D.I.C.E. (Modern Day Supernatural and Sci-fi RP. Interest & Sign up)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

deathbydeath:

Shadowstar38:

deathbydeath:
This looks interesting.

This is a modified character sheet I submitted in another RP, so this isn't plagiarism.

Gah! People keep making characters with interesting plot important bios. I'm gonna end up going over the character limit at this rate.

Sorry 'bout that. Feel free to ignore it if you want to. I didn't mean for you to elaborately weave the shady ancestry/parents thing into the story, I just wanted a bit of distrust (on both sides) and a bit of grimdark to throw on him. I would appreciate you letting me into the game, though.

Oh, it's not a bad thing at all. You just made the wideling down process easier. That statement was more or less a joke.

So when will you be putting us out of our misery and tell us who's in or not?

Shadowstar38:

ToxicPiranah:
Simon Jones

The bio i kind of bare bones a is. From this I guess he lived a fairly normal human life. And what age did his father tell him about hi heritage?

Yeah sorry about that, I was at work so just cobbled something together see re-posting of character below for a bit of a meatier bio.

@Shadowstar38: How likely is it that D.I.C.E. has people working in the upper echelons of various government organizations/agencies? I'm just thinking of ideas that would put Mick in D.I.C.E. and methinks I've one that works well.

Mortis Nuncius:
@Shadowstar38: How likely is it that D.I.C.E. has people working in the upper echelons of various government organizations/agencies? I'm just thinking of ideas that would put Mick in D.I.C.E. and methinks I've one that works well.

The United Nations has DICE on speed dial. So fairly easy.

MortifiedPenguin:
So when will you be putting us out of our misery and tell us who's in or not?

Shouldnt be more than a day now. I think one guy may be making a sheet, but I'll start chopping the numbers down in the meantime.

Shadowstar38:
Shouldnt be more than a day now. I think one guy may be making a sheet, but I'll start chopping the numbers down in the meantime.

I only have the bio left to finish. Should I put up the rest of the sheet?

Nouw:

Shadowstar38:

I only have the bio left to finish. Should I put up the rest of the sheet?

Sure. You can edit the bio in when you finish.

Tell me if anything should be changed :).

EDIT 3: Whoo, that's good! Almost finished the bio, all that's left is the hook into D.I.C.E.

IFS:
Editted my character to add where he learned magic and to make note of him being Crow/subject 24's handler (provide both characters make it into the rp).

Given Garath's background I find myself amused picturing an advertisement for "The Magnificent Garath Heller and his lovely assistant Miss Raven" as part of some kind of undercover operation.

wilcoblackflame:

IFS:
Editted my character to add where he learned magic and to make note of him being Crow/subject 24's handler (provide both characters make it into the rp).

Given Garath's background I find myself amused picturing an advertisement for "The Magnificent Garath Heller and his lovely assistant Miss Raven" as part of some kind of undercover operation.

"Nothing up my sleeves and nothing in the box, however as you are about to see my assistant shall step into the box and emerge a fearsome beast! BEHOLD THE TRANSFORMATION!"

...yeah I think that could work as a distraction of sorts.

Nouw:

No change needed. This looks legit. Now on to the biography so I can rip it apart.

Kidding
not really

Shadowstar38:

Nouw:

No change needed. This looks legit. Now on to the biography so I can rip it apart.

Kidding
not really

Gives me more reason to improve my bio-writing skills then xD. It'll be up by soon.And by soon I mean tomorrow-ish.

I hope I get in... If not I claim racism against horrific spawns of madness and doom.

Wrapped up the bio, made some additions to the appearance and added some slight detail on his weapons.

I am ready to be judged.

...again.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DemonSlaying:

A Hunter who hunts down and kills demons for revenge or other personal reasons.

A Chosen One who kills demons because of destiny.

A Demon or Half-Demon Hunter Of Their Own Kind.

A protector of the helpless.

Someone only interested in money who thus offers their services for a price.

A Church Militant, Warrior Monk, Paladin, or the like on a Mission from God who uses a cross or holy water (among other ways to Smite Evil) to exorcise their enemy.

A descendant/member of The Clan dedicated to fighting them.

Someone whose job description doesn't include Demon Slaying, but finds themselves having to step up and kick demon ass anyway.

There's frequently also an Occult Detective or some kind of mercenary.

Well, I think we have most of them now. But am surprised there hasn't been a priest.

@Terratina: Well, that's...that's basically the roster, I'd imagine. And yes, we could use a good zealot.

@Mortis: Well the GM's character could be one, who else would you expect to be the leader of this rag-tag bunch of misfits?

@Other Mort: You do have a very valid point there...

*gasp*

What if the GM will RP as The Pope?

@Mortis *gasp*

Maybe that's why Division 0 is so secretive? That's where all the zealots are put, including the pope (maybe).

@Mort and Mort:

Ryans Solution:

If he finishes it, he can be the zealot, as it says, "highly religious".

As for hanging 'round with the Pope, fighting demons.

...Sounds legit.

I really want to join just because I love character creation, but I'm unsure of how committed I can be with school going on.

Here's a character I've always wanted:

That's what I got.

I updated my Character sheet, hope that's alright?

Name: Mikhail Olkhovsky

Nation: Russia/British

Species: Human

Appearance: Short black hair, Blue eyes and a muscular build. He stands at 6'5 tall and wears military urban pattern cargo pants, black assault boots and a leather jacket over a Telnyashka undershirt

Personality: Stubborn and strong headed but surprisingly friendly and always the guy to crack off a few jokes when he's off duty. Mikhail believes highly in loyalty and would gladly risk his life to save any of his comrades in danger.

Division: Division 3

Skills: Highly proficient with firearms and self defence combat. Mikhail has been trained and has experience in counter insurgency, long range warfare, strategic flanking manoeuvres and urban warfare.

Power/magic: None

Weapons & Equipment: AK-74M with GP-25 underslung grenade launcher, MP-443 Grach, NR-40 combat knife and C4 explosives

Bio: Mikhail's father was a colonel in the soviet parachute regiment and his mother was the daughter of the British consulate to the Soviet Union. When he became of age, Mikhail like his father joined the Soviet army and served with the 103rd Guards airborne division during the soviet campaign in Afghanistan. Mikhail fought in the majority of the war and experienced the full brunt of the Mujahedeen tactics. He lost alot of friends in the war and the experience of this has affected him deeply.

When the war in Afghanistan was finally over Mikhail stayed in the Red army until the Soviet Union dissolved in 1991. As the country he once knew and loved was gone. Mikhail decided that there was nothing left for him in Russia anymore and drifted from war zone to the next serving as a mercenary to the highest bidder. He gained quiet a reputation fighting in different war-zones around the world and caught the attention of D.I.C.E after he took out a group of demons during a contract. The incident was an accident but his effectiveness in dealing with the demonic group, convinced D.I.C.E to recruit him. He has been working in Division 3 for the past three years and has fully adjusted to the dangers of the job and considers his team members his closest allies.

Mikhail's only requests for staying within D.I.C.E where free dental care and all his pay to be transferred to an off shore account, no questions asked. Although a few of his commanding officers and team-mates have asked about what he does with the money, he still refuses to answer.

@Other Mort:
@Terratinator:

We should petition for the inclusion of His Holiness.

Terratina.:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DemonSlaying:

A Hunter who hunts down and kills demons for revenge or other personal reasons.

A Chosen One who kills demons because of destiny.

A Demon or Half-Demon Hunter Of Their Own Kind.

A protector of the helpless.

Someone only interested in money who thus offers their services for a price.

A Church Militant, Warrior Monk, Paladin, or the like on a Mission from God who uses a cross or holy water (among other ways to Smite Evil) to exorcise their enemy.

A descendant/member of The Clan dedicated to fighting them.

Someone whose job description doesn't include Demon Slaying, but finds themselves having to step up and kick demon ass anyway.

There's frequently also an Occult Detective or some kind of mercenary.

Well, I think we have most of them now. But am surprised there hasn't been a priest.

Quick! someone make a half-demon priest, motivated to slay demons by the desire to protect the helpless, as well as for personal reasons regarding the destruction of the demon hunting clan who raised them, chosen by an ancient prophecy. This individual may or may not be the pope.

@IFS Awesome!

@Other Mort: Yeah, we should totally go with it, maybe throw in some of what IFS' said as well

@Other Mort: I agree one-hundred and Pope percent ("Pope" in this equation totals to ten).

@IFS: Couldn't have said it any better without the voice of Christopher Walken

@Mort:

@IFS:

All of this. Plus his sidekick: Cardinal Lagerfeld off Resonance of Fate. Crucifix and shotgun action!

Terratinator? Awesome new nickname? Thanks!

@The Morts and Terratina: Holy shit... I like this so damned much it's not even funny... but... do i qualify as the hunter who fights demons out of revenge, or the guy who's job description doesn't include demon hunting but has to do it anyway? Arguments could be made for both...

@The Morts and Terratina:

"A descendant/member of The Clan dedicated to fighting them."

Do you think that this one describes my character Isabelle the best? But still this is a cool idea anyway.

@Malyc: I personally think that he is:

"Someone whose job description doesn't include Demon Slaying, but finds themselves having to step up and kick demon ass anyway."

Since he was moved to D.I.C.E.

@Evrant: Ayup. Since you focus on her family so much.

@Shadowstar38: List the character sheets under these headers, maybe?

Well at least DICE won't have to worry about accusations that they're not an equal opportunities employer.

@Terraterminator:
@Malyc
Yup, I agree with that, but it depends whether or not he's fighting the demons to get revenge since they killed all the members of his squad.

So where does my guy fit in then?

Evrant:
@The Morts and Terratina:

"A descendant/member of The Clan dedicated to fighting them."

Do you think that this one describes my character Isabelle the best? But still this is a cool idea anyway.

I suppose it does.

Terratina.:

@Shadowstar38: List the character sheets under these headers, maybe?

Please do, I really want to see where everyone falls now.

IFS:
-Snip-

Wow, that little idea really took off. I guess we're just usurping the RP from under Shadowstar's hands now.

@MortifiedPenguin: I'm guessing he's:

"Someone whose job description doesn't include Demon Slaying, but finds themselves having to step up and kick demon ass anyway."

Since he has been captured and will most likely be utilised. God bless the miscellaneous section.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked