Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 15 NEXT

Anthony ordered his servitors to guard the entrance to the bridge while he worked. He entered the bridge with his chainsword revved and his pistol raised.

He looked around and noticed Solara, it seemed Secure for the time being.

He lowered his weapons and approached her "Ma'am, orders?"

"We should probably do something about that portal soon."

Urd weaved around just right, and got two Bloodletters to stab each other dead "If you know how to do that, by all means do so" She said as she cut down a couple tainted guardsmen "That's something that I was never trained to do"

"I'll stay here locked up. I'm in no condition to help fight. I'd just be a burden. This room also doubles as a saferoom."

"Very well then." Lith replied sadly. "In that case I'm off; these assholes won't kill themselves...though it'd make life so much easier if they did." Stepping back into the hall the smell of burnt flesh and promethium assaulted her.

Spying the other Sororita she jogged over, her weapons held low to show that she wasn't hostile. I really'd rather not get torched by a friendly if I can help it. "M'lady I was about to ma..." Lith stopped mid-sentence when she saw the blood running down Sister Leoni's side. Spying the hellblade lodged in a nearby wall, she grimaced. Great, we've got those assholes as well.

"Forgive my impertinence m'lady, but I'd like you out of that armour as fast as possible. Hellblade wounds are not something to be left untreated." She said, holstering her laspistol, and retrieving the small emergency medi-pack from the small of her back. It contained little more than a single stim-pack, a small dose of healing agent, and a bit of sterile clay, but it was better than nothing.

The guardswoman approached Leoni as she assessed the severity of her wound and at the rate blood was flowing, it was definitely a problem.

"Forgive my impertinence m'lady, but I'd like you out of that armour as fast as possible. Hellblade wounds are not something to be left untreated."

She was right and this wound wasn't something to be ignored. Leoni looked left to right for any more hostiles before looking to the guardswoman.

"I agree but treating wounds require some peace and quiet for the sake of effectiveness along with the lack of any unwanted visitors." Leoni looked left and right before spotting a vacant bunk. It's inhabitant was outside with his entrails sprawled all over the floor. "Over there."

They made their way to the bunk which was clean for the most part. She stepped over the corpse and once Lith was in Leoni peeked outside one last time before closing the door. The door locked and Leoni carefully placed her flamer along with its pack aside. Soon she took off her chest piece and the wound looked especially horrid now. Leoni removed her helm and looked at Lith.

"Make it quick." Leoni sat on the bed.

As Sister Leoni shed her gear, Lith rummaged through the quarters for anything else that may be of use.

"Make it quick."

"Ricky tik ma'am!" She replied. Using a clean shirt she'd found, Lith cleared the worst of the blood away before applying the healing agent. As it began to clot the wound she smeared the clay over it, and then pressed a bandage over the wound before wrapping a strip of cloth around Leoni's torso to hold it in place. "Done. It's not great, but it should do until you can get to an apothecary."

Anthony figured Solara was in shock and walked over to a terminal, where he attempted to pull the ship out of the warp.

"I apologize... Andrew was it? I was thinking..." the girl said with a frown on her face. "But trying that won't work. I already have done everything i can to get the ship to come out of the warp jump... I must ask you to hold down the bridge though. Can you do that please?" she asked him.

The ship then violently shook, Solara rushed over to one of the windows on the bridge, seeing a smaller ship boarding the inside of the warp. "By the Emperor... i've never seen or head of such a thing happening...." she said.

"You must hold the bridge." She said then grabbed her chain sword and bolt pistol. "Please don't let anyone gain control of the bridge. You know to reach me on the comms..." she said and took off down the hall.

No sooner did Solara leave, then a new portal opened up on the bridge, letting through tainted marines.

Anthony dived behind a pillar and began chanting the mechanicums ancient litanies of war in techna-lingua (something he knew his servitors would react to) as electricity began flowing through his body. He heard some of the marines approaching...

Anthony's servitors began pouring into the bridge from outside the hall, they immediately opened fire on the heretics with jets of promethium and melta blasts. Anthony ran out from behind the pillar, still chanting began to blast the heretics with plasma and arcs of electricity.

He heard screams of pain mingled with something coming from the fallen marines as he cooked one and then another and then another.

"If you know how to do that, by all means do so." Urd remarked, after managing to trick two Bloodletters to kill one another; she then quickly dispatched a couple of tainted Guardsmen. "That's something that I was never trained to do."

"Neither was I Urd. Usually portals are dangerous things to be tampering with; but, if we have to take a risk in order to seal it shut, then thats what I'll do." Dante said with a smirk as he pierced a Bloodletter through the chest, turning it into ash, when suddenly the heavy thud of metal came through the portal; as he turned round and saw several chaotic Space Marines appearing forth. With a mixture of red and black armour, and a clawed fist as their heraldry, it marked them as the Red Corsairs.

"Look out Urd, Chaos Space Marines coming through the portal!" Dante shouted, as he avoided the combat knife of one, whilst hurling psychic energy at another, knocking it back. The first then began wildly stabbing at Dante, with each blow making contact with his spear. Jabbing the marine with the shaft of his spear, he then stab it through the head, collapsing to the floor.

Arthurius made his way to the bridge, where he was certain the Daemons and Traitors would attempt to take over as soon as they could. Unfortunately he was slowed by Traitor Guard and instead spent his time instead plowing through the Men of Chaos. Where he swung, limbs and lives were lost, both meaning less than the feeblest old man on Necromunda and the various Hive Worlds scattered throughout the Imperium. He finished off the last of the group and continued on, minor scratches on his armor being his only wounds.

The Epistolary arrived at the bridge, just after the Traitor Marines had begun pouring through a new gate. Two were killed as he charged, one from three shot of his plasma pistol, and one from the tiniest scratch caused by the force sword he held in his hand, glowing with power.

"Back to your Masters you traitorous scum."

He clashed with two others, neither side gaining the upper hand until he unleashed his powers, a risky move considering the Chaos portal a few steps away. Closing his eyes and trusting in the Emperor to keep him defended the few hearbeats it took to conjure the power capable of what he intended to unleash. A glow started from his eyes as he opened them, quickly engulfing his armor and body in a blue almost white, a barrier against the weapons of his opponents. He stepped forth and allowed an attack through, which connected with the light and bounced back, no damage to the armor at all.

"You are powerless against the Imperium, Traitor, now back to your dark pit from whence you came! Eternal torture is your reward, scum."

He slashed out, the armor breaking against the strength behind his strike and a flash from within the helmet as the sword bit into his body, again killing him instantly. A spin and he crossed swords with the remaining Marine he'd been fighting. Neither giving ground, both equally matched. Arthurius had dropped his pistol in favor of testing his strength against the Traitor Marine. Slowly but surely his opponent began losing, the Dark Angel stood his ground, his opponent weakening as time went on, Arthurius only keeping strong against his opponent. Then the Red Corsair pulled back suddenly, leaving the Epistolary open to attack for the briefest of moments, and the power sword he wielded came down for a killing blow to his neck, only to be stopped by the light outlining his body, leaving nothing but a scratch on the armor underneath. The Librarian retaliated by driving his own sword through the armor and body of the Marine, and removing it, leaving him to slump backwards, dead.

There was still work to do however, and Arthurius knew it. He retrieved his pistol from the bloodstained deck and turned to face the remaining Traitor Marines on the bridge.

Anthony heard plasma shots coming from the other side of the bridge "Back to your Masters you traitorous scum." He looked over and saw the librarian from before, a possible liability here. But any space marine could make a great ally here, still a psyker in the warp.

Anthony fired a few more blasts into the face of a rapidly approaching traitor, vaporising it's head. "You are powerless against the Imperium, Traitor, now back to your dark pit from whence you came! Eternal torture is your reward, scum."

Anthony stopped chanting and marked the librarian as a friendly to the servitors, so that they wouldn't open fire on him when they ran out of targets.

He looked around and saw another traitor marine walking through the portal.
Realizing this might not end he yelled in high gothic "Can you close it?!"

As Leoni finished getting back into her armour, Lith peeked out into the corridor to make sure it was still clear. "Since you seem to be well in hand here, I must run." She said over her shoulder. "I really need to get back to the Officer's Mess, what with a warp portal opening there and all." With that she slipped out the door and took off at a mad dash, back the way she'd originally come.

The return run was uneventful, and Lith was just starting to think the worst might be over, when she stepped back into the Mess and saw Dante, Urd, and various crewmembers fighting with traitor Marines. "Oh fuck my life..." She muttered.

As one Marine staggered, from Dante's psychic attack, she revved her chainsword and rushed into the fray. A slash across the back of the knee, where the armour was weaker, brought her target down. While the giant was still trying to recover she jumped onto his massive chest, and with all her might brought, the madly screaming blade of her weapon down on his head.

As the monomolecular blade bit into the ceramite helmet, Lith screamed in anger. Driving the weapon down, she kept going until bone and tissue began to spray. Seeing the portal still open, she fell back on an old Cadian axiom "When in doubt, blow it up!" Scampering across the room, she made her way over where she'd been sitting earlier, finding her lasgun still roughly where she'd left it. Ducking behind an over turned table, she pried open the weapon and made a few VERY unapproved modifications, overcharging it, turning the lasgun into a rather powerful grenade.

Taking a deep breath Lith closed her eyes and said a prayer.
"Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me.
Blessed be the Emperor my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
O my God-Emperor, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
"

With that she stood, pulled the trigger on the lasgun starting a cascade reaction in the power pack, and hurled it with all her might into the portal. "GET DOWN!" She screamed, throwing herself flat. Seconds later the whole room shook as a large explosion rolled back out of the warp.

"Look out Urd, Chaos Space Marines coming through the portal!"

Urd lopped the head off one final tainted guardsmen and turn to see what Dante was talking about, Red Corsairs, and behind them, a World Eater, armed with a Deamon Maul, took one look at Urd and charged her, trampling a Red Corsair in the process.

Urd avoided the charge and, was forced to dodge a swing from the maul before she could counter him with her axe to the softer part of the armoring on his side, which he pretty much ignored even with blood spilling from his side. It Urd's 'duel' went on like this, for a few minutes, dodging, ducking, and narrowly avoiding getting splattered against the wall, while only inflicting 'light' wounds, before the Chaos Marine got her with a faint that only grazed her, but still got enough of her to bounce her off a wall with enough force to knock the weapons from her hands. the second her feet touched the floor again she hopped to the right, drawing reloading and firing her bolt pistol into the small holes she'd made in his armor as he slammed the maul in the the wall where she was.

the rounds she pumped into his side got his attention, and she put two more into his helm to further disorient him while she grabbed the nearest weapon she could and threw it at his neck. it was only after it'd buried it self in the wall behind the now headless Chaos Marine that she'd realized she'd thrown a Hell Blade at him.

but before she'd had a chance to ponder the potential side effects,"GET DOWN!" Lith shouted, Urd not even noticing she'd returned.

Urd threw her self on the floor and covered her head as a warp explosion rocked the room

Dante continued to fight off a mixture of various Demons, and the Guardsmen who had succumbed to Ruinous Powers of Chaos. He stepped back to avoid the oncoming charge of a World Eater Marine carrying a hefty Daemon Maul, its spikes dripping with blood as its accursed metal stank of taint and death. It began a duel with Urd, each one not giving any quarter to their opponent.

Urd had to play on the defensive for a while, as she dodged and duck to avoid the wild and frenzied swings from the Daemon Maul. Her weapons became scattered halfway through, with her Power Axe landing near to Dante. He picked up the weapon as a deranged Guardsmen came charging towards him with a combat knife, the eyes showing unbridled fury. With little time to react, he threw his spear at another target, then grabbed his Power Sword to block the knife attack. Power Axe in hand, he raised it high, a fierce look in his eyes as they glowed with psychic energy.

"I will split your thoughts open!" Dante shouted as he embedded the axe into the Guardsmen's head, his psychic energy granting him additional cutting power. He panted briefly, seeing that Urd had killed the World Eater Marine by decapitating it with a thrown Hell Blade. There wasn't that much time to relax however, as Lith came charging back into the room.

"GET DOWN!" The woman from Cadia shouted, as she throwed her lasgun into the portal. Seeing what her plans was mere moments before it happened, Dante threw himself behind cover as an explosion occurred causing the demons and heretics to simply burn away. The force of the overall explosion caused the room to go dark briefly, before they flickered into life again.

Dante began panting heavily, he hadn't been in a skirmish like this for awhile, so you could say he was a little out of practice. He did however notice a Chaos Marine who survived the explosion, and was sneaking up behind Urd, ready to strike her down. His spear returned right at that moment, its return being disrupted by the warp explosion. Dante then threw the spear at the would be assassin, sending it straight to the floor. With concern now for Urd, he got up and went over to her, the Power Axe in his other hand.

"Urd, are you alright, you hurt in anyway. Also, I have something that belongs to you." Dante remarked with a smile as he presented the axe to Urd.

Urd pushed her self up as a Chaos Marine fell down beside her, Dante's spear sticking out of its back.

"Urd, are you alright, you hurt in anyway. Also, I have something that belongs to you." Dante remarked with a smile as he presented her axe to her

Urd took her axe in hand and used to help push her self back up "I'll live, though" rubbing her chest through her breast plate "Doesn't feel like it. Even a nick from those thing hurts like hell" She said, then smiled at Dante "And thank you, for the save. I'd give you a hug and a kiss but I'm covered in 'heretic', so I'll have to give those to you later" she said with a wink

"did we get them all?" Urd asked, looking around, the Hell Blade wedged in the wall catching her eye, for a moment she looked concerned. "What of the rest of the ship? any word on how things fair else where?" Urd pushing the potential problems the deamon blade might cause out of her mind for now, holding the ship came first.

Urd had taken the axe from Dante, using it as some kind of crutch to push herself up. "I'll live though." Urd said, rubbing her chest through her breastplate "Doesn't feel like it. Even a nick from those thing hurts like hell." She then smiled at Dante. "And thank you, for the save. I'd give you a hug and a kiss but I'm covered in 'heretic', so I'll have to give those to you later." She said with a wink. This caused Dante to chuckle briefly.

"Fair enough then Urd, although I will hold you to that." Dante remarked slyly as he began to look around what was the Officer's Lounge. It looks as though a couple of Loyalist Guardsmen had lived through the ordeal, albeit by the skin of their teeth.

"Did we get them all?" Urd asked as she looked as well.

"From the looks of things Urd, I think we did. Whatever we didn't kill, probably got burned to a crisp due to that explosion." He then noticed Lith getting up from off the floor.

"I must say Miss Lith, that certainly was good timing and quick thinking on your part. Well done."

While ducking back behind the table did help a bit, Lith still felt rather sore and bruised from the whole ordeal.

"I must say Miss Lith, that certainly was good timing and quick thinking on your part. Well done."

"Thanks Dante." She said, stiffly getting to her feet. "First time I've actually ever tried that...I'm just glad I got it through the portal, probably would've killed us all if I'd missed." Going back to the Red Corsair she'd killed earlier, she pulled her chainsword from the wreckage of the heretics head, spitting on the remains for good measure.

work in progress

"Fair enough then Urd, although I will hold you to that."

Urd smirked "i've no doubts of that"

"From the looks of things Urd, I think we did. Whatever we didn't kill, probably got burned to a crisp due to that explosion."

"yay ... we save the officers lounge, what about the rest of the ship?" Urd asked again

Digging through the ruin around her, Lith scrounged up a new lasgun from a dead crewman, and well as a few more power packs.

"Yay ... we saved the officer's lounge, what about the rest of the ship?"

"That's easy." She replied as she walked up to Urd. "We fight. We clear this ship of these warp filth, section by section, or room by room if need be, but we fight." Looking around, Lith could see that the remaining ship's crew had things well in hand and were turning the Mess into a stronghold of sorts.

"We should push out towards the bridge, and send any survivors back here." Lith said. Gesturing to the crew members around them, she raised an eyebrow. "No offence Dante but I think they'd feel a little better not having a psyker in their midst." After a moment, she took off her helmet, and knelt in prayer.

"I offer my life to the Emperor, I pray that He accepts it.

I offer my strength to the Emperor, I pray that he redresses it.

I offer my blood to the Emperor, I pray that it quenches His thirst.

I offer my body on the altar of the battlefield, I pray He grants me a noble death.

I pray for His protection, as I offer all that I am. "

"Yay ... we saved the officer's lounge, what about the rest of the ship?" Urd asked after not getting a response the first time.

"That's easy." Lith said as she walked up to the pair after scavenging a new lasgun and some power packs. "We fight. We clear this ship of these warp filth, section by section, or room by room if need be, but we fight." As she spoke, the surviving crew were at work turning the Officer's Lounge into a more defensible position.

"We should push out towards the bridge, and send any survivors back here." Lith remarked as she turned to Dante. "No offence Dante but I think they'd feel a little better not having a Psyker in their midst." Dante looked a little perturbed about the comment, but could see the reasoning, everyone felt uneasy when a Psyker was around, due to what could happen if something went wrong. It was a stigma that had existed for millennia, and it had no signs of going away soon; it was something he just had to accept.

"Fair enough Lith, as long as these men can steel themselves against our enemies, then they shall be safe. Also, a good suggestion sending survivors back here to a more defensive position. Should we happen to find a Medic or an Apothecary, we should direct them back here as well; so the injured can be treated." Dante remarked, slightly annoyed, but understanding. He then looked at the two women.

"Alright then, whenever you two are ready, we shall depart."

As soon as the wound was sealed and she was armored up again, Leoni set out once more into the breach. This time, she pushed towards the cafeteria, leaving fiery rooms and hallways in her wake. Once she arrived, Leoni came to a scene of chaos. Survivors were doing their best to ward off an onslaught of Daemons and tainted guardsmen alike and their numbers were dwindling fast. Leoni made her way to a cluster of survivors and lit aflame the hellspawn. The sight of her fighting inspired the survivors to rally, and fight harder. Swaths of hellspawn were incinerated as more came through the doorways, hearing the battle. Soon the battle turned to their favor but there were still more coming. Then the comms crackled. A distress call.

"This is a distress signal to anyone with comms on this bloody ship..."

--------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a group of survivors in the library but we are being overrun. I repeat, we are being overrun." Fredrick said into the comms that he had taken off one of officers nearby. The library doors were streaked with the blood of the fallen but now only daemons crashed through the improvised defenses.

The heavy library shelves that was being used as a barricade were being splintered by the Daemons outside. One of the crewman screamed as he was stabbed by a Hellblade, bracing the door. Fredrick planted a few shots through the gap where the blade stabbed through, killing the Daemon behind it but there were no doubt more behind the defenses. Then one of the barricades burst open and a chaos space marine charged through, killing the two attending defenders. The marine didn't step a single pace before he was sent back into the warp thanks to Fredrick but soon more tainted ran through.

"Southwest door is breached!" Fredrick yelled from his nest. He fired and fired again at the tainted guardsmen, dropping them in a few shots but his ammunition supply was beginning to run out.

"I'll head to the Library and lend assistance there" Urd said as she picked up her Chainsword

"May the Emperor have mercy on their souls, for they will find none in me" She said after giving Dante a swat on the backside but before he was out of earshot of her.

Just before they were about to leave, the communications system crackled into life.

"This is a distress signal to anyone with comms on this bloody ship... There is a group of survivors in the library but we are being overrun. I repeat, we are being overrun." The man said, as the desperate sounds of a slowly losing battle could be heard in the background.

"I'll head to the Library and lend assistance there." Urd said as she picked up her Chainsword.

"May the Emperor have mercy on their souls, for they will find none in me." She added after giving Dante a slap on the backside, but before he was out of earshot of her. Dante gave out a chuckle, then his face formed a devious smirk, though it was difficult to notice.

'Oh you are a naughty girl Urd... this is going to be so much fun.' He thought to himself before turning to Lith.

"Do you think we should go with her, or head to another area of the ship?"

Lith was still in prayer, trying to center her thoughts for the coming battles.

"Our Emperor who art in Terra,
Hallowed be thy name."

"There is a group of survivors in the library but we are being overrun. I repeat, we are being overrun."
Her eyes closed as she prayed, she frowned as the comm. cut through. She'd heard that desperate plea before...Mustafar IV, Corperal Tiber's frantic call for help that never came...

"Your empire come, your will be done, on Caria as on Terra.
Give us this day our daily ammo."

"May the Emperor have mercy on their souls, for they will find none in me"
No, no mercy, we will grant them only death and ruin.

"Purge us of our sins,
As we purge those who sin against us."

"Do you think we should go with her, or head to another area of the ship?"

"Save us from the time of trial,
And deliver us from chaos."

Letting out a slow breath Lith stood, gathering her gear as she did. "Dante...we go where we know we are needed." Unlike how she'd been when she'd arrived back at the Mess, Lith as now calm and collected; but one look in her eyes showed a barely restrained fury.

"Lieutenant." She called to one of the ships officers, who were organizing the survivors. "Sir, once you've got a defence set here, could you send anyone you can spare along to the Library...we'll probably need the reinforcements." With that she set off after Urd.

The second Urd hit the hall she broke into a full sprint to the library. On the way she reloaded her side arm, taking pot shots at what ever stragglers she saw.

A few minutes and about a dozen dead Heretics later, she wasn't keeping track, she arrived at one of the entrances to the library to find it clogged with targets, stopped by a failing barricade, fortunately, she'd picked up a frag grenade on the way, lifted from the body of a dead IG.

She pulled the pin, tossed it and waited for the explosion around a corner. After the grenade ripped a good sized chuck out of the targets at the back Urd opened fire on the Heretics still standing, aiming only for the head and neck.

"Dante...we go where we know we are needed." Lith on the outside look cool, calm and collected; but deep down she looked as though she had a burning fury that wanted release. Dante silently nodded in agreement as she called over one of the other officers who was organizing a defence.

"Lieutenant. Sir, once you've got a defence set here, could you send anyone you can spare along to the Library...we'll probably need the reinforcements." Lith then went off after Urd. Wasting no time, Dante went off in pursuit as well, leaving the defence of the Officer's Club hopefully in the capable hands of the Lieutenant. He could see around a dozen dead Heretic bodies, their wounds so severe, he couldn't tell what they were, be they human or demon. Demons appeared from the shadows of nearby rooms, as if they were there the whole time. One by one they came after Dante, each wielding a foul blade of hate and malice.

Given the width of the corridors, his spear would not be of much use, so Dante stowed it away, and brought out his power sword and plasma pistol, and began to counter their attacks. Dante had knocked out the blade of one, and killed another with a plasma bolt. The third wore armour, so it took more work to ware down before a hole in the armour meant a psyker bolt charred its body to ash. During this, the first had recovered its blade, and Dante narrowly avoided a swing at his head but he retaliated by first removing the demons's sword arm, then its head. Dante then carried on towards Urd.

The ship violently shook again from something. This time, in the main hall where Lunette had first gathered them, a portal opened at the top of the platform. The floor shook as a massive foot set itself down on the floor.

Solara
The acting inquisitor made her way down to to Lunette's room. She finally made it down there and forced the door open. She found Lunette standing with the weapon acting as a walking stick. Solara sensed three conflicting forces inside the person she considered her mother. "Mother-" She began but was cut off By Lunette. "Don't say a word. We both know what dwells within me..." she said short of breath. "...but you need to get me to the main hall now... ...i remember this kind of attack, once before..." she said as Solara came to her aid and slipped under Lunette's free arm to support her.

Solara had her bolt pistol out and the duo made their way to the main hall, solara putting bolter rounds through corrupted marines heads.

When they got to the main hall, Lunette immediately recognized the foul figure standing atop it.

He was standing with his right shoulder to them, the glow of the portal making it difficult to see what was on his left shoulder pad.

"Well Lunette... you're all grown up now..." The corrupted marine's voice came through his breathing apparatus, deep and raspy. You seem to have a little friend there... and she'd make an oh sooo great tribute to the warp... Not to mention a fantastic flagship for me..." he said.

"Torturer... you're still as corrupted as when you killed my master, even more so since i spot new trophies on that cursed suit of your's...." Lunette got out glaring at him. Though, she and solara began to get a bit worried when the hall began to fill up with the taint of chaos corrupted warriors

All around the ship, any chaos warrior not engaged directly in one on one combat began retreating to the main hall of the ship.

Lith had been making here way after Urd, when the ship lurched again. All at once she say heretics begin moving in one direction and against better judgment, or sanity, she followed them. Rounding a corner into the final corridor, she saw the doors to the Main Hall, hatred and corruption where almost palpable in the air.

As she got closer and closer, she could feel her conscious and rational mind being slowly subsumed by a nervous frantic energy...she wanted to do something, she just wasn't sure what. Entering the hall Lith saw the portal, and the grotesque figure before it. The chaos horde ignored her as she made her way to the Inquisitor and her young charge.

"...I spot new trophies on that cursed suit of yours...."

Looking at Lunette and Solara she smiled a mad woman's smile, before facing Torturer...and laughed. "Death..." She tittered. "You'll find naught but death here coward." Between the stress and anger of the past while, along with a whole host of unresolved psych issues, Lithian Samius Ortona snapped.

Laughing and visibly shaking, she dropped her lasgun and pulled the chainsword from her back, clutching the grip with both hands. "Coward, coward, coward." Lith went on in a sing-song voice. "So big, so strong...so afraid. Spent all your years feeing like a god, then something happened to remind you that you are still just a man...despite all the gear, training, and enhancement...just a man. So what do you do? You go simpering to the pervert god, and let it fuck you up the ass, give up your soul, just so you can live a little bit longer."

Cocking her head to the side, she giggled like a small child. "Foolish, foolish, coward man...death will still find you. Death is patient it will wait, but it will find you...your 'god' will lose interest in you, and then POP! All your fears will come true and you'll be gone, gone for all time. Me on the other hand? I will die...I may die right here, but I know I will be reborn beyond the cares of the flesh at His side, but you in your fear for your flesh will be denied."

Solara saw what had happened to Lith and immediately got worried. Lunnette gave a nod and stood up under her own power, readying her weapon. Meanwhile, solara dashed over to Lith an stood infront of her, grabbing the guards woman by her shoulders and shaking her. "Listen Lith! you need to snap out of this!" Solara said, and upon see this had little to no effect on the woman, she leaned forward and kissed her.

Torturer began to make a move towards them, but found his path stopped by Inquisitor Lunette. "Your frail body couldn't stop me then, so now in a weakened state, you're not even a challenge." he said and brought his power claw down towards her.

Lunette brought her chain staff up to meet it in a block and was sent to one knee. She was straining down on one knee when she began to look up at him.

"What do you say maria, should we kill her?" He asked as Luna's eyes fell onto Sister Maria, one of her best friends at the convent. She was strung up on his left shoulder, her lower half of her body missing. She was only being kept alive by the ruinous powers of the warp.

Lunette's eyes welled up with tears. Tears of sorrow, anger and grief filled them as she let both of the forces fighting for her into herself at once. She began to glow with a pinkish purple glow as well as a golden glow. One half of her chain staff became completely golden and the other pink and flesh covered, the sharp points of the chain being reformed to look like tongues.

She pushed back with a newfound force inside of her and threw Torturer back. "YOu will not take anymore lives of those i know while i am supported by two gods..." Lunette said standing with newfound power.

Torturer charged her using his raptor thruster pack and tried to slam into her with the power claw. Lunette used her Chain staff vault over him, cutting Maria free and snagging her from him in the process. Torturer stopped and spun around to face her. How pathetic... you still care about her. Matters not. he said and motioned for a number of Deamons to charge her.

Lunette put Maria on her back and began to battle with the deamons in a flurry of spins and the whirring of the chainsaws.

Urd was cutting through the hoard of chaos tainted traitors when those she wasn't fighting directly stopped and start to leave the area. She was naturally confused, but saw to those who where holding the library first

Anthony saw the portal close and the remaining heretics bolt past him and his servitors towards somewhere...

It didn't matter what caused it, the bridge had to be secured. He ordered his surviving servitors to incinerate the dead while he got to work fortifying the room against more attacks.

He grabbed scrap metal from the terminals that were destroyed beyond hope and flicked on his torches and his welding apparati. He began sealing and reinforcing the entrances, he decided it would be safest if he only left two clear entrances. The two entrances he left functioning were the most inconvenient and they were lockable, which he took advantage of by locking them to the outside.

When he was done he ordered his technical servitors to begin reinforcing the doors and had a medicae servitor inspect him for wounds.

Upon arriving at the library, Dante saw demons simply leave the room entirely, ignoring people entirely; as if something was calling them away. This had him confused, through the encounters he had with Chaos, he had never witnessed an event like this before; which since it involved Chaos, meant trouble. Dante saw Urd heading towards those who were holding the library, there were a handful of Guardsmen left standing after the assault; he silently thanked the Emperor for this.

Dante could feel a strange presence in the Warp, something that was unsettling. It was like a mixture of both light and darkness. Casting these thoughts aside, he went over to join Urd and the defenders.

"A rather fine job you have done here Guardsmen; you certainly have proven yourselves, and the Emperor would be proud. Should any of you have injuries, the Officer's Club has been turned into a fortified location, and given the fact that the demons seem to be moving off to somewhere else, it should be a safe place." He then turned to Urd.

"Urd, whenever we are done here, we should find out where those demons were heading to; it may lead us to the root of the problem."

She grinned from ear to ear, and tensed to attack as the heretic lord started to move.

"Listen Lith! You need to snap out of this!"
So much noise. Noise but no threat...

The kiss made Lith blink, her eyes refocusing on the figure in front of her. Slowly the blade of her c-sword dropped, as she caressed Solara's face with a hand. "Hello little god..." She muttered, the manic gleam starting to fade. Staring at the young psyker, tears formed in her eyes. "So much pain...hounded and assailed but never broken."

Her hand trailed across Solara's cheek and down her neck. "So young, but soo strong...to endure what would break so many others. Little one..." A flash of mauve over the young girls shoulder caught her eye. In a blink her hand snapped to the collar of Solara's armour, and gripping it firmly Lith yanked her off balance pulling her away barely in time, from the lethal slash from a Daemonette.

The creature snarled in annoyance, while Lith re-griped her blade. "Be gone whore of the pervert king!" She snapped. "Leave or I shall send you back to the warp in pieces!" "Now, now Lithian." It replied. "There's no need for that." Affecting a much more casual stance, it smiled. "They could be yours you know..." It's voice seemed to weave through Lith's fragmented, and manic mind. "Imagine the fun you could have...the pleasures that could be yours..."

Lith stood for a moment not saying anything, then her face twisted with rage as she spat in the Daemonette's face. "Do not test me whore!" She raged. "My faith is pure; you have nothing to offer me!" Her fury was so great that some of the heretic guard that where watching, started to move back.
"Very well then child." It replied, with a nasty smile. "I will enjoy this."

In a flash it attacked, at speed no normal human could match, but before it could kill Lith it was knocked back by a brilliant flash. "NO!" Came a high pitched scream as Solara stood her eyes aglow. Closing her eyes, she began to envelop Lith with her powers. As this happened Lith became surrounded by a brilliant golden glow, her eyes still on the daemon. Cocking her head to the side, she spoke. "I told you whore...you should have run."

Faster than what should've been possible, she attacked. The daemonette tried to move clear but Lith was on it, before thought could become action. Her chainsword roared as she sent it tearing through the abomination, it not even having the time to scream before it fell to ash. As it died she raised her face to the ceiling and let loose a cry of pure of fury, causing the masses of heretic guardsman who had gathered for a show to brake and run.

"A rather fine job you have done here Guardsmen; you certainly have proven yourselves, and the Emperor would be proud. Should any of you have injuries, the Officer's Club has been turned into a fortified location, and given the fact that the demons seem to be moving off to somewhere else, it should be a safe place."

Urd turned to see Dante, and smirked "What took you so long?" she said, knowing full well he wouldn't have been able to keep up with her anyway "Anyway" turning back to the Guardsmen "He's right, move to the Officers Lounge, we don't know how long this lull will last, best to take advantage of it"

"Urd, whenever we are done here, we should find out where those demons were heading to; it may lead us to the root of the problem." he said to her

"My thoughts exactly, lets go" Urd said as she headed for the entry way

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked