43.6% (17)
No
17.9% (7)
17.9% (7)
Only a few(explain)
35.9% (14)
35.9% (14)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Feudal America - A super-power RP set in modern USA (Interest thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

TheIronRuler:

Much better, though the small knife bit can still be in the sheet if you want to (I was just getting these strong emotions when I imagined a guy with an energy sword and energy shield around him. Very Halo-usque emotions. Very bad ones.), a knife doesn't seem overpowered.
Why is he still an intern with +5 years under his belt? Also, he can still be a kid genius and finish with his studies at age 16 (I didn't understadn why he didn't continue on to a masters or doctorate degree).

What did his grandparents, sister and he do in the six months betwen the collapse and now?

Dont know how I missed that. Fixed it and the "what they did do info" is in the second to last paragraph.

Shadowstar38:

EDIT: Made the needed changes.

EDIT 2: Fine tuning details I missed.

Shadowstar38:

TheIronRuler:

Much better, though the small knife bit can still be in the sheet if you want to (I was just getting these strong emotions when I imagined a guy with an energy sword and energy shield around him. Very Halo-usque emotions. Very bad ones.), a knife doesn't seem overpowered.
Why is he still an intern with +5 years under his belt? Also, he can still be a kid genius and finish with his studies at age 16 (I didn't understadn why he didn't continue on to a masters or doctorate degree).

What did his grandparents, sister and he do in the six months betwen the collapse and now?

Dont know how I missed that. Fixed it and the "what they did do info" is in the second to last paragraph.

Shadowstar38:

EDIT: Made the needed changes.

EDIT 2: Fine tuning details I missed.

Great. You're on the table when we make our super-hero dream team, so you'll hear from us when you're accepted. If you are unfortunately not included in the RP, we will also inform you. Remember - if you've made a great character but weren't accepted, it was because a lot of others made even greater ones, it doesn't make your character any less awesome.

Well, I think I'll give it a go.

Feel free to tell me if I there's anything with the power that might need correcting.

There we go. Might as well put this up. I've had the concept around for quite long. If you feel something irks you or I missed something, do tell me. It's a long sheet, I wouldn't blame myself if I overlooked something. I'm putting this up for now, but I need to reserve the right to withdraw my application. Work might turn a little extra hard after next week and if it does, I might not have time to indulge in another RP. I hope that's understandable. I'm not saying it's likely, but it might happen.

As for feedback, It's always welcome. Though I'm pretty happy with my sheet.

EDIT: To be clear, I meant withdraw it before you start, not in the middle of RP. If I get in, I'll stay committed, no worries.

All right, here's my sheet. It's just the modified version of the one I gave to lambi.

Huh. This looks pretty interesting. Would you mind another person joining if you haven't started yet?

TheNaut131:

Feel free to tell me if I there's anything with the power that might need correcting.

@ PlastikBulb: Okay, so your characters power is basically that he doesn't feel pain and will eventually lose his mind and become a tree-man? Well it's original I'll give you that, but now a few questions: Your character is still human right? If he were to have a hand chopped off, or a bullet placed between the eyes he would die right?

TheNaut131:

@ TheNaut131: Alright, the bio and everything looks good, the only problem I see with this sheet is the power. It says at the end that he is trying to learn how to bend light and that wouldn't be possible with someone who can manipulate gravity. One power per character unfortunately. Also, we might have to make a bigger more obvious weakness for your character, since control of gravity can be pretty OP. I'll have to talk to Iron about it, but your sheet seems good to me with a few tweaks here and there.

Floris2123:

@ Floris2123: The sheet looks good, and I liked the bio, it was interesting. Some questions for you now, your character has the ability to heal wounds, but what kind of wounds? Large wounds, small wounds, scrapes and cuts, or bullet holes? Also, as for the ability to change your characters bone structure, I don't know about that. I'd need you to explain to me how he was able to use his healing power for that in the first place, and how he would still be standing after having his bones and muscles moved around. As for being able to manipulate other people's bones and such that's a definite no. That's too OP and would take the fun out of the rp for other players.

TO BE CONTINUED...

POST 44 CONTINUED:

Ganath:

There we go. Might as well put this up. I've had the concept around for quite long. If you feel something irks you or I missed something, do tell me. It's a long sheet, I wouldn't blame myself if I overlooked something. I'm putting this up for now, but I need to reserve the right to withdraw my application. Work might turn a little extra hard after next week and if it does, I might not have time to indulge in another RP. I hope that's understandable. I'm not saying it's likely, but it might happen.

As for feedback, It's always welcome. Though I'm pretty happy with my sheet.

EDIT: To be clear, I meant withdraw it before you start, not in the middle of RP. If I get in, I'll stay committed, no worries.

@ Ganath: A nice long sheet, that's what I like to see. I like it, although the healing ability might have to be scaled back a little bit so cuts and bruises heal in minutes not seconds. All-in-all a good sheet and the powers and weaknesses were well explained.

Dr. wonderful:

All right, here's my sheet. It's just the modified version of the one I gave to lambi.

@ Dr.wonderful: First thing I thought when I saw your sheet was a pink green lantern character, although I can't say I dislike the idea. I've got a few questions though, is there a limit to his energy manipulation? As in, after so much use it can't be used for a period of time while it recharges? What about the size of objects he can make? How big can they be, and how long can the be in existence for?

Deu Sex:
Huh. This looks pretty interesting. Would you mind another person joining if you haven't started yet?

We haven't started yet, just throw up a sheet and we'll take a look. Pleasure to see people are still interested after a few days.

pyroguy86:
POST 44 CONTINUED:

@ Dr.wonderful: First thing I thought when I saw your sheet was a pink green lantern character, although I can't say I dislike the idea. I've got a few questions though, is there a limit to his energy manipulation? As in, after so much use it can't be used for a period of time while it recharges? What about the size of objects he can make? How big can they be, and how long can the be in existence for?

To answer your questions:

Yes there is a limit to his energy manipulation, he himself can't make shapes right now and the only thing he master is creating a shield-like circle that can stop force and blows. The only other thing he can create is a platform that can hoist people in the air...but it's just a another version of the shield so don't worry.

Oh and the shield can break if something really strong can break it...like a cannonball.
The recharge time? 20 hours by being awake, 9 by sleeping.

The shield can be as wide as needed but he keeps it about this wide

Oh and final question: Yes he is a Pink Green Lantern and thank you for noticing.

@ Pyroguy86: Oops, that's actually something I managed to overlook in the initial stages of creating my character. He wouldn't really form bruises due to scales and I meant scratches, not cuts. Cuts do indeed heal in minutes, not seconds. I'll make the neccessary alterations when I get back from work. At least, I don't believe scales form bruises all that easily, and even if they did. Bruises are not instantanous, which is another thing I overlooked. So they would probably heal away before they even got visible, even if it takes minutes.

The concept of this RP is awesome.

I may be to late to join, but i had fun making this guy.

I hope I'm not too late!

More than a little cliched, but fun to make.

I really hope that it's not too late for me to submit this. I would have been done with this earlier if I hadn't been distracted by the many wacky misadventures of Wei Shen and Friends.

My sheet will be coming up tonight. I had been debating which character to go with and that is what took me so long. Sorry about that.

I had a little time, so I adjusted my sheet (Post: 41) accordingly. A minor alteration to the superpower part. Should be more in line now, I think. Minor physical harm includes such things as mild scratches, rashes or paper cuts. Maybe I should've used the term very minor though:P

Name: James Harewood

Alias: Reflex

Appearance: Medium length brown hair and hazel eyes. Clean shaven, 5'9 weighing 9 stone. White male. Often seen wearing a smirk. When being Reflex, James wears a long black coat that covers up shin and arm guards James uses as body armour. These are actually sports equipment but James uses them to cushion himself against attacks and absorb damage caused to himself by his own fast attacks.

Previous Professions: Before the collapse, James was a history teacher.

Skills: James is skilled in Karate, he learns it as a way of releasing stress and finding some inner discipline. This came about after a particularly annoying class drove him up the wall. He is also very smart and possesses a good historical and general knowledge.

Weaknesses: He gets distracted easily and can often go off on a tangent. He also has a short temper and when getting angry at adults, has occasionally started fights. He also finds that his 'inner monologue' talks constantly and can distract him.

Family Status: Both parents live back in the UK. He has two brothers and a sister. Both brothers are married and the eldest has two daughters. James himself is single, after his fiancée went missing, presumed dead, during the collapse.

Special Power: He can perceive the world to be slower than it actually is, this is a result of him being able to think and move six times faster than the average human. When using his power, James sees the world as moving six times slower while he moves at normal speed. This speed means when he lands a blow it hits with great force, he can also quite easily dodge or counter hand to hand combatants and his speed and reflexes means he can dodge bullets with difficulty. His body heals six times faster when sleeping as his body repairs itself much faster.

Special Weakness: Despite being physically fit, using his power tires him out quickly and the much faster movement can cause him more serious damage such as tearing muscles if he overexerts himself. The power also mentally exhausts him, he can turn it off like flicking a mental switch but as soon as he stops using the power, he is hit by the physical and mental damage he has suffered. Therefore, he is poor in battles of attrition. He has about two hours of using his power before he starts to fail. Therefore, he needs to return home and sleep where his body will heal the nights ordeals.

Personality: James is considered open, friendly and charming. Though beneath the calm exterior is a mind that always needs to be occupied with something. He has little patience and a short temper. But many of his friends know they can rely on him, secretly James hates this as he feels like everybodys crutch.

Biography: Born in the UK, James studied History at University and tried to make his living as a teacher. However, being the youngest son of a business owner, his father expected James to run the business. James' father had allowed his elder sons to pursue their own careers and move away before realising his own mortality after the sudden death of a friend. James wanted nothing to do with his fathers business and after several blazing arguments decided to start again in another country. He applied for his working Visa to the US and set up his own life.

Everything was going well, with an apartment, a stable job and a fiancée. Then came the collapse, which shattered James' life. These people with wonderful powers abused them and reverted America to feudalism, James has been struggling along ever since, trying to keep his head down. Until he discovered his power.

i hope i get in and i hope i'm not too late and that this is okay and i am sorry for the grammar if it's bad

Name:Capt. David Woon.
Alias:The Black Knight.

Appearance:White, short black messy hair, weights 280 pounds, an eye patch covering over his right eye, 6 foot 5, well build, black casual clothes lots of scars covering his body and wears a duster coat.

Previous profession: he was a detective captain in The L.A. Vice Diversion they get lots of big cases and david he busted more than 10 people daily to name a few serials, mafia gangs, drug lords, slave traders and pedophiles.

Skills: he's a weapons master and he has a black and golden belt in Kung Fu.

Weaknesses: first the has a short and very quick temper fuse so he can be easily pissed off cause he will go off the handle and probably kill someone, Second you know how david has a wife and two kids and well because he's taken so many of gangs and rings, the bad guys seem to think that it's a really good idea to kidnap his family and hold them hostage and demand something but it really isn't worth it and third he drinks alot specifically vodka.

Special power: finally his teleporting somehow david learned to cover his body in black mist like covering yourself with a black sheet so far he can only go a 3 mile distance.

special Weaknesses: Every time he uses it spends his life span 1 year at a time for every mile and his limit is 3 miles so when he goes over the third mile he uses up 1 year.

Family status: a wife and two kids the rest of his family were killed during a gang war shootout

Personality: when his family or someone close to him is around he's nicest person you'll ever meet but when a case is involved he is cold, ruthless and unpredictable, oh and watch out he can be a mean drunk

Biography: When David was 20 he was in the Elite London police department and he did lots of big cases to name a few: serial killers, serial rapists, a serial bombers, Mafia gangs, pedophile rings, drug lords and drug dealers, you name it and he's taken them down. [the following happened before and after the collapse] anyway one time a serial bomber who had been blowing up street blocks killing more than 10 each time, David finally had figure out where the bomber's next target was and went to confront and arrest him sadly fate had "other" plans as the bomber blew david and himself sky high, a few hours later they find and dug his body out and somehow he was kicking but he was in a coma.

At the hospital he overhears a conversation between two doctors "i don't understand these readings are physically impossible on so many levels and it says here his system has mixed with a strange chemical in his body and it's changed his DNA, look there are heat signatures where there shouldn't be at all, his physical fitness is maxed up and then in all my years of medic training i have never seen anything like THIS! in all my life" one doctor said as he handed the other a scan "dear mother of god what is that thing!?!? and how is he still alive if this right next to his HEART!!" shouted the other doctor, david would have continue to listen but all of a sudden the equipment he's wired to starts going haywire and then it all shuts up and takes half of the hospital along with it just as David wakes up with a Almighty grasp and then a shout and he starts pulling off all the equipment he's attached to.

He later discharges himself and even later learns about his powers and has taught himself to control them.

Weapons: David being on the force he has access to the armory and all it's weapons but he prefers to use a colt 1911 pistol and a S.A.A. revolver he uses for a type of moments.

pyroguy86:
@ PlastikBulb: Okay, so your characters power is basically that he doesn't feel pain and will eventually lose his mind and become a tree-man? Well it's original I'll give you that, but now a few questions: Your character is still human right? If he were to have a hand chopped off, or a bullet placed between the eyes he would die right?

At the current point in time yes he is entirely human. Limbs are vital, bullets are death. Still, even if he did have a limb lopped off he wouldn't feel it, that's kind of the thing at the moment.

Looking at my schedule for the next while I don't think I can play this in the end sorry about submitting.

pyroguy86:

TheNaut131:

@ TheNaut131: Alright, the bio and everything looks good, the only problem I see with this sheet is the power. It says at the end that he is trying to learn how to bend light and that wouldn't be possible with someone who can manipulate gravity. One power per character unfortunately. Also, we might have to make a bigger more obvious weakness for your character, since control of gravity can be pretty OP. I'll have to talk to Iron about it, but your sheet seems good to me with a few tweaks here and there.

Yeah, I feared that. Him, bigger more obvious weakness...I'll get to work on that.

I do not break my promises, I hope you like chaotic neutral as an alignment.

I will have a chat with Pyro about the first applicants and this new batch. Now... to the sheets.

Floris2123:

It's "pale" unless there's some alternative spelling I'm not aware of.
...Why is there a gun and a scalpel in the description bit?

He seems kind of Mary-Sue-ish in the skills section. The power is fine, but I won't take the healing range, so you'd have to touch the person you're healing.

He preformed Mercy Killings.... right. Why wasn't he arrested and trailed for murder or assisted suicide, depending on the crime? Or did he do that after the collapse?

He is also a loner. Oh Christ almighty help me against the scorn of the lone badass.

I need to have a chat with Pyro about this. We'll get to you in a bit.

drmigit2:
I do not break my promises, I hope you like chaotic neutral as an alignment.

Well butter my nuts and deep fry them to make me some tasty chocolate balls, ain't that adorable you got a circus performer as your picture there. Are you keeping with the style even after the Collapse?

I like the power, but I won't have you walking around with hawk eyes or being the hulk... So no to added strength and perception. Be nimble, fast and in flight, but these are your own advantages.

He sounds like your typical psycho. I don't like his profession as an assassin... how the hell did he got into it in the first place? Erhm.... finished with the bio and there seems to be a problem. He wasn't the first wave of supers. You had a six months period of Supers ruling over everybody and anarchy becoming a feudal system, but... you forgot all about that. He could have done all of that in just one week?

Ohh... You ought to rethink your bio a bit. Plus, the character seems a tad too unpredictable and I think that you'll play it too safe in the real RP.

TheNaut131:

pyroguy86:

TheNaut131:

Yeah, I feared that. Him, bigger more obvious weakness...I'll get to work on that.

The power is really OP. You ought to look at it, see the possibilities and try to pick two abilities or so. Maybe three. Because you can solve any issue _ever_ if you can manipulate gravity. Get back to us on that, please.

PlastikBulb:

pyroguy86:

At the current point in time yes he is entirely human. Limbs are vital, bullets are death. Still, even if he did have a limb lopped off he wouldn't feel it, that's kind of the thing at the moment.

You do realize you will probably die in the Opening Post, right? You ought to rethink your power-set.

JaceValm:

Appearance: Medium length brown hair and hazel eyes. Clean shaven, 5'9 weighing 9 stone. White male. Often seen wearing a smirk. When being Reflex, James wears a long black coat that covers up shin and arm guards James uses as body armour. These are actually sports equipment but James uses them to cushion himself against attacks and absorb damage caused to himself by his own fast attacks.

Skills: James is skilled in Karate, he learns it as a way of releasing stress and finding some inner discipline. This came about after a particularly annoying class drove him up the wall. He is also very smart and possesses a good historical and general knowledge.

Weaknesses: He gets distracted easily and can often go off on a tangent. He also has a short temper and when getting angry at adults, has occasionally started fights. He also finds that his 'inner monologue' talks constantly and can distract him.

Family Status: Both parents live back in the UK. He has two brothers and a sister. Both brothers are married and the eldest has two daughters. James himself is single, after his fiancée went missing, presumed dead, during the collapse.

Special Power: He can perceive the world to be slower than it actually is, this is a result of him being able to think and move six times faster than the average human. When using his power, James sees the world as moving six times slower while he moves at normal speed. This speed means when he lands a blow it hits with great force, he can also quite easily dodge or counter hand to hand combatants and his speed and reflexes means he can dodge bullets with difficulty. His body heals six times faster when sleeping as his body repairs itself much faster.

Special Weakness: Despite being physically fit, using his power tires him out quickly and the much faster movement can cause him more serious damage such as tearing muscles if he overexerts himself. The power also mentally exhausts him, he can turn it off like flicking a mental switch but as soon as he stops using the power, he is hit by the physical and mental damage he has suffered. Therefore, he is poor in battles of attrition. He has about two hours of using his power before he starts to fail. Therefore, he needs to return home and sleep where his body will heal the nights ordeals.

Personality: James is considered open, friendly and charming. Though beneath the calm exterior is a mind that always needs to be occupied with something. He has little patience and a short temper. But many of his friends know they can rely on him, secretly James hates this as he feels like everybodys crutch.

Biography: Born in the UK, James studied History at University and tried to make his living as a teacher. However, being the youngest son of a business owner, his father expected James to run the business. James' father had allowed his elder sons to pursue their own careers and move away before realising his own mortality after the sudden death of a friend. James wanted nothing to do with his fathers business and after several blazing arguments decided to start again in another country. He applied for his working Visa to the US and set up his own life.

Everything was going well, with an apartment, a stable job and a fiancée. Then came the collapse, which shattered James' life. These people with wonderful powers abused them and reverted America to feudalism, James has been struggling along ever since, trying to keep his head down. Until he discovered his power.

Love it. A few notes:
I don't want for him to heal all of his injuries during sleep. Some would be impossible to fix or would kill him before he could sleep/during sleep.
His power works on the switch mechanism, grand. Two hours is also a bit too much, but I don't want you to have a very short time of using it since it's your only power.

Please, for the love of god, choose a different costume than a long back _____. Please. Maybe no costume.

I'm having trouble believing he's that physically fit as you described him. His power do help him to get away from attacks and the like, but he shouldn't stand much of a fight against others without the power. Karate is all fine and dandy but in most cases its worth jack shit against a knife or a good boxer.

Please, please, extend your Bio more to include incidents of his life to showcase his personality, family, power, what he did during the collapse, etc.

Souldemon8:
I really hope that it's not too late for me to submit this. I would have been done with this earlier if I hadn't been distracted by the many wacky misadventures of Wei Shen and Friends.

Did you... Did you just rip off Naruto?
Oh God.

A black guy! All hail diversity, Huzzah!
....You don't see many of them in RPs though they're like a third of the USA, do you?

Your power needs tweaking - I don't like the fact that the other items are duplicates as well. I would prefer it if your duplicates have nothing on them when they are created (woo, in the nude) and will need clothes, etc. to keep operating. You can also have several of them working all of the time around the city, acting as look outs, etc. It's a grand idea! I love it.

Besides the power being tweaked the char is fine, but do try and say what he did during the collapse. I understand he moved down south with his son and is now living with his daughter and her fiance. He is still an electrical technician (A needed line of work these days), but what does his daughter and her fiance do? Where do they live (in what house)?

rigabear:
I hope I'm not too late!

More than a little cliched, but fun to make.

It was pretty neat. I want you to add what he did during the collapse (6 months period) and what he did after he found out he had a super-power too. I like it how it does take some time to fully read a person's mind and it's not just as easy as waving a hand.

SkullKing84:
The concept of this RP is awesome.

I may be to late to join, but i had fun making this guy.

Erhm.... He needs music to transform it to energy, and then he uses that energy for... Plus, what kinds of music does he need? Can he just hum and then be able to split people into pieces with his mind?

You ought to rethink this, change a bit of the bio. I don't mind old has-been rockers, but the power is kind of vague (thanks for the link).

Souldemon8:

Iron Ruler Notes:

Oh God.

....You don't see many of them in RPs though they're like a third of the USA, do you?

Your power needs tweaking - I don't like the fact that the other items are duplicates as well. I would prefer it if your duplicates have nothing on them when they are created (woo, in the nude) and will need clothes, etc. to keep operating. You can also have several of them working all of the time around the city, acting as look outs, etc. It's a grand idea! I love it.

Besides the power being tweaked the char is fine, but do try and say what he did during the collapse. I understand he moved down south with his son and is now living with his daughter and her fiance. He is still an electrical technician (A needed line of work these days), but what does his daughter and her fiance do? Where do they live (in what house)?

I gotta represent for the brothers who ain't here!!!

Though speaking on the whole duplicating items thing I originally finished the sheet without granting him the ability to do so but I didn't think you'd be as enthusiastic about a dozen or so naked burly built men causing chaos in downtown Miami. However after quick tweaks here and there it seems everything is in order now.

TheIronRuler:
Erhm.... He needs music to transform it to energy, and then he uses that energy for... Plus, what kinds of music does he need? Can he just hum and then be able to split people into pieces with his mind?

You ought to rethink this, change a bit of the bio. I don't mind old has-been rockers, but the power is kind of vague (thanks for the link).

Not music, But sound waves (Unless you want it to be specific music, ). He absorbs sound waves and his body convert it into electricity (Blasts from his hand? or a electric field. whatever would be more "fun" for ya to mess with). Being in a field only listen to the wind... wont be enough to even spark. Being on a noisy street might get a hand full every few minutes. Standing by a jackhammer, point blank from thunder or a big speaker blasting music ... might get him to do some damage. Sound being blasted with Base turned up all the way up is surefire way to generate enough juice to fight. As for humming and other bodily sounds... (honestly didn't think of it), but lets go with he can't absorb his own sound waves (unless it made him mute like Black bolt?).

Captcha: one hit wonder... ha ha ha sounds like the character.

Ok I've changed it around a bit.

Appearance: Medium length brown hair and hazel eyes. Clean shaven, 5'9 weighing 9 stone. White male. Often seen wearing a smirk. James wears comfortable civilian clothing that allows him to blend in with a crowd.

Special Power: He can think and move six times faster than the average human. When using his power, James sees the world as moving six times slower while he moves at normal speed. This speed means when he lands a blow it hits with great force, he can also quite easily dodge or counter hand to hand combatants and his speed and reflexes means he can dodge bullets with difficulty. His body heals six times faster when sleeping as his body repairs itself much faster. James does have to clean his injuries before resting or he will still run the risk of infection.

Special Weakness: Using his power wears out the body and the much faster movement can cause him more serious damage such as tearing muscles if he overexerts himself, the resistant force whenever he attacks is much stronger resulting in a higher chance of injuring himself in combat. The power also mentally exhausts him, he can turn it off like flicking a mental switch but as soon as he stops using the power, he is hit by the physical and mental damage he has suffered. Therefore, he is poor in battles of attrition where he has to use his power continuously for a long time. He has between one and two hours of using his power before his body begins to fail. This depends on how well rested and healed he is, using his power to it's limit every day will drastically reduce his capabilities. Therefore, he needs to return home and sleep where his body will begin healing. Not all injuries will be properly healed in a short amount of time.

James prefers to avoid physical confrontation, especially when not using his powers. If he can defuse the situation without violence then he will. This mirrors his style when using his power, being six times faster than the bad guy means getting out of his way is easier and getting past him the preferable option.

Biography: Born in the UK, James studied History at University and tried to make his living as a teacher. However, being the youngest son of a business owner, his father expected somebody to run the business. James' father had allowed his elder sons to pursue their own careers before realising his own mortality after the sudden death of a friend.

James wanted nothing to do with his fathers business and after several blazing arguments decided to start again in another country. He applied for his working Visa to the US and set up his own life. He didn't see it as dodging responsibility, but as being able to choose for himself.

James found work at a High School in Maine, joining the History department. He also rented a modest apartment to live in. He occasionally considered returning to the UK and working with his family, as his father had begun to ignore him. He almost convinced himself to return home, he would be the prodigal son full of regret, ready to be accepted back into the fold. But then he decided to contact his siblings and learned that they had all relocated back to their home town with their families. After a little more prying conversation, James learned that his father had passed away and given explicit orders in his will that his children continue his business. This made James realise that he was not included in the will, as he would have been notified, which decided once and for all that he should stay where he was.

James continued life in America, eventually meeting Mary, the doctor who looked after him when his leg was broken in a car crash. They dated for two years, moving into a newer, bigger apartment and having a comfortable life. Eventually, James proposed to Mary and the wedding plans loomed large.

Everything was going well, with an apartment, a stable job and a fiancée. Then came the collapse, which shattered James' life. The rioting on the streets caused James to lose Mary, she disappeared on her way to the hospital during the riots, her car was found with blood in it and she was presumed dead.

James had reached breaking point and decided he couldn't stay, his very home felt alien to him now. He packed up his belongings and fled the city, relocating to Florida. Since then he kept his head down, making friends and going through life.

Then, months later, James began to feel strange, he had always thought quickly, but now his thoughts were like lightning, even more, he could cope with this change. He could think and move faster than anybody he knew, anyone normal at least. James had a power and set about testing the limits of his new abilities.

He found that he could be so much faster, he saw others as slow and sluggish, he tested his abilities in fights, realising that dodging attacks was more his forte, and using his power constantly would tire him out. After pushing himself far too hard, James had his arm broken in a fight, he fled home and fell into a deep sleep that lasted for two days. Waking up, he discovered that his injury had healed itself in incredible time. This new development was the final piece of the puzzle in testing his powers.

He had become a new man, a super-human.

JaceValm:
Snip!

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-long-do-broken-bones-take-to-heal.htm

I thought I'd forward this to you. It seems rather relevant to your character, should they ever fracture or break a bone during the RP. It would still cripple them quite efficiently if they heal 6 times faster. I think the guide is accurate enough. Human adults take quite a while to heal a bone and I guessed that when you said six times faster, you meant six times faster than an average human too. Without nitpicking, as one night of sleep isn't an entire day. It would take about 6-7 days of rest for him to heal a finger bone or a minor fracture as far as I understood it. Which is incredibly short but still the estimate of a sped up healing process.

A bone in his thigh would take about 15 days maybe less. Still, I think your character is interesting. I will point out though that this has nothing to do with the GMs or their criteria. Just from roleplayer to roleplayer, really. You can disregard this completely if you feel it isn't helpful.

Ganath:

JaceValm:
Snip!

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-long-do-broken-bones-take-to-heal.htm

I thought I'd forward this to you. It seems rather relevant to your character, should they ever fracture or break a bone during the RP. It would still cripple them quite efficiently if they heal 6 times faster. I think the guide is accurate enough. Human adults take quite a while to heal a bone and I guessed that when you said six times faster, you meant six times faster than an average human too. Without nitpicking, as one night of sleep isn't an entire day. It would take about 6-7 days of rest for him to heal a finger bone or a minor fracture as far as I understood it. Which is incredibly short but still the estimate of a sped up healing process.

A bone in his thigh would take about 15 days maybe less. Still, I think your character is interesting. I will point out though that this has nothing to do with the GMs or their criteria. Just from roleplayer to roleplayer, really. You can disregard this completely if you feel it isn't helpful.

No it's alright, I hadn't really researched this but thank you. There's no harm in helping out another player so it is much appreciated.

Due to the mental exhaustion, he might sleep for longer than a normal human after using his power.

SkullKing84:

TheIronRuler:

Not music, But sound waves (Unless you want it to be specific music, ). He absorbs sound waves and his body convert it into electricity (Blasts from his hand? or a electric field. whatever would be more "fun" for ya to mess with). Being in a field only listen to the wind... wont be enough to even spark. Being on a noisy street might get a hand full every few minutes. Standing by a jackhammer, point blank from thunder or a big speaker blasting music ... might get him to do some damage. Sound being blasted with Base turned up all the way up is surefire way to generate enough juice to fight. As for humming and other bodily sounds... (honestly didn't think of it), but lets go with he can't absorb his own sound waves (unless it made him mute like Black bolt?).

Captcha: one hit wonder... ha ha ha sounds like the character.

You ought to be specific so I'll know when to call bullshit and how to treat your character in the RP. Take some time to think this through and get to me (decibels needed for absorption, how much he absorbs, can he store the energy, how he releases it, side effects).

Souldemon8:

Souldemon8:

Iron Ruler Notes:

Oh God.

I gotta represent for the brothers who ain't here!!!

Though speaking on the whole duplicating items thing I originally finished the sheet without granting him the ability to do so but I didn't think you'd be as enthusiastic about a dozen or so naked burly built men causing chaos in downtown Miami. However after quick tweaks here and there it seems everything is in order now.

Two notes:
The names. Try and get rid of them, or I'll have to be honor-bound to have other characters with the same name. On the other hand, you can keep it, but I'm going to use him in the future. Your choice.

I'm uncomfortable with them being whores without the men recognizing it. They should see through it. Plus, you're not starting out in that town (Ft. Lauderdale), so you need a reason to get to where we are, or start at another place. Alternatively, the folks you mentioned can be the overlords of the city, but then you've made us our own GM decisions for us.

Rest? Perfect.

Solved the pre-made character issues and set everyone up in the starting city. So how many sheets are you actually thinking of running with and when are you going to make the final nerve wracking decisions?

TheIronRuler:

PlastikBulb:

pyroguy86:

You do realize you will probably die in the Opening Post, right? You ought to rethink your power-set.

I didn't realise that the opening post would require actual abilities/ways of not dying. I'll work something up and re do the stuff. Also, apart from the powers, is there anything else outstanding that needs correcting or rehashing?

Do you like my sheet?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked