Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

"Not right now. We're discussing personal matters, I'll send a servo skull to fetch you when we're finished." Inquisitor Lunette shouted through the door to Dante. "You're dismissed for now." She then added.

"Very well then." Dante responded, sounding a little annoyed at the response to him trying to be helpful to an ailing Inquisitor.

"Should you wish to talk to me..." He said as began to walk away. "...I shall be in my quarters."

Lunette waited till he was long gone. "Good, now Lith, i'll tell you a bit about myself, so you better get seated." the inquisitor said. She did feel a twang of guilt for sending the psyker away, but

"I'm going to tell you now, My Faith to the emperor has never wavered, nor faltered. But i used to scout for the blackships. I took pleasure in my job, maybe too much so. I inexplicably took a sick pleasure in tearing children who showed signs of being psykers from their parents." The woman said taking a breath and staring off as if she was going through her memories like a movie.

"I woke myself out of a trance on day and found a bloodied knife in my hand. On my left breast, over my heart was a sign, that of Slaanesh etched in my skin. It seemed that the chaos god had worked his way under my skin and into my life, bit by bit. I never embraced him and continued on my duty to the Imperium of Man." she explained and pulled the bandage down, revealing the symbol bleeding on her breast.

"The day i met solar, i could feel the corruption beeing take away from myself. She has wondrous abilities. I have been fine since i started to care for her, multiple corruption checks performed and the etching in my skin disappeared. I was as clean as the emperor's most faithful. But i fear as we approach and enter the warp, i'll grow more and more corrupt as Slaanesh's influence grows stronger. I want to die as the emperor's servent, not that of a Chaos god's" Lunette finished explaining, a look of pleading in her eyes.
"I want to fight to my death, protecting Solar, she's the only truly pure person in this galaxy."

Lith wore the mask of career sergeants everywhere. Her face was blank, betraying no emotion while she listened, but inside she reeled. WHAT IN THE FUCKING HELL! Lunette just admitted to being under the influence of Chaos...she did say she passed multiple checks...so she says, but we only have her word on that...who are you to doubt the word of an Inquisitor?

"I understand ma'am." She said finally. "What you, and Solar, have...are enduring would have broken a lesser person long ago, and I admire your strength. To that end I promise you, that I will do all I can to protect Solar should you perish, but I feel I must be frank...if I feel you have become compromised by this taint I will end you, no remorse, no mercy."

"if I feel you have become compromised by this taint I will end you, no remorse, no mercy."

"Good, i pray to the emperor for a quick end then. But i do ask of you to speak your mind freely, don't let the formalities with rank and position stop you. I realize there is a strong chance i'll die out in the warp, thats why i volunteered for this mission. I didn't want to become a burden on the imperium." she finished, looking down at her hands in her lap. "I just wish i could have died of old age. It would have been nice, letting the darkness take my mind into the eternal lake peacefully."

Having finished with his meal Lodrig decided to go to his intent on grabbing a change of clothes, and then he was going to head to the showers. On the way to his room he saw a man with Long white Hair. He remembered seeing this man during the meeting, an didn't get a chance to introduce himself. "Lodrig Jarlson Interrogator of the Ordo Hereticus." He smiled, and went to shake the other mans hand. "I saw you yesterday during the meeting. I didn't have a chance to introduce myself, and thought to remedy that now."

Dante continued to walk back towards his quarters when he was stopped by a man with a scar that started at his lower jaw, running all the way up to his temple and along the side of his head. His hair was shaved on the sides of his head, but the top was significantly long. The man held out a hand as he spoke.

"Lodrig Jarlson Interrogator of the Ordo Hereticus." Lodrig smiled as he went to shake hands. Dante was feeling sceptical about this encounter; wondering why someone from the Ordo Hereticus would want to talk to him, let alone him being an Interrogator. He had heard stories of what these people did to prisoners, even regular Guardsmen should the need arise.

"I saw you yesterday during the meeting. I didn't have a chance to introduce myself, and thought to remedy that now." Dante was silent for a few moments, then cautiously returned the gesture.

"I see. The name is Dante Machaiah, Psyker of 13th Arcadian Shadowhawks Regiment. Pardon me for being a little hesitant with you just now. Just acting upon caution is all."

"I just wish I could have died of old age. It would have been nice, letting the darkness take my mind into the eternal lake peacefully."

"Well, to each their own I guess." Lith replied after a moment. "As I said in the Main Hall, a Guardsman should know they're already dead, it is just a matter of where and when. For me, so long as I die well I will die happy." Unbidden, a thought sprang to mind, but she forced it down. Not now, not ever...

With an annoyed cough, Lith pushed the thought aside. "I should let you rest Inquis...m'lad...Lunette." She finally said with a blush. "I'm sorry, up until a couple of days ago the highest ranking person I'd ever dealt with was a major."

"I see. The name is Dante Machaiah, Psyker of 13th Arcadian Shadowhawks Regiment. Pardon me for being a little hesitant with you just now. Just acting upon caution is all."

"That's understandable the Ordo Hereticus doesn't have a kind reputation when it comes to psykers. Know that you need not worry unless you are a heretic or carry the taint of Chaos. I doubt either of those to be the case. I doubt that an Inquisitor of my order would call a psyker onto this rare of a ship." Lodrig then noticed Dante's spear. "Curious weapon. All the sanctioned psykers I have seen carry a force staff."

"That's understandable the Ordo Hereticus doesn't have a kind reputation when it comes to Psykers. Know that you need not worry unless you are a Heretic or carry the taint of Chaos. I doubt either of those to be the case. I doubt that an Inquisitor of my order would call a Psyker onto this rare of a ship." Lodrig remarked in an attempt to calm Dante's nerves. He had also noticed the spear that Dante carried with him; it almost acting as apart of him at times, given its bond.

"Curious weapon. All the sanctioned Psykers I have seen carry a Force Staff." This statement brought a smile to Dante's face, as he felt a little more relaxed around the Interrogator. He looked upon the weapon himself before responding.

"Indeed it is Lodrig, not very often do you see an Eldar Singing Spear in the hands of the Imperium, let alone any other weapon from their arsenal. Whilst you are quite right that all Sanctioned Psykers carry a Force Staff; the Farseer that this once belonged to destroyed mine in battle I had with her, so I took this in recompense. Despite it having to be re-engineered for proper use in the Imperium, it retains a fair amount of its original form and beauty. Also, it has a nice little trick when handled by a Psyker. Do you know why they call it a Singing Spear?"

Do you know why they call it a Singing Spear?"

"No I don't. I am not well versed in the knowledge of the Eldar. My focus is mainly about the threat within, the cancer of Mankind. That said I wouldn't mind learning. Knowledge is power as I'm sure you know."

""No I don't. I am not well versed in the knowledge of the Eldar. My focus is mainly about the threat within, the cancer of Mankind. That said I wouldn't mind learning. Knowledge is power as I'm sure you know."

"Of course Lodrig. With greater knowledge, comes greater understanding. Whilst I may not be an expert myself in terms of the Eldar and their ways; I have a small understanding of them, but I am by no means a convert to their ways. Anyway, the reason for why it has its name is actually quiet simple; the name is derived from the constant droning noise that is emitted when held by a Psyker. These spears are most often used by Eldar Farseers and Warlocks. A feat which I have not quite fully understood myself, is that when the weapon is thrown, it will return to the hands of whoever wields it; making it both a melee and ranged weapon."

"A feat which I have not quite fully understood myself, is that when the weapon is thrown, it will return to the hands of whoever wields it; making it both a melee and ranged weapon."

"A fascinating weapon to be sure." After a moment Lodrig decided to politely change the topic. "I've worked with a couple psykers before." He paused a moment in thought and said. "I was once told by a psyker that Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors always meant death for their kind. Usually we are working against them. So I passed it off as a joke, an awkward way of breaking the ice.

Turns out it was true for her; granted she died while saving me. That's when I realized psykers aren't the inhuman monsters most Hereticus Inquisitors make them out to be. I may not always trust them, but I try not to be hostile or threatening, but you seem like a good enough sort. Most sanctioned psykers are broken sickly pitiful things. Good to see some are not."

"I'm sorry, up until a couple of days ago the highest ranking person I'd ever dealt with was a major."
"Its fine. There's no need to be nervous, i'm not the mean and nasty inquisitor i was when i first met Solar. I guess you could say she softened me up a bit. I enjoy things more in life than i did before. I've also learned to listen allot more thanks to her. So if you ever need to vent, I'll be here till i die." The inquisitor said with a smile on her face. Even staring death and or corruption in the face, she had a positive outlook.

"I've worked with a couple psykers before." Lodrig said, pausing for a moment to think before continuing. "I was once told by a psyker that Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors always meant death for their kind. Usually we are working against them. So I passed it off as a joke, an awkward way of breaking the ice." He then went on to mention that a Psyker had saved his life one time, and she had changed his perceptions a little. This comment made Dante feel a little relieved that Lodrig wasn't going to swiftly execute him.

"I may not always trust them, but I try not to be hostile or threatening, but you seem like a good enough sort. Most sanctioned psykers are broken sickly pitiful things. Good to see some are not."

"I'll say that having a strong mind helped me stave off many of the physcial traits which are more commonly asscociated with Psykers. I have also spent my time in meditation and prayer so I can be more focused in my service. So, thank you for the compliment. I hope that whilst we may not always see eye to eye, that we can at least speak on decent terms."

"It's fine. There's no need to be nervous...

Lith snorted in amusement when she heard that. "That's fine for you to say, I'm a career noncom. All my life I've been told only to speak to somebody of your station if spoken to and even then not to take up much of their valuable time. It's a hard habit to break." Putting her helmet back on, she moved to the door. "Well unless you have further need of me I'll get out of your hair."

"I hope that whilst we may not always see eye to eye, that we can at least speak on decent terms."

"I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to. We are after all both loyal servants of the Emperor. Have you worked with any elements of the Inquisition before?"

"Well unless you have further need of me I'll get out of your hair."
"No, i've about covered everything. You may go if you wish." she said, a bit of sadness to her voice. "I'm going to stay in my quarters for a while more since i'm weak. If you need me, you know where i am." the inquisitor said, motioning for the servoskull to fetch her another cup of water.

"I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to. We are after all both loyal servants of the Emperor. Have you worked with any elements of the Inquisition before?" Lodrig asked.

"There have been a couple of occasions where the my regiment had assisted in several operations with the Ordo Xenos; eliminating areas where the Tau Empire and the Eldar were in close proximity to Imperial colonies and war assets. Which if in the wrong hands, could cause disruption elsewhere.

They occasionally allowed us to use some of their equipment in battle, and just between you and me; we had begun our own research efforts a few years ago. Although it will be quite sometime before we are on any sort of level with the Ordo Xenos. To better understand the enemy, is one of the best means of execution." Dante said with a smile.

"We shall be jumping in an hour at most..."

Leoni's ears picked up what their new commander had said. With this new information, Leoni finished up the rest of her food and saw herself out of the room and back to her bunk. There she prepared her gear for the jump ahead and if anything were to occur then she would be ready to combat whatever lay forth in the Eye of Terror.

------------------------------------------------------

Fredrick watched the Guardswoman as she left and went back to his letter. He began to describe Lith and wrote down how her hair reminded him of her own. Fredrick wished Owen well and promised he would meet with eventually if not soon. He tried not to make promises to anyone, even his family.

After he was done, Fredrick left for his bunk as well. He checked "Carla" once more and made sure that none of the laser packs leaked or if there were any warning cracks in the internal parts of the las gun. He neatly arranged his battle pack and the things he would wear into battle beside his bunk before taking a nap as he waited for the jump.

Kelvistine trailed behind a servo-skull. It guided her to Inquisitor Lunette's chambers. Many heavy thoughts had been weighing on her mind. Mostly of death, suicide missions often give you few other things to think about. She had no intention of doing so, she had a promise to keep.

The servo-skull affirmed that this was Lunette's chambers. With it's duties done it departed to another task. Unexpectedly the door slid open, Guardsman Lith was apparently visiting the Inquisitor. Kel wasn't particularly interested in why, unless knowing so would get Lith to leave faster, which gaining such knowledge to the chance it may do so would not be beneficial at all in relation to time.

Commissar Ferosis stepped just inside, leaving the doorway unbarred. She awaited to be addressed by the good Inquisitor before saying anything.

Lith twitched when she caught the sadness in Lunette's voice, and was about to change her mind on leaving, when Commissar Ferosis entered the room. Doing her best to smother a look of annoyance she smiled softly. "I'm sorry Lunette; I appear to have alerted to everyone that you are wake." Then with a nod to the commissar, she stepped back into the hall, and made her way back to the mess.

Getting another drink Lith slid into an unoccupied table, staring blankly at a bulkhead, she started to mentally prepare for whatever lay ahead.

Commissar Ferosis stepped just inside, leaving the doorway unbarred. She awaited to be addressed by the good Inquisitor before saying anything.
"For the emperors sake, we're going to jump to hell. Formalities aren't needed. But if you must, at ease." The inquisitor said. "So, what brings you to my room? I just wake up and i'm getting a bunch of visitors, so pardon me for being a bit curious." she kindly explained.

"To better understand the enemy, is one of the best means of execution."

"Agreed, but with understanding comes the threat of corruption. You must never let your guard down, always know that researching the tech of Xenos is a dangerous game." Lodrig said with a slight scowl of distaste. After a moment he realized he may have offended Dante. "I apologize. My home planet is very strict in following the Imperial Cult. I sometimes get carried away. I understand that some of us may have to learn or do....distasteful things in order to serve the Emperor to the best of our capability." He said to explain his vehemency. He chuckled as he said "Which may explain why I was chosen to learn from an Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus. We aren't known for our tolerance afterall." .

"Agreed, but with understanding comes the threat of corruption. You must never let your guard down, always know that researching the tech of Xenos is a dangerous game." Lodrig remarked with an apparent scowl of distaste, as his forehead creased; which would be natural for a member of the Ordo Hereticus. But then his mood changed, to something more apologetic.

"I apologize. My home planet is very strict in following the Imperial Cult. I sometimes get carried away. I understand that some of us may have to learn or do....distasteful things in order to serve the Emperor to the best of our capability." He said to explain his religious conviction. His voice then showed humour as he chuckled.

"Which may explain why I was chosen to learn from an Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus. We aren't known for our tolerance after all."

"No need to apologise Lodrig; each facet of the Imperium does its duty the Emperor and to Mankind in different ways. Just because two ways are diametrically different, doesn't mean one is definitively right, and one is absolutely wrong; they are both correct in their own individual ways. Nor are the Ordo Hereticus known for their mercy."

Urd finished her meal and sighed a contented sigh "I'm gonna go check on the Inquisitor" she said to Adam, while leaving some bread crumbs for his bird "later Adam"

Urd stopped by Soloara before exiting "you got some great cooks on this ship. hopefully we'll survive this and we can have a grand feast to celebrate our return" she then exited the messhall

on her way to Lunette's quarters she ran into Dante and Lodrig "maybe i should put off checking in on her, she'll never recover with all the visitors" Urd said half jokingly

"Maybe I should put off checking in on her, she'll never recover with all the visitors." Urd said half jokingly as she arrived next to Dante and Lodrig. A brief smile appeared on Dante's face as he saw her; remembering the joy of last night.

"Indeed she might Urd, I was going to check on her earlier, but she was busy in talks with Lith about something; although I'm afraid I couldn't tell what it was. She did say though that she would send a Servo Skull my way when it was time. So for now I was on my way back to my quarters, when Lodrig here came up to me and we started talking."

"Maybe I should put off checking in on her, she'll never recover with all the visitors."

Lodrig turned in surprise. "Recover from what? I wasn't aware of anything happening. I was only going to my room for a change of clothes. What has happened to Inquisitor Lunette?"

"Recover from what? I wasn't aware of anything happening. I was only going to my room for a change of clothes. What has happened to Inquisitor Lunette?" Lodrig asked, sounding most definitely surprised by the news that he had just heard.

"You see Lodrig, yesterday evening there was an incident involving Inquisitor Lunette. It started with a sharp pain in her chest, which proceeded into a coughing fit. A brief moment later, she rushed down to the showers. After some pain had subsided, Lith and Urd here carried Inquisitor Lunette to her quarters, where she has been sleeping since. Whilst she has recovered a bit, she still needs some time to fully rest."

Urd nodded along with Dante's explanation "that's just about the size of it"

"Very good then". She adjusted her chainsword, taking the nearest available seat. "I've some questions I'd like answered. First and foremost being the obvious suicidal nature of this plan. They may toss guardsmen to the grinder, but they don't do that to Sm's or Inquisitors. Lunette, I know there has to be some ulterior motive going on here, were after someone, something. A handful of people sent to the Eye of fracking Terror. Pardon my gothic. It's just not done, so why?!

"That's just about the size of it." Urd said, nodding in agreement after listening to Dante's retelling of events to help Lodrig catch up.

"Indeed," Dante began to say, before turning to Urd. "Urd, wasn't there something you wished to discuss with me. I think it might be best if we talked in a more secluded area. I was just heading back to my quarters before I began to Lodrig, so how about there?" He asked, sounding a little nervous.

"Urd, wasn't there something you wished to discuss with me."

Urd nodded "indeed, would be best to do that now rather then later as we might not have time" she turned slighting so Dante could pass "lead on"

"Indeed, would be best to do that now rather then later as we might not have time." Urd turned slightly, allowing Dante to pass by her.

"Lead on." The pair walked next to one another in silence on the short trip back to Dante's quarters. Upon arrival, he removed his coat; and proceeded towards his chair. After waiting for Urd to get herself seated and comfortable, he spoke.

"So, whats this about you breaking one of your rules?" Dante asked in a rather straight forward manner; wanting to understand what Urd had meant earlier this morning.

Urd followed Dante and made her self comfortable

"So, whats this about you breaking one of your rules?"

Urd fiddled with her braid a little "well" she started "remember what i said about my sisters? the bit about 'seeking a man'?" her question was more rhetorical then a genuine question "and the part about how i do not really like how they do things? well, its tied to that. the short of it is i don't sleep with anybody until they can prove they are willing to 'be with me and only me'."

Urd was busy fiddling with her braid when she began to speak, sounding nervous about the whole thing. "Well." She started with, "Remember what I said about my sisters? the bit about 'seeking a man'?" Dante didn't bother answering this one, as it sounded more rhetorical. "And the part about how I do not really like how they do things? Well, its tied to that. The short of it is I don't sleep with anybody until they can prove they are willing to 'be with me and only me'."

"I see," Dante began with. "So, in order to use a better phrase as it were, 'elope' with you; I would have to prove myself worthy of your time, and that any and all romantic feelings I have, are based solely on you, and you alone." He continued to say, then went quiet, as he began to think over his next choice of words; fearing that one misplaced word could ultimately ends things between them, at least on an intimate level.

"You know Urd, every time I look at you, I look back to that night; it was without a doubt, one of the greatest nights in my life. I pray, to the Emperor himself, that we could continue to have nights like that. But there is more to you than simply how well you 'do it' that I enjoy. The way you encapsulate both your feminine beauty, and the rugged fierceness of a fighter; fills me with a great sense of awe when I look upon that face.

You do not need to wear make up, your brilliant just the way you are, that is true beauty. All those scars that you bear only add, not subtract to what is already there. Whilst there maybe more beautiful women out there; they don't have your unique appearance. You wear both honour and dignity with pride." Dante then silently prayed to the Emperor, hoping he had done right.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked