D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 39 NEXT

"Hopefully nothing particularly silly has happened while I've been gone. You claim to have been watching everyone. Anything decent happen?"

"Well, your husband is the leader of Division 6 now. Elizer is faffing about. And the talking sword is about to be fondled by a Japanese boy in the underworld. I think that just about covers it"

The hooded man laid a hand on Azkar's arm. What resulted was an explosion of golden light all around them, that made them feel as if they were separated from their bodies. A second later, Azkar found herself back in her room in the division 3 hall that she was in the previous day.

"And here we are. I think you should be able to find your way around from here"

"Well, your husband is the leader of Division 6 now. Elizer is faffing about. And the talking sword is about to be fondled by a Japanese boy in the underworld. I think that just about covers it"

"I'm fairly sure I'd remember getting married. Also, let's just say I doubt anyone would get over my 'exotic nature' enough to get close to me. Smart ass." Azkar smirked within the pitch black recesses of her own body. She had decided to put basic vocal cords through her more combat ready form's head and throat "Eliezer is always faffing about. As for talking sword... It'd probably enjoy it." Azkar shrugged and let the man touch her. Which made a big burst of light and had her back in her D3 room.

"And here we are. I think you should be able to find your way around from here"
Azkar shook her large head like a wet dog, bearing large serrated teeth in a disturbing, would-be smile. "Thank you, I think I'll manage."

"Thank you, I think I'll manage."

"If that is the case, then I will now depart. And don't be so hard on yourself about your looks my lady. I've seen much more vile creatures. And none of them have come close to the inner beauty you possess"

The hooded man bowed and began to evaporate into the golden light they came there with.

"I hope to see you again soon"

In another flash of light, he disappeared, leaving Azkar to explore the building.

"Allons-y!" Eligor yelled as they entered the portal.

The cold intensified, enough to notice, but apparently not enough to freeze either Eligor or Isaac. Eligor couldn't tell whether he was in one of Hell's cavernous depths, or in another dimension outside Creation. That had yet to be seen. Even so, if they were somewhat stuck in a sticky situation, Isaac could always teleport out using the portals. Well, it was a lot more exciting than sitting an a weapon rack for five years or so. At least he would see some action here.

"I...think we may be a bit off"

"We have no idea yet." Eligor replied, and then preceded to say in a mocking manner, "Welcome to your own personal hell."

"We have no idea yet." Eligor replied, and then preceded to say in a mocking manner, "Welcome to your own personal hell."

"Well that's kind of weird then"

Isaac took a walk around, feeling each section of glass for some kind of exit. For 'hell', this place didn't look all that impressive.

"Why would hell look like this? This is just anti climactic. Where's all the fire and demons and hookers being cooked in a pool of meth?"

Isaac ran his hand along the side of one mirror. Unfortunately, he came across an uneven, sharp piece of the glass that drew some of his blood. He retracted his hand. And as he did, the blood on the glass spread out growing bigger and bigger. It soon coated the entire side of the mirrored wall. When Isaac looked closer at the reflection, he noticed it looked distinctly different.

The man in it was much shorter, with black hair and silver eyes. He had a red marking around his eyes, and was dressed in a training gi. When he saw Eligor's reflection, it was that of a regular looking katana.

The reflection moved as Isaac did. When he moved to the side, so did the other boy. Then Isaac slowly placed his fingers on the mirror. This was his third mistake in the last 5 minutes, as the reflect forced it's arm out the mirror and grabbed Isaac, then shoved him back while taking a hold of Eligor.

While Isaac was on the floor, he looked up at the being that had come out. He was looking at Eligor's blade, smiling deeply.

"Saigo ni. Watashi wa watashi no masutā o yobu tame ni dareka o motte iru. Soshite ima, watashi wa futatabi tamashī o karitoru tame ni mushōdenakereba naranai"

The boy poured a black aura of evil into Eligor, and with a single horizontal swipe, exploded all the glass in the room. It's inhabitants feel downwards into a dark pit, that got warmer the further they went. Isaac tried teleporting out, but couldn't get his power to work. He hit the bottom with a loud, sickening crack.

When he managed to open his eyes again, the boy was just sitting there, looking at Eligor. It was as if he was waiting for the blade to do something. The location around him was the far more interesting part. The land looked as if it were composed of black stones and pits of fire. This looked a lot closer to what he was expecting.

"So. This is your home I presume," He said, trying to raise himself up.

"Magic." he replied, somewhat sarcastically, then continued in a more serious tone, "I've got a good memory, and I've been making illusions since I was in elementary school, when my mom taught me how, as for specifics a magician never reveals his secrets, although I can recommend some books that are not so tight lipped."

"Interesting, certainly a useful skill to have when relaying information no doubt. Any information or assistance that you can provide, might be of some use regarding Vayle here. You see, she suffers from amnesia of her previous life. Her memories are fragmented, so she can't remember much about when she was alive, and not a spirit. Sure, stuff comes and goes, but we can't seem to put the puzzle together. Vayle is as curious as I am to learn more about herself." Isabelle said as she continued to eat her pasta.

"Yeah, Izzy is right, I just want to know more about myself, and why I'm a spirit instead of having passed on to the afterlife. So, anything you might be able to do to help Garath would be appreciated, even if its as simple as a place to start looking." Vayle added, sounding hopeful as she briefly smiled towards the magician.

Isaac threw empty words into the air. What was the point of complaining? Eligor sighed, he would have to tell him that all angels are not winged figures in white. Suddenly a baffling series of events occured. The wish for excitement was being fully fulfilled, it seemed, as Isaac made one blunder after another. The prison walls revealed itself to be a series of mirrors, but Isaac cut himself somehow and blood spilled everywhere and filled one section of the mirror until it covered the wall. The reflection changed. A boy stood there with a katana. Isaac decided that placing his fingers on the bloody mirror was a good idea and with a push and a swipe, Eligor changed hands before he could object.

Dark power filled the blade and with a might slash the prison of mirrors shattered, revealing hellish depths below. In the end, Eligor ended up being stuck in the ground, being stared by the asian boy. He had said something about a 'master' and 'reaping souls again'. Languages were never his strong point. Besides, the boy was looking at him expectedly, as if he was supposed to do something. Isaac looked well for someone who had just been subjected to a long fall through the different levels. He was asking another question as well, which bothered Eligor. Right now they were with somebody they couldn't understand and was greatly interested in Eligor. Still, he humored him.

"So. This is your home I presume," Isacc said.

"Not this exact spot, no." Eligor responded, "Say, care to ask that boy for directions?"

"Yeah, Izzy is right, I just want to know more about myself, and why I'm a spirit instead of having passed on to the afterlife. So, anything you might be able to do to help Garath would be appreciated, even if its as simple as a place to start looking."

"Yeah I think you mentioned your amnesia back in Russia," Garath replied, somewhat taken aback by the question, "I can't really show you anything, since I wasn't there for your previous life."

He hesitated, he wasn't sure how Isabelle felt about necromancy, most people just hated it on instinct, and he wasn't even sure if he could use a spirit to find other spirits. Still it was the only thing he could think of that might help.

"I do have one thing I could try, although I'd want to do it somewhere else, generally speaking holding a seance works better the fewer distractions there are," He had to supress a laugh at the thought of holding a seance for a ghost, "I think I might be able to call up the souls of some of the people you knew in life, to talk to them, of course I'm not even sure it would work on a ghost, and it would only be able to call up people you had a strong connection to in life, even if you don't remember it."

He hadn't performed this sort of necromancy in a while, although DICE occasionally had him call up a ghost using its body as a connection, so that he could identify a body. Besides that the older the longer it had been sine the person died the harder it was to call up their ghost.

"Not this exact spot, no." Eligor responded, "Say, care to ask that boy for directions?"

Isaac sat up completely and just paused for a moment, trying to shake off the pain from the fall. He looked directly at the boy and tried to strike up some conversation with him.

"So. Um. Nani demo kono atari ga doko ni aru ka gozonji?"

The kid didn't respond. He just kept looking at Eligor; patiently waiting.

"Right. Okay. I don't much think he's interested in helping me. You on the other hand..." Isaac retrived a phone from his jacket and pushed a button on it. A sound resonated around the area before dulling out. "I think he wants you to interact with him in some way. He called you his master. Maybe...try to give him a command"

"I can't really show you anything, since I wasn't there for your previous life."

"That makes sense I guess, as you would've of had to of been alive quite a long time ago; a few centuries at least given what I can remember."

"I do have one thing I could try, although I'd want to do it somewhere else, generally speaking holding a seance works better the fewer distractions there are." Garath looked as though he was trying to hold back a laugh, and had narrowly succeeded. However, the idea of holding a seance for ghost, gave Vayle a reason to laugh; as she hadn't heard of the idea before.

"You know Garath, that is actually both funny and ironic at the same time, seeing as you would be holding one for a ghost." Vayle remarked as she managed to contain her laughter. She then composed herself and patiently listened to the rest of Garath's idea.

"I think I might be able to call up the souls of some of the people you knew in life, to talk to them, of course I'm not even sure it would work on a ghost, and it would only be able to call up people you had a strong connection to in life, even if you don't remember it."

"Hmm, well I guess it could work; seeing a face or hearing a voice may awaken a few lost memories. Would you be okay with that Isabelle?" Although Vayle knew that this was mostly her choice to make, she still wanted to hear Isabelle's opinion.

"Seeing as though its one of the few options that might actually have a chance of working on a larger scale, I have no major concerns about it. However, Garath, I know this may sound silly, but in case anything goes wrong, is there away we can end the seance?"

A young man with blond hair wearing a blue lab coat walked into the canteen. He stopped by Richard's table and held out a picture of him, putting it next to his face for comparison. When he was sure he had found the right guy, he took out a few feet of rope and tied it around Richard, then began to drag him out of the room.

"See you later everyone," the man said to everyone as he rounded the corner.

Richard was being dragged by a young man with a blue lab coat, a rope tied around Richard. He tried to fight against it, but that proved to be more difficult than expected, as he almost stumbled instead. "Who are you?" Richard muttered, and tried to wriggle loose one more time. Why wasn't there anyone who tried to ask him to come with them, rather than pick him up in some unusual way? "Let me guess... it has something to do with the job, right?" Which job, he didn't say. If this guy was a D0 spy as well he would react like one, if not, the question would still be valid for a regular D6. Richard had seen the man around, but as with the rest of the scientists, he had never taken much interest in him.

"Let me guess... it has something to do with the job, right?"

"Oh. Sorry. Almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Daniel Tropas. I'm suppose to be your assistant now that you're the new Boss. I'm showing you to your office now"

He looked back at Richard with a courteous smile as he relaxed on the rope.

"If you have any other questions, feel free to ask"

"Oh. Sorry. Almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Daniel Tropas. I'm suppose to be your assistant now that you're the new Boss. I'm showing you to your office now"

Richard wasn't sure whether this guy was D0 or D6, but he didn't seem to mind the fact that he was treating the division head so familiar, so Richard figured he either had to be overly friendly, or D0. Not that he was sure how they were supposed to treat the boss, since he had never cared about it. The man relaxed on the rope and smiled. So this guy was his assistant? Interesting, but in the way that made him vary, not curious.

"If you have any other questions, feel free to ask"

Richard shrugged. "Well, first off, what are you supposed to do? Assistant could be a lot, and I'm not sure what kind you are."

"Well, first off, what are you supposed to do? Assistant could be a lot, and I'm not sure what kind you are."

"Oh. Well, a couple of things. I do most of the paperwork so you don't get bogged down. I send orders to the heads of the different sub-fields so you don't have to micro manage. And...basically anything else you'd want me to do. In a way, I'm kind of like your servant"

The man chuckled a bit at this portion, taking a bit of glee in his new position. They eventually got near the main offices before Daniel started to look around.

"Oh. Well, a couple of things. I do most of the paperwork so you don't get bogged down. I send orders to the heads of the different sub-fields so you don't have to micro manage. And...basically anything else you'd want me to do. In a way, I'm kind of like your servant"

A servant? This definitely was the guy sent by Voltaire, D0 or not. "At least it seems like Voltaire intends to keep his promises, although him not doing so wouldn't surprise me. But, for now, I seem to be out of the danger zone." Richard smiled, feeling a bit lighter. There were still a hundred things weighting down his mind, but he could manage to ignore them, at least he thought so. "So, you do the paper work? That's a relief. Still, you probably wonder why the heck I'm the new division head, huh?" Richard said, both in order to keep trying to determine if Daniel was D0, but also because he knew most of the scientists from D6 would loathe him. He rubbed his neck, for some reason, feeling a sting. "I guess I'll just have to do what I can, regardless of what people think of me." Not that that was a new thing to Richard, he'd never cared about other people's opinions enough to actually change his actions from it.

"Seeing as though its one of the few options that might actually have a chance of working on a larger scale, I have no major concerns about it. However, Garath, I know this may sound silly, but in case anything goes wrong, is there away we can end the seance?"

"Well there isn't much that can go wrong, the worst that happens is that the spirit called up decides not to leave, and unless its stronger than me I can dismiss it anyways," Garath replied, trying to think of what could go wrong, he'd never had problems with this magic before, and neither had his mother, who had made a living by performing it. He'd heard stories about powerful spirits and possessions, and of course the old rule of don't call up what you can't put down applied, but he doubted that there would be any problems.

"There are a few preparations I can make, but if things start to go wrong the spell has to be ended properly or the spirit called up might get stuck," he said, trying to think of what could be used to improve the spell, it wouldn't take him long to acquire supplemental materials, after all DICE kept a good supply of what he would need, setting it up would take a bit of time though, "I doubt anything will go wrong though, its one of the first things I learned to do with magic, and I haven't had it go wrong before," he finished confidently.

As he said all of this some stranger showed up and tied up Richard, and began to drag him away, none of the scientists or other people in the canteen seemed all that disturbed by it, so he decided to ignore it. Probably some stupid D6 tradition or something he thought.

"Well there isn't much that can go wrong, the worst that happens is that the spirit called up decides not to leave, and unless its stronger than me I can dismiss it anyway." Garath remarked to the two women, he then stopped for a moment and began thinking. "There are a few preparations I can make, but if things start to go wrong the spell has to be ended properly or the spirit called up might get stuck. I doubt anything will go wrong though, its one of the first things I learned to do with magic, and I haven't had it go wrong before."

"Right, better make sure its done right, rather than quick and sloppily. The only reason why I am asking, is more for both yours and Vayle's safety; call it me being cautious, I hope you understand my concern." Isabelle then took a sip of water to wash down her food. She still had some left, but was feeling full.

"Say Vayle, I don't think I can finish this off by myself, care to have the rest?" Isabelle asked politely.

"Ooh, thank you; I rather enjoy pasta, for some reason or another, it reminds me of this one time I was in Florence, and I had this really nice bolognese. My god it was rich and so full of flavour, felt like I couldn't eat for days."

"You've been to Florence Vayle?"

"It might have been Florence, it might have been Venice; all I can remember though was that it was somewhere in Italy, along the coast, I remember enjoying the view as I ate." Vayle remarked, sounding a little confused as to her geography as she began eating the remaining pasta.

"Well, thats a step in the right direction I guess. So then Garath, when would be the best time to perform a seance then?" Isabelle said, unsure of what just happened and hurriedly changed the subject of conversation.

"Well, thats a step in the right direction I guess. So then Garath, when would be the best time to perform a seance then?"

"We could do it later today, it won't take long to set up, DICE has all the materials I'd need on hand," he said, "I guess I can understand your concern, we deal with dangerous supernatural stuff on a daily basis after all."

He made a mental list of the various implements he would need to enhance the spell, incense to burn, chalk to make a circle of protection, although he was fairly certain he could get silver powder if he asked, a lense of some sort would also help, but Vayle's crystal ball could probably work as both that and as a focus for the spell.

"Just tell me where you want me to perform it and I'll have it set up in about an hour," he finished.

"So, you do the paper work? That's a relief. Still, you probably wonder why the heck I'm the new division head, huh?"

"No. Not really. I mean, I never really bothered to learn the chain of command in D6. Even if there was one. It just sounded like useless information to learn"

"I guess I'll just have to do what I can, regardless of what people think of me."

"Hey. Forget the other guys," Daniel said reassuringly. "No matter what anyone says, they picked you for this job over anybody else. There must be a reason for it"

Daniel swung the door open to Richard's new office. It wasn't anything remarkable. The last man to have it cleared it out days in advance, so it was clear except for the large desk with a computer on it, and the lab equipment off to the side for personal studies. The room looked more than big enough to move around in.

"Well. Here it is"

Kain slipped out after Vayle showed up. Didn't quite now why, just wanted to get some air. He realized that was impossible half-way through his walk, and just decided to go to the gym. When he made it, he decided to use the treadmill, and listen to conversations.
"You hear about the new head of D6?-"
"I know, right? Who wears a bowler cap anymore.-"
"You hear about that video of a werewolf?" Kain nearly fell off the machine. He turned it off, and turned towards the men.
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"How did you hear-"
"Shut up, where the hell did you hear about that?" The man held up his phone, a video playing. A large hairy, no furry black thing jumped onto the hood of the police car almost too quickly, before jumping off again just as suddenly. Kain rubbed his temples, walking over to the punching bag to release A LOT of stress

"No. Not really. I mean, I never really bothered to learn the chain of command in D6. Even if there was one. It just sounded like useless information to learn"

Richard had to admit he agreed, he had never met the former D6 head, and he still didn't have a clue about who the man was, only that he wasn't there anymore. The only reason he had known the chief of his department, was that he had to deal with him all the time... wait, what was the chief named? He had no idea. Being a boss like that was a comforting thought at least, then they had no interest in what he did, nor would they care.

"Hey. Forget the other guys," Daniel said reassuringly. "No matter what anyone says, they picked you for this job over anybody else. There must be a reason for it"

"Considering I'm a puppet, that would be Voltaire's influence." Daniel answered in ways that made it impossible to determine if he had any relationship to D0 or not. Richard decided that it wasn't important, he couldn't talk about it either way. Daniel opened a door to a large, but mostly empty office. In terms of space, it was bigger than the storage room, but the use of space was completely different, him using the storage mostly as a lab and only having a computer inside there, although that computer was also used for research. What he did usually didn't require a lot of space, but he needed a clean, sanitary room, and an office... well, he would have to work with what he had. This was where he would spend the most of his time, after all. "Only this place, all the time."

That was a depressing thought, but then again, it was a much bigger prison than one of the D6 cells.

"Well. Here it is"

"Yeah, here it is. Where are you going to be?" Richard asked, he might as well know that from the beginning. "I don't see a second desk?"

"Yeah, here it is. Where are you going to be? I don't see a second desk?"

"Oh, I'll be right next door," Daniel said, pointing through the right wall. "There's an intercom directly to the room on your desk. You can call me over for anything. The guy who told me of this position said you liked to work alone"

"Oh, I'll be right next door," Daniel said, pointing through the right wall. "There's an intercom directly to the room on your desk. You can call me over for anything. The guy who told me of this position said you liked to work alone"

"Well, that's a good thing then. Although I dislike people opening and closing the door all the time, but that would happen either way."
"So, you'll be in there." Richard smiled, but he felt like finding a window and jumping out of it. A window close to the ground of course, he didn't feel like killing himself, just escaping. Not that that mattered, DICE didn't have any windows, not windows leading to the outside at least. "So, what's next? We're here, what to do now?"

"...I think he wants you to interact with him in some way. He called you his master. Maybe...try to give him a command"

Eligor was puzzled, what was he supposed to do? Bow or something? Eligor then cursed the fact that for most of his time imprisoned in the sword, he had been stuck in place around Europe. Western places with Western ideals and customs. The situation couldn't quite be compared to being stuck in a fairly unpleasant place without a paddle, but it was close. The boy continued to stare at him, Eligor was now the centre of his world. For someone more used to casual indifference, this was startling. But he was happy that someone down here seemed to recognise him, or at least saw the value a demonic artefact would have. He could try repeating the syllables Isaac had uttered, however, he didn't exactly know the meaning of them. Something about directions, possibly. He sighed and turned to Isaac, as much as a sword stuck in the ground could.

"Well, I'm not the one who speaks whatever languages that is." Eligor said with a huff, "So we are in a bit of a prickle now, are we not?"

"Well, I'm not the one who speaks whatever languages that is." Eligor said with a huff, "So we are in a bit of a prickle now, are we not?"

"No. Not really"

Isaac got closer to the boy without seeming like he would take his new weapon away. He looked at the marking around his eyes, then the scarring on his hand. He took in every detail until he was sure of how to proceed.

"If this is what I think it is, communication wont be a problem. It's less what you say to him and more how you saw it. Think as hard as you can about him picking you up, and then verbalize that want. He'll pick up on it"

"So, what's next? We're here, what to do now?"

"Well, the old leader kept a tight ship. There's really only two matters of business that needs attending to at the moment"

Daniel walked over to the desk and pulled out some sheets from a file. He held the first one up.

"This one is a request from your old chief, asking that discipline be taken against you for...unlawful use of DICE funds, insubordination, and failure to abide by standards and practices? I'm sure you're going to want to throw this away"

Daniel tossed the paper on the desk and took out the other file.

"The other one is about the D6 officer's body they found in Russia. The family wants it released for a funeral. The biology department is requesting they be denied"

"Well, the old leader kept a tight ship. There's really only two matters of business that needs attending to at the moment" Daniel walked over to the desk and pulled out some sheets from a file. He held the first one up.

"This one is a request from your old chief, asking that discipline be taken against you for...unlawful use of DICE funds, insubordination, and failure to abide by standards and practices? I'm sure you're going to want to throw this away"

So the chief had done that? Considering how he'd ignored the fact that some of the other scientists had drained his blood, the chief didn't seem to like him very much. Besides, the use of DICE funds was not unlawful... actually, he didn't know what that was about. Unless the chief had more against his use of the storage room than he had said, Richard couldn't think of anything that could be the same. So, basically, it was incorrect, and had claims with no grounds. Richard nodded, and Daniel tossed it away, while looking at the other sheet.

"The other one is about the D6 officer's body they found in Russia. The family wants it released for a funeral. The biology department is requesting they be denied"

"Why would they need the body for the funeral?" Richard asked. At only funeral he had been involved in, they had burned the body. He hadn't been consulted on the matter, but he didn't really care. A funeral was usually about people talking about the dead person, and then eating some food, all while crying and being sad, missing the dead person and stating how unfortunate it was. It was in honor of the dead person, but he couldn't see why they would need the body for that. Then again, he didn't see the need for mourning, a dead person was dead, there was no reason to cry. Richard felt that emptiness, but pushed it aside, ignoring the sound of ticking in his head.

"Just deny them it. It's better used for research, either way. Letting it rot or burning it has no value."

"Just deny them it. It's better used for research, either way. Letting it rot or burning it has no value."

"Alright. If you're sure of it, I'll go tell the guys in the lab the can start researching him and send out a letter to the family"

Daniel wrote something on the file and put it back on the desk before starting to head out.

"You don't have anything you need to work on other than that. You can go back to doing...whatever it is you do in your free time until something comes done the line"

"You don't have anything you need to work on other than that. You can go back to doing...whatever it is you do in your free time until something comes done the line"

"If you don't mind, I'd like to take a look at the current projects, and get a hold of what I'm supposed to take care of here," Richard smiled. Now was as good as any time to check out a few things on his own. "How do I access the files on the computer? I assume they are protected?"

"How do I access the files on the computer? I assume they are protected?"

Daniel stopped and looked back; looking as if he was racking his brain trying to remember something.

"Oh! Yeah. They're only behind the password. Just type in 'Tesla's slave trade' when the prompt comes up, and you'll be able to go right in. They're arranged in an easy enough order where you should be able to find anything you need"

"We could do it later today, it won't take long to set up, DICE has all the materials I'd need on hand." Garath said, "I guess I can understand your concern, we deal with dangerous supernatural stuff on a daily basis after all. Just tell me where you want me to perform it and I'll have it set up in about an hour,""

"Well at least you understand my concern then Garath. Shall we say sometime this afternoon then, I'm sure that would give you enough time to prepare; I can have a few words with some people, and see if I can get the common room down in Division Two available. Before I forget, is there anything in particular that is required for this seance?"

"Well at least you understand my concern then Garath. Shall we say sometime this afternoon then, I'm sure that would give you enough time to prepare; I can have a few words with some people, and see if I can get the common room down in Division Two available. Before I forget, is there anything in particular that is required for this seance?"

"Well Vayle needs to be there, other than that no, its probably the simplest form of necromancy out there," he said as he stood up, "I'll go get the materials then, and meet you in the common room later."

He turned and walked towards the door, he realized that he had remarked that it was necromancy, and hoped she either didn't notice or had no objections to it. It wasn't like he was unleashing vengeful wraiths or binding lost souls to himself, he would just be chatting up a dead person.

"If this is what I think it is, communication wont be a problem. It's less what you say to him and more how you saw it. Think as hard as you can about him picking you up, and then verbalize that want. He'll pick up on it"

That was Isaac's conclusion after he had finished inspecting the boy, who was still content just to stare at the sentient sword, ever waiting for orders. Well, it was either being stuck here with the addition of the boy and Isaac, or stepping up to the challenge. Eligor sighed, he should have known about such things. After all, he had just delivered the cheesiest speech ever to explain to a mortal the basics of how one manipulated cross-dimensional pathways, communicating to a strange bou by only the force of intent would be comparatively normal to that. Eligor placed himself in the mindset of the Great Duke he once was and boomed his order with a stern and commanding voice.

"Wield me."

"Well Vayle needs to be there, other than that no, its probably the simplest form of necromancy out there." Garath said as he stood up, "I'll go get the materials then, and meet you in the common room later." He then turned and walked towards the door.

'Necromancy, well I guess it makes sense seeing as though we are talking to ghosts, which given the context of a seance, is a bit like raising the dead.' Isabelle thought to herself as she listened to the conversation that happened around her.

"See you later then Garath."

"See you later then Garath."

Garath nodded and walked out the door, after a visit to some of D2's collections of magical aids and apparatuses he had colleted all the materials he would need, and somewhat later in the afternoon he arrived in the empty common room and set up the ritual. The preparations consisted of drawing a circle of chalk on a table, to contain the ghost should it try to break free, and setting up an incense burner, the smell of which would help him focus, plus it made the whole thing seem more mystical. He'd even managed to obtain some silver powder to mix into the chalk, which supposedly would make it more effective.

All this finished he sat down and waited for Isabelle to arrive, so that they could begin. All that he would need to do then was place Vayle's crystal ball in the circle to use as a focus, and cast the spell to see what ghosts would answer the call.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked