D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

"Forgive me," He replied with a slight bow, "Where are my manners? I am Eligor, otherwise known as the sentient sword Souldrinker, and you are...?"

Sophie sighed again, but it seemed more like the "I need to calm down" type of sigh. She didn't look at Eligor, but her tone was a little more controlled. "Sophia. Division 3. I take care of the guns. Some of 'em, anyway."

"Sophia. Division 3. I take care of the guns. Some of 'em, anyway."

Luckily, she had calmed down a bit after that outburst and gave a name to match to her face; Sophia. It was a start, even though she refused to look at his projection of a face or his actual body - the sword on the table. Eligor simply dismissed it as something to do with her being a half-demon. The mix of hellfire and human anger usually didn't make for a great personality.

He echoed her sigh and turned around, "Nice to meet you. Now let's see if our amiable Lieutenant will brief us or not."

A simple end to a simple conversation. Best to let her calm down, from the looks of it, Sophia will need that focus, not chaotic rage.

Captain Lara Reid, PhD - D.I.C.E. headquarters. Undisclosed location

She smiled at Aaron. "Oh it's nothing really, just a few things, spare batteries for the EPG." She tapped the tazer-like weapon strapped to her right leg. "Some more P90 magazines, maybe a change of BDU's, and my laptop for field research, but thank you, for the offer."

She left out the part about the hair dye. It had been a few days and the copper shade had almost faded back to her natural blonde colour.

"Hurry up and spit it out man," Eligor scoffed, "First things first, the situation and this business of getting airborne; care to take an old sword on board?"

"Uh. Sure. I dont see why not."

The man turned and addressed the rest of the assembled team. He spoke very politely but seemed rather unsure of how to proceed.

"Um. Okay. Briefing. Briefing. Well, as it turns out, the communication devices in sector 4 are out. Not staticy. Just plain out. It's kind of a pain because it's one of the higher demonic areas you see. We need a few D6 to get whatever's up back online. The rest of you are on support duty, and investigating what took the devices out"

A glimpse of frustration disappeared from Aaron's visage as he addressed the Lieutenant. "So, when we reach this sector: Are we splitting into groups; Are we staggering our landing times; and are we landing at different locations?

This seemed like an interesting puzzle. "If you can get me to the comm devices I can hook up my tablet and run a diagnostic tool. Though the fact they are out seems unusual."

Something troubled her though. Walking into a high demonic area was the last thing on Lara's good idea's list, but looking around the room, there was ample talent to hold back the forces of darkness.

The sweat was pouring off him as he continued sprinting through the forest. He dodged trees and ran through bushes to try and escape the large hoard of demons that were chasing him; Mikhail had his rifle in his hands and began firing at anything he saw in his way or trying to approaching him. He continued running until he came to a small river. Mikhail waded until he came to middle of the river, turned around and fired off a grenade from his underslung grenade launcher.

The explosive projectile hit the hoard of demons and exploded killing many of the demons at the river's edge. But still the hoard continued coming, jumping or climbing over their falling comrades. Mikhail began firing at the demons which were closest to him with his AK-74M until his magazine was spent, their corpses staining the river with a dark red. He then quickly exited the river as fast as he could and began running again, however the demonic hoard was still hot on his heels and Mikhail knew he couldn't run forever.

Isabelle listened to all the conversation that were occurring in all corners of the room. It seemed the focus of everyone's attention was the sword that lay on the middle of the table, and how it began to talk. This was something that she hadn't encountered all that often, and now seemed the perfect chance to make further study into it. Taking out her journal and pencil, turning to a fresh page she began to write.

When she was finished, the Lieutenant had finished with the mission briefing, and Isabelle briefly scanned all the rooms occupants.

"It appears that we have a large number of combatants here, which should make the task of holding back the demonic horde slightly easier whilst our engineers get to work on fixing the communicators. Although that depends on what demons are currently lurking in the local area. Any information regarding that would be most helpful." Isabelle said in a clear and polite tone.

Eligor simply nodded as the Lieutenant gave out the briefing. From the sound of it, it was simple grunts' work, protect the scientists from the raging hordes of demons as the dither about with communication devices. Silly technology. But then again, demonkind had been using sorcery and magic for far longer than humanity and would easily intercept D.I.C.E. communications. Well, technology had that advantage to do it. It was strange that they were suddenly down, the techno-buffins usually did their job quite well. Eligor just let out another metallic sigh as there were other things to worry about, such as the tall British woman staring at him and scribbling notes into some sort of journal. For one moment she stopped, rested the pencil upon the journal and decided to speak. Her tone was serious and focused, but polite.

"It appears that we have a large number of combatants here, which should make the task of holding back the demonic horde slightly easier whilst our engineers get to work on fixing the communicators. Although that depends on what demons are currently lurking in the effected sector. Any information regarding that would be most helpful."

"The lady speaks the truth!" He chuckled, "However, I cannot offer much support as a combatant without someone to wield me."

His eye turned to the heavily built man with the crew cut. A not-so-subtle hint and attempt to entice him. The lady with the mis-matched eyes already had a sword of her own, a fine blade with arcane markings. Eligor would have to ask her about that later. The others looked more suited to handgun or a probe, except for the greenhorn. He'll have to do...

"Nice to meet you. Now let's see if our amiable Lieutenant will brief us or not."

Sophie nodded and listened to the Lieutenant.

"Um. Okay. Briefing. Briefing. Well, as it turns out, the communication devices in sector 4 are out. Not staticy. Just plain out. It's kind of a pain because it's one of the higher demonic areas you see. We need a few D6 to get whatever's up back online. The rest of you are on support duty, and investigating what took the devices out"

Sophie rubbed her chin as she listened, occasionally reaching back to play with her braid. "Are we sure it was an equipment failure? Maybe they were wiped out."

The idea didn't seem to sit well with her, even as she said it. Her free hand instinctively moved toward the black Colt .45 at her hip.

MortifiedPenguin:
"I haven't seen you before, are you new? Whats your name?" he asked.

Most lairs would trip up when asked further details about who the were and what they did, this was not going to happen to Eliezer, he had a lifetime of lying and trickery to fall back on.

"I already said I was new a moment ago, otherwise why would I be going through such a silly initiation test if I wasn't. My names Eli," All the best lies were based on truth and Eli could be short for Eliezer, but he didn't need to know that, "What's your name?

Eliezer hoped if he kept the conversation going he would be to distracted to notice any strange actions. Like picking up the scalpel that had been left on the desk of one of the lab workers.

"Eli huh," Garath said, the illusion of himself relaxed, removing its hand from the pistol, while the real Garath tightened his grip on the weapon. The man was an excellent liar but he the confidence he displayed was atypical of a new recruit, most were confused or intimidated by the organization and the man was tensing up, as if preparing to strike.

"I'm Garath Heller division two, wheres your ID badge Eli?" he said, trying to press the man further.

"Eli huh, I'm Garath Heller division two, wheres your ID badge Eli?" Garath said

Garath was trying to press him, to make him slip up.

"Well Garath, it should be on my desk over there" He replied confidently.

He walked over to the desk that has the scalpel on it and started ruffling through the papers on top of it, making it look like he was looking for his I.D. badge. As he feigned the search he palmed the scalpel, at least now he was armed. He would wait until Garath was in front of him to strike, bullets my not be able to kill him, but they still hurt like hell. He stopped looking through the papers and started going through the draws. If it was going to look genuine he would have look like he was going to tear the thing apart to find the false I.D. card.

"They must have moved it," He said, exasperated "They said they would leave it on the desk, those bastards!"

"So why'd they hire you Eli? What's your specialty?" Garath asked, continuing to press him, most of d6 loved to talk about their work, usually in words he didn't understand. His illusion continued to stand close by Eli, looking over the desk as if trying to spot the ID card.

"You really should keep your ID on you at all times," he said, "most of the doors down here can't be opened without one."

"So why'd they hire you Eli? What's your specialty?" He asked pressing him further."You really should keep your ID on you at all times.most of the doors down here can't be opened without one."

Undoubtedly this was were Gareth expected him to crack, but he had been around the scientists of division 6 to know what hey were like, arrogant, egotistical and they liked to talk. All he had to do was tell him about the experiments done on him and he would be golden.

"Research into the genome of demons, specifically immortals. I'll cut out the jargon, I doubt you'd understand," He said, revelling in the irony of the situation, "We're trying to isolate the gene that give them their regenerative abilities. If we were able to give the same abilities to the foot soldiers, division one and two mainly, it would cut down casualties and give us an edge we need. But I'm babbling now. And Yes...I know I should've kept my I.D. on me, but I never thought this would happen"

"All available personel from divisions 2 through 6, report to the office of the Division 1 head as soon as possible"

Danny woke up to the announcement; whether it was always this loud or it was amplified to wake him up he wasn't sure. He was sure, however, that it was too loud for he began to hear a ringing sound. Annoyed and put-off by the ringing, Danny stayed put on his bed. Five minutes passed and the ringing was still there, just loud enough to be audible. At this point, he was tired of waiting for it to disappear and so he took action. He jumped out of the bed, only to fall back down as he hit his head. The pain he received convinced Danny not to do it again.

"Wait, since when did I have a bunk-bed..?" he asked before he lightly picked himself up.

He looked down the row of bunk-beds and concluded that it was some kind of underground barracks; he could tell it was underground because there was no natural lighting or windows. He turned to his left and saw a locker with his name on it: "DIVISION 3-DAN TRAYNE." He opened it and saw the belongings he had with him last. All he could remember was taking them with him and storming an abandoned warehouse. That, and saying goodbye to his colleagues. Why he was storming the warehouse he wasn't sure. In an instant, his curiosity kicked in. Maybe they'll have some answers for me he thought and off Danny went.

Despite the level was incredibly big, it had directions everywhere. So many directions, in fact, Danny felt overwhelmed. He had a desire to explore his new home but placed finding out why he was here as a higher priority. It wasn't long before Danny found the lift and once inside he pushed the button inscribed with '1' without thinking twice.

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" Danny said, trying to control his excitement.

At the end of the descent, Danny burst out of the elevator and strolled to the office. He was so excited that he didn't even notice the strange things he passed on his way. Danny opened the door with vigour and said "My name is Dan Trayne, also known as Danny, and I want to know why I'm here."

Garath was begining to doubt his previous assumption that Eli was being deceitful, he had heard of scientists accidentally locking themselves in containment, and he wouldn't put such an initiation ritual past some of them.

"Ah, thanks for sparing me the jargon, I don't suppose you've made any progress, I certainly wouldn't mind having something like that," he said, "bet some more live subjects would speed things up."

Richard kept quiet while the briefing started, but something bothered him. "A few D6 to fix the technical stuff?" he thought. "I sure hope for their sake that they aren't talking about me." He wondered if he should speak up, but decided against it. The people of the other divisions always assumed the D6 people did every thing. They were just scientist, so they did science, right. It was such a bother.
"Damn you," he would have said. "Stop assuming I'm from the technical D6! I do biology, usually bioinformatics!" As he thought this, the woman that had entered before and placed herself in a chair spoke.

"It appears that we have a large number of combatants here, which should make the task of holding back the demonic horde slightly easier whilst our engineers get to work on fixing the communicators."

She then asked about the demon. Richard never got mad, but he sure would get sulky if 1. the demons weren't worth bothering sampling and 2. he was going to be put on fixing the communicators.

"The guardian to those who would heal the machines, a noble task..." Azkar mused, echoing silently across the room with a mild psychic current. Azkar figured a little warning that she was about to enter might increase her odds at positive social integration, but doubted it greatly.
The abomination came in through the service door towards the rear of the room. A great monster of tightly interlocked plates of dark chitin and thick muscle. Walking on her rear legs and large arms she continued forward, then squatted several meters from the group. The completely armored head seemed to scan the room even though it had no eyes or other sensory organs that were visible.

"None shall die. Victory is assured." Azkar faced the one giving the orders as she broadcasted this resolute statement, then lowered her head and sat, locking her limbs around herself tightly. This was the first time Azkar was to be sent on a task with other people. At least it seemed to be an easy enough mission. Hopefully she wouldn't need to put any of them down due to demonic corruption. She then scolded herself, hope is the first step toward disappointment.

"So, when we reach this sector: Are we splitting into groups; Are we staggering our landing times; and are we landing at different locations?

"hmm...I do believe we're all starting at the same place. We can break off into 2 groups from there"

" Although that depends on what demons are currently lurking in the local area. Any information regarding that would be most helpful."

"Problem with that is, 75% of the demons that pop up there are uncataloged. Our biologists havn't been through there yet"

"Are we sure it was an equipment failure? Maybe they were wiped out."

"Oh. Yes. Thats always likely. Thats why there's so many of you to begin with. Extra precausion and everything"

The man looked up at the door to the newcomer that had just barged in.

"My name is Dan Trayne, also known as Danny, and I want to know why I'm here."

"Um. To do a mission I would think..."

Another demonic creature waltz in soon after Dan. The Lieutenant smiled and nodded at them both as he proceeded.

"Looks like most of you are here. Um. Is there anything else before we get started?"

"Problem with that is, 75% of the demons that pop up there are uncataloged. Our biologists havn't been through there yet."

Richard raised his hand, eagerly. Unknown demons, that was something he liked to hear.
"There will be time to bring equipment, right? And when you say that the demons aren't yet in our system, does that mean that I get to take some samples?"
Perhaps this would be a lot more interesting than he had assumed. His excitement made him ignore those who had just entered.

"Ah, thanks for sparing me the jargon, I don't suppose you've made any progress, I certainly wouldn't mind having something like that," he said, "bet some more live subjects would speed things up."

To his glee Garath had fallen for his lies hook, line and sinker. Eliezer world need his I.D. card if he was going to escape and it was doubtful Garath would just hand it to him.

"Yes more live subjects would help, but surprisingly we don't have people jumping at us to be tested on. Anyway, I think it's past time we got to this meeting at Division one"

"Problem with that is, 75% of the demons that pop up there are uncataloged. Our biologists havn't been through there yet."

"I see, so we'll be going in effectively blind. Well at least this mission will give our scientists and biology experts up in Division 6 a chance to effectively study the local inhabitants as it were; provided we recover any samples for them research at all." Isabelle remarked as she twirled the pencil between the fingers of her left hand.

"There will be time to bring equipment, right? And when you say that the demons aren't yet in our system, does that mean that I get to take some samples?"

"Well, it appears that we have one such person on board with us at this very moment." It was then that a man she had never seen around the base before enter the room.

"My name is Dan Trayne, also known as Danny, and I want to know why I'm here."

"Um. To do a mission I would think..." The Leiutenant asked, probably thinking how absurd the question was given the reason for them being here in the office.

"I don't think he actually means like that. Judging by the confused look on his face, he probably wants to know why he is here in the base. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong sir." Isabelle remarked to Dan.

"Yes more live subjects would help, but surprisingly we don't have people jumping at us to be tested on. Anyway, I think it's past time we got to this meeting at Division one"

"I meant live demons, not humans, but anyway yes we should head up to the meeting," both the illusion of Garath and the actual Garath headed towards the door, the illusion now just a few steps behind the actual. Fortunately the door was still open from when they had entered, as he walked towards the door he noticed a memo on a desk, mentioning 24 and some experiments they were running.

"Huh, so thats where he is," Garath muttered to himself, then he said to Eli "Are you coming? I'll take you to the meeting seeing as you lost your ID."

"Oh this is going to be so exciting!" Lara mused aloud, verbalising her thoughts to the office. "I hope we get to meet some interesting new demons, ooh, and we can field test the new equipment! Provided it doesn't explode and kill us all first..."

She seemed to be ecstatic at the thought of the mission. And totally oblivious to the other people in the room.

"I meant live demons, not humans, but anyway yes we should head up to the meeting,"

Garath said, heading towards the still open door. On his way there he looked over a memo that had been left on a desk and muttered something to himself. Eliezer hoped it didn't mention him, or his cover would've been blown.

"Are you coming? I'll take you to the meeting seeing as you lost your ID."He said.

It looked like Eliezer was in the clear, he would finally be out of this damned place after ten years of confinement.

"Thank you" He said beaming "I'll be right behind you"

Garath and his illusion stepped into the elevator, having his illusion fade the moment it was out of Eli's sight, there certainly wasn't enough room in the elevator for him to hide behind it, and he didn't want Eli to know he had cast it in the first place. He punched in the button for floor one, held the door so that Eli could enter, and leaned against the back of the elevator.

The doors opened on floor one and he walked quickly down the hall, he was already late after all. He pushed open the doors to the meeting room and entered.

"Garath Heller, D2," he said, he could tell there were some new faces here, and many people seemed to already be discussing various topics "and this is Eli," he said gesturing towards the man, "He says hes new to D6, anyone know him?"

"He says hes new to D6, anyone know him?"

Richard looked at the two men. It was true Eliezer was part of D6, but he wasn't actually new. Richard was familiar, perhaps even friends with the demon usually kept in storage. "El, you got someone to open the door?" he said. "Good for you, but you know, I'm gonna get in trouble, since they will think I did it. Oh, well, as long as I'm out on this mission they won't bother me. Are you coming as well?"

"El, you got someone to open the door?" he said. "Good for you, but you know, I'm gonna get in trouble, since they will think I did it. Oh, well, as long as I'm out on this mission they won't bother me. Are you coming as well?"

"Huh, teach me to second guess myself," Garath shrugged and walked over to the table with the other D2's, before reaching it he turned around and said to Richard "Oh tell the D6's working with 24 to tell me next time they move him around, otherwise I might do more than let out an experiment or two."

Inwardly he was both impressed by Eli's capacity for deception and dissapointed in himself for letting his guard down. he also began to wonder what sort of subject Eli was, he didn't seem like a run of the mill demon, so what was he?

Turning back to the others he asked "so what are we up against and whose ass are we pulling out of the fire?"

"Everything you'll need for that should be on our transporter...thing"

"I don't think he actually means like that. Judging by the confused look on his face, he probably wants to know why he is here in the base. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong sir."

"Oh! Right"

The Lietanant turns back to Dan

"You're in the base because you're in DICE. Just as simple"

At that, 2 more men walked into the office.

"Ah. Looks like the gangs all here. If That's all, everyone should move to the hanger on the top floor. We're using jet 12"

"so what are we up against and whose ass are we pulling out of the fire?"

"We'll know when we get there"

Mikhail had been chased through the woods with no sign of the demons letting up. He reached down to his belt to draw out another clip, reloaded, and turned. To his surprise, the demons had ceased their advance. They merely stood a distance back watching the soldier.

"Pssh. Ay. You're gonna want to move away from them now"

A figure hiding ahead of Mikhail in the shadows extend his hand and waved him over.

"Well? Coming?"

"El, you got someone to open the door?" Richard said. "Good for you, but you know, I'm gonna get in trouble, since they will think I did it. Oh, well, as long as I'm out on this mission they won't bother me. Are you coming as well?"

Eliezer couldn't really call Richard a friend, but he was one of few lab personal that didn't take pure delight in cutting him open, smashing his head in, or any of the other more unsavoury tests that they did on him. He did however provide conversation, and wasn't as dull as the other scientists.

"I doubt it, the cameras would show that this dimwit opened the door and let me out," He said edging back towards the door "I don't know about that...It's not like being trapped inside a cell for ten years gives you the urge to see the world again or anything, but it really depends on what I get in return."

"Ah. Looks like the gangs all here. If That's all, everyone should move to the hanger on the top floor. We're using jet 12"

Sophie nodded, quickly double-checked to see if she had everything she needed, including her bullpup and grenade launcher, and remembered her Kevlar vest. "Crap. I'll get one on the way out," she said to herself.

Despite the weight all her gear must be putting on her, it didn't slow her down in the slightest. In fact... she wasn't carrying any ammo.

"Don't suppose I've got time to grab a coffee before we head out," Garath grumbed as he turned to head towards the hangar. He bet it was going to be raining wherever it was they were going,it usually was, and made a mental note to grab a coat on his way up.

"I doubt it, the cameras would show that this dimwit opened the door and let me out,"

As he walked past Eli he smiled and said "You really are disappointing for a demon, I was hoping you'd tear up the labs a bit, but all you did was steal a scalpel."

"You really are disappointing for a demon, I was hoping you'd tear up the labs a bit, but all you did was steal a scalpel."

"And you disappoint me for a human, you were so easily duped," He said cheerfully "Anyway, when did anyone say I was a demon? Do I look like a demon to you? I'm just an average guy"

...Technically

"I don't know about that...It's not like being trapped inside a cell for ten years gives you the urge to see the world again or anything, but it really depends on what I get in return."

"Oh, I need to get my tools, see ya in a while, El. You should probably join up, It's gonna get interesting."

Richard went to his closet, and got his suitcase, the shotgun and some shells for it, and put on a winter-coat and a bullet-proof west under. He picked up a typical military helmet he had picked up somewhere he no longer could remember, and returned to Eliezer.

"And you disappoint me for a human, you were so easily duped," He said cheerfully. "Anyway, when did anyone say I was a demon? Do I look like a demon to you? I'm just an average guy"

"Hey, what's happening here?"

"Anyway, when did anyone say I was a demon? Do I look like a demon to you? I'm just an average guy"

"Right, because d6 keeps average guys locked up as test subjects all the time," Garath repied sarcastically.

"Hey, what's happening here?"

"Not much, I'm heading to the hangar," with that he left, grabbing a coat out of a locker before making his way up to the hangar.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked