D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 . . . 39 NEXT

"Sure, something to drink would be nice, you have anything in mind?" Garath asked after laughing at the soul search remark, he then saw his hands were shivering a lot more now. It became a bit more of a concern now.

"I was going to suggest something like tea, coffee, or maybe even perhaps a hot chocolate. Any of those take your fancy? I'll go get them of course, seeing as though your hands might drop the cups, no offence." Isabelle said as she stood up from the table.

"I was going to suggest something like tea, coffee, or maybe even perhaps a hot chocolate. Any of those take your fancy? I'll go get them of course, seeing as though your hands might drop the cups, no offence."

"None taken," he said, then after a moments consideration "Hot chocolate would be great."

He set the incense burner down, sat down and tried to will his hands into steadying, the feeling of cold could take a while to pass, the longest he'd ever had it last for was over an hour, and he didn't want to drop the burner when returning it.

"I guess I'll wait here then," he said, reaching into his pocket for his deck of cards, giving his hands something to do might help steady them, "Oh and thank you," he finished with a smile.

Priority Projects under Division Six

-Finding a cure for the demon parasites aquired in the Russian mission
-Finish completion of "The Mjolnir" weapon project
-Analyse the origins of the hacking equipment used by Josh Sanders in the base attacks
-Clone Muhammad Ali
-Research into a possible global demon defense grid

Apart from one that had to be a weird code-name -who the hell was Muhammad Ali anyways?- they seemed somewhat dull. He remembered why he didn't use to care, and regretted he had to now. Of course, none of this mattered, he only had to know enough to determine the key points to each of them. He opened each of the projects folders.

"None taken." Garath said, then paused for thought as to what he wanted. "Hot chocolate would be great." He then set the incense burner down, and sat back in his chair trying to get some life back in his hands and stop shivering.

"Then that is what I shall get. Vayle, did you want anything?"

"Oh um, can I have a hot chocolate as well please?"

"And that makes three of us." Isabelle said with a smile.

"I guess I'll wait here then." Garath said, removing a deck of cards from his pocket, something for his hands to do in the hopes of gain some balance and control no doubt. "Oh and thank you." he finished with a smile.

"I shall not be too long." Isabelle said as she left the room.

"Uh huh" He turned back around to face Elizer. "They call me Zhang The Man Eater. I'm the Head of Division Five. The one that put you here for whatever reason was Lieutenant Rebecca. Nice to meet you I guess"

"Huh? I always thought it was a guy, doesn't come across as feminine at all" He said shrugging "Anyway, you've already said you've got something you'd better be doing, so why don't you go and do that and let me get along with what I'm doing, if you don't mind."

"I shall not be too long."

Garath nodded, and began to shuffle the deck of cards, he turned towards Vayle, "How much do you think you remember now Vayle?" he asked, "And how much do you think you'll have to remember before you can pass on?"

He wondered if she had some task she needed to fufill before passing on, and if so what it was. More than that he wondered if she would want to pass on once she was able, she seemed very attached to Isabelle.

"How much do you think you remember now Vayle? And how much do you think you'll have to remember before you can pass on?" Garath asked as he started shuffling the deck of cards in his hands. Vayle put the crystal ball back on the table so she could answer.

"I seem to remember a fair bit more now, thanks to you Garath. First time that I've found any large pieces of information about my life before. As to how much, I'm not entirely sure; though if I did get the opportunity to finally move on, I'm not sure if I would want to..." Vayle said as a tear came to her eye. It was one of the few times she actually thought about moving on.

"I seem to remember a fair bit more now, thanks to you Garath. First time that I've found any large pieces of information about my life before. As to how much, I'm not entirely sure; though if I did get the opportunity to finally move on, I'm not sure if I would want to..."

"We all have to move on eventually," he said somberly, thinking of how his mother had died, then deciding to change the subject to one less melancholy he asked "So how long have you known Isabelle for then, I think I remember you mentioning that she saved you from a ghoul."

He hated to see people sad, he supposed it was part of his reason for becoming an entertainer, the other part being his desire for attention, though that had faded somewhat over time. He began to wonder how long it would be until Isabelle returned with the drinks, and was then annoyed with himself for seeking an esape from this conversation.

"We all have to move on eventually." Garath said sombrely as the cards flipped between his hands.

"Maybe, but I don't wish to talk about it for now; too depressing, especially after learning much about herself." Vayle said bluntly as she wiped away the tears. She was slightly annoyed at him for bringing something like that, but she could understand why he said it.

"So how long have you known Isabelle for then, I think I remember you mentioning that she saved you from a ghoul."

"Hmmph, I think its been roughly two or three years at least. It was when I was travelling through a forest in England, near a church I believe; when I was ambushed by a rather large ghoul. Suffice to say it was a rather long battle, using my crystal ball as a weapon to direct my attacks. Despite my best efforts, I had collapsed from exhaustion, and as my soul as it were was about to be devoured, a sword came piercing through its stomach, and the ghoul disappeared into a cloud of ash. At the end of that blade, I saw Isabelle.

She told me that she had been hunting that ghoul for a couple of days, and saw the fighting which draw her to it. Initially though I was scared, especially of that sword, though after calming down and just talking for a while, I decided to come with her."

After Vayle was done talking, Isabelle came back into the room, carrying a tray with three hot chocolates.

"Here we are guys, three fresh hot chocolates." Isabelle said with a smile as she sat down and handed out the drinks to the others.

"Anyway, you've already said you've got something you'd better be doing, so why don't you go and do that and let me get along with what I'm doing, if you don't mind."

"Hmm? Yeah Yeah. I'll get going now. You just stay out of trouble"

Zhang walked out the the room and was in the doorway when he looked back and tossed a small metal box into Elizer's hands.

"You should hang onto that"

He then left the room completely and headed for the stairs.

The dramatically named head of division left without left without a fuss, not before passing him a small metal box and telling him to keep hold of it. He was curious what could be inside it and why he had been trusted with, after all, even Zhang thought it was strange that he was suddenly transferred to Division 5.

He placed the box on top of the filing cabinet and carried on putting the files back in order. Except for a few scientists with slight mutations, demonic heritage, or were able to use magic, the division 6 staff were just a bunch of boring pencil pushers. Perhaps he was wrong expect more, boring in life and boring on paper.

Zyskowski: the last one. Now no one would no about his error.

Now for the matter of the box. It was small and fitted snugly in his hand, surprisingly for it's size it weighed at least a few pounds. He wondered what was inside it. The metal itself wouldn't way that much, but it could also be a trap, or not.

He let curiosity get the better of him and cautiously opened it.

File on the Demon Parasites

During a DICE mission to Russia, agents came into contact with a fellow D6 operative that attacked them. Further inspection showed that there was some type of demonic creature hiding within his body. The team is ready to begin the testing, but we require clearance from the division head before proceeding.

We hope that by studying the parasite's effects on humans, we can figure out some type of way to defend against it.

The Mjolnir

This project was put off hold by the higher ups for a number of years. Thankfully, after much discussion, the team was able to continue with it.

The Mjolnir is very simple in it's purpose, but complex in it's design. It is constructed to be a large, mass weapon of destruction made with the combined skill of rune makers and anti-demon tech scientists. It is our hope that when it has finally been contructed, we will be able to open a pathway to hell and use it to kill every demon in existance.

The project is currently 37% completed.

Josh's hacking device

The cpu and viruses used by the child that hacked the Dice labs are state of the art. The design is by far the most brillient feat of programming anyone here has seen. Interrogations with the Josh has proved fruitless, as he received his equipment from Zorrama.

However, we hope to crack the security codes within the device and track it back to it's origins. Purhaps later we can reverse engineer it for our own uses.

Operation Butterfly

As everyone is well aware, Mister Clay has approached DICE at various times to ask for help in curing his condition. Many of these attempts have proven unsuccessful. Although, we have kept his various DNA samples on file to this day.

Recently, an agent by the name of Mr. Science Man, came to the head of Division 6 with the idea that the samples should be used to clone Mr. Clay, and combine his genetics with a phoenix. The project was taken into consideration, and has sense been accepted as a viable demon hunting tool.

The Demon defense grid

The most common source of demon attacks are breaks in the fabric between earth, and the demon realm. It has been theorized that is we were to somehow make a grid that fully shielded the earth from these breaks, the demon attacks would cease.

Such a project sounded for too ambitious for those in the higher ranks. Therefore, we're narrowed down the research to only anything from people alone, to possibly an entire city.

The moment the box opened, a substance that looked to be part liquid and part living thing, jumped out of it. It moved at lightning speed, grabbing unto Elizer's face and covering his eyes and mouth

Long before he could run out of air though, the creature exploded into some form of gas and crept into Elizer's lungs. He could breath just fine, but the sensation felt strange.

In side the empty box was a tiny, had written note. On it was the following message.

Dear DICE operative,

If you are reading this, then you have just opened a box given to you by a senior member. The important thing to remember, is that you do not panic, do not focus on what comes next, and just go about your day as normal.

signed, the leader of DICE.

P.S.

Dont forget to bring a towel.

The noise from inside the file room caused a few of the agents who were passing by to come in and see what was wrong. One of the older ones called into the room after Elizer.

"Ay man. Are you alright?"

"Here we are guys, three fresh hot chocolates."

"Thank you," Garath said, smiling back at her, he blew on it to cool it off, then took a drink, his shivers quickly subsided.

"So Isabelle, how long have you and Vayle been with DICE?" he asked, he wanted to know more about several things, how long she and Vayle had worked together, how much Vayle could remember from before she met Isabelle, in part so that he could help Vayle recover her memories, but also so that he could understand how and why she was so close to Isabelle.

He realized that he should probably try to talk to Isabelle on her own, away from Vayle, as Vayle had seemed a bit defensive about certain subjects.

Richard read through the files, none of them were too hard to understand, nor too interesting. However, he did manage to form an opinion on the different projects, which would help him if he were to take a decision, or had to discuss one of them with someone. "So... boring," he sighted, and opened up the email program. He picked up one of the notes in his pockets and wrote the address on it. Then, with no subject, he wrote three mere sentences and his name;

"I'm sorry for just showing up today. How are you doing? At the moment, I'm not doing that fine, but don't worry.

Richard"

He didn't hesitate, he just sent it. Having already shown up at her door, there weren't a lot more things he could do to shock her even more. Besides, with the situation around him, he felt like gaining some kind of connection as soon as possible was desirable. Richard didn't know why or how, but it was that whole emotion-thing he wasn't too used to dealing with. He asked Daniel if there were anything else to do.

"Is there more for me to do here, or can I head out for a while?"

As soon as he opened the box something jumped onto his face covering his eyes and mouth, he tried to tear it off but it was stuck on like glue. Before the sentient goo would've asphyxiated him it turned into a gas and went down his throat. He was gasping for air after almost being strangled, forcing him to swallow it as he gulped for breath, helping it into his oxygen starved lungs.

Once it was over he felt strange, he could breath just fine and so far he could feel no other changes, but there was just some sort of unsettling sensation that he couldn't place.

He looked inside the box to see if there was any trace of that thing, inside was a small piece of people, unfolding it revealed a delicately written note.

Something about everything being alright, that he shouldn't panic and he needed a towel. Why would he need a towel?

"Ay man. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I think I am" He said dazed, "I think I need a towel, could you get me one?"

"Yeah, I think I am" He said dazed, "I think I need a towel, could you get me one?"

One of the agents runs down to the bathrooms on the floor as most of the curious onlookers started to split off. He came back after a couple of minutes with a clean, light blue towel and handed it to Elizer.

"Here you go. What's it for?"

Daniel punched the intercom and responded almost imidiately.

"Nothing left for you right now Boss. Feel free to head out as you wish"

"Here you go. What's it for?"

Still feeling odd he took the towel the agent offered him and said:

"According to this note, what comes next."

"Nothing left for you right now Boss. Feel free to head out as you wish"

"Yeah, okay." Boss? It was an odd thing to be called. Boss. "I'll be going then." Richard figured he should go down to division 2 and see if Isabelle was busy or not. He wanted to get whatever she had to say over with, because it made him worry unnecessarily. He went down to Division 2, being greeted with respect by a few people he passed. Some of them even seemed sincere. He then asked a woman where Isabelle was, who responded that Isabelle had carried three cups of hot chocolate into the common room. Who was she with? She had been talking about a seance with Garath, so was that it? In any case, they seemed done, as Isabelle had gotten hot chocolate. Besides, she was the one who had seemed so serious.

Richard finally found the common room and he opened the door, seeing that it indeed was Isabelle, Garath and that spirit. "Am I bothering you?" he asked, but went in anyways. "You did say it was important, Isabelle, and you sounded pretty serious, but I can come back if you are having some..." the atmosphere reminded him of when Allison had brought boys home. "Private time."

"According to this note, what comes next."

The agent read over the note, and then looked over at the box that was still sitting on the file cabinet. He looked slightly dismayed at the sigh of it.

"Huh. I've seen those things before, but they always tell us not to look inside"

He moved his hand closer to the empty box, but decided against it at the last moment.

"Uh. I think you'll be alright. They wouldn't leave the note in there if it was something really bad. I would thing..." The guy sounded really unsure. "Anyway...yeah. You're the new guy right? Transfered over from Division 6? I think we're suppose to take you to see someone"

"Uh. I think you'll be alright. They wouldn't leave the note in there if it was something really bad. I would thing..." The guy sounded really unsure. "Anyway...yeah. You're the new guy right? Transferred over from Division 6? I think we're suppose to take you to see someone"

The agent wasn't exactly brimming with confidence and after the odd turn of events it did nothing to set him at ease either. He steadied himself against the filing cabinets and wondered who he had to see this time.

"Sure lead the way" He replied.

He made sure he didn't forget the towel he was given and kept the box and the note as well just in case.

"Sure lead the way"

The agent lead Elizer out of the file room and up the stairs. They went a few flights up until they got to the parking garage above Division 1. The Lieutenant was waiting for the two of them in a white convertible, while eating a bag of popcorn. He turned his head when he heard them get closer and nodded.

"Elizer. There you are. I've been waiting for like, two whole minutes"

He put the popcorn in the back seat and took the keys out of his pocket.

"Are you ready to go?"

He was lead from the file room, up a few flights of stairs until he and the other agent arrived in the parking garage. The same Lieutenant who had given him the ID card was waiting in front of a white convertible while casually eating from a bag of popcorn. When they got closer she nodded to them, motioning them over to the car.

"Are you ready to go?" She said

"Sure, it would be nice to know where I'm going for once though - Rebecca." He said smirking.

"Sure, it would be nice to know where I'm going for once though Rebecca."

"We're headed to...what?"

A sudden look of embarrassment formed on her face as she looked at Elizer questioningly. The agent that had brought the two together looked equally confused.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?," She barked in a commanding tone. The agent only saluted and hurried off back out of the garage. "We're going to the Netherlands," Rebecca said, still in a huff. "It shouldn't take long"

At the mention of her name the Lieutenant suddenly looked embarrassed and quickly ordered the other agent away in a huff. So the Lieutenant doesn't like people using her name? Or is it that she doesn't like people knowing her gender? Eliezer wondered. She goes to such lengths to hide who she is it must be one of the two. Interesting.

"We're going to the Netherlands," Rebecca said, still in a huff. "It shouldn't take long"

"Okay then" He smiled cheerfully knowing he had gotten under her skin and waited for her to unlock the car.

Rebecca hit the pressed the button on the keypad that made the car unlock electronically. She climbed into the drivers seat and put the keys into the ignition to start it up, and threw it into reverse once Elizer was in.

The woman radioed in a command to the portal room, which created a larger portal for the car to drive through in the garage. They emerged from the other side in a dilapidated underground parking complex that looked as if it hadn't been used for years.

The drive to their location seemed to lighten up Rebecca's foul mood a bit, as her sour forwards glare on the road lightened as they got closer to the city.

"I'm guessing this is your first time in this country?," She asked casually. She tried to get a bit of small talk going as she looked for the spot they needed to be at, probably as to not get bored.

"So Isabelle, how long have you and Vayle been with DICE?" Garath asked as the three of them began to drink their hot chocolate. After taking a couple of sips, Isabelle put hers on the table.

"Well for Vayle it has been roughly two to three years. Myself on the other hand, I've known about the organization ever since I was a young teenager; in fact myself and my father even acted as consultants for the organization since some of the information which they possessed was lacking in places. I was even made an honorary member of Division Two during the duration.

Though in terms of years as an active agent, its been around five years; I joined after the death of my father, it was after a few days of mourning that I realised that the Hearte family couldn't remain wholly independant forever, we needed to be apart of something in order for the knowledge we possessed to remain. However, recently I've been making plans."

After she spoke, Richard had finally arrived.

"Am I bothering you?" Richard asked, but went in anyways. "You did say it was important, Isabelle, and you sounded pretty serious, but I can come back if you are having some... private time." Isabelle rose from her seat, hot chocolate in hand, and casually drank it as she spoke.

"Ah Richard, I see that you finally managed to find your way down to Division Two. We wasn't having some private time, just relaxing whilst having a hot chocolate, and having a discussion." Isabelle remarked in a polite and relaxed tone."

"Bet yes, you were right, it was important business indeed." She added, now in a more serious tone. "Do follow me, we was going to talk in my quarters. I shall see you two later." Isabelle then left the room, leaving Garath and Vayle. Both she and Richard soon arrived in her quarters, noticing that it had been cleaned recently. Isabelle put her mug down on her desk, then faced Richard.

"I noticed the badge that you have in your possession."

"I noticed the badge that you have in your possession."

Richard shrugged, pretending that what she had said was just something casual. However, something about the mood, told him she wasn't talking about it as the proof of his position as Head Division 6. Still, he smiled. "Yeah, they give them to the Division Heads. I'm... one of those now, you know. It's still hard to believe, isn't it? I hardly do myself." What did she know? And... why had she chosen to speak to him?

"Yeah, they give them to the Division Heads. I'm... one of those now, you know. It's still hard to believe isn't it? I hardly do myself." Richard said in a rather casual manner, adding at smile at the end. Isabelle sighed, realising that he had missed the point.

"Yeah, it is quite a surprise, and again I congratulate you for it. Tell me, you haven't talked to a man by the name of Voltaire recently have you?" Isabelle asked, hoping a name would drive the point further.

"Yeah, it is quite a surprise, and again I congratulate you for it. Tell me, you haven't talked to a man by the name of Voltaire recently have you?"

Richard tilted his head. It was becoming harder to act as if she hadn't said anything, and it was clear she knew some of it. "Voltaire... yes, I did." Isabelle might have realized something, but without knowing how much, Richard didn't feel like telling her the rest. If she had found out that he was a spy... what was he going to do with her? She seemed like type of person to do stuff according to moral, and in this situation she would most likely tell the lead about it. He decided to tell her what she already could find out from his file. "He wanted to recommend me for the position, never told me why." Half-lies. Richard had found it easier to hide something if he twisted his words a bit, told the truth, without telling people which truth. Voltaire never had told him why this was happening. "Why do you ask?" "And please stop."

"Voltaire... yes, I did." Richard said, he looked nervous, which meant something had happened.

"He wanted to recommend me for the position, never told me why. Why do you ask?"

"No reason, it just seems sudden is all, like something is about to happen, or has already happened, never can tell with a mystery. Then again, being mysterious was the game that Voltaire liked to play. It also reminded me of the time that my father and I was offered one of those badges; back when we were consultants for D.I.C.E."

"No reason, it just seems sudden is all, like something is about to happen, or has already happened, never can tell with a mystery. Then again, being mysterious was the game that Voltaire liked to play. It also reminded me of the time that my father and I was offered one of those badges; back when we were consultants for D.I.C.E."

"He did?" Richard asked. "I mean... isn't it weird for someone to be offered a Head of Division badge when acting as consultants?" She was referring to it as a sign of D0, he realized. That was what she knew, and why she had approached him. "Perhaps she hasn't put the clues together yet? Perhaps she doesn't know about.. me." In order to shift the focus over at what she had said, he continued; "So, why were you and your father offered the badge?"

"Do follow me, we was going to talk in my quarters. I shall see you two later."

Garath waited until Isabelle had left the room and then turned towards Vayle, "What was that about?" he said, his mind jumped to the obvious conclusion, and felt a momentary pang of jealousy, but for some reason that didn't seem likely, not given how Richard usually acted at any rate.

He considered following her, though that would be rude and honestly a bit creepy. Then again he could just go wait for her to finish her business with Richard, so that he could ask her a few questions away from Vayle.

"What was that about?" Garath asked in confusion as Isabelle and Richard left the room.

"I don't actually know Garath, though it sounded like their conversation is rather important."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He did?" Richard asked. "I mean... isn't it weird for someone to be offered a Head of Division badge when acting as consultants?" He then seemed to stop for a moment before continuing. "So, why were you and your father offered the badge?"

"In case you had forgotten, my family has been around for a few centuries; during that time we have amassed a large amount of knowledge regarding demon lore, and even their biology in a way. Some of the stuff in the library of my family home would interest you Richard, perhaps if we ever went there, I could show you.

Its this knowledge that they wanted, they even tempted us with membership into Division Zero. But we declined, fearing that they may use it for some other purpose. Call it paranoia if you will, but we simply didn't trust them; something about them didn't seem quite right. Then again, with a Division that masks itself in shadow, there is not a lot that is certain." Isabelle then stopped, thinking over her next words with caution.

"Its not that I don't trust you Richard, I do to a degree, its just that something about that badge doesn't feel right."

"In case you had forgotten, my family has been around for a few centuries; during that time we have amassed a large amount of knowledge regarding demon lore, and even their biology in a way. Some of the stuff in the library of my family home would interest you Richard, perhaps if we ever went there, I could show you.

Its this knowledge that they wanted, they even tempted us with membership into Division Zero. But we declined, fearing that they may use it for some other purpose. Call it paranoia if you will, but we simply didn't trust them; something about them didn't seem quite right. Then again, with a Division that masks itself in shadow, there is not a lot that is certain."

Isabelle then stopped. Richard knew she knew about his involvement with D0, and from the sound of it, she had some experience with the division. Hopefully, she wouldn't know that they used spies. As interesting as the library sounded, he doubted he would be able to leave DICE soon. He nodded, but didn't comment on it. Isabelle then continued.

"Its not that I don't trust you Richard, I do to a degree, its just that something about that badge doesn't feel right."

Richard looked at her. She seemed sincere, and told him outright that she doubted him. Of course she did. And she wouldn't stop doubting him, no matter what he said. What was he to do? How could he handle this situation?

Of course. It was clear. If she knew too much, he needed to make her silent. Richard smirked, but he felt like looking away from her eyes. He felt sick. Sick, tired, cold. Terribly cold and empty. Why wouldn't people just... leave him be? Was he really that easily bullied into submission? Was he someone people felt needed to be kept an eye on all the time? "How much?" he asked, his voice not as soft as usual. "How much do you know, Isabelle?" A hint of desperation could be heard in his words, if one listened carefully.

"I don't actually know Garath, though it sounded like their conversation is rather important."

"Hmmm," Garath thought for a moment before deciding to go after Isabelle, he was curious, and if it was important he might be able to help, then again if he said that to Vayle she'd probably want to go with him, and he wanted to talk to Isabelle without Vayle, "I've got to return this, you should probably wait here for Isabelle," he said, picking up the incense burner and walking out the door.

He headed down towards Isabelle's room, once he reached the door he hesitated, should I wait for her to finish talking with Richard, no that would be a bit pathetic to be waiting out here this whole time, plus it might startle her. he leaned forward and knocked on the door, then stepped back and waited for a response.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked