D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 39 NEXT

Crow would be lying if he denied some small amusement at Aaron's dive. He made an effort to hide it though.

"My apologies sir. I appear to startled you."

Noting that Lara was occupied and Aaron had decided to stand guard, he decided he should probably try to least get some manner of information out of the survivor before he expired.

"I'm terribly sorry sir, could you please elaborate on the situation?" Drawing out his notebook and pen, he waited to hear what the scientist had to say.

"Let me see your hands."

The mysterious man turned and looked at the man currently training his gun on him and smiled under his hood.

"Are you with the group who was supposed to be operating here? What happened to the rest of them?"

"I was merely here to patrol the area," responded the D3 operative. "We were ambushed by demons of much higher level than usual. I dont know if the rest of my team are even alive. But this guy seems to know more than I do"

Mikhail pointed to the man in the shadows, who's hands were still placed in his pokets, paying no heed to Ghost's warning.

"I'm terribly sorry sir, could you please elaborate on the situation?"

The lone D6 survivor propped himself up against the wall as he recollected what had happened.

"It was...a human. A young boy. Followed by a pack of demons. He hacked into our systems with a laptop and some kind of device. They came in far too quickly for any of us to act. And the Division 3 operatives were already out pinning down a demon that had made off with a live hostage"

When the bullets Elizer fired hit the creature's internal stomach lining, it let out a loud wail that could be heard by everyone in the area. The creature began to tunnel it's way out of the ground. As it began this process, something strange happened inside it's stomach. Four skeletons, likely victims of it's last meal, rose up out of the acid. The floated over to Elizer and began grabbing at him from below, trying to shake him from the boulder.

Crow frowned. This seemed most irregular. A young human boy commanding demons? This device the man mentioned though, may be a topic for further pursuit. He turned.

"Captain? This gentleman says that a laptop and some form of device was used to hack the system. Perhaps you might find any details he has on the subject illuminating?"

Turning again, this time to Sophia and Aaron, he continued. "He also claims that the invading demons are being led by a young boy. A human one, interestingly. If you should see one, I would be very wary."

He returned his attention to the scientist, intending to keep him conscious as long as possible by continuing his questions until Lara had asked anything she needed to regarding the device. "Tell me about the hostage sir."

He was forgetting something. Oh yes. That's right. He looked around. "I don't suppose anyone has any medical expertise? This man is in quite a dire state."

Mister Science Man strolled into the facility in a completely brilliant and unique way that I would type if I had bothered to read the past pages and learn what, in fact, the facility was. Suffice it to say, he was then within the facility, to the extent that the facility would allow him to be. In a self-assured manner. Yes.

"I was merely here to patrol the area. We were ambushed by demons of much higher level than usual. I dont know if the rest of my team are even alive. But this guy seems to know more than I do"

"Well then, perhaps you could bring me up to speed on the situation." Ghost said, talking to the man in the shadows. "And please, if you're not gonna show me your hands, at least take them out of your pockets. Slowly." He still had the M4 trained on the man, and flicked off the safety as he said this. I'd hate to make a poor impression by shooting this bastard, but if he doesn't show me his hands, I'm not gonna have a choice. He thought. He could have anything in there... A gun, a detonator for an explosive in the facility, hell, could even be a grenade...

With these thoughts running through his head, he didn't move any closer to the man. Ghost wanted the extra distance to be able to react to a sudden rush on the part of the other.

"Right, when everyone is ready, we will begin."

So, he was just going to stand there and don't look threatening? That wasn't hard, but even if the others said it was best not to remove the man's gun, he wasn't that sure. Moving a bit behind the others so that he wasn't directly in sight, he answered; "Sure, I'm ready."

Simon felt Garath take control of his illusion. Taking his axe from his shoulder he used a little magic to hide it and then slid it through the straps on his bag.. He didn't want to spook the guy by appearing with a sodding great axe over his shoulder. Quietly he answered "Ready when you are."

With the buffoon gone, Eligor took it upon himself to help the others and floated towards the facility while the others in the jet just stood there. His eye was completely red with rage, breaking thousands of years of patience. Eligor hurled himself into the facility, whirling in circles at whatever target he could hit.

"I don't suppose anyone has any medical expertise? This man is in quite a dire state."

"Don't look at me, I open wounds not close them!" Danny replied.

Maybe it was the way he talked, or the fact that he was the second 'friendly' demon he had encountered today, but Danny didn't mind Crow that much. This didn't mean he liked him, he just didn't feel the urge to whip out his gun and shoot. So, from what he had found out, a boy with demons as pawns raided this facility and they had a hostage. A sacrifice to their gods maybe? I could have sworn they did that in the warehouse. Danny wanted to go looking around the facility; he was growing tired of doing nothing. If a pack of demons weren't going to run in their general direction anytime soon, Danny was going to go off and find some. Hell, maybe he'd find the hostage on his way.

Raida ducked under her seat and pulled out her sidearm. She stood ready to go, but the Lieutenant put up his hand to stop her.

"Afraid not miss.

"Sir? But I..."

"We have more than enough people to handle it I believe. You just worry about holding down our getaway vehical"

With that, The Lieutenant leaped out the jet and looked around the area. The sword had flung itself into the facility. From what he could sense, there was only one enemy left in there. A strong one, but nothing they couldnt handle.

There was a seperate demon over in the woods near the forest team. Again, only one demon in the whole forest. That seemed off. There was also a single demon moving around below everyone. This one much bigger than the others.

"Hmm...guess I'll see what's taking them so long with the communication devices"

"Tell me about the hostage sir."

"It's a little girl. 13. She's from a town 50 or so miles north. We're not sure why they took her."

As Crow questioned the witness, Lara was hard at work trying to get the devices back on line. Every time see made progress, another firewall came up to block her, taking the image of a smiley face with it's touge out. It was going to take another 2 minutes before systems restored.

"Well then, perhaps you could bring me up to speed on the situation." Ghost said, talking to the man in the shadows. "And please, if you're not gonna show me your hands, at least take them out of your pockets. Slowly."

"Oh. You people are soooo demanding today."

The man removed his gloved hands from his pockets and laid them at his side.

"Well? What now?

"Well? What now?"

"Now, I ask what the hell is going on around here." Ghost said, lowering his weapon. "So please, enlighten me." Any information he could get from this guy would be helpful, and he was starting to get impatient with this guy. This is supposed to be a demon-heavy area, and here I am talking to a guy who could be one of them... What a path my career has taken.

The creature let out an agonizing scream of pain when the bullets hit it.

"How do you like that then?" He shouted gleefully.

Click, click, click

The gun had either jammed or run out of ammo. Eliezer didn't know which, all he knew about guns was that you pointed at something, pulled the trigger and hope for the best. The thing you were shooting should either be wounded or dead, unless you missed completely.

Elizer could feel the creature lurch into motion, swaying from side to side on the boulder he was on.

He could see something emerging from the other side of the creature's stomach, slowly floating towards his boulder. Four skeletons, pristine from having all their flesh and clothes dissolved by the acid. They started grabbing at his legs, drips of acid dissolving his clothes and burning into his flesh. He tried smashing them with the butt of the rifle, but the were relentless.

"God dammit Raguel!"He screamed "How the hell am I supposed to serve my penance when I'm a bunch of bones laying at the bottom of this things stomach?!"

Hearing that everyone was in position and ready to act, Isabelle gave the signal.

"Alright then Garath, you can drop this illusion now." She said, nodding him the go ahead. Vayle soon appeared beside her master, giving her status report.

"Master, I have returned. Unfortunately though, whilst I was able to find dead bodies of humans, I couldn't contact them; it felt like their spirit was taken from them. Whether it was by force or not, I simply couldn't tell." She said sounding desperate for answers. Vayle then looked around, confused as to what was happening.

"Uh, what is happening here?"

"Missing spirits? Strange." Isabelle thought before answering the question. "We found this badly injured and obviously scared soldier from Division Three out here in the woods, and we're just about to try and help him. Might be a good idea though if you hide, don't want him running off due to the sight of a ghost."

Captain Lara Reid, PhD - Sector 14

Hacked? That made some kind of sense. She had never seen anything like it before, the operating system was mess. Lara turned to look at Crow and the wounded man raising an eyebrow.

"Well that accounts for the terrible state of the computer. It's like someone rushed the job." She returned her attention to the glowing screen of the tablet. "Damn it!"

She sighed lowering the tablet. Every time she was about to make some progress a firewall came up to block her, taking the image of a smiley face with it's tongue out. Lara looked like a moody child. The problem was frustrating her.

