Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

"Well... i was thinking..." Lunette said then looked over at Solara and the others.

While in her turtle shell with Lith whispering into it, Solara bean to glow. Not of her own accord but for the reason that something was coming to her... like a vision. then she blacked out into this weird picture.

Dream world

IT was weird, as she was seeing two different versions of whatever it was.

One each were of the same place.

one was a large number of people led by a winged person, all advancing on some sort of a position. They got close before screaming started.

another small group advanced from the opposite direction, firing on the larger one.

It focused around the same person in each reality as she came to understand.

One was clad in heavy armor and the other was clad in lighter armor, but clearly showed more confidence in their attitude.

Things began to clear up as she discovered the one clad in heavy armor was crying, advancing slowly and shakily towards the winged one. Meanwhile, the lighter clad one was giving out calm orders, moving up firmly while firing.

The winged one and the heavy armor one came face to face, but the one clad in the bulkier armor went to pull the trigger, but fell to their knees in defeat as they submitted. The winged on then mercilessly took the bolter and blew off the submissive's head.

However, the lighter one came to battle with the winged person, fighting back and forth, sword against sword, blow for blow. It ended with the lighter clad one finally winning. The winged person on their knee's, looking up at the lightly clad one with a look of pride and regret.

Solara finally clicked who it was triumphing when she heard her own voice. "Sorry Mother..." she said and there was a bang.

Back on the ship.

Solara had fallen off of the bench and had awoken out of her trance. She was laying on her back as the shouting began "GET IT OFF!" she began to shout tearing at the armor encasing herself, slowly creaking and graoning came around the armor as her immense strength began to tear at the ancient joints in it.
"Get it off of me! i cannot wear this damned suit anymore!" she shouted in a blind fury at this point, tearing the chest plate off of herself and tossing it across the room, leaving the piece of metal embedded in the cafeteria wall. She began to rip at the pieces surrounding her limbs, tearing the suit of armor off of herself, ruining it in the process.

At this scene, Lunette had left the table without making so much as a vibration and was already infront of Solara, not wanting to get close to her. "SOLARA! CALM DOWN!" she shouted, trying to get over Solara's own frantic shouting.

Urd ducked out of the way when Solora started freaking and ripping her armor off herself, backing off and pulling Lith back as Lunette just appeared to try and get through to the young woman

As soon as Lith saw the physical glow she began to back off a bit. She'd been around long enough to know to keep back from psykers when they started to do strange things (like glow). She rushed over to Solara as she fell from her seat, when the young psyker awoke. "GET IT OFF!" The girl screamed as she tore at her armour with an inhuman strength. Only Urd's quick actions stopped Lith from getting pummelled by debris and flailing limbs.

"SOLARA! CALM DOWN!"

All of a sudden, Lunette appeared, trying to get through to her 'daughter', but from what Lith could see it was having no effect. Whatever was happening to Solara, it was cutting her off from the rest of them. Collecting her thoughts, Lith took a breath and moved towards Solara. She did her best to avoid the fragments of armour that were being flung about, but eventually a section caught her with a glancing blow. "MOTHERFUCKER" She swore as she got hit.

Getting to Solara, Lith placed a hand on her shoulder. "Solara...babe...what is it?" She asked, and was rewarded with an armour denting elbow to the chest. "Okay then...more force." Sitting behind Solara, she wrapped her legs around her waist, then pinned her arms across her chest in a power armoured hug. Limbs immobilized, Lith spoke into Solara's ear. "Solara it's me, Lithian...what's wrong? You need to calm down my love, you're going to hurt yourself." A thought struck her and she started to kiss Solara along her neck, knowing how much of an effect that had had on her before.

Solara began to calm down from her thrashing about, eventually just catching her breath. She began to blush again as Lith kissed her neck, her head becoming cherry red once more. "I... I... I... saw something... It was a vision. I need to speak with my mother..." she said looking up.

Thats when a floating Lunette came into her view. "I'm here... start talking." the inquisitor said looking down at her.

"Mother..." she said looking up at the inquisitor. After seeing all of what she had, she decided to just spill it. "If you can't tell by now, I'm with Lithian, we're partners and i love her." she said with a bit of worry.

"i don't care about that, you're my daughter and i love you either way. Now this vision, what did it tell you?" she asked.

Solara was a bit shocked at her mother's reaction to her telling them about her relationship. "Uh... i uhh...." she began, sort of trying to wrack her brain for what she needed to gather from the vision. "I... I can't rely on you or we're all going to die." she said, leaving a deafening silence in the room for a few good minutes.

"....I was actually coming over here to resign my position and let you take the lead. I needed to have faith in you..." she said, leaving it awkward.

Urd just stood by and watched, the announcement of her and Lith, she'd worked out on her own, Lunette resigning, that surprised her.

Even though Solara had said that Lunette wouldn't care about their relationship, it was still good to hear from the Inquisitor herself; it quelled her first instinct to try and flee for safety. Releasing Solara from her hold, Lith helped her to her feet while she and her mother talked.

"I... I can't rely on you or we're all going to die."
"....I was actually coming over here to resign my position and let you take the lead. I needed to have faith in you..."

This conversation was rapidly getting out of Lith's depth, so like any good guardswoman, she kept her mouth shut and waited for her superiors to tell her what the hell was happening.

"GET IT OFF! Get it off of me! I cannot wear this damned suit anymore!" Solara shouted out as she began to rip off pieces of her armour and hurling them across the room, a piece of which would have embedded itself into Dante's head had he not ducked underneath the table. He carefully moved towards the other table and to Urd.

The announcement of Solara and Lith being a couple was at first strange to Dante, but he began to realize the significance of what Lith was saying earlier, and it all started to make sense. Then came the announcement that Lunette was stepping down, and that Solara was to take her place.

"So this is why Lunette asked me if I had ever sworn in an Inquisitor before." Dante said to himself as he stood up to take a hold of Urd's hand.

"Are you alright Urd? Are you hurt in anyway?" Dante asked with a voice of concern.

"Are you alright Urd? Are you hurt in anyway?" Dante asked concern

"Yeah, I'm fine" Urd said, giving Dante's hand a squeeze and him a reassuring smile "What's going? I thought Solora was protecting Lunette." Urd asked, confused what was going on.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Urd said, giving Dante's hand a tight squeeze, then gave him a reassuring smile. "What's going on? I thought Solara was protecting Lunette." She then asked, confused as to what exactly just happened.

"I'm not entirely sure myself Urd." Dante said, taking a few moments to think things over. "But if I was to hazard a guess my dear, it is that whatever Solara saw in this 'vision' of hers, something which involved Inquisitor Lunette has scared her quite a bit; it would explain this outburst of unusual behavior."

"Good..." Solara said and looked around.

"Dante, if you would begin to get something up to swear Solara in as my replacement before we get to the planet, it would be much appreciated. Urd can help too if you'd like." She said then turned back to Solara. "So... Even after that outburst, you still want to replace me?" The inquisitor asked her daughter.

"Yes, more than ever." Solara replied.

"Ok, then go and get something appropriate to wear to your swearing in."

Solara looked down and saw what her mother meant. She had ripped off the sit and was now standing in just her underwear. She blushed and walked back over to Lith with a nod. she leaned against her encased partner and then looked up at her. "We... should get back to my room..." the girl suggested.

Swear in a new Inquisitor? What ever that vision was it must have been potent if Solora has lost faith in her mother. "What would I have to do? I've been there for swearing in new sisters back home but I doubt we have the same custom." Given that she'd never met an Inquisitor before all this began she wasn't up on their customs, but figured it was a rare opportunity, and the request could be considered an honor.

"We... should get back to my room..."

"Of course...allow me." Lith replied, scooping Solara up in her arms, she bowed to Lunette. "I'll have her dressed and back to you soon ma'am...and...I'm sorry." With that she strode off, at a brisk pace, effortlessly carrying Solara.

Her new powered armour made even just a quick walk go much faster, and within moments they were to Solara's quarters. Stepping into the room, Lith closed the door and set Solara down. "There's a good chance its waaay beyond me, but what did you see? In your vision does your mother...does she...does she lose the fight inside her?" She felt unclean for even asking such a thing, but it need to be said, she needed to hear the answer. Remember Lithian...a promise made is a promise kept.

"I don't know.. i couldn't tell who was what. All i know is that in one universe i die by her hands and in another i kill her. But, I don't want to find out if she's fallen or not. That's.... too much for me to handle..." she said and stripped down till she was wearing nothing, then began digging through clothing.
"I'd just like to drop the vision talk... How do you think black would look on me?" she asked, buried in a draw.

Lunette turned to Urd. "It doesn't need to be perfectly official and sanctioned looking. Just get the main hall looking nice. Remove a bit of the blood splatter. Maybe get a podium from somewhere. Just have it look nice for the girl, She deserves it." The inquisitor said.

"Dante, if you would begin to get something up to swear Solara in as my replacement before we get to the planet, it would be much appreciated. Urd can help too if you'd like." Lunette said as she turned back to Solara to see if the young lady was still ready to become her replacement. Eventually both Solara and Lith left the Dining Hall to sort out attire for Solara. Dante had this feeling that they might be in there for a while, given recent revelations; no matter, that would hopefully give everyone else more time to prepare.

Lunette then turned to Urd to answer a question that she was asked. "It doesn't need to be perfectly official and sanctioned looking. Just get the main hall looking nice. Remove a bit of the blood splatter. Maybe get a podium from somewhere. Just have it look nice for the girl, she deserves it."

"Alright then. Given the state of the Main Hall after the battle in there, we will likely need the help of the Servitors to handle clean up and general tidy of the area, seeing as how we want this ceremony to look respectful. We should also insist that what remaining crew we have left attend the ceremony also, otherwise it will look rather empty with just the five of us; and it may just inspire them to perform better under a new Inquisitor." Dante said as he began to think over what would need to be done.

"Also, before we leave, is there any specific documentation or form of protocol required to make sure it is done correctly; and is there a specific form of dress code we need to adhere to?" He then asked Lunette.

"Just make your Armor look respectable Dante. Full combat uniform for everyone, unless the injured who attend cannot wear it due to complications. But otherwise, all good ideas. You have my blessings to go through with it. and anything else you and Urd may want to do prior to planet side. Like any sort of commitments or something of the such. I've been single my entire life, so... bye." She said and flew off with a gust of wind and was out of the room within a second.

Urd's face flushed at what Lunette was implying "I'm a go clear the main hall a bit then" she said a bit flustered, and took off to help make the main hall a bit more presentable

Lith chastised herself as Solara talked. Yeah, that's just what she want to dwell on idiot! She thought, mentally slapping herself.

"... How do you think black would look on me?"

Sometimes, she couldn't help herself. "Well in my humble opinion." She said slyly. "You look fantastic the way you are right now...but if you insist on wearing something, then yes the black would look good. Maybe the one with the silver trim?"

"Just make your Armor look respectable Dante. Full combat uniform for everyone... And anything else you and Urd may want to do prior to planet side. Like any sort of commitments or something of the such. I've been single my entire life, so... bye." Lunette said, Dante looking a little confused at first as to what she meant by her words, but then the gears in his began to turn, and he realised that the Inquisitor must have known something was going on between him and Urd. The Inquisitor then flew out the room not a second later.

"Oh well, I guess if she knows, then there is not a whole lot we can do about it." Dante said to himself, realising that keeping the secret of the romance was no longer a viable option. He looked at Urd with a friendly smile, and saw that her face was flushed a rather nice shade of red. "I'm a go clear the main hall a bit then." She then took off in a flash, leaving Dante all by himself.

"Guess I better get moving, we don't know how much time we have left before planet fall. Think I'll go find a way of sending some Servitors over to help Urd with the clean up, though of course, I'll help as well with that. Perhaps I should have a word with the Techpriest, seeing as how he usually has several Servitors with him." Dante said to himself as he left the Dining Hall finally.

Solara was tearing clothing out of her draws and eventually, a pair of underwear accidentally fell on Lith's head. in the meantime, Solara had quickly gotten dressed.

Tossing the underwear onto the bed, Lith carefully placed her armoured hands on Solara's shoulders. "You look great." She said. "You just need to relax a bit. I know things have gone totally sideways, but we'll get through this...you know I'll follow you anywhere."

A slow mechanical buzzing filled the head of the techpriest as he prayed, pulling him out of his trance. It was an alarm of sorts, his servitors letting him know that something was trying to enter his workshop. He reluctantly left the chapel and walked back to his workshop.

He saw a man in a robe waiting outside the door. Anthony made the "subtle" action of resting his hand against his chainsword as he approached.

As he approached and saw the mans current he realized he was the psyker from earlier... his name was... his order was... he was an acolyte of Lunette Draco. He hadn't bothered to load records of the man into his engrams... but his name according to the earlier encounter was Dante and by all appearances he carried a singing spear.

"I assume you're looking for me."

Dante carried along the corridor until he arrived at a door with the symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus, thinking that this must have been the Techpriest's workshop, and not knowing that he secretly tripped an alarm. He waited with slight impatience, until he could hear a voice speak to him from behind.

"I assume you're looking for me." The Techpriest asked in a nonchalant manner as he arrived behind Dante.

"Indeed. I came here, because I am in need of your services noble Techpriest. You see, Inquisitor Draco has... assigned me with the task of preparing and organizing the ceremony to mark Acolyte Solara's graduation into a fully fledged Inquisitor; as Inquisitor Draco made mention of her retirement. We agreed that the ceremony should take place in the Main Hall, and the reason I came here is that we are needing of some Servitor assistance in cleaning the Hall to a respectable level." Dante said as he brought the Techpriest up to speed with recent events.

"Indeed. I came here, because I am in need of your services noble Techpriest. You see, Inquisitor Draco has... assigned me with the task of preparing and organizing the ceremony to mark Acolyte Solara's graduation into a fully fledged Inquisitor; as Inquisitor Draco made mention of her retirement. We agreed that the ceremony should take place in the Main Hall, and the reason I came here is that we are needing of some Servitor assistance in cleaning the Hall to a respectable level."

Incomprehensible thought processes, coupled with confusion over the concept of the child being elevated

"One Moment."

He walked past the psyker and slid a dendrite from his hand into an interface in the door.
It slid open and he walked up to a vox device on one of the tables inside, he flipped a switch on it and unleashed a binary cant through it.

Its rough translation would be "Inquisitor requests Servitors for cleanup in Main Hall."

He walked back out and the door closed behind him.

"I relayed the request to the other priests."
Sensing confusion coming on, he continued.
"I've been left in command of a majority of war models, therefore my retinue would be of little assistance."

"One Moment." Spoke the Techpriest, as he walked past Dante as a strange little device appeared from his hand, and into a interface on the floor. After a few moments it slid open, and the Techpriest walked up to one of the Vox communication devices on one of the small tables inside. Switching it on, he began to speak that only one of the Mechanicus could understand. He soon walked out and the door slid shut behind him.

"I relayed the request to the other priests." Dante had a look of slight confusion on his face, and it appeared that the Techpriest picked up on this. "I've been left in command of a majority of war models, therefore my retinue would be of little assistance."

"Ah I see, apologies for interrupting any task you were in the process of conducting. I just assumed you were in command of a variety of Servitor classifications, seeing as how I've seen you with some before, and logically thought that you were the most likely I could turn to for assistance in the matter."

Solara shrugged. "After these past few days, i don't care where i go. And i thank you for that Lith." she said and hugged the massive armor clad woman. "The dreams i've had in the past have shown me a massively dark fortress, not human in construction. I believe that's where we need to go. Just don't tell the others, since i'm not going to be letting them know i'm waging bets on many more visions or dreams." she said stepping back and letting go of the hug.

"I don't know what it is, but i feel that we'll be needed to go there." she said admittedly.

"Ah I see, apologies for interrupting any task you were in the process of conducting. I just assumed you were in command of a variety of Servitor classifications, seeing as how I've seen you with some before, and logically thought that you were the most likely I could turn to for assistance in the matter."

"After the incident three days ago, most of our resources were converted to better meet expectations."

He paused as a puff of incense left a tube on his shoulder.

"Do you require any further assistance?"

"Glad to be of service." She replied with a wink. There was so much she wanted to say, but words had never been Lith's strong suit, and so they stalled before they made it to her lips. Instead she just gave Solara her lopsided smile. "I guess we should get back...the others might think I'm holding you up." She said, with a raised eyebrow.

"After the incident three days ago, most of our resources were converted to better meet expectations." The Techpriest said, pausing for a brief moment as a puff of smoke emanated from a tube on his shoulder; the scent of it briefly reminded Dante of some incense he used to burn to help with meditation and focusing his abilities, back when he was in the Shadowhawks regiment.

"Do you require any further assistance?" He then asked. Dante stopped to think for a moment.

"There are a couple of things that you could possibly help me with. The first of which is rather simple; if you happen to come across any Guardsmen hanging about with not much else to do whilst you are carrying out your duties, tell them that under Inquisitor Draco's orders they are to attend the ceremony, as it may inspire them to do better.

Full combat uniform for everyone who shows up, unless they are injured in someway that may cause complications. Secondly, and this may sound like an unusual request, but you wouldn't know of anywhere on this ship that might have a podium we could borrow with the intention of returning?"

"Secondly, and this may sound like an unusual request, but you wouldn't know of anywhere on this ship that might have a podium we could borrow with the intention of returning?"

"Understood... and assuming it wasn't taken, there should be a lectern in the briefing room next to the main barracks, one floor down. With a disassembled podium in the storage room across from it."

"Understood... and assuming it wasn't taken, there should be a lectern in the briefing room next to the main barracks, one floor down. With a disassembled podium in the storage room across from it." Dante made a mental note of the directions given, not wanting to be found constantly saying them so he wouldn't forget.

"Thank you for your assistance in this matter. I must be off now, plenty of other things to do in order to get everything prepared on time. I do hope you'll be able to attend, it'll be good to have members from different facets of the Imperium. Good day to you." Dante said with a respectful bow, before turning off down the corridor, heading towards the nearest elevator that he could find.

By the time Urd got to the main hall Seritors where already cleaning the place up so she leaned against the wall out of the way and watched, her thoughts drifted a bit, not really sure what to think of anything that had just happened.

"Thank you for your assistance in this matter. I must be off now, plenty of other things to do in order to get everything prepared on time. I do hope you'll be able to attend, it'll be good to have members from different facets of the Imperium. Good day to you."

The psyker bowed to him and walked away.

The priest watched him walk away, making sure he actually left, still not sure whether to trust the man or shoot him.
He checked the lock on his door and walked back to the chapel, intent on praying until the ceremony began.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked