The Last Rose of May. (Referencing material)(Closed, Started).

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Viking Incognito:
-Snip-

Do you want to be the Sky Pirate that busted her out of the Republic?

If not, the offer is open to any others.

Here's the sheet anyway, can edit as need be.

Can arcane tattoos be read like a Tomb?

just checking but isn't it spelled Tome not Tomb is in Tomb raider?

Some of the things (Like committing the spell tome to memory) that haven't been quite set in stone can be altered and the character can still work, but its like the one spell tome so I figured it wouldn't break it too much. Let me know, I can always change it to a mini blow torch I suppose.

Let me know DM

Terratina.:
-Snip-

Viking Incognito:
-Snip-

If you guys are keen we could team up

Sargent Hoofbeat:

-Snip-

Terratina.:
-Snip-

Viking Incognito:
-Snip-

Sure, I'm keen. We'll discuss it on Skype or PMs. Skype or something like it if we need to do a three-way convo.

CpT_x_Killsteal:
just checking but isn't it spelled Tome not Tomb is in Tomb raider?

you are 100% correct.. WTF was i thinking.Lol

Sargent Hoofbeat:
Interested, give me a day for the character.

a few questions before I decide on the character
- deviating from the "Heaven Schematics" causes steam entities to go insane; Myth or Fact? 'Spose it doesn't matter, I can use what information you've put there.
- The republic is chaos incarnate? yes or no (and if yes, is there a bit of subtext there ;P?)
- ... I dunno, I kind of want a feeling of the different cultures, I mean we have 4 empires, the republic (right? three of them are at war aren't they or are they occupied?) and the sky pirates. Are you cool if we make some stuff up or do you have an idea as to the sort of culture that they have?
- Do elementalists have a specific affinity, and if so is is based on their empire or are they able to use all of the elements.

- Fact, reason unknown. Believed to be the work of Chaos.
- They are not Chaos incarnate. Their leaders have been corrupted by Kith. They betrayer who felled the king of Ashhelm is the leader and in service to Kith (We don't know about her). The people are just like anyone else, but have been swept up by a silver tongue spouting nationalistic whooos.
- For the culture of the republic I was thinking something more Nazi-esk or Fire Nation-y (Avatar). The other nations are like Victorian era England. But thats just the faces I've slapped on. Specifics are certainly to have quirks and such.
Sky Pirates are pirates and they're a mix of every nation, so a culture clash and their own of whatever you feel like.
-And theres only 3 Empires left, two are now dead and overran.
-Elementalists are not affected by their nations affinity, the affinity has to do with the gods. See the magic section for them, (Fire, ice, lightning spells).

CpT_x_Killsteal:
Snip

The geometric shape would be close to a long diamond shape. But of course it is much more diverse than that. Simply the four compass would give you a diamond shape at the four farthest pieces of the continent.

Thoughts on my sheet and others'?

Sargent Hoofbeat:

Originally a stock standard model 32/6 revolver manufactured by Masterson Armaments. Kalley has ripped it apart and almost completely redesigned it; the only thing that is recognisable is the ammo cylinder. The hammer has been modified to use the recoil of the round fired to prime the next one, thus making the pistol semi-automatic. After she knocked it in its holster and shot herself in the leg she pioneered the safety mechanism.

I was under the impression that firearms hadn't advanced this far. I thought we were still in a time of muzzle loaders and rifling was a whole new thing. So, unless I'm wrong, the revolver has not been invented yet.

Terratina.:

Sargent Hoofbeat:

-Snip-

Terratina.:
-Snip-

Viking Incognito:
-Snip-

Sure, I'm keen. We'll discuss it on Skype or PMs. Skype or something like it if we need to do a three-way convo.

Just started working on a rough character sheet and was wondering if there was room for one more in this possible band of sky pirates? I was thinking of making him a fighter pilot if that works.

SkullKing84:
Can arcane tattoos be read like a Tomb?

No

Terratina.:
Thoughts on my sheet and others'?

Yours is fine, might need slight adjustment of dates once I have that rudimentary timeline up.

TheBlueShotgun0:

Sargent Hoofbeat:

Originally a stock standard model 32/6 revolver manufactured by Masterson Armaments. Kalley has ripped it apart and almost completely redesigned it; the only thing that is recognisable is the ammo cylinder. The hammer has been modified to use the recoil of the round fired to prime the next one, thus making the pistol semi-automatic. After she knocked it in its holster and shot herself in the leg she pioneered the safety mechanism.

I was under the impression that firearms hadn't advanced this far. I thought we were still in a time of muzzle loaders and rifling was a whole new thing. So, unless I'm wrong, the revolver has not been invented yet.

Ya your going to have to get a new gun I'm afraid. Other than that. Seems fine.

Tiger Sora:
-snip-

I hate to be pestery, but how does my new sheet look to you?

What are the exact limits on firearms? Are we stopping at flintlocks, or are cap-locks allowed?

Athol:
"he watched what was happening across the border in what was Ashhelm, and when Glorinst rose from its ashes, he waited for them to strike"

Just delete the first bit and maybe rewrite the 2nd and 3rd par and its fine.

SkullKing84:
Snip

You just want to make those tattoos regular tattoos and things are fine. Than as you said clean it us as you feel like it. The more spit and polish the better right.

To let you know true Sky Pirates are born in a chain of archipelagos called the Pirate Havens. They're to the south of the continent. This is where the vast majority of pirates are based out of. They're tropical and like the Caribbean. I plan to write up history on this place since we've so many people are vying for Sky Pirates.

JokerboyJordan:
What are the exact limits on firearms? Are we stopping at flintlocks, or are cap-locks allowed?

Flint, no cap. If I let guns be to powerful (Speed in this case) than the usefulness of swords and such dramatically decreases.

Alright, Character!

All done. If there's anything I need to change then just go ahead and tell me.

And what do you think Viking?

EDIT: v2

Sheet tweaked

Tiger Sora:

JokerboyJordan:

Flint, no cap. If I let guns be to powerful (Speed in this case) than the usefulness of swords and such dramatically decreases.

Perfectly understandable.

I hope to give you a sheet soon, once I decide on my character.

Tiger Sora:

Ya your going to have to get a new gun I'm afraid. Other than that. Seems fine.

But it is so cool... oh well

Modified now to use a flintlock pistol

I spent some time looking at this thread, thinking "hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a character like this! If I was on it, I would be that guy." And then, before I knew it, I'd written 850 odd words about him in Word. "What have I to lose?", I thought.

So here he is.

And yes, those pictures were all done by me in MS Paint. Sorry about that.

I hope there aren't too many things I need to correct. Thanks for considering.

EDIT: Now updated to latest version of character (in line with post 92).

Athol:
snip

I know it's not exactly what's in the picture, but coach guns didn't exist until the mid 19th century, what's in the spoiler is most likely blunderbuss, which is single shot.

CpT_x_Killsteal:
snip

Whilst having a second character may not be OP, I'd recommend one be committed to writing them as an actual character, as if you wanted a familiar there is the option of having your own Steam Man.

And to post an image, use [ img] [link here] [ /img] without the spaces.

Also, I know the GM hasn't commented, but I didn't know that it was okay to make up lore/magic.

JokerboyJordan:
snip

Blunderbuss has a flaired barrel (better for fast relaods) were as the coach gun is more like a short double barrled musket. I did an img search for flintlock coach guns and that piture came up (and I've seen a coach gun that looked very similar to that in person).

While, as a former cav soldier, it would make sense for Marc to have blunderbuss, I was just going to pass it off as a gun he 'aquired' after becoming a pirate.

Tweaked. Just a little bit.... :P (added a pic)

Poor @Viking Incognito, He's getting roped into everything.

Sargent Hoofbeat:

I kinda feel bad...I got talking to him on Steam, and because I was reworking my sheet I asked if I could tie it to his, he said yes, I made a note of that when I reposted it...and now this. I can't help but feel a little responsible.

Athol:

Sargent Hoofbeat:

I kinda feel bad...I got talking to him on Steam, and because I was reworking my sheet I asked if I could tie it to his, he said yes, I made a note of that when I reposted it...and now this. I can't help but feel a little responsible.

Yup, its all your fault you monster

And almost everyone is a Sky Pirate Mercenary. Not that that's a bad thing though; I know we all loved firefly.

DM, if this is becomes an issue I'll change my character to be in the High Guard, but I'd like some PCs to play off. So holla at me if you want to make a Hipereon Squad or something; Full Metal Jacket is up there too.

Incidentally DM; Steam Punk Electric Guitars? Creedence Clearwater Revival? no?

Sargent Hoofbeat:

DM, if this is becomes an issue I'll change my character to be in the High Guard, but I'd like some PCs to play off. So holla at me if you want to make a Hipereon Squad or something; Full Metal Jacket is up there too.

Hipereon Squad? What?
I'd go for that! It'd fit my character (Tostundir) perfectly.

Tiger Sora:
snip

Just wondering if my sheet is ok.

JokeyBoyJordan pointed out that making up inputing lore or magic might not be a good idea but I'd like a comment from you about it if you dont mind. I can take away the familiar type character if you like though. Or make it less involoved.

Well as far as I'm concerned with Viking, if he's got any problems with my character then I'll change it or remove it; it's fine by me.

Besides, personally I always enjoy characters who knew each other and have pre-established relationships.

I think i might submit another character. A non-Pirate one, though nothing wrong with a group of pirates (indeed i do love Firefly). I'd just like to throw in some diversity.

Either one who makes it in would be fine... if either makes it into the RP.
It'll be up tonight.

CpT_x_Killsteal:
Snip

Pppfffffffhhhhhh, may as well begin at the top. 1st, the magic, light, dark and elemental (Which is Fire, ice, and lightning. All elementalists can use these based on power. See spell list, they're in order by power). No such thing as earth magic. Revise please.

No such thing as enchanting for us mortals, the gods and demons yes. The closest thing is spirit binding to a steam man machine. And only a highly experienced magically adept person with years of training can preform such a task.

Can turn into a white furred camiro to fight and is as nimble as a cat while still being incredible strong and fast even for a camiro. When travelling she usually takes this form. When in her camiro form she can also communicate via mind-link with Garen.

Call me as blunt as a club, but no.

I'll allow everything else though. Await final results sometime next week / weekend. I'm not going to be rushing into this.

Fishtie:
Alright, Character!

[spoiler]Snip

Sheet is A-O-K

Possum TheGreat:
I spent some time looking at this thread, thinking "hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a character like this! If I was on it, I would be that guy." And then, before I knew it, I'd written 850 odd words about him in Word. "What have I to lose?", I thought.

So here he is.

[spoiler=Tostundir Axela]Snip

Your characters fine to.

Tiger Sora:

CpT_x_Killsteal:
Snip

Pppfffffffhhhhhh, may as well begin at the top. 1st, the magic, light, dark and elemental (Which is Fire, ice, and lightning. All elementalists can use these based on power. See spell list, they're in order by power). No such thing as earth magic. Revise please.

No such thing as enchanting for us mortals, the gods and demons yes. The closest thing is spirit binding to a steam man machine. And only a highly experienced magically adept person with years of training can preform such a task.

Can turn into a white furred camiro to fight and is as nimble as a cat while still being incredible strong and fast even for a camiro. When travelling she usually takes this form. When in her camiro form she can also communicate via mind-link with Garen.

Call me as blunt as a club, but no.

I'll allow everything else though. Await final results sometime next week / weekend. I'm not going to be rushing into this.

Ouch that hurt. Kinda like a club to the stomach. Uleth is the Earth kingdom correct? I kinda assumed that earth was an element therefore part of elemental magic >.>
In anycase I might revise him quite a bit and get rid of Dreyard. seeing as the only RP I've ever been involved in was a WAOA rp, playing with a familiar/character who is fiancee might be a little difficult for me to grasp anyway.

I'll edit him soon.

CpT_x_Killsteal:
[Snip

Well sorry for doing so, figuratively.

Was just in a more get to the point mood. All day trying to motivate myself to check the sheets and write more history and such. And I only did the first bit.

Tomorrow should be a good day to do so though, provided my old man isn't planing anything. (Holiday tomorrow).

Tiger Sora:

CpT_x_Killsteal:
[Snip

Well sorry for doing so, figuratively.

Was just in a more get to the point mood. All day trying to motivate myself to check the sheets and write more history and such. And I only did the first bit.

Tomorrow should be a good day to do so though, provided my old man isn't planing anything. (Holiday tomorrow).

Ah np. I know how you're feeling all to well lol. I'll await your next history segment then. Depending on what it is I might just write a whole different character, or maybe change his nationality.

Terratina.:

Sargent Hoofbeat:

-Snip-

Terratina.:
-Snip-

Viking Incognito:
-Snip-

Sargent Hoofbeat:

Some of the things (Like committing the spell tome to memory) that haven't been quite set in stone can be altered and the character can still work, but its like the one spell tome so I figured it wouldn't break it too much. Let me know, I can always change it to a mini blow torch I suppose.

Let me know DM

Terratina.:
-Snip-

Viking Incognito:
-Snip-

Hey sorry for responding so late, I was busy. Whats this about teaming up?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked