D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 39 NEXT

"What kind of project is it, really?"
Kain stopped to think about this.
"As far as I was told, it has something to do with my DNA, it was allowed to have an implant. To test the strand, they decided to use wolf. Now I can transform into a half wolf monster." He had left a lot out, but there was a lot of black ink. Hell, the only person who really knows everything was the head of Biology. Kain sighed.
"So. What was that meeting about? Bitching about France, or are you up for a promotion for taking out that behemoth of a man?"

"Sephirotic pathways, that is how it works." Eligor replied, projecting a series of glyphs on the ice, "Think subway stations, except these pathways are more hidden. But I'm sure if you----search your soul, you'll find the answer."

"Riiiight..."

Great. The sword speaks in riddles.

Isaac looked over the glyphs, attempting to make some kind of sense of them, but it didn't seem to be getting through.

"What exactly am I searching my soul for exactly?"

" However, should this end up in tracking the priest down, I may be of some use there, but it all depends on how the game is played."

"Thank you for the insight Ms. Hearte. I'll be sure to get them both on the mission right away. But for now, your report looks to be solid. Please try to take it easy"

Christina and Mercer bowed to Isabelle, signalling that she was free.

While all the scientists and subjects chatted away in the mess hall, an old man, likely in his 60's, walked into the room with a suitcase under his arm. He coughed several times to get everyone's focus on himself.

"May I have your attention please everyone?"

Everyone ceased whatever they were doing and set their eyes on what they had known to be their division head. The man spoke up in the middle of the room with a booming voice.

"As you all know, my time in DICE is drawing to a close. It's been a good run with you folks, but my time is up. With that out of the way, I'd like you to know the person who will be taking my place"

The old man waved his hand over at Richard.

"This, is Richard Johnson. He will be taking over my duties as head of Division 6. Please treat him as you would myself. Congradulations chap. And everyone have a good day"

The old man walked out of the room as the silence was broken by the return of muttering around the room.

"So. What was that meeting about? Bitching about France, or are you up for a promotion for taking out that behemoth of a man?"

Richard stopped eating and was about to answer, when the division head himself entered, and said he was going to quit. The old man then pointed at Richard.

"This, is Richard Johnson. He will be taking over my duties as head of Division 6. Please treat him as you would myself. Congradulations chap. And everyone have a good day"

The former head of D6 then left the room, leaving the new one quite shocked. Everyone stared Richard, he didn't like the attention. "Already? That was fast..." He tried to take a bit of one of the pretzels, but his mouth was already completely dry, so he drank his water. Richard could hear people murmur things like "Is this for real?" and "How did that happen?", mostly negativity involved. This was the worst place to be at right now, but he smiled to Kain, clearly bothered by it all. "Ehm... that should answer your question, although I have no idea why."

"Thank you for the insight Ms. Hearte. I'll be sure to get them both on the mission right away. But for now, your report looks to be solid. Please try to take it easy." Christina said with concern as she raised a smile towards Isabelle, the same gesture was returned in kind as she rose from her seat.

"I shall definitely try at the very least. Should you or someone else need anything from me Miss Noble, I'll either be in my quarters, the Division Two common room, or the canteen. And thank you." Isabelle said politely as she turned to face the Colonel.

"Colonel Mercer, it has been a pleasure meeting you, hope we actually work together sometime in the future." Isabelle remarked, as she nodded her head in a sign of respect for the Division Three head. As she left the office, the door soon closed again by itself. Thinking that she rather talk to some people she knew, Isabelle headed up the elevator to the canteen area.

When Isabelle arrived, an old man, roughly in his 60's exited the room with a briefcase under one arm. Inside however, it was a scene of eerie calmness, as small groups of people began talking in quiet whispers. Isabelle noticed both Kain and Richard sitting at a nearby table, with Kain calmly eating some soup. She decided to sit at the same table as they were.

"Well hello you two, I trust everything is well? Say, what is up with everyone here, looks like they have received quite the shock."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in Isabelle's quarters, a sleeping Vayle finally awoke; a heavy yawn accompanied her as she wiped the dust from her eyes. She looked around, and saw that there was no sign of Isabelle, nor the report she was writing earlier. This had Vayle slightly worried, Isabelle normally never left unannounced.

"I wonder where she could of gone. Hmm, must have taken the report to Miss Noble. Perhaps I'll find her if I have a little wonder about."

Vayle got out of bed, and changed her night attire into a clean looking version of her regular outfit. After doing some simple stretches to help wake herself up, she left the room in search of Isabelle.

Garath sat up, and rubbed his eyes, deciding that he simply wasn't going to manage to get any more sleep he resolved to get some food instead. He stood up, grabbed a clean set of clothes, dressed and headed out, deciding to go to the D6 canteen, he'd heard they had some sort of brekfast quiche he wanted to try.

He saw Vayle in the hall, it occured to him that this was the first time he'd seen her without Isabelle being around. She seemed to be looking for something, or perhaps someone.

"Hey Vayle, you looking for something?" he asked, walking up to her, "Maybe I can help."

What he really wanted to do was talk with her more about her half-real illusions, his book had little to say about them and he wondered if she could tell him how to make them, and if he could help her search then that would be a good opportunity to not only help but to talk to her.

"Well hello you two, I trust everything is well? Say, what is up with everyone here, looks like they have received quite the shock."

Richard looked at Isabelle, and nodded. He sighed, head tilted. "Yeah, they did. The head, no, former head of division 6 just announced that he is done here." He didn't want to tell her, not yet. However, it felt like it had been years since he did what he wanted, no risks or anything involved. "Well, she'll find out before or later, right?" Richard smiled. "Hello, Isabelle Hearte. I'm Dr. Richard Johnson, Head of Division 6. I'm fine, although I don't know if the other members of the division are."

Richard had looked at Isabelle and nodded. He then sighed and titled his head a little."Yeah, they did. The head, no, former head of Division 6 just announced that he is done here."

"Ah, so the old head of the Division must of been the old guy I saw earlier with the briefcase. I wonder who he was going to be replaced by?" Isabelle asked aloud, noticing that Richard was smiling at her, his mood definitely changed quick. "Hello, Isabelle Hearte. I'm Dr. Richard Johnson, Head of Division 6. I'm fine, although I don't know if the other members of the division are." Isabelle let the announcement sink in for a moment, then showed a smile. She noticed the silver badge that Richard had in his possession. At a guess, it was made of silver; and she knew all too well what that meant.

"Well, I guess a congratulations are in order then Richard. And please, no need to be formal; just call me Isabelle, after all, we are friends, aren't we?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vayle continued to search fervently through the halls of Division Two, looking in all the places that Isabelle might have gone to; when suddenly she bumped into Garath.

"Hey Vayle, you looking for something?" He asked walking up to her. "Maybe I can help."

" Oh, hello Garath, you almost gave me a bit of a jump their; which is ironic coming from a spirit. I'm just looking for Isabelle thats all, haven't seen since a couple of hours ago before I went to sleep. Last I remember she was writing a report for the Division Head, Christina Noble. Tried asking there, but she said that Isabelle had already delivered her report and left. Mind if I tag along with you and look for her?" Vayle asked, her tone changing from a mixture of calm to slight nervousness.

"Uhm... Hi." Kain was still silently shocked, however mean that may be. The guy he had known for a day was up for a promotion? Part of him saw an opportunity, and he silently kicked himself for even thinking about exploiting his... friends(?) new position.
"Oh, wait I recognize you. Please send my thanks to your spirit thingy for the clothes. The curtains were geting dirty..."

"Well, I guess a congratulations are in order then Richard. And please, no need to be formal; just call me Isabelle, after all, we are friends, aren't we?"

Richard drank some more water. There were something about Isabelle's tone that made him tense. "Oh, yeah, I'm sorry, I still have a bit trouble remembering everything, but thank you, I'll do my best." "Although, I don't know at what. It won't be too good for anyone else, I think." Richard didn't know what to say next, but Kain spoke instead.

"Oh, wait I recognize you. Please send my thanks to your spirit thingy for the clothes. The curtains were geting dirty..." Richard decided to keep quiet, he definitely didn't know what Kain was talking about, so it had to have happened while he wasn't there or something like that.

" Oh, hello Garath, you almost gave me a bit of a jump their; which is ironic coming from a spirit. I'm just looking for Isabelle thats all, haven't seen since a couple of hours ago before I went to sleep. Last I remember she was writing a report for the Division Head, Christina Noble. Tried asking there, but she said that Isabelle had already delivered her report and left. Mind if I tag along with you and look for her?"

"Sure, I was headed to the D6 canteen, maybe we'll find her there," Garath said, then began to walk down the hallway, towards the canteen.

"By the way, do you mind if I ask you about your illusions, more specifically how you make them partly real?" he said. He had been considering possibilities of imbuing his illusions with even the smallest fraction of reality for some time now, as it was his illusions could produce light and sound, but the moment anyone tried to touch them and they were useless, if they had substance then he could do all sorts of things with them, he briefly envisioned creating an illusion of himself and having it get him coffee, it would certainly be better than summoning imps, if it could even work that way.

When Byron woke up, he was more tired than when he had gone to sleep. Sitting up in his bed, Byron noticed that he was still wearing his lab coat, as opposed to normal dress. He began to grumble, as this meant that he probably had forgotten to clean up in his lab four levels down. After taking off his coat and folding it, Byron changed into an unassuming outfit of dark grey slacks and matching sweater before gathering some things and headed to the central elevator. Still grumbling up a small storm, he paced over to where he was working a few hours earlier. Seeing the room uncleaned and in a messy state, his grumbling became low cursing as he set himself to the task of cleaning his lab. As he was washing out the test tubes, a commotion was stirring around outside his lab.

Keeping to his task of cleaning the glass containers, he settled with listening in as the former head of D6 publicly announced his resignation and handed the reins over to a guy named Richard. Deciding against caring, Byron's only concern was that this Richard guy wasn't a dick and let him continue to use space on level 6. Other than that, he was decidedly neutral as he was officially a D2 member, anyway. Finally fixing his lab back to its proper clean state, Byron decided to head outside to locate some kind of drink. His head was cracking open in one bitch of a headache, and he dare not try any of his painkillers until he was entirely certain that the Mokka was out of his system, Hoping he wouldn't tear anybody apart before or after he got some alcohol into his system, Byron opened his door and stepped outside.

"Oh, wait I recognize you. Please send my thanks to your spirit thingy for the clothes. The curtains were getting dirty..." Kain said after a nervous hello, and from the looks of it, he was still slightly in shock that Richard had just been made Division Six head.

"I'll make a note of that Kain, Vayle will be pleased that her work was well received."

"Oh, yeah, I'm sorry, I still have a bit trouble remembering everything, but thank you, I'll do my best." Richard said after drinking some more water. It looked as though he wanted to speak next, but Kain had interupted him before he could.

"That's alright Richard, I'm sure in time the memories will come back. As long as you don't lose sight of what is important, then I'm sure you'll do well in your new position." Isabelle remarked, still seeing the badge that Richard had but luckily hadn't drawn attention to the fact that she was looking at it. She briefly left her seat to get some food, and came back with a bowl of pasta and some herbs for flavour.

"Will you want to celebrate later, or do you have work that needs getting back to?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sure, I was headed to the D6 canteen, maybe we'll find her there." Garath said as the pair of them began walking down the hallway. Then came a rather interesting question.

"By the way, do you mind if I ask you about your illusions, more specifically how you make them partly real?"

"Hmm, you know Garath, that has been something I have been wondering myself. I guess the best way I could explain is that whenever I create an illusion, I feel as though a part of me gets put in there; with more complex illusions taking more out of me in terms of stamina. Perhaps using a part of me, gives the illusions more form and a definite solid shape, allowing it to act like the original. Though for some reason, that doesn't apply to my roses, I can pretty much conjure those at will for some reason. Oh and by the way, thanks for helping me look for Isabelle."

"That's alright Richard, I'm sure in time the memories will come back. As long as you don't lose sight of what is important, then I'm sure you'll do well in your new position."

Richard wouldn't lose sight of what was important, albeit that was something completely different from what Isabelle was thinking about. He just smiled, and she left to get some food. People around them seemed to have calmed down, somewhat, Richard only having to deal with the occasional glance. After a while, Isabelle returned.

"Will you want to celebrate later, or do you have work that needs getting back to?"

"Celebrate? Why?" Richard asked, not sure what she was referring to. He had never been one for celebrating, the same way he had never been one for mourning. Both required an amount of emotion he rarely displayed. He then tilted his head, realizing why she had said it. "You mean because of my position?" If he had anything to celebrate, it was that he had narrowly avoided the worst outcome. Celebrating the fact that he was a pawn didn't feel that well. "I'll probably have to work," he said. "Also, I'm still kind of... well, off from before." From before, when he had killed Zorrama, and that Azkar had died. When he had finally contacted his sister again, and then gotten dragged into Division Zero. There were too much for him to know how he felt, just that part of it was horribly empty.

"But I'll be fine," he said, more to himself than to any of the two others.

"Hmm, you know Garath, that has been something I have been wondering myself. I guess the best way I could explain is that whenever I create an illusion, I feel as though a part of me gets put in their; with more complex illusions taking more out of me in terms of stamina. Perhaps using a part of me, gives the illusions more form and a definite solid shape, allowing it to act like the original. Though for some reason, that doesn't apply to my roses, I can pretty much conjure those at will for some reason. Oh and by the way, thanks for helping me look for Isabelle."

"Happy to help," he said, considering what she had said about her illusions, "I doubt I could do that with my illusions, not being a spirit and all," he continued, he had an idea about how he could achieve such a thing with the magics at his disposal, but he hated using necromancy, and using dead souls to power a spell was not something he wanted to do.

They reached the canteen, Garath held the door for Vayle, scanning the room he saw Isabelle, sitting with Richard and Kain, he pointed them out to Vayle, and then went over and sat next to them.

"What going on?" he asked, to no one in particular.

The ground beneath the solider's feet wobbled and moved around, sending him off balance and stammering around. The monster that was before him began to look as if it was all part of some dream. Was this a trick? No. Just the drugs.

Each man there got the same strange feeling and swayed back and both. They all laid down their guns for fear of hurting themselves in their confused state, and laid out on the grass until their episode was over.

One of the men, after disarming himself, strolled over to Azkar and hugged her.

"Je suis désolé bizarre baiseur. Je ne sais pas pourquoi j'étais si en colère contre vous. Soyons amis ok?"

"Celebrate? Why?" Richard asked, sounding confused at the proposal. It took him a moment to figure out what he meant. "You mean because of my position? I'll probably have to work, also, I'm still kind of... well, off from before. But I'll be fine."

"Oh okay, I just figured that with a big promotion and all, you'd at want to at least celebrate even a little. One more thing, do you mind if we have a talk later today; there is something important that I need to bring to your attention. Perhaps in my office down in Division Two, it'll be a more safe location there." Isabelle asked before starting to eat the pasta.

"Happy to help." Garath said as he smiled at Vayle, which sent a slight blush to her cheeks, but it wasn't all that noticeable to the untrained eye. "I doubt I could do that with my illusions, not being a spirit and all." He continued, it looked as though he was thinking about something.

"Oh I'm sure you'll find a way Garath, you've got a good head on your shoulders." Vayle remarked with a slight chuckle as they reached the canteen. Garath kindly held the door open for her as they entered, and soon spotted Isabelle sitting next to Richard and Kain. Isabelle soon noticed.

"Ah welcome Vayle, I see you finally decided to wake up then. Sorry for leaving you earlier, had to deliver the report to Miss Noble. You weren't worried were you? And its a pleasure to see you to Garath."

"Of course not, just never seen you disappear like that is all."

Azkar raised her arms in the air, opening her chest and raising her little arms into the air as well.

"Now I must return to the moon! Good day everyone! Weeeeeeeeeeh!" She then wandered off back into the forest, away from what was probably a military base's grounds. She made sure to wave, losing sight of them after she was a few hundred meters in the woods.

"I hope none of them get fired." Azkar frowned a little and looked around, trying to work out where she should go. She wasn't that fussed, but she was pretty bored. But then she realized something, something horrifying.

"Wait... Does this mean D.I.C.E is going to stop paying me again!? NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Azkar continued being lost, somewhere in France. She was still in France, wasn't she?

"Oh okay, I just figured that with a big promotion and all, you'd at want to at least celebrate even a little. One more thing, do you mind if we have a talk later today; there is something important that I need to bring to your attention. Perhaps in my office down in Division Two, it'll be a more safe location there."

Safe? Why would she say something like that? Richard nodded. "Yeah, okay. Sure." Why had she used that word? Was he just getting a bit too... did she know something? Isabelle continued eating, and suddenly the female spirit that had been with Isabelle before and a man with dark hair and a goatee arrived and placed themselves by the table.

"What going on?"

the man asked, he had been in France as well. "Not that much..." yet another name he didn't know. "I really need to get a list with peoples names, this is getting stupid." "Who are you again? Amnesia, I can't remember everything yet, sorry." It really was becoming the norm.

"Ah welcome Vayle, I see you finally decided to wake up then. Sorry for leaving you earlier, had to deliver the report to Miss Noble. You weren't worried were you? And its a pleasure to see you to Garath."

"Likewise," replied Garath, grabbing a seat.

"Who are you again? Amnesia, I can't remember everything yet, sorry."

"Garath Heller, division 2, illusionist extrodinaire," he said tiredly, waving his hands in front of his face as he said "extrodinaire", though his expression was one of boredom and exhaustion. He got up, grabbed a plate of food and a cup of coffee, and sat back down. He'd decided that summoning an imp might not go over so well in a D6 cafeteria, as they weren't used to it, especially since he was sitting next to an amnesiac who definately wouldn't know what he was doing.

"Wait... Does this mean D.I.C.E is going to stop paying me again!? NOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Really woman? Really? Trapped in the middle of nowhere and all you can think about is if you get a paycheck. Your prioritize"

A man in a hood and red robes at at a table in the middle of the wilderness, drinking tea and playing solitaire.

"So. You escaped from those guys. What's your next adventure?"

"Garath Heller, division 2, illusionist extrodinaire,"

The man found something to eat, and returned again. That way of introducing himself, even if Garath seemed really tired, reminded Richard of something Garath had told him before...
"Garath Heller, the guy who used to work as a magician... I remember a bit," Richard thought aloud. It was definitely him. They had been... in... Russia? Yeah, him, Isabelle, Garath, they had been in Russia. He didn't think Kain had been there, but Azkar... Richard shook his head, and hoped someone would talk about something, anything that wasn't his new position. Since Garath didn't know about it, Richard didn't feel obliged to inform him of it either.

"Really woman? Really? Trapped in the middle of nowhere and all you can think about is if you get a paycheck. Your prioritize"

A man in a hood and red robes at at a table in the middle of the wilderness, drinking tea and playing solitaire.

"So. You escaped from those guys. What's your next adventure?"

"Hey, I'm a perfect little flower. Be nice." Azkar's large body began erupting, armor plates partially bursting off, hanging by tendons and gooey blood. Large tentacles sprang upwards and all around. The pigment of her flesh turned a base green. Folds of flower like petals began to flow around her flesh. Making her look like a large slow, twirling plant/thing covered in beautiful flowers and colors.

Azkar leaned out from the chest cavity, peeping from between the moving show of flora and fauna insanity. A long tentacle that looked like a vine curled around her gently, denying a view of anything that would impact on her modesty.

"Well, I'm done being a flower. Can I play?" Azkar gave a warm smile.

"Well, I'm done being a flower. Can I play?" Azkar gave a warm smile.

"Sure kid. Why not. I have nothing but time anyway"

He pushed out the seat next to him as he picked up all the cards and reshuffled them into a single deck. He did a series of card tricks, flipping and spinning them around his head until the were good and mixed up.

"So what brings you out here today?" He said as he put the cards back down on the table.

Azkar's form started to slowly retract it's peculiar new growth. She stepped forward near the table and crouched forward. The inner floor of flesh seemed to extend slightly from within the large chest cavity, slowly pushing the Human body outwards, a tight sheath of skin hugging her thighs and edging down. Before the man could catch a glimpse of anything, thin tentacles soon went between her legs and wrapped around her body seemingly at random, covering anything too scandalous. They soon disconnected from the larger body and fused into some demented strapless short dress made of flesh and writhing strands of muscle.

Azkar sat on the chair and crossed her legs. As she also closed her chest and squatted behind herself. Having two separate bodies was a little disorientating. But considering they didn't share sight or hearing it made it easier.

The cute little albino teen tilted her head in sync with the large eyeless monstrosity behind her. Every little thing she did with her head seemed to be mimicked besides her actually doing anything with her mouth. "Honestly? I have no idea. I feel great though. Like a big burden has been lifted." It was true, but she also frowned a little, looking downwards. "I was trying to rescue someone... Someone I liked to hang around with..." Azkar hadn't had much time to think about it. "I... I think I failed." Azkar didn't like the dark what ifs entering her mind and shook her head. She then lifted a pale white hand to the sky and looked through her slender fingers at the sun.

"I feel better. I can feel properly now." Azkar slowly looked down from the sun at the hooded man, lowering her hand. "But I don't understand why I feel so empty." Azkar didn't know this man at all, which probably made it easier to vent. Even with her unusual and recently cleared mind her feelings weren't making any sense. She only knew one thing. That it hurt.

"After we play a game, maybe you could help me work out what I'm supposed to do. I doubt you're here as a coincidence." Azkar gave a small smile and sat back, crossing her hands on her lap and looking at the table.

"Riiiight..."

Eligor sighed. It didn't seem like he was getting through to Isaac. It wasn't something you can particularly put into words, that is, the mortal tongue. The limitations of mortal language were frustrating. How do you describe something if there is not word for it? Not to mention that Isaac's level of intelligence wasn't helping right now. Eligor wondered how long Isaac would actually stay on the ice, in this frozen landscape. Until he knew? Until he gave up? Regardless, time was a-ticking and Eligor was grasping onto a faint hint of an idea - putting faith where he had none. In humans, in the human soul.

"What exactly am I searching my soul for exactly?"

"Where you think--" Eligor began, interrupting himself. That was the wrong word, now what was the right one? Ah yes... Eligor began again, "Where you 'feel' Hell is, all souls know the way, after all."

"Garath Heller, the guy who used to work as a magician... I remember a bit,"

"Thats me," Garath said, taking a bite of a scone, "How'd you lose your memory anyways, did you get hit on the head or something?"

He chewed and swallowed, then took a drink of coffee, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of it, hopefully this will help me feel less tired he thought. He tried to remember what he knew about Richard, he had said he was a biologist, and not much else. An idea occured to him regarding Richard's amnesia.

"I could use my illusions to show you some of what I saw in Russia, might help you remember," he said, taking another bite out of his scone.

"Thats me," Garath said, taking a bite of a scone, "How'd you lose your memory anyways, did you get hit on the head or something?"

"I think Kain mentioned something about a cannon..." he muttered, it had been back before he had killed Zorrama, and he wasn't too sure he was correct. Either way, it was probably due to extreme harm to his head. Garath then seemed to think of something, and spoke again, after having eaten.

"I could use my illusions to show you some of what I saw in Russia, might help you remember,"

"I was correct, it was Russia." Richard nodded, getting as much of his memories back would probably help him, if only in order to shed light on the day before. Besides, he couldn't remember where he was in his research, or what he was supposed to test next, and if he did remember, that would help him out a lot.
"If you're not too tired, that would be great." He wondered when he was going to actually start the job he had... obtained, but he hoped it wasn't too early, though DICE had the tendency of taking care of official matters quite fast.

"If you're not too tired, that would be great."

"Okay then, I'll see what I can do," Garath said, concentrating a miniature version of the plane appeared, then the various agents who had gone on the Russia mission got off, split into the two groups and departed, at this point the forest group remained, and the other one vanished. They continued walking through the woods (although the illusions remained in the same spot on the table), then they reached the Kouza Prime, the battle played out and then the group went back to the plane. The whole thing played out soundlessly, and in fast-motion.

"There, thats about what I remember," Garath said, as the images faded away, "Sorry I couldn't remember more of what people were saying, and I sped it up a bit so that we wouldn't be here all day, hope it helps."

He finished the scone, grabbed a fork, and began to eat the quiche.

"There, thats about what I remember," Garath said, as the images faded away, "Sorry I couldn't remember more of what people were saying, and I sped it up a bit so that we wouldn't be here all day, hope it helps."

"No, that's okay," Richard said, and smiled. He hadn't gotten some miraculous realization from it, but he knew the basics of what had happened. Richard had gone with the others in order to collect samples as he always did, and then he had met a few people, and spoken to them. For some reason... no, because of Azkar, he had decided to help his group out with the large creature that had appeared, and used some special slugs that some of the other guys from D6 had created. They had some kind of acid in them, that he knew. Richard had collected his samples when the creature was dead, and then a man in a hood had made the whole thing disappear. After that, they had gone back to HQ. "Thank you," he continued. "It helped clear up a bit."

"After we play a game, maybe you could help me work out what I'm supposed to do. I doubt you're here as a coincidence." Azkar gave a small smile and sat back, crossing her hands on her lap and looking at the table.

The man dealt out five cards for each of them and sat back in his chair as he looked at his hand.

"Your doubts are not without reason. Though, I guess I could help you with whatever you need to get done. Let's see now" He put his hand to what one could guess was his chin under the hood. "If we're talking about the same person, then I believe the person you tried to save ended up saving himself. As momentary as that may be"

He drew a card off the top of the deck and put it face up on the table.

"What you're suppose to do is up to you really. You could continue out here, trying to find whatever purpose you think you have, or I could take you to the person you're trying to save, and you can both face the dangers that's coming together"

"Where you 'feel' Hell is, all souls know the way, after all."

Where he feels hell is? It sounded like such a strange metaphysical concept. How was he expected to just 'feel' where it is without some type of actual location to go off of. Well, he'd at least give it a shot for now.

He focused on doing some sort of mock meditation. He needed to filter out any location that would just take him back to earth. What his mind eventually found was a location outside of latitude and longitude. Something he thought would be impossible to get to otherwise. So he waved his hand and made the portal. Grabbing Eligor again, he stepped through and closed the portal behind him.

Where they ended up was a room without an exit.The walls, floor, and ceiling were nothing but mirrors on all sides. This place didn't seem like the hellish domain he was expecting. In fact, it was twice as cold as the Artic had been.

"I...think we may be a bit off"

"Of course not, just never seen you disappear like that is all." Vayle said with a slightly nervous look at Isabelle, as she sat opposite.

"I see, well like I said, had to deliver my report regarding the recent mission in London to Miss Noble; and I figured she would rather have it sooner rather than later. Also you looked rather tired when we arrived back, so I decided to let you sleep in peace and quiet for a while. After all, you did take quite a hit from that bat creature when you tried to distract him. Speaking of, are feeling hurt at all? And by the way, thank you for that." Isabelle asked, sounding concerned for Vayle, but also grateful that she went out of the way to try and save Isabelle.

"Just a little stiff is all, think I haven't quiet woken up yet. No need to thank me Izzy, just doing my job is all. I was scared that you were going to get hurt." Vayle said in a slightly cheeky manner, but her faced showed how scared she was for Isabelle's safety. Isabelle gave a smile to her concerned assistant, but in the corner of her eye, she could see another ability of Garath as he tried to fill Richard in on the events of what happened in Russia.

"Impressive Garath, how are you able to do that then?"

"Impressive Garath, how are you able to do that then?"

"Magic," he replied, somewhat sarcastically, then continued in a more serious tone, "I've got a good memory, and I've been making illusions since I was in elementary school, when my mom taught me how, as for specifics a magician never reveals his secrets, although I can recommend some books that are not so tight lipped."

A proper explanation ws not something he felt like giving, as it would likely descend into a lecture of some sort, and while he felt that Isabelle would probably grasp the basics easily he didn't want to spend a half hour describing his techniques. To some extent he wasn't sure himself how it worked, he just knew some techniques he'd learned to let him focus and bring his mental images into reality, he was pretty sure he remembered a D6 agent describing it as "manipulation of the collective unconscious" or something like that but such techno-babble meant very little to him. Besides even if he took the time to explain it, and managed to ignore the riducle and questions of the curious scientists in the cafeteria, he wasn't sure she would be able to use magic like he did, and even then she already knew much more useful magic.

Still he felt rude to turn her away so quickly, hopefully she wouldn't take it the wrong way.

"What you're suppose to do is up to you really. You could continue out here, trying to find whatever purpose you think you have, or I could take you to the person you're trying to save, and you can both face the dangers that's coming together"

Azkar nodded at the man. "I think I'd prefer to go back with them. Not sure I have many other options." Shen then gave a cheeky smile "I'm also fairly bad at solitaire. However, I wouldn't mind knowing who you are and why you just happen to be here."

"I think I'd prefer to go back with them. Not sure I have many other options." Shen then gave a cheeky smile "I'm also fairly bad at solitaire. However, I wouldn't mind knowing who you are and why you just happen to be here."

"I'm not too important. I'm just the thing watching out for the little guy. You. Your friend. The people at DICE. You all interest me a one way or the other. I thought it'd be a shame to leave to just leave you here with no direction. So I cheated. And now I'm here to help"

The man look off for a moment, falling quite. He seemed upset by the tone in his voice.

"I'm gonna get in a lot of trouble for this...eh. Wouldn't be the first time"

The man rose up from his chair and devoured the table he was sitting at. He then turned to Azkar and offered his hand to her.

"Ready to go?"

"Ready to go?"
"Not sure about your choice in edible substances. Yes, I'm ready" Azkar nodded and was soon pulled back inside the rest of her body, making a single entity again.

"Hopefully nothing particularly silly has happened while I've been gone. You claim to have been watching everyone. Anything decent happen?" Azkar absent mindedly making conversation as she focused and readied herself. Just in case.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked