D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 NEXT

What a simple minded thing this creature was, he had led and it had followed. It's mistake was a simple one; it was so eager to use Eliezer as a new host it hadn't even contemplated that it might be being led into a trap, what foolishness. It was almost ironic, where he had once been trapped in agony was the one tool he could use to trap this creature. leading to his and the mystery man's salvation, it was an odd turn of events, none Eliezer liked, but he would do anything to get closer to his revenge.

Eliezer stood there, primed as he waited for his prey to pounce, ready to pour the freezing liquid once it came into range. It was all going to plan. Or not. Suddenly the pain he had felt earlier had returned, it was now longer the dull throb it had been before, now it felt like his stomach was on fire. It almost caused him to double over and he was on knee when the creature rounded the corner, why did this have to happen now? Just a little longer, just enough time to deal with that creature.

The creature lunged for the attack, losing it's form and becoming but a snarling face enclosed in a wall of red, Eliezer only had one chance, he flung the freezing liquid at it. He saw it start to crystallize before he blacked out from the pain.

"Yes." Eligor replied, "As for compliment, you are sadly mistaken. Let's just say a 'friend' sent me back."

"Well, I think it better that you're...friend...use a proper entrance next time"

She turned to look at Eligor, and was surprised to see a child holding onto him. Curiousity got the better of her, and she approached him caustiously.

"And who is this then? I haven't see this one around here before"

"Say, what's your name?"

"Zhang the Man Eater. Head of Division Five. Nice to meet you"

Zhang started advancing up the stairs towards the front entrance and opened the door for Byron. The inside looked crowded and rather busy, He wasn't sure exactly what is was these people did, but it wasn't of relavance for now.

"Any other basics you need before we get down to it?"
________________________________________________________________________________

With Elizer knocked out, he was free from the pain that would further insue. The creature that was making it's way out of his stomach finally clawed its way out. It's skin was a pale blue, and it's body was fairly human shaped, save for the snake-like lower half. It crawled from inside Elizer's body onto the outside world, and fleed under a desk as fast as it could go.

"-ooooo!" Danny yelled before the blood froze. The crystallization of the blood was a beautiful sight, mainly because it meant it could no longer harm Danny. After it completely froze, Danny felt comfortable enough to approach it and the man. He looked unconscious and when Danny came closer the man's stomach burst open.

It could have been the blood loss, but Danny saw a blue-blur. The only detail he made before it scurried under a desk was a long tail which looked like a snake. It couldn't have been a full-snake because of the mess it made. For something that moved by slithering, it was exceptionally fast. Danny had no plans to catch it, he had more important things to deal with such as the frozen blood and the presumably unconscious man. After checking his pulse, Danny confirmed that he was only knocked out cold. Danny couldn't blame him, an aggressive organism had just burst out of his stomach. What Danny couldn't understand, however, was how he was unconscious and not dead. Unless, the man wasn't human. It wouldn't be surprising if some demons were shape-shifters or simply resembled people. Nevertheless, it wasn't healthy for someone to be unconscious and have their stomach left open. Danny couldn't carry him, he still had his own wounds to deal with, and even if Danny could he still had to keep an eye on the blood until D.I.C.E. locked him away.

Danny looked around for staff and it wasn't long before he met someone, unfortunately in the middle of doing something that looked important and dangerous. Before Danny could leave though, she asked him what he wanted; she seemed more concerned with Danny's presence in a lab than his obvious wounds.

"What do you want, and more importantly what are you doing here?" She asked before turning to her work again.
"There's a stray blue thing that just tore its way out of a now unconscious man. There's also a frozen parasite blood-demon. I suggest you deal with them. Quickly huh?" Danny replied.

Without hesitation, the woman stopped what she was doing and went over to the scene of the incident. She sighed, muttered profanities under her breath and left.

"Er excuse me, aren't you going to do anything?" Danny asked, following her.

She turned around, clearly annoyed.

"Don't worry, it'll be dealt with. You should worry, however, about those burns. It looks quite serious." She said, embarrassing Danny. With that said, the woman continued walking off.

Danny returned to the blood to see if it was truly frozen. His bane, now frozen in what was probably a secret chemical made by D.I.C.E. All thanks to the ingenuity of the man. Speaking of the man... Danny knew he shouldn't look but he couldn't help but stare at the hole the blue-thing left in his stomach. He stopped staring and left after mistaking the wound to be healing itself.

I really have lost a lot of blood.

Ignore (:

It had been an hour or so later when Isabelle had returned from her date with Garath, and during that period she had fallen asleep in her chair, still dressed in the outfit she wore earlier. Suddenly, the door swung open, and in stepped Vayle, looking rather tired herself after spending some time in the library. This sudden jolt caused Isabelle to wake up, and look at her friend.

"Ah Vayle, glad to see your still up. Tell me, what time is it?" Isabelle asked with a yawn as she readjusted her position within the chair. Vayle looked and saw her master in attire that she hadn't seen her wear before.

"It is around 6 or 7 in the evening Izzy, say why are you all dressed up like that; you gone out somewhere?" Vayle asked with a curious look, eager to know what was going on, as she liked to learn all sorts of gossip at times. Isabelle blushed slightly at the question, not wanting to answer; but decided to tell something that was somewhat true.

"You could say that Vayle, I went out to dinner, thought I'd get away from the base for a few hours, help relax after all that has been happening recently. And I decided to go some place with a little more class, hence the dress. Anyway, whilst I've been out, what have you been up to then Vayle?"

"Well, after you, Richard and Garath had gone, Kain decided to stop on by and thanked me in person for the clothes I made earlier. It was then that I noticed that he looked a bit like Leigh, and asked if anyone in his family went by that name. Turns out, Leigh is his great great grandfather, and that his grandfather Desmond knew of some stories about Leigh and a group of monster hunters he travelled around with.

So, we both went to the retirement home where his Desmond lives, and he told us a story; according to him, I was a part of the group Leigh worked with. Also, I'm not the only one to be still be lingering in the physical world, apparently, there is another one, a spectre who goes by the name of Hawke; he was the gunslinger of the team and is also an amnesiac like me. According to Desmond, he currently floating around the Vatican."

"You speak French, don't you?"
"Oui." Jean said quietly. "Do you?"
He quickly approached the clerk, and requested his firearm. He'd been ordered to leave it with them when entering the facility, which annoyed him to no end.
He carefully enunciated the words, having memorized them some time ago. "H and K, U S P Com... Compact. Jean Francis Martin."
The clerk quickly flipped through a log, then produced it from somewhere, Jean didn't see. It was still in its holster, so Jean quickly pulled it around his waist, then turned to Aaron.
"Now where?" he asked.

"Well, I think it better that you're...friend...use a proper entrance next time"

She turned to look at Eligor, and was surprised to see a child holding onto him. Curiosity got the better of her, and she approached him cautiously.

"And who is this then? I haven't see this one around here before"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eligor was at a loss to explain the 'friend' or the boy who had kindly given him the use of his body for reasons yet unknown to him. At least the redhead wasn't being particularly picky on those details. One question could be all it took to blow his cover. He hoped that playing the lackey for Lucy would be worth it. After all, it was probably just a little chore to do to make up for being missing for a very long time and turning up imprisoned in a sword. He sighed and used the boy's body to move the sword onto his shoulder, in a shrug-like gesture, with the sword balanced on the shoulder.

"The portal was pretty ad hoc, you understand?" Eligor said and moved onto the other subject quickly, "As for the boy. A little treasure I stumbled upon in Hell who gave me the use of his body, out of his own free will. That's all I know about him."

Aaron Pertition

"Do you?"

Aaron shook his head in response. "Non, I can't speak it. I just lived in Hawkesbury, Ontario for about 20 years, and your accent is similar to the native French speakers there. I can understand it with decency, read some French, but I can only speak and write it when the stars align and I practice beforehand." Aaron walked beside Jean as they travelled to the armory, with Aaron reflexively flipping the folder in his hands.

"Now where?"

Aaron handed Jean the mission folder, and told him the basics.

"There was an agent who went to have a heart-to-heart talk with the Vatican, and then he went to a church in Manhattan and disappeared. We're supposed to be locating him."

Aaron led Jean to the portal room and punched in the coordinates to Wreston's last known location in New York.

Byron Kelspring

"Zhang the Man Eater. Head of Division Five. Nice to meet you"

Byron raised an eyebrow incredulously. "Man Eater, eh? Remind me to ask you how you got that name." Byron paused for a second, rethinking something. "But not until after I've had a drink or two. That doesn't sound like something a man should listen to sober."

As Zhang and Byron walked inside, Byron's gaze swept the building. He looked at the forming mass of people doing whatever they were doing, and then shifted his scrutiny to the much more interesting structure and design of the building itself.

"Any other basics you need before we get down to it?"

"Basics? I'll just improvise, as teaching me what to do will take too long, and I do better when improvising, anyway."

"As for the boy. A little treasure I stumbled upon in Hell who gave me the use of his body, out of his own free will. That's all I know about him."

"I see. Well, I'd at least like to have a name for him"

"Muramasa," The boy said unexpectantly. Though he hadn't spoken a word of English beforehand, he seemed to have picked up on what the woman wanted. The agent smiled back at him and nodded.

"Well then, feel free to make yourself at home lad"
____________________________________________________________________________________

"Basics? I'll just improvise, as teaching me what to do will take too long, and I do better when improvising, anyway."

"Sounds like a plan"

Zhang worked his way up through the twisting corridor's of the building. He reached a large set of double doors and pushed them open delicately. They opened up to the main temple. rows of pews lined each side, and a large chair stood in the front at the very middle. Next to the chair was a middle-aged old man in a basic priest set-up. He looked up from lighting a candle and watched silently with a gloomy look on his face.

"Gentlemen. We were not expecting any more visitors this evening. What business have you here?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

D6's teams got to work on making sure the blood was secure and all of the lab was sanatized again. Someone came over to Elizer's body and propped him up on a slab to be taken to the medical bay. The transporters could see his healing was taking care of most of the damage. All they had left to do was set him on a bed and move on.

Jean read the mission file slowly as they walked, committing the contents to memory. Drew Weston. 5'11, 140 pounds. He shook his head. He didn't know how to convert to metric. He sighed, then read it again. He discarded the clothing description, but carefully memorized the license plate number.

He looked up as they entered the portal room and Aaron punched in the coordinates. Jean glanced back down, then closed the file, and held it under his arm.

"Simple enough. Demons involved?" Jean asked Aaron as the machine powered up.

He was swaying, he was lying on something and swaying.

What had happened to the creature?

The last thing he remembered was collapsing from the pain in his stomach, it had gone now, but what had caused it? The goo?

He didn't like the swaying. It reminded him of something unpleasant.

No! He wasn't going back to labs. He rolled of the stretcher and paused. Why would he need to be on a stretcher, he had only collapsed from the pain? He looked down at his stomach; the wound was still healing, but it was almost finished. What had caused it? The only person who he could think to ask was the mystery man who had been screaming behind him, what's-his-name, well it didn't matter. He had been there and Eliezer didn't fancy talking to the scientists.

He saw him further up the corridor and quickly caught up with him.

"Hey, can you tell me what happened while I was... unconscious?" He asked, "Oh, and you owe me a suit, just look at this mess."

Geez, now I'm hallucinating. Get it together Danny-boy, the man is clearly in the stretc- Danny turned around saw the man right behind him.

He yelled out of surprise and fell on him, both people tumbling down the stairs and smashing into a wall. Danny groaned and slid off the man, not wanting to further ruin his suit. Danny had to admit, at the very least, it looked badass. Not very hygienic, but badass. Danny further investigated the man's suit when he noticed something odd. He looked closer and realized the hole in the man's stomach was smaller. In fact, it looked like it was shrinking. The flesh and bone was rearranging itself, reversing the clawing action of the blue thing. Danny couldn't look away; it was horrifying yet fascinating at the same time. He wanted to poke it but refrained himself from doing so, not wanting to further injure himself and the man.

"Well, uhh... how do I put this. Hmm...something blue burst out of your stomach. It is now somewhere in D6. Don't worry, you're healing yourself as I'm sure you know. Also, the blood is taken care of," Danny said before sighing and picking himself up again.

"Now if you'll excuse me good sir, I need to go to the medical bay again."

Kain woke up with a start. His memory-dream turned into a recurring nightmare of getting chased by a bear wearing his brothers face. He sighed, and looked around. No new mission dossiers, so he assumed he was up for another day of nothing. Or using up more vacation time helping others with their personal problems.
'One day perhaps I'll be not nosy.... No I won't, this is too fun.' he smiled slightly, remembering the hug. His stomach rumbling brought him out of his memories, and he went to D4 cafeteria. He often joked that the menu should'e been mostly black ink considering their line of work, but he found he was right in this regard. Or perhaps some joker decided to cover up the ingredients section for shits and giggles. He sighed regardless, and picked up what might've been a caesar salad, but for all he knew was a forest nymphs underwear. He picked at it lazily, mostly trying to think of why they hadn't sent him on another mission. It probably had something to do with that video of him in werewolf form, leaping about Paris. He tasted blood, and felt his lip, finger rubbing against the bottom of his...
Fang?
He checked again. His canines were officially that of a canine. He got up, nymph underwear half-eaten, and bolted to the D6 labs.

Richard woke up, feeling fully rested, but still somewhat dizzy. It didn't take long for it to calm down, as he thought through the situation at hand, and only after coming to the conclusion that there were no immediate dangers at hand, he took the time to sit up. After all, lying down worked nicely for thinking through stuff. He did have a lot of questions on his mind though, but those were mostly uninteresting, and only there because the day before had brought them up. Richard stretched, and removed the duvet, before getting out of bed. He didn't like the cold sensation from the lack of his duvet -even if he was wearing his pajamas- but it was a good way to wake up more completely, so he didn't mind either. Besides, it was followed by a hot shower, and after shaving off what he had of a stubble -which was almost nothing- he changed into a fresh set of clothes, a brown turtle neck and a darker pair of pants.

He wasn't sure whether or not he wanted to put the badge on, as it was a symbol of him being a pawn, yet it might be a bit strange for him not to wear it. If anything seemed out of place, who was to say they didn't suspect him more? Then again, he didn't doubt they already saw him as strange, the badge didn't really add anything to that. He decided that it wasn't important, and kept it in his pocket, together with the items from the box. He also had a several pairs of rubber gloves, each pair packed in a bag, so that they were clean if he needed them. Even as head of D6, there could still be a need, especially if he managed to fit going to his personal lab into that. "I somehow doubt that," he had to admit. "Still, perhaps Daniel would be able to make it happen." Richard didn't rely too much on the man, as he didn't really know what else he could use him for, apart from writing reports, and sorting stuff out.

He had seen movies and the likes; where assistants brought coffee and did other small tasks, but that seemed to be... well, off. No reason to keep someone who could be working on a report or something more interesting than that, busy with stuff one could easily do oneself. Besides, food and drinks where one worked was a big bad for Richard. Even if he now had an office, even bringing a cup of coffee inside was something he'd be hesitant to. He kept his work and feeding apart from each other, and had done so since he was young.

That still hadn't stopped his mother from bringing in hot chocolate when he was working on projects or the likes in the winter, and hadn't come out from his room in a few hours. Back then, whenever it started snowing, he had little interesting in going out to collect stuff like leaves and other kind of samples as such, as he disliked the cold. Besides, there was a limited amount of samples one could find. Apart from when he had been dragged out by his sister or mother to go to the store -sometimes the car didn't even start because of the cold and they had just dragged him out in order to play- Richard had stayed inside. Snow wasn't bad from there, he liked how it made everything seem tidy and clean, a pure white reaching over and covering the trees and ground, and after a while, covering ice on the small lake there. It wasn't something that made him curious, but it was interesting that the frosty layers preserved the samples underneath. It was fascinating, in a way.

He'd sit in the window, look outside for a while, and then his mother would ask him if he wanted to go out to play. Richard couldn't remember a time he had agreed to do so, but more often than not he had ended up with a scarf around his neck, a woolen coat, and a pair of mittens. Allison was sent out to keep him company, but she would always start throwing snowballs at him. He would run away and hide behind a pile of snow until he was allowed in again. Richard would head for his room, and not get out before he felt warm again. Once in a while, he might choose to stay in the living-room, to feel the warmth of the fire-place. If he did, his mother would bring him something to eat, and a blanket, which made the experience a bit better. She would then pat his head, slowly, and ask him if he was still cold. Richard remembered that he would usually just shake his head, both to get her hand off, and to say no.

He noticed that he was sitting on his bed, staring into the mostly empty room, thinking about the past. Richard sighed, and got up. It was something he didn't use to do, but he didn't really feel like reading too much into it. "I should eat something," he thought, changing the topic in his mind. Thinking about the past was useless, and uninteresting. "And then I need to get to that office, I guess."

He then went to get some food in the D6 cafeteria.

"Sorry for the interruption," Zhang said as he approached the old clergyman. He leaned on a pew with a good couple of feet away from the guy, as to not look too imposing. " We two are from DICE"

"Hmmf. Yes? What of it?," He barked back. "We already dealt with one of your people and sent him on his way"

"Oh. We know father. But we'd like a second run on whatever information you gave him. Let's call it for the sake of clarity"

The priest furrowed his brow at Zhang. It was so clear the masked man was holding something back it was obnoxious.

"If that is all you'd wish to say, then so be it" He marched over to a rather large man near the alter holding a case. The priest whispered something in his ear, and the man disappeared for a few minutes. He returned minutes later with a file in hand and left it with the priest.

"Our sect in the cesspool know as the United States has informed us of a heretic working under the guise of one of the Lord's servants. He has been spreading blasphemy around the area, claiming our order is corrupt."

"Intriguing. But as false as these charges allegedly are, this 'heretic' of your can say whatever he wants. Protected speech is a big thing over there"

"So very astute of you to point out the obvious. But suppose this was but a plan of demonic origin? Taking down our church so that our followers were to be a feast from the demon hoard?" The priest passed Zhang the file. He brought it over to Byron's eyes for him to see and opened it up to a very blurry picture of what looked to be a Catholic priest with horns on his forehead.

"What kind of equipment did your guy take this with? You can barely make the damn thing out. Any teenager with photoshop could have made this thing"

The priest hastily snatched the file back and gave it back to the handler.

"I assure you, the source is a very reliable one. I wouldn't trust anyone else's word"

"Uh-huh. And who was the one that leaked you this photo?"

"That is none of your concern. They are well know for their honestly. I can trust them and certainly, as a man of God, you can trust my word as well"

Zhang stood there going over his options, his appearal allowing him a good poker face. He settled on a shrug and nodded to the priest.

"Yeah. I guess that works. We just need a name and address and we'll be going now"

The priest wrote something down on a piece of paper and shoved it at Zhang. He turned and left without a word, then hurried along out of the main room. Once Byron was back within whispering distance of Zhang, he began again.

" So. What was your feeling on that guy telling ya?"

What was this fellow good for, so far all he had done was yell, scream and panic, causing Eliezer more trouble then it was worth and doing nothing to help.

How fortuitous DICE had taken to recruiting men like this.

The man had sent him tumbling down the stairs, careening back towards the Division 6 labs. Dazed, he woke up to the sight of the man staring curiously at the wound that was still healing.

"Well, uhh... how do I put this. Hmm...something blue burst out of your stomach. It is now somewhere in D6. Don't worry, you're healing yourself as I'm sure you know. Also, the blood is taken care of," Danny said before sighing and picking himself up again. "Now if you'll excuse me good sir, I need to go to the medical bay again."

"Something blue?"

It didn't confirm whether it was the goo that had caused the unpleasant ordeal, at least it was gone for good; well until one of the scientists found it at started experimenting on it. He almost felt sorry for the creature, however it had burst out of his stomach and if he hadn't had his healing abilities it would've killed him. He wondered how seriously DICE took complaints about their staff.

"As for the blood, what was that. I need the details, for my report" He said slyly, "DICE doesn't take to kindly to fools who bring in external sources of corruption emanating from a demonic nature into their house, if you get what I mean"

"...Well then, feel free to make yourself at home lad"

The redhead asked and was given an answer. Eligor was surprised that the boy even responded at all. Maybe the boy still had some control over his body? Well, that was only slight concession when he weighted up the pros and cons. But the real question was: what was D.I.C.E. going to do with this 'Muramasa'. Well, at least Eligor had a name to call him by.

He continued the conversation, "Since introductions on this side are finishing, seeing as you already know who I am, how about introducing yourself?"

After talking for a while about what Vayle discovered whilst in the library, and getting something to eat as a late night meal, both Isabelle and Vayle decided to get some sleep, as the clock on the desk nearby showed that it was around 11:00 PM. Both ladies soon changed into some appropriate sleepwear, then went to bed.

As Isabelle slept, she had a strange dream, of a woman dressed in a mixture of robes and armour; with pale blues eyes and long, white flowing hair. From the looks of things, she seemed to be some kind of warrior, as the woman appeared to be carrying something that may have been a sword in her hand. The woman was fighting in an unknown land, but her enemies were familiar, demons of all kinds were attacking those dressed similar to the woman in the dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was in the early hours of the morning when Isabelle awoke, confused by the dream. 'What did it mean?' She asked herself as Isabelle got up to have a shower, though the answer had not come. Isabelle returned, dressed in a variation of her regular outfit; which was a long sleeved button shirt that was rolled up to the elbows, underneath a dark grey waistcoat and a pair of trousers which were of a similar colour, but she lacked a tie this morning. Vayle was busy reading through some more books about magic and fortune telling, hoping to recover some of the lost craft from her days as a demon hunter.

"Vayle, if you don't mind, I'm just going to run a few errands this morning, couple of loose ends that need tying up so to speak."

"Don't mind at all Izzy, need some time alone to help practice my magic anyway."

"Good, I'll try and get some breakfast for you later. See you later." Isabelle said as she left the room, and proceeded to head towards the elevator, and pushed the button for Division Six. Thoughts crossed her mind back to the conversation between her and Richard.

"Better I apologise in person to him as well; hopefully it will show that I meant it." Isabelle thought to herself as the elevator began its ascent.

"Something blue?"

Danny nodded and went on his way.

"As for the blood, what was that. I need the details, for my report."

Danny stopped dead and listened to what the man had to say. He had to be cautious here, once false move and they could send him frozen to the labs.

"DICE doesn't take to kindly to fools who bring in external sources of corruption emanating from a demonic nature into their house, if you get what I mean."

The man had a point, but he wasn't so sure if he was the one to talk to. He didn't look like a staff member, in fact he looked more like an agent. Danny assumed that the paperwork was done by slouch-backed pen-pushers and not stylishly-dressed self-healing demons but what did Danny know? He hadn't even been here long enough to understand how D.I.C.E. worked. He decided not to take the risk and simply confess to the man. He looked like the type to sympathize with other people suffering from uninvited guests.

"At the facility, yes that Russian Facility, I stayed behind to do the clean-up. I was dying to explore the place, it was part of my previous job you see. I was a detective, so naturally I felt obligated to stay behind. Anyhow, I encountered a pool of blood. It dragged me in to another dimension. Long story short, I stayed for weeks. Not by choice of course. And in the real world, depressingly enough, it was only a few hours. So I left, and with the blood as a parasite of sorts. I didn't know it had planned to use me as a vessel of chaos, I figured it was grateful. Silly, I know, but who can blame me? It was my first freakin' day and I had been molested by a liquid-demon. I soon hopped on a plane, a transport plane no less, to go back home. I woke up in London with a pilot that pounced me and melted into a mess of gore. It crashed in the Thames and I returned. After more fuck-ups by the blood, I was once again trapped in an alternate dimension. I was about to become a vegetable, trapped in my own body when you injected me. It left my body and now it's frozen."

Danny took a deep breath and continued walking off, satisfied with his vent.

I should get hazard pay.
"You really should!"

Whatever Eliezer was doing, mostly bluffing his way through protocol, had paid off; the story was too audacious to be a lie. Although, he wondered why the man had decided to spill his guts. Except for his quick wits with dealing with the blood, he had done nothing he was an agent. People had stopped being this gullible long ago, hadn't they?

So this 'Agent' had decided that the first the thing he should do after encountering a demonic entity was to investigate it himself without calling for scientists or back up, he must be a rookie, which meant he was usable.

He wanted to know one more thing before he left the man to go to the medical bay:

"While this parasite was in you, can you say for sure you had full control of your actions?" He asked, before yawning. Today's venture had been more tiring then he had realised, "Actually, find me in Division 5 tomorrow and tell me, I'm sure we can get this all sorted without any further incidents."

He headed off to find his room and get some sleep, curious what the man's answer might be.

Danny stopped, just in time to give the illusion that he was listening. Lucky for Danny, he didn't even have to reply. While ignoring the chatter of the man, Danny searched his thoughts ans asked 'himself' "who are you?" No response came, and so Danny simply brushed it off as an after-effect. The blood wouldn't have left something behind, doing so would be pointless and stupid. Danny was going to be quarantined at any moment now, during which they were probably going to find any remaining traces of the demon. Danny's body, was the worst body to stay in. Second worst being the man in the bloody suit...

Danny wondered if traces of the blood could still be on the man's suit. He decided to investigate later or simply let D.I.C.E. take care of it. They could provide Danny security couldn't they?

Danny returned to the medical bay where people in fancy suits, suits that resembled hazmat suits mind you, were already doing tests and cleaning up. As soon as they saw Danny they shot him with a tazer of some sort. Danny fell face-first on the floor and mouthed a groan.

I'm their problem now, h-h-ha-ha-ha!
"Let's hope they spare you, for our sake."

Byron Kelspring

" So. What was your feeling on that guy telling ya?"

Byron's head perked up at the question. "I have a feeling? Honestly, I can't tell you any more than you know already: He hates us and the idea of working with us, but the situation with Mr. Horn-Headed Heretic is too much for him, so he's fine with us taking care of his situation as long as we ride off into the sunset immediately after. Nothing you don't already know. Who are we looking for now, and where are we looking for him, if you don't mind me asking?"

Mary stood over the bed Danny had been placed in, waiting for him to come to, the tazers usually wore off after a few minutes, he was doing surprisingly well given his injuries, and she wondered if he had some sort of regeneration power, or maybe used to have one. At any rate he was currently on a mixture of pain meds and a few others to help him heal faster, some of which had been discovered by DICE, she considered putting him on the list for a skin graft, but given how he was looking that didn't seem neccessary.

Danny seemed to stir, "Hello there, I'm Dr. Guerir, don't mind the suit its more for your protection than mine, now I don't suppose you'd care to tell me how you got all these injuries?" she said trying her best to put on a cheerful face, though beneath the helmet of the suit and the surgical mask she doubted it would be very visible.

She had to stop herself from glancing at the clock on the wall, she knew her shift was almost over and she was feeling both exhausted from her work, and excited from the news she had heard earlier, D6 had a new head, maybe this one would be more likely to listen to her, at any rate she would see him in the morning, he was probably asleep right now.

Danny woke up to find himself in a comfortable bed. The pain in his arms were going away, almost akin to what the man's body did to his stomach, but he still felt the pain in his ribs. Danny shrugged it off, even D.I.C.E. probably couldn't heal a broken bone in a manner of minutes or hours. As his vision returned to him he noticed someone in a suit.

"Hello there, I'm Dr. Guerir, don't mind the suit its more for your protection than mine, now I don't suppose you'd care to tell me how you got all these injuries?"

He wondered if they knew it had come from his body. Wouldn't they have quarantined him? There was a chance part of the blood was still in him, and if that was so he could be jumping off the bed and wrecking more havoc. He decided to answer her question first.

"These burns? Well, the shooting range has fire in its later levels and so being a measly human with no powers whatsoever I simply burned. My broken ribcage, or cages, is from a fall in the medical bay where you tazed me," Danny considered telling them about the blood. Was the blood right? Would he really become another test-subject? Danny decided it was better to go through a life-time of weekly check-ups than to have the blood still influence him, and even if he didn't tell they would eventually know, "all of which can be blamed on a parasitic blood-demon which took control over me up until the events in the medical bay. Yes, I was a host to a demon. Could you please take me away or something? I think it's still in me," Danny said meekly. They had to do something to him now.

Was nice knowing you buddy, but I've had enough of blood-demons for a life-time.
"You may find I'm still here Dan, so don't be too disappointed if you're still hearing things.

"These burns? Well, the shooting range has fire in its later levels and so being a measly human with no powers whatsoever I simply burned. My broken ribcage, or cages, is from a fall in the medical bay where you tazed me,"

"Huh, I haven't been to the shooting range but it was my understanding the more dangerous obstacles were locked off to most people, I have no idea how you managed to activate them, as for the taser that wasn't me, I'm not really sure who did that, its not exactly standard practice to electrocute incoming patients," Mary responded, making a few notes to track Danny's explanation.

"all of which can be blamed on a parasitic blood-demon which took control over me up until the events in the medical bay. Yes, I was a host to a demon. Could you please take me away or something? I think it's still in me,"

He hesitated before saying this, and seemed very concerned about it, she could understand why, "I understand, not to worry though we are well equipped for this sort of thing, I will inform my superiors and you will be moved to a more secure area until we've run the neccessary tests," she said, trying to seem as positive as possible as she made a few more notes, she then turned to fetch a few of the senior medical staff, to tell them about Danny's claim, before her shift ended and she could retire for the night. She wasn't actually certain that DICE was equipped to handle this specific situation, but she figured they had to have dealt with something like it before, at any rate she knew they had protocols regarding possible possessions and the like.

"I understand, not to worry though we are well equipped for this sort of thing, I will inform my superiors and you will be moved to a more secure area until we've run the neccessary tests."

"Really? Fuck yes! YES!," Danny would have hugged her if she wasn't in a suit. He fell back on his bed out of joy, only to receive a sharp pain from his ribs. He wasn't in the clear yet, but the future looked promising. Danny wondered if the man would be able to find him, although by tomorrow he was probably going to be quarantined. He could wait.

Kain was entering his, what, 3rd hour sitting here? Time was starting too really drag, and he wished they hadn't taken his clothes. He felt his new and improved teeth again. Yep, still there. And deadly. Oddly, his only thoughts were that of his job. Would he get moved to another Division again? Fangs make covert missions difficult. Perhaps he'd be put back with D3, doing search and destroy missions again. He was starting to not care anymore, perhaps they'd deem him a failed experiment and throw him in an oven. That might even be preferable. In the end it all came down to what the division head wanted. Which was Richard now. Still difficult to imagine him being in charge, though the powers that be must've had their reasons. Best to drop those thoughts. Kain sighed, and a scientist came in looking confused.
"I'm not sure what's going on in your body right now. It seems like you're reverting to a more... canine like being." Kain merely raised an eyebrow, and the man of science sighed. It sounded pretty stupid, but Kain could tell he was telling the truth. Kain settled in as the scientist explained his findings, in the most dry and boring way possible...

"Since introductions on this side are finishing, seeing as you already know who I am, how about introducing yourself?"

"I'm Blaze. From Division 6's engineering staff. I won't go into any more than that. I know such things bore you guys"

She looked over at a clock on the wall. She had pulled another all-nighter.

"Anything else you or the boy need? I should probably start packing up now"

...Who are we looking for now, and where are we looking for him, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well. DICE's first priority would be to send someone to track down the missing agent.We're covered in that area," Zhang said as he walked back out of the front door. He pulled out the file that all had thought was taken from him earlier and flipped through it to the picture. "But what's more interesting is who would send this thing. The Father's words more telling than you'd think"

Zhang brought the picture up to where his mouth would be under the mask and moved it around a bit.

"We need one more stop..."

Zhang headed back to the car and typed something into the computer. After waiting for all the information to load, he nodded silently.

"This next part is going to get a bit...dangerous. I'll fill you in on the way"
____________________________________________________________________________________

When the portal had finally booted up, Aaron and Jean were taken to an abbandoned home within the city. Their pagers said that they were in the area of the disappearance, and the church would be only a few blocks east of were they showed up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sometime in the morning, far before every agent was fully awake or out of bed, a warning came in over the speakers sounding off to every floor.

"Attention all DICE personel. Please report to the meeting area of your assigned Division. I repeat. All agents please report to the meeting area of your assigned divisions. This is a code 3 operation. All hands on deck"

Isabelle had grabbed something to go for herself and Vayle after not seeing Richard in the canteen, which was a shame thinking that is where he would be this time of the morning; when suddenly an announcement blared out over the speakers, the person talking sounded rather urgent.

"Attention all DICE personnel. Please report to the meeting area of your assigned Division. I repeat. All agents please report to the meeting area of your assigned divisions. This is a code 3 operation. All hands on deck" Isabelle immediately made a beeline for the elevator before people could swarm the halls.

'Oh well, guess I'll have to talk to Richard later.' She said to herself as the elevator descended back down to Division Two, it stopping a couple of times to allow others to enter. As the doors opened to her level, Isabelle sidestepped out of the way to avoid people who were coming in, and proceeded calmly to the common room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vayle was deep in research as the announcement came through, as sigh escaped her lips as she shut a book about levitation, putting it to one side whilst making sure she looked respectful. Seeing that the coast was clear, Vayle made her way down to the common room to await further instruction.

'Guess the research will have to wait, its a shame, I was so close to perfecting that levitation enchantment spell.'

"Attention all DICE personel. Please report to the meeting area of your assigned Division. I repeat. All agents please report to the meeting area of your assigned divisions. This is a code 3 operation. All hands on deck"

Garath

Garath grumbled as he pulled himself out of bed, even he knew better than to sleep through an alert and while he couldn't remember exactly what a code 3 operation was he knew it had to be important. He quickly got dressed and made his way to the meeting room, wishing that he had time to grab coffee first, he still felt very sleepy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary

Mary woke quickly, she was still used to getting woken up in the middle of the night to go help from her hospital days and she got dressed quickly, she doubted there was enough time to put on her hazard suit so she left it, double checking her surgical mask and gloves for breaks or tears before heading out to the D5 meeting room, moving at a brisk pace.

Damn, I hope I can still meet with the new head of D6 today, I don't want to put that off very long she thought as she rushed down the hallway.

Kain growled at the announcement. A whole hour, and the scientist had yet to get to the point. Kain hopped off the bed, pushing the meek man away, and began jogging. He still belonged to D4, so he started his journey there, trying to look as passive as possible, and keeping his mouth shut. The journey was fast, D6 elevator was barely in use. He walked in and pushed the D4 button, and waited. A yawn was the only noise he made on the ride.

Richard had finished his breakfast, finally. It was early in the morning for most, as not a lot of people were in the cafeteria, but he liked the silence this early. After having eaten, when was about to go back to his office, he heard the sound of the speakers turning on, and then the announcement.

"Attention all DICE personnel. Please report to the meeting area of your assigned Division. I repeat. All agents please report to the meeting area of your assigned divisions. This is a code 3 operation. All hands on deck"

Richard remember the one for D6 being over the hall from his new office, and entered it. As soon as he did, those few there looked at him. And then he realized that he was the one who was supposed to know what they were to do. He looked around the room, trying to find anything that would tell him what to do, either something to give him a hint,or Daniel, who might have more information.

Danny was being carried off in a glass tube when the announcement came, the only sign of one was the sudden halt but Danny didn't reach that conclusion. After the wave of frantic people disappeared, they continued towards their destination where-ever that was. The glass tube was sound and sight proof, all Danny could hear was the sound of his own breathing and all he could see was black. Somewhat claustrophobic but the uneasy feeling went away after closing his eyes. He would have fallen asleep too if they weren't moving.

They came to a stop again and this time Danny knew what was happening, they were going down in an elevator. It wasn't for long, but considering he was on the lower levels it was somewhat odd. They continued moving for a while, going through twists and turns, but they came to their final stop. They dropped him off, gently, and for a moment Danny thought they had ditched him. Perhaps this was the quarantine? Maybe he was going to be left to d-

The glass tube opened to a hiss and Danny was inside a glass room. It wasn't one-way, thank god, and so Danny could see the people in suits; a strangely comforting sight.

The other Division heads waited for everyone to get into position and made note of how many people were in the meeting rooms. Each one punched into the main office, alerting the Boss it was time to get moving. A second annoncement came over the speakers.

"Attention all agents. Due to a series of security breaches over the past week, High Command has decided to move the Head Quarters. It is a standard operation that takes place every couple of years, so there's nothing to worry about. Although, people have been known to get lost in the past. So as added precausion, you are all near all other agents so as to be accounted for should you disappear"

A wall opened up in the back of the Division 6 meeting room. A box was placed inside a small safe filled with portal room pagers. There looked to be enough in the box for everyone present.

"Your Division heads have locators for all of you. Take then, and try to hold as still as possible. 3 minutes until zero time"

"...Anything else you or the boy need? I should probably start packing up now"

Blaze. You might that say little conversation warmed the cockles of Eligor's heart. But more importantly, she was part of Division Six. Eligor felt a little nudge in that direction, but was it from the outside or the inside? He couldn't tell. He simply replied negatively to that question and took his leave.

The speakers ordered the D.I.C.E. personnel to go to meeting area of Division One, or so he assumed. Eligor wondered what the look on the Colonel's face to see him and his new-found wielder. Another announcement came through after a few minutes. Security breach? Well that was a long time to move shop because of the Kouza incident. Nevertheless, Eligor did as was told and headed for D1.

The meeting space held a few familiar faces, though they were more concerned on the situation at hand than on the latest arrival. A device was then thrust into the boy's hands and they were told to use this. With a sigh of reluctance, Eligor pressed the button, expecting the worst.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked