Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

"Yes, you're a member of my guard now. i can't be protected by just a guardswommen in mere tissue thin armor, now can i?" She said with a smirk on her face then turned to the techpreist and spoke in high gothic.
"The armor is removable after the procedure, correct?" she asked him. "And beautiful work on the armor as well."

"I heard it was a miracle born of extreme faith, and while I have the utmost respect and admiration for the Emperor, 'faith' was never really drilled into me, we're not part of the Ecclesiarchy after all." Urd said as they finally found a table and both soon took a seat. "Oh well." Urd then added as she went off to find some food.

"Perhaps it is a mixture of both then, or the same thing told from different perspectives. Information such as this certainly does find a way of getting lost in translation. Regardless, I think you would look good with a pair of those wings. Perhaps there is a way to obtain something similar. Maybe we will find an answer to that question whilst on this journey." Dante remarked as he joined Urd in looking through the food that was on offer.

"The armor is removable after the procedure, correct? And beautiful work on the armor as well."

Anthony nodded at her and spoke in High Gothic "Assuming the proscribed implants take correctly and the machine spirit is made compliant. The armour can be detached from her flesh by personnel trained in the procedure with the correct tools on hand."

"Good. We should work on making that doable by the user of the suit or a portable, mechanized system in the future. We're no longer members of the Imperium from what i've been able to gather." she said to him in high gothic. Then the Inquisitor in training turned to Lith with a smile.

"If you're ready and willing, then there's an oporating room down the hall waiting for you to begin the implant procedure. I also just checked with our Good Tech preist here, the suit is removable after you put it on, it's just not something you can do on a whim though." she commented.

While Solara and the techpriest talked, Lith inspected her new armour. Tracing a hand across the suit, she tried to quell her nervousness and excitement. By the Emperor! I can't believe this is real... After admiring the armour, a thought struck her. Unholstering her laspistol, she attempted to fit it into its hand, and was disappointed to find it didn't fit.

"If you're ready and willing, then there's an operating room down the hall waiting for you to begin the implant procedure. I also just checked with our Good Tech priest here, the suit is removable after you put it on, it's just not something you can do on a whim though."

Looking at Solara as she spoke, Lith had to fight the urge to kiss her again. "We might as well get on with it then...and as for removal, well since we're diving head first towards a Daemon World, it might be a while before I chance to take it off." Looking to the techpriest, she bowed again. "I have a couple of small requests if I may sir? Firstly, I would like a bolter. Lasweapons are fine, but only truly effective in massed fire...something in which we are lacking; and second, if possible, I'd like the grips of my chainsword, and laspistol modified to fit the armour. They are tokens of a man I deeply respected, and I would like to still carry them into battle."

"long as it doesn't involve demon possession or Tyranid infestation, we could try it. Going to need all the help we can get for this trek" Urd said as she loaded up a plate

Solara spoke to him in High Gothic "Good. We should work on making that doable by the user of the suit or a portable, mechanized system in the future. We're no longer members of the Imperium from what I've been able to gather."

Not part of the Imperium?
A puzzled look on Anthony's face would have been noticeable if it wasn't covered in armour.
In High Gothic he spoke to her "After the operation we'll need to speak."

Solara spoke to the Guardswoman in Low Gothic "If you're ready and willing, then there's an operating room down the hall waiting for you to begin the implant procedure. I also just checked with our Good Tech priest here, the suit is removable after you put it on, it's just not something you can do on a whim though."

Lith looked at Solara and spoke "We might as well get on with it then...and as for removal, well since we're diving head first towards a Daemon World, it might be a while before I chance to take it off."

Then guardswoman turned and bowed to him before speaking "I have a couple of small requests if I may sir? Firstly, I would like a bolter. Lasweapons are fine, but only truly effective in massed fire...something in which we are lacking; and second, if possible, I'd like the grips of my chainsword, and laspistol modified to fit the armour. They are tokens of a man I deeply respected, and I would like to still carry them into battle."

Anthony thought over the requests for a moment and spoke in Low Gothic "The Astartes onboard have already taken any bolts compatible with their bolters, and the Sisters of Battle took any that were left here. There is a Bolter in my workshop, I can give it to you. However beyond a few onboard ammo caches I've located, I cannot guarantee you much in terms of ammunition."

He thought for another second and spoke again "I have a plasma rifle rated for power armour available that I can supply energy for if you're interested. And your existing weaponry can be modified to accommodate the bulk of your armour."

"Long as it doesn't involve demon possession or Tyranid infestation, we could try it. Going to need all the help we can get for this trek." Urd said as she was busy loading up a plate with food. This caused Dante to think back when he was still in his Imperial Regiment, the 13th Arcadian Shadowhawks. They had dealings with the Deathwatch, especially because of all the Xenos technology, that the regiment had been able to recover over the years. In return for the Deathwatch gaining first access to research rights, the regiment could benefit from some of the equipment.

It was how Dante was able to acquire the Singing Spear he now used. Apparently their were more interested in the Eldar vehicles used in the battle, as their research into anti-vehicle munitions were severely lacking, lacking in an effective countermeasure against the wraithbone which was used.

"Indeed, we're going to need every bit of help we can find. It is a pity though that we are not back within my regiment, as I think there was a piece of Xenos technology that may have served our purpose perfectly. If I recall it was a pair of wings from the Eldar that functioned like a Jump Pack; it belonged to an airborne infantry unit known as the Swooping Hawks. By the Emperor they were a majestic sight, such, such colorful feathers, it was like a work of art." Dante said with a smile as he finished gathering some food and made his way back to the table.

" If I recall it was a pair of wings from the Eldar that functioned like a Jump Pack; it belonged to an airborne infantry unit known as the Swooping Hawks. By the Emperor they were a majestic sight, such, such colorful feathers, it was like a work of art."

Urd thought about this "Sounds like those would work, so long as the colors are changeable, I've always liked Hawks, so I'd like something like that" she said shoving a piece of meat in her mouth "Not to sound picky or anything" still thinking about these Xeno wings "The retooling of gear would be tricky though, Eldar and Imerium tech is different as Human and Chaos Demon, still, it's an attractive idea."

"Sounds like those would work, so long as the colors are changeable, I've always liked Hawks, so I'd like something like that." Urd said as she shoveled a piece of meat into her mouth. "Not to sound picky or anything... the retooling of gear would be tricky though, Eldar and Imperium tech is different as Human and Chaos Demon, still, it's an attractive idea." Dante sighed as the realization hit him.

"Indeed, the myriad of ways in which a piece of equipment is constructed, will often cause incompatibilities to when trying to integrate two different, yet similar pieces together." Dante remarked as he ate some meat and a few fruits he picked up from what was available. He thought for a moment before an idea came to him. "Hmm, perhaps if we were to consult the Techpriest with this topic of discussion, he may be able to shed some light on how it could be achieved." He added, his mood have been brightened by the idea.

"So, is there something else you wish to talk about?"

She thought for a second, weighing her options. While the bolter would be preferable...the whole not exploding without warning was a big plus, the limited ammo made it a bit of a liability. Her mind made up, Lith bowed to the techpriest. "If it's okay with you sir, I'll risk the plasma gun...where we seem to be headed we'll need all the firepower we can get."

After a few deep breaths to steady her rising heart rate, she looked at the priest again. "I am ready to begin the procedure at your discretion sir."

"I am ready to begin the procedure at your discretion sir."

Anthony looked at Lith and spoke "Follow me."
He left the room with her following him. They stopped at the end of the hall and he approached a door, a small dendrite extended from his palm into a locking mechanism on the door. It opened a moment later.

The interior of the room was sterile white and smelled strongly of counterseptics. Several of the medicae staff were present (some of which had been involved in the previous operation on the guardswoman), as well as a few of the surviving tech priests. The only thing out of the ordinary in the operating room was a smashed picter device attached to ceiling.

Anthony led Lith into the room and onto the operating table in the center of the room. He placed a mask over her mouth which began pumping knockout gas into her. After she had passed out, one of the medicae personnel personnel injected her with a sedative and anesthetic to make sure her body stayed compliant during the operation.

"We can begin" A long thin Dendrite with what appeared to be a glow globe on the end of it slid out of his robes.

~~~
The guardswoman was stripped, shaved, and scrubbed before being moved back onto the operating table and cut open.
~~~
An hour later, the visible evidence of the guardswoman's operation that would remain was the eight metal plugs on her back around her spine, some thin scars on various parts of her body, and the metallic binary mark tattooed to the back of her head.
~~~
She was pumped with vitae and clothed in a black, rubber like substance that covered everything except her head and the plugs. Her unconscious body was moved to a padded chair and left to recover while the room was cleaned.
~~~
It could be hours before she recovered.

Anthony's dendrites retracted and he left the room. He grabbed some supplies from the armoury, as well as the guardswoman's weaponry and walked backed to his workshop. He sent one of his servoskulls to fetch Solara while he worked to ready the equipment.

Solara saw the servitor and knew what its duty was. She fell in step behind it and followed it back to where Lith was. Solara kneeled down and took lith's right hand, holding it in her own. "Wow.... i don't know if you can hear me or not, but you're strong. You have more will than i do Lith, i want you to stay strong and use that will." she said with a smirk on her face, then stood up and followed the servitor to the Techpriest.

"So, you wanted to speak to me, i can only guess as to why. Which would ofcourse be my comment about not belonging to the imperium anymore. I could offer you an explanation if you so desire." she said to him in high gothicc.

Anthony turned as he heard the door open and saw Solara enter. As she began to speak he used his dendrites to lower his hood and remove his helmet. Before he replied he removed the rebreather device from his mouth. His skin was pale and his head lacked any noticeable mechanization except for the eyes. His three viridian eyes.

He breathed in some oxygen which his mechanical lungs proceeded to purify and distribute. Then he spoke in Low Gothic "It would be better to speak in the commoners tongue now, there is more clarity in it's flexibility, nomatter how much it mutates away from the tongue of the angels." He paused "I need an explanation and I need a reason for my more aware colleagues to not mutiny."

"We are all perfectly good soldiers that can sacrifice our lives to the emperor for a purpose, to help mankind take back space, but we're not doing that. We're being sent to our deaths into the eye of terror. Now you tell me what possible business a battlebarge has going into the eye of terror, alone of all things to add to it. it's suicide in statistics, logic and even gut feelings. What part of this mission's goals make sense? what goals are even set other than fly into the eye of terror?" she asked him, taking in the Techpreist's pale features.

"We were sent out here to die. Short and simple." she finished.

Anthony sighed "I figured as much, and I'd suggest you'd keep that to those you trust."

"But they wouldn't have been kind enough to imply an exile into certain death if they were using words such as Traitor and Heretic. If they had decided we were guilty, they would have loaded us onto cargo ships, breached the hull to expose us to the void, and bombarded the remains with high intensity plasma until they were sure nothing was left..."

"The way back will expose itself eventually and thinking in renegade terms now will make it problematic to survive any afterward."

"Well, i'm thinking of practicality and survivability, something that no one has done since before the horus heresy, in man kind's golden age." She explained her thinking to him.

"Now if they did that to us, it'd creat suspicion which means they would kill those and it'd create a chain until things calmed down. However, if they send us on a suicide mission, we will have died in the name of the emperor and will not have tarnished our respective group's names in anyway. Everyone comes out prestigious and honorable while we die in space." The Inquisitor in training explained to the techpreist infront of her.

She turned away from him and made her way to the door. "I don't ask you to agree with me Techpriest, but the entire group needs you. You're extremely valuable and as payment for your services and as an act of good faith to trust in you; you may use and reproduce any technology you coe across on the ship with my sanction to back you up. If you wish to continue speaking with me, i shall be waiting for my guardess to awake. Good day." she said with a nod and walked off to Lith's location, sitting by her once more.

After the child left, Anthony gulped down a vial of counterseptics, before pulling his rebreather back on and putting his helmet back on. He triggered his armour's sonic cleansers and got back to work.

She had missed the point... And she gave nothing to reassure the other adepts.
She thinks she understands the Imperium more than me.

The cleansers finished their work and he got up, he put the modified weapons on the rack and grabbed the plasma rifle from one of the workbenches. A set of black plates covered it's pulsating core, and the barrel had been extended. In the bottom middle of the extension an eternally spinning obsidian gyroscope device was visible.

He moved back to his primary workshop and got to work tuning it.

Why did she say guardess?

The memories came fast and in no real order. Images of her earlier childhood were mixed with thoughts from her life in the Guard, sights and sound clashed and blared, her mind was in bedlam.

I don't know if you can hear me or not, but you're strong. You have more will than I do Lith, I want you to stay strong and use that will."

Quiet words drifted over the chaos, stilling it. The world ebbing into a warm, comforting darkness, and she slipped into a deep sleep.

An hour or so past, and Lith slowly regained consciousness, to find Solara beside her. "We've really got to stop meeting like this...it'll give people ideas." Chuckling at her joke, she then let out a low groan as her body protested to the recent rough treatment it'd been receiving over the past while. "Uhgg...that's getting old real fast." She muttered. Taking a moment to collect herself, she stood and stretched. "Well enough of that." She said to Solara. "Let's go see just how big a shit pile we're about to land in....and maybe something to eat."

Winking at her companion, and not bothering to wait for her, Lith first took off back to the Armoury to get her new armour, and retrieve her old weapons. She saw the plasma gun there waiting for her as well, but figured it be best not to lug the temperamental weapon about the ship until it was needed...she'd seen what happens when they failed.

After finishing his work and realizing that the ship would probably be arriving at its destination soon, Anthony walked through the barge, with all his weapons on him gleaming with polish. His servitors had been readied and his colleagues understood the situation as he did.

He had to make peace with the situation, or he might lose it.

He could feel the glow of the ship as he walked, he had no idea how compromised its spirit was so he shunned it and its current, it was a technological beauty but it couldn't be trusted anymore. He walked into the armoury and pulled a hand flamer from one of the racks, he attached that to one of the mag-holsters on his leg and pulled a melta gun from another one of the racks. It seemed functional and knowing where he was going he'd need it. He plugged one of the drites from his hand into it and saw its spirit, it was still loyal. He attached it to the second mag holster on his back and left the armoury.

He wandered through the corridors and eventually into the chapel.
Omnissiah preserve us from darkness in these coming times.
He offered this prayer and began meditating amongst the few still in vigil there.

Solara headed to the cafeteria on the ship, grabbing two plates, one for herself and one for Lith, taking them to a table with re-enforced benches for them to sit on, considering each were in their armor.

While eating, Lunette floated in. yes, floated in. She hand't left her room for a few days and had been working out what was going on from there. The floating thing sort of came as second nature as she went and got a slab of meat, cooking it on the fire before bringing it over to a table by her lonesome. It was clear she wasn't alright, but she didn't seem too troubled.

Walking through the corridors of the vessel, Lith felt...powerful. She'd always been confident in herself, but after the surgeries, and getting fitted with this armour, she felt like she could take on anything...it was good. Lost in her reverie she didn't really notice where they were until Solara stuck a plate under her nose. "Mmm thanks lo..." She said, cutting herself off. Despite what had been said earlier, she knew there probably members of the surviving crew who would highly disapprove of their relationship, and she was in no mood for a distraction like that as they came to the daemon world.

As Inquisitor Lunette entered the room, Lith stopped eating. "Wow...I mean I sorta know what happened and all, but still...wow." She muttered.

Before Urd had a chance to respond, Dante caught sight of two figures entering the dining hall; one of them was clearly Solara, giving the appearance of her armour. But the other woman looked both different and familiar to him at the same time, it took a moment for the facial features to define themselves that Dante recognised who it was.

"Is that Lithian? By the Emperor it is. It appears that our friendly Cadian Guardswoman has been supplied with Power Armour, must say the look suits her, though I will miss the Guard uniform in some way, helped define who she was." Dante said to Urd as he looked across the room. He then continued to eat for a few moments, before noticing that Inquisitor Lunette floated into the room. Dante hadn't seen hide nor hair of her over the past few days, he occasionally could hear some faint mumbles as he passed by her chamber door, but dared not disturb her in case she was in the process of doing something important.

"And here comes our commanding officer now. Glad to see that she is back amongst the living." Dante remarked as he spoke aloud.

"Hope you don't mind darling, just going to see if the Inquisitor is alright, I mean we haven't seen her for a few days." Dante said quietly to Urd, as he gave a little kiss on her cheek, before taking what remained of his plate of food over to the table where Lunette was sitting.

"Permission to join you at the table Inquisitor? Figured you could do with the company." Dante asked politely.

Urd smiled as Dante gave her a peck on the cheek "Ok, I'll go see what Lith is up to" she said as Dante left. Urd grabbed what was left of her food and headed over to where Lith and Solora where sitting "Well look at you" she said slapping Lith on the shoulder "I'd ask who you killed, but I'm sure that's a long list, so I'll just say 'congrats, it looks good on you'" then turned to Solora "You did this didn't you? Good call, all things considered it's probably best every one get better gear." Urd commented.

"Yeah, i had to pull my strings, but for my new guard, nothing is too much." Solara said with a bit of a smile. "I' like to extend everyone's life expectancy, because we'll need it to stay alive. So if you find something on the ship that you'd like to have and use and isn't claimed by someone else, go ahead and take it." she explained.

Lunette was sort of woken out of her "autopilot" trance mode she was in. "Oh... where am i?" she said looking around and realizing she was in the cafeteria. "oh..." the inquisitor said looking down at her plate. "Well, i guess i'm here. But hello Dante." she said rather formally. "sit down, please. I've been... rather busy." she said to him, something in her tone of voice was off, but her spirit was too powerful to even sense anything in.

"Oh... where am I?" Lunette said in a confused state as she looked around the dining hall, obviously she wasn't aware beforehand were she was. "Oh..." The Inquisitor then said as she looked down at her plate, seeing the food was available. "Well, I guess I'm here. But hello Dante." Lunette said in a rather formal tone. "Sit down, please. I've been... rather busy." Dante then took a seat opposite her, and continued to eat the food that was left. There was a awkward silence between the two for a few moments before Dante decided to speak up.

"I see, guess that explains why you looked a little spaced out just now. Is there something on your mind Inquisitor? If it would help, you are welcome to talk to me about it; counselling of a sort was one of my duties to the Commissar Lord I was assigned to back in the Imperial Regiment I was apart of."

"Well look at you. I'd ask who you killed, but I'm sure that's a long list, so I'll just say 'congrats, it looks good on you.' "

Lith gave Urd a smile and a nod when she felt the hand on her shoulder. "Good to see you my friend." She responded. "You look good. I take it you and Dante kept yourselves...occupied the past little while?" The last comment was accompanied by a knowing smirk. "Yeah, I had to pull my strings, but for my new guard, nothing is too much." Placing a hand on Solara's pauldron, Lith winked at Urd. "Yeah, 'working' closely with the Inquisition does have its benefits."

Urd smirked at Lith's comment "More or less" she said as she sat by Lith. "Yeah, 'working' closely with the Inquisition does have its benefits." Lith said with a wink. "Oh? A spiffy new outfit and a promotion? How'd you rate eh?"

"So if you find something on the ship that you'd like to have and use and isn't claimed by someone else, but for my new guard, nothing is too much." Solora said, causing the gears to start turning in Urd's head, her eye's locking on Lith "I see ... Well thanks for the offer, but unless you have an extra set of wings like Lunette's, which I'm fixated on for some reason, an a pair of power swords no one's using, I'm good." Urd already piecing things together, but refraining from commenting.

Solara blushed at the conversation going on around her. Her entire face and cheeks turned cherry red from the whole ordeal. "It helps t-t-to have someone you can t-t-turn to in these times." she said, shrinking back into her suit.

"I appreciate it Dante. But it's hard..." she said and sat for a minute staring. "I haven't slept since the battle. Any time i close my eyes, i get plunged into a battle with Daemons over my own soul and presence in the warp. Some have spoken to me and tried to pass me onto their side, but i have resisted and defeated all that have come before me..." the inquisitor said to the psyker, having lost protection from the emperor.

"Oh? A spiffy new outfit and a promotion? How'd you rate eh?"

Lith's eyes gleamed in the light, and her lips curled into a most deviant smirk. "Most recently? I rated three 'ohs', a drawn out 'ahhh' with more than a few 'yes, yes, YES!'s thrown on top." Seeing Solara furiously blushing, her smirk broke out into an all out grin. Very carefully she brushed a few strands of Solara's crimson hair across her cheek. "Amazing...they're almost the same colour."

Seeing Solara trying hide inside her armour, Lith's smile softened. "Aww, you really are new to this sorta stuff aren't you? You should be lucky I'm being so polite then...you'd probably burst into flames if you heard the usual barracks talk."

"I appreciate it Dante. But it's hard..." Lunette said as she simply sat there for a minute staring. "I haven't slept since the battle. Any time I close my eyes, I get plunged into a battle with Daemons over my own soul and presence in the warp. Some have spoken to me and tried to pass me onto their side, but I have resisted and defeated all that have come before me..."

"Ah, the Daemons of Chaos invading your dreams are they? And turning them into nightmares. That is something I have had to deal with from time to time, though in recent days they have not been as troubling, they have become like an itch that you just can't scratch, a cut that for some reason takes a long time to heal, even if your using the best treatment." Dante said, as he closed his eyes for a moment to think, and began to gently drum his finger across the table.

"Perhaps, when you sleep, you should think of something that gives you a sense of fulfillment, a reason to keep going no matter the circumstances; something that empowers you with hope. Take for example, Solara. Are you not proud of her for how much she has accomplished in her life? To go from a frightened little girl, to being a powerful young lady who is the apprentice of a seasoned Inquisitor, that is quite some feat."

Urd smirked, and leaned around Lith to Solora "You wanna blow her mind? Next time, link you mind to her so she can feel what your feeling, you'll drop her like a rock, in the good way." she said giving a nod and a thumbs up. "Anyway, just be careful who you let know about this, some might get a little uptight about it." Urd said motioning to both of them, then paused and thought about "Well, maybe, not much else they can do to us I guess."

Solara had prettumuch disappeared into her armor, a nearby empty plate had become entangled in her warp field and covered the spot in her armor, her neck guard and hid her from site. Then a few can began getting crumpled,then being tossed about. They didn't hit either of the females because solara was aware of them. "You tease so much..." the muffled voice came from the suit of armor, embarrassed as it wasn't hard to tell from all of the activity around her.

"Yes, i'm proud of her... And i guess you're right about this. I need to have faith and confidence in her, to be proud of her and not afraid to let her become all she is capable of."Lunette said looking at Dante, then averted her eyes for a minute while thinking. Then the inquisitor looked up at him.

"Dante, have you ever had to swear in an inquisitor? And do you think your capable of it?" she said then got worried. "for future reference of course."

"Anyway, just be careful who you let know about this, some might get a little uptight about it."

Lith's good humour faltered for a moment. "If anybody tries to give us shit...well, they'll find out just why I've survived so long in the I.G." Her dark mood passed quickly though, watching Solara squirm was just too damned funny. Casually brushing aside the debris that was floating around, she reached into the armour slightly, and began playing with the vibrantly red hair. "You tease so much..." Leaning into the opening formerly occupied by Solara's head, she spoke softly. "Oh honey, like I said...I'm playing nice. Now why don't you come out of there?" Dropping her voice to a mere whisper she added. "If you don't I might just have to tell Urd all about finding out wither the carpet matched the drapes...in extreme detail."

"Yes, I'm proud of her... And I guess you're right about this. I need to have faith and confidence in her, to be proud of her and not afraid to let her become all she is capable of." Lunette said, her eyes looking away from Dante for a moment, obviously deep in thought. She soon looked back up at him. "Dante, have you ever had to swear in an Inquisitor? And do you think your capable of it?" Lunette's voice then changed to a worried tone. "For future reference of course."

"I see where this is going. But to answer your question, no, I never have had to perform such a rite; but I was around one time when my regiment received a visit from a travelling Inquisitor who brought their Acolytes along, for a reason I'm not exactly sure. But to answer the second question, it would depend on what was required of me..." Dante said, stopping for a brief moment to look over his shoulder to see Solara, who had retreated into her armour to hide from the suggestions that Urd and Lith were giving. He then returned to look at Lunette.

"...and the Inquisitor in training, to make sure it was performed successfully."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked