A REALLY Wild Wasteland... (Fallout RP Sign-Up Thread)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

"What's up, Wastelander?"

INTRODUCTION>>>>>

Welcome. I'm FalloutJack, and if you are reading this then I have selected this choice out of my three ideas that people decided upon, based upon the notion that this is what people wanted me to try for first. Twenty of you voted for it, so I wanna see at least some of that in here. Why are we here? Because there is a relatively untapped wasteland out there, waiting to do something wild with it. Fallout may be about the war that never changes, but it's also about the weird and funny stuff that happens out there. You are all here with a heavy helping of the Wild Wasteland perk, so be prepared for situations to get out of hand, into foot, and over the top.

EL PLOTTO>>>>>

A bit fluid, in that you know how this place is. Multiple batshit crazies could be going down just because you are whoever you are in here. However, I have some things in mind, to be sure. And where you fit into it is up to you. So, for starters...

Yep, they're not done for. They're VERY not done for. As the shadow government organization of the former United States, they are the kings of secrets, contengency plans, and back-up plans. It all started when there was a break-in at GNR and it was announced over radio that control of the Enclave has changed over from witless politicians and crazy computers to...a mysterious figure known as Number One. All that is known publically about him is that he is the new leader after having undertaken a coup and restructured the inner-workings of the Enclave. IN the organization, it would be known that he was the overseer of their main weapons development plant, an advanced and fully-functional Vault used to supply the Enclave with their equipment. Being in charge of it all, he's now trying to fill those suits and in a hurry. But why? Just to dominate? Or is the more? Just who IS Number One?

That is not all, but that's what's on the forefront at the moment. However, there IS something up with alot of the super mutant population. Not all of 'em, but they're startin' to act strangely, all in line with their visitation to someone they just call 'The Doc'. And deep within a dark abandoned building, there is someone who eats human flesh and seems to repeats the same phrase over and over again: "Yes, master.". And in a number small settlements, there's a rash of unexplained deaths, with none of the people having a mark on 'em. Pick up some Nuka Cola and get a'going. What? There's talk of a problem with some of the Nuka Cola?! Dammit, what in the hell's going on here?!

SETTING STUFF>>>>>

This is covering a rather large area, actually. You know how the games rope you in? Well, not so much for me, as I am trying to take in areas including the general Kentucky area, the Capital Wastelands, and all points in between wherever possible. The reason for Kentucky will become relevant as soon as we start, although I might've mentioned it a few times in the Meta-Bar. I also included the Capital Wastelands for plot reasons and in case anyone wanted to be involved with the East Coast BoS or whatever else. Generally, I'm covering a fair area and you don't all have to huddle together for warmth in this RP to get anywhere as you might all be far apart, but certain events will coincide and meeting each other because of how big they are could happen.

CHARACTER STUFF>>>>>

I'm not gonna impose many restrictions on who you are in the RP. Obviously, some stuff won't fly, but I did promise that you could try for all sorts of characters provided you could sell to me why this is a good idea (this included being a Deathclaw, if you could make it worth it). Some stuff that couldn't fit in the Fallout 'verse even slightly is out, but the weird and referencial plans I have for us here do make it hard to say what's in or out. In the end, I must be the determinator there. What you cannot be for certain, however, is the main character of Fallout games. You can be an Awesome McBadass character, but you're not the Lone Wanderer, Courier, or whoever else that's at the center of these games. You also can't be what I've got an NPC for. Number One is the new leader of the Enclave, so you can't usurp him. (You could be someone else important in there if you wanted to, but we'd have to discuss that.) The point is that I'm open-minded, but to a point.

ROLEPLAYING STUFF>>>>>

Alright, you know the drill. I want a good clean fight game here. No auto-killing, no god-moding, no meta-gaming, and all that other jazz that people looking for a good time don't want. Let's have some integrity about who gets shot, how bad, and what happens. I'm in control of this world and I wanna play a fun game, to entertain by way of good narrative, strange happenings, action, adventure, and certainly comedy. And while some of you may be thinking of having VATS, I think that that's actually a bad idea for anything more than a joke. Think about it. What is it? It's a Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System. Who created and owns everything by Vault-Tec? The Enclave. You see where I'm going with this? I'm already making those guys crazy. You don't want them all with VATS, because they're certainly the guys who own the patent. I play fair like everyone else, even when I'm the GM. This does not mean I won't come down like an Uber-Sledge on those who deserve it. Random stuff from the GM is what I'm here for.

TEMPLATE>>>>>

I dunno how many of you are going to apply. I'll be taking in as many as I dare. Me, the GM, has the right to revoke entry as per needed, such as character not acceptable or player not being acceptable (hereafter referred to as 'bad template' or 'bad roleplayer'). If a perceived maximum of quite a few players is not reached, I will wait a while when entries seem to dry up and then go forth as needed. Customizing the template is fine. If you've got something to add, lemme hear it.

ETC>>>>>

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something important in all this. Lemme know if it comes up.

Huh, so its a fallout rp, but everyone has wild wasteland all the time. So, basically fallout 2 then? Is it the wink, nudge, pop culture reference kind of wild wasteland or the random aliens and talking animals kind? Because the the thing about the former is it was mostly monty python references. Don't get me wrong, I like me some monty python references but it doesn't seem like rp material.

Do we have some sort of time frame for this? Post battle for hoover dam or something? If you're including the capital wasteland and kentucky what are you going to do about all the space between it and nevada? What's your policy on relations to prominent characters and key places from previous games? And what about canon as far as fallout 3 is concerned?

That's all I got for now. Consider me interested for the time being.

I hereby present to you the most awesome character in this RP, THE MECHANIST!

Will probably add a bit more soonish, but let me know what you think so far.

REDACTED

NAME: David Woon

RACE: white modern British

APPEARANCE: black short messy hair, 6 foot 7, weights 280 pounds, a 5 o'clock shadow beard, an eye patch covering his right eye, looks like the deadly assassin and the legend of the west outfits mixed together and with a black cowboy hat
PERSONALITY: Show me your psyche. Like with Appearance, give me enough to go on so that I understand the mind of your character. If you are crazy, I'm gonna give you some lovely hallucinations sometimes. If you're a kleptomaniac, I wanna see some attachment to shinies. You understand.

WEAPONS: one colt 1911 pistol under his arm, an S.A.A. revolver on his waist, an combat knife strapped to his leg and an Tommy gun holstered on his back.

ITEMS: some grenades, some C4, his black cowboy hat and his black duster coat from his "Black Knight" Mercenary days and some stimpacks.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Gunslinger, A Friend of the Night,

TRANSPORTATION: awhile back David found this old Harvey Davidson motorbike that was still in working condition somehow so he repaired the engine which in david's words now purrs like kitten, put a new paint on it (black) and now uses it to get around or when he needs to get somewhere fast.

Deadyawn:
-Snippo-

You see? I knew I forgot something. Lemme try and answer your questions in some degree of order.

{1} It's not specifically like Fallout 2 or any of them. Here's a pot and here's me throwing in the games, melting them into one massive gumbo. I'm gonna go for what I can go for, as long as I think it works for it. We're playing a LITTLE by ear, here.

{2 & 3} Time-frame. I knew I should've said something about that. Everything in the games that has happened...has happened. Let's call it a scant few weeks from the end of the New Vegas plot.

{4} I figure on leaving Nevada out of it, and focusing on Kentucky and points East through to the Capital Wastelands, an area which I already consider ambitious as is. It'll be a mix of the familiar and the not, to give us both breathing room and areas we can immediately identify with. The areas we're not so familiar with is the open territory to insert more original stuff (or references to existing places on the map if you so desire). I'm not involving Nevada because I think it's asking too much of the RP to go East Coast AND out West as well. Somewhere West of Kentucky is Legion territory for miles and miles and miles. If you want to be a Legion or even NCR character moving East, be my guest, but let's stick to the already-large area I outlined, mkay?

{5} You mean like, for instance, how Hagi submitted The Mechanist? I'll CONSIDER an idea, provided it can be done well. There's going to be certain things that I'll just shake my head at and go "No no no...this is a bad idea.". On the other hand, it might hit all the right points of awesome that I'll go for it instantaneously. You never know 'till you try.

{6} Again, everything that has happened, happened. And in this case, it's been some years because New Vegas timeline is referenced as well. So, it's been a while since Project Purity went online, Broken Steel, and so on. Anyone young enough back in Fallout 3 will be alive today, which is why the use of The Mechanist interests me.

Hope that all helps.

Hagi:
-Snappo-

I like the application of this known character into the mix. At this time, I think he might work out.

Asclepion:
-Whoppo-

Let's not go with mods, okay? I make the joke that FalloutJack is a hacked break-the-fourth-wall character, but I don't even wanna do that HERE if I have him and the rest of the Fallout Sector here. Let's just have a round of fairly-cool characters, hmmm?

David Woon:
-Zeppo-

No.

(And before anyone argues, I know him. He couldn't hack it in the Meta-Bar and frustrated everybody there to the point of getting a mod in, and he's been necro-ing old abandoned Fallout RPs, so I knew he'd show up.)

Name: Dr Crawver

RACE: Mutated walrus, similar to mirelurk mutation, but intelligent

APPEARANCE: A 5ft10 walrus wearing a lab coat. His flippers have deformed enough for him to stand up straight, and hold items, albiet a little clumsily. He has small beady eyes, his body is covered in scars and burns from his travels, and one of his tusks is cracked.
He's never had himself weighed, but if asked, he'd guess at "very, very heavy".
A handsome walrus looking at his best in the prime of his youth

PERSONALITY: An experiment of a madman of the wastes, he escaped his harsh conditions as soon as he gained sentience and enough Independence. Finding his only true strength is his mind, he actively avoids a fight where he can, being far more at home in a lab, but refuses to use live subjects.
He now travels around, looking for a permanent safe place to live, often being denied be people due to his horrifying appearance and the difficulty it takes to understand his slurred words.
He will help those he can, if just to get some company. He will often sell his services as a doctor for food or money to those who just don't shoot or run.
Also has an aversion to beauty, often viewing it with suspicion.
Favorite foods are mirelurks and ants (not the fire ones, they're too spicy).

WEAPONS: A standard 10mm, only for emergencies. Is in good condition and ammo is plentiful due to its' lack of use.

ITEMS: A lab coat, basic survival supplies, brace of stimpacks and other medical supplies and surgical equipment. He also carries a small golden pendant with him, but he doesn't know why.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: A doctor before all else, he excells at healing. He also has the ability to hack most computers. He is however, really sub-par in all combat scenarios. Due to being a mutant, he also has a natural resistance to radiation. Due to his layers of blubber, he has a resistance to cold, as well as a mild resistance to damage, although nothing more than old leather armour at best. Being a walrus, he isn't easy to understand at first, with his pronunciation being erratic. Once panicked he will often not say words at all, rather reverting to natural walrus wails.
Unless predatory towards walruses, most animals of the wastes will not attack him, due to him still being like them (similar to friend of animals perk level 1)

TRANSPORTATION: Being a walrus, he is fairly cumbersome on land, but can swim well. He also has a brahmin called Udders which he rides upon.

FalloutJack:

David Woon:
-Zeppo-

No.

(And before anyone argues, I know him. He couldn't hack it in the Meta-Bar and frustrated everybody there to the point of getting a mod in, and he's been necro-ing old abandoned Fallout RPs, so I knew he'd show up.)

oh it's you.........hello ok first i didn't know their were abandoned i didn't readied when the last post was, second have you seen mine? i mean it looks decent at very least to me and it's a working progress and third the pub was my first RP on here and i'm not good with the ones that have magic in them but I've learned my lesson now anyway i will complete my sheet and if there are any problems please tell me.

Sounds like fun. I haven't done one of these in a long time though, and never on the Escapist, could you tell me how this will work? Is it like you will be writing out the plot and we vote on what happens next or something?

Let me know if this doesn't work or you need me to change anything.

Mcoffey:
Sounds like fun. I haven't done one of these in a long time though, and never on the Escapist, could you tell me how this will work? Is it like you will be writing out the plot and we vote on what happens next or something?

Here's how it is, man. I have a number of things that are going on, things that will carry on assuming nobody interferes with 'em, getting steadily worse. Eventually, though things will be impossible to ignore because it gets so big that everybody's threatened. Beyond that, there's always something going on in the wasteland and you might be the one that perpetrated it or are against it or don't care or whatever. I'm all for thinking up random stuff. I'm all for suggestions even.

Incidentally, your character seems like fun to me.

Dr. Crawver:
-Mutated Man-Rus-

I like him too.

FalloutJack:

Mcoffey:

Here's how it is, man. I have a number of things that are going on, things that will carry on assuming nobody interferes with 'em, getting steadily worse. Eventually, though things will be impossible to ignore because it gets so big that everybody's threatened. Beyond that, there's always something going on in the wasteland and you might be the one that perpetrated it or are against it or don't care or whatever. I'm all for thinking up random stuff. I'm all for suggestions even.

Incidentally, your character seems like fun to me.

Dr. Crawver:
-Mutated Man-Rus-

I like him too.

One thing I want to check, would we be as a party, or individuals in this?

Asclepion:
Would you allow mods?

I ask because my character in all the games is an African American man of science, unfailingly polite and altruistic, and wearing a custom powered exoskeleton in which he moves so fast he appears to be teleporting, has massively augmented strength / multiple sensory modes, gets headshots with a handgun from 400 meters, pulls the trigger 12 times per second, and slaps bullets out of the air.
http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/3365

Also, the mods give access to weaponry unlike any conventional firearm:
http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/14773
http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/6270
Ranging from real-world guns to a fully automatic rocket launcher to a weapon that alters the fabric of space.

If I'm right, the term "mary sue" was made for characters like this.

I mean, where's the fun in a character that essentially can't die, and near enough just needs to look at an enemy and they'll fall over dead.

Dr. Crawver:

Like I said in Setting Stuff, with there being ALOT of territory, I'm not asking you to be all huddled together for warmth. I'm going to try and give you all something to do even if you're separated. Whether any of you are gathered together I think should be up to you guys. I'm not requiring one or the other, though things relevent to everybody may bind at least some of you together out of concern for oneself IF nothing else.

EDIT: I handled him, doc.

i've never played fallout, but kinda like the world it set up from what i've seen. also, i'm very new to rping (i just applied to join my first thread and do not even know if i have been accepted) so what's godmoding? being invincible? i can guess what auto-killing is, and how would one "meta-game" here? have a character in two threads where what happens in one happens in both?
cuz that actually sounds like a cool concept if we had some dedicated forums. anyway, can I apply despite not knowing anything about fallout other than the setting, and that a post-apocalyptic steampunk western is the second most awesomest anything, ever? (first is doctor who, which raises the question: can i play as a cyberman? cuz you are going for crazy, and THAT would be fun)

NAME: Lucy Black

RACE: Human, white

APPEARANCE: Black hair tied in two very long pig tails and piercing blue eyes. Looks can be deceiving and that (among other things) gives me an edge. You'd be wise to remember that.

PERSONALITY: Life seemed fine, living with my Father, Isaac Black. You see, we used to joke that my Dad was secretly in the Brotherhood Of Steel, with his fascination with energy weapons and all. Growing up my dad used to do a lot of trading to bring home trinkets and maybe even a weapon or two that we used to repair together. Dad and I used to practice with the energy weapons whenever we could. His prized possession, a Gauss Rifle with a small supply of ammo bought over time, was kept hidden in a secret compartment under the floor, knowing how valuable it was. That was when life was good. Two years ago our little settlement got hit by a bandit raid...Not a normal raid, these guys seemed too organized. Like a mercenary group. I watched my Dad get killed right before my eyes, I tried to defend myself, but I was too weak, beaten to an inch of my life and left for dead. The entire settlement gone. I was the only one left. I don't know how I survived, but all I knew is that I never wanted to feel weak again. So I honed my skills, lacking discipline and formal training, I made up with determination and aggression. I'll find out who did this. Somehow...

WEAPONS: A Gauss Rifle that belonged to my Father, it was his prized possession. It's become my favoured ranged weapon.

ITEMS: My dad had bought me leather armour for when we used to go out into the wasteland for food. It still fits me pretty well and I've grown accustomed to it. I've got a small backpack filled with some ammo for my Gauss Rifle, a few stimpacks and a caravan lunch to keep me going.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Quick, nimble, dexterous and an excellent shot with my Gauss rifle makes me a force to be reckoned with at range. I also know how to repair my equipment very well, remembering what my dad taught me. Despite my aggressive style, I'm not very durable in combat, I tend to be pretty reckless and I lack finesse. I'm useless with hacking and lock-picking.

TRANSPORTATION: In good physical condition, considering that I've had to take care of myself for the past two years after Dad died, I tend to go by foot since most other modes of transportation seem to be a burden to me.

FalloutJack:

Dr. Crawver:

Like I said in Setting Stuff, with there being ALOT of territory, I'm not asking you to be all huddled together for warmth. I'm going to try and give you all something to do even if you're separated. Whether any of you are gathered together I think should be up to you guys. I'm not requiring one or the other, though things relevent to everybody may bind at least some of you together out of concern for oneself IF nothing else.

EDIT: I handled him, doc.

Sounds good. I look forward to it starting.

RipVanTinkle:
-snip-

Of course it's up to the discretion of Jack, but to me, this strikes me as just a little bit too perfect. Sounds more like a cliche'd anime character, than something in the fallout universe.

But of course, it could be a lot worse, and should the OP be fine with it, I have no major problems with it.

Dr. Crawver:

RipVanTinkle:
-snip-

Of course it's up to the discretion of Jack, but to me, this strikes me as just a little bit too perfect. Sounds more like a cliche'd anime character, than something in the fallout universe.

But of course, it could be a lot worse, and should the OP be fine with it, I have no major problems with it.

My first time in a RP forum, my apologies.
Any suggestions to help me trim my character a bit better?

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

RipVanTinkle:
-snip-

Just not so powerful or perfect. Having a particular strength or trait is hardly a bad thing, such as the phychopathy/bipolarity, but stuff like that would need to be used with care for it to work. I would just tone it all down a little bit, like maybe make your character a relatively amicable ex enclave, but never truly excelled in combat training, but due to the horrors she's seen, she will on occasions turn into a bloodlusting beast. Unreliable, inefficient, but brutal. Also cover up your character a bit to represent the actual brutality of the wasteland. To have a skinny girl showing that much skin, she'd be covered head to toe in scars.

Just don't be so powerful across the board I guess. I mean look at mine, a fat ugly mutant that can't fight, but is smart. He has his niche, but if he is out of his comfort zone, he's in real trouble.

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

RipVanTinkle:
-snip-

I'm a bit sketchy about the weaponry and items shtick. I'd be willing to entertain the character, but there's some things we'd have to discuss in private, plotty stuff. I said I'd talk if anyone wanted to be someone important. Odd name too. An Alias? The thing bugging me about your equipment is that you ran from the Enclave base - the likes of which I haven't even unveiled yet, and you apparently got away with a magnetically-driven slug-thrower with lots of ammo? AND you have microfusion cell that appears to be doing nothing at the moment. Given the situation, and pending on what we talk about in PM, I'm thinking either she got away with this family heirloom and SOME ammunition for it, or not-it-but-maybe-it's-recoverable-later and for now you have a plasma rifle for that supply of energy on your person.

Shadowstar38:

Why do I get a rather massive "benny-pre-house" vibe from this one?

I like it, could be pretty cool to watch.

REDACTED

Shadowstar38:
-I seezo-

Classy Cassie? Me likey-likey.

Asclepion:

Dr. Crawver:

Asclepion:
Would you allow mods?

I ask because my character in all the games is an African American man of science, unfailingly polite and altruistic, and wearing a custom powered exoskeleton in which he moves so fast he appears to be teleporting, has massively augmented strength / multiple sensory modes, gets headshots with a handgun from 400 meters, pulls the trigger 12 times per second, and slaps bullets out of the air.
http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/3365

Also, the mods give access to weaponry unlike any conventional firearm:
http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/14773
http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/6270
Ranging from real-world guns to a fully automatic rocket launcher to a weapon that alters the fabric of space.

If I'm right, the term "mary sue" was made for characters like this.

I mean, where's the fun in a character that essentially can't die, and near enough just needs to look at an enemy and they'll fall over dead.

The fun is in being an extremely fast and powerful combabtant while also being fundamentally a good person in an apocalyptic world. A single guy can't save a town from slavers, but a hero who is willing to risk his life for others and is smart enough to build a suit that lets him leap 20 feet in the air and bench press a car could. So when a scientist in a powered exoskeleton dodges bullets and punches a man's head off, it feels like a triumph of ingenuity and great effort over those who just use guns as brute force.

Besides, I think most people accept that there are certain games and stories that are meant to pander to base desires. Being a badass is one of them.

Yeah, but since this is an RP involving other people, and one that was said to have no "godmode" in it, it seems there's nothing that could be thrown at you, no scenario that your character wouldn't even struggle with, let alone actually be incapable of overcoming. Would just be boring for everyone I would imagine.

FalloutJack:

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

I'm a bit sketchy about the weaponry and items shtick. I'd be willing to entertain the character, but there's some things we'd have to discuss in private, plotty stuff. I said I'd talk if anyone wanted to be someone important. Odd name too. An Alias? The thing bugging me about your equipment is that you ran from the Enclave base - the likes of which I haven't even unveiled yet, and you apparently got away with a magnetically-driven slug-thrower with lots of ammo? AND you have microfusion cell that appears to be doing nothing at the moment. Given the situation, and pending on what we talk about in PM, I'm thinking either she got away with this family heirloom and SOME ammunition for it, or not-it-but-maybe-it's-recoverable-later and for now you have a plasma rifle for that supply of energy on your person.

You're right, let me give her a large overhaul. Thanks for the input, sorry for all the trouble though. Like I mentioned, I'm new to this.

Hagi:
-snip-

Oh hot dam, return of the mechanist. I would love to see what robotic shenanigans he gets up to, and maybe even a return of his arch nemesis? A duel between the two would be cool to watch

Asclepion:
-Whoosh-

Dr. Crawver:
-Voip-

Hi, remember me? The GM? This isn't a thread for debating it. I already said no to his ideas and he hasn't submitted a character sheet. Please stop arguing about it.

FalloutJack:

Hi, remember me? The GM? This isn't a thread for debating it. I already said no to his ideas and he hasn't submitted a character sheet. Please stop arguing about it.

Sorry, didn't want to cause any upset, just a little excited about this one I guess.

Oh god damnit. I can't say I'm not interested, but all the effort I need to put in...
And I even got a character all dressed up and ready to go, Comissar-Bot!

Oh well. Maybe never.

FalloutJack:

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

Redone my character, does she fit a little better now?

Am I on the right track? Not "fun" enough? Just a bad idea overall?

I'll be back in a couple of hours, so don't worry if I don't respond.

RipVanTinkle:
NAME: Lucy Black

RACE: Human, white

APPEARANCE: Black hair tied in two very long pig tails and piercing blue eyes. Looks can be deceiving and that (among other things) gives me an edge. You'd be wise to remember that.

PERSONALITY: Life seemed fine, living with my Father. You see, we used to joke that my Dad was secretly in the Brotherhood Of Steel, with his fascination with energy weapons and all. Growing up my dad used to do a lot of trading to bring home trinkets and maybe even a weapon or two that we used to repair together. Dad and I used to practice with the energy weapons whenever we could. His prized possession, a Gauss Rifle with a small supply of ammo bought over time, was kept hidden in a secret compartment under the floor, knowing how valuable it was. That was when life was good. Two years ago our little settlement got hit by a bandit raid...Not a normal raid, these guys seemed too organized. Like a mercenary group. I watched my Dad get killed right before my eyes, I tried to defend myself, but I was too weak, beaten to an inch of my life and left for dead. The entire settlement gone. I was the only one left. I don't know how I survived, but all I knew is that I never wanted to feel weak again. So I honed my skills, lacking discipline and formal training, I made up with determination and aggression. I'll find out who did this. Somehow...

WEAPONS: A Gauss Rifle that belonged to my Father, it was his prized possession. It's become my favoured ranged weapon.

ITEMS: My dad had bought me leather armour for when we used to go out into the wasteland for food. It still fits me pretty well and I've grown accustomed to it. I've got a small backpack filled with some ammo for my Gauss Rifle, a few stimpacks and a caravan lunch to keep me going.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Quick, nimble, dexterous and an excellent shot with my Gauss rifle makes me a force to be reckoned with at range. I also know how to repair my equipment very well, remembering what my dad taught me. Despite my aggressive style, I'm not very durable in combat, I tend to be pretty reckless and I lack finesse. I'm useless with hacking and lock-picking.

TRANSPORTATION: In good physical condition, considering that I've had to take care of myself for the past two years after Dad died, I tend to go by foot since most other modes of transportation seem to be a burden to me.

To me that looks like a massive improvement, and I'm sure jack'll feel the same. I look forward to seeing her in action now.

Dr. Crawver:

To me that looks like a massive improvement, and I'm sure jack'll feel the same. I look forward to seeing her in action now.

I really appreciate your feedback, I prefer a more grounded approach like this for my character.
I honestly had no idea what I was thinking before. >.>

RipVanTinkle:

Dr. Crawver:

I really appreciate your feedback, I prefer a more grounded approach like this for my character.
I honestly had no idea what I was thinking before. >.>

I guess people get so wrapped up into building their characters, that they just want to keep adding awesome traits which, on their own are pretty cool, but when they all come together it just creates something that seems unbelievable. It's why I work in kinda reverse, come up with the awesome idea (In this case a mutant walrus), and then add the flaws to keep it balanced (flipperhands, not the best at speaking, etc)

I'm glad I could help, and I'm glad you prefer it this way, looks like a character that would be more interesting to interact with. I just hope I don't end up with that rifle pointed at my head. I don't think my blubber will protect me from a hyper-propelled slug at any range.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked