D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

Azkar approached Richard until she loomed over him. She stood up and took her arms off the ground so she was standing, hunched over. The skin between the chitin seemed to throb and move sickeningly as tentacles began piercing the skin and emerging from her body. The chest pulled back and Azkar's petite form was revealed, her large legs bent so that she was at eye height with Richard. She then leaned out and took his hands with a worried look on her face.
"Please don't be sad..." she bounced his hands gently in her own, her eyes drifted from Richard's eyes to his hands. She sat one little hand on Richard's palm and closed his fingers over it with her free hand.
"I've been used on missions where they told me to capture Demons alive for testing, I've also been utilized for corpse retrieval. Consuming a living thing or a corpse is an action I need to focus on, I don't eat because I'm hungry... So no... I don't eat everything..."
She giggled and reached up high as her large head lent down, opening it's maw. The long tongue covered in hooks and barbs wrapped around her slender arm and she smiled as she ran her fingers along it. "For instance this mouth doesn't have taste buds... I figure consuming the biomass of a Human or a Demon wouldn't taste too wonderful."

Now Azkar was walking her fingers along the large head's chitin surface and smiling up at it. "The make up of our team suggests I won't have the luxury of being a beast of burden, however I'm sure I could gently pin a Demon or two down and just... I don't know..." She trailed off as her large head arched back and the tongue shot out, wrapping around Richard's neck almost instantly, however it never touched him.
"Snapping necks works on some lesser Demons... Otherwise the next most subtle I could give you on a bigger one would be... Hmm..."

Azkar brought herself back a few feet as her tongue reentered her large head and the tentacles slid back into her body. She then leaned out again and playfully prodded Richard near the center of his chest, right where his heart is. She gave a small cruel grin as her eyes seemed to be absent mindedly staring, as if her mind were elsewhere.
"Humans say the heart is where your good and kind emotions and love come from, Demons don't have either of these..."
Azkar seemed to come back to reality as she gave Richard's chest a firm nudge.
"Yet if you take the heart out of even a large or high ranked Demon..."
She then took her hand back and made her hand into a little fist.
"Sometimes you need to destroy it after it's already out... But they always die if their heart is dead too... That'd be a pretty valuable specimen, mostly intact. Problem is the higher ranked they are the less likely they'll go down easy."

Azkar blushed as she realized she'd really gone off on a tangent. She then clapped her hands together and gave a bright smile. "To sum it up, I won't eat any of your future projects! But you'll probably need to carry them yourself." She folded her arms and looked deep in thought for a moment before laughing.
"I thought I was bad socially. But I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that implying a female eats too much is bad for her self esteem." She giggled and pat her thin stomach near her barely visible ribs.
"I forgive you though, I know interacting with people can be hard."

"I thought I was bad socially. But I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that implying a female eats too much is bad for her self esteem." She giggled and pat her thin stomach near her barely visible ribs. "I forgive you though, I know interacting with people can be hard."

Richard had to swallow in order to keep calm. He got more relaxed, as she didn't seem intent of touching him anymore, and then, when he had collected himself, he looked at her quizzical. "It is? How come? People's bodies use different amounts of time to digest something, and it is highly dependent on activity and size, and a lot more. I don't get why someone would get offended by that." Considering he had grown up with an older sister and their mother, and yet never heard it, it seemed strange. "Oh, wait, is that why women say they don't want to eat cake when they obviously want to? That's... peculiar." If someone got to big, then sure, it was a health-hazard. But other than that? It was something he would never wrap his head around, but that was okay, because it wasn't interesting to him anyway. Just weird.

He then thought about what Azkar had been suggesting, with her breaking the necks and keeping the specimen clean and mostly whole. "That would be great. As for carrying them, I usually take the tests I need and the samples I want, and then I let someone else clean it up. Usually, the corpses are sent to the lab when the guys clean up and hide the fact that demons exists from society. But then again, that highly depends on where we are heading." He smiled mischievously."But, I'll be fine, getting specimen for the other scientists doesn't really concern me. Also, while I'm not a combatant, I've been out on the field myself and can take some damage, so you won't have to worry about me getting into trouble or getting in the way."

It usually was like that, he would carelessly run among the demon corpses, take the tests, and sometimes getting attacked, but he had survived this far. Something gave him a feeling that Azkar might react badly if he didn't inform her. People who didn't know that had the tendency of either getting really annoyed, or start worrying. He rubbed his neck, not completely sure if the tongue had touched it or not.

Isabelle's eyes lit with curiosity as Eligor made a casual comment about his past and told her more then he needed to know. She, on the other hand, was not very forthcoming with details. With that, Eligor replied in kind.

"Have you now?"

"Yes, but I was mostly kept under wraps." He gabbed, "Something about the eye, it tends to put people off. The rest, to me, is a blur of blood and gore."

He was lying there rather comfortable in the jet, having a good chat would those Eligor would deign to call his team-mates, but inside would regard as expendables, especially the greenhorn who had refused his offer. The lad didn't know what was good for him, the simply boy though a simple axe from his father was enough to defend himself with. The fae had good craftsmanship, yes, but it mostly including engravings, decorations, fancy hilts and the sort. If there was one good thing about being imprisoned in this blasted blade, it was that the blade itself was made of the finest materials. The man was refusing the use of an iron tool over flint, nevertheless Eligor saw that he would not convince Simon that he was simply better.

"I'm sure you could teach me something," Mister Science Man mused, inspecting the blade from the hilt. "You don't see a thing like a talking sword with an eye every day, you know!"

Suddenly he was picked up by an ill-kept young man with messy dark blond hair and bronze glasses, but other that his ordinary appearance, something was off. Eligor switched to aura vision, seeing the world in black with glowing outline of different hues, and his was erratic, changing colour like it was trying to fit in. Something was wrong. The body was human but he certainly wasn't.

"I could teach you some manners." Eligor asserted as he levitated out of the man's grip, "Ask before you do that next time. And if you have no experience whatsoever with blades, forget it. "

Azkar was beginning to notice her hands on approach to socializing was making Richard feel nervous. But it only made her sad and want to hug him! Azkar nodded firmly as Richard spoke, but was to busy thinking to herself about how to socialize better. Then she remembered ignoring people was bad manners!

Azkar heard something about cake and could tell he was confused and intrigued so she decided to explain where she learned it from. "Well from what I read, females find it unlady-like to eat in a non-civil manner... So... I think it means they eat slowly and with utensils... They also try to not eat much so they don't put on weight because Humans find that unattractive..." Azkar blushed as she proved she hadn't been researching very effectively.

"But, I'll be fine, getting specimen for the other scientists doesn't really concern me. Also, while I'm not a combatant, I've been out on the field myself and can take some damage, so you won't have to worry about me getting into trouble or getting in the way."

Azkar grinned cheekily as Richard smiled, he must be warming up to her! She made a mental note, stop touching people. But she was confused by what he said.
"But you're so squishy and small! I can't sense any wards or runes on you and your muscle density is far lower than a Demon. You also lack a form of armor! How can you take some damage?"
She propped herself up on her elbows, with her chin on her hands and looked at Richard.
"Also if you got in my way... You'd be better off getting ran over by a rhino." Azkar then laughed when she realized she might have been threatening. "I'm not saying I'll hurt you if you impede my objectives, I'm saying if you literally get in my way when I'm moving quickly I'll probably crush you due to my momentum."

Azkar then stopped and looked at the floating sword, which was also being inappropriately felt up by the Science Man.
"Hello artifact!" Azkar called out.
"What's your story?" Azkar didn't have any experience talking to sentient objects, so she decided to just flat out ask.

"I'm not saying I'll hurt you if you impede my objectives, I'm saying if you literally get in my way when I'm moving quickly I'll probably crush you due to my momentum."

"Well, I'll just make sure that won't happen then," he said. "As for how I can survive, well, basically, there is some mutations in parts of my DNA that makes my system go crazy if something seems off, so if I break a leg or get clawed, it will try to regenerate as much as possible, as fast as possible. If it's small, like a small cut, it takes a second or two, and if it is more severe, well, then the most dangerous damage is taken care of first, and then the less dangerous comes later, but that can take some minutes or even hours." He swallowed because his throat was dry from talking, then continued.
"Basically, its a faster and more direct form for renewing the cells of my body, and it also uses the damaged parts so that it can happen faster." That was about as much he knew about his abilities, since he rarely got a chance to find out more about them. The only thing he didn't add was that he was immune to diseases, because she didn't ask about it.

Richard snapped his fingers, when he remembered something.
"Oh, and also, I do have some kind of armor."
He opened his winter-coat slightly, and showed her the bullet-proof west. "Also, I have this, a helmet, and a shotgun. If it gets bad, sure, I would die, but then there's probably not much that can be done anyway. With more stuff than this, it would probably get in the way of my research, and that would be boring, right?"

Azkar's fleeting attention left the sword and returned to Richard as he was explaining his regenerative powers.
"So you have moderate regeneration? What would happen if you lost a limb or got cut in half? Has your heart ever stopped or been catastrophically damaged? Or you brain?" The albino girl leaned forward and stared at Richard hard for a few moments.

"Oh, and also, I do have some kind of armor."
"Oh... that'll stop average ammunition to a degree and maybe some low powered melee attacks... But if the mission becomes high risk or there is a larger Demon with a mace or something... They also tend to like magic based attacks and fire... Bullet proof vests would only work well in a cult environment I'd imagine... Unless some of the lesser Demons are trying to use firearms." Azkar was finding it hard to word what she wanted to say as she kept thinking about possible combat scenarios. She was so used to simply adapting in the field.

"Also, I have this, a helmet, and a shotgun. If it gets bad, sure, I would die, but then there's probably not much that can be done anyway. With more stuff than this, it would probably get in the way of my research, and that would be boring, right?"
Azkar gave a solemn smile "It's hard to be bored if you're dead though. Don't worry, I'll try and keep tabs on you if it gets really hairy. We have a large team but I don't know if the resistance will be organized. If it is, then it'll be a mini warzone. We lack heavy weapons and support if the level of the infestation escalates."

"More? You can make more? Damn I love this magic thing! Two more will do thanks. I'm Danny by the way, what's your name?"

"Sophia," she said as she got to work on the next two clips. "I can only do so many at a time, and making rounds and magazines I'm not used to takes me a little longer. Don't worry, I can make rounds for pretty much any gun. I know 'em all," she said with a cocky smile, as she handed him two new clips.

"So what's your name?"

She then set about loading up her own guns, starting with her grenade launcher. One at a time, she loaded the six cylinders with grenades created from a light from her hands, much faster than the magazines for Danny's pistol.

"So you have moderate regeneration? What would happen if you lost a limb or got cut in half? Has your heart ever stopped or been catastrophically damaged? Or you brain?"

Richard flinched when she stared at him, but nodded. "Well, yeah, I have been shot in the head once, I passed out, but I survived, somehow. Memory was a bit fuzzy for a few seconds, but I was fine. As for my heart, I have had a demon pierce it, painful, but luckily it healed fast. The most painful thing has to be the time a lesser demon broke my neck, I felt severe pain, then I didn't feel anything, and couldn't move. After a minute or so the pain returned. But anyway, I wouldn't throw myself into bad situations on purpose. But I haven't really lost a limb." Richard didn't like that she worried, normally people let him do as he wished, and that was it. He didn't really know how to react to that she questioned his safety, especially since he had been brought up to believe that worrying others was a bad thing to do. She continued on commenting his bullet-proof west.

"Oh... that'll stop average ammunition to a degree and maybe some low powered melee attacks... But if the mission becomes high risk or there is a larger Demon with a mace or something... They also tend to like magic based attacks and fire... Bullet proof vests would only work well in a cult environment I'd imagine... Unless some of the lesser Demons are trying to use firearms."

He hadn't thought of it like that, perhaps because he hadn't really been in such a dangerous mission before. Still, it was something, better that than nothing. Azkar smiled sadly. Why would she be so worried? He kept a mask of confidence, but it was probably easy to see through.

"It's hard to be bored if you're dead though. Don't worry, I'll try and keep tabs on you if it gets really hairy. We have a large team but I don't know if the resistance will be organized. If it is, then it'll be a mini warzone. We lack heavy weapons and support if the level of the infestation escalates."

"If something happens, huh?" "Well, I think if it got that bad, most of us would either die or get sent away, and then it won't matter what I'm wearing or how safe I am. Basically, what I want to worry about it getting out there, taking samples, and find out stuff." Richard said it simply, not a trace of doubt or anger in his voice. Being a biologist, that was all he could do. He then shrugged. "But I'll let you help me out if it gets really bad."

"Well, I think if it got that bad, most of us would either die or get sent away, and then it won't matter what I'm wearing or how safe I am. Basically, what I want to worry about it getting out there, taking samples, and find out stuff."

"I'm probably just getting myself worked up. I don't usually have to protect people directly... I'm also usually dropped into extremely hostile missions... Not many D.I.C.E can grapple a Demon the size of an elephant." Azkar pouted with a frown as her little red eyes started to tear slightly. "I always have to abandon my excessive mutations... Including everything related to psychic enhancement..." She crossed her thin arms and sighed.
"I just don't want anyone to die... Even the little toy soldiers who think they're better than the rest of us." Azkar giggled as she looked around the plane.

"They told me I was on this mission so I could interact in a team environment. Hopefully it's just a cake walk with a few dozen lesser demons and possessed running about." Azkar shrugged and laughed. "Just remember, when the little ones start swarming, short controlled bursts." She shaped her hand like a gun and whispered "Pow, pow, pow! Pow, pow, pow!" She then laughed loudly and put her hands on her hips. "Because swimming in vicious Demonic entities all stabbing, clawing and biting you isn't fun. Take it from me, it's almost as painful as getting cursed, bathed in fire or getting hit by RPGs." Azkar paused after the last word and cackled maniacally.
"Bet getting firearms tested on you wasn't a part of your recruitment, eh?"

"Because swimming in vicious Demonic entities all stabbing, clawing and biting you isn't fun. Take it from me, it's almost as painful as getting cursed, bathed in fire or getting hit by RPGs." Azkar paused after the last word and cackled maniacally.
"Bet getting firearms tested on you wasn't a part of your recruitment, eh?"

Richard shook his head. "No, it wasn't..." That sounded really bad, but then again, he knew what some of the other scientist had done to Eliezer and the other test-demons, so it didn't surprise him. Still, he wanted to lighten the mood, so he told her about what had happened that morning, hoping she would react positively. At least, his superior had laughed when he told him. "But if it helps, I do think some of other D6 guys is taking my blood. I fell asleep last night in front of my computer, and when I woke up, feeling somewhat light-headed, I noticed blood on my collar and my desk! And then, when I entered the labs, one of the demon-specimen looked at me as if I was dinner! I then remembered that I had heard them discuss why demons eat humans, and that they wondered what effects it had on the demon." He pouted. "But when I told the boss, he started laughing, and told me to go home. I stayed to wait for the computer when the announcement came. That's the reason I wasn't busy." Hopefully, she would laugh as well, and lighten up a bit.

Azkar tilted her head to the side. "Why do Demons eat people?" She asked quizzically. "Do you think they let it out and it bit you? Wouldn't it have tried to eat more of you? It doesn't sound like it took enough blood for any decent ritual..."

Then she started to tear up again "Why did someone laugh at you if you were hurt?" She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand and blinked slowly. "All this talking is taking a real tole on my emotions... D.I.C.E restricts my synapse mutation usage so I'm fairly spent after controlling my body and using psychic senses." The albino girl yawns and stretches, then looks back at Richard. "How does your neck feel?"

"How does your neck feel?"

"Fine, it was healed when I woke up, so I didn't really notice before I saw the blood on my collar. As for them letting it bite me, I think they just took it with a needle and a bag, though I wouldn't put it beside those crazy guys to do that the next time. At least you believed me, the boss didn't. He said I was over-worked and "overly paranoid"." He stretched, and looked around. "I think we're soon there, so I'll make sure I have everything I need. Talk to you later," Richard said, before heading over to his seat. He checked the contents of the suit-case, and made sure it all was there. Then he looked out of the window, only to see sky and nothing more. How long was it till they arrived?

So much for a distraction...

Eliezer slumped back in his chair feeling dejected and looked out of the window, just pale blue sky ans a few fleeting clouds. They would probably be arriving at their destination soon, what did D.I.C.E expected him to do? He wasn't a soldier demon, he just played tricks on people.

He got out of seat and walked down the aisle, heading towards the exit.

"It's not cynicism, it's fact" He replied back to the thing, "Demons are jerks, angels are jerks, humans are jerks. You screwed wherever you end up." He said matter-of-factly, " I don't feel like being on anyone's team either"

He passed the ragtag group that D.I.C.E had chosen to save humanity from the demons, they really have picked the best of the best he thought and chuckled to himself. Once he arrived at the jet's exit he started trying to get the door open.

"It's not cynicism, it's fact" He replied back to the thing, "Demons are jerks, angels are jerks, humans are jerks. You screwed wherever you end up." Eliezer said matter-of-factly. " I don't feel like being on anyone's team either"

Richard noticed Eliezer talking to Azkar. The demon then headed to the exit of the jet, and obviously wanted the door open. That wouldn't be good, not for Eliezer, nor for the others inside the jet. "El, what are you trying to do?" Richard asked. "Jumping out of the jet won't do you much good." He knew that wouldn't be enough to actually stop the demon, so he sighted. "Okay, fine, what do you want? I'm sure there's something that would made you stay, so spit it out. If I let you jump off, then the boss's definitely going to take it out on me, so name your price.""Hopefully, I can make it work. Somehow."

"I would suggest people with little combat experience or martial prowess stay near and behind me then, if that is the best you can come up with."
"As useful as that would be, it's not that suited to our current situation, Since we're landing near a compound, we should split up into at least into two groups. Group One, consisting of the engineers and those good at indoor combat, would enter the building and attempt to repair communication and work on the objective. Everyone else would stay outside, by the entrance, clearing the area and holding off any opposition. Whoever wants to be in this group should be prepared for open environments and a lot of hostiles."- Aaron Pertition. Assuming that the D6 people are capable of handling themselves, it would be nice to have a medic in that group, and also one in G2 is the can be spared. I suggest we start grouping up now, as that will save us time so that we can hit the ground running.

"El...could you please stop tampering with that door?" The Lieutenant asked him very calmy, with a smile still on his face.

"Because. Um. It's going to be kind of a pain if someone has to carry you when you get split in two"

The man rubbed the back of his head. One couldnt tell from the looks of him if he was bluffing or just delusional. Soon after, the pilot interjected from her seat.

"Sir. We are directly over the building"

"Oh. Alright. Bring us down"

The Pilot engaged the landing gear and began to make the jet descend.The group made a smooth landing in front of a small, two story complex in the middle of a grassy field. From the looks of things outside, it last mid-evening, and sky was overcast.

The Lieutenant got up and stood next to El at the door.

"Half of you need to proceed into the communication facility now. Any of you that have skill in tracking, go into the woods. We need to see if any of our other units survived whatever happened down their. I'll let you decide who does what. Though...do it with haste if you can. We're kind of on the clock"

The man turned as if he was about to open the door and stopped, as if just remembering something.

"Oh. And Izzy," He said, turning to Isabelle "Would you mind leading the team that goes into the woods? I'm fairly sure you're spirit friend will be invaluable with this"

"Woods? I guess I'll go with, see if I can give the field team some camouflage," Garath said as he stood up out of his seat, already forming the images in his mind of the illusory gillie-suits he planned to create.

"Besides my skill with necromancy might help if we come across any corpses," he continued as he exited the plane, "I can ask them what killed them, or if its bad enough ID the bodies," he finished sourly, he preferred to work in urban environments, but he would go where his skills were needed.

"El...could you please stop tampering with that door?"

Richard pulled back. "Lucky, seems I won't have to bargain then." He went to his seat, and directly after they had arrived at the location, and the lieutenant spoke again.

"Half of you need to proceed into the communication facility now. Any of you that have skill in tracking, go into the woods. We need to see if any of our other units survived whatever happened down their. I'll let you decide who does what. Though...do it with haste if you can. We're kind of on the clock"

Richard didn't really care where he went, as long as there were unknown demons there.He figured he would go with the group that had the least people. "Or wherever Azkar goes, perhaps." he thought, not yet sure.

"You got it, boss." Ghost responded as he debarked the aircraft and started for the woods. "Those of you who are going into the woods as well, give me a 2 minute head start. I'll be able to warn you if anyone is planning an ambush. Just... try to make sure it's not me before you shoot. I'd hate to have to go back home in a steel box." With that, he headed into the woods, carefully scanning for contacts as he quickly but quietly moved through the foliage.

Just like old times... He thought, remembering excersizes from early in his training in terrain like this. The black BDU's he was wearing wouldn't be effective for several hours yet, but he knew how to move without being seen in forests. They had given him the nickname after he ghosted two of the instructors on that particular excersize. He grinned a bit with that memory before turning his attention back to his surroundings.

It didn't take long for him to spot the disturbed underbrush where a group of people had traveled. Looks like they were running scared... Well, here's hoping one of the greenhorns knows how to track. Ghost thought, leaving a subtle sign that he turned to follow the group. Gonna have to be more cautious. Fear tends to leave people trigger happy, and I wouldn't want to end up like my namesake...

"I'll take the facility," Sophie replied. "I'm not terribly great at stealth in the woods. Too many dry twigs."

She quickly finished loading her grenade launcher, pistol, and bullpup before hopping down onto the ground, her light-sensitive red eyes scanning for anything out of the ordinary, bullpup leveled at the door leading into the facility.

"I've never tracked before but my senses are sharper than any humans and I can move as quietly as a shadow if needs be. Also if anyone is hurt I will be able to help heal them" Simon offered. He dug around in his bag, dumping items and the cloths that he wouldn't need in the mission. He tightened his bag around his big shoulders and hefted his axe over his shoulder.

Stepping off the aircraft, he stepped to one side standing closer to the woods than the building. He concentrated for a second applying a illusion over himself and his kit. Simon's figure appeared to blur then stitch seamlessly with the back ground behind. His body broke up into a shifting camo pattern that flawlessly matched the back ground. Whilst not invisible it was an easy illusion to maintain and could be applied to others just as well. When they moved they would appear as a blurring blob rather than a solid target, but whilst still they would disappear from all but the most attentive eye.

"Huh, seems I'm not the only one with some skill with illusions," Garath said as he watched Simon's spell take effect, "you might want to wait to cast that until we're at the forest though, don't want to waste energy."

He had to admit that the kid had talent, an illusion that would react to the background was much more difficut than a static image or adjustment. It seemed to almost draw attention to him when he moved though, while the blur would distract and make it hard to pin down his location it would be more noticeable than a static illusion when he moved.

"Here let me show you something," he said, applying his own effect over the top of Simon's, causing it to adjust when he moved, changing it from a blur of the background to making the background shift naturally, making his movements seem as though it was simply the wind blowing through the area. He held the illusion long enough for Simon to observe it and then let it drop.

"Half of you need to proceed into the communication facility now. Any of you that have skill in tracking, go into the woods. We need to see if any of our other units survived whatever happened down their. I'll let you decide who does what. Though...do it with haste if you can. We're kind of on the clock." The Lieutenant said as they began landing procedures outside a two story apartment complex, he quickly made his way to the door before stopping and turning to Isabelle.

"Oh. And Izzy," He said turning to her. "Would you mind leading the team that goes into the woods? I'm fairly sure you're spirit friend will be invaluable with this." A disgruntled look appeared on her face as he mentioned her unofficial nickname.

"You know how much I hate being called Izzy. Despite that, I wouldn't mind at all, haven't lead a team in a little while. And I guess if there are any spirits about, Vayle should be able to find them." Isabelle said, giving off a quick salute to the Lieutenant before disembarking. She could already see that someone had run off into the surrounding woods, and upon closer examination, discovered that it was the one who called himself Ghost.

"Alright, everyone who is one the forest team come with me. Keep a close eye out for any bodies, both living and/or dead; they might have something on them that could give us clues as to what happened. Vayle, you keep an eye out for any lingering spirits, see if you can contact them, find out what they know."

Captain Lara Reid, PhD - Sector 14

She woke as the plane began to descend finding her head had lulled onto her left shoulder. She didn't realise she had been so tired. Lara was relieved at the smooth landing, she hated flying, well, more the thought of crashing. Looking out of the small window she saw the grassy fields stretching to a complex, with an overcast sky the mid-evening seemed darker than it should be. Lara tried not to imagine the kind of creatures lurking in the failing light.

"Oh I'll go to the complex!" Lara chirped jumping from her seat and grabbing the tablet computer from the floor, where it had fallen when she was asleep. Picking up the rest of her gear she stepped down from the plane and began furiously tapping on her tablet before drawing her P90 into a ready position. Flicking the safety off.

"Huh, seems I'm not the only one with some skill with illusions, you might want to wait to cast that until we're at the forest though, don't want to waste energy." A tall thin guy with an american said. "Here let me show you something,"

Simon felt the effects of Garath's illusion. He could sense the difference between their two illusions, Simon took note of how this new illusion made any movment whilst under the illusion shift naturally, it looked like the wind shifting rather than the blur.

"Hey mate, cheers" Simon grinned, he concentrated and adjusted his illusion to try and match this new technique. Whilst not as good as the one he was shown he now looked more like a smudge than a blur. Moving around he noted where he would need to practice further.

Walking over to Garath he held out his hand. "Simon, nice to meet you. Your illusion work is really good." He said as way of introduction "Don't worry about energy though, I can hold multiple illusions at once for hours" He commented not as a boast but as fact. "Fae magic is different to human you see." He grinned mischievously, the faint light of the sun flashing behind his amber eyes.

Richard had considered the two places, and decided the woods would be the best place, since he was more likely to find interesting species there. It might be more risky, but he was somewhat skilled at hiding and at running away, so it should balance out. By the time he had decided, several people had already left the jet, so he grabbed the shotgun and suitcase and put the helmet on. Isabelle, who had been asked by the lieutenant to lead the team spoke;

"Alright, everyone who is one the forest team come with me. Keep a close eye out for any bodies, both living and/or dead; they might have something on them that could give us clues as to what happened. Vayle, you keep an eye out for any lingering spirits, see if you can contact them, find out what they know."

So he went out to the group that had gathered. For now it was three people, the guy who had entered with the demon-sword earlier, Garath, and Isabelle. Richard stepped up to her. "I won't be a weak link, even if I'm not that reliable either," he admitted. "But this is probably the more interesting path."

Shaking Simon's hand Garath replied "Garath Heller," taking note of how quickly Simon had adjusted his illusion he added "you're a fast learner, and I'm sure you can keep the illusions going, I'm just a lazy bastard who doesn't like wasting effort."

He saw that Isabelle had started to lead the group into the woods, "Guess we'd better head out, why don't you apply your glamour to the group and I'll stack my modification on top, that way if we get spotted I can drop my effect and the blur can take effect."

"Oh I'll go to the complex!" Lara chirped jumping from her seat and grabbing the tablet computer from the floor, where it had fallen when she was asleep.

Sophie managed to stop herself from rolling her eyes as Lara came up behind her, but never took her eyes off the door.

"So far, it looks like it's just you an me," she said. "I assume you know how to use that? If not, I hope you're a really fast learner."

Nodding to Gareth, he turned and began following the rest of the group. Simon jogged up to each member of the group, His foot fall barely increasing in volume rendering him almost silent. He moved into each members vission before briefly touching an arm, a shoulder or another easy to reach appropriate part of the body.

As he came into contact each member he extended his glamour to them. Each member becoming a blury smudge, as an after thought he adjusted the illusion to allow each of the team to see each other through the illusion. He considered moddifying their preceptions but without warning and practice it could disorientate them, also if he was to drop that sort of illusion it could be more dangerous to them. He dropped to the back of the group walking next to Gareth. "Done, I'll add anyone else who join's the group."

Eliezer was dismayed that he hadn't got the door open or thought of a devious bargain that would trap Richard to his word before the plane landed, the Lieutenant walked over to him and opened the door. Well at least he could leave without going splat.

"I'm going for a walk,"He said to the Lieutenant, "It's been a while since I stretched my legs, oh, and only my friends call me El.

He headed in the direction of neither the forest or the facility and hoped to get as far away as possible.

Captain Lara Reid, PhD - Sector 14

She had been so engrossed in her tablet Lara had almost forgot about Sophie. The built in sensor was beginning to boot up and she was impatiently awaiting the first readings. When nothing returned, she frowned, and decided the range was far too short on the sensor to pick up anything from here. She needed to get closer and for a moment Lara wondered if the facility had a wifi network she could crack. It seemed unlikely, but she lived in hope.

Lara turned to Sophie.

"Err... Which way do the bullets come out again?" She remarked flipping her P90 around with a smile on her lips. After a moments pause she resumed. "Don't worry, I am a trained United States Airforce Captain after all! Plus I have my EPG."

Lara pulled out her sidearm from the leg holster. It looked like a bulky tazer without any markings. "It stands for Electronic Projectile Gun, it's never been field tested, granted, but it fires a single electrical charge, intended to overwhelm the electrical brain activity and nervous system of a target. In worst case scenarios it can actually induce a coma."

She was about to explain the inner workings in every small detail, when she stopped and grinned. "Sorry, I can get carried away sometimes."

Richard was walking a little behind Isabelle when Simon suddenly was in front of him and touched his arm, but before he really got the time to react, the man had already ran ahead, well, Richard couldn't see him at least. People around him turned blurry.

"What the..." Richard looked around, confused. However, as fast as it had happened, the people got clear again. "Interesting," he murmured, mostly to himself. "Some kind of illusion?" He turned around, finally spotting Simon again. He had to be the one behind it, but a good camouflage wasn't a bad thing, especially considering it would give Richard the time to examine what he wanted.

Behind them he could see Eliezer leave in a different direction, alone. "Guess he didn't want to help out then." He thought about calling out, but stopped. Eliezer should be able to decide for himself for once, and his had seemed intend on running away since Richard had first met him. "I should probably focus on what's around me," he decided, and looked after whatever he thought could be useful as he walked.

Sophie snickered at Lara's joke, a half-smile on her face. "Airforce, eh? Soooo many ironic jokes I could make..."

She actually seemed fairly interested in the EPG. She raised an eyebrow when it was being explained, at least, but still never looked away from the door. "Huh. Could'a used one of those in the Marines. Anyway, push comes to shove, shoot the nearest demon in the face."

A pause. "Nearest full demon. I don't know how much more my face can take. Anyway, I don't suppose you can hack the network in the building with that thing, maybe get some cameras under our control at least? Or is it down?"

She started slowly making her way to the door, sweeping her eyes and bullpup around, looking for anything even remotely out of the ordinary.

"Done, I'll add anyone else who join's the group."

Garath nodded, concentrating he applied his modification to the group, they would be nearly invisible now even when moving through the forest. Now he just needed to avoid making too much noise, it would be hard for someone to rationalize the wind as having snapped twigs underfoot.

[b]She started slowly making her way to the door, sweeping her eyes and bullpup around, looking for anything even remotely out of the ordinary.[\b]
*thump*
A headless humanoid demon collapsed to the ground behind Sophia, holes in its temple, heart, and stump of a neck.

In order to prevent the inevitable bullet storm from two twitchy DICE agents, "Don't shoot, Aaron Pertition is currently located behind this tree!" True to his word, Aaron was exactly where he said he'd be. He approached the scientist and the soldier with hands (and knife) in the air, making himself look as much like a human as possible.

"My apologies for the sudden intrusion, but when the plane landed and people went and did whateverthefuck, I decided to head to the compound and meet up with others there. On the way, however, my way was constantly being blocked and interrupted by random demons that I didn't want to shoot with extraordinarily loud firearms, and stalking then silently killing humanoid demons then hiding their bodies (usually in trees) is a very time consuming process. So, I've basically been meandering through these woods, murdering any hostiles, and attempting to head towards the compound ever since I disembarked from the plane." He paused, letting the silence fill in after his story. Then he remembered to sheathe his knife.

"Anyway, what's behind that door?" He asked.

OOC: I hate capchas.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked