D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 39 NEXT

He followed Rebecca into the car once she unlocked it, sliding into the front passenger seat and waited for the lieutenant to start driving. She radioed into what he assumed to the portal room as afterwards a swirling blue portal not to dissimilar to the one he used to get to and return to London popped up afterwards.and drove right through it. Not even a chance for him to get an inkling to where the HQ was located, it was like the building ran autonomously in it's own private time zone.

They arrived in a dilapidated parking garage, he wondered if the one at HQ would look like this after years of abandonment, but they soon zoomed out of the garage interrupting his train of thought.

Rebecca was still in a foul mood, glaring out the window like the road she was driving on was her prey, but out of the blue she asked if he had been to the Netherlands before, he had at some point while travelling through Europe during the dark ages, it wasn't all that interesting, just flatlands that stretched out for miles and rivers.

"Yeah, a long time ago" He said wistfully, "Why'd you get so angry when I said you're name?"

"Yeah, a long time ago" He said wistfully, "Why'd you get so angry when I said you're name?"

She still looked intent on watching the road and the buildings, appearing to not think too much of the question.

"Not that hard to guess" She pointed at her face with one hand. "I make myself look like this for a reason. I don't want anyone knowing I'm a woman. It leads to too many additional questions I don't feel like answering"

Rebecca turned down a busy with with much heavier traffic. She peered over the few cars in from of them before settling back into her seat.

"Might take a minute..."

Kain was glad the practice dummy was capable of taking abuse from a full on demon, he didn't want to pay for repairs. He decided to hit the showers, but decided to leave the beard that had stopped growing, for now, alone. He wasn't a fan per-se, but he was feeling lazy.

He forgot to say thanks to Vayle before, and wanted to try his hand at tracking an ethereal being, so he decided to try and find her. Except she had no scent, and he couldn't hear her....
'Screw it, I'll just ask Garath if he knows where she went.' It didn't take too long to single out his scent, a minute, three at the most. He began the walk to D2 common rooms.

The car came a halt once they had turned the corner. There was a lot more traffic on this road then the last one. Realising that they would probably be stuck here for a while Eliezer relaxed into the soft car seat and rested his legs on the dashboard. He wondered what she had meant by 'additional questions', there were plenty of women working at DICE and none of them concealed their gender. If he was going to be stuck in a car with her he my as well ask.

"Oh? And what additional questions would they be?"

"Oh? And what additional questions would they be?"

"complicated ones," She said bluntly.

The target was right up the road, and this pile up wasn't going to let up soon. It might be better to just walk from here. Rebecca pulled over to the side in a parking space and took out a small pair of binoculars.

After scoping the place out for a moment, she put them away and turned to Elizer.

"There's two items under your seat. Pull them out and get ready"

Under the passanger seat sat laid a hokey mask and a loaded glock 19.

"How much do you know, Isabelle?" Richard asked, his voice sounding desperate.

"How much do I know about what Richard?" Isabelle asked, confused by the question. Was there something she was apparently supposed to know? She then sat down in her chair, and grasped the still warm hot chocolate, continuing to drink it as she spoke. There was soon a knock at the door.

"Look Richard, I'm sorry if this conversation has sounded like an interrogation for you. When I saw that badge, I was concerned that you had gotten yourself into some trouble. I just didn't want to see you get hurt, after all, I see you as friend." She then turned her attention to the knock at the door.

"You can enter when ready."

The entrance to the Spire was as foreboding as it had ever been. But at least they had removed the bloody sign. Smoke emanated from the bottom of the tower's foundations and so did moans from the poor souls condemned to remain part of the Spire for eternity. Eligor stared at the faces stuck in grimaces. A mix of human souls and demonic flesh, not unlike the 'Kouza' he had encountered in Russia. However, in some cases, the demon was in control. Eligor was looking upon one of the fates he would have to endure if his liege lord was willing to inflict such a punishment that was reserved for disobedient minor demons. Demons that just crawled from the pit, demons of low stock who dared to even give themselves the same name as those such as Eligor and even Beelzebub, Lucifer and Mammon. Such imprudence had been rightfully punished.

But what about him? Would the sword be melted down into the walls of the tower? Eligor ignored those thoughts and wandered deeper into the Spire. And there was the contraption in the same place as always. It was a pitiable thing, a pit-beast forced into slavery for the rest of its days, a skeletal thing that was unlucky enough to be birth right on the foundations of Hell on its creation. A vile beast of the Abyss, yes, but something that could be exploited and was exploited. Eligor could see the harness that bit into back, which was attached by a belt to gears and pulleys. This in turn pulled a platform all the way to the top, if so desired. Eligor pulled the string and the boy moved once more onto the cold metal. The pit-beast knew the drill and began to claw its way upwards, dripping saliva and blood as it went. The ascend was slow, but both Eligor and the pit-beast had eternity.

Rebecca pulled over to the side of the road and parked the car. Then she pulled out a pair of binoculars and started searching for something further up the road.

"There's two items under your seat. Pull them out and get ready" She said putting the binoculars away and turning to face him.

He rummaged under seat, his search turned up a gun and a hockey mask.

What?

"What are these supposed to be for?"

"How much do I know about what Richard?"

Was she feigning ignorance? Or did she really not know? "No, she has to know something, else she wouldn't have said it was important, but how much? Did I give too much away from what I've said?" He couldn't think straight, his mind was a jumbled mess of every small trace of suspicion and doubt he had. There was knocking on the door. Before answering the person who knocked, Isabelle said;

"Look Richard, I'm sorry if this conversation has sounded like an interrogation for you. When I saw that badge, I was concerned that you had gotten yourself into some trouble. I just didn't want to see you get hurt, after all, I see you as friend."

A friend? Richard closed his eyes. "A friend." He didn't know what to say, his knowledge of friendship was merely from what he had seen, his relationships with people were few and far between. Did she want him to trust her? Was he supposed to do that? "I---" Richard shook his head, he didn't know what to say. He couldn't trust her, or... could he? If he did, wouldn't it be far too easy for her to ruin him? Isabelle meant well it seemed, but if she knew, or figured out what his role was, she would turn on him. Right?
Or was it just he who did that? Turned on people the second supporting them was no longer in his interest?

Wasn't that how it was supposed to be? Yes... that was how it had always been, he did what he wanted.

"You're way too tense about this, Richard, relax. Trust me." his sister's voice echoed through his head, making everything even more complicated. Confusing. Conflicting.

Isabelle's addressed the person knocking on the door, forcing Richard back from the largely unexplored depths of his mind. Richard tensed, but he kept smiling, a strained, unsure smile.

"What are these supposed to be for?"

"To do our jobs of course"

Rebecca pulled her own gun out of the glove box and cocked it. Placing that on her holster, she wrapped a blue bandanna around the bottom half of her face. She covered up the weapon with her jacket and opened her car door.

"Just put the mask on and follow me. Draw your weapon the second I do, and no sooner"

Rebecca jumped out the car and waited for Elizer to get situated.

Garath pushed open the door, he wasn't sure what Isabelle and Rihard had been talking about but whatever it was it looked as though Richard didn't want to be talking about it.

"Everything okay in here?" he asked hesitantly, "I was just heading back to return this and I thought I'd drop by," he raised the burner as he said this.

He glanced over at Richard, then back to Isabelle, not quite alone but close enough I guess, can't remember having this much trouble in the past.

He hesitated for a moment, "Actually I was wondering if I could treat you to dinner later, anywhere you want," he said, smiling and regaining some of his confidence.

"I was just heading back to return this and I thought I'd drop by,"

Garath said, holding some kind of burner or whatever. Richard took the chance to sit down in chair for a short moment, trying to regain what he had left of calmness. He couldn't leave, not yet, not until he was sure. Could he be sure? Wouldn't just leaving and contacting Voltaire -when he managed to find out how- better? Or... could he persuade Isabelle to be quiet about what she knew? Yes, he didn't want to... or did he? No. He wasn't going to cross that border, there were always other ways. His head ached, he hadn't noticed it before now, before the focus of attention had changed from him. All he wanted to do, was to be somewhere else, without anything to think about.

"Actually I was wondering if I could treat you to dinner later, anywhere you want,"

Garath told Isabelle, smiling. It was obviously not as a friend, Richard could see that. It didn't surprise him, he knew he had been correct before. Richard picked up the demonic tooth from his pocket, examining it, just in order to give them as much privacy as he could. he would have left, but he couldn't, it was still too risky.

He put on the hockey mask on and because he jacket was lacking pockets on the inside, to hide his gun he tucked it into the back of his trousers and got out of the car ready for whatever was going to happen.

"After you"

He waited for Rebecca to take the lead, ready to follow her to their destination.

Richard hadn't spoken since Garath came into the room, clutching the incense burner in one hand.

"Everything okay in here?" Garath asked hesitantly, "I was just heading back to return this and I thought I'd drop by." he raised the burner as he said this. Isabelle turned round to face the two gentlemen, feeling more relaxed now.

"Yes, everything is fine for the moment. Richard and I was just talking about his new job as all, sounds very exciting without a doubt. I think he'll do well in it." Isabelle remarked, trying to help boost Richard's mood.

"Actually I was wondering if I could treat you to dinner later, anywhere you want." This caused Isabelle to blush a little; as she had never had been taken out to dinner before, there were a couple of places she had in mind already."

"Thats very sweet of you Garath, and I heartily accept your offer; besides I need to get out of the base for a while, so dinner sounds lovely." Isabelle said with a smile, she then noticed the demon tooth that Richard was holding; he looked distant.

"A rather nice tooth you've got there Richard, don't think I've seen one like that before."

"Thats very sweet of you Garath, and I heartily accept your offer; besides I need to get out of the base for a while, so dinner sounds lovely."

Garath couldn't stop himself from grinning, "Great, I'll meet you in the common room at, say Six?" he said, then turned towards the door, "Now if you'll excuse me I've got to return this, and see about procuring one of those portal devices."

He wasn't sure what she meant by Richard's new job, but he supposed he'd have plenty of time to ask her later. He dropped off the incense burner and went to go get one of those portal pager devices.

Isabelle had said something about him and his job, but Richard tried not to listen in. It didn't sound like she had said something bad, in any case. Isabelle then agreed to go to dinner with Garath, and he had given her a few details and left to return whatever it was that he had been holding. Richard didn't really care that much, it was none of his business, unless Isabelle couldn't be trusted. As Garath left, Isabelle spoke to Richard again, but it wasn't about the badge.

"A rather nice tooth you've got there Richard, don't think I've seen one like that before."

"Huh?" He looked up, surprised, and put it back in his pocket instantly, as to hide it from her. She had already seen it though, so he couldn't pretend it didn't exist. "I'd be surprised if you had." Richard then tilted his head. He had gotten some time to collect himself, so he felt a bit more sure. Still, for him to show her that tooth... it was bad. However, if he just stopped talking about it, that would be even more suspicious. "As for it being nice, I wouldn't say so."

Rebecca walked briskly up the street with her head down so the hood would cloak most of it. The two of them speed across the road to cross the street and made it to the front of a "coffee" shop. Rebecca held the door open for Elizer and walked to the center of the room, drawing her gun and making sure everyone could get a good view of it.

"Alright. Everyone pipe down, don't move, and you'll be getting out of here alive" She moved over to the front counter and started barking orders to the guy at the guy behind it. "You. Give me 40 ounces of the best stuff you got. And something to smoke them with. Loki," she said turning slightly to Elizer. "Make sure he doesn't try anything"

The worker nervously did as told while looking at Elizer's weapon, as Rebecca walked around the store to watch the witnesses. To anyone else, it would look like she was just making sure they didn't call the cops. But the way she moved her head around after looking at each person's face made it look like she was looking for someone.

Eliezer briskly followed Rebecca into the coffee shop. While Rebecca was busy terrifying the stoned customers, Eliezer leisurely pulled out a chair from under on of the tables and sat on it. Remembering that he was supposed to be looking threatening he pulled out his gun and languidly pointed it at the beleaguered clientèle. Even though he was trying he knew he didn't look very threatening, but that was Rebecca's job, he was just there as look out. He leaned back into the chair and waited for the lieutenant to do whatever she came here to do.

"Alright. Everyone pipe down, don't move, and you'll be getting out of here alive" She moved over to the front counter and started barking orders to the guy at the guy behind it. "You. Give me 40 ounces of the best stuff you got. And something to smoke them with. Loki," she said turning slightly to Elizer."Make sure he doesn't try anything"

So she was after weed? That didn't make sense, but after watching some of the experiments the scientists got up to he wouldn't be surprised. But as she walked around the store checking up on the customers it did look like she was looking for someone. There would've been more subtle to look for someone in a coffee shop, like sitting down and having some 'coffee', but Rebecca seemed to be of the mentality of whatever gets the job done.

"Sure, he isn't going anywhere, Sif" He chuckled under his mask at the remark and pointed his gun in the direction of the shopkeeper.

"I'd be surprised if you had." Richard then titled his head, he looked a little more calm now. "As for it being nice, I wouldn't say so."

"I take if then that its rare. Only reason why I'm asking is that you don't often see demon teeth in the condition that yours is in." Isabelle remarked, sounding curious about the tooth in question, wanting to learn more.

Rebecca walked to the back of the store, giving a hard glare at everyone she passed. She stopped at a young brunet woman, and turned her gun towards the scared victim.

"What's your name?"

"C...Chloe," She said through a shaky voice. The name was nice to have, but what was important was that Rebecca could see inside her mouth when she spoke. This was the one.

"Alright Chloe. You'll be coming along on a drive today"

Rebecca yanked the woman to her feet and lead her back towards the front. The shop owner finished filling the bag and held it for Elizer to grab.

"Loki. Mind grabbing that on your way out? I've got our guest"

She made her way out the door without waiting for a response and made her way to the car as fast as she could move while pushing the woman in front of her.

Kain noticed Garaths scent was in two places, he decided to follow the one that was closest. He made it to the D2 common room, and peeked his head inside. He found Vayle, but not Garath. But he was trying to find Vayle... He gave a mental note to pat himself on the back later for tracking a ghost successfully. Kain walked up, sitting down next to her.
"I don't remember if I thanked you properly for the clothes earlier. Thanks. Now do you have any more of that Hot Chocolate?" Kain smiled, brushing the hair off his eyebrows. For a second or two he was the spitting image of Leigh.

"I take if then that its rare. Only reason why I'm asking is that you don't often see demon teeth in the condition that yours is in."

"Demon tooth? I guess you could call it that..." Richard said. Doubt and interest was at conflict in his head. He wanted to know more about what Isabelle knew about the topic, as a scientist, but he didn't want to misspeak and give something away. However, he also wanted to talk about it, because it was interesting. "It's three years old, I've taken care of it. There used to be more, but--" he stopped. "No more, I can use this. I can't lose focus of what's important." "I'll tell you a bit more, if you tell me the reason for you calling me down here." Richard frowned for a short second, and his facial expression turned serious. "The real reason."

He watched as Rebecca picked a hostage, was this why they were here? To pick up an unassuming brunet? Then again, most demons who could shape shift picked unassuming forms, it was the easiest way to get by undetected. It was strange though, before grabbing her he thought he noticed Rebecca look into her throat. He could've imagined it, he attention was on the shopkeeper who was loading a bag with marijuana, still it was a bit outlandish.

She tugged the woman up from where she was sitting and ordered Eliezer to grab the bag. He walked up to the counter and grabbed the bag.

"Women these days, what can you do, eh?" Not exactly the most intimating choice of words, but they would have to do.

He stormed out of the coffee shop back to the car to find out what that had been about.

Rebecca forced Chloe into the back seat and handcuffed her to the door. She quickly hopped in and stuck the key in the ignition. When Elizer got in she threw the cat in reverse and sped of the main road as quickly as possible.

"Well. That probably couldn't have gone smoother. And you were pretty chill back there. I like your classiness"

Rebecca pulled out the portal device as she drove and texted a new location.

"This is Chloe by the way. Chloe. Say hi to the man"

The woman was shaking out of fear in the back seat. She pulled at the cuffs trying to get away.

"Chloe doesn't seem very talkative right now"

Eliezer slipped into the car, the woman that Rebecca had kidnapped had been handcuffed to the door. Rebecca quickly slammed the car into gear, after an armed robbery and kidnapping it provably wasn't the best idea to stick around. He noticed that she had taken out a device similar to the pager he had used to summon a portal. Going somewhere new? Already? With a new person? how quaint.

"Well. That probably couldn't have gone smoother. And you were pretty chill back there. I like your classiness"

"I tried my best, after all, this is a new job and I don't feel like loosing it just yet" He smirked.

"This is Chloe by the way. Chloe. Say hi to the man"

He turned to face the back seat and saw that their hostage was shaking from fear.

"Chloe doesn't seem very talkative right now"

"Well you're really going the wrong way if you want to meet new people, I doubt most first dates start with people being cuffed to the back seat" He jested. "But what would I know, maybe the kids are into that now a days"

He then went back to looking out the window, wondering where they were going to be next.

"Well you're really going the wrong way if you want to meet new people, I doubt most first dates start with people being cuffed to the back seat" He jested. "But what would I know, maybe the kids are into that now a days"

"People being the operative word here"

After typing in the new address, Rebecca put the pager away and reached back to grab Chloe's mouth. She pried it open to show Elizer the four large fangs she had on display.

"She's a beautiful isn't she. Honestly, I was under the impression they couldn't go out during the day. Either that's just a myth or she has some bitchin sun block.

Rebecca let go of the captive and drove on towards the portal's location.

After Rebecca had finished fiddling with the pager she reached back and grabbed Chloe. Prying her jaw open by brute force alone to reveal a deadly collection of fangs, each one where the incisor would be on a normal human.

"She's a beautiful isn't she. Honestly, I was under the impression they couldn't go out during the day. Either that's just a myth or she has some bitchin sun block

It had been while since he had bumped into a vampire, but then again even before his forced stay at DICE, most things had been a while ago. Was it Venice or Italy? Either way the myth about them not being able to walk in day light was just that, a myth. What better way to hide then in plain sight? Most supernatural beings had taken this idea to heart. Human's were too suspicious and too easy to fool when it came to things they didn't fully understand.

Rebecca then let Chloe go and drove towards where the portal would be. Was that it?

"So what? We came all this way to get some weed and put the fear into a vampire? You've got some strange hobbies."

"So what? We came all this way to get some weed and put the fear into a vampire? You've got some strange hobbies."

"What? That would be just...boring. Boring and too simplistic. I've got something far better in mind for this one. We're going to cause some epic chaos in the demon community. And it all starts about 40 miles from here"

The car finally made it back to the old garage and speed into the portal. When they exited from the other side, they found themselves in a rather low key, suburban neighborhood. Rebecca parked then as far away from any onlookers as possible.

"Second and final stop on the crazy train"

"I'll tell you a bit more, if you tell me the reason for you calling me down here." Richard said calmly, his face frowned for a short second, and his facial expression turned serious. "The real reason."

"Look Richard, all I know about that particular badge, is the connection it has to people in Division Zero; nothing more, nothing less." Isabelle said in a calm tone, hoping it would satisfy his query. She then looked at Richard directly, noticing that his disposition hadn't shifted at all, it even looked as though it had gotten a little worse, but she couldn't be sure. His looked rather wide, and showed signs of tiredness, possibly a side effect of all he had been through.

Although she didn't want to, Isabelle realised that it would most likely be the only thing that would have any effect. After sighing to herself, Isabelle went up to Richard, and with her right hand, pinched at the presure point that was at the base of the neck. This caused Richard to gasp for a brief moment, before his body went slightly limp and his body to fall back in his chair. Isabelle removed her coat and draped it over Richard, then went over to her desk pulled out a sheet of paper and pen, and began to write a letter.

A while later, Isabelle was done, she enclosed the letter with the wax seal of her family's emblem. She then inserted the letter into the open pocket on the front of her coat, and then kissed Richard on the cheek.

"I'm sorry, so sorry." Isabelle said, as she grabbed a more suitable coat for going out and then left her quarters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vayle was alone in the common room, one of the few occasions that she was by herself, enjoying the hot chocolate, finding its taste to be delightful. She soon however heard a noise, and saw that Kain was sitting next to her; after a smile and brushing his hair back, he looked familiar to someone that Vayle had known.

"I don't remember if I thanked you properly for the clothes earlier. Thanks. Now do you have any more of that Hot Chocolate?"

"Sadly no Kain, this is the only one I have; but you can get one from down down the corridor. And thank you for enjoying the clothes." Vayle said with a brief smile. She soon began to notice the similarities between Kain and Leigh more.

"Say Kain, was there anyone in your family that went by the name of Leigh?"

"Sadly no Kain, this is the only one I have; but you can get one from down down the corridor. And thank you for enjoying the clothes."
Kain smiled, but he sure as hell wasn't going down the corridor for a cup of hot chocolate.
"Say Kain, was there anyone in your family that went by the name of Leigh?"
Kain took a moment to think.
"My grandfather used to tell stories about his grandfather, a man who hunted demons named Leigh, with a group of extraordinary menand women. But I always thought they were just that, stories. Haven't thought about it too much but now that I'm in the same boat, I suppose there's a chance he's real. Probably didn't turn into a werewolf though, so I think I'm better at it than him." Kain gave a small smile.
"Why are you asking, anyways? The guy is either long dead or in the immortal old peoples home."

"Look Richard, all I know about that particular badge, is the connection it has to people in Division Zero; nothing more, nothing less."

She sounded as if she was speaking the truth. Or... was that what he wanted to think? Yeah, he was tired, and he wanted it over with. He wanted Isabelle to only know this, because he didn't want the problems to get worse. Did that change his ability to read her? Was he too biased to see the truth? Richard couldn't help but feel terribly annoyed with himself, and at everything that had happened. And most of all DICE. "This isn't going anywhere." he realized. "I should just--- Isabelle suddenly had another look in her eyes, a feeling he couldn't specify, and suddenly she moved towards him swiftly. Due to him sitting in a chair, as well as being fairly exhausted, she managed to pinch the base of his neck. He gasped as his body went limp, and he then passed out.

"What? That would be just...boring. Boring and too simplistic. I've got something far better in mind for this one. We're going to cause some epic chaos in the demon community. And it all starts about 40 miles from here"

The sped through the same dilapidated garage that they arrived through into another portal. They materialised in a dreary suburban neighbourhood, not content with the boundaries they had drawn up centuries ago, the human populace continued to spill out from their old cities and they result were the dull, idealised suburban home. An easy place to hide the torment of others behind easy going smiles and neighbourly greetings.

"Second and final stop on the crazy train"

At least he wouldn't have to put up Rebecca (not a man) for much longer.

"And how are you planning to that Miss One Man Army?"

"My grandfather used to tell stories about his grandfather, a man who hunted demons named Leigh, with a group of extraordinary men and women. But I always thought they were just that, stories. Haven't thought about it too much but now that I'm in the same boat, I suppose there's a chance he's real. Probably didn't turn into a werewolf though, so I think I'm better at it than him." Kain said with a brief smile.

"Why are you asking, anyway? The guy is either long dead or in the immortal old peoples home."

"It's just a little earlier, me, Garath and Isabelle held a seance, to try and call up a spirit from my past; to see if they could help fill in some of the blanks about who I was when I was alive. We succeeded in finding one, and his name was Leigh. Turns out I was demon hunter, and I worked alongside him back in the day."

"It's just a little earlier, me, Garath and Isabelle held a seance, to try and call up a spirit from my past; to see if they could help fill in some of the blanks about who I was when I was alive. We succeeded in finding one, and his name was Leigh. Turns out I was demon hunter, and I worked alongside him back in the day."
Kain smile turned wry,
"Back in the day? You look so young though. I believe you were mentioned in a few stories, but I don't really remember them. If you want, my grandfather knows them all by heart, though he lives in an old folks home in Ohio..."

"Back in the day? You look so young though. I believe you were mentioned in a few stories, but I don't really remember them. If you want, my grandfather knows them all by heart, though he lives in an old folks home in Ohio..." Vayle face had blushed at the 'look so young' comment, but she was intrigued to hear these stories; they may fill in a few holes in her memory.

"Well, you could say that being a spirit means the hands of time have stopped my appearance from changing. As for these stories, I'm interested in hearing them; but won't your grandfather be a little shocked from seeing a spirit?" She asked with concern, not wanting to scare the man.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked