D.I.C.E. (Modern Day Supernatural and Sci-fi RP. Interest & Sign up)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Step into Hell on Earth

Demons have walked the earth for almost as long as man has, and have been a nuisance for just as long. It's for this reason that we've always had slayers to even out the infestation. They've done such a good job over the past couple thousand years, it'd be easy to think they didn't exist. You'd be wrong. It's guy like me that save your collective asses every day. I get rid of the monsters without you even knowing about it. Unfortunately, these guys are starting to cause a bigger ruckus like the old days. And even badass demon slayers need help once in awhile. So what do you say? Are you in?- Colonel Lin. Head of Division 1.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Demonic Intelligence, Communication, & Execution squad, also known on the books as just D.I.C.E. Our job is simple. When demons start popping up, we send you deal with them, and wipe up any evidence. Your Oni, your succubuses, your weird floating heads. We cover it all. We have a fair number of recruits mixed in with the veterans today, so let's do a little review of the basics.

Everyone is broken up into the divisions. What division you're placed in determines the missions you go on, and the equipment you get access to.

Still working on it, just posting the skeleton before I take a break to think... and probably sleep.

I know you said 'No Division Zero characters' but I hope you find the character interesting enough and are happy that I put the character on the start of his progression into badassary, rather than full-blown-ninja-killer-god.

I want to join, but I have a question: I'm not the best at using scientific terms and such, but I want to make a character for division 6. Is that a bad idea? I could read up a bit on different topics, but I just want to know if it's a big no-no.

DarkRawen:
I want to join, but I have a question: I'm not the best at using scientific terms and such, but I want to make a character for division 6. Is that a bad idea? I could read up a bit on different topics, but I just want to know if it's a big no-no.

You wont have to rant off techno-babble constantly. Tf you think you can make it work, go for it.

Dectomax:
I know you said 'No Division Zero characters' but I hope you find the character interesting enough and are happy that I put the character on the start of his progression into badassary, rather than full-blown-ninja-killer-god.

Only NPCs can be in Division Zero right now. Change that and everything else should be fine.

Shadowstar38:

DarkRawen:

You wont have to rant off techno-babble constantly. Tf you think you can make it work, go for it.

Dectomax:

Only NPCs can be in Division Zero right now. Change that and everything else should be fine.

Meh, well that's dampening. Ahwell - In that case I'll duck out.

Here is my character. I don't know how to put it in a spoiler though, sorry.

Edit: Found out how to do it, since it was bothering me.
Edit 2: Expanded on the bio.

Hmm, this RP sounds interesting. A question for you Shadow, would characters from Division Two, specifically on the Magic side, be allowed to have a magical spirit with them as an assistant of sorts? Its just I have an idea in mind for a character, and would also create a separate sheet for the spirit as well.

Sounds good, I'll start work on a sheet now.

Evrant:
Hmm, this RP sounds interesting. A question for you Shadow, would characters from Division Two, specifically on the Magic side, be allowed to have a magical spirit with them as an assistant of sorts? Its just I have an idea in mind for a character, and would also create a separate sheet for one.

Thats something I hadn't even considered. Go ahead and put a sheet together. Just clearly define what the spirit's roles and limits are.

EDIT: Completed both character sheets, and wanting some feedback. But also willing to take suggestions.

Working on expanding the bio, but I would appreciate any feedback to my ideas so far.

This sounds like an awesome RP. I've started working on a character sheet which should be finished and posted tomorrow. Looking forward to getting into this.

I'm game, do let me know what you think of the following concept.

I'm aware that the concept would require SOMEONE to be holding Crow's leash if my character sheet is accepted, so if a Div 6 or maybe Div 2 who uses magic wanted to do so, that's fine with me. Failing that I guess an NPC could do it. Probably more fun if another player did though. But I'm getting ahead of myself, this might not even be accepted!

I'm new to RP's was wondering exactly how they worked, as this one seems quite interesting and I'd like to get involved. Do you just make a charatcer and then the DM starts posting and we start responding? How do?

oversizedant:
I'm new to RP's was wondering exactly how they worked, as this one seems quite interesting and I'd like to get involved. Do you just make a charatcer and then the DM starts posting and we start responding? How do?

Pretty much, but your sheet has to be accepted first. Since this is your first post, I assume you're new here? If so, welcome and stay out of the basement.

Can't really think of a bio right now, I'll come back tommorow and fill it in if I'm still interested.

Just a quick question, When you ask for species is there any restrictions bar demons? Like can you be a the offspring of a god and mortal or one of the Fae?

Can edit and change stuff if need be.

Anyone want to be one of his partners?

Ok, after a little re-thinking here is sheet #2.

ToxicPiranah:
Just a quick question, When you ask for species is there any restrictions bar demons? Like can you be a the offspring of a god and mortal or one of the Fae?

Something utterly devastating like a god-offspring or full on dragons are off limits. The Fae are fine.

Would shapeshifting powers be out of the question? Say, a fae that can turn into animals and such?

I'll come up with a character, after this question is answered. ^^

Ultraman950:
Would shapeshifting powers be out of the question? Say, a fae that can turn into animals and such?

I'll come up with a character, after this question is answered. ^^

That is allowed, yes.

Well, Toxic stole that from me, so I'll get back to you.

Ultraman950:

Sorry matey. Didn't see you post before I posted. I forget to refresh my screen sometimes.

ToxicPiranah:

Ultraman950:

Sorry matey. Didn't see you post before I posted. I forget to refresh my screen sometimes.

It's fine. I just need to be quicker on the draw. I had something else in mind, anyway.

Sorry to double-post, but here it is.

EDIT: Changes made to explain her powers just a little better.

Have you got a specific look in mind for your Demons?

ID Card
Name- Tony Marks
Gender-Male
Age-29
Nation-USA
Species-(Believes he's)Human

Appearance- A colossal man, standing nearly 6'9" and weighing close to 300lbs, he is practically the definition of heavy infantry. He is quite muscular, almost akin to a body builder, yet not quite at that extreme. He has a face that seems to perpetually scowl, but that might just from the scar running from his chin, up through his lips and then twisting off to his cheek. He has brown hair, normally kept in a crew cut and a light stubble broken by his rather viscous looking scar. His eyes are a strange mixture of green and gold, that would seem to point towards a not so "pure" heritage.

Personality- Generally kind yet gruff, he has a tendancey to speak his mind, and does so bluntly. He has an extreme prejudice towards any type of demon(half or otherwise) however, due to a rather nasty incident that earned him his scar. His main reason for being here to "give the demons whats coming to em'." This may cause him to go out of his way or inconvenience the group for revenge.

Division-3-Military

Skills- Makes good use of Big Bertha, his "souvenir" experimental chain railgun, and is an amazing hand to hand combantant. He has a very good knowledge of demons, as one must know their enemy.

Weapons & Equipment- Big Bertha, the experimental chain railgun that saved his life, is a large, heavy gun with absurd recoil, but he is capable of wielding it due to his size and strength. It is loaded with 5 1" slugs capable of blasting through ludicrously hard substances like butter. He carries 4 magazines for it, plus one in the gun giving him 25 shots. He carries holy water which he puts on his fists before brawling with demons, and has a large K-bar in his boot if a fight starts going the wrong way.

Bio- Tony had a rather normal life until his family was attacked by demons. They unknowingly stumbled into a demon infested part of New York city, and were attacked after witnessing one shapeshift. the demon killed Tony's parents instantly and went after him next. The demon was gaining and tony had no where to run. finding himself backed into a corner he almost brokedown crying, thinking this would be the end, but there must have been a fight here between some Div 1 agents and demons as there was blood everywhere and a huge red stained cannon sitting off to the side of the alley. tony quickly grabbed for it and barely managaed to pull the trigger, but not before the demon was already sinking a claw into his face. coming out this horrifying night without a family, and with a new seething hatred for demons, Tony decided it was time to put Bertha to work. He went ahead and joined the military and, due to his prowess with it, was allowed to keep using Big Bertha, so that Div 6 would have some field info it's effectiveness.

madox ford:
Have you got a specific look in mind for your Demons?

There isnt one set type. They will range from intelligent, vaguely human looking ones to traditional horns and tail ones. Along with any abomination you can think of inbetween.

Is there a set genetic way of describing demons, and do they have DNA or another way of identifying their genes? And, do my character get to expand on this, (like i figure out different things) or will you (the gm) decide what he finds?

will have char sheet up by tonight

Okay. Mass Feedback. Part one.

DarkRawen:
yay. A scientist

The only thing I found amiss was that the bio didnt explain how he knows demons exist, or why he feels the need to study them.

Evrant:
Well crafted read

What are the limitations of the elemental magic? She's not going to be throwing around fire tornadoes is she?

FinalDream:
Working on expanding the bio, but I would appreciate any feedback to my ideas so far.

A few questions to help with that.

Has she actually encountered a demon on the field before? And how did she handle that when she learned demons existed?

wilcoblackflame:
I'm game, do let me know what you think of the following concept.

This actually looks like it works well with the story I have in mind. Good one.

DarkRawen:
Is there a set genetic way of describing demons, and do they have DNA or another way of identifying their genes? And, do my character get to expand on this, (like i figure out different things) or will you (the gm) decide what he finds?

Studying the blood would give you the effect that demonic dna is "deviant of earth origin". A humanoid demon's dna would look lightly like a human's but with fractures and corruptions. Same goes with an insect demon being deviant of insect dna.

D6 character will get to play around with this as much as they want, but I can hand you concepts if you get lost.

Shadowstar38:
Okay. Mass Feedback. Part one.

Evrant:
Well crafted read

What are the limitations of the elemental magic? She's not going to be throwing around fire tornadoes is she?

No, she hasn't fully trained in the ability to dual wield two different elements at once; and with regards to her weaponry, she can only have one element cast on them at a time, but also, her attacks gain that elements abilities. For example, if she had fire on the whip, they would be a chance that it could set the target alight for a moment. Does that answer a few questions? If there are any more, please ask.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked