Also, he can still be a kid genius and finish with his studies at age 16 (I didn't understadn why he didn't continue on to a masters or doctorate degree).

What did his grandparents, sister and he do in the six months betwen the collapse and now?

Hmm, interested. Do you mind if I import my character from another thread? Altered of course, to fit the different setting.

Lunncal:

TheIronRuler:

I've completely changed the power into something else that will hopefully be more acceptable. While I might have been able to change the shockwave thing into a more controlled version of what it was, I think I most likely would have simply ended up with a weaker, less versatile version of Shadowstar's character's power.

As for the relationship thing, I can add one if you really think it's necessary, but honestly I wasn't intending for Sarah to hook up with anyone in the RP anyway. I just thought it made more sense for her character this way, as finding a partner would not be very high up on her list of priorities either when she was surviving after the collapse or now that she's got super powers.

So here's my revised entry. Feel free to tear it apart as you wish.

Love the power as it can be highly versitile. She can harden her skin and body, but does that effect her body mass (Does she get heavier?). If she can survive knives and bullet wounds, then what would kill her? You said that the environment can still harm her For example, if she is squashed by a falling building, she can't lift herself up from the rubble but she can stay underneath practically unharmed - but then, she would suffocate or die out of thirst/hunger. I get the power and I like it. There's no need for a relationship, it's fine, I was just rambling out loud.

avouleance2nd:

TheIronRuler:

Valid points

I'll be re-working the sheet sometime tomorrow but I've got a few replies to specific points her before I do. However there's a thing or two I think are too important to the character to remove but I'd be willing to talk re-working but I'd like to avoid outright removal of features.

1-City works fine she's roaming after all and she'd probably head towards a city to find out what's what.

2-Can do
I'll go the detective rout. As for reasons how about if we just go the practice route, it was something she read about so it became her major hobby, and she's been doing it over a decade.

3-She could do with a more defined regeneration weakness
How about these, she can't heal for fire at least not any better than a normal human. Also she can't heal from injuries that are still affecting her so to speak, so for example you'd need to remove a bullet before she could heal from it. Finally as for actually killing her I think it's a matter of speed, anything that would be an instant kill so decapitation, explosions also drowning and suffocation if she's not removed from the water. Then there starvation dehydration or suffocation since they're a lack of energy more than anything. Extreme cold and heat would also screw her over. Finally she can't heal while still being hurt in the same way nor could she heal while being attacked.

4-Well since her power is by choice, in that situation she could just chose only chose to send her injuries to him. I should probably have been specific about her exact re-generation rate. She's not going to be getting shot or hacked up and then be back in the fight for then end. The injuries she's holding will last for at least a good day or so she is still making a sacrifice by healing someone. Also even if she's only holding the injury for a few minutes she'll still take the full effect, this combined with her range limitations could be seriously debilitating meaning she need to be conscious of position.

5-Your totally right about the weapons the way she is she just doesn't need anything, she'd be fine unarmed. They'll be removed.

6- The auras fine, those aren't necessary. Does that also include the bio-sense on touch?
But the raising the dead thing I'll make a stand on, for a few reasons one she isn't raising them for ever and isn't even technically healing him, all she's doing really is sharing her life for a time. Which actually gives me an idea of a different way it would work.
While she's remains in contact with the dead person she losses all of her regeneration powers as they're all being burnt up sustaining the dead person. This essentially makes her much more vulnerable to attacks while doing this. Also as soon as she loses contact the opportunity is lost, the other person crumbles to dust.

7-If the jokes ever cause problems or make things not clear I'll be happy to explain more would you mind giving specific examples?

1. But please describe how, why, where and how long in the your sheet.
2. Fine with me.
3. Specific weaknesses like fire make little sense or difference, I do understand your special weakness better now. What you tried to do is to compromise but still keep your wolverine awesome regeneration. I will accept that you can't regenerate a wound if the inflicting object is still lodged in your body. Also, pain will shock you - perhaps if an injury is too painful you will loose control, faint, etc.? The rest I accept.
4. Thing is - She can get injured, grab an advesary, and kill him while still healing herself. Fuck, you can grab a poor bystander and kill him in order to save yourself or your teammate. This is troublesome, but also awesome. You control who yu give your injuries to, so there won't be any problems like with 'rogue' from Xmen, right?
5. Yay.
6.Auras are pretty unnecessary. What will you do with them?
Raising the dead... Now, if you're going the detective route I can allow it, but otherwise... What are you planning on doing with dead people? Lets just say that you can resurrect a person for a limited time (A minute?) while touching him/her, and you have to let go or else you will die yourself after the time is up.
7- Nah, it's fine, I was too harsh on you. You can keep them.

PlastikBulb:
Hmm, interested. Do you mind if I import my character from another thread? Altered of course, to fit the different setting.

I won't discriminate... much. Yeah, it's fine.

Floris2123:

His attacks will be slow an uneffective. If he can control the disease, then there is no risk of splash damage and friendly fire. This somewhat reminds me of an anime character who controls insects (Not good!), but they were... more immediate. If you power works by touch then you will be obliterated in serious combat. Furthermore, being a doctor doesn't give you the ability to "heal" people on the middle of a fight or in an open, dirty and dangerous environment during combat.

You ought to think of a new power, but the character is somewhat ok (His lack of human contact is disturbing, to say the least.). He's also pretty young for a proper doctor. What happened to marriage? Family? Concubines?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked