Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

The dining hall echoed as she stepped out with a tray of "food" in hand. The meal was interesting to say the least but it fulfilled its need as nourishment.

"Lead me back." Leoni commanded and the servitor obeyed. The ship was simply massive and was more akin to a gigantic castle rather than a spaceship. She momentarily thought back to a platform in near the space port. Her father carried a young Leoni in his arms and pointed his ship, a battle cruiser. Imperial ships are notorious for their enormity and to a young Leoni, it looked like a planet.

"Anyone know if this ship has a library, and if so where is it? I would like to compare my notes with whatever I can get my hands on."

Leoni snapped back to reality as heard a voice asking for the directions for the library. The ship is huge and imperial so it would have a library. Leoni approached the man and he looked like an inquisition member by his clothes.

"I don't know where it is but this servitor should." Leoni said to the man. "Servitor, lead us to the library." The servitor beeped in acknowledgment and began leading them towards the library."

"I too wish to peruse the library's works. They help me think better before battle. Are you an acquaintance of Inquisitor Lunnette? Both of you are in the inquisition are you not?"

"Well then, by all means let's continue that tradition." Lith replied, motioning for Urd to lead the way. "As for his brother in arms...save him, and we shall toast to our victory at the end of this." By now the whisky was starting to work and Lith swayed slightly as she moved down the hall, her armour still tucked under her arms. "By the way I've been meaning to ask...just where are you from?"

Dante watched as Urd and Lith made their way out of Inquisitor Draco's room, both looking as though that had consumed a fair bit of some rather strong liquor, judging by the way they were both swaying out of the room. A brief chuckle escaped his lips as thoughts of what might happen entered his mind, suffice to say it was interesting. He then gave Solar a passing look as he made his way over to her.

"Well, it looks like they will be taking some time to recuperate after the effects of the alcohol has worn off." Dante lead his spear next to a wall, then joined Solar as she watched the Inquisitor sleep peacefully. His tone then switched to one of concern, but also reassurance.

"Don't you worry Solar, I'm sure she'll be okay, I have faith in her. All we can do now, is wait."

"I too wish to peruse the library's works. They help me think better before battle. Are you an acquaintance of Inquisitor Lunnette? Both of you are in the inquisition are you not?"

"I am Interrogator Lodrig Jarlson under the tutelage of Inquisitor Carlow of the Ordo Hereticus." Lodrig said proudly. "I haven't met Inquisitor Lunnette before. Never heard of her before either.

After pausing for a moment he said. "You are a member of the Adepta Sororitas." It wasn't a question more of a statement. "I assume you've had plenty interaction with the Inquisition, but have you met Inquisitor Lunnette?"

"By the way I've been meaning to ask...just where are you from?"

"i am from Fenris" Urd said proudly as she lead the way to her quarter "fifth consecutive member of my blood line to be a member of The Daughters of Russ" thinking a moment "though since we never leave Fenris i would not be offend if you haven't heard of us" she added

"what of you? where are you from?" she asked, walking remarkable straight given who much alcohol she's had already, to say nothing of its potency

"Me? I'm from Cadia, home of the best damned infantry in the Imperium." Lith said with a slight slur, and more than a bit of pride. Handing the bottle back to Urd, she used her now free hand to adjust parts of her still wet underwear. "Bloody thing's riddin' up my ass..." She muttered. Turning her attention back the Fenrisian, she went on. "So do you have any idea why in the seven bloody hells Lunette is taking us into the Eye?"

"So do you have any idea why in the seven bloody hells Lunette is taking us into the Eye?"

Urd took a slug off the bottle while Lith adjusted herself which distracted her for a moment "not sure, i was never big into book learning, I'm more the 'hit it till it stops moving' type" she said just NOW noticing how wet her clothing is "fuck, ... putten the goods on display aren't i" she said with a laugh at the end as they got to her quarters "good thing we're here" she said leading Lith in

The servo skull popped out of the wall again just before Solar could speak.

The floating skull scanned Solar as she looked at it. "Identification: Solar, inquisitor's accolyte. Next in command to run current mission.
Access: Granted." it said.

"Solar, if you're listening to this, i've been incapacitated or worse. Carry out the mission in my name, ok?" The message said and the girl nodded. "I know they won't look up to you and have the same amount of respect. But you must stand strong, the lives of all these people are in your hands. Just remember mother loves you." it said and the servo skull asked a question.
"Do you accept the responsibilities passed onto you?" it asked her.

Solar took a few minutes, looking at Lunette. She was deep in thought about what she'd have to do and how she'd do it.

"I accept." the girl said, coming to terms with the situation. A new confidence found in her voice.

"I assume you've had plenty interaction with the Inquisition, but have you met Inquisitor Lunnette?"

"My...uncle was in the inquisition. He managed to pass word of my resistance to the touches of the warp before he passed away fairly recently." Her voice lowered to a solemn tone as she continued on. "But I will make sure that his effort is for naught. I will carry the Emperor's wrath and slay the foul daemons in the warp not only because it is his will but also to honor his sacrifice."

Leoni breathed deeply, restraining the fervor that has risen from her heart. This kind of fervor is reserved for the killing of daemons not for some heart-felt monologue, she reminded herself.

"I apologize for the outburst. The schola progenium has done wonders for me hasn't it?" She said, with some sarcasm.

"Fuck... putting the goods on display aren't I? Good thing we're here."

"Well you don't hear me complainin' " Lith muttered to herself. She'd been walking slightly behind Urd the whole way there, nominally because she didn't know where she was going, but mostly to enjoy the view. Stepping into the room she dropped her armour in a corner and looked about. "Damn...are there any other private quarters free around here? They plucked me straight from a forward position, so when I got here I just snagged the first bunk in the crew area that I found."

Dropping into an available chair, she let out a long sigh...sitting felt so good. "So? We gonna finish that bottle or what?"

"maybe, i just grabbed the first private room i could find when i heard the ship was running on a skeleton crew" she said peeling her wet clothing off and laying them out to dry after closing the door. she then pulled up a seat across from her, in nothing but her rather small panties. every scar she had was pretty much visible now

"that's better" she said reaching for the bottle and taking a swig off it then shoving it back toward Lith "you should probably oughta get out of them wet clothes, and pretty sure no ones gonna bother us for awhile"

"I apologize for the outburst. The schola progenium has done wonders for me hasn't it?"

"No need for an apology." Lodrig said with a grin and a chuckle. His face then became serious. "You know as well as I the denizens of the warp, and those who worship them deserve our contempt and hatred. While I walk through this ship a cancer grows in the heart of my home world. I was working with Inquisitor Carlow on excising that taint when we discovered that my Father had ignored all of the signs of a strong cultist cell."

He rubbed the back of his head and continued. "When we discovered the incompetence of my father he executed him on the spot. We continued following any leads we could, but then he got word from Inquisitor Lunette I assume. He then gave me a new command. I was to come here and help in anyway I can. I can't lie and say I wouldn't rather be home, but if we are to invade the Eye of Terror itself what better way is there to have my revenge? If I survive this I expect to be elevated to an Inquisitor myself."

Dante listened attentively as Solar accepted the command of leading this team into the Eye of Terror, her voice seemed to have a new source of confidence. This brought a smile to his face, as he used his power to telekinetically grab the spear he carried with him, and then bowed his head in respect to his new commanding officer.

"Shall I inform the others of your new post?"

"No thank you Mister. I need to do it myself, or i'll never be able to lead." Solar said. She walked over to the wall where the servo skull entered. "Servos, please open up the wall to my armor." She asked the servo skull.

"Yes mistress." it replied and the wall split to reveal a hidden armory. She walked into it and stood infront of her armor.

Lifting the breastplate off of the rack, she gave the imperial symbol on it a rub to bring out the shine. "Mother said i'd know when i'd need this." she said gazing at the armor.

"Yes of course Miss Solar, how foolish of me to think otherwise. One can only gain experience, if they have the desire to seek out the knowledge themselves. I shall make my leave of your quarters, give you time to prepare for the forthcoming mission. Should you have a need to speak to me, you need only to follow my psychic presence." Dante then left the young lady's room, and continued on down the hallway that served as an access to the main dormitories.

"Guess I should make preparations of my own then." Dante thought to himself as he walked.

Lith eyed the half-naked woman if front of her appreciatively. "Damn...Fenris mus' be a hell of a place f'r you ta pick all that at home. Mind you, ye do wear th'm well." She slurred, the whisky was defiantly having an effect now.

"You should probably oughta get out of them wet clothes, and pretty sure no ones gonna bother us for awhile."

That prompted a most un-guardsman like giggle from Lith as she took another pull from the bottle. Standing slowly, as to not fall, she winked at Urd. "Well if'n you want'd to get me nekkid...why didn't ye' jus' say so..." Making a show of it, she removed both her top and bottom, laying them out beside Urd's clothes.

The movement, combined with the strong drink as a bad call, causing Lith's head to spin. Stumbling, she dropped heavily on to Urd's bunk and lay back. "Dis...is kinda nice..." She said between yawns. "I'll be...bac...in...a....second." In moments she was snoring softly.

Urd watched as Lith made a show of her undressing, and couldn't help but smile at the show, then giggle a little she fell over and passed right out. Urd got up and covered Lith up then hung their clothing to dry proper.

she then checked to see if her armor was back, and found it was. after putting on her cleaned and repaired battle gear weapons and all, she decided to let the guardsmen rest for what must have been the first time in days, and quietly left the room, after finishing off the little that was left in the bottle

"If I came back from the Eye of Terror then I would receive nothing less than a visit from the Emperor himself." Leoni joked. "This looks to be it."

Both of them rounded the corner and walked into a large library with columns and great bookshelves lining the walls on either sides. It was an awesome sight and even more awesome considering the fact that this was on a Battlebarge.

"I mean no offense but I've always wondered the meaning of placing books inside a 7 kilometre ship. Although I presume that it has something to do a sort of "ease of access" to when it comes to knowledge." Leoni said, looking at the shelves and wondering how much knowledge is inside these books let alone this entire library.

Dante began walking back to his quarters on board the Divine Light, his spear making a light metallic *thud*, and sparked briefly with each alternate step. For the most part he was alone, the only other thing he saw was a Servo Skull floating past going in the opposite direction that he was going. As he arrived at another section of rooms, he saw a familiar sight exiting one of them; but she now looked more respectable in her armour, and less like she was about to fall over.

"Ah Urd, take it then that you and Lith enjoyed whatever it was you were drinking?"

Urd turned to the voice addressing her "Dante right?" she looked back in side "it was Fenrisian Whiskey, and yes, though i think the drink, coupled with IG shifts have taken there toll of her" she said with a hint of disappointment 'was kind liking where it was going to ..' she thought, "i practically grew up drinking the stuff so i have a much higher tolerance then most off worlders"

she got to the important question "how's Lun, erm Inquisitor Lunette, she didn't look well when we brought her to her room" correcting herself, though asking in genuine concern

As he started to gather books Lodrig said "On a ship this size I suspect some of the crew must be academics."

"That is true... otherwise these tomes of knowledge serve nothing more than glorified fire starters." Leoni commented, weaving her hands up and down the large books and getting a feel for their rigid spines. She pulled a few books out and skimmed through their words before putting them back with disinterest. None of these books offered something she wished to read about or divulge in so she simply walked empty-handed to the Inquisitor.

"I hope you have found more luck than I am to when it comes to finding books. I shall be heading back to bunk soon. Can you find your way back or do you need the servitor's assistance?"

"Dante right?" Urd asked with confused look as she briefly took a moment to look back inside. "It was Fenrisian Whiskey, and yes, though I think the drink, coupled with IG shifts have taken there toll on her." She seemed to be a slightly disappointed in saying this. Her thoughts revealed something personal, but Dante didn't saying anything about it. "I practically grew up drinking the stuff so I have a much higher tolerance then most off worlders." Urd then got to something more important.

"How's Lun, erm Inquisitor Lunette, she didn't look well when we brought her to her room."

"I see, guess fighting an almost endless horde of Chaos for days on end without rest will do that to you; everyone does need to just kick back and relax every once and awhile. And having most likely being drinking such strong whiskey since childhood would make you resistant to its effects. Anyway, regarding the current state of Inquisitor Lunette; due to the anaesthetic that was injected into her to help her recovery from whatever happened in the shower, she is temporarily out of action. This means that until such time as she is fit for duty, Miss Solar is to be our commanding officer." Dante responded with in a concerned tone, still wishing for Lunette to be well.

"And yes, my name is Dante."

"Anyway, regarding the current state of Inquisitor Lunette; due to the anaesthetic that was injected into her to help her recovery from whatever happened in the shower, she is temporarily out of action. This means that until such time as she is fit for duty, Miss Solar is to be our commanding officer."

Urd frowned, and said a prayer to the Emperor to hasten Lunette's recovery

"And yes, my name is Dante."
Urd got a semi surprised look 'holy crap, i remembered' she thought "so where you off to now? my er ... 'plans' have kinda been blown to hell so if you would like some company I'd be happy to join you" she said in a some what more seductive tone then she was intending which she cuaght after the fact "oh crap, i didn't mean like that ..." she said looking him over a bit '... well maybe, he is kinda good looking ...' she thought

"So where you off to now? My er ... 'plans' have kinda been blown to hell so if you would like some company I'd be happy to join you." Urd's voice was carrying a rather seductive tone as she spoke, this made Dante blush a little, then chuckle to himself.

"Oh crap, I didn't mean like that..." She then remarked, trying to recover from her previous statement. Dante briefly scanned her mind to see what she was thinking about, and he was rather smitten by the comment.

"Frankly, I am touched by your offer Urd. I was simply going to retire to my quarters, so I could prepare for whatever lies ahead. But, I am curious to learn more about the Daughters of Russ, as they are a group I know next to nothing about. I would be delighted to have you join me."

After proceeding along the corridors for about ten minutes, they soon arrived at Dante's room, or rather his Study as he would call it; as there was a shelf that had at least a dozen books on display, their contents described the nature of the various powers that a Psyker could possess, along with knowledge of races who could produce Psykers; along with a couple of pieces of astrological paraphernalia. Two large arm chairs were situated near the middle of the room, and to the right was a standard issue Imperial bunk in which to sleep.

As they entered, Dante removed his spear and placed it on a stand which already had his power sword and plasma pistol. He then turned to Urd.

"Please take a seat, I'm sure you'd find them rather comfortable."

"I am curious to learn more about the Daughters of Russ, as they are a group I know next to nothing about. I would be delighted to have you join me."

"you know, I'm surprised your the only one to ask ... but yes, i would be happy to enlighten you" she said and pointed to the emblem on her shoulder, which was a sword held by a warrior maiden "well, for starters, this isn't the official marking of the DoR, our group takes several ques from our brothers in the Space Wolves so we have our own 'great packs' as it where, three in fact, Freya's Shield, Freya's Sword and Freya's Helm" she started, swelling up with pride a bit, despite not liking not being given a real choice about joining she loves her order and enjoys telling others about it.

she waited till they arrived before beginning her 'lecture' "nice room" she said as she sat down and removed the winged open backed helm she had and set it on the table

"The Sword, is primarily the offensive side of the order, we're usually the one working with the PDF and the SoB in dealing with threats, such as cultist and what have you. I'm pretty much in the standard out-load for a member of the Sword, case your wondering.

The Shield, as its name suggests is more defensive, they act as guards for the most part protecting points of interest all over the planet, they also have some what heavier armor then what i have and actually pack shields in combination with a Powered Spear. how ever, unlike The Sword, members of The Shield don't get normally the opportunity to use jump-packs and be Valkyrie, those are Sword only due mostly to Shields being inside a lot and the weight of the armor, though Valkyrie do use the Powered Spear a lot of the time

The Helm, is made up of members of the Sword and Shield whom have proven to be excellent leaders and thus they direct the other two divisions, they also assist the Wolf Priests in collecting those worth of not only joining the Space Wolves, but are responsible for finding and collecting those worthy of joining our order as well" she explained.

Throughout Urd's explanation of the three 'Great Packs' that formed the Daughters of Russ, Dante listened patiently; intrigued by all this knowledge, and a little eager to learn more. He also noticed the design of the armour that Urd wore, with its design being similar in looks to the power armour that orders such as the Space Marines and the Sisters of Battle wore; albeit altered to suit the needs of its owner.

"Fascinating, I must say that your armour Urd is certainly detailed; it shows the feminine form well, giving it that mixture of elegance and rugged beauty that I find appealing. And that white hair of yours certainly stands out. Then again, I've always enjoyed the look of pale hair colours more so than darker ones." Dante remarked, showing a charming little smile to the lady as he gently brushed away a few strands of his own silvery hair that had fallen in front of his face.

"I'm intrigued by what you meant by 'daughters of a member'; I presume that in some cases, your order can consist of multiple members from the same family line. Also, who is this Freya exactly, she certainly sounds important."

Urd's face flushed a little, twice in one day some one thought she was attractive "thanks, i don't hear that kinda thing much back home..." she said, as, she really didn't hear it much

"I'm intrigued by what you meant by 'daughters of a member'; I presume that in some cases, your order can consist of multiple members from the same family line. Also, who is this Freya exactly, she certainly sounds important."

Urd nodded "those in the Daughters of Russ, particularly the more decorated members, are encouraged to bare children, under the pretense of 'strong warriors produce strong children' and thus for this tenant has proven true, as there are some in the Space Wolves who's mothers are of our Order as well. I my self am actually a fifth generation DoR" Urd started with some pride at the end, then she removed her right glove and shoulder armor so Dante could see the scars "however, for us, the standards are much higher, almost impossibly so if you'd apply them to some one whom wasn't born into it." she paused thinking about her mother a bit, a mix of emotion in her mind, but mostly positive ones, then chuckled a little at some memory of her "also, the scars, are common place among our membership, training is brutal, and it has to be to deal with some of the things we deal with, most common of threats being The Thousand Sons, as such, we do lose a sister in the training phase of our initiation at times" she said this with an air of regret for the lives lost, but respect for the traditions and reasoning behind it.

"as for who Lady Freya is, that is simple, if we are The Daughters of Russ, that makes Leman Russ our father, and there can not be a child with out a mother. the Original Freya holds a status in our order equal to that of Primarch, as it was she who founded our group with the blessing of Leman Russ, although there are several legends about how she got that blessing, the most widely accepted though is she wanted to create a legion of female warriors, and to do that challenged Leman Russ to single combat, she lost mind you, but she'd proven her worth and ability in battle." speaking in a tone of reverence "currently, 'Freya' is a title bestowed on the current head of the order, like a Cannoness or Chaptermaster. i don't know what all her responsibility's are but i imagine her duty's keep her busy, i do know that she over sees the final stage of imitation, the 'drinking of the goblet', which turned my hair white, but made me stronger and gave me greater stamina"

"I hope you have found more luck than I am to when it comes to finding books. I shall be heading back to bunk soon. Can you find your way back or do you need the servitor's assistance?" "I think I might find a few gems here." Lodrig said distractedly. He then looked over his shoulder and said. "No I should be able to find my way back now. Thank you for showing me to this library. I'll probably be here for quite a while if I find any books holding the right information."

"Thanks, I don't hear that kinda thing much back home..." Dante noticed Urd's cheeks blushed a little after his compliment about her beauty, this only served him to smile.

"I see, guess coming from a long family line of soldiers, means that you have a lot of pressure put upon you to succeed and live up to those expectations that are laid before you. And failing will be a bigger let down because of it. Either way, its a tough life; and you come out with scars both mentally and physically, like we both have." Dante remarked, removing his coat, and rolling up the left sleeve of his shirt up till the elbow, revealing various scars that he had received so far.

"I know, not as impressive as yours Urd, but each scar is like a memory, and they'll stay. Of course, there is another one, right here." He said, pushing back some of his hair to reveal a vertical scar going across his right eye, although the eye itself was perfectly normal.

"Received that one during a battle with an Eldar Harlequin, knocked me down after a series of kicks; then proceeded to deal the killing blow with her sword, but I managed to deal a fatal shot to the head with my plasma pistol, not before she left a little leaving present." Dante chuckled slightly at the remark.

"Anyway, got ourselves a little off track. Sounds like the Daughters of Russ have quite a history, having links all the way back to the Primarchs. Back on the subject of daughters, how does one often find man to... copulate with?" He asked after a brief hesitation of trying to find the right words.

"I see, guess coming from a long family line of soldiers, means that you have a lot of pressure put upon you to succeed and live up to those expectations that are laid before you. And failing will be a bigger let down because of it.

Urd got this depressed look on her face "you have no idea, especially now ..." she said, as the thoughts about her mother dieing in the last Thousand Sons raid bubbled up, as well as that meant she was the last member of her line that was free to continue it, with her aunt a Seraphim in the Sisters of Battle

her mood picked up as Dante told the story of the scar over his right eye "i've never seen an Eldar before, least not in person, learning about the enemy's of the Imperium was mandatory, even if we never fight them we should at least know about them"

"Back on the subject of daughters, how does one often find man to... copulate with?"
Urd lips curled into a seductive smirk "why ... do you want to bed me?" she said in an intentionally seductive tone before reverting back to her normal tone "well, when ever we want really, though, its usually a fairly cold affair, sex solely for the propose of reproduction, with no emotion attached to it at all, and the way the men are chosen is in the same manner as anyone is chosen for anything having to do with the Space Wolves or Daughters, we look for the best specimen we can and then, well, you know the rest. but that's how my squad mates where about it, my mother to i assume since i don't know who my father is, hell, never seen her with a man unless she had a reason to talk to one"

she said then paused thinking about how to word the next bit as to not make her order come off sounding like a bunch of stuck up bitches "there's no set tenant in regards to how one get pregnant, its up to the individual, but..." she paused again " i don't wish to speak ill of my sisters, but i don't like how they do things in this regard, i kinda understand why they do it in the cold, emotionless way they do, but i still don't like it, even told Syllya, my ex-girlfriend that once" she said before she realized what she just said and a look of 'fuck, shouldn't have said that' crossed her face

"I've never seen an Eldar before, least not in person, learning about the enemy's of the Imperium was mandatory, even if we never fight them we should at least know about them." Urd sounded intrigued after Dante told her the story about his eye scar, and her mood had definitely picked up after sounding depressed for some reason. Dante felt that the reason was personal, and did not want to tred on her private business.

"Indeed, the Eldar are a sneaky and manipulative race, preffering to move amongst the shadows and sow seeds of confusion and doubt; this has generally been seen to be true due to their more advanced technology, and undoubtly stronger psychic presnce than we in the Imperium. Though with their far stronger psychic presence, means that they will experience emotion, both pleasant and painful, far more intensely than any human being. You could say that their psychic prowess is both a blessing and a curse to them."

"Why ... do you want to bed me?" She then asked with a seductive smirk, as Urd went on to explain how the Daughters found their man, with the process being as cold as the planet they came from. Urd sounded like she disagreed with such practices, wanting instead something with a little more passion and love involved.

"And why would you think that? The thought hadn't even crossed my mind; I was simply curious to learn more about your order and its ways, and it has been a most valuble and interesting learning experience so far, thank you very much Urd. But you never know, the winds of fate, may make our paths entwined to where such things are possible. Also, my apologies to you if I happened to upset you earlier with something I said. It was not my intention to cause you any distress." Dante said with sincerity in his voice as he smiled to her.

"And why would you think that?"

"Pride" Urd said "I'm guilty of it was well, but not to the same degree. they" she paused, sighed and continued "WE, tend to view our selves as above 'men', due to the brutality of our training period, and the fact we largely fight the Chaos force. so it tends to be 'i don't need some man weaker then me telling me want to do or any of that' which is why" she grimaced a little "we tend to seek companionship with in our own ranks..." she said with a awkward, uncomfortable look "though, the Space Wolves are naturally the exception, my sisters can easily be found joining in celebration with them, and generally not treating them like they're inferior"

"Also, my apologies to you if I happened to upset you earlier with something I said."

"don't worry about it, Mom died in the last raid, and since my aunt joined the Ecclesiarchy" Urd sighed "I'm effectively all that left of my line"

Adam finally made it back to his room. Still concerned about the inquisitor. She had be very kind to him. As he entered he heard a familiar coo fill the room.

"Hello there lovey dovey" He said in an affectionate tone looking at his pet bird.

Dovey, as she (as far as he knew) was affectionately named was not actually a dove at all but rather an ordinary pigeon. Adam had found her in the ships hold one day with a broken wing. He mended but despite his best efforts Dovey was unable to fly again. So he kept the affectionate bird as his pet. Every night when he'd return he'd let Dovey out to roam around the room hoping around and flapping her wings. Whenever Adam when to sleep Dovey would nest on his chest. Adam often felt she was his only friend.

Mending Dovey's wing had also sparked a interest in basic trauma care and as such he spent many a night reading over various medical books. Adam found he was quite good at retaining information and the inquisitor seemed to have no issue with him doing so.

Adam let Dovey out of her cage and started flipping through his book about famous disappearances of spacecraft throughout history. Also about the mysterious space hulks. He was absolutely fascinated by how space hulks came into being.

Just then Adams servo skull entered the room in a soft droning tone, hovering close to his bed. Adam looked over his book and smiled.

"Bonehead! It's good to see you, especially when it's in front of me for once! How was your day?"

Boneheads eye piece flashed green. A sign that it had a good day. Now don't be mistaken. Bonehead certainly had no sort of artificial intelligence. This was just a random response Adam had programmed into him. He always felt Bonehead was an optimist so he had the odds slightly in favor of good days rather than bad.

"A good day huh!? That's always good to hear! What made it good today?"

Bonehead initiated his programmed response and and showed Adam a brief one minute holo clip recorded randomly through it's day. Most of the time, as this was one of those times, it showed Adam some rather dull clip of him flying around, or dusting something off. However every once and awhile Bonehead recorded something interesting. Adams favorite clip consisted of Bonehead hunting down and failing to kill a rather large rat. Adam about spat out his drink from laughing so hard as Bonehead had stated it had a bad day from that experience to boot.

"Ah that's interesting" Adam said with fake enthusiasm. "You had a big day go to sleep pal."

Bonehead hovered over to its docking bay and powered down, while Dovey hopped down the makeshift ramp Adam had made for her and sat on his chest while he read. Adam had little ramps all over his room, as well as all sorts of books, tools and medical supplies, which made it look like a big of a sophisticated mess.

"I've got a bad feeling about this trip" He said softly to Dovey as he stroked her cheek while she cooed at him. "And the Inquisitor is sick I think... Nothing I can really do to help though." He hated feeling completely useless. "Well have to be extra careful okay girl" Smiling at his bird before diving back into his book. Adam continued to read till his eyelids grew to heavy for him to bare anymore. Slowly he drifted off to sleep.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here