"There good. I'll give them that." She paused. "Maybe if I..."

"I hate to cut in but shouldn't the alarms of 'sacrificial hostage?' be going off right now? You have a thirteen year-old girl, a bad guy, some demonic minions and an empty building. What else could that mean?" Danny said. "Besides, we know there is a hostage. What more do you guys need to know? Her freakin' birthday?" Danny pulled out his handgun and flicked the safety off.

"Shall we go? Or do we need to wait for the screaming to start?"

"Shall we go? Or do we need to wait for the screaming to start?"

"First, the sacrifice is probably over, as we seem to have missed the party. Second, don't be rude, I'm sure Miss Reid here doesn't want to be interrupted now, especially not when her teammates leave her alone and vulnerable. Third," Aaron squinted for this one and craned his neck out as though he caught a glimpse of something, "I don't want to relocate right not, not if I see what I think I see..." Sure enough, another flicker raced by, this time in a clearly recognizable humanoid silhouette. Hardly perturbed, Aaron readied his pistols, continuing with his list. "Fourth, I'm not sure that thing wants us to leave."

"Alright then Garath, you can drop this illusion now."

Garath nodded and released the spell, slowly so as to make it appear as though they were emerging from the woods rather than bursting into existence. They were far enough back that the soldier likely wouldn't notice them until they approached, but he didn't want to startle the man.

"Well then she's not exactly a hostage is she? And I only need to know one thing," Danny pulled his handgun up, "where they are."

Danny wasn't keen on going anymore because the demons had found them. It was also apparent that the hostage wasn't really a hostage, she was a casualty. All that was left was investigating the rest of the facility and eliminating hostiles, the latter which he was about to do.

Isabelle's vision slowly became blurry again as Garath began to release the spell; but to the guard, it would appear as if they were emerging from the woods rather than simply just appearing out of thin air, which would most likely not do wonders for the soldier's mental health. The side effect soon wore off as they got closer to the man. As they approached the guard slowly raised his gun at the group. Isabelle slowly raised her hands in a surrender like pose in response.

"Relax soldier, we're not here to harm you. In fact, we're from D.I.C.E as well, assigned on to a mission to look for survivors in this area. If you just put the gun down, we can help you. It appears as though you are hurt, don't worry, we have a medic here who can assist in treating your injuries." Isabelle said in her kindest and most friendly voice.

"Alright then Garath, you can drop this illusion now."

The world around Richard shifted for a bit, until his sight was clear again. It was good at least that it had happened slowly, instead of instantly. That made it a little more unlikely that he was getting shot. Really, hiding behind the others when he was probably one of those who could come best out of a few shots didn't really occur to him. When they walked closer, the soldier raised his gun, but only as much as he had to, and with an amount of effort.
"That soldier looks as if he can barely stand." Richard thought. "And he doesn't seem to be able to hold the gun steady either. The chance of him shooting and being able to actually harm anyone seems low." When Isabelle raiser hands, Richard slowly stepped out behind the others and did the same. Now that he knew he probably wasn't in danger, it was better to show himself before the soldier started wondering why he was hiding. Or, seen from another point of view, lurking and refusing to be seen. A small detail, but Richard always had thought those were the more important ones.

"Relax soldier, we're not here to harm you. In fact, we're from D.I.C.E as well, assigned on to a mission to look for survivors in this area. If you just put the gun down, we can help you. It appears as though you are hurt, don't worry, we have a medic here who can assist in treating your injuries."

Isabelle told the soldier calmly, but her voice was careful and friendly, trying to make the soldier trust them. Richard kept quiet, but nodded, and though he still had his shotgun, he didn't clench it anymore. That had to be non-threatening, right?

"Now, I ask what the hell is going on around here." Ghost said, lowering his weapon. "So please, enlighten me."

"This, is an unfortunate series of events. And by that I mean, unfortunate for you. To me it's a stroke of luck. Odds are 3 to 1 in favor of your team living. And after this next "test" I'm sure I'll be leaving with the pot"

At those words, both Ghost and Mikhail both heard a strange rumbling under the earth back towards where Ghost came from.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Lieutenant casually strolled into the facility and looked around. Upon seeing Crow, he frowned a bit, a rarity for him.

"Ah. Guys? What's taking so long? There's all of one demon left and it looks like you're sitting around talking to him"

The tears began to flow from the survivor's eyes and took one last deep sigh.

"She is not...happy. You blew her cover"

A torrent of fleshy spikes poured out from his arm and dug into Crow's chest, pushing him back. The former scientist rost up slowly, twitching around in animalistic movements. Then he ran around the corner to another room in the facility, and was gone.

Azkar might have been able to take the imposter down, if not for her having her own problems. A large creature with the head and chest of a woman, and the body and wings of a bird came down to pick her up and off the ground. It pecked and clawed at her from dozens of feet above the facility. From that position, Az could see just how boned the forest team was.
______________________________________________________________________________________

"Relax soldier, we're not here to harm you. In fact, we're from D.I.C.E as well, assigned on to a mission to look for survivors in this area. If you just put the gun down, we can help you. It appears as though you are hurt, don't worry, we have a medic here who can assist in treating your injuries."

The soldier lowered his weapon and smiled.

"Great. We finally get back up and it's way too late. At least for me anyway"

The ground began to shake around the team. After a few moments, the ground behind the solider ripped apart. What came out of the whole, was a creature that shape looked like a human, but it's flesh was gone, leaving only exposed muscle and bone. It stood at the height of a 2 story building, even with it's legs still under the dirt. It let out a sicking scream as it failed it's arms and tried to swat at the assimbled team.

"Great. We finally get back up and it's way too late. At least for me anyway."

"What does he... Suddenly the ground shook, and up came a huge human-like demon who looked like one of the pictures in a biology book. It screamed horribly, and before Richard even got the chance to think, he was running away. "I want to take samples," he thought as he ran so far that he was sure it couldn't reach him. "But not until that's dead. They're the soldiers, they should be able to handle it. At least, better than me."
God, they had to be far too few to take care of this creature. His best bet might be to run for help, but hopefully the people in the facility should be able to hear them. "They are, right?" he thought from behind the trees he had found. At least now, he wasn't in the way. That's what he told himself, as he watched from safe distance.

Azkar was now a huge warped growth, connected to the side of the facility. However the growth was beginning to shrink, the large chitin plates were peeling off and falling away. As if the entire being was rotting. All of a sudden a harpy like creature was upon her, it ripped and tore into the flesh and grabbed what was inside, lifting it quickly into the air.

Azkar could see and sense at the same time that both teams were now in trouble. Luckily her mutations were ending just as this monster attacked her.

Hanging from the monster's talons was Azkar who was now Human sized, looking the part of a 17 year old, beautiful albino girl. However her entire body was covered in a dense, tight fitting set of armor made from her own strengthened and taught tendons with immaculate chitin functioning as the armor plates. Her 'helmet' Completely covered her face and had 2 sets of horns. One set faced towards the back of her head, while the others emerged from the sides and came down and forward, like tusks. Azkar now looked like a twisted knight. Her faceplate was blank, except for a dark crevasse from which her now glowing red eyes could be seen. Azkar had condensed and burned all the biomass down. Going for quality over quantity this time. Now she would see if her choice was right.

Azkar swung back and then forward with frightening speed, digging her gauntlet's hooked fingertips deep into the monsters legs. Azkar cackled maniacally and yelled "It was either this, making the corpses my hive mind troops or making myself an even bigger monster." Azkar continued to laugh as the creature began flicking and slashing at her with it's deadly talons, which glanced off her armor and failed to find purchase.
Azkar continued to climb the monster as it started trying to shake her off. But she was sticking her sharp chitin coated fingers straight into it's muscles and skin.
"I think I made the perfect choice in the end!" Azkar smiled behind her helmet as she took in the views. "It's so beautiful up here! I really have to thank you for such a beautiful sight right after my rebirth!"

Azkar managed to get onto the thing's back in-between it's wings and sensed that it was going to suicide dive into the ground out of fear. Azkar was excited as she smashed her fist into the back of it's skull. Dazing it and causing it to fall.
"I really do appreciate the company, but I have places to be you see!" Azkar squeezed her legs around the creature as they plummeted to the earth, clapping her hands together like an excited child. She then put her hand back over her head and tugged on an odd elongated shape of Chitin, she withdrew this to reveal a longsword made completely of her own body, it's black bone blade slid out from between her armor.
"I'm glad I get a chance to try this!" Azkar began to hum as she slammed the sword downwards through the beasts neck, the blade coming out through it's chest. The blade began to twist and hiss as if it were alive.
Which it was, the sword was a part of Azkar and it was now devouring the monster. Mind, body and soul were all being sucked into the blade. After a few moments Azkar figured she had the best bits, she stood up on it's back and kicked off, watching as it torpedoed into a nearby rocky outlet. Azkar giggled as she spun out of control, hurtling towards a group of trees.

She spread out her arms and legs, correcting her descent. Then she focused her mind and right before she hit the ground, she used all of the psychic energy she could muster to cancel her momentum. Which instantly slowed her down as if she hadn't been falling for a second.

She didn't even notice Richard was hiding in the trees until she softly landed ontop of him.
As softly as a girl covered in living armor can land on a man anyway. Azkar knocked him over and lay on top of him for a few moments and she gave him a hug.

"I remember you from the plane." Azkar's helmet seemed to click and hiss as it pulled back behind her head, horns and all. Her white hair fell down around her face. She gave Richard a big smile, then lifted up a single finger and scolded him "Why are you by yourself and lying down on the job! We have things to kill!" Azkar bounced up and down on his chest excitedly, then pounced off and lifted him to his feet with one hand by his collar. "Everyone looks like they're in trouble, but we're roughly the same distance from both groups? Who deserves our aid more?" Azkar gave a puzzled look and scratched her head, then added. "Oh yeah, if you hadn't noticed, I mutated...* She blushes and held her hands tightly against her chest. "How do you think... How do you think I look?"

(Due to Azkar's forced early hatching she is now even more mentally unstable. Yay.)

Richard had believed he was somewhere safe, until someone landed on him. It was a demon, it seemed, in a horned armor. He was about to reach for the shotgun, when he noticed her red eyes. Was it...

"I remember you from the plane."

Yes, it seemed it was. Somehow, probably by the means of mutation, Azkar had changed, and had now human-shape. She hugged him, and removed her helmet, revealing her face.

"Why are you by yourself and lying down on the job! We have things to kill!"

She asked, scolding him it seemed. Richard had a hard time breathing, since she was still on him. "I-I'm a scientist, I'm not supposed to fight huge demons. I'm supposed to test them." She then jumped on his chest, making an awkward situation even more awkward. When she was done, she lifted him up with only one hand. Of course, she was strong enough to do that, being somewhere between a demon and a human.

"Everyone looks like they're in trouble, but we're roughly the same distance from both groups? Who deserves our aid more?"

He shook his head, that was a question he couldn't answer. Though, from what he knew, most of the people where in the facility, and the forest group where he had just ran from had been attacked by a really big demon. Richard kept quiet, and looked away for a short moment, before meeting her eyes again and smiling apologetic.

"Oh yeah, if you hadn't noticed, I mutated...* She blushes and held her hands tightly against her chest. "How do you think... How do you think I look?"

"You look... interesting. What kind of demon did you eat to become like that?" He cleared his throat. It wasn't the first time he had said something rude, so he thought to be a bit more careful. "If you don't mind me asking."

Azkar lifted up her arms and stretched. "Just an officer Demon, tasted like sin mostly..." Azkar blinked slowly and rubbed her temples with her palms. "Probably shouldn't have eaten her soul... But when you find a nasty one... It's hard to resist stopping them for good." Azkar grimaced as if she had a bad headache, then she looked back at Richard and asked "Well, if team forest lacks heavy ordinance then they'll probably need help. The people in the facility should be alright for now. If we regroup with the forest team first we might be able to kill whatever that big thing is..." Azkar was squinting and looking at the ground, as if she were having great difficulty in putting her thoughts together.

Azkar covered her eyes with her hands and lent back, groaning. She then flopped forward and stared at Richard with dreary, tired eyes. "Hey... You're smart... Do you think my head would stop hurting if I ate you?" Azkar's eyes were slow to blink and they seemed to lose focus quickly, as if she weren't looking anywhere in particular. "No... no... That's no good." she muttered quietly to herself.

Azkar shuffled over to a tree, then sat heavily against it, eyes half closed. She gave Richard a small grin and then yawned "I'm going to have a nap, you work out what we should do."
She then closed her eyes, her head tilted to the side and her hair fell over her face. Azkar fell asleep.

Garath watched as the massive demon burst from the ground, "Well then, its been something resembling an honor knowing you all," he said, standing up from the tree he had been leaning on, fear visible on his face.

Ideas raced through his head, he doubted he could make an illusion of anything it was afraid of, and he doubted even more that any summons of his could do much to it. He could use his illusions to help them hide and get away, but the thing had already seen them and would likely pursue them, regardless of illusions. That left him with about one useful skill that he could think of.

"I'm going to try and bind that thing," he shouted to the rest of the group, stepping back away from the clearing it was in, he only needed eye contact to start the binding, and with that things size that meant he had quite a lot of range, "I should be able to hold it in place, or maybe make it retreat, at the very least it'll be distracted."

He began muttering the incantation under his breath, and focusing on the monster, binding was a contest of willpower and he hoped he had enough, he felt his mind contact the demon and the struggle began.

The animated skeletons kept coming at Eliezer and he kept fight them off. Every time he hit one with the rifle flecks of bone chipped off, some were missing ribs and hands, others had their skulls smashed in. Every time one managed to grab hold of him acid would trickle down his calf, burning into his skin, going down to the bone. They were all looking worse for wear, including Eliezer.

As the corpse of the Division 3 soldier he had got the rifle began to sink further into the acid, he saw a glint of metal. The soldier had been carrying a combat knife. He could use that to get out. Once he got the skeletons off him (again) he grabbed it.

Luckily the boulder he was on was near stomach wall and he started hacking at it with the knife, hoping it was thin enough to cut through.

"This, is an unfortunate series of events. And by that I mean, unfortunate for you. To me it's a stroke of luck. Odds are 3 to 1 in favor of your team living. And after this next "test" I'm sure I'll be leaving with the pot"

"So does that mean you're betting for us or against us?" Ghost asked, still not sure of this guys motives. "You know what, it doesn't matter. We'll survive, and you can count on it."

Just then, a rumbling from the direction Ghost had come from drew his attention. What the hell? I thought we weren't supposed to be using explosives. He thought, remembering that part of the mission was to repair communications, rather than blow them up. "Let's go." He said to Mikhail, running toward the source of the noise.

It had been a few minutes since the flicker had passed by, and Aaron found himself pouring over the ivory inlays as though it was his first time seeing them. In a sense this is true, as something seemed to click inside of his head, and this click made him see the ivory ornaments through new eyes, in a sense. He also seemed to be muttering something under his breath, with his mouth making faint shapes but no sound was coming out.

"She is not...happy. You blew her cover"

This comment caused Aaron's ears to perk up, and the sound of dull thuds sprung him into action. His attention to his pistols was broken as he spun in a circle, to both protect his back and to position himself as to unleash a .45 caliber hail onto what was the survivor. Several shots made an impact on the monster, causing its movements to jerk more than they already were, but Aaron stopped pulling the triggers when the scientist fled around the corner. Aaron ejected both magazines and began to refill them as he tried to spur the team into pursuit.

"Laura! With all due respect, can you please hurry up? I don't want to remain here if there's a chance our location is being reported. I know that's important, but can't you do it somewhere else!"

Eligor was buried in a demon's corpse somewhere, his eye redder than ever. You would think somebody would notice a sword come swinging in from the entrance. But no, they had just noticed that the demonic horde had somewhat thinned, somehow. After that little rest, he had enough energy and Eligor pulled himself up from the clutches of the corpse's flesh, only to see a towering twisted knight that laughed with glee. Then whoever than was when off somewhere. Eligor took a deep sigh again and followed after the person. Whoever than was being extremely talkative then suddenly fell asleep. He then turned to the sloppy looking man with messy blond hair.

"Er... hello." He boomed, trying to keep most of the anger inside, "What in the blazes just happened there?"

"Er... hello." He boomed, trying to keep most of the anger inside, "What in the blazes just happened there?"

Richard hadn't moved from his position on the ground, sitting against a tree. When the sword asked, he shrugged and turned slightly towards Azkar cautious, before looking at the sword. "Well," he said, trying to sound calm. "I was almost eaten, I think." Richard's interest in the demon-sword was somewhat dim, considering it didn't have any actual DNA. But he continued, for some reason feeling as if the demon inside the blade was annoyed.
"As for everything else, I'm currently waiting for the soldiers to take care of a huge demon further into the forest. Considering I'm a scientist, I think I would be more in the way than not. I don't know what to do about her though," Richard admitted. "When she awakens, she might drag me into something dangerous." He stood up, and smirked. "It's interesting, of course, but I don't really feel like risking my life. How about you? Shouldn't you be in someone's hands?"

Eligor carefully listened to the messy blonde, his words giving off a faint sense of fear. Eligor regarded himself especially good at listening and patient, others mostly regarded him as good at being outspoken and lying there unused. Then again, the same thing that had happened many a time had happened this time. At least for him, there would be the next mission, but for the others that was not always so. With a brief spell of thinking things through he had calmed down a bit, as for all the pride gained by slaying huge demonic beasts, there was the smell of their entrails and perhaps a chance of encountering some stomach acid, not a peasant experience in any case. He shook himself from his musings.

"As for everything else, I'm currently waiting for the soldiers to take care of a huge demon further into the forest. Considering I'm a scientist, I think I would be more in the way than not. I don't know what to do about her though," Richard admitted. "When she awakens, she might drag me into something dangerous." He stood up, and smirked. "It's interesting, of course, but I don't really feel like risking my life. How about you? Shouldn't you be in someone's hands?"

"Scientist, eh? What are you letting her drag you into the front lines for them?" Eligor chuckled as he said those words, an image of the unlikely couple together in love entered his head, "I should be wielded by someone, yes. But it appears they think that their bare fists would be sufficient, in manner of speaking."

"Scientist, eh? What are you letting her drag you into the front lines for them?" Eligor chuckled as he said those words, an image of the unlikely couple together in love entered his head, "I should be wielded by someone, yes. But it appears they think that their bare fists would be sufficient, in manner of speaking."

"Well, I'm not actually letting her drag me out..." Richard murmured. For some reason he felt as if there some kind of second meaning behind those words. "But considering she's a bit... unpredictable... it might be the easier way out if I just agree and follow. Too bad about you not getting wielded, though, it would be quite intriguing to watch what effect you could have on other demons." He replaced the regular shots in the shotgun with the ones he had gotten from the other scientists. "I might as well be prepared for what could happen. Or really, anything." Richard looked over at Azkar.
"Should we wake her up? I mean, there's both cons and pros, considering the situation."

Than little remark cheered up Eligor a bit, even though it was only a little. Sure, they were just two socially awkward people being awkward but more often or not, in Eligor's experience that often led to something anyway. If he had a mouth, a devilish smile would appear on his face that that moment as Eligor wondered whether the scientist would pick up on that little hidden meaning.

"Well, I'm not actually letting her drag me out..." Richard murmured."But considering she's a bit... unpredictable... it might be the easier way out if I just agree and follow. Too bad about you not getting wielded, though, it would be quite intriguing to watch what effect you could have on other demons." He replaced the regular shots in the shotgun with the ones he had gotten from the other scientists. "I might as well be prepared for what could happen. Or really, anything." Richard looked over at Azkar."Should we wake her up? I mean, there's both cons and pros, considering the situation."

The scientist was just a mess of mutters, murmurs and mumbles. Eligor sighed again. What was that about a giant demon further into the forest? Best rally the troops, whether they wanted to be rallied or not. Just standing here was wasting time and from the sounds from the forest, the group over there needed backup.

"If she drags you into oblivion, you won't resist?" He mused, "That attitude isn't particularity self-serving, you know."

He then turned to Azkar, noticing that she strangely looked like the demon knights of Hell.

"Better wake her up, whatever she is. There be a giant over the horizon that looks like it needs slaying."

Isabelle watched as the monstrosity from beneath the earth rose up and started flailing its arms about. Vayle began to quiver in fear from behind as the pair of them quickly dodged from side to side, avoiding the arms with each step.

"I'm going to try and bind that thing." Garath said as he began chanting magic. "I should be able to hold it in place, or maybe make it retreat, at the very least it'll be distracted." Isabelle couldn't simply stand by and do nothing; as she had to try and uphold the name of her family. She began thinking of a plan, and turned to Vayle.

"Vayle, I need you to help Garath with binding the demon. Look I know your scared, but I have faith in you." She said in a warm, and slightly motherly sounding voice; showing concern for the spirit. Vayle smile and hugged Isabelle.

"Aww shucks Master, now I feel like a fool." Vayle said with a slight blush in her cheeks. She then floated up into the air and brought out her crystal ball, which appeared in a puff of smoke. It was then that a glyph was formed as she began sending out spectral ropes in an attempt to hold the demon down.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked