D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . . . 39 NEXT

The brass armoured Demon sat above the skyline watching the chaos below him unfurl. All it had taken was a whisper, these humans were too proud for their own good. Man fought against man for the sake of a whisper, it had gone as the Demon had expected. He had spread the rumour that the Persian King's wife had found a new lover, of course no one new who he was and the King had to do something about it, it would be unkingly not to try and save face after all. The King had decreed that whoever should find the lover would be offered Dukedom, with that incentive the people tore the city apart, offering patsies - who were executed on the spot.

This did not boost the King's popularity and soon civil war broke out, any man who had the gall proclaimed themselves the new and rightful king.

All for a whisper.

Some were charismatic leaders, regaling the people of tales of past, of honour and heroism. People flocked to see them, the wanted to fight for them. They were the people's king, once the battle was done and it was no longer a time for honour and heroism would they be able to run the kingdom? The Demon doubted it, but that made them the best possible candidate. Who else could create pandemonium better then a fool king?

There were other less favourable candidates as well, those who would rule with an iron fist, who took ever law to heart. The romantics might be willing to let a thief keep his hand for stealing some bread, but those men had a will forged from iron and were more likely to break before they bent. They would be a pour choice, the true fun would end before it had really began

As the Demon sat there, picking and choosing between the lot, an Angel approached him.

"Come to spoil my fun already?" The Demon asked jocularly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Wake up Eliezer" He could feel Bel shaking him, "I've fixed your ID's, now it's time for you to go."

He had fallen asleep on the sofa, the Rubik's cube had fallen onto the floor. When had he fallen asleep? Even though his eyes were still wearing and he felt bedraggled, Eliezer forced himself up off the sofa and took the IDs from Bel.

"There was no need for the rude awakening" He sneered, snatching the briefcase and stuffing the ID's into it and stormed towards the door, "I'm going then"

The first stop he made was at the bank, thankfully DICE had kept away from most of his accounts, however not all had been left unscathed. He withdrew some money and moved onto the next stage of his plan.

While he loathed the idea of going back to DICE, it would make his plan easier, not everything about the scientists lives could be learned from their files. Eliezer would learn about the small nuances that made them tick from them, keep your friends close and your enemies closer as it were. It was only a matter of time before DICE learned that the files he had taken were missing, on error on his part, he had not yet fully realized his plan when he took them. If he was going to play the pawn then he had no need to keep them on his person, he would return them once he got back too DICE.

Begrudgingly he got out the pager to summon a portal back to HQ.

It was in the early hours of the afternoon when both Isabelle and Vayle arrived in the common room, after spending sometime back in her quarters; she was impressed by the work that Garath had done to the place. Isabelle noticed the faint aroma from a nearby incense burner, to made her feel more relaxed and reassured about forthcoming events. Then, the pair of them noticed Garath sitting at a table in the center, a circle of chalk drawn on it. His demeanour made him look like a professional.

"Well, I actually kind of like what you have done with the place, albeit they are some minor changes." Isabelle remarked kindly as she and Vayle took a seat at the table. Vayle's crystal ball soon came into being, appearing in her hand.

"I take it that this will be helpful then?" She asked as she handed the object over to Garath.

"I take it that this will be helpful then?"

Garath nodded, and placed the object in the center of the circle, and began to concentrate, there was an incantation for the spell but it was hardly necessary and in fact was merely some latin-sounding mash up of words to encourage superstition. Needless to say he didn't bother with it, after a minute the air around the ball began to congeal, and a silvery mist rose from it, whispering could be heard coming from the mist.

Garath wiped the sweat from his forehead, "Well someone decided to show up, not sure who, but I think they want to talk to you, not me," he said, normally the caster of the spell spoke for the ghost, but in this case it seemed to have enough substance to communicate on its own, it might even take a more concrete shape, reflecting who it was in life, but that wasn't common.

"Wield me."

The boy stood up fully and grabbed Eligor's handle, then pulled him up out of the ground. He took a couple of practice swings with him, getting use to the weight of the blade. Then he stopped frozen. He poured more of his evil aura into Eligor. This time, it helped to submit his will to his new weapon. With but a thought, Eligor could command the boy to attack whatever stood in his way. The swordsman was now a tool of the sword.

Isaac stood back, only observing the transfer of energy.

"Well. I think we've solved that problem" He took a look around the hellish put they resided in. "Next one. Where exactly did you want to go in this place?"

The pager flashed a message to Elizer to turn the the road, where the portal would appear. Once he was out of everyone's view, a blue, swirling gateway appeared leading him back into DICE. The woman at the front desk was their waiting for him to do the usual check in.

The moment Garath had placed the crystal ball into the center of the table, did he begin to concentrate. He spoke some strange incantation, a random assortment of words that sounded like Latin. After a minute or so, the air around the ball began to coagulate, becoming thicker as it were; along with a silvery mist slowly rising from the bottom. A faint whisper could be heard. Garath then wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"Well someone decided to show up, not sure who, but I think they want to talk to you, not me." He remarked to Vayle, slightly confused at the request. Normally at a seance, the spirit would speak through the person that called them there, not directly to someone. Whoever it was, they must of been powerful. Isabelle decided to remain quiet in the proceedings, not want to disrupt them.

"They, want to speak directly to me?" Vayle asked, pointing to herself, equally as confused as Garath sounded.

"Vayle? Vayle is that you?" A voice said, definitely sounding like a man became louder.

"My my, after all this time, you still look pretty as you do now. Whats the matter, don't recognize me after all these years? You used to be able to tell who I was from a crowd by voice alone." The man continued to say, before a body began to appear.

"I'm sorry whoever you are, I'm afraid I can't seem to remember you. For some reason, I can't remember my previous life, before I was well a spirit. Well, I can remember fragments, but they don't fit together well." Vayle said, sounding sad; whoever this guy was, had known Vayle well, like they were best friends or something of the like. She must admit, his voice was pretty indistinguishable.

"Ah, I see, sorry for that; just figured you would of remembered who I was in an instant."

"No, don't say sorry Leigh, it's not your fault that I'm like this, at least I don't hope it is." Vayle said, not realising that she just said his name. She looked surprised that she said it so quickly. Vayle spoke in a more calmer tone now, relieved that at least she remembered something, and soon smiled.

"Leigh, its good to see you again. Sorry for not recognising you right away, guess I needed to see your face to jog my mind. Tell me, how did you die?"

"First, no need to be sorry, I'm surprised as you are that you managed to find my name so quickly. You always were the smart one of the group. As for how I died, was fighting A Succubus over in Europe roughly two centuries ago. Though I managed to kill her, she left a pretty nasty claw mark across my chest. Managed to survive till I got to town, but succumbed to the injuries a few days later. At least you could say I died in battle. Say, where are you anyway Vayle?" Leigh said as he looked around the unfamiliar room.

"I am part of a global organization called D.I.C.E, whose job it is to protect humanity from demonic and supernatural threats."

"I see, looks like you keep some good company, especially that pretty lady next to you. At least your still keeping up with the job we had when you was alive; albeit on a more global scale." As Leigh said this, Isabelle blushed slightly, not anticipating the comment.

~Somewhere in the United States~

A dark blue two door car pulled up onto the curve as the sun began to set. It's occupant, a white man with red hair wearing a black suit and a sword at his belt, climbed out and surveyed his surroundings. The neighborhood looked desolate and all but run down. All the better for the man, as there would be little in the way of witnesses for his investigation.

He walked on down the street and turned the corner. Only a dew blocks was a small, pristine church. However was running it had more cash than however still lived here, that was for certain. Before he got to close to the building, the man began to hear a shuffling sound. He turned his head, trying to catch whatever it was.

Probably just some kids, he thought as he walked on. Though soon the sounds began to get closer. The footsteps mirrored the man's own, causing an echo. The agent had had enough of this by this point, and slowly reached for his sword.

The same second his finger could touch the hilt, he was set upon by a wrinkled, fang creature jumping from near a building. It was able to get a clean bite into the man's arm before he withdrew his sword and jabbed it into the creature's neck. The monster was instantly engulfed in flames, and fell to the ground screaming. Although, this wasn't over. Another creature, much like the first, stepped out of the shadows to take it's place.

The swordsman was prepared this time, and was able to dodge it's advancing blows. He gave the monster a swift blow to the head with his pummel, then proceeded to take off a chunck of it's hand.

The fanged monster stood there bleeding and screaming at the man with the sword. He smirked at it and extended his right arm, ready to finish the beat off.

BANG

The man fell to his legs after the bullet went through his thigh.

BANG

Another bullet sent the sword flying from his hand. From behind the fang creature stepped two human looking creatures. The first was a disheveled looking man with dirty blond hair and wearing biker jacket. He laughed maniacally as he began to kick the swordsman to the ground repeatedly. With another giggle, he looked down to get a good look at his face.

"Hey. Hey Bertram. This isn't the one. It's totally not the one. They sent the wrong person Bertram. What the fuck?"

A second man came up behind him, wearing sunglasses and a policeman's uniform. He still had his freshly used revolver in his left hand.

"I can see that numbnuts," he stated in a southern American accent. "Hold on a second." The cop patted the swordsman down, looking for anything interesting. He removed the man's phone and his badge from his pants pocket. "Heh?" He looked from the badge, over to the sword. He gathered some bile from his throat and sit directly on the blade. The saliva burned on contact. "Just as I thought. Anti-demonic weaponry. We got ourselves a pro"

The cop went through the phone looking for a number. He stopped at one in particular and started to text.

"Hey! Hey Bertram. Who is that? What are you doing?"

"Jut ending out a little message to this guy's boss. Letting them know what's up and all"

"Oh. Cool. That's cool. What do we do about the suit here"

"No use letting him go to waste" The cop nodded at the fanged monster as he finished his message. The swordsman's screams could be heard from all around as the two strangers walked away.

Chapter 2: The Salvation of Earth

Eliezer headed towards to where the portal would be, a small, forgettable alleyway that London had in abundance - if you asked him where he was based off the alleyway he could say Camden, Ealing or Greenwich. As soon as he was out of view, the portal leading back to DICE appeared. This was it then, revenge or going back to the same routine. Eliezer knew without thinking which would be the more favourable outcome.

He stepped through the swirling blue gateway, arriving back at DICE instantaneously. A woman was waiting for him to check in, he quickly waved the ID card in front of her and went though the search. The briefcase with the files went though a scanner and came out without a fuss. THe part he had been concerned about was over and he nonchalantly headed back to the file room on Division 5's level.

He decided to forgo the usual look-shifty-checking-if-anyone-was-around and quietly took the files out of the briefcase and put them back in the filing cabinate, once the briefcase was empty, leaving only some wads of cash and the fake ID's in it, he started on putting the files back in order, if anyone asked he could just tell them he was sorting out the files. It was true in a sense.

Garath watched as the ghost took form and began to converse with Vayle, he seemed to have been a demon hunter of some sort, not surprising considering Vayle's abilities. What worried him was how strong the spirit was, he felt confident that he could contain it if it tried to break free, but it was certainly the one of the strongest spirits he'd ever had respond to this spell.

Still the ghost hadn't tried anything yet, so he had no reason to do anything but sit back and watch the conversation unfold. The spell didn't require much focus to maintain at this point, but he did have to be ready to dismiss it at any point, so he sat back and kept concentrating.

A man in a red leather jacket and noh mask began whistling as he waited for Elizer to get done with the files he was messing around with. He leaned on a different cabinet and looked around. He waited until he was sure the two were alone before talking.

"Doing some secretary work there I see? That's cool. Anything really interesting in there?"

The man started messing about with the other cabinets' pretending to look for something alongside Elizer.

A man wearing a red leater jacket and a noh mask styled as the appearance of an oni started whistling beside Eliezer, he was leaning against one of the cabinets with a casual demeanour, but this was no time for Eliezer to let his guard down.

"Doing some secretary work there I see? That's cool. Anything really interesting in there?"

He then mirrored what Eliezer was doing and started fiddling with the other cabinets.

"Not really, you'd think a group of demon hunters would have some more interesting personal, but it's just the standard fare with some magic thrown in, it's disappointing really," He said offhandedly and slid the draw he was messing with shut, "You don't look much like a secretary though."

"Not really, you'd think a group of demon hunters would have some more interesting personal, but it's just the standard fare with some magic thrown in, it's disappointing really," He said offhandedly and slid the draw he was messing with shut, "You don't look much like a secretary though."

"Nah. I'm not really fit to be a secretary. The whole thing just sounds boring as hell. My talents are better spent elsewhere. Anything other than a desk job really"

He picked a file at random and started thumbing through it. He hoped he'd find at least one interesting pick while he was there.

"Yup. Dull, dull, and more dullness. Nothing to see here"

He slipped the file back into the cabinet and shrugged.

"Ah well. Can't say I didn't try Elizer. Ah well. Time for me to go find something else to do"

Aaron, still holding his package, set up in a D3 firing range. He set down the package, his pistols, and the blast mask, and unpackaged what he had received in D6. He fitted the matching silencers to his pistols, hoping that this time, things would be different. For the sake of preparedness, Aaron strapped the blast mask to his face and pulled it down, then aimed downrange at two targets and fired. Thank God he had the blast mask on.

The silencers blew up in his protected face, sending him stumbling backwards as the engraved ivory on his guns flashed as if it had been rudely awoken from a deep sleep. Muttering words that he didn't want the D6 people to hear, Aaron headed back to his bunk on level 4 and disposed of the silencer remnants and hung up the blast mask, making a mental note to return it later.

Sitting on the side of his bed, he pulled out a book and began to contemplate his next move. He would like to attempt to persuade Sophia again to give the Second Coming a shot, but he hadn't seen her recently, and he suspected that she had been shipped out on another campaign or some such, as she was in the military branch, after all. Reminiscing on his recent exploits, Aaron turned his thoughts in the direction of the mystery man Isaac, who knew so much and had revealed so little. The way Aaron's surname had lingered in Isaac's head bothered the D4 agent, and he was itching to find out what the Specter man knew. Setting the book down, now twirling a pen in his right hand, Aaron made a mental checklist of the people he knew that Isaac knew. That woman he arrived with, whose name began with an "A", if she had no loyalty to DICE, then Aaron doubted that he could sway her in his direction with no real risk. Then, his thoughts drifted to the D2 head, Christina Noble, one of the few who seemed to have any authority over Isaac. Making up his mind as to what his next move was, Aaron took off his coat that he was still wearing for some reason, still wearing his pistols and vest, and headed to the central elevators.

Keeping an eye out for Sophia, although at this point it was mostly out of vain hope, Aaron prayed that she was home and not busy as he knocked on the door to Christina Noble's office.

Richard started looking through the files that had shown up after he had typed in the password, and Daniel had left the room. At first he had thought of looking through the files concerning himself, but he decided that finding out who Daniel Tropas actually was was more important. He clicked through the different folders, and soon found the folder containing the information on Daniel.

"Ah well. Can't say I didn't try Elizer. Ah well. Time for me to go find something else to do"

Good he rather get on with erasing the error he had made in haste without some idiot who thought it would be clever to wear such an obnoxious mask pestering him. He wondered how the masked man knew his name, he had gotten used to everyone in the labs knowing who he was that it went right over head initially. He was part of DICE that much was apparent, must be another lacky sent to keep an eye on him, best not to make any other errors then. Although he was curious about what the man had tried to do.

"You could do that, or you could tell me what you were doing here in the first place. After if you are as talented as you think you are, wouldn't your time be better spent elsewhere, not leaning on filing cabinets?"

Daniel's file looked fairly lacking. It seemed that he had only been a part of DICE for little over a year.

Name: Daniel Tropas Age: 23 Gender: Male

From what we've gathered on his time before entering the organization, Daniel was born in Los Angeles, California. The location of his parents are unknown, as he was raised by his uncle Nathan Logoto. He spent his college years studying physics at the University of Southern California.

It seems that the boy had a knack for creating weapons, as DICE agents on one assignment found him one day shooting demons with a pulse rile. After subduing him, Daniel was giving the chance to join DICE, and was put to work in the weapons development department.

Arrest Record: Public Indecency. Destruction of public property. Sexual misconduct.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

"You could do that, or you could tell me what you were doing here in the first place. After if you are as talented as you think you are, wouldn't your time be better spent elsewhere, not leaning on filing cabinets?"

"I guess you could say that. But I guess you could also say my time is better spent checking up on the new people. People I din't authorize I might add"

The man looked Elizer over for a moment before continuing.

"I come back from a mission and to my surprise, my division has a new recruit. I found it strange, seeing as how I have to see to however gets transfered here personally. That, and they checked out through a portal not long after joining. So...how was it that gave you the badge?"
____________________________________________________________________________________

Christina heard a knock and her door and allowed it to open up on it's own. The person on the other side didn't look like anyone from her division, but she ushered him inside anyway.

"Please come in. Have a seat"

She was alone in her office, getting her paperwork tidied up as while she waited for Aaron to take the chair in front of her.

From what Richard could read, it seemed Daniel wasn't as suspicious as he had thought, though he felt like not getting too close to the man, some... things considered. Richard thought about what to check next, and decided that finding anything that could have to do with Zorrama would be in his interest. He had killed the man, but from the sound of it, there were still more the supposed specter could tell him, if not through words, the through what DICE knew about it. He checked every file containing Zorrama's name, and the file that was about the things that had happened in northern France, albeit it was fairly short.

All information pertaining to the man known as Zorrama

Name: Doctor Zorrama Ramses Age at death:31 Gender:Male

Not very much is known about the man we now know as Zorrama. His name was of little importance to demon hunting circles until the early 70's, when he began working with Isaac Specter and the Morgan family.

He use to be an average geneticist with no knowledge of the supernatural. However, when Isaac saved his life during the events of the New Jersey Devil case, he became a consultant for the demon hunting community, studying the habits and DNA of all captured demons and forging weapons for non magical beings to use as defense.His later work in demonic genetics and anti-demon technology is the bases of why DICE created Division 6.

His life came to a sudden end, when he was murdered a demon know as Serenity. He was given a burial at sea, with the Morgan Family in attendance.

Critical Update: It has recently been found that Zorrama did not stay dead after those events, but became a specter and is the source of the Kouza problems that occurred over Europe.

Investigation of his labs reveal state of the art technology. Attempts to ascertain the source of his funding has come up dry, and the child that was captured by Agent Isabelle Hearte knew next to nothing in the way of details.

The only clue we have is reference to a "Solaris" several times in his notes.

Richard almost couldn't believe what he read. "His later work in demonic genetics and anti-demon technology is the bases of why DICE created Division 6."

"This department... is based on his studies?" Not only that, but he had more to do with Isaac than just being a specter. As a matter of fact, it seemed that he became a specter after meeting one, as Isaac seemed to have been young at least as far back as the second world war. Also, who was the Morgan family? Were they connected to it, or was it just some random happenstance? Zorrama seemed to have disagreed with the way DICE did things in any case, how had he felt about D6? A division based on his work, in an organization that worked in ways he disagreed with. "It doesn't matter now, because I killed him. He died, doing what he thought was right, and offering his life in order to create that... thing."

Still, he felt like finding out a bit more about the man's past, and the present. He doubted DICE had anything on "Solaris" but he tried that as a search-phrase, and found the folders on Isaac Specter, the Morgan Family, and the beginning of D6.

"Please come in. Have a seat"

Aaron hung his hat on the rack by the door before heading over to her. "Ms. Christina Noble? I'm Aaron Pertition, Division 4."

Hoping to God he didn't blow his hand in coming here, Aaron sat down and stated his business with concern on his face. "I have some irritating holes in my knowledge, Ms. Noble, and I'm hoping you can help me. How do you know Isaac Specter?"

Search results for "Solaris"

Restricted to Division 4 access

"I have some irritating holes in my knowledge, Ms. Noble, and I'm hoping you can help me. How do you know Isaac Specter?"

"Oh. Of course. Isaac. Well, I guessed that someone would want to know about him given what happened yesterday"

Christina sighed and put all her work to the side. She would need her full attention on describing this kind of headache.

"Officially, everyone in DICE's higher ranks are instructed on who he is due to him being a problem for us most of the time. I personally know him because my father and I worked with him when I was a little girl. He came through my home town quite often"

Richard read through the files. Basically, one could say Zorrama's work and the Morgan family was the basis for creating DICE, along with the military and the government. He wasn't surprised to find out that Isaac was as old as that, although him being a Nazi soldier didn't seem too good. Weren't they the bad guys? Like, really, holocaust-committing bad guys? The man hadn't struck Richard as anything else than a simple guy, and he hadn't seemed to have been trying to fool him, but people did tend to hide their true nature.

"Not that it's my problem, either way," Richard decided and let the matter lie. As informative all of this was, it didn't seem like it would be likely to help him now. If he ever saw that Isaac again, he would try to get to know some more, but now wasn't the time. He would have tried to find out who the member of the Morgan family that worked there was, but it seemed unlikely that they would have kept the last name, and even if that person had kept it, Richard openly showing interest in this could be dangerous.

He checked the Zodiac project, and found that the D6 scientists really needed to stop discussing secret projects so openly, as everything he had heard of it -well, almost, some of those rumors had been rather... weird- seemed to be true. He also learned of its location, a storage within the tech-part of D6, as they had the rooms where the non-biological projects where kept. Richard wouldn't have any problems accessing it if he wanted to, which meant that it was up to him whether or not he should call that Aaron guy. If he wanted to, he could just tell Voltaire about him -though, he still didn't know how he would contact Voltaire or visa versa- but he felt that he should try to find out more about this, in any case. Besides, idiotic as it was, he was mildly curious, and if it messed with DICE... it might just as well be worth it.

Richard wasn't sure how much he was willing to risk in order to see how far he could push the limits. However, gathering information was what he had been told to do, so they couldn't punish him that much for it. Could they? If Voltaire tried to do anything funny, Richard knew that confessing would be likely to give him the better outcome in a worst case scenario. If they didn't believe him at first, he would just have to give them any details he knew of, one couldn't deny proof like that. No matter who the proof came from. Richard had a feeling few people would doubt the fact that he was a puppet of D0, considering how unlikely he had been want to even apply for the boss of D6 job, and how unlikely it was that he would get it. Even as a puppet, there were one place they couldn't limit him, and that was his mind.

"I should try to actually do what I told that assistant I would... but I would rather check out something first. Like, what information DICE actually has on me. Afterwards, I might head down to Division 2 and see Isabelle, if she's there. I don't know what she wanted to talk about, but she seemed... off." Richard stretched and checked the clock while he did so, he had been there for more than two hours. He then found the folder containing the information about himself.

"Officially, everyone in DICE's higher ranks are instructed on who he is due to him being a problem for us most of the time. I personally know him because my father and I worked with him when I was a little girl. He came through my home town quite often"

Aaron only allowed his facade to slip in the slightest when he heard what Christina had said. Since she was a little girl? Christ, I need to read more files on people. Making a mental note to ask about Isaac's age later, Aaron allowed Christina to continue her story.

Both Leigh and Vayle continued to converse with one another, with Vayle being relieved at meeting someone from her past finally.

"I see, looks like you keep some good company, especially that pretty lady next to you. At least your still keeping up with the job we had when you was alive; albeit on a more global scale."

"So, let me guess this straight, when I was alive, I helped in fighting demons and other monsters. Perhaps fighting that Ghoul on the day that Isabelle found me, was a call back to those times." Vayle said as she thought it over.

"Yeah, you were a decent fighter Vayle; not on my level though, but you could hold your own at least. I mean, you still carry around that fragment of your old sword I see. Such a shame to see it broken, it was pretty weapon of a reasonable length; remember you liking to keep enemies at a distance."

"So this belonged to me, you wouldn't happen to remember what it looked like? Specifically that is."

"Hmm, sadly I can't remember specific details, though I do recall that it was a rather long and curved blade, with the handles design carrying on with the curved shape. The metal itself was of a rather high quality, it would of taken quite a few strikes before it would begin to lose its sharp edge. Many would have called it more of an artistic piece, but it had the cutting power behind it to be an effective weapon. Sorry if that wasn't as descriptive as you would of liked."

"No, its fine Leigh, you did your best. Thank you for trying anyway. I think I just need to think all this through for a while, see if what you've told me can bring up some more memories. Its been nice talking to you."

"My pleasure. Oh, I've done something to your crystal ball, I have imparted a small amount of my essence into it. Use that to contact me, if I'm available that it. Also, I'll try and look around the spirit realm for some more information and perhaps other people that remember you. Guess I should get going now." Whilst Leigh said this, he waved his hand, and the ball glowed blue for a moment, before returning to its paler colour.

The energy swirled back and forth, coursing through Eligor and the boy. It began to swirl faster and faster, again and again, ad infinitum, until the waning and waxing of energy blurred. It created a sort of feedback loop between the two. A though from Eligor would be carried by the energy to the boy's brain, then the brain would send impulses through the nerves, causing muscle to twitch, making the boy move, then right at the point where the boy's hand grasped the pommel, the energy returned, carried back partially by the impulses in the nerves. This rendered the boy a puppet to Eligor's whims, now that his will had given in to Eligor's, he was but a mindless drone. Which was all the better for Eligor.

"Well. I think we've solved that problem" He took a look around the hellish put they resided in. "Next one. Where exactly did you want to go in this place?"

"True, I could get used to this." Eligor said joyfully. But there was a little problem and Eligor wasted no time voicing it, "Shame the body is so... squishy. But that's looking a gift horse in the mouth." He then moved onto the matter of the question Isaac had asked, "I believe first off we should get our bearings. From the looks of things, we are quite a way from the Spire of the Seven that rises from the centre of this maze-filled pit. If we go there, we may be able to rise upwards using the contraption built inside the core of the Spire. We may even come across one of the Seven Princes, which would be interesting. Now if you want to go back now, go head. Seeing as this has happened, I think I'll be fine by myself."

Richard Johnson's File

Name: Richard Johnson

Richard first became of interest for DICE 5 years ago, when demons form clean up areas were found to have been slice open, and had samples take. Some time later, while Division 3 was on an operation, Tyson Roth opened fired on Richard, thinking he was working with a group of demons he was after.

Upon securing Richard in our custody, we found that he was indeed human, and gave him a job working for DICE in the labs. Accounts show he was hesitant to work with us at first, but someone in the interrogation team did something to convince him.

After a week or so of having Richard on the payroll, a Division 4 agent took a trip to his house without clearance. The search didn't turn up much but some lab equipment, which we believe was used to test the stolen samples.

For the past few months, Richard hasn't caused many problems, and has been a valued worker here. The pre-issued order to keep him under survailance will no longer be needed.

Critial Update: There has been an incident in the holding cells. It appears that "you know who" assulted one of the experiments in full view of Richard. He looked a bit shaken on the security footage.

Later records show that he took the experiment and an agent named kain with him to France. The reasons are unknown

Critical update: It appears that Richard was found in France by Isabelle Hearte and an assortment of DICE agents. Reports also state he was traveling somewhere with Isaac Specter. If he is with that guy, he might end up being a bigger problem.

Critical Update:The Head of Division Zero has but Richard's name in as a possible next Head of Division 6. This move seems, unlikely. The D zero guys almost never get into inter-organizational politics. It will be nearly impossible for Richard to get past the board's examination, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Critical Update: It seems that he made it in. This looks very odd on paper. Still, the board must have a reason for all this. I'll be able to see Richard first hand when I see him at the next Captain's meeting. I'll update from there.

Aaron was still sitting patiently. He looked as if he would need more information than what Christina had just given, so she continued in kind.

"Before DICE was anything official, we were a loose group different demon hunters that kept close contact with each other. Many of them had stories about a ghost that would show up at the scenes of supernatural events and combat the threats"

"I met him myself for the first time when my home town was met with a string of murders by a shapeshifter. When Isaac came through he looked through the case, deduced the perpetrator, and had the problem solved in a day. I met with him again numerous times throughout my stint as a demon slayer"

"The problem with him, however, is that Isaac doesn't know how to keep his investigations quiet and out of human eyes. He lack subtlety, which means we usually end up cleaning up his messes and erasing accounts of his work. We've trained to work this out by inviting him to join DICE a few years after it's formation, but he refused. He never gave us a reason as to why, just that DICE was trouble waiting to happen. Anyway, I has this answered your question Aaron?"

"I believe first off we should get our bearings. From the looks of things, we are quite a way from the Spire of the Seven that rises from the centre of this maze-filled pit. If we go there, we may be able to rise upwards using the contraption built inside the core of the Spire. We may even come across one of the Seven Princes, which would be interesting. Now if you want to go back now, go head. Seeing as this has happened, I think I'll be fine by myself."

Isaac merely shrugged and rubbed the back of his head.

"This is your thing. It's probably best if I hurry up and find the girl I'm responsible for. Behinds, hell doesn't look all that fun when you get right down to it"

Isaac raised his hand to make a portal, then shook his head.

"No. Not that again", He thought for a moment and decided to make the portal come out somewhere else. He opened it up and walked right through, waving before the portal closed behind him.

"Well I didn't manage to catch his name, but guy who gave me this badge seemed pretty shady - in the literal sense. He was wearing sun glasses and a hoodie. What do people call it now a days, gangsta style? Who wears sunglasses indoors any way? You can't see a damn thing" He said, purposely going of on a tangent. "But I digress"

He noticed the masked man was looking him over so he decided to do the same.

"He didn't tell me that I had to "check in" and I don't see how I could, you being away on a mission and everything, so I thought I'd pick some stuff up" He motioned to the briefcase that was beside him "No harm no foul, right?"

"He didn't tell me that I had to "check in" and I don't see how I could, you being away on a mission and everything, so I thought I'd pick some stuff up" He motioned to the briefcase that was beside him "No harm no foul, right?"

"Guy...with a hoodie and sunglasses..." The man in the mask slapped his hand on his forehead. "Who the hell told her...him...it it could transfer people over like that? Jesus Christ all mighty I will set that bitch on fire"

The man rubbed his temples as he walked forward a bit and stopped.

"Yeah. You're fine. No harm done. Just...what are you about to start working on now?"

Eliezer listened to the masked man moan about the guy who had given him the ID card, at the end of it he wasn't sure if it even was a guy. At least he had got away with what he was doing.

"Yeah. You're fine. No harm done. Just...what are you about to start working on now?"

"Nothing really, I'd just thought I get to know my new co workers" He said smiling, "But I guess a name is always good, since I haven't manage to get yours either. Seems like a thing going around here"

"So, DICE official doesn't know about what I've said about leaving? I should keep that in mind. It doesn't seem like they have connected me to D0, that's good. They also don't know I killed Zorrama, Voltaire must have managed to hide it. Still, I do wonder who the person who wrote this is, I might discover that at the next Captain's meeting... whenever that is." He decided to read through a few more documents, which were the main projects around D6 at the moment. If he was going to pretend being the Head, he had to be able to do it decently. After that, he thought he might send Allison an email, which was basically him trying to mend their relationship a little.

Without much fanfare, Isaac left, citing boredom as the reason. Well, Eligor wondered what such a person had experienced to cause them to mark off an ever-changing place of torment and tyranny as 'boring'. But that was his choice and Eligor always respected choice. After all, he had fallen and risen to be a Great Duke of Hell by choice and his liege lord had made one of the greatest choices of all, an act deserving of great respect and Eligor's sword in service. He chuckled with that thought. Now he was a sword, he wondered what the arrogant bastard would say about that.

He waved back at Isaac as he left as he walked towards the centre of the pit, letting ancient memories guide the way. The wall were made not of glass, but some mix of organic matter and brimstone. Touch it and you could felt the very heart of Hell beat. He chuckled again, how could he get lost when all the half-cable, half-artery structures that ran along the wall always led the Spire? Sure, they sunk into the wall as soon as they sensed a mortal's touch, but they could sense the demonic aura that emanated from the sword. Soon the Spire rose over the horizon.

And Eligor could not help but smile as he walked inside.

We've tried to work this out by inviting him to join DICE a few years after it's formation, but he refused. He never gave us a reason as to why, just that DICE was trouble waiting to happen. Anyway, I has this answered your question, Aaron?"

When Christina said "trouble waiting to happen", it was all Aaron could do to restrict a smirk form enveloping his face. When she asked if he was satisfied or not, Aaron recomposed himself and gave his response.

"Yes and no, actually. While you have certainly illuminated many things I wished to now, there are still several crucial gaps in my understanding. While this time has been invaluable and I thank you sincerely for gracing me with it, I'm afraid I'll have to talk to Isaac myself to get these answers."

Aaron bowed in his seat, and then rose and headed to the door, picking up his hat on the way. Right before he closed the door, however, he stuck his head back in Christina's office and asked: "Say, did Isaac have any dealings with anybody with the Pertition surname? Other than me, I mean."

"My pleasure. Oh, I've done something to your crystal ball, I have imparted a small amount of my essence into it. Use that to contact me, if I'm available that it. Also, I'll try and look around the spirit realm for some more information and perhaps other people that remember you. Guess I should get going now."

Garath waited until the spirit had faded, then began to clean up the circle of chalk. He handed the crystal ball back to Vayle, shivering a little from the aftereffects of the spell, reaching out to the dead always made him feel cold.

"I hope that helped," he said to Vayle and Isabelle, "I can look into some other things if you want, see if I can find another spell that might help, or we could try this one again later, see if a different spirit can be called."

He put out the incense burner and picked it up, he needed to return it now that he was done with it, and he didn't trust an imp to not drop it.

"But I guess a name is always good, since I haven't manage to get yours either. Seems like a thing going around here"

"Uh huh" He turned back around to face Elizer. "They call me Zhang The Man Eater. I'm the Head of Division Five. The one that put you here for whatever reason was Lieutenant Rebecca. Nice to meet you I guess"
____________________________________________________________________________________

"Say, did Isaac have any dealings with anybody with the Pertition surname? Other than me, I mean."

"Umm..." Christina nodded her head down with a strained look on her face, trying to piece together where she had heard the name before.

"No. No, I don't remember him mentioning that name. Though someone from your family could have talked to him at some point for all I know"
___________________________________________________________________________________

Priority Projects under Division Six

-Finding a cure for the demon parasites aquired in the Russian mission
-Finish completion of "The Mjolnir" weapon project
-Analyse the origins of the hacking equipment used by Josh Sanders in the base attacks
-Clone Muhammad Ali
-Research into a possible global demon defense grid

Leigh soon faded back into nothingness, than Garath began to clear up the circle of chalk. He handed the crystal ball back to Vayle, his hands were shivering a bit.

"I hope that helped." Garth said to Vayle and Isabelle. "I can look into some other things if you want, see if I can find another spell that might help, or we could try this one again later, see if a different spirit can be called." Vayle meanwhile stared deeply into the crystal ball, finding something about the blue glow to be beautiful.

"That would be helpful, but perhaps for another time, I think Vayle just needs to think over what she has discovered about herself today. Also, thank you Garath for helping us out with this little soul search. Say, do you want something want to drink, your hands look like they are shivering."

"That would be helpful, but perhaps for another time, I think Vayle just needs to think over what she has discovered about herself today. Also, thank you Garath for helping us out with this little soul search. Say, do you want something want to drink, your hands look like they are shivering."

Garath laughed a little at "soul search", then checked his hands, they were shaking a bit more than usual, "Sure, something to drink would be nice, you have anything in mind?" he said.

He noticed that Vayle seemed to be fascinated by the blue glow the spirit had left in her ball, he wondered briefly if it could be dangerous, but passed it off as worrying over nothing.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked