Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 15 NEXT

Anthony felt that he had watched the shield long enough and wandered off of the observation deck, his bodyguards following him. He learned that he had missed a feast of some kind and walked towards the Officers lounge, deciding that he was going to allow himself a luxury, something he rarely did. He ordered his servitors to return to their patrols and walked in.

He walked over to a servitor and ordered himself a bottle of Amasec and a Pack of Lho tubes, he took them and found a nice unoccupied table in one of the corners, away from the officers which he noticed had stared at him momentarily.

He took a swig from the bottle, lit a tube, and began smoking it. It made him feel pleasant, just out of it enough to feel good.

Dante could smell the faint aroma of a Lho tube, as he spied a tech priest entering the lounge; along with a bottle of Amasec. He noticed that the other officers had stared at the man briefly before continuing on with either their drinks and/or conversation.

This moment had provided a brief distraction from the world around him, as the Servitor returned with their order. There it stood with its cold, emotionless eyes, as Dante handed removed the drinks from the tray, before the Servitor trundled off to deal with its rather menial duties. Dante thought he could hear the Servitor mumble something to itself, but didn't think more of it.

"Here you go ladies." Dante said with a smile as he passed the drinks round.

Urd thanked Dante and give Lith a 'thats no help at all' look, in reality she was waiting for Lith's impending 'how'd you two hook up' line of questioning

Tiger Sora:
"Does He betray us"?

"No, He will never turn his back on those that have faith in him. His servants... I can't say the same for. If you keep your faith in the emperor strong, he will protect and guide you. This is something i have learned personally many times." Lunette said smiling at the Commisar before her. Then she thought for a few minutes.
"There are others who don't worship the emperor, yet are just as protected because they respect him. The emperor's light shines on all of humanity, brighter on some than others, but it shines all the same."

Thats when Solar's Voice crackled to life over the comms of the ship.
"Ummmm.... we'll be jumping into the warp, on our way to the eye... Brace for the jump please... We'll be jumping in five minutes...." she said nervously.

"Ummmm.... we'll be jumping into the warp, on our way to the eye... Brace for the jump please... We'll be jumping in five minutes...."

DAMNIT! I'll save them for later then.

Anthony resealed his bottle, closed the pack of tubes, shoved them into a pocket in his robes, and walked back to his post.

"Ummmm.... we'll be jumping into the warp, on our way to the eye... Brace for the jump please... We'll be jumping in five minutes...."

With that, the sound of the clunk of Leoni's heavy armor ran through the bunk. Her armor, her flamer, and her mind was ready for the jump ahead. Whatever was to happen in the Eye of Terror she would face its horrors with her own fire and brim stone. She had no intention of going down without a fight and dying for the sole purpose of saving thousands, possibly millions of lives was enough for her. Leoni was truly at peace and assumed the battle position. She was eager to serve and ready to die.

----------------------------------------------------

Fredrick's outfit and gear was ready for whatever sort of hell awaited them in the Eye of Terror. Daemons of all sort thrive in the Eye, and so do the touches of the warp that can corrupt even the hardiest of men but he wasn't like them. Fredrick was different and he knew it ever since his best friend tried to strangle him with the gloves he gave him. Whatever corruption forced his friend to kill him didn't affect Fredrick the second he saw the Chaos Sorcerer who was claimed to be able to entice any man.

He holstered his pistol, sheathed his knife, readied his rifle and grabbed the gas mask, ready to put it on. From an early age, the gas mask was a second skin to all people who lived on Krieg. It was their face and their mark of shame that they brought upon themselves in a bloody civil war. Fredrick's mark of shame was special as his father's fathers were the ones to help incite the rebellion that led to their planet's near destruction and now it was up to Fredrick to help write the wrongs his family has burned in stone.

"looks like we're gonna be heading into battle soon" Urd said, after chugging a fair bit of the water in one go

Lodrig was getting dressed when he heard they would be transitioning to the warp soon. He put on his bronze carapace armor, and his weapons. A Condemnor bolt gun given to him by Inquisitor Carlowe when he left for this mission and his chainsword from his days as a commissar cadet.

He then headed towards the chapel on the ship a servo skull bobbing along in front of him showing the way. "What better way to make a warp transition then in prayer." He thought to himself. He arrived at the chapel and began to prepare himself for in the way the priesthood on his home planet had done since before their rediscovery by the Imperium.

He painted hexagrammatic wards on his bare flesh. One on each temple. One on the forehead, and one on the back of his head. He than applied purity seals to his weapons and his armor. One seal Containing an Imperial Hymn upon his chainsword. A purity sealing bearing the beginning of the Rite of Banishment upon his bolt gun. Various other prayers, and declarations were placed on parts of his armor. He then began to recite the Libation to the Emperor.

"My thanks." Lith said, accepting the drink. "So...what lead to this?" Gesturing to the lovers. "Not many would be willing to bed a bo-""Ummmm.... we'll be jumping into the warp, on our way to the eye... Brace for the jump please... We'll be jumping in five minutes....""Well...I guess we are on our way then."

Sitting back a bit, her previous train of thought gone; she stared pensively into her coffee. More than a decade of service, on dozens of worlds, in hundreds of campaigns...and warp jumps still unnerve me. "Ours is not to make reply, Ours is not to reason why, Ours is but to do and die."

"Well Lunette". Kel adjusted her hat. "I've no idea what I should say or do. I guess it's in His hands to cast my dice". The Emperor had lead her to the edge of death enough times. Yet never pushed her over, he must have one sick sense of humor. Kelvistine smiled at her own thoughts. "Anything you need before I take my leave"?

"So...what lead to this?" Lith asked, gesturing towards Urd and Dante. "Not many would be willing to bed a bo-" She continued with, before being interrupted. "Ummmm.... we'll be jumping into the warp, on our way to the eye... Brace for the jump please... We'll be jumping in five minutes...." Solar said with a definite stutter, as her voice rang out over the communications network. This caused a few of the officers that were already there to leave.

"Looks like we're gonna be heading into battle soon." Urd remarked as she drank a lot of the water in one gulp.

"Indeed it seems we are." Dante said calmly, as he drank the coffee, making sure to take his time with it.

"But still, we have a little time remaining on our hands. Lith, you were going to ask us something?" He then asked, not quite catching what Lith had said earlier due to the announcement.

"...e have a little time remaining on our hands. Lith, you were going to ask us something?"

"Huh? Oh yeah...I was asking how you two managed to hook up. Not many women would be willing to bed a bol...um...psyker." She said. Yeah insult him right to his face, real smooth Lithian

"since my original 'plan' for the evening passed out on my bunk, left to let you sleep, Dante was not far away so i decided to go talk to him, and well, i donno, seemed like a good way to 'vent' some much needed stress." Urd started "sides our talk brought to light he would be good breeding material and, he's nice to me in ways i don't get often back home, which is probably the real reason."

Urd paused a moment "though this puts me in an interesting situation" she said as she took another swig of water "i like both of you"

"Anything you need before I take my leave"?
"No, thank you though. Cary in your heart that no matter what happens, there will always be the emperor to fight for and he will support you. That is the most we can do now." She said. "You are dismissed as you please." The inquisitor said with a faint smile on her face. She definitely seemed improved from last night, however, she was getting a feeling growing in her gut about something.

Solar, up on the bridge in the Captain's chair.
Solar also had the feeling in her gut, not liking it, she bit on her lower lip in concern. Maybe i should call the jump off. I don't feel to good about it... she thought concerned.

"Three minutes to jump Inquisitor Solar." Their navigator said to her.

Solar nodded uneasily and sat back in the chair, preparing herself for the jump.

"Huh? Oh yeah...I was asking how you two managed to hook up. Not many women would be willing to bed a bol...um...psyker." Lith said, quickly changing the last words to avoid insulting Dante. He let out a brief giggle, before drinking more of his coffee; then placed the cup down on the table in front of him.

"If you were going to use the term 'Bolt Head' as a means to insult me; I've gotten use to it. Don't worry though, you are not in any danger of upsetting me." Dante remarked with a reassuring smile. He then listened to what Urd had to say on the matter.

"Since my original 'plan' for the evening passed out on my bunk, left to let you sleep, Dante was not far away so I decided to go talk to him, and well, I donno, seemed like a good way to 'vent' some much needed stress." She started with. "Sides, our talk brought to light he would be good breeding material and, he's nice to me in ways I don't get often back home, which is probably the real reason." Urd then paused for a moment. Dante blushed a little after that last comment, feeling good about himself.

"Though this puts me in an interesting situation." She remarked, pausing to drink some water. "I like both of you."

Dante said nothing at first, calmly finishing off his coffee, then thought for a moment.

"That it is an interesting conundrum to find yourself in Urd. But know this, I'll be there to support you; even when you think all is lost."

"If you were going to use the term 'Bolt Head' as a means to insult me; I've gotten use to it. Don't worry though; you are not in any danger of upsetting me."

Lith nodded at Dante's words then gave the man a wink. "Actually the term I was going to use was 'Bolt Magnet'." She said, with a smile. Sitting back, she listened while Urd spoke. "Since my original 'plan' for the evening passed out on my bunk, left to let you sleep, Dante was not far away so I decided to go talk to him, and well, I dunno, seemed like a good way to 'vent' some much needed stress." Well damn your drunken ass Lith! Lith thought to herself. "Sides, our talk brought to light he would be good breeding material and, he's nice to me in ways I don't get often back home, which is probably the real reason." Well I guess that makes sense...in a sad sort of way.

"Though this puts me in an interesting situation...I like both of you." Lith raised an eyebrow at that. Most times she'd found that when she made a fool of herself like she did, that was it; but this stunning woman was willing to give her another chance...maybe. Best lay your card on the table now.

"Well I've got to say I'm rather fond of you as well." She replied, before taking a sip of her coffee. "But I will be dead honest with you. If you're looking for any sort of deep emotional bond, best stick with Dante...I am a guardswoman. By all rights I should've died years ago."

"But I will be dead honest with you. If you're looking for any sort of deep emotional bond, best stick with Dante...I am a guardswoman. By all rights I should've died years ago."

"well" Urd started "we ARE on what amounts to a suicide missions so i hardly think that matters"

"I'll be there to support you; even when you think all is lost."

Urd smiled "i know, i just needed to say it, since it never good to hold stuff like that in, it can cause problems you know"

"Well I've got to say I'm rather fond of you as well." Lith said, responding to Urd's comment. In between sentences, she had a sip of coffee. "But I will be dead honest with you. If you're looking for any sort of deep emotional bond, best stick with Dante...I am a guardswoman. By all rights I should've died years ago."

"Whilst that may be the common conception of Imperial Guard soldiers Lith; isn't the fact that you are sitting here, talking to us at this very moment, proof that it isn't true. Fate has certainly been kind to you." Dante remarked, complementing Lith on her survivability thus far.

"I know, I just needed to say it, since it never good to hold stuff like that in, it can cause problems you know." Urd said, smiling towards Dante at the fact he would be there for her.

"I suppose you're right, if some things aren't said, who knows what might happen. In any case, I meant what I said earlier, I'll be there to help you, and I'm sure Lith will be as well; I mean, we are all in this together, it would be a shame for us to drift apart. "

Solara was sitting in the captain's chair, feeling that her gut was probably right. "Navigator, call off the jump." she ordered.

There was no reply.

"Navigator, call off the jump!" she ordered for a second time.

When no response came, She got up and began walking over to the navigator. While doing this, the ship jumped forward into the warp, beginning their decent into chaos, madness and hell. Solara was thrown to the ground, but recovered and stood up. She spun the man around and found a chaos rune on his forehead that she had never seen before. A burst of warp energy threw her backwards as the man was lifted into the air.

She tried to recover quickly again, but another blast sent her down as he was fully possessed by a blood-letter. The deamonspawn grinned at the downed girl. It charged her and she let out a kick that sent the creature flying back.

The two of them quickly got up, the bloodletter's sword glowing hot while Solara's chainsword spun up.
The two surged forwards and clashed as the young girl used the built in microphone iun her suit to broadcast to the rest of the ship.

"We have -clash- An unknown -grind tsing clash- Chaos taint aboard. Defend -tsing tsing clash- the ship." she got out to the system.

Around the ship, tainted crew members burst into portals that began spitting out tainted guardsmen and blood-letters.

As the massive ship lurched, one of the ships officers in the mess screamed then exploded in a cloud of gore, forming a portal with his death. Responding on instinct Lith leapt to her feet, laspistol and chainsword in hand, rushing the first thing to exit.

"We have -clash- An unknown -grind tsing clash- Chaos taint aboard. Defend -tsing tsing clash- the ship."

The first out was a heretic guardsman, who never even got a shot off, before Lith shot him between the eyes. As the other ship's crew began pouring fire into the portal with their personal weapons, she made her way to the mess exit. "DANTE! URD! GET THAT BLOODY THING CLOSED! I...I NEED TO CHECK SOMETHING!" She shouted before dashing down the hall.

Oh by the Emperor I hope Lunette hasn't turned... She thought as she sprinted. Lith spoke the truth when she told the Inquisitor that she wouldn't hesitate to strike...but the thought of fighting a Chaos infected Sororitas wasn't a thrilling idea.

"We have -clash- An unknown -grind tsing clash- Chaos taint aboard. Defend -tsing tsing clash- the ship."

Arthurius immediately rose from his prayers almost as soon as the Inquisitor began speaking, his psychic abilities and experience warning him of the imminent threat. He donned his helmet and with it clicking into place, he was ready to defend the ship. His plasma pistol was turned on and began to hum with the power held within, his sword held at the ready before himself as he turned to face his first opponents, three Imperial Guardsmen inscribed with the runes of Chaos and garbed in clothing old and ragged.

"The Emperor glowers on you this day,"He said as he cut down the first to attempt to break through his armor,"Cowards each and every one of you,"The Librarian continued, running through the second of the three,"To turn from His light and into the darkness of your enslavers."He cut the third in half, guts roping out as his torso was thrown against the side of the hallway they'd come out of.

All around the Dark Angel, Guardsmen, Sorioritas, Space Marines, and Men of all walks fought back the Enemy as they poured out of the blasted portals. A Daemon of Khorne stepped out of one of the Guardsmen aboard and charged straight for Arthurius, cursed weapon raised over its head as it spouted heresy of sorts from its vile tongue.

He held himself ready to meet the charge, and fired a plasma shot, it tore through the Daemon, but seemed to cause little damage, another shot was fired, this one doing more, but still not enough to bring the creature down. The two clashed in the grand hall, demon weapon sparking along the force sword as it was activated. The two exchanged blows, neither gaining an edge on the other,equally matched as they were.

"The Emperor's will drive you back, Hellspawn!"

The two clashed once more, this time the Astartes leaning backwards slightly, spinning out of the way of the stumbling Daemon, coming around behind it and, using both hands, skewering the creature through the back, it's death almost instant as the weapon pierced its flesh, exploding in bits of gore as it was sent back to the Warp.

"By bolter shell, flamer burst and melta blast, the mutant, the heretic and the traitor alike are cleansed of their sin of existence. So has it been for five millennia, so shall it be unto the end of time."

Sister Leoni burst through the door and turned to a group of several Daemons who charged at her, claws and weapons raised. Leoni raised her heavy flamer towards them, and lowered her helm.

"Embrace immolation!" Flames engulfed the hallway, covering it from wall to wall with holy fire. The charging Daemons began to fall apart each with each step before being sent back to the Warp in a flurry of fire and brimstone. She ceased her torrent of flame to see a charred hallway. Leoni saw nothing more and turned the other way towards the other bunks. Leoni went from bunk to bunk cleansing chaos wherever she saw it. By the time she had made her way down the hallway, there were several bunks burning behind her.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Fredrick was not moved by the jump but the pounding on his door made him uneasy. He readied "Carla" and went towards the door. The door opened and a Bloodletter charged towards him. In the few milliseconds Fredrick let off two lashots that hit the Daemon in between the eyes. The creature exploded into flame as it was sent back into warp.

"Damned thing..." Fredrick spit out. He upholstered his pistol and held Carla with one hand as he went out into the hellish halls.

The ship rocked about a bit as they entered the warp, an officer soon gave a blood curdling scream, then exploded into a mess of blood and bone, with his death culminating in the formation of a warp portal. Lith responded in a matter of moments, grabbing her weapons, and dashing towards the exit.

"We have -clash- An unknown -grind tsing clash- Chaos taint aboard. Defend -tsing tsing clash- the ship." Solar announced over the intercom, obviously facing her own demon. A heretical guardsman came out of the portal, but Lith dealt with him as quickly as he arrived. Others loyalist guardsmen soon, Lith was at the exit.

"DANTE! URD! GET THAT BLOODY THING CLOSED! I...I NEED TO CHECK SOMETHING!" She shouted before running down a corridor.

'Hmm, something tells me that she knows something we do not. No matter, such questions can be asked once things have been dealt with.' Dante thought to himself, remarking the slightly suspicious nature of Lith; before diving over the table to grab his spear from the clerk. Unfortunately, the man was an interloper of chaotic taint, a dark red aura emanated from his presence.

Dante quickly dodged the man's attacks, grabbing his spear in the midst of it all. With a single thrust, the spear went through the hellspawn's heart, causing him to shriek in pain.

"Go back to your master, creature of shadow." Dante called out, as he forced the blade further through the man, who soon exploded back from whence it came. More demons came through the portal, seeking to cause pain and misery, but above all others, chaos. These ones appeared to be stronger, and would require more than the spear. He soon let out bolt after bolt of psychic energy, each blast forcing them down but not dead.

One came straight for him, its golden eyes gleaming with blood thirsty intent. Dante soon gave a low chuckle, as the energy coursed through his arm; which was followed by a smile, signalling his intent.

"Witness your doom!" He shouted, sending a much stronger bolt of energy towards the demon, turning it into ash as it fell back through the portal.

Urd got up, spun around, grabbed the chair she was sitting in and broke it over the head of a tained guardsmen, drew her bolt pistol and shot him one in the face, all in one fluid motion.

Urd shot two more tainted guardsmen in the head before a Bloodletter came after her "uh huh ... thought you'd be bigger ... " she said with a hint of disapointment as she put two rather dismissive rounds in the demons head before drawing her axe to cut down another tainted guard

Shit...

He sprinted to his workshop ignoring the portals forming in the hallways he passed. As he entered he locked the door behind himself, he felt the jump so the door wouldn't do much to keep them out but atleast he'd be ready. He pulled the helmet seal on as he got to his workbench and began flicking on his servitors, most of them armed with flamers or meltas.

He heard his door being breached, something loud. He pulled his pistol from his holster and fired at a renegade in a single motion, it's head evaporating in the blue beam. He activated the remaining Servitors and ordered half of them to defend the workshop and the other half to support him on his way to the bridge.

First objective, retake bridge. Second objective, pull out of the warp. Third objective, check on the field. Fourth objective, Inquisition.

He began a march towards the bridge shooting anyone and anything he suspected of heresy.

The bridge.
Solara and the daemon traded blows, neither gaining much ground until Solara used a feint. She used the opening created to put the chain-sword straight into the daemons gut.The girl forced the sword upwards and cut the daemon in half, the creature already turning to ashes on its way back to the warp.
She watched as the portal closed and sealed up that entrance to the ship. She walked over to the navigation section and tried to bring the ship out of the warp, but to no avail, The ship didn't change course.

She tried multiple times, but the ship wouldn't change a thing. "Curse this ship, it won't budge!" she shouted.

Lunette meanwhile had gotten up and put on her armor, forsaking the proper rituals for safety's and time's sake. By the time she was done, she was out of breath and using her dual ended chainstaff as a support stick. The presence was taking a toll on her body, but she'd get through it, she had someone to guide still.

Covered in blood and gore, Lith lent against a bulkhead for a moment, gasping for breath as she did. Moment earlier she had rounded a corner to find a half-dozen heretics busy butchering some crew that they had caught unawares. So caught up in their slaughter, they didn't realize they were under attack until Lith hit them like the Emperor's own fury.

Her surprise was so total; she managed to shoot one traitor, decapitate another, and was in the process of disembowelling a third, before they even responded. As they turned their attention to Lith, the surviving crew attacked the remaining three chaos guardsmen killing them with whatever they could lay their hands on.

Having caught her breath, Lith pushed off from the wall and jogged the remaining distance to Lunette's quarters. Emperor grant me strength, so that I may see this day through. She thought in silent prayed. Taking one last deep breath, she stabbed the door control with the bloody end of her blade and dove into the room, trying to avoid silhouetting herself in the doorway.

Rising to her feet, she brought the sword to a guard position, and levelled her pistol at Lunette's head. SHIT! I hoped to catch her before she got her armour on...this might get difficult. "Whom do you serve!" Lith barked, her eyes hard and searching. "Answer quickly or I will burn you down!"

A smile appeared on Dante's face, as he saw Urd systematically take down several tainted guardsmen and a Bloodletter in quick succession, and without as much a drop of sweat on her face. He was impressed by her skill. However, now was not the time to simply stand back and watch; for there were more demons to kill.

Another group of Bloodletters came through the portal, cutting down a few of the loyalist guardsmen who tried to push them back, before they headed straight towards Dante. With a single swipe, he had cut down another before reacting to block the strike of another. They traded blows for a few moments before he decapitated it; sending its head back through the portal as its body turned into ash.

Dante quickly impaled another Bloodletter with his spear, pinning it to a wall, as he slashed at another with his power sword. He then blocked a flurry of attacks from the final one of the group's Hellblade, before he killed it with a well placed plasma bolt from his pistol. The fight had caused many of the tables and chairs to be tossed about with careless abandon. Dante's attention soon returned to the impaled Bloodletter, as he forcefully removed the spear, then decapitated it with a swift strike.

"All sinners, shall feel the Emperor's wrath, and learn to fear it." He remarked, seeing the devastation he brought upon these foul and vile demons of Chaos.

Another tainted guardsmen's head exploded as it tried to rush inside the bloody library. Fredrick saw a group of survivors making use of the Library's multiple levels and limited entryways as a killing zone for any of the Daemons who set foot. Fredrick lent his hand and rifle skills to the survivors and even climbing up one of the large bookshelves for a better vantage point. Anything Daemon or tainted was quickly perforated in a flurry of lasblasts from the survivors and Fredrick himself who often landed the first shot.

---------------------------------------------------

Blasts of fire tore through the hallway once more as more Daemons and tainted fell to Leoni's heavy flamer. The narrow hallways worked to her favor as her flames had nowhere else to travel but forwards and into the bodies of the damned. Very few even reached Leoni as their skin and bones were often burnt to a crisp before they could reach a hand towards her.

She made her rounds around the ship's corridors before seeing the guardswomen she saw before burst into a bunk. Leoni checked her rear before she continued forwards towards the guardswoman. Leoni heard the woman bark orders at somebody but then a door from a maintenance room burst open and a Bloodletter emerged. The stink of gore would have overwhelmed her if it wasn't for the fire from her flamer. It charged at Leoni and was met by a torrent of flame. As the beast died it threw its blade at Leoni. The wicked sharpness of the blade cut into Leoni's side as it scrapped by. The Daemon burst back into the warp but Leoni began to bleed from her side.

Lodrig was in the middle of his prayers when he heard the warning of a chaos taint on board. He could already hear the spitting sounds of las guns in the corridor outside the chapel. He took cover by the door. A team of four corrupt guardsmen breached the door. Lodrig slammed his chainsword into second cultists' head just above his mouth. He used the momentum of the attack to turn and put a two bolt rounds into the chest of the cultist standing just outside the threshold. Bars of angry red light hissed through the red cloud that was the mans upper torso, and slammed into Lodrig's carapace armour. His armour absorbed enough hits to let him roll out of sight to the other side of the door.

The first cultist through had turned around by this point at started shooting at Lodrig. Surprised by the ambush he wasn't shooting very accurately. Lodrig came out of his roll, and ran to cover behind one of the pews. One of the las-bolts hit his greave where it covered his knee, and knocked his leg out from under him. Lodrig tumbled in behind the pew, and shot under it. The bolt round hit the cultist's shin just above the ankle. The cultist screamed, and toppled over sideways. As he hit the ground he caught another bolt, and his head dissapeared into a cloud of gore.

There was still one cultist left and Lodrig was not going to waste valuable bolt rounds. He rushed over to the corpse behind the pews, and snatched up his lasgun. At this point the last cultist was inside the chapel now. He was check each row of pews, and behind the pillars. Luckily he was still near the entrance. Lodrig popped out of cover and fired three rounds. The first hit the man in the thigh the second slammed into his stomach in the third round found a home in his chest. Lodrig ran up before the cultist recovered and rammed his chainsword through his chest.

"Hehe... Lith give me a break. With my skills you'd be dead already if i wasn't in control of myself. But i still carry the emperor's light in me. The pain is immense in me, but i shall push through it. I know the ship is under attack and can understand why you'd come here. But this style of attack is one i am familiar with, as only one tainted marine i've encountered before used it. I'm wondering when he'll show his ugle fa-cough cough- damn it..." she said, having to catch her breath.

"But don't worry about myself, i'll be the last to willingly give up to anything." she got out, straightening herself up. The woman's pride for her life and of solara was one of the few things that kept her going.

Lith smiled and lowered her weapons as Lunette spoke. Her long service had taught her to read people pretty well; and she could see the truth, and pain, in Lunette's eyes. "Now don't get too full of yourself old woman." She said with her exaggerated smirk. "As Dante pointed out to me not to long ago, I am a rather long lived guardswoman, which means I have proven to be rather hard to kill...but all the same I'd rather not test that with you."

Wiping some of the heretic blood, from her eyes, she rolled her neck and shoulders. "Shall we? There's still plenty of killin' to be done."

Urd cut the arm off another Bloodletter with her axe before putting the last bolter round in the demons head "these guys are the servants of Khrone right?" she said to Dante over the sounds of battle as she replaced the empty Bolt Pistol with her Chainsword "then why are they worse fighters then Tzeentch's hoard ..." her tone annoyed as she,started to, what looked to be 'dance' through the battle, dodging and weaving through the demon's and tainted, her axe or Chainsword finding a neck, torso, or limb as she cut through the enemy

"These guys are the servants of Khorne right?" Urd said to Dante over the sounds of battle; she changed her now empty Bolt Pistol for her Chainsword, as she began to dance through the enemies that were between the two, managing a kill with each strike. "Then why are they worse fighters then Tzeentch's hoard ..."

"Yes, that is a rather interesting question Urd. Perhaps," Dante remarked with a look of intrigue, as he cleaved one tainted guardsmen, dressed in the disheveled armour and colours of the Blood Pact with his spear, and shot another with a bolt of psychic energy. "Perhaps these demons are relatively young in the Lord of Rage's horde, and have not had the chance to prove themselves in battle. Or perhaps whoever is controlling them, does not have a sufficient amount of skill to use them effectively." He then hurled his spear at a Bloodletter, its skull pierced from the impact, but it then returned to its owner's hands with a slight hum.

"We should probably do something about that portal soon."

Lunette shook her head. "I'll stay here locked up. I'm in no condition to help fight. I'd just be a burden. This room also doubles as a saferoom." the inquisitor explained. She checked her ammo and did a quick check over her armor, everything being in order. "Care about the others and make sure the ship is secure. I'll only come out if the ship is in jeopardy of being lost."

Solara was pissed as she couldn't get the ship off of its course. The girl had tried everything she was taught and nothing worked. There were a few options that her gut had told her. One was to physically take out the engines, and the other was to wait it out. for now, she had to wait here until someone else could come and hold the bridge.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here