A REALLY Wild Wasteland... (Fallout RP Sign-Up Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Souplex:
Another NPC/character for someone who can't make a good character of their own.

The Mechanist can haz side-kick? Yes?

So... if anyone wants to play this guy, or any other robot, as an ally or side-kick that'd be freaking awesome.

I also look forward to perhaps meeting this Flash guy, looks like we might have a wild wasteland superhero league in the making...

Names people! We need names! The Vanquishers? The League of Extraordinary Wastelanders?

I hope i'm not to tardy to the party. it's been quite some time since i've dipped my toe into the RP side of the woods here, but here's my attempt.

Hey there! Hope I'm not too late with this, as I always seem to be with finding RP's that look cool. Especially one run by Fallout Jack!

So here it be, I hope I'm not too late and the character's up to snuff. If not, oh well...I'll just chalk another might've been up on the board! ^-^

Things are starting to look good, quite a lot of people applying. Quite a lot of people with mental illnesses, but then this is fallout, that's to be expected. Everyone has some form of psychosis.

I hope I am not too late, this looks like a lot of fun. This is my first time doing anything like this, so sorry if my character or grammar suck. I hope the spoiler works.

NAME: Jim Jimson Jr.

RACE: Caucasian

APPEARANCE: A haggard, sun baked, muscular, wrinkled man who is missing several teeth from lack of dental hygiene and has patchy, filthy, brown hair and wild eyes. He has a matching mustache but no beard.

PERSONALITY: Born and raised in Kentucky to a family of Brahmin Ranchers, His entire family was wiped out by a very very large group of mole rats. This left him very bitter and susceptible to fits of extreme depression and violence. He leaves his home, finding his memory's too painful. He enjoys alcohol very much, but fears the effects of chems, out of superstition. He sees his life as a trip between fits of extreme sadness and fits of absurd happiness.

WEAPONS: The double barrel Shotgun given to him on his tenth birthday, 3 frag grenades, and an all purpose knife.

ITEMS: Brahmin leather clothes, a backpack, two boxes of 12 gauge shotgun shells, a canteen, matches, two cans of Pork N Beans, a half full bottle of whiskey.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Good with his shotgun, not afraid to stab anyone with his knife, he has experience foraging for food and butchering animals. This man is capable of the most heinous acts and acts of great compassion depending on his mood, sobriety, and the day of the week, among other things. He is very good with animals, and terrible with people. He is a recluse who is very capable of survival but not sure if he wants to.

TRANSPORTATION: He travels by walking or staggering, depending on sobriety.

EDIT: the spoiler didn't work, so I got rid of my failed attempt. noob is noob.
EDIT 2: Carl The Cazdore has left the building

Anything wrong with the sheet let me know and I'll fix it!

So will we get a notification on when the roleplay starts?

I have never done anything like this before, but I have always been quite interested.

NAME: William Knight.

RACE: Caucasian, Anglo-Saxon

APPEARANCE: Height of 5'8 and weight of around 9 stone. This gives him a slim build. Short-ish black hair and green eyes. Mostly clean shaven but when there isn't time, a stubbly beard develops. Has a posh, if cold accent that would be closest to British. Tries to keep a mostly clean and presentable look (as much as possible in the wasteland anyway) so wears a shirt, tie and waistcoat scavenged from a clothes shop, wearing dark blue jeans with a few scratches on the right knee. Would be considered handsome, if his face wasn't normally fixed in a glare.

PERSONALITY: Used to be rather upbeat and cheerful, talkative and persuasive, it was William's job to be an ambassador for his community to other tribes and towns, organising trade and friendly relations. However, after slavers attacked his community, murdering, raping, pillaging and taking their prizes, William has become much colder. Being part of a 16 person group that fled the community shattered William's previous naive nature as a nightmarish journey ensued. With the slavers in hot pursuit, the group had to scavenge and steal most of their supplies. But with such a large group, no amount of scavenging could sustain them. William became more desensitised to death as the group was ravaged by starvation, disease and predators. The group was reduced to ten haggard wanderers without a purpose, unsure if the slavers were still pursuing. With no true goal, infighting and petty disputes stretched the group to breaking point. When three of the groups most able members were killed by a grenade bouquet trap the fragile peace shattered. Words were spoken, punches thrown and guns drawn, then William talked them down and in the morning each went their separate ways realising how much they hated each other after their ordeal. William kept walking, wandering, until he found another settlement where he stayed for a while, yet could not settle. He eventually left the town for pastures new, even though he doubted he would find anything better.

WEAPONS: William uses a Katana replica which he "relieved" from a shop. The blade is still very sharp and could certainly do lethal damage. He also uses a 45. pistol, but he is not that accurate with it and mainly uses it for threatening people. He carries 23 rounds for it.

ITEMS: 87 caps, Anver Ambassador's Outfit, a 'lucky' dice and a backpack to store his gear in containing two bottles of purified water and enough food for a few days. 2 Fission Batteries. It also contains a gift given to him by on of the Anver residents, but he shows the gift to nobody.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Has the Good Natured trait to represent his slant towards speech. Has the 'Terrifying Presence' perk and the 'Light Touch' perk. Very good at resolving problems with words and if the situation demands it, can fight well with his Katana. Is not bad with his pistol but certainly not a famed marksman. Tag skills would be Speech, Barter and Melee Weapons with a reasonable Guns skill.

TRANSPORTATION: Since wandering the wastes, has acquired a motorbike that has been modified to run on Fission Batteries, yet often needs repairing and since William is no mechanic, needs help with.

Is this ok?

updated version

David Woon:
updated version

So it's John Marston if he was in Fallout?

leon558:

David Woon:
updated version

So it's John Marston if he was in Fallout?

pretty much yeah i just hope FalloutJack hasn't got a problem with that

Cut-off point.

Holy crap, that was a mad-dash for positions all of a sudden. I'm gonna have to either make a hard decision at this point or get a bit more ambitious. For the time being, I need to look at those of you who submitted stuff since last night (Go away, Woon.) and get the attention of those I mentioned before.

So, for the record, I need to hear from Ryans Solution because he said he wasn't done, and I'm giving both Khedive Rex and NeuroticBabbler (who's been talking to me via PM) a fair chance. I said I would, so there. I'm gonna have to organize a bit now... If I double-post, don't call me on it. It's my thread, after all.

Meantime, answer me this one, folks: Do we need an actual GROUP for this?

FalloutJack:

Fijiman:
-No experience?-

But clearly you're a decent writer. The character doesn't seem objectionable, anyway. I would say that some people in this game are gonna disprove the walking conundrum, but that's nothing to hold against you.

Thank you. The main reason I'm a little scared to try and join is because the only RP thread I've ever really looked into is the "We Are Our Avatars" thread and you've seen how fast posts pop up in that. I'm sure that this one will be a good bit more laid back, but there's always those first time jitters.

Fijiman:

FalloutJack:

Fijiman:
-No experience?-

But clearly you're a decent writer. The character doesn't seem objectionable, anyway. I would say that some people in this game are gonna disprove the walking conundrum, but that's nothing to hold against you.

Thank you. The main reason I'm a little scared to try and join is because the only RP thread I've ever really looked into is the "We Are Our Avatars" thread and you've seen how fast posts pop up in that. I'm sure that this one will be a good bit more laid back, but there's always those first time jitters.

We Are Our Avatars (and for that matter the meta-bar) doesn't really have true GM-ness, I think. So, stuff happens whenever. IN said bar, I have been driving the story somewhat lately from the random into some directed things, but that was just my way of having fun. HERE, I am empowered to make the weird happen. Time, I think, is going to be a little fluid with this many characters. Try not to be worried about that if you're among the selected.

FalloutJack:

Cut-off point.

Holy crap, that was a mad-dash for positions all of a sudden. I'm gonna have to either make a hard decision at this point or get a bit more ambitious. For the time being, I need to look at those of you who submitted stuff since last night (Go away, Woon.) and get the attention of those I mentioned before.

So, for the record, I need to hear from Ryans Solution because he said he wasn't done, and I'm giving both Khedive Rex and NeuroticBabbler (who's been talking to me via PM) a fair chance. I said I would, so there. I'm gonna have to organize a bit now... If I double-post, don't call me on it. It's my thread, after all.

A group might not be a bad way to keep track of everyone/everything, as well as create a little place for some out of context chatter so the thread itself doesn't get cluttered.

Either way, with a roster like this, it's sure to be an interesting game. Looking forward to it!

FalloutJack:

Considering the size of the group I'd think it'd be good to have some means of alternate communication, especially as there's a decent chance there will be some confrontations between players.

Be it a separate thread for that purpose or an actual group, just as long as there's something we can chat easily with each other about the story. It should help in keeping the most important things easily findable as well as making sure it stays fun for everyone.

FalloutJack:

In my experience having a user group for OOC chit-chat helps to both streamline the RP and lets us get to talk to each other a little more. And with a group this large, we'll need all the streamlining we can get. We don't really need one, but it will be a huge convenience.

Floris2123:
Brandon

Brandon seems okay now.

LFC Scouser:
-Nice Gig-

Gig looks good.

imacharginmehlaz0r:
Sergio

Okay, he seems in order.

OutcastBOS:
-Poke-

Clarify for me. He found and canniballized the parts from Rippers to serve as the bike's generator, thus he has no Rippers for items?

webbybubble:
There's a guide to board code around here somewhere...

The character was alright up until you mentioned the Cazador. Interesting idea, but you cannot right one of those damn things. They're light-weights, even the adults. Not fit to take riders for want of carrying weight issues and interference with wing motion and even breathing if they are like normal fly physiology. Only a LEGENDARY Cazador would have that power. And to that, I say no thank you.

Time Travelling Toaster:
Semi-mutent

Vikki seems okay.

JaceValm:
-Zoop-

This character is reasonable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From here on in, I'm only reviewing those I mentioned. NeuroticBabbler bowed out, though.

YES, there will be some manner of contact. I think I'll make a Group.

I say make a group. I've seen the OOC'ing get pretty out of hand. A chat group will also allow for quick and easy feud-defusing without affecting the RP.

Also, you can make group-wide announcements (with inbox notification!) when you need us all back together for something big.

So...so i'm not accepted?

leon558:

Didn't I already address your profile? I decided who was acceptable in profile and then AFTER that I have to decide who's in or not. Ya follow?

lacktheknack:
I say make a group. I've seen the OOC'ing get pretty out of hand. A chat group will also allow for quick and easy feud-defusing without affecting the RP.

Also, you can make group-wide announcements (with inbox notification!) when you need us all back together for something big.

Indeed and I've decided to, actually.

FalloutJack:

leon558:

Didn't I already address your profile? I decided who was acceptable in profile and then AFTER that I have to decide who's in or not. Ya follow?

lacktheknack:

Indeed and I've decided to, actually.

Oh, i'm sorry.I'm a bit slow these days after..the accident...

NAME: Vergil. Just Vergil.
RACE: Human (...PM'd FalloutJack for input.)

APPEARANCE: Average height, slightly muscled. Brown eyes, with black hair: Buzz Cut, and a goatee of awesome that puts Walter White to shame. Caucasian/Afrain-American: Lightly browned skin, essentially. Has intersecting scars across the top of his head, though he couldn't tell you where he got them, which is the same for the burns along his waist and left leg. (Laser burns?)

PERSONALITY: Chaotic Good. Ajax puts himself and his friends first. Anybody else can rot, though he may feel guilty about it later. Helps others when the need arises, though usually not without some kind of reward in exchange. Has strange, debilitating nightmares that ensure he gets very little sleep at all, and is somewhat claustrophobic (Avoids the HELL out of caves after that Cazador incident. *shudder*). He's generally friendly to anybody who isn't an enemy or otherwise hostile, including Mutants and Ghouls.

WEAPONS: An assault carbine, 9mm handgun (New Vegas-style), and a flare gun.

ITEMS: Armor=Reinforced leather armor (because it looks simply badass), a couple of stimpaks, and food/supplies to last two days.

PERKS/TRAITS/SKILLS: Good Natured, Rad Resistant (To the point of immunity), and Logan's Loophole.

TRANSPORTATION: Nothing except going by foot at this point. He'd love to find one of those old Highwaymen still functioning, but the odds of that are pretty slim. Generally finds his way using his trusty map he kept from his time as a Caravan guard.

LOCATION: Way The Hell Out There. (Possibly on a crash course with anyone who'd like to join up?)

Edit: Aww, hell. Missed the deadline, it seems.

FalloutJack:

Floris2123:
Brandon

Brandon seems okay now.

LFC Scouser:
-Nice Gig-

Gig looks good.

imacharginmehlaz0r:
Sergio

Okay, he seems in order.

OutcastBOS:
-Poke-

Clarify for me. He found and canniballized the parts from Rippers to serve as the bike's generator, thus he has no Rippers for items?

webbybubble:
There's a guide to board code around here somewhere...

The character was alright up until you mentioned the Cazador. Interesting idea, but you cannot right one of those damn things. They're light-weights, even the adults. Not fit to take riders for want of carrying weight issues and interference with wing motion and even breathing if they are like normal fly physiology. Only a LEGENDARY Cazador would have that power. And to that, I say no thank you.

Time Travelling Toaster:
Semi-mutent

Vikki seems okay.

JaceValm:
-Zoop-

This character is reasonable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From here on in, I'm only reviewing those I mentioned. NeuroticBabbler bowed out, though.

YES, there will be some manner of contact. I think I'll make a Group.

Yes, he has no working Rippers on him now. Maybe bits and pieces for spare parts, but that's about it.

FalloutJack:

Cut-off point.

Damn you class! I had a character in mind when I saw this earlier today, but haven't been able to write it down until just now. Oh well. Probably for the best, I can't guarantee I would be able to check in as often as I would need. Have fun everybody.

I'll bite...

the Name: "Uriah Abraham St. John, seventh son of a seventh son, born for good luck, y'know."

the Years: "Four score and...uh...*counts on fingers* twelve. At last count."

the Type: "The type that don't have children, lawd knows."

the Other Type: -EDITOR'S NOTE - Abe begins to recount a 'shaggy-dog' story, no conclusion on last interview.

the Looks: "m'wife told me I look just like someun' important, she never done said quite what that important thing was or coulda been, but like someun' who get up in the mawnin' n' goes n' does somethin' important, and that's what he does, that's him."

-EDITOR'S NOTE- In purely reference terms, the...individual...that is Uriah Abraham St. John is a man of average height and build, although age and the Wasteland have seen to considerable withering; he keeps to an altogether shabby appearance, but in a way that doesn't seem to recognise it, at time of interview he has chosen to attire himself in the remains of a formal shirt with a dark pinstripe, although it is clear to this reporter the extent to which this item has been modified, stitched together and decayed. He also wears a necktie, which, bizarrely, is clean and with a positive sheen to it, he has not yet elaborated on its origin. In addition, he wears a simple pair of brahmin-skin dungarees, and appears to walk barefoot, as the blistered and bruised state of his feet can attest to.
In addition, Abe seems to be lame in his right leg, and manages to walk at a reasonable pace with a wooden crutch, which has been 'decorated' by its owner with surprisingly finessed whittling technique.

the Man: "Well 'um, m'wife says I'm summn' of a collector, ah like to tinker, like to play, just like mah daddy, he was in the air services y'know. Folk used to come from all aroun', lawnmowers, radios, ah even fixed up a still in mah time heh heh heh *indecipherable rambling*

- EDITOR'S NOTE - To conform to pre-war mental health standards, Abe is delusional, possibly mental degradation due to overconsumption of illegal 'moonshine' pre-war, and simply to exposure post-war. However, Abe displays an inexplicable aptitude for mechanical repairs, at one point reputedly building his own generator powered by biofuels (the ingredients of which Abe will refuse to acknowledge the existence of, let alone disclose), however Abe disassembled the machine a matter of hours later and spent two to three weeks burying the individual parts in unrelated locations across the wasteland. He is reported to have undertaken this bizarre ritual with similar devices before, moving on to other areas, never to return. Few have spent a prolonged time with Abe, hence this report.

the Stuff -EDITOR'S NOTE - Abe is becoming reluctant to speak at this point, continuing to take long gulps from a plastic hipflask. To recount what are seemingly his only belongings, Abe currently owns nothing more than the clothes on his back (subject to change) and his crutch, although he (since this reporter's first encounter) has taken to keeping hold of found tools for short periods of time; indeed, his ornate crutch shows him to be of considerable artistic talent and manual dexterity with a knife or chisel, although this skill doesn't seem to carry beyond this one item.
"...but another thing mah daddy taught me was how to set about huntin', my daddy was a expert at survivalin'; why, when he heard about them big rockets in Cuba he went into the woods out back of the schoolhouse and lived for two months offa nothin' but berries an' rainwater, you shoulda seen mah momma's face when the county ranger dragged him back into town ah..."
-EDITOR'S NOTE - Abe cuts his sentence short and proceeds to gaze wistfully into the air, he presently doesn't respond to cajoling to continue the conversation.

the Things of note: - EDITOR'S NOTE - I shall compile these in list form:
"ABE'S 'SHINE" - as previously stated, it seems Abe has considerable knowledge when it comes to brewing liquor and alcohol products, this reporter has (wisely) not imbibed any of such concoctions, but reports prove Abe's unique brews to be popular with many inhabitants of the wasteland. Fatality rate and side effects are unconfirmed.

"ABE'S RESERVE LIQUOR" - According to report and local post-war folklore, Abe one brewed a particular recipe of alcohol product in great amount, somehow managing to repair and repurpose the production line of an entire post-war bottling plant. The aftermath of this apparent burst of ingenuity was, however, as short lived as his other 'projects', as reports tell of a 'controlled demolition' soon afterwards. It is not currently known how much of the brew was produced, nor where it is stored, but so far this reporter has learned that Abe seems to be able to resupply himself with the special liquor almost at will. Further research and fieldwork will be undertaken in the interest of the scientific community, as, in this reporter's opinion, Abe's reserve liquor may be the key to his unlikely prolonged survival.

A few more in brief: "FIXIT" - Abe can repair things. Some things, not all. He couldn't tell you how, or instruct you, but he can.

"HOBBLED" - as previously stated, Abe is lame in his right leg, an d walks with the aid of a crutch, therefore depriving him of the ability to run or move quickly.

"DOUBLE SIXES" - Given his prolonged survival, it seems Abe must have been remarkably fortunate to escape death in the unforgiving post-war wasteland; the extent of luck alone in his survival is yet to be determined.

the Place: Abe is a nomad with seemingly no natural direction, with a tendency to wander from place to place on a whim.

- REPORT CONCLUDES -

PEOPLE MAGAZINE, WASTELAND EDITION, ISSUE 0233

Include it or not, I just wanted to be creative.

(oh bollocks, missed it)

Well, I'm not certain I'll have the time to follow this (going back to college tomorrow), but I have a character idea banging about in my skull.

FalloutJack:

Cut-off point.

Awww... I missed it. Oh well. If you need an NPC fast feel free to use Wren, I won't kick up a fuss about it.

FalloutJack:
snip

I'm pulling out, I'm not going to be on the net much this week anyway...

Well, the group is made, we just need to wait for jack to add us to it. See you all there.

Dr. Crawver:
Well, the group is made, we just need to wait for jack to add us to it. See you all there.

I hope to be able to join ye there.

For whatever it may be worth I'd be very much in favour of including a bit more variety in characters.

We currently have a lot of cowboys and while those certainly fit Fallout and are essential characters to the mix a few totally different types will, in my opinion, add a lot to the RP.

I'd advice at the very least considering Abe and Wren. Especially Abe, I dig Abe. He's awesome. Fallout has a proud history of demented nutcases that must not be neglected.

Hagi:

Souplex:
Another NPC/character for someone who can't make a good character of their own.

The Mechanist can haz side-kick? Yes?

So... if anyone wants to play this guy, or any other robot, as an ally or side-kick that'd be freaking awesome.

I also look forward to perhaps meeting this Flash guy, looks like we might have a wild wasteland superhero league in the making...

Names people! We need names! The Vanquishers? The League of Extraordinary Wastelanders?

Got to say that the idea of two insane men and a robot who think they are superheros patrolling the wastes and fighting crime as a team sounds great to me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